PDA

View Full Version : Malwarebytes question.

Inhuman Bot
2010-09-16, 10:39 PM
Malwarebytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php) was recommended to me, and I got it, without really looking into it.

So, I used it, it removed a trojan, and frankly, my computer flipped out, and restarted.

So.. Yeah, did I get taken in? :smalltongue:

Kallisti
2010-09-16, 10:53 PM
I use it, and it seems to work perfectly for me.

pendell
2010-09-17, 08:59 AM
Malwarebytes is my anti-spyware program of choice. I've never had a problem with it.

Suggest rebooting your computer into 'Safe' Mode (Reboot, then start pressing 'F8'. Run the scan in safe mode. That may get rid of any lingering problems.

Another possibility is that there's something not malware-related about your computer that makes MalwareBytes hiccup. You might try running a registry cleaner after the malware scanner.

If worse comes to worse, I've heard good things about Spybot, although I don't use it.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Erloas
2010-09-17, 09:29 AM
Although "flipping out" might be a highly technical term in some cases... it means nothing at all for computers. If you can say anything at all about what happened it might be a lot easier to help figure out what the problem is. Restarting, depending on the situation, really doesn't mean much either. Many virus removals require a restart because the virus makes itself so it can't be removed while its running so the program has to restart the computer to remove it before the virus gets a chance to start.

The short answer to the question you actually asked is that Malwarebytes is a completely legitimate piece of software and does a pretty good job.