PDA

View Full Version : [3.5/ PF] Sonic based bards?

Stone Heart
2010-09-17, 03:23 AM
I've been looking for something that will make a bard better, and was wondering if anyone had any sorts of homebrew (or alternate class I am unaware of) for either PF or 3.5 for a Bard who can attack using his perform skill. I've seen a few failed attempts at such things (one of them was a base class that basically allowed 1d2 damage a round, and another could kill everything with a strum)

So any good combat capable bards in this vein? If not I'll just get to work on making my own.

Starbuck_II
2010-09-17, 05:20 AM
There are Prc Bard classes that can do that, but I've not seen a base like that.

Sublime Chord as a base class with Bard casting (instead of Wizard) basically?

Eldariel
2010-09-17, 07:16 AM
Lyric Thaumaturge [CMage] gains an ability to use Songs to add Sonic damage to spells. Seeker of the Song [CArc] mostly attacks with songs and Virtuoso [CArc] has some such abilities too. Most of them suck tho. Still, they're all Bard-based PrCs so they should sorta work.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-09-17, 07:26 AM
The Stormsinger prestige class in Frostburn gets quite a few perform-based damaging abilities, though mostly electricity damage.

Kobold-Bard
2010-09-17, 11:26 AM
Refluff dragonfire inspiration (?) as sonic?

Tyger
2010-09-17, 01:46 PM
Refluff dragonfire inspiration (?) as sonic?

Don't even need to refluff, there are feats (Draconic Heritage and its ilk from Dragon Magic) and a ritual (Rite of Draconic Affinity, Races of the Dragon) that allow just this mechanic.

There's also the Crystal Echoblade from MiC that does half bard level in sonic damage on a hit, a number of sonic themed spells from SpC, etc, etc.