PDA

View Full Version : Digimon: Uplink Uproad Trip(group 2)

Jayngfet
2010-09-16, 07:08 PM
ALL players:

You find yourselves checking through your mail, at home. Something has arrived, an unfamiliar box you didn't send for. You open it. Underneath is a black briefcase like container, fairly small and made of plastic.

You open that. A layer of white styrofoam, a solid plane from end to end.

You open that, somewhat annoyed and frustrated. But here it is, a note:

Congratulation (your name here)(*it really says "your name here" -wierd*)

You have been chosen to test our new product, OO corporations new Digivice Datadrake. Enclosed within are the device, instruction manual, an activation key, and a phone card good for 20 digipoints.

Below that is the Datadrake Digivice. It looks more or less like a phone, a shiny, new, free phone. Of just the sort you'd always wanted.

Also inside the case are a disc for installing the necessary software, a usb cable to connect to the computer, and two cards. One is the phone card, white and red. The other is black and has a darker shade of red. This one doesn't have any numbers on it, just a magnetic strip for swiping.

You take the whole thing to your computer, whichever room in your home that is. Loading in the disc and putting the data on your computer, you quickly plug the cable in and load he phone up. In a few minutes it beeps to confirm the downloads completion.

You push a button and fiddle around with it. After going through the other functions if you'd want to, you check the wireless internet on this thing.

The world goes white

(at this point, your situations differ a bit)

------------------------

Parker awakens, lying facedown in a pile of filth. You push yourself up to your feet, the floor is spongey and yielding, your feet sinking down to your ankles in it. You look down to see you appear to be standing on an island of refuse, rotating slowly at the center of a wide cavern of what appears to be a sewer. You look around the island and see it's one other inhabitant.

A green, slimy monster is chewing on your suitcase, along with a metallic safe like container. The thing is green with purple spots, and seems to be largely made of spoiled jell-o. It's only solid body parts, rows of large stained yellow teeth, chew on the container, each tooth blunt, but the size of your fist.

In your hand is your phone, which begins ringing. The monster doesn't seem to care or notice you, chewing in vain at the hard containers, doing little more than scratch them.

To make matters worse, more shapes are moving around the water between you and the walkway.

Selena Awakens in a grey walled room, though she can hardly see the walls. Pipes cover the walls and roof, jut out of the floor, and some even cross through the air into the next wall. The nearest door seems to be blocked with still more pipes. The farthest wall, however, bears a control panel.

Next to you are two cases, your black plastic cell phone case, and a shiny metal safe with a card swipe system. Your phone begins ringing.

Simon Awakens, on the edge of a smelly underground river. Your blackberry in hand, you look over. The river is three meters wide and flows fast, filled with smelly leavings. Across the river are two things, your cellphone case, and a metallic safe. Judging by your surroundings, you're caught in a massive sewer. You have no idea where you are, or what you're supposed to do.

Your phone rings.

DMBlackhart
2010-09-16, 07:15 PM
Simon Simon

The adolescent goth child awakens, his hair matted from laying on the hard ground. The first thing to come to his senses, other then the surrounding landscape, is the horrible, putrid odor. Then he notices the river of pestilence rapidly waving past him, carrying the strong smell in a further direction.

Simon stands, coming to his senses, and rubbing his saliva drenched mouth off with his leather sleeve. At that moment the boy's phone begins to ring. The chime is a heavy metal song, from a band few people would recognize. But that's just Simon's style.

He picks up the phone, pressing it to his ear, and quietly mumbles the word "Hello?"

sciencepanda
2010-09-16, 09:07 PM
Lucian Macri (Formerly Parker)

"What."

Ok, so it seems that I have snapped. This is certainly a good sign. I knew I should have checked to see that those paint thinners were non-toxic.

Not fully comprehending what is going on, he checks the shiny new phone, perhaps to see if the call is from a number he recognizes. At the same time, Lucian approaches the slimy monster and asks in a half-sarcastic tone.

"I...er...could you...not eat my stuff, please?"

Jayngfet
2010-09-18, 11:38 PM
Bwuh? The slime creature seems surprised at your apperance, but doesn't stop chewin. Lucian finds out his conversation partner isn't the most articulate.

Simon answers the phone

"Alright, lets get one thing clear. Don't panic, we'll explain everything to you.

You've been transported via your digivice into another dimension known as the digital world. It's own energy functions did it but it takes more to get home.

To explain the original point, you're in the digital world, an alternate dimension created from data made by humans via all the information uploaded into the internet. It's inhabitants are Digial Monsters, known as digimon for short. Most of these monsters are benign, as the malicious and dangerous data was previously stored elsewhere, but it's beginning to leak through.

Thats where you come in, when destroyed these dark digimon release an energy converted into cards by your digivice.

In the nearby safe is an egg containing a digimon. This egg also has a number written on. Using that and apps, which will be explained later, you can kill dark digimon and return home.

Since we know you aren't in any state to digest this information, here's the short version: Find your safe, swipe your card in your case, we'll call you back to explain from there. Apologies for any difficuties, we aren't in complete control here. Any questions?"

sciencepanda
2010-09-19, 12:02 AM
Totally confused by this turn of events, Lucian cannot think of any better ideas, so he answers his phone.

"...Hello?"

Viera Champion
2010-09-19, 08:27 PM
Selena is confused as to what just happened bit she picks up her Sansung Intensity 2 anyways.
Hello?

Jayngfet
2010-09-19, 08:51 PM
Selena and Lucian

"Alright, lets get one thing clear. Don't panic, we'll explain everything to you.

You've been transported via your digivice into another dimension known as the digital world. It's own energy functions did it but it takes more to get home.

To explain the original point, you're in the digital world, an alternate dimension created from data made by humans via all the information uploaded into the internet. It's inhabitants are Digial Monsters, known as digimon for short. Most of these monsters are benign, as the malicious and dangerous data was previously stored elsewhere, but it's beginning to leak through.

Thats where you come in, when destroyed these dark digimon release an energy converted into cards by your digivice.

In the nearby safe is an egg containing a digimon. This egg also has a number written on. Using that and apps, which will be explained later, you can kill dark digimon and return home.

Since we know you aren't in any state to digest this information, here's the short version: Find your safe, swipe your card in your case, we'll call you back to explain from there. Apologies for any difficuties, we aren't in complete control here. Any questions?"

sciencepanda
2010-09-19, 08:57 PM
Ok, so it's pretty clear that I have definitely snapped.

"...Yes, for a matter of fact I do."

"Just who are you, exactly? Why am I in particular here, and why do you need me specifically to defeat these 'dark digimon?' Why do they need to be defeated anyway? What is it that makes them 'dark?' I don't know if I can justify just killing things! What reason do I have to do so?"

Viera Champion
2010-09-19, 09:08 PM
Selena decides not to argue, as she feels as if she has done this before in the last thread.:smalltongue:

She finds the safe, swipes the card, and waits for the call back.

Jayngfet
2010-09-19, 09:17 PM
"We said before, their data isn't the sort one thinks of when you think about data. Think of it this way, building plans on a computer are data. However, so is malware and the like. It's like every bad thing you could do to a computer simultaneously being released onto every network in the world.

Us, we're the OO group, or ∞ , we may sound like we're in conrol but really we're in as deep as you are. We're just a group who found out about this recently.

You specifically were on a list we found. Your swipe card was ready made and I'm guessing the safe and digimon were made specifically for you. Based on our observations you'd have been transfered in much more violently without our help and wouldn't have had any other gear or advice.

Your reason to fight, twofold. First is the fact that while you were intended to enter, you weren't intended to leave. The digivice is meant to force a hole open, but takes more energy to return. As well, this world is INHABITED. If the fact that the internet will go down FOREVER isn't enough, the fact that billions will be slaughtered damned well better be."

Selena swipes the card, revealing a white egg with pink numbers running down one side.

The phone rings.

sciencepanda
2010-09-19, 09:20 PM
"..."

"Ignoring the fact that this all makes no real sense. Are there any other rules I should be aware of? Do I have to shout some sort of phrase when swiping the cards? Any other information that I may perchance need?"

...I really ought to be writing this stuff down.

Jayngfet
2010-09-19, 09:27 PM
"It makes no sense, we know. We've got an entire team of scientists telling us this all works on "****ing miracles" ninety percent of the time and have barely enough info ourselves.

No phrase is needed, but you can use one if you like.

Once you've got the egg you'll find a number on the side, record that in your phone to use it's apps.

On apps, there's a store available, you can spend digipoints found on cards there. The first two you can afford are Digivolve-rookie an Digivolve-+1.

Buy those and apply the first to your digimon once it's hatched. Dial 000 if you need additional information. We'll call you when you need to otherwise."

sciencepanda
2010-09-19, 09:53 PM
"Alright. Thanks for your help, I suppose. I'll let you know if I have any further questions."

Still skeptical of this whole matter, Lucian flips the card around in his fingers for a moment, before eventually deciding to scan it in.

Heh, I may as well be dramatic about it.

"Digi-Matrix, Engage!" he shouts to no one in particular, as he swipes the card through.

Viera Champion
2010-09-20, 07:22 PM
:smalltongue:

Selena answers the phone.
An egg? Really? What is this, breakfast?

Jayngfet
2010-09-21, 11:56 PM
(the key card is in the case, which is in the slime digimons mouth. So is the Case)

Selena opens the phone.

sciencepanda
2010-09-22, 01:00 AM
"Digi-Matrix, Engage!" he shouts to no one in particular, as he swipes the card through.

Is what Lucian would say, had he any of the proper items for it.

So instead, he approaches the slobbering monster.

"Seriously. That's my stuff. Go get something else to eat." he says, prodding it in the side. He then thinks a moment, and adds, "And when I say 'something else' I do not mean me."

Jayngfet
2010-09-22, 10:48 PM
The Slime digimon opens his mouth slightly to speak "'rade me, Ineed me w'ome food. Ain't noshing on shis ishland bu' empty wrappersh and ushed produc."
\
He can't speak clearly through your items in his mouth.

sciencepanda
2010-09-22, 11:09 PM
"Well, how about this. If you let me have my possessions back, I'll help you go find a good meal. Surely anything would be better than this stuff, anyway."

Lucian's stomach gurgles.

"Come to think of it, I'm pretty hungry myself. So what do you say? Shall we go find something tasty?"

Awkwardly, he extends his hand for the slime creature to shake.

Jayngfet
2010-09-23, 11:39 PM
The creature spits out the cases an extends a greasy nub. You shake, and a layer of yellow green, runny liquid is left on your hand. Damn.

It'd probably be rude to wipe it off right after shaking.

Double damn.

Anyway. DIGIMATRIX ENGAGE.

You swipe both cards. The case pops open and an egg appears out of it, black numbers running down the side. You open up the apps page and buy the only two you can afford, punch in the digimons number from the egg, and your digimons fresh form evolves into "FanBeemon"

Your insectoid partner looks around, wondering whats going on.

Viera Champion
2010-09-24, 05:16 PM
(the key card is in the case, which is in the slime digimons mouth. So is the Case)

Selena opens the phone.

You do realize you already told me those exact words already, right?

Jayngfet
2010-09-25, 01:14 AM
"Sorry. It's been a long day and we've got about a dozen phone calls to make of the same nature. It has a tendancy to run together. Now, any questions?"

sciencepanda
2010-09-25, 09:51 AM
Lucian stands there looking at his digimon for a solid minute before speaking.

"Ah!" he shouts, "So cute!" He promptly begins stretching the small insectoid's cheeks like it's some stuffed animal or such.

"Ack!" the digimon responds in a light, buzzing sort of voice, "Get off! What are you doing! This was not the reaction I was expecting upon hatching!"

"So. Then you're my..."

"Yes. Your Digimon partner."

"Huh. So, If you've only just hatched, how can you talk?"

"That is a very good question."

"That you aren't going to answer?"

"No."

"Huh. So. I guess we will get going at this point?"

"Where to?"

"That is a very good question. Well, I promised the guy over there." He points at the slimy creature behind them, "That we'd find him a good meal. I figure going anywhere is better then here."

Lucian turns again to the slimy digimon, "So, shall we get going? What's your name, anyway?"

Viera Champion
2010-09-26, 07:03 PM
"Sorry. It's been a long day and we've got about a dozen phone calls to make of the same nature. It has a tendancy to run together. Now, any questions?"

Yeah, how do I hatch this egg?

Jayngfet
2010-09-28, 01:19 AM
As if on cue, the egg begins hatching.

They start to explain how it should hatch once the safe opens, but quiet down once they hear the cracking noises from the shell.

------------

The slimy digimon thinks for a minute before saying "Numemon"

sciencepanda
2010-09-28, 12:43 PM
"Well Numemon, it is...nice to meet you."

Lucian begins looking around the island of refuse, looking for a way off.

"How would you say we might get out of here, anyway?"

Viera Champion
2010-09-28, 07:29 PM
As if on cue, the egg begins hatching.

They start to explain how it should hatch once the safe opens, but quiet down once they hear the cracking noises from the shell.

------------

The slimy digimon thinks for a minute before saying "Numemon"

Selena watches the egg hatch, interested.

Jayngfet
2010-09-30, 12:51 AM
Selena watches as her digimon hatches into "Yukimibotamon", who looks at you with a sense of wonder and curiosity, almost like a small child.

The phone's menu screen punches up, and you see the two apps you bought. Which do you use first?

Viera Champion
2010-10-01, 12:01 AM
Selena watches as her digimon hatches into "Yukimibotamon", who looks at you with a sense of wonder and curiosity, almost like a small child.

The phone's menu screen punches up, and you see the two apps you bought. Which do you use first?

Selena thinks on it for a second, furrowing her brow, then picks digivolve-rookie.

Jayngfet
2010-10-01, 12:56 AM
"Salamon" appears after your digimon spins a web of data, and cracks our. The tiny doglike thing looks up again, awaiting your next command.

Viera Champion
2010-10-01, 09:22 PM
Selena blinks and just stares for a second, then squees.
Well aren't you just the cutest little thing?!

Jayngfet
2010-10-08, 12:50 AM
The digimon looks up, bewildered at the new situation

Viera Champion
2010-10-08, 10:13 PM
Selena leans over and huggles Salamon.
And you're all mine too?!

Jayngfet
2010-10-09, 07:04 AM
Salamon shakes a bit, still having no idea whats going on.

Jayngfet
2010-10-10, 02:57 AM
Numemon pauses for a moment before jumping right in, and seems to sort of OOZE through like a piece of damp debris floating along lazily. The moving shape takes a bite at his underside benieth the dirty waves.

A cloud of vomit floats from below the water, and it doesn't seem to try for it again.

When it reaches the end you see it's slimy body seems to sort of ...sliming back into shape, becoming altogether slightly smaller to make up for the mass but still ok, probably due to being a gel based creature.

Your partner simply activates his wings and flies there, before growing concerned and flying back.

Looks like you're the only issue then.

sciencepanda
2010-10-10, 11:39 AM
"Well, this is a problem..."

Lucien begins looking through the debris.

"Hmm. Do you think there is enough material here to make into a raft?"

Jayngfet
2010-10-10, 03:04 PM
Lucien looks around. There's plenty of buoyant material. There is however nothing to bind it all together, which sort of kills the idea of a raft being anything more than a bunch of floating amorphous crap.