PDA

View Full Version : My Neighbor's Dog is Obnoxious!

Tequila Sunrise
2010-09-17, 08:21 PM
{Scrubbed}

Dr.Epic
2010-09-17, 08:31 PM
I wouldn't think it did anything good. Not to mention you may get into a lot of trouble feeding your neighbor's dog something like that. Have you talked to your neighbor at all about this? If it continues, you could get your other neighbors to file a complaint with you.

onthetown
2010-09-17, 08:32 PM
After a run-in with my friends tricking me into taking X-lax, I can only assume it stops the dog from barking because the dog becomes terrified of you and/or hates you so much that its seething hatred cannot be vocally expressed.

hobbitkniver
2010-09-17, 09:09 PM
I would not recomend feeding anything like that to someone else's dog. Have you talked to the owner because it seems like a bad idea to mess with your neighbors pets. I'm no law expert, but I think purposely harming someone else's dog is like damaging their property. Plus it's a living creature.

Zen Monkey
2010-09-17, 09:13 PM
You could get a dog whistle. When the dog barks, you can respond with a sound it doesn't like. Eventually, it may learn the causal relationship and stop barking at you. Don't do it all the time or to be cruel, but it may help to train the dog to be quieter without causing any real harm.

mucat
2010-09-17, 11:27 PM
Intentionally drugging someone else's dog is despicable. Intentionally drugging someone else's dog after talking about it on the internet is despicable and stupid.

Haruki-kun
2010-09-17, 11:32 PM
I've seen automatic dog whistles. You hang them on a tree and they detect barking and go off. Bit on the expensive side, though.

Then again, I wish I had one. Our neighbor has an obnoxious dog, too.

Lycan 01
2010-09-17, 11:36 PM
Well, it may stop the dog from barking because it will be dead. Animals respond a lot differently to human medication, and then you've got to worry about dosing and the dogs size and stuff. So, even if you were a terrible enough person to drug the dog just to make it stop barking, you run a chance of... y'know... causing it permanent damage or death.

Did I mention its a terrible thing to do? :smallconfused:

averagejoe
2010-09-18, 12:02 AM
The Mod They Call Me: Poisoning someone's dog is illegal, and discussion of this is reprehensible and absolutely against forum rules. Thread locked.