PDA

View Full Version : Monkey Island 1/2 SE Mega Specials (50% off on PC, 99 cents each on iPhone)

Rawhide
2010-09-17, 08:04 PM
Have I mentioned that The Secret of Monkey Island was one of the best games around, and that Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge was one of the very rare examples of a sequel that was better than the original? Have I mentioned yet that Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge is widely regarded as the best adventure game ever made? Have I instructed everyone to BUY THIS GAME NOW emphatically enough yet?

Well, with these prices, now you have no excuse.

The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition and Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge are now both $4.99 each on Steam and Direct2Drive, $7.49 to get both.

The iPhone/iPod Touch version of Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge is currently still on special at $0.99 USD/$1.19 AUD and, in addition, The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition is also available at $0.99 USD/$1.19 AUD.

Go. Buy. Then share how awesome these games are.

Domochevsky
2010-09-17, 08:09 PM
Eh, i found MI2 to be the mediocre middle part, inbetween the good games. Never really warmed up for it. >_>

Rawhide
2010-09-17, 08:19 PM
Eh, i found MI2 to be the mediocre middle part, inbetween the good games. Never really warmed up for it. >_>

Then your opinion, while valid, is different to every review and recommendation I've ever read/heard, and indeed, my own opinion. Obviously, you can't invalidate an opinion, at best you can hope to change or understand it (you're welcome to explain what you didn't like about it or listen to my suggestions to give it another try in HD :smallwink:).

In the iPhone specific thread, someone asked what the new features were. For Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge, these are:
High-definition graphics: The all-new re-imagined contemporary art style is hand-drawn and presented in high definition.
Voice over: Complete voice over using original Monkey Island franchise cast members brings the story and characters to life like never before, now available for both the Special Edition and Classic modes.
Renewed music score: Play to the re-mastered and re-recorded musical score using live instruments.
Special Edition and Classic modes: Scene-for-scene hot swap lets you seamlessly transition between Special Edition and Classic modes at any time during gameplay.
Enhanced gameplay: All new intuitive game interface and controls provide a more interactive gameplay experience.
Need a hint? The in-game puzzle hint system keeps the puzzles fresh and fun.
Direct control: Choose how you play! Use the classic point-and-click interface or the all new intuitive direct character control for a more interactive gameplay experience.
Object highlighting: Interactive object highlighting provides quicker clues to finding hidden objects.
Behind-the-scenes art: An in-game art viewer lets you view fantastic never-before-seen artwork from both the Classic and Special Edition versions of the game.
Original developer commentary: Listen to select scene commentary from Ron Gilbert, Tim Schafer and Dave Grossman as they share funny stories and chronicle the development of the original Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge.

Mando Knight
2010-09-17, 09:20 PM
Go. Buy. Then share how awesome these games are.

Remember: if an Admin posts a thread that sounds like a spam title, then he just really wants you to know how awesome the thing is.

...but I'm still busy playing DQIX...:smallsigh:

Rawhide
2010-09-17, 10:19 PM
Remember: if an Admin posts a thread that sounds like a spam title, then he just really wants you to know how awesome the thing is.

...but I'm still busy playing DQIX...:smallsigh:

There are only a select few games I would do this for. Yes, MI2 is that awesome.

Trazoi
2010-09-18, 12:43 AM
Monkey Island 2 is one of my all time favourite adventure games. When Rawhide posted the other thread, I picked it up for the iPod Touch. For a buck it's a great deal.

I've only tinkered around with it for a bit so far, but it surprisingly doesn't lose much as a tiny handheld. It's harder to select objects but not so much so that it is too much of an issue. And the updates and voice acting is a great addition.

The only major downside I've seen so far is they cut the cool monkey dancing intro. :smallfrown:

Ranielle
2010-09-18, 05:08 AM
I was a wee bonnie lass when I first played MI2, it was one of the most awesome things ever, though I didn't understand half of it, being little. Most of my progress came from unrelenting brute force tactics.

I'm going to give it a try now, then.