PDA

View Full Version : Picking feats

Black_Zawisza
2010-09-17, 07:42 PM
I'm a greatsword wielding Warblade focusing on power attack, tripping, and bullrushing.

(___) indicates feats taken to compensate for Flaws

Level 1: Power Attack
Level 3: Improved Bull Rush (Combat Expertise)
Level 4: (Improved Trip)
Level 5: Combat Reflexes
Level 6: Shock Trooper
Level 9: Leap Attack (DM houseruled that I get x4 (THF) power attack damage rather than x3 as usual)
Level 9: Combat Brute
Level 12: Improved Initiative
Level 13: Knockdown
Level 15: Cleave
Level 17: Great Cleave
Level 18: ?

If you think that I should add, subtract, or change the order of any of these, please post! Thanks!

Hirax
2010-09-17, 07:57 PM
From Races of Stone, knockback and rampaging bullrush can be useful if you can swing the pre reqs.

AslanCross
2010-09-17, 07:58 PM
Don't you need Improved Sunder to get Combat Brute?

Cleave and Great Cleave are very superfluous at high levels, because your party members will have more efficient ways of dealing with masses of low-HP mooks at that level anyway.

Take Ironheart, then Stormguard Warrior (I assume you're focusing on Stone Dragon and Iron Heart). It's a great way to add even more damage to your output. Since you also have Combat Reflexes, you get more AOOs to "hold back" for Stormguard Warrior.

Tyndmyr
2010-09-17, 08:23 PM
Well, EWP: Spiked chain and/or Stand Still would be the only things I'd consider. You've got a solid melee set of feats there, tho.

Oh yeah, and dump great cleave. Regular cleave may not be bad(in case a mook stands next to a boss), but it's really not necessary to invest more in it.