PDA

View Full Version : Dead Winter

Astrella
2010-09-17, 05:59 PM
Dead Winter is an action-filled modern fantasy/sci-fi horror story about a post-apocalypse living-dead zombie infested present-day world.

Starts here (http://deadwinter.cc/page/001.htm), current comic (http://deadwinter.cc/index.htm).

So, is anyone reading this excellent comic?

(Also, looking back the art has improved a lot over the comics.)

Dr.Epic
2010-09-17, 06:09 PM
It's so soft and uplifting. And the language is so clear.:smalltongue:

Thalraxal
2010-09-17, 11:33 PM
Awesome comic! I love the author's use of colour (greyscale with red for the main story, black and white for the side stories and full-colour for dreams), and it's got one of the best archive pages I've seen. My only complaint about the comic is that the plot moves very slowly. This makes it a great read while going through the archive, but occasionally frustrating when you're all caught up and reading single pages.

BRC
2010-09-17, 11:59 PM
This is one of my favorite webcomics. Unfortunetally, the artists shoddy update schedual, combined with the incredable quality means I find myself checking to see if it's updated several times a day.

Also, I can't wait to see what test Liz comes up with.

Robberbaron
2010-09-22, 11:04 AM
It's fairly entertaining and well drawn, I check it once every two weeks or so due to the semi erratic update schedule.

BRC
2010-09-24, 12:01 AM
Poor Clark.

Of course, he has a Shotgun now, and he can probably get another pistol. However, neither of those will mitigate the fact that he got his ass kicked by the injured, mop-wielding pacifist twice in one day.

I'm starting to get attached to the Omnimart crowd. I hope they live.

averagejoe
2010-09-24, 12:20 AM
This is one of my more favorite webcomics, and possibly my favorite piece of zombie fiction. I love that it has a sense of humor about what it does, while at the same time managing to be tense and dramatic. It was great when Monday's glasses got stepped on and he pulled an identical pair out of his jacket.

RandomNPC
2010-09-28, 06:01 PM
good times.

I figure the Omni-mart crowd will either half survive and join the main group, or they will remain mostly intact, and stay there when the main group leaves.

And the color scheme, even if it was originally to save time coloring, it's great.

BRC
2010-09-29, 07:21 PM
Wait what?
From the looks of that arm in the last panel, plus the background of the first panel, she got grabbed by Amy and Mel, the two nicest Omnimarters we've seen so far. Has the omnimart crowd just been playing the long game here? Waiting until they put their guard down so they could be picked off one by one?

Glass Mouse
2010-09-30, 03:57 PM
Woah! This comic is awesome! Thanks a bunch for introducing me :smallsmile:

@BRC: Maybe Jill was zombified and is going for Liz? I really hope this is not the case, though.

BRC
2010-09-30, 03:58 PM
Woah! This comic is awesome! Thanks a bunch for introducing me :smallsmile:

@BRC: Maybe Jill was zombified and is going for Liz? I really hope this is not the case, though.

Nah, there are four arms, and one of them is clearly Amy's (The Tattoo)

BRC
2010-10-04, 09:37 AM
Hey, Update!

Oh, so they just wanted to give her a haircut. They still should have known better than to try to ambush her with it.Though cheerful, Liz is STILL a survivor, which means she's got some serious instincts concerning people grabbing her from behind.

Komiyan
2010-10-04, 09:59 AM
Dead Winter is awesome and the artist works like a mad thing on it. It shows!