PDA

View Full Version : House Rules (Peach)

Kilmrak
2010-09-17, 01:26 PM
I was think of some house rules to help balance things out and bring more options to the table(and hopefully more fun) I would really appreciate the playgrounds opinions and suggestions.

(Sorry about the length)

All Characters:
• All core and all Pathfinder combat feats accepted
• Anything else will require my approval first
• Stats are rolled 4d6 drop lowest(no stats under 8)
• No multi-classing XP penalties
• Every time you gain a new attack( BAB = +6,+11,+16) gain extra +5ft free move action
• Half bonus from Armor and Shield is applied to Touch AC
• Cold iron Armor and Shields apply full bonus to Touch AC
• Characters die when they reach their con score in the negatives
• As long as it is similar to a weapon a character is proficient in improvised weapons do not bestow any penalties
• Drawing a weapon is a free action, sheathing a weapon is a swift action
• On successful reflex save a character with a tower shield may hide behind said shield for total concealment
• You can Shield Bash with a Tower Shield
• Use Pathfinder skill list and rules

Combat Options:
• Power Attack is a special action(like Bull Rush or Charge)
• Combat Expertise is a special action(like Bull Rush or Charge)
• Bull Rush requires that you win the str check by 2 points to move the defender
• Disarm does not grant penalties for weapon size but still grants bonuses
• Tumbling to avoid a AoO is a DC 10+ enemy BAB+ relevant modifier

Casters:
• No Natural Spell
• No meta-magic reducers
• Casting Defensively must beat a DC = 10 + spell lvl + ATK Bonus
• Spells with durations longer than 1 round require a new save every round
• Spells that allow you to fly, when dispelled or used up, will drop you. No slow fall.
• Spells that don’t require a save now require a save for half
• All spells that result in death from a failed save only reduce the PC to half their Con. score in negative HP

Modified Feats:
• Two Weapon Fighting includes all improvements
• Two Weapon Defense includes all improvements
• Blind Fight grants blind-sense at +6 BAB and blind-sight at +11 BAB
• Endurance gains Diehard the next time you gain access to a new feat
• Feats like Alertness make the named skills class skills and grant a +2/5 BAB
• Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes and Great Fortitude make the respective saves “Good”
• Weapon Finesse also grants dex bonus to dmg at +4 BAB
• Dodge grants +1 dodge bonus +1/5 BAB
• Point Blank Shot grants +1atk and dmg +1/5 BAB
• Weapon Focus grants +1 ATK and +1 at every 4 lvls after
• Weapon Specialization +2 dmg at 4th and every 4 lvls thereafter
• Improved Bullrush grants +4 bonus +1/4 BAB
• Improved Disarm grants +4 bonus +1/4 BAB, can choose to throw weapon wherever he likes with a successful atk roll
• Improved Feint Allows you to feint as a swift action
• Improved Grapple grants +4 bonus +1/4 BAB(Improved Unarmed Strike not a pre-req)
• Improved Overrun grants +4 bonus +1/4 BAB
• Improved Sunder grants +4 bonus +1/4 BAB, on a successful break the extra dmg carries over to the victim(Armor being worn can also be targeted)
• Improved Trip grants +4 bonus +1/4 BAB,
• Rapid Shot improves to include Manyshot at +6 BAB and Imp. Manyshot at +11 BAB
• Precise Shot improves to include Improved Precise Shot at +6 BAB and to Pinpoint Shot at +11 BAB
• Step Up allows you to follow a foe up to your bonus movement (10ft at 6th,15ft at 11th)
•

New Feats:
• Sniper Training (BAB+1, Point Blank Shot) dex mod. To dmg on bow atk
• Sniper (+3 BAB, PBS, Sniper Training) +1d6 dmg/3 BAB full round act, +6 BAB gain bonus as std. act., +16 BAB gain bonus as free action
• Improved Grab (Imp. Grapple, BAB +6) Like the ability
• Greater Sunder (Power Attack, Imp. Sunder)Ignore Hardness when you attempt to sunder an object
• Intuitive Attack (+1 BAB) also grants wis bonus to dmg at +4 BAB
• Calculating Strike (+1 BAB) also grants int bonus to dmg at +4 BAB
• Bleeding() piercing weapons deal 1 extra point of dmg/rnd, multiple attacks stack
• Foehammer make a single attack with 2-handed weapon against an enemy and ignore its DR
• Hindrance(+6BAB)with slashing weapons you can put penalties on an enemy you land a hit on(DC 10+weapon dmg+1/atk) Leg: -5ft speed, Arm: -1 atk/dmg

Shpadoinkle
2010-09-17, 03:26 PM
Casters:
• All spells that result in death from a failed save only reduce the PC to half their Con. score in negative HP

Uh... WTF.

So... the sickly twig of a child who can't walk fifty feet at full speed without getting winded (i.e a 3 con character) only gets reduced to -1 or -2 HP, but the hulking warrior who's trained and exercised every day of his life and can run for a week eithout tiring (i.e. a character with 18 CON) gets taken down to -9? Why? Is that really what you meant?

Edit: Oh, I overlooked the "characters die when thier HP = thier Con in the negatives." Still, it seems kind of odd.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-09-17, 03:32 PM
Uh... WTF.

So... the sickly twig of a child who can't walk fifty feet at full speed without getting winded (i.e a 3 con character) only gets reduced to -1 or -2 HP, but the hulking warrior who's trained and exercised every day of his life and can run for a week eithout tiring (i.e. a character with 18 CON) gets taken down to -9? Why? Is that really what you meant?

But that child will die at -3 HP, while the hulking warrior will die at -18 HP, meaning he can still take 8 more damage than the kid can, even while knocked down to -9 HP.

Of course, you'd need a clause that does something like add half your Constitution score to all healing you receive when below 0 hit points (only for the purposes of bringing you to 0 hit points or lower, applied before normal healing). That way, a cure light wounds can bring both the warrior and the child back to functionality: if each are at negative 1/2 Con (-2 HP and -9 HP, respectively) and each is healed for 6 points of HP, the child will be at 6 hit points (-2 + 2 from Con + 6 from healing), while the warrior will also be at 6 hit points (-9 + 9 from Con + 6 from healing).

If the warrior is at -7 hit points and is healed for 6, he'll still end up at 6 hp (-7 HP + 9 from Con [only to a maximum of 0] = 0, +6 from healing = 6HP).

akma
2010-09-17, 03:47 PM
• No multi-classing XP penalties
• Spells that don’t require a save now require a save for half

A. I agree, I also don`t like the multi classing penalties. Seem pointless.
B. Yes, it`s more fair that way against creatures with no SR.
C. I went even further and decided that beside the death domain special ability, there would be no spells or effects that would cause instant death. I wouldn`t give it to enemies, so it`s only fair I won`t give it to players.
Also decided that there wouldn`t be that spell that leave a target with only 1d4 hit points.

Kilmrak
2010-09-19, 02:20 PM
shameless bump in hopes of getting at least a few more replies

Spiryt
2010-09-19, 02:27 PM
Many of those seem neat, probably will think about using them if I'll play D&D any time soon. :smalltongue:

As fat as feats go, you should, given that TWF tree or Rapid shot stuff are merged into one feat, state what Rangers, for example gain instead of them at 6th and 11th levels.

Generally, feats need better, longer description, as such shortened one is pretty confusing.

Kilmrak
2010-09-19, 02:43 PM
yea the ranger's feats gained as a class feature has given me trouble but the descriptions being so short is for my sake at first, to get the general Idea across then I will reword them to be easier understood by my players