PDA

View Full Version : Game Concept:

mootoall
2010-09-16, 06:27 PM
Okay, here's the deal. I'm drawing up a campaign, and have a pretty interesting world built up. Deific changes, twisted magic, etc. However, I have a concept that I'd like to run by some much more experienced people. Basically, I plan to run this solely by play by post, and what I want is to have two groups: Team Good and Team Morally Questionable. They would have different threads, and would not be permitted to look at the others'. They would essentially act completely on their own, and I would only have them run into each other when they happen to be in the same place, or when their missions conflict, which I plan to have happen at least once or twice (this is not guaranteed, but I hope for it to happen). Is this a good idea? Or is the chance that cheating/PvP will ruin/make the game less fun too great?

onthetown
2010-09-16, 07:54 PM
I have a friend who played in a campaign like this. The two parties' stories intertwined, but they didn't meet until everything came together. They finally combined the groups for the final boss.

He said he really enjoyed it and it sounds like an interesting concept to me.

They weren't able to cheat because I think they used Skype for the separate sessions, so I have nothing to offer on that topic...