PDA

View Full Version : PunPun v. PunPun what would happen

ExtravagantEvil
2010-09-16, 08:47 PM
As you can see from the title, this will become incredibly silly.

A friend and I were discussing character builds and drifted around to PunPun, and someow got to the idea of "What if there were 2 PunPun's fighting each other?" (Note: Paraphrased). I want to see what might happen in a PunPun v. PunPun match. My theory is that the multiverse would be torn asunder through this infinite hit die/damage/fast healing battle.

Jack_Simth
2010-09-16, 08:49 PM
PunPun would win, of course.

dgnslyr
2010-09-16, 08:49 PM
The response I heard somewhere was that Pun-Pun A and Pun-Pun B would target each other with Destroy Pun-Pun, and use Protection from Destroy Pun-Pun, until the multiverse is torn asunder from the amount of raw power. That, or they both get hit by a DMG.

World Eater
2010-09-16, 08:52 PM
They both agree through their infinite intellect and wisdom that fighting each other is pointless.

Andraste
2010-09-16, 08:54 PM
Whichever one started first.

FMArthur
2010-09-16, 08:54 PM
Whoever ascends first wins. Since there can be no simultaneous events in D&D, this is the clear divider.

Tyndmyr
2010-09-16, 08:55 PM
The battle would last exactly one round. It would, however, have a near infinite number of free actions abilities, until one came up with something the other one simply hadn't thought of yet. Given that both are ridiculously intelligent, it's safe to say that whatever tactic is finally successful, we probably can't even imagine it.

This is assuming that time travel does not yet exist. In that instance, both immediately attempt to jump into the past to kill the other pre-ascension, as this is far, far easier. Due to their ease at locating and destroying mundane creatures, I believe this would result in a simul-kill.

Zhalath
2010-09-16, 09:04 PM
Staring contest. Neither one can do anything without the other countering with equal force. They just sit there, thinking of the ways they'd murder each other, if only the other didn't have god powers.

And then one is snuck by the King of Smack. A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS.

arrowhen
2010-09-16, 09:32 PM
Everything would happen. Everything. They'd attack each other infinite times in a single round and each blow would create a new multiverse.

Hell, how do you think we all got here in the first place?

Forged Fury
2010-09-16, 09:37 PM
I want to see what might happen in a PunPun v. PunPun match.
Given the equivalence, it would probably boil down to each rolling a d20 and whoever rolled higher wins.

The-Mage-King
2010-09-16, 09:38 PM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mghOPE3_XTs), up to about... 1:00.

dgnslyr
2010-09-16, 09:59 PM

This has to be the most epic anime sequence in the history of epicness. If I get hooked on Gurren Lagann, though, I'm holding you accountable.

Tyndmyr
2010-09-16, 10:05 PM
Everything would happen. Everything. They'd attack each other infinite times in a single round and each blow would create a new multiverse.

Hell, how do you think we all got here in the first place?

Well, when a mommy and daddy love each other very much, or pretend to, or are just bored and the cables out, then...

Oh. Wait. Never mind.

kyoryu
2010-09-16, 10:08 PM
Whoever ascends first wins. Since there can be no simultaneous events in D&D, this is the clear divider.

I've got to go with this. We can assume that Pun-Pun Prime (the first to ascend) immediately takes infinite actions to determine all threats, and prevent them before they occur.

The second Pun-Pun never ascends. In all likelihood, he gets Sarah Connored.

Mando Knight
2010-09-16, 10:15 PM
This has to be the most epic anime sequence in the history of epicness. If I get hooked on Gurren Lagann, though, I'm holding you accountable.

Beautiful women, and drills... it sure is quite appealing for guys... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emq0Xf6zVDw)

Hat-Trick
2010-09-16, 10:22 PM
In mechanics terms I agree with Forged Fury, winner in a roll off wins. Fluff-wise, The-Mage-King has it down. There is no other way for it to happen, TTGL style ultimate creation/destruction/recreation mayhem.

tonberrian
2010-09-16, 10:26 PM
I've got to go with this. We can assume that Pun-Pun Prime (the first to ascend) immediately takes infinite actions to determine all threats, and prevent them before they occur.

The second Pun-Pun never ascends. In all likelihood, he gets Sarah Connored.

The Omnifiscer: "Come with me if you want to live."

herrhauptmann
2010-09-16, 11:13 PM

So the good guys fight with a drill equiped robot.
However that robot is made of other robots, in the style of voltron and power rangers. And each of those robots is also a drill equipped robot. And when they're down to their last drill equipped robot in attacking the bad guy, they rip off the head of the good guy's robot, and that ALSO a drill equipped robot?!?!?!

mootoall
2010-09-16, 11:19 PM
In interesting game. The only solution is not to play.

Sorry about the mangled quote.

WinWin
2010-09-16, 11:23 PM
Their psionic Fusion clone would take them both out.

BobVosh
2010-09-17, 12:05 AM
In interesting game. The only solution is not to play.

Sorry about the mangled quote.

Ach, it hurts.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

First to arise wins, or the first to skip the rising process to kill the kobold next to him, then rise.

Stompy
2010-09-17, 12:14 AM
My theory is that the multiverse would be torn asunder through this infinite hit die/damage/fast healing battle.

If we go with this theory then there is a good chance that both Pun-Puns will lose, on simple fact that they pissed off the Lady of Pain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_of_Pain) (by tearing Sigil apart).

Jjeinn-tae
2010-09-17, 12:21 AM
If we go with this theory then there is a good chance that both Pun-Puns will lose, on simple fact that they pissed off the Lady of Pain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_of_Pain) (by tearing Sigil apart).

But the Lady of Pain is Pun-Pun. Think about it, both are completely all powerful, able to essentially unthink anything they feel like.

Stompy
2010-09-17, 12:30 AM
But the Lady of Pain is Pun-Pun. Think about it, both are completely all powerful, able to essentially unthink anything they feel like.

In (my) theory, the are three major differences.

Pun-Pun is a monster based off of rules and rules abuses, while the Lady of Pain (I believe) is unstatted, and is a monster based off of fluff, straightforward wording, and horror stories.
Pun-Pun can go anywhere (except perhaps Sigil), whereas in several interpretations, the Lady of Pain is basically "caged" in Sigil.
Worship Pun-Pun and you might live. Worship the Lady of Pain and well... bad things happen....

EDIT: If it ever came down to a fight between Pun-Pun vs. the Lady of Pain, I'd have to give it to the Lady of Pain due to Occam's Razor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor).

chiasaur11
2010-09-17, 01:03 AM
They both agree to a gentlemanly game of Ludo.

No tactics. No intelligence. Just raw luck.

It ends when they both agree Ludo sucks and grab a beer.

Neutral good gods have the most boring conflict resolution systems known to man.

Reis Tahlen
2010-09-17, 02:53 AM
So the good guys fight with a drill equiped robot.
However that robot is made of other robots, in the style of voltron and power rangers. And each of those robots is also a drill equipped robot. And when they're down to their last drill equipped robot in attacking the bad guy, they rip off the head of the good guy's robot, and that ALSO a drill equipped robot?!?!?!

And what is, once again, absolute genius from the japanese animation, they succeeded to make it EPIC!

Hell, I bet they would make a manga about bowling wich would be awesomely epic.

korifugi
2010-09-17, 02:56 AM
My first thought there was of a DragonBall style fight, mainly consisting of them both standing there 'charging up' (Obviously complete with "WOooooooaaaahhhhh" noises), after which they trade a few blows and choose to become friends and team up (Fuuuupun Ha!) against the new antagonist "Darkdragonpun".

Heliomance
2010-09-17, 05:37 AM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S363ixv9oZk) would happen.

Eldariel
2010-09-17, 07:21 AM
I'd wager nothing much; they're evenly matched and neither can kill either. Both can cancel out all protections and attacks each does and given they can generate infinite stats at whim, meaning there's literally nothing they haven't thought of.

So assuming both ascend at exactly the same time, and then for whatever reason decide to take on each other, they may lash out at each other infinitely or try a bit and decide to call it quits. Either way, neither is dying and the results to the time-space are what they would be with only one Pun-Pun; his whim. If both of them decide there should be collateral damage, places will burn but if they don't feel like it, nobody at all is affected.

*shrug* Comparing infinites of the same size is pretty pointless.

Radar
2010-09-17, 07:37 AM
AFAIK a similar scenario was pondered some time ago (How to kill Pun Pun). Since Pun Pun took Far Realms as his home plane (thanks to some additional shenanigans), which gave him the ability to pop into Material Plane at random points in time (Far Realms are weird), the whole conflict escalated into a brutal Time War with about 50% for every side. It was certainly beyond epic. :smallcool:

The Glyphstone
2010-09-17, 07:40 AM
And what is, once again, absolute genius from the japanese animation, they succeeded to make it EPIC!

Hell, I bet they would make a manga about bowling wich would be awesomely epic.

Bowling King. (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=52) It's Taiwanese, not Japanese...but it's still a bowling manga. Never read it though.

Adamaro
2010-09-17, 07:53 AM
Let's also drop Lady of Pain, batman wizard and core monk into this thread. This should make things ... interesting.

The-Mage-King
2010-09-17, 08:36 AM

And I gladly take the credit for introducing another lost soul to the series.

Just remember: that was the second movie- the anime, sadly, doesn't have that fight.

Stompy
2010-09-17, 09:02 AM
Let's also drop Lady of Pain, batman wizard and core monk into this thread. This should make things ... interesting.

...and Chuck Norris, The Old Spice Guy, and Lady Gaga.

Morph Bark
2010-09-17, 10:32 AM
1. Every Kobold becomes Pun-Pun.

2. Kobolds of various alignments start fighting.

3. Multiverse torn asunder.

4. New universe created through a Big Bang powered by the infinite residual energy of all Pun-Puns combined.

5. Repeat 1-4 until there is no more possibility for Pun-Pun's existence.

The Glyphstone
2010-09-17, 12:24 PM
...and Chuck Norris, The Old Spice Guy, and Lady Gaga.

Mr. Rogers (in a bloodstained sweater) would defeat them all in the end.

Reis Tahlen
2010-09-17, 01:53 PM
Bowling King. (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=52) It's Taiwanese, not Japanese...but it's still a bowling manga. Never read it though.

I love you so much...

chiasaur11
2010-09-17, 02:41 PM
Mr. Rogers (in a bloodstained sweater) would defeat them all in the end.

Of course, being Mr. Rodgers, they'd all have a fair chance to surrender.

Not his fault if they don't want to be good neighbors.