PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Aptitude as class feature?

Curmudgeon
2010-09-17, 04:25 PM
Tome of Battle introduced the aptitude weapon enhancement, which allows applying feats specific to one weapon type to the aptitude weapon. The same book also includes the Warblade base class and Bloodstorm Blade prestige class, which have Weapon Aptitude as a class feature. Essentially you can redirect weapon feats specific to one weapon type to any particular weapon you meditate and train with for an hour.

Are there any other classes which have a feature like this? It doesn't have to have the same name, but it's got to work in an Antimagic Field (so (Ex) or untyped is OK; (Su) or (Sp) isn't going to cut it).

Greenish
2010-09-17, 04:42 PM
Well, there are some feats (such as Valenar Bladebearer) that allow you to apply same feats to a certain group of weapons, but I can't think of any (other) class features that would work like that.

Curmudgeon
2010-09-17, 07:31 PM
I guess it wouldn't hurt to explain what I'm trying to accomplish here. The idea is a ranged sneak attacker who uses Antimagic Field to avoid most magical attacks, allowing him to basically ignore his Will save. But I want to be able to get 60' sneak attack, and Crossbow Sniper is pretty much the only non-spell option for that. Thus Weapon Aptitude to switch that to a better weapon choice. I'm not too thrilled by the 1 hour of daily meditation requirement, though, and ideally I'd like to pick this up from a class that advances sneak attack.

Master_Rahl22
2010-09-17, 09:57 PM
You're stuck with the weapon enchantment or a level of Warblade as far as I know. I'm pretty sure the hour of meditation is only for changing it, and then you're good to go once you've swapped your feats to a different weapon until you want to swap them again.

urbanpirate
2010-09-17, 10:32 PM
You're stuck with the weapon enchantment or a level of Warblade as far as I know. I'm pretty sure the hour of meditation is only for changing it, and then you're good to go once you've swapped your feats to a different weapon until you want to swap them again.

I read it as an hour to change as well. It seems like it would stay on whatever weapon was selected the last time.