PDA

View Full Version : [BitP:R] Soul Society 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Frozen_Feet
2010-09-18, 10:55 AM
This is a thread in the Bleach in the Playground Reborn universe; a freeform game with a more concrete, planned plot.

The current discussion thread is here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168619)

Yet another night in the Seireitei...

The moon hangs lazily in the sky, shining its sleepy silver down upon the buildings below; the atmosphere, while certainly not as laid-back as the gleaming orb above, is relaxed. Another day of "war" has gone by. A war with no battles... not in years. Nonetheless, the lingering whispers of public enemy number one on top of the stalemate with Las Noches have given reason for the Shinigami of the Gotei 13 to keep their blades sharpened.

Yes, the citizens of the Rukon have it easy. Despite the lack of immediate threat, the daily monotony is upheld. Unseated train, to keep their skills in check. Seated do various running for their Captains to upkeep their division. The Lieutenants oversee the division much like glorified foremen...

And, tonight, the Captains are having fun in the form a small poker tournament, while elsewhere their Lieutenants are spending their time drinking and making fun of each other.

...Things were looking to be just as bland as usual.

Kayne650
2010-09-19, 12:14 AM
Feiyan shrugged. Dunno. All in favour of commencing a manhunt? She put her fingers into the evil finger pyramid of contemplation, waiting for Kenichi to show himself.

"Aye aye, Feiyan-neechan!" Daisuke said in agreement, falling into a mock salute. "I'll get to looking right now!"

"KENICHI-SAAAAAAAAN!!!" Daisuke cried out, dashing around in search of the 3rd seat.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-19, 12:33 AM
[A bar]

Sayuri blinks, then shakes her head at the antics of her colleagues. Not long after, an exasperated bouncer appears to demand an explanation for what's going on. "I'm apologize for my friends' manners. Please, send the bill for the damaged wall to 1st division, to Yamamoto Sayuri - I'll take care of it, Mister", Sayuri tells to him and bows. "If we're causing too much of a disturbance, we can of course leave to some other place..."

Sigint simply looks on, looking for the reactions of the others to determine what to do.

Steilos
2010-09-19, 06:48 AM
Hideyaki looks at his two erstwhile companions, and begins to protest. "It looks like he's not here. Maybe we should just... I'm outvoted, aren't I?" With that statement of resignation, he purposefully strides off into the buildings, before finding the 3rd seat's office and knocking firmly yet politely on the door. Not the worst place to start.

Moon Wolf
2010-09-19, 10:09 AM
Feiyan just plain waltzes around the building, calling out, Kenichi-kuuuun, where aaare you?

Wahrheit
2010-09-20, 11:16 AM
"You all saw it. That wall? Not my fault. I can tell the difference between a wall and a dartboard, and a zanpakutou and darts."

Kuroimaken
2010-09-21, 06:54 PM
"Oh, my. I was hoping I could at the very least delay the vandalization until everyone had their proper share of alcohol." Soushi jabbed idly with that ever-present smile.

Viera Champion
2010-09-21, 06:56 PM
Oh don't worry about the damages, I'll pay for them. The owner loves me.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-21, 06:59 PM
Sigint just looks at Soushi. "I'm trying to give myself plausible deniability, personally." His voice is still raspy and gravely, like he's been smoking for hundreds of years.

Kuroimaken
2010-09-21, 07:27 PM
"Well, that won't be too hard for you. You were just sitting here. Watching it happen." Soushi jabs.

Funny, for some reason I keep thinking someone is yelling SNAAAAAAAAAAAAKE at the top of his lungs somewhere.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-21, 07:31 PM
Sigint raises his hand and points a finger upward. "That is true." Then, a voice pops up in the back of his head. For some reason, I feel we should be expecting something called a Codec call from someone named Otacon. So do I, Taganjuu. So do I. Also, something about Metal Gear.

Kuroimaken
2010-09-21, 07:58 PM
Metal Gear? Oh wait, that's Snake's Sigint's line.

It was an amusing thought to entertain. How drunk could Soushi get all his fellows until they began providing him with small-scale blackmail material?

Wahrheit
2010-09-21, 10:36 PM
"I don't need plausible deniability, whatever the rumors say. I've got you lot as witnesses. In any case, it's getting taken care of. C'mon, this is a party!"

Kayne650
2010-09-23, 03:03 PM
Hideyaki looks at his two erstwhile companions, and begins to protest. "It looks like he's not here. Maybe we should just... I'm outvoted, aren't I?" With that statement of resignation, he purposefully strides off into the buildings, before finding the 3rd seat's office and knocking firmly yet politely on the door. Not the worst place to start.

Feiyan just plain waltzes around the building, calling out, Kenichi-kuuuun, where aaare you?

Daisuke looked up from his searching, though why he was looking at the ground was anybody's guess. "Feiyan-neechan, wouldn't it make more sense for us to split up? I mean, for one of us to stay here and look for Kenichi-san, and the rest of us to go and look for the other Vice-captains. I'm not sure how long they'll be staying there, and I want to make sure that everyone gets to be there. I can go off to the 10th division, and you can go to the 11th division, Feiyan-neechan, and Hideyaki-san can stay here and look for Kenichi-san! Can we do that? I'm getting bored with looking."

It wasn't hard to tell that Daisuke wanted to get back to the bar as fast as he could; he didn't enjoy being away from the party, even though he did enjoy the company of the other 3rd-seats.

Moon Wolf
2010-09-23, 03:16 PM
Okay! See ya later! Feiyan waved and then sped off towards the 11th Division.

Steilos
2010-09-23, 03:20 PM
Hideyaki didn't regret things often, finding it to be a waste of time that could be corrected merely by looking forward in life. But he was regretting going with Feiyan and Daisuke right now. "...Very well. Go on ahead."

The 3rd Seat continued to pace around the building, looking for Kenichi wherever he could.

Kayne650
2010-09-23, 05:00 PM
Okay! See ya later! Feiyan waved and then sped off towards the 11th Division.

Hideyaki didn't regret things often, finding it to be a waste of time that could be corrected merely by looking forward in life. But he was regretting going with Feiyan and Daisuke right now. "...Very well. Go on ahead."

The 3rd Seat continued to pace around the building, looking for Kenichi wherever he could.

"Excellent!" Daisuke exclaimed as he sped off toward the 10th division. He was very careful not to use any reiatsu, as he only had two tails left, and he would already be exhausted if he released his Shikai now. He needed to find a Kido user, but where?

Frozen_Feet
2010-09-25, 08:58 AM
[Bar]

After dissuading the bouncer from throwing them out, Sayuri orders herself a glass of orange juice and takes her seat next to Sigint. She gives a sharp glance at Soushi. "Nagamichi-san, you seem to be in a rather... merry mood already. Are you sure you should drink any more?"

Kuroimaken
2010-09-25, 09:46 AM
"I believe, and I'm sure the males in this room agree, that a true man is not defined by how much alcohol he can imbibe, but how much fun he can have while he's at it and still be able to remember things afterwards."

Besides, Soushi was not really drunk. He only looked a little on the "happy" side, which tended to be creepy even for him.

Yes, he's cheating by using his Zanpakutou to simulate a drunken blush and filtering the alcohol out of his system. He just wants to make sure he gets the other VCs drunk for some light blackmail material later.

Viera Champion
2010-09-25, 06:38 PM
"I believe, and I'm sure the males in this room agree, that a true man is not defined by how much alcohol he can imbibe, but how much fun he can have while he's at it and still be able to remember things afterwards."

Besides, Soushi was not really drunk. He only looked a little on the "happy" side, which tended to be creepy even for him.

Yes, he's cheating by using his Zanpakutou to simulate a drunken blush and filtering the alcohol out of his system. He just wants to make sure he gets the other VCs drunk for some light blackmail material later.

Kyasarin doesn't get drunk. Sorry.

Kuroimaken
2010-09-25, 06:48 PM
Kyasarin doesn't get drunk. Sorry.

(OOC: Considering the Captains of most divisions, he didn't expect her to.)

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-25, 10:15 PM

Sigint smiles when he notes Sayuri's decision to sit by him, rather pleased. Then, he looks over to Soushi with a grin on his face and holds up his empty sake cup. "And that, is why I drink moderately. That way, I can remember everything that happened." At this point, Soushi (and everybody around Sigint) could swear they saw this weird demonic gleam in the eyes of his gray and white visor mask (I really can't come up with a name >_<).

Yes, Sigint is trying to creep out Soushi, if only slightly. In the back of Sigint's mind, Taganjuu just shakes his head, not bothering to comment. The demonic gleam is then gone, and Sigint looks to whoever is serving the drinks, holding out his empty sake cup. "Another round, if you please."

KnightDisciple
2010-09-25, 10:19 PM
(OOC:I'll give this one more shot. If it still fades out, we can just try it again another time.)

[8th Division, Captain's Party]

It had been several hands of cards since the start of the party; so far, everyone seemed to be generally breaking even. Those guests who drank enough were probably at least a bit buzzed; others might have had only a couple saucers of sake.

Masato idly glanced at his cards before examining his fellow Captains.

"So...anyone had anything interesting happen lately? I'm talking "amusing, causing increased attention and interest, etc", not "oh god oh god we're all going to die" type of interesting."

He spoke with a slight smirk and one eyebrow ever so slightly quirked.

Kayne650
2010-09-25, 10:57 PM
(OOC: At least the Vice-Captains are having fun, right?)

Seiko Yukimura

The Vice-Captain of the 11th division was lounging under a tree by the training grounds, supposedly overseeing a few new recruits as they went through their some of their first exercises. Michiko-taichou had asked him to watch them as they did this to ensure that they didn't hurt themselves, but in Seiko's opinion, the only people who hurt themselves doing these exercises didn't deserve to be in the 11th division anyway.

This kind of day had, unfortunately, been rather typical for the Vice-Captain lately. He hadn't had a good fight in months, and he was afraid that he was getting rusty. The last time that he'd sparred with Michiko-taichou had been over a month ago, since she'd been so distracted lately with whatever it was that had been happening.

"Oi, kids. Careful with those blades, you're gonna hurt yourselves." The warning came just a bit too late for one of the recruits, who had somehow managed to stab himself in the foot with a training sword. Seiko sent him off to the 4th division with two other trainees to support him, and he decided to dismiss the rest.

"GAAH!" Seiko shouted, falling back under the tree. He was going to go crazy if this went on for any longer.

Daisuke Koishima

Daisuke panted heavily as he reached the 10th division barracks, realizing for what must have been the fourth time that he didn't know where the Vice-Captain of this division was. He knew what Isamaru-san looked like, and from what he knew of the man, he wasn't sure if he would even want to go, but he would have felt bad if he didn't even invite the man.

And so, here he was, standing in another squad barracks, without any idea where the Vice-Captain was.

"Isamaru-san!" he called out, hoping the Vice-Captain would hear him.

Kuroimaken
2010-09-25, 10:59 PM
"Sigint-kun! Those are fighting words!"
Soushi replied as Sigint got that demonic gleam in his eye. But the 8th's Vice-Captain hadn't even opened his eyes yet.

"I propose that you're simply too wimpy on holding your liquor!"

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-25, 11:05 PM
"Sigint-kun! Those are fighting words!"
Soushi replied as Sigint got that demonic gleam in his eye. But the 8th's Vice-Captain hadn't even opened his eyes yet.

"I propose that you're simply too wimpy on holding your liquor!"

Sigint just smiles and tilts his head slightly, waving Soushi's reply in a calming gesture. "Please, please, I can hold my liquor just fine. At least I did, back when I was a kid. But please," he waves to Sayuri and Kyasarin, "No fighting while the ladies are present. Wouldn't want them to feel unwelcome." Soushi seems odd. He doesn't open his eyes to see. "Oh, and Taganjuu says hello, Soushi-sama."

Wahrheit
2010-09-26, 04:51 AM
Sigint just smiles and tilts his head slightly, waving Soushi's reply in a calming gesture. "Please, please, I can hold my liquor just fine. At least I did, back when I was a kid. But please," he waves to Sayuri and Kyasarin, "No fighting while the ladies are present. Wouldn't want them to feel unwelcome." Soushi seems odd. He doesn't open his eyes to see. "Oh, and Taganjuu says hello, Soushi-sama."

Can we crush them? Not yet. "And Eternal Vortex greets him in turn." Magatsu's voice was cold and certain, though his words carried a definite undercurrent of... desire? Bloodlust? "I organized this party, so as its oh-so-generous host, any disputes of honor have to go through me first." He grinned, his pale blue eyes glimmering unsettlingly.

Kuroimaken
2010-09-26, 09:30 AM
"Don't be silly, you two! I'm talking about a DRINKING MATCH! Oh, and say hi to both your zanpakutou for me. Mine's a little shy so she ain't saying anything yet."

Viera Champion
2010-09-26, 10:45 AM
Can we crush them? Not yet. "And Eternal Vortex greets him in turn." Magatsu's voice was cold and certain, though his words carried a definite undercurrent of... desire? Bloodlust? "I organized this party, so as its oh-so-generous host, any disputes of honor have to go through me first." He grinned, his pale blue eyes glimmering unsettlingly.

But you wouldn't have done it without me.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-26, 01:26 PM
Sigint shakes his head. "As I still have things to do after this, I'll probably have to pass. It wouldn't be professional of me to perform my duties drunk, after all." He then takes a sip from his newly refilled sake cup.

Kuroimaken
2010-09-26, 01:55 PM
"What does that say about our superior officers then? You think Ude-taichou is gonna remain sober? Seriously?"

Soushi seemed fully intent on teasing his way into a drinking contest.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-26, 02:12 PM
"...I suppose that does put me in a corner, doesn't it?" Whoops. :smallsigh: Sigint holds up his hand in submission. "You win this fight, Soushi-sama. Although, in my defense, I'm not sure whether Ude-taichou has duties afterwards or not."

"You really want a drinking contest, don't you?"

Moon Wolf
2010-09-26, 02:36 PM
(OOC:I'll give this one more shot. If it still fades out, we can just try it again another time.)

[8th Division, Captain's Party]

It had been several hands of cards since the start of the party; so far, everyone seemed to be generally breaking even. Those guests who drank enough were probably at least a bit buzzed; others might have had only a couple saucers of sake.

Masato idly glanced at his cards before examining his fellow Captains.

"So...anyone had anything interesting happen lately? I'm talking "amusing, causing increased attention and interest, etc", not "oh god oh god we're all going to die" type of interesting."

He spoke with a slight smirk and one eyebrow ever so slightly quirked.

Yuuki didn't get to drink too often, so of course, he was most definitely not sober. Weeeell...don't think this counts, but Kiku-chan kinda hijacked my higher-ups. That's about as interestin' as it's gonna get around here.

Kuroimaken
2010-09-26, 03:56 PM
"Well, I don't to bully you into something I know you can't win." Soushi teased some more.

Viera Champion
2010-09-26, 06:39 PM
Kyasarin grins.
You want a drinking contest? I'll beat you any day. I could down more than anyone in Rukongai by the time I was 20!
I said she COULDN'T get drunk. Not that she WASN'T ALLOWED to get drunk.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-26, 06:44 PM
Sigint brushes off Soushi's teasing, sipping on sake as Kyasarin throws down the gauntlet. At that moment, it looks like Sigint just froze as though time stopped. Pray with me, Sigint-sama. Already started. He then finishes his sip and whispers to Sayuri. "Sayuri-sama, would you join me and Taganjuu in prayer for the poor souls who will go against Kyasarin-sama in a drinking contest?"

Viera Champion
2010-09-26, 07:01 PM
Sigint brushes off Soushi's teasing, sipping on sake as Kyasarin throws down the gauntlet. At that moment, it looks like Sigint just froze as though time stopped. Pray with me, Sigint-sama. Already started. He then finishes his sip and whispers to Sayuri. "Sayuri-sama, would you join me and Taganjuu in prayer for the poor souls who will go against Kyasarin-sama in a drinking contest?"

Kyasarin grins at Sigint.
My 3rd Seat knows my abilities well. You should heed his warning.

Kuroimaken
2010-09-26, 07:36 PM
"He's obviously never seen me at work. It's ON."

Viera Champion
2010-09-26, 07:54 PM
Bottoms up.
She chugs the first cup.

Kuroimaken
2010-09-26, 07:59 PM
Soushi raised his own, as if to say, 'Cheers!' and then chugged one, himself.

Frozen_Feet
2010-09-27, 10:02 AM
Sayuri gives Sigint a bemused look. Then she gives a distressed glance at the thin girl downing much greater amounts of alcohol than a person of her bodyweight should. "Sigint-san... is there something I don't know here?", she asks, frowning slightly. "Is it fine to let her drink like that? She has such slim frame..."

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-27, 10:34 AM
Sayuri gives Sigint a bemused look. Then she gives a distressed glance at the thin girl downing much greater amounts of alcohol than a person of her bodyweight should. "Sigint-san... is there something I don't know here?", she asks, frowning slightly. "Is it fine to let her drink like that? She has such slim frame..."

Sigint gives Sayuri a reassuring grin as she asks about Kyasarin. "I've seen her do this sort of thing before, Sayuri-sama. Trust me, she's fine. Soushi-sama, on the other hand..." Sigint just leaves it at that, chuckling and shaking his head.

Kuroimaken
2010-09-27, 12:48 PM
Soushi was by now on his third bottle. The man was a quick drinker, it seemed. He still looked fairly sharp.

"Well then, Kyasarin-san, this is going to be a very dull match if we don't speak at all. The thing is, believe me when I say I'm not good at starting conversations. So tell me something about yourself. Your favorite brand of sake will do."

Viera Champion
2010-09-27, 06:04 PM
She downs some more, flashing a grin at Sayuri.
Actually, I prefer a slightly more untraditional wine over sake.

Kuroimaken
2010-09-27, 06:27 PM
"Really? I never would've guessed. I suppose a drinking girl knows best." Soushi replied after downing another dose. He also mentally filed away under "File: Kyasarin. Likes: untraditional wine."

Wahrheit
2010-09-27, 07:17 PM
Magatsu raised his eyebrows at the sudden mood swing in the situation, waving over the bartender. "Bring me some rice balls, katsuobushi filling. Thanks." He relaxed somewhat, taking a seat next to Sigint to watch the drinking contest. "This should be interesting... I take it your Vice-Captain has a history of drinking?"

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-27, 07:20 PM
Magatsu raised his eyebrows at the sudden mood swing in the situation, waving over the bartender. "Bring me some rice balls, katsuobushi filling. Thanks." He relaxed somewhat, taking a seat next to Sigint to watch the drinking contest. "This should be interesting... I take it your Vice-Captain has a history of drinking?"

Sigint turns to the bartender. "Would you please bring me some as well? Jelly filling in mine, if you please." Sigint then turns to Magatsu and shakes his head. "Not exactly. She just has a rather high tolerance to alcohol when she does drink."

That might be an understatement. :smalltongue:

Viera Champion
2010-09-27, 08:18 PM
Sigint turns to the bartender. "Would you please bring me some as well? Jelly filling in mine, if you please." Sigint then turns to Magatsu and shakes his head. "Not exactly. She just has a rather high tolerance to alcohol when she does drink."

That might be an understatement. :smalltongue:

Quite... She actually has built up a total alcohol resistance, making her incapable of getting drunk. Think of it as having got a vaccination or building an immunity to a poison.

And I just realized... Is she the youngest Vice-Captain?
Hmmm... I sure *chug* haven't had *chug* this much *chug* fun, for *chug* a while. *chug*

Kuroimaken
2010-09-27, 08:55 PM
"I'll see to it that this bar becomes dry before you have the chance to get drunk!" Soushi bellowed defiantly as he kept on chugging.

Viera Champion
2010-09-28, 07:24 PM
"I'll see to it that this bar becomes dry before you have the chance to get drunk!" Soushi bellowed defiantly as he kept on chugging.

She laughs.
I'll empty this bar without getting drunk.

Kuroimaken
2010-09-28, 07:36 PM
"You're a worthy opponent indeed. But all good things must come to an end. Yours." Soushi didn't seem so much as winded for chugging so quickly. Not even a mere hiccup. What kind of a monster was he?!

Viera Champion
2010-09-28, 07:48 PM
Kyasarin is unimpressed. She starts chugging two bottle at a time.

Kuroimaken
2010-09-28, 08:46 PM
Soushi remains chugging one bottle at a time, but the speed with which he does so is fascinating. Whether it'll be enough to keep up with Kyasarin remains to be seen, however.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-09-28, 08:54 PM
Sigint just stares blankly at the proceedings. "This...this will end horribly for all involved."

At this point, his jelly-filled Onigiri are served to him. "Thank you." He takes a bite of one.

Zerkai
2010-09-29, 11:33 AM

A few minutes after the others left Kenichi finally appeared the rooftop to the 9th division's barracks, wearing his modified shinigami costume, the sleeves torn off and bands around his hakama like the stealth force. His face, as always, was hidden by a mask, the 3rd seat jumped down from the room of the barracks, landing on one knee.

"So... what's this talk about a party...?" He asked, his voice coming out from behind his mask with a mild distortion as Kenichi stood up. He was a little taller then Hideyaki, standing six and a half-feet tall, but his build was more muscular.

Steilos
2010-09-29, 11:38 AM
Hideyaki turns around when Kenichi makes his rather over-dramatic entrance. "There is indeed a party of sorts. I believe it was at the local bar. The Captains are having a poker night, so the officers are going for a drink."
A thought strikes Hideyaki, although his face remains impassive. "... Have you been up there this entire time?"

Zerkai
2010-09-29, 12:10 PM
"Yes. I was reading through some fanmail. A drink and a break sounds good though." Kenichi explained, jerking his thumb up at the roof of the barracks, adjusting his zanpakuto, which took the form of a kodachi, on his back with his free hand

Steilos
2010-09-29, 01:11 PM
"...The party is - "

A brief description of location follows.

"That should cover it. If you'll excuse me I have to go find Feiyan. Hopefully I get there before she does any permanent damage... Enjoy your party." With a blur of shunpo he is gone, and Kenichi should be able to spot that he is going to the 11th division HQ... If he wishes to follow.

Wahrheit
2010-10-01, 01:05 AM
"So, I'm just hoping they don't level the place. It'd be unfortunate if I couldn't come here any more." Magatsu accepted his rice balls with thanks and took a bite, watching the drinking contest bemusedly. "If I knew Kyasarin-san could be this much fun, I'd have hosted a party months ago."

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-01, 01:28 AM
Sigint leans in to whisper in Magatsu's ear. "You're forgetting one very important detail. Someone has to pay for all that." With that, he tries to think of some kind of fund he can dip into for the inevitable ungodly large bill, while quietly nibbling his onigiri.

Moon Wolf
2010-10-01, 06:23 PM
((Assuming I've got the go-ahead for the timeskip))

Yuuki

The poker night over, and his pocket fuller, Yuuki stumbled back to the 2nd, well, not really. He sort of just ambled around aimlessly. Way-way too many drinks...heh...I'm gonna get killed...

Feiyan

A black humanoid shape came barreling into the 11th division barracks. SEI! KO! KUUUN! Feiyan yelled joyfully, screeching to a stop at the front doors.

Viera Champion
2010-10-01, 09:12 PM
Kyasarin frowns.
Hm... I would really love to continue this contest, but my Captain can't quite hold his liquor like I can. Or at all for that matter. And I feel like the poker night is over. So if you don't mind I would love to continue this competition some other time. But if you don't mind, I am going to go see how much help Yuuki-taichou needs. After all, it's only fair that I be nice to him before he gets what's coming for him.
She smiles at Sigint.
Oh, don't worry about the bill, I'm sure the Captain won't mind paying for it out of his PERSONAL SALARY.
And with that, she is gone in a fwoosh of shunpo. She doesn't even wait for a reply.

She appears next to Yuuki, already trying to help support him.
Now, now sir. You couldn't even protect yourself in this state, much less find your way home.

Kuroimaken
2010-10-01, 10:07 PM
Soushi, for his own part, merely offers a nod and raises his cup as Kyasarin excuses herself.

"Well, that was quite delightful! Too bad we couldn't find a winner." His breath doesn't even seem to have been altered.

Kayne650
2010-10-01, 10:26 PM
((Assuming I've got the go-ahead for the timeskip))

Feiyan

A black humanoid shape came barreling into the 11th division barracks. SEI! KO! KUUUN! Feiyan yelled joyfully, screeching to a stop at the front doors.

Seiko Yukimura

Seiko glanced up at the woman barreling directly past him into the division barracks, and sat up. Was that the 4th division 3rd seat?

"Feiyan-san?" He called out, hoping that that was actually her name. "What are you doing here?" He got up and started walking to her, confusion on his expression.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-01, 10:32 PM
[Bar]

Sigint noticed that Yuuki was stumbling home, but before he got the chance to react, Kyasarin got on the situation. "I certainly hope so, Kyasarin-sama. Good luck. I will join you eventually." He gives a bow to her before she leaves.

Frozen_Feet
2010-10-02, 05:20 AM
[Bar]

Sayuri looks after Kyasarin as she leaves. She doesn't say a thing, but it's clear she doesn't like the implication that another Captain is drunk out of his wit in the middle of a working week.

She then turns to eye Soushi. She notes his conspicious lack of inebriation despite the horrendous amount of alcholol he's... enjoyed. He must've cheated in some way as well.

Due to having been a Vice-Captain for a relatively short time, Sayuri is not that well acquianted with many of her colleagues in other divisions. Most she's known by name and face since her times as a 3rd seat, but her actual face-to-face interaction has been limited. But she knows the two present well enough to tell that she doesn't like them very much.

As far as she's concerned, Shizuka Magatsu should've never been granted a rank higher than a grunt in 11th division, considerations of personal power be damned. Always when she's seen him, he's had a malignant glint to his eyes - like he's just searching for the slightest excuse to break something or hurt someone. Those kind of men should never be leaders Heaven knows what he'll do to his poor underlings if he knows he can get away with it. Why does dear Sakurako-taichou tolerate that man?

Nagamichi Soushi is a harder case - he's always outwardly happy, but everything in his demeanor rubs her the wrong way. Maybe because he reminds Sayuri a bit too much of herself - like she always hides her face behind layers of make-up, she's dead-certain the smile on Soushi's face is something that's just glued on, not genuine. He's just keeping up appearances. The idea makes her feel a little bad about herself, but even more it makes her wonder what secrets does the inscrutable man hide within.

Sighing, Sayuri puts her half full juice glass away and gives Sigint a sidewaus glance.

Maybe I should just leave?

Kuroimaken
2010-10-02, 09:52 AM
The worst part about Soushi is that he appeared to be keen of other's introspections. Those squinty eyes of his could pay attention to a surprising amount of things at once, it seemed.

"Come now, Saiyuri-san, it's a party! You don't look like you're enjoying yourself. Which reminds me, I should take a quick break." With that, Soushi got up and moved elsewhere in the bar. He disappeared towards where the bathrooms were.

Moon Wolf
2010-10-02, 11:10 AM
Yuuki

Noticing Kyasarin, Yuuki grabbed at her arm for support as he almost fell down. Hey.... he said, looking at her dazedly. I'm gonna let you in on a secret. I am. Soooo drunk. With that, he keeled over and passed out in her arms.

Feiyan

Feiyan grinned. Heya! Well, what with the Captains having a poker night, the VCs and 3rd seats thought we'd have a party of our own. Wanna come?

Viera Champion
2010-10-02, 01:58 PM
Yuuki

Noticing Kyasarin, Yuuki grabbed at her arm for support as he almost fell down. Hey.... he said, looking at her dazedly. I'm gonna let you in on a secret. I am. Soooo drunk. With that, he keeled over and passed out in her arms.

Feiyan

Feiyan grinned. Heya! Well, what with the Captains having a poker night, the VCs and 3rd seats thought we'd have a party of our own. Wanna come?

Kyasarin chuckles, then sighs.
You are so dead...
Then she carries him back to headquarters.

((I totally picture this as a sweet touching moment in my head))

Zerkai
2010-10-02, 02:20 PM
"...The party is - "

A brief description of location follows.

"That should cover it. If you'll excuse me I have to go find Feiyan. Hopefully I get there before she does any permanent damage... Enjoy your party." With a blur of shunpo he is gone, and Kenichi should be able to spot that he is going to the 11th division HQ... If he wishes to follow.

Kenichi watches him disappear, wondering whether to follow after him or not. He contemplated it for a moment, then just decided to head to the party instead, jogging off to in the direction he was told the party would be with the occasional short shunpo.

Kayne650
2010-10-02, 06:42 PM
Feiyan

Sieko couldn't see any reason why not. He wasn't particularly in the mood for a party, but perhaps some alcohol could relieve the boredom. And besides...

"You said that it for the Vice-Captains and 3rd seats?" Seiko asked her, a feral gleam appearing in his eyes as he considered the possibilities. "Would that happen to include Shizuka Magatsu-san, or Shihan Kyasarin-san?" Seiko hadn't seen either one in a while, and both could put up an excellent fight. He briefly considered challenging the 3rd seat to a quick spar, but she was in the 4th division; she probably wouldn't be any fun. They didn't teach any real enjoyment of battle in that division.

"I do believe that I will go, Feiyan-san. Where did you say it was, again?" The predatory element was still apparent in Seiko's expression; it'd been so long since he'd had a good fight.

Steilos
2010-10-02, 06:52 PM
At that exact moment, Hideyaki appeared with a whuff. "Ah, I see that you already have it handled, Feiyan-san." Although not exactly a byword for social skills, he'd seen that look before. He'd also learned exactly what it meant. Sieko was spoiling for a fight. Hideyaki turned to him next. "I would recommend that you do not start a fight." the 3rd Seat fun-polices. After being a terminal killjoy, he leaves to find Daisuke in a blur of shunpo.

Kayne650
2010-10-02, 07:04 PM
At that exact moment, Hideyaki appeared with a whuff. "Ah, I see that you already have it handled, Feiyan-san." Although not exactly a byword for social skills, he'd seen that look before. He'd also learned exactly what it meant. Sieko was spoiling for a fight. Hideyaki turned to him next. "I would recommend that you do not start a fight." the 3rd Seat fun-polices. After being a terminal killjoy, he leaves to find Daisuke in a blur of shunpo.

Seiko turned to Feiyan, confused. "Who the hell was that guy, and why does he hate fun?" He asked her. I wasn't going to start a fight in the bar. Now, right outside, that's another story. Shall we get going? Where is this party?"

Viera Champion
2010-10-02, 07:33 PM
After dropping Yuuki off at the Division 2 headquarters to sleep off the alcohol, she decides to head back to the party. Probably because I want to put her in a fight with the other guy who is coming.
I'm back!

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-02, 07:41 PM
Sigint has been trained to know when someone's attention is on him. Thus, he knows when Sayuri glances his way. As he sits back down, he looks towards her and gives her a smile. "Is there something in particular that seems to be wrong, Sayuri-sama?"

Then Kyasarin shows up. He turns to face her. "Ah, you're back. I see that Captain is at least in no immediate danger. Have you started brewing the coffee for when he wakes up?"

Viera Champion
2010-10-02, 07:56 PM
Sigint has been trained to know when someone's attention is on him. Thus, he knows when Sayuri glances his way. As he sits back down, he looks towards her and gives her a smile. "Is there something in particular that seems to be wrong, Sayuri-sama?"

Then Kyasarin shows up. He turns to face her. "Ah, you're back. I see that Captain is at least in no immediate danger. Have you started brewing the coffee for when he wakes up?"

Of course. Sober him up before he gets the beating of a life time.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-02, 08:03 PM
Of course. Sober him up before he gets the beating of a life time.

Sigint chuckles. "Don't you think it would be a bad idea to beat up the person assigning you work?"

Viera Champion
2010-10-02, 08:09 PM
Sigint chuckles. "Don't you think it would be a bad idea to beat up the person assigning you work?"

An amazing idea actually.

Kayne650
2010-10-02, 09:00 PM

((OOC: Because I forgot this in my last post :smalltongue:))

Daisuke Koishima

Hideyaki would find Daisuke wandering aimlessly around the 10th division area, desperately searching for yet not finding Isamaru. "Isamaru-san!" Daisuke cried, a bit pitifully. Stamina wasn't his strong suit, and he had been running all day. His two remaining tails drooped near the ground.

Moon Wolf
2010-10-03, 09:56 AM
((I apologize for not being on...yay midterm studying! Not.))

Feiyan shrugged. That'd be Hideyaki. He's the 7th Division's 3rd seat. It's his job to be the voice-o'-reason, I guess. But, please remember, Seiko-kun...start a fight, and once you're injured, I won't hesitate to heal you in the most painful way possible. She says all of this with an evil grin on her face. Wait a second... Feiyan paused in thought. I don't even know where the party is. I'll be right back... she told Seiko. HI! DE! YA! KI! She shouted, zooming after him. Where the heck is the party anyways?!

Steilos
2010-10-03, 10:44 AM
Hideyaki stops dead when Feiyan's voice reaches him, turns around smartly and begins to tell her the directions. About halfway through, it occurs to the 3rd Seat that Feiyan may not actually be able to stop in time, as he had stopped at a blind corner. He begins to take a few steps back...

Moon Wolf
2010-10-03, 10:54 AM
Feiyan screeched to a halt and fell flat on her face, nearly crashing into Hideyaki. Don't DO that! She yelped at him, although from her voice, it was clear that she was trying to hold back laughter. I kind of didn't catch that...I was busy trying to, you know, not bulldoze you over like a transport truck.

Cyborg Mage
2010-10-03, 11:04 AM
[Arata]

"Greetings, everyone. I heard that there was a gathering of the shinigami here?"

Arata enters the party room, still dressed in his training garb. His black, shoulder length hair is even more unkempt than usual, his forehead covered in a thin sheen of sweat. It's clear that he has been pushing himself even harder than usual, considering it one of his unwritten duties as 3rd seat.

Or mabye he's trying to redeem himself for that fateful night at the memorial, even though he doesn't know how he is going to do that. He was lucky to have even survived, never mind being made a Soul Reaper, he knows he doesn't need to. And yet, he feels he must.

Steilos
2010-10-03, 11:10 AM
Feiyan screeched to a halt and fell flat on her face, nearly crashing into Hideyaki. Don't DO that! She yelped at him, although from her voice, it was clear that she was trying to hold back laughter. I kind of didn't catch that...I was busy trying to, you know, not bulldoze you over like a transport truck.

"The sentiment is appreciated." After helping to pick up Feiyan, Hideyaki gives her the directions again. "- Now if you excuse me I have to go find Daisuke. Goodbye."

Hideyaki sped off in a blur, stopping next to Daisuke in the 10th Division building. "Are you having any luck?"

Moon Wolf
2010-10-03, 11:16 AM
Feiyan rolled her eyes. Sheesh. With that, she turned around and flashed back to the 11th. All righty! I got the directions! Let's go-go! She called to Seiko.

Kayne650
2010-10-03, 02:16 PM
Feiyan rolled her eyes. Sheesh. With that, she turned around and flashed back to the 11th. All righty! I got the directions! Let's go-go! She called to Seiko.

Seiko Yukimura

I wonder exactly how she plans to heal me in a painful fashion... Seiko wondered to himself, contemplating the woman's odd threat. "Don't worry, Feiyan-san. I have no intention of getting hurt fighting them." With that, he fell into step behind Feiyan, already considering ways to get into a fight with actually looking like he was getting into a fight. Not that Michiko-taichou would mind anyway; such tests of one's strength were actually encouraged in the 11th.

"The sentiment is appreciated." After helping to pick up Feiyan, Hideyaki gives her the directions again. "- Now if you excuse me I have to go find Daisuke. Goodbye."

Hideyaki sped off in a blur, stopping next to Daisuke in the 10th Division building. "Are you having any luck?"

Daisuke Koishima

"No." Daisuke answered pitifully, his two tails drooping even lower, as if in shame. It was interesting to note that in his Shikai, Daisuke's emotions were even more obvious than normal. "I can't find him anywhere, Hideyaki-san!" It was getting more and more evident how tired Daisuke was getting, as he became dangerously close to whining, his polite facade gone. "Hideyaki-san, could you help me look? Or better yet, can you use Kido really well?"

Steilos
2010-10-03, 02:39 PM
Daisuke Koishima

"No." Daisuke answered pitifully, his two tails drooping even lower, as if in shame. It was interesting to note that in his Shikai, Daisuke's emotions were even more obvious than normal. "I can't find him anywhere, Hideyaki-san!" It was getting more and more evident how tired Daisuke was getting, as he became dangerously close to whining, his polite facade gone. "Hideyaki-san, could you help me look? Or better yet, can you use Kido really well?"

"I can help you look, but I am afraid I never really use Kido." Hideyaki tilts his head to one side, apprasing Daisuke. "Maybe you should just go sit down and let me search. In absence of any kind of Kido, the classic methods for recuperation work just as well, albeit they take slightly longer." As he was talking, Hideyaki was checking the nearby doors for signs of habitation.

Kuroimaken
2010-10-03, 03:36 PM
At this point, Soushi was returning from the bathroom. "Oh, hey there! Looks like we've got a late guest to the party!" At this point, if paranoid enough, one would probably spot an evil glimmer in those slits Soushi called eyes.

Moon Wolf
2010-10-03, 07:09 PM
Feiyan rolled her eyes. Sure. Right. You've got no intention of getting hurt. You just wanna fight...but without getting hurt. She turned around to face Seiko. I'm from the Zaraki district. I know a lot more about fighting than you'd think. She smiled slyly and then turned back around. Well, if you don't wanna get lost, you'd better follow me! C'mon! With that, she took off in a blur of shunpo, using Hideyaki's directions to get to the bar.

Kayne650
2010-10-03, 11:55 PM
"I can help you look, but I am afraid I never really use Kido." Hideyaki tilts his head to one side, apprasing Daisuke. "Maybe you should just go sit down and let me search. In absence of any kind of Kido, the classic methods for recuperation work just as well, albeit they take slightly longer." As he was talking, Hideyaki was checking the nearby doors for signs of habitation.

Daisuke decided that he would take the man's suggestion and sit down for a while. As he relaxed, he wondered how Magatsu-sama was doing. He really hoped that he wasn't breaking anything. Or anyone.

Feiyan rolled her eyes. Sure. Right. You've got no intention of getting hurt. You just wanna fight...but without getting hurt. She turned around to face Seiko. I'm from the Zaraki district. I know a lot more about fighting than you'd think. She smiled slyly and then turned back around. Well, if you don't wanna get lost, you'd better follow me! C'mon! With that, she took off in a blur of shunpo, using Hideyaki's directions to get to the bar.

Seiko chuckled to himself as he followed her. From the Zaraki district? That would explain a lot about her attitude. But he knew that a fight with another Vice-Captain wouldn't end in any serious injuries on his part, and he wouldn't inflict any on his opponents. He really looked forward to seeing the other Vice-Captains; he hadn't had any good fights in years, and this would break the monotony nicely. He vanished from where he stood, joining Feiyan in shunpo.

Finally entering the bar, Seiko looked around. Instantly seeing Kyasarin and Magatsu, he decided quickly on which to attack first. Then he decided not to attack either; what would surprise either of them more than not attacking them? He was the Vice-Captain of the 11th division; they'd both expect him to attack, and he would never be so predictable as that. So instead, he walked in completely nonchalantly, and smiled at them all. "So, now that I'm here, shall we get this nonsense started!" Seiko said, taking a seat. "Magatsu, old buddy. How the heck've you been?" Not using an honorific with Magatsu was an insult, but not one that Magatsu could use as justification for an attack, though he probably would still start a fight. Seiko could tell that Magatsu was just as eager for a fight as he was. He also noticed Kyasarin across the table, talking to her division's 3rd seat. What would she do? Was she spoiling for a fight? Perhaps, it was harder to tell with someone like her.

horngeek
2010-10-03, 11:57 PM
Hayashi Household

Natsuko is currently snoozing in her room. :smalltongue:

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-04, 12:09 AM
Sigint noticed Arata. He nodded his head to him. "Hello, Arata-san*! Pleasure to see you here."

Then Seiko walked in.

He knew that he had a penchant for picking fights. It made sense, what with his position in the 11th division. He gave him a smile and nodded his head towards him. "Seiko-sama, good to see you too! I hope the 11th Division has been treating you well." Sigint simply has a smile, obviously not intending to insult anybody.

(*If Arata is higher on the totem pole than Sigint, he'll say -sama instead.)

Wahrheit
2010-10-04, 03:48 AM
"Arata-san! Glad you found us. Too much time cooped up in the office is bad for your health."

Magatsu smiled as Seiko greeted him, ready to flash step out of the way of an incoming attack, but caught only a subtle jibe instead. "I've been doing as well as I can in 3rd, with all the boredom that entails. I can only imagine how rusty your division is getting... at least we've got the occasional criminal to hunt down. With all the action this war has, I wouldn't be surprised if you admitted any child needing dancing lessons." He returned the subtle insult full-force, guessing what Seiko was up to. The two Lieutenants were similar in many ways, after all.

Viera Champion
2010-10-04, 04:41 AM
Kyasarin rolls her eyes.
What idiot tries to start a fight with insults? That is utterly boring.
Then she grins, knowing full well she just insulted both of them in a very unsubtle way.

Moon Wolf
2010-10-04, 11:26 AM
Feiyan grinned and waved. Heya, everybody? Anyone started a drinking contest yet? If so, I want in! If not...well....I doubt it would be not!

Cyborg Mage
2010-10-04, 11:34 AM
(*If Arata is higher on the totem pole than Sigint, he'll say -sama instead.)
(If you're lower than 3rd seat, call me -sama. Otherwise, -san is fine.)

"Arata-san! Glad you found us. Too much time cooped up in the office is bad for your health."

"Well, I must admit, being this high in the ranks doesn't exactly bring as much field action as lower down, but you shouldn't exactly need to worry about my time in the office."
Arata motions to the Hayai Ryoute sheathed at his waist, and then to his knuckles. They appear whitened from gripping his swords.

"As for a drinking contest, I wouldn't exactly reccomend it. I, for one, will probably have my head buried in Omnitsukidō paperwork, and that's not even considering the off chance any of us will be on active duty."

Kuroimaken
2010-10-04, 11:47 AM
Soushi turned a large, predatory grin over to Feiyan as she mentioned wanting in on a drinking contest. His face almost seemed to... widen... as if to accomodate the glee of finding an opponent foolhardy enough.

"Well, I was in one with Kyasarin-san until her duty called. I consider it a draw. Would you care for a challenge, Feiyan-san?"

It was hard to shrug the feeling it felt like a python inviting a rabbit to a hugging contest.

Kayne650
2010-10-04, 12:14 PM
Then Seiko walked in.

He knew that he had a penchant for picking fights. It made sense, what with his position in the 11th division. He gave him a smile and nodded his head towards him. "Seiko-sama, good to see you too! I hope the 11th Division has been treating you well." Sigint simply has a smile, obviously not intending to insult anybody.

"Good to see you as well, Sigint-kun. It's been all right, though a severe lack of wars to fight has left the blades of my recruits a bit dull."

Magatsu smiled as Seiko greeted him, ready to flash step out of the way of an incoming attack, but caught only a subtle jibe instead. "I've been doing as well as I can in 3rd, with all the boredom that entails. I can only imagine how rusty your division is getting... at least we've got the occasional criminal to hunt down. With all the action this war has, I wouldn't be surprised if you admitted any child needing dancing lessons." He returned the subtle insult full-force, guessing what Seiko was up to. The two Lieutenants were similar in many ways, after all.

Seiko turned to Magatsu. "Though I assure you that our blades are still the sharpest in the Seireitei. And Magatsu, may I remind you that it's the 13th who hunts down the criminals; you just kill them. Though I'm sure that killing previously captured criminals keeps your blades sharp. Surely, I could never match your skill in killing the helpless." Magatsu took a swig of sake as he spoke, showing his absolute contempt for everything around him. His other hand waited by his blade, sure that a strike would come soon.

Kyasarin rolls her eyes.
What idiot tries to start a fight with insults? That is utterly boring.
Then she grins, knowing full well she just insulted both of them in a very unsubtle way.

"Only the kind of idiot who would make hypocritical insults, Kyasa-chan." Seiko shot back with a glance that dared Kyasarin to start something. They all wanted to start something, it was only a question of who would attack first.

Frozen_Feet
2010-10-04, 03:21 PM
[Bar]

Sayuri doesn't appreciate the growing hostility at all. She can sense what her colleagues are thinking, and it's twisting her lips to that same ugly frown she usually has at work. "Gentlemen...", she begins, then gives a cold glance at Kyasarin. What is the girl thinking? "... and women. Please, don't cause any more ruckus here. It would put us in a very bad light." The smile on her face is decidedly joyless as she gets up from her seat, smoothing her yukata as she does. "If you're looking for a friendly spar, this is hardly the place for that. May I suggest you move to the abandoned testing grounds near the 12th? They are only a short walk away..."

Kuroimaken
2010-10-04, 03:31 PM
"Quite the splendid idea... I wonder how such matches would turn out..."

Moon Wolf
2010-10-04, 03:44 PM
((OOC: The Express line is a quote from my all-time favourite TV character: Sue Sylvester of Glee.))

Well Seiko! Feiyan grinned evilly towards him, the malice clear on her tanned face. You've just booked yourself a seat on the Feiyan Tewulan express! Destination? HORROR! Now... she turned back to Soushi, smiling sweetly. I was only 17 when I died and came to Zaraki District. I've been able to drink more than they could give me ever since then. Just letting ya know what you're up against. Since I'm in a bar, would it be all right if I let my language slip back into the less professional language that I'm used to? Assuming that it would be all right as long as her words didn't get too foul, she pulled up a stool and called to the bartender, Oy! Ya givin' me 'ow many rouns' 'at dey've had, y'hear?

Kayne650
2010-10-04, 04:00 PM
[Bar]

Sayuri doesn't appreciate the growing hostility at all. She can sense what her colleagues are thinking, and it's twisting her lips to that same ugly frown she usually has at work. "Gentlemen...", she begins, then gives a cold glance at Kyasarin. What is the girl thinking? "... and women. Please, don't cause any more ruckus here. It would put us in a very bad light." The smile on her face is decidedly joyless as she gets up from her seat, smoothing her yukata as she does. "If you're looking for a friendly spar, this is hardly the place for that. May I suggest you move to the abandoned testing grounds near the 12th? They are only a short walk away..."

"Sayuri-san, what a marvelous idea! While I'm sure that none of us were trying to start a fight, it would be very refreshing for us to work out our excess energy!" Seiko was lying through his teeth, but his background among nobles made it almost believable that he wasn't trying to start a fight...if it hadn't been obvious thirty seconds before.

"So, what say we go and take this somewhere else? I think that we're all overdue for a quick spar."

Viera Champion
2010-10-04, 06:42 PM
"Sayuri-san, what a marvelous idea! While I'm sure that none of us were trying to start a fight, it would be very refreshing for us to work out our excess energy!" Seiko was lying through his teeth, but his background among nobles made it almost believable that he wasn't trying to start a fight...if it hadn't been obvious thirty seconds before.

"So, what say we go and take this somewhere else? I think that we're all overdue for a quick spar."

Awwwww... Your avatar is adorable!

Kyasarin frowns.
Hmmm... I really should finish my drinking contest though. And yet I don't want to be left out of the sparring session! It is so unfair, the life altering decisions I am forced to make!

Moon Wolf
2010-10-04, 07:31 PM
((OOC: It's fun using my crazy aunt's slang in an RP. Sorry, auntie.))

Feiyan grinned. Ya wan' hear a solvin' from some'un from Zaraki, Kyas'rin-s'ma? She'd already chugged down two bottles of sake, and was quite happy being able to speak in her home district's slang that she had grown so used to. We knows 'ow ta fight n' drink at the same timin'!

Viera Champion
2010-10-04, 07:39 PM
Kyasarin grins.
Yes, but I can't get a steady supply of sake when I'm out fighting. Besides, I could beat you in both so it wouldn't really matter which I picked.
Kyasarin chuckles.

Moon Wolf
2010-10-04, 07:47 PM
Feiyan shrugged. Don' puddit pas' a Zaraki cit'zen ta figur ou' how to solve thins'. Jez' take wit' ya huge carton o sake. Dere ya go. Probbum solv'd. With that, she wrapped her hand around another bottle of sake and chugged the whole bottle down in one breath. Jez' do that.

Kayne650
2010-10-04, 07:48 PM
Kyasarin grins.
Yes, but I can't get a steady supply of sake when I'm out fighting. Besides, I could beat you in both so it wouldn't really matter which I picked.
Kyasarin chuckles.

"I would be careful about that one, Kyasarin." Seiko said to Kyasarin. "She's right about one thing: kids from the Zaraki district learn to fight, and fight well. They have to, or they don't survive." Though his tone remains joking, his eyes look softer as he glances toward Feiyan. He knows she doesn't want his sympathy, but he feels almost bad for the circumstances of his birth; he would have gladly been born in the Zaraki district, if it meant that people like Feiyan could have been born in better places.

Viera Champion
2010-10-04, 07:53 PM
I didn't have to be born in the Zaraki district to gained the skill I got. I didn't do the most legal things in Rukongai to get me where I am today.

Moon Wolf
2010-10-04, 07:56 PM
Ya lis'n t'him, Kyas'rin-s'ma. He's right. Ya watchin' ya self now, or I'm a figh' like we figh' in Zaraki. Feiyan grinned dangerously, although anyone could tell she was teasing Kyasarin.

Viera Champion
2010-10-04, 08:17 PM
Kyasarin bursts out laughing.
You show me that, and I'll teach you what I learned during Onmitsukidō training.

Wahrheit
2010-10-04, 08:32 PM
[Bar]

Magatsu's smile showed far too many teeth and didn't approach his eyes. "Sayuri-san, what a wonderful idea! Might I impose upon you to referee our competition? You've such a reputation for fairness, and I trust your judgement in such matters."

Kayne650
2010-10-04, 08:53 PM
Kyasarin bursts out laughing.
You show me that, and I'll teach you what I learned during Onmitsukidō training.

"Now now, Kyasarin. I thought we were going to be fighting each other. Are you starting another fight on me?" Seiko asked mockingly, his eyes dancing as he spoke. "I feel as if you're cheating on me. And we can't have that, now can we?" Seiko's eyes flashed as he subtly moved his hand toward his sword, ready to start any minute. He would wait, though. He wanted this to go as well as it could, and not be spoiled afterwards by having to pay for damages.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-04, 09:15 PM
[Bar]

Sigint stands up, placing his hands between the would-be competitors. "Gentleman, ladies, please. Must we interact with swords, rather than conversation? Surely there isn't anything else you all would be interested in? Besides drinking contests." He adds the last as an afterthought.

tgva8889
2010-10-05, 01:09 AM
Hayashi Household

Natsuko is currently snoozing in her room. :smalltongue:

Which is fortunate, because Taiki comes in a bit later than expected. Finding her asleep, he smiles, hanging his robes where they belong so he can join her in sleeping. He lays right beside her and grins happily.

horngeek
2010-10-05, 01:10 AM
She turns a bit in her sleep as he lies next to her, and murmurs a bit.

Viera Champion
2010-10-05, 05:30 AM
[Bar]

Sigint stands up, placing his hands between the would-be competitors. "Gentleman, ladies, please. Must we interact with swords, rather than conversation? Surely there isn't anything else you all would be interested in? Besides drinking contests." He adds the last as an afterthought.

Oh do settle down Sigint. You'll ruin all our fun.

Moon Wolf
2010-10-05, 09:50 AM
Show ya? Feiyan grinned. Well, ne'r thought I'd a see th' day when a VC was askin' m'advice. Now, Kyas'rin-s'ma...c'n I ask somethin' of ya? 'Coz if yer from a noble house 'r such, wi' all 'em good manners, ya better know 'at this takin' real baaad manners. She smiled coyly and downed her fifth bottle of sake.

Cyborg Mage
2010-10-05, 11:26 AM
"I would slow down if I were you, Feiyan-san. Just because we're dead doesn't mean that isn't bad for us."
Arata stares in slight disidain as the tanned woman just keeps drinking wildly, and sighs.
"Not that anyone will be able to convince you to stop anyway..."

[Bar]

"I, for one, would be fine for a game of shogi. A civilised enough game, still with a place in battle though. I could probably find a set quickly enough- and then some."

(NOTE: Shogi=Japanese chess. Look up more about it here. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shogi))

Kuroimaken
2010-10-05, 12:43 PM
"Well, I guess it beats standing around. But I don't expect much competition." Soushi offered nonchalantly.

Kayne650
2010-10-05, 02:20 PM
"Well, I guess it beats standing around. But I don't expect much competition." Soushi offered nonchalantly.

"You could always join us, Soushi-san." Seiko suggested. "The more the merrier, after all. I'm sure no one would object to another combatant, right?" Seiko looked at Soushi with a seemingly friendly smile on his face. In fact, it would have been very friendly if it wasn't so downright predatory.

Kuroimaken
2010-10-05, 02:57 PM
"Oh, I don't know how you all might take to my particular... style." Soushi grinned right back.

Viera Champion
2010-10-05, 05:55 PM
Show ya? Feiyan grinned. Well, ne'r thought I'd a see th' day when a VC was askin' m'advice. Now, Kyas'rin-s'ma...c'n I ask somethin' of ya? 'Coz if yer from a noble house 'r such, wi' all 'em good manners, ya better know 'at this takin' real baaad manners. She smiled coyly and downed her fifth bottle of sake.

Kyasarin blinks in surprise.
Noble house? Of course not. I wa known as the black cat of Rukongai. I stole from the noble houses.
She doesn't seem to mind telling people about her not so legal past.

Kayne650
2010-10-05, 07:30 PM
Kyasarin blinks in surprise.
Noble house? Of course not. I wa known as the black cat of Rukongai. I stole from the noble houses.
She doesn't seem to mind telling people about her not so legal past.

Seiko laughed out loud when he heard her old moniker.

"You were the Black Cat of the Rukongai? Do you remember stealing from the Yukimura house? Probably not, but my parents remember you. They actually asked me to send out a strike team just to hunt you down!" Seiko is still laughing as he says this, almost spilling Magatsu's his sake.

Viera Champion
2010-10-05, 07:59 PM
Hunt me down? Hah! I would've loved to see that.
Kyasarin bursts out laughing as she remembers her Rukongai days.

Kayne650
2010-10-05, 10:17 PM
Hunt me down? Hah! I would've loved to see that.
Kyasarin bursts out laughing as she remembers her Rukongai days.

"Don't laugh too hard, Kyasarin-san. At that point, you were still just a thief in the Rukongai, and I was already a 3rd seat in the 11th division. If I'd wanted you caught, I would've caught you." Seiko responds, taking a drink of the sake. He spoke as though he had absolute confidence, though it was easy to tell that he was just teasing Kyasarin.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-05, 11:27 PM
Sigint just shrugs at this point. He then sits down next to Sayuri. He then leans to whisper to Sayuri. "I tried, Sayuri-sama. I'm sorry. I suppose there is Shogi..." He gives a joking smile.

horngeek
2010-10-05, 11:30 PM
Natsuko, meanwhile, starts to wake up, yawning. :smalltongue:

tgva8889
2010-10-05, 11:34 PM
Taiki is still asleep when Natsuko wakes. He lies with one arm around her waist, breathing totally silently over her ear.

horngeek
2010-10-05, 11:36 PM
She smiles, and snuggles up to him contentedly.

Viera Champion
2010-10-06, 04:50 AM
"Don't laugh too hard, Kyasarin-san. At that point, you were still just a thief in the Rukongai, and I was already a 3rd seat in the 11th division. If I'd wanted you caught, I would've caught you." Seiko responds, taking a drink of the sake. He spoke as though he had absolute confidence, though it was easy to tell that he was just teasing Kyasarin.

Just a thief? Yes well a thief that would rise the ranks to being the Vice Captain of Division 2 and the Commander of the Onmitsukidōs 2nd Unit in the same amount of time it took you to be raised from the position of 3rd seat.
She teases him back.

Kayne650
2010-10-06, 08:32 AM
Just a thief? Yes well a thief that would rise the ranks to being the Vice Captain of Division 2 and the Commander of the Onmitsukidōs 2nd Unit in the same amount of time it took you to be raised from the position of 3rd seat.
She teases him back.

"Oh, are we playing that game now?" He asked with a hint of mockery in his voice. "For your information, the reason it took me so long to rise to the postion of Vice-Captain is because Michiko-taichou was very fond of her previous Vice-Captain, and I had to wait until he...died of mysterious circumstances before I was able to take the seat. Seiko said just a bit defensively.

Or perhaps the 11th division just has higher standards than the 2nd..." Seiko added as a jab to Kyasarin. Whether or not he actually thought so was impossible to decipher, but he seemed to be joking.

Cyborg Mage
2010-10-06, 01:09 PM
She teases him back.

"Oh, are we playing that game now?" He asked with a hint of mockery in his voice. "For your information, the reason it took me so long to rise to the postion of Vice-Captain is because Michiko-taichou was very fond of her previous Vice-Captain, and I had to wait until he...died of mysterious circumstances before I was able to take the seat. Seiko said just a bit defensively.

"Now now, your rank difference doesn't automatically mean any of you are better than the other. For all we know, Seiko, your time in the office might even have dulled your infamous skill for combat."
Arata only almost grinned as he said this, knowing Seiko wasn't one to fly off the hook easily.

Frozen_Feet
2010-10-06, 02:34 PM
Magatsu's smile showed far too many teeth and didn't approach his eyes. "Sayuri-san, what a wonderful idea! Might I impose upon you to referee our competition? You've such a reputation for fairness, and I trust your judgement in such matters."

Sayuri consider this suggestion for a moment. On the other hand, she'd rather not spend any more time in this unpleasent company, but on the other, the appeal to her righteousness is strong. Besides, if you go with them, you can make sure they won't break anything important. She blinks - that had not been her own thought. She finds herself agreeing with it nonetheless.

"I... suppose I can spare some of my time for you, gentry", she says primly, still keeping up that forced smile. "If you'd please follow me, then..." (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9494966#post9494966) She walks out of the bar, leaving a half-drunk glass of juice on the counter.

Moon Wolf
2010-10-06, 05:14 PM
Feiyan stood up and yelled at all of them, I'm a livin' fer 58 years in Zaraki! Bea' dat! Protectin' a sistuh' too! She downed another bottle, totalling her chug count to six bottles. Well, let's git ta fightin'! With that, she made her way over to Test Field 04, a case of beer in her hand.

horngeek
2010-10-06, 05:40 PM

This. :smalltongue:

Viera Champion
2010-10-06, 07:06 PM
Sayuri consider this suggestion for a moment. On the other hand, she'd rather not spend any more time in this unpleasent company, but on the other, the appeal to her righteousness is strong. Besides, if you go with them, you can make sure they won't break anything important. She blinks - that had not been her own thought. She finds herself agreeing with it nonetheless.

"I... suppose I can spare some of my time for you, gentry", she says primly, still keeping up that forced smile. "If you'd please follow me, then..." (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9494966#post9494966) She walks out of the bar, leaving a half-drunk glass of juice on the counter.

Kyasarin grins, totally ignoring Seiko's comment.
Why Sayuri I am ever so grateful.

Kayne650
2010-10-06, 07:13 PM
Seiko Yukimura

"Now now, your rank difference doesn't automatically mean any of you are better than the other. For all we know, Seiko, your time in the office might even have dulled your infamous skill for combat."
Arata only almost grinned as he said this, knowing Seiko wasn't one to fly off the hook easily.

"Well, if we have an arena and a referee, let's get going!" Seiko said enthusiastically. "And Arata-san, you should be glad that I'm in a good mood tonight," Seiko added, taking a drink. "I've killed men for less. Women, too. But mostly Hollows." He hastily added, noticing Sayuri's infamous glare making its way towards him. "So, shall we?" Seiko asked, indicating the door.

Daisuke Koishima

Daisuke's ears perked up, and then his head came up. Something was...wrong. Not like ordinary wrong, either. It was a certain kind of wrong. A familiar kind of wrong.

Magatsu-sama was doing something stupid again.

Daisuke turned to Hideyaki. "Hideyaki-san, I have to go!" He said suddenly. "I need to check on Magatsu-sama, I think that something's wrong." And if it's not now, it soon will be, Daisuke thought to himself, rather darkly. He then sped off without waiting for Hideyaki's response.

He knew where Magatsu-sama was. With all of his Reiatsu completely uncontrolled, it wouldn't be hard to find him.

Cyborg Mage
2010-10-07, 11:34 AM
Seiko Yukimura

"Well, if we have an arena and a referee, let's get going!" Seiko said enthusiastically. "And Arata-san, you should be glad that I'm in a good mood tonight," Seiko added, taking a drink. "I've killed men for less. Women, too. But mostly Hollows." He hastily added, noticing Sayuri's infamous glare making its way towards him. "So, shall we?" Seiko asked, indicating the door.

"Well, there's not much else to do here, and at least it goes beyond training against defenseless targets. Seiko-san, you have a sparring match on your hands"
Arata stands up and flash steps past Seiko into the hallway, looking back with a small grin and indicating for him to follow-somewhat provocatively at that.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-07, 01:18 PM
[Tiiiiime Waaaarrrrrp!]

Sigint got up after finishing his meal, bowed to the bartender, and payed for his tab. "Thank you very much, and my apologies for any inconvenience we may have imposed on you." He then looks at the company heading towards the arena, and lets out a small sigh. I really should follow them and make sure no one gets horribly maimed, should I? You really should, yes. With that internal conversation, Sigint reapplies the bit of his mask that covered his mouth, and goes to walk out the door.

Viera Champion
2010-10-07, 06:28 PM
Kyasarin charges the hefty bill to Yuuki, then shunpos out after everyone.
Hey, don't leave me out of this fight.

tgva8889
2010-10-09, 06:16 AM

...And they sleep some more?

Taiki is asleep for a while. Coming home after a late night into a day typically lacking in action tends to do that for him. Eventually he gets up and turns to Natsuko, smiling. "Oh, hello."

horngeek
2010-10-09, 06:20 AM
Natsuko smiles at him. "Hello there, sleepy. Have fun last night?"

She stretches a little. "I assume you don't have much on today. I'm taking more and more days off work myself..."

Frozen_Feet
2010-10-10, 12:25 PM
((OOC: Sorry to disturb Taiki's and Natsuko's marital bliss, but I think it's time to get moving. My apologies. m(_ _)m))

[13th Division walkway, three days later, late afternoon]

In the shade of tall, marble obelisks surrounding the path from 13th Division grounds to central Seireitei, five Senkai gates stand tall, waiting for the return of the Joint-Op patrollers. A smattering of 4th Division personnel are gathered near them, waiting anxiously for any of them to open - they'd been alerted because one of the patrols had run into unexpected trouble. They'd been ready to leave for the mortal world themselves, until mission control had signalled that the patrol would be coming back on their own. Hopefully, that'd mean they'd not have to deal with life-threatening injuries... hopefully.

Then the second gate from the left rolls open, and Zaraki Nasumi stumbles out, carrying unconscious Fukui Kyou on her shoulders. Three medics immediatly rush over to her, carrying a stretcher with them. They quickly advice Nasumi to lower her wounded sister-in-arms on them. One of them begins checking the 3rd divisioner for injuries. "I - I'm fine, thank you...", she explains sheepishly.

Other patrollers should arrive just behind her...

Kuroimaken
2010-10-10, 12:51 PM
For that matter, Kazuma wouldn't be able to say the same - even if he did, no one would believe him. He's just happy to be able to lie down and get some sleep when he sees the fourth divisioners come his way.

Kayne650
2010-10-10, 01:06 PM
[Soul Society]

Karite appears right in front of one of the Gates to Seiretei, gasping for breath. He staggers toward the gate, attempting to open it, before slowly falling. His reiatsu, usually relatively easy to sense, fades and fades, until it is merely a faint pulse.

Those who live near the gate watch, interested.

Seiko had been going out to the Rukongai on one of his routine walks to check on the gardens of the 11th division, which, for some reason, Michiko-taichou had decided scatter all over the Soul Society. He expected quite a bit to happen on these walks, because it was better not to be surprised by things. He'd expected to find young ones with spiritual power; he'd expected minor Hollows; he'd expected to find dirt to use on some unfortunate Gotei 13 officer who was doing something improper where he thought he wouldn't be seen.

What he didn't expect to see what the unconscious body of the 13th division's Vice-Captain lying outside the gate to the Seireitei. That one caught him flat-footed. Thankfully, the 11th division had taught him rudimentary first aid, and he was able to make sure that the man wasn't dying, though any other kind of help was beyond him. The man's reiatsu was flickering and seemed close to dying. Seiko did his best to dress the Vice-Captain's numerous wounds, then slung the man over his shoulder to bring to the 4th division. Hopefully they'd know what to do.

Later, in the 4th division barracks

Seiko had come back to visit Karite, because he felt somewhat responsible for the man's health. It didn't make much sense for him to feel that way, since he wasn't even in the man's division, but because he found Karite, he thought that it was duty to make sure that the man recovered. He began walking through the barracks to find the room where Karite would be recovering.

Terry576
2010-10-10, 01:08 PM
Karite sits up in his bed, dazed.

"What... What happened?"

He glances down, and raises an eyebrow.

His clothes were a mess, the entire top half of his uniform in tatters, and his chest was covered in bandages.

He pokes his rib.

A curse rips out of his mouth, and echoes around the Fourth division.

"SON OF A-"

Kayne650
2010-10-10, 01:15 PM
Karite sits up in his bed, dazed.

"What... What happened?"

He glances down, and raises an eyebrow.

His clothes were a mess, the entire top half of his uniform in tatters, and his chest was covered in bandages.

He pokes his rib.

A curse rips out of his mouth, and echoes around the Fourth division.

"SON OF A-"

"Well, it's obvious that you're awake." Seiko's characteristically sarcastic voice said from the doorway. "It's generally considered a bad idea to poke broken bones. How are you doing? You were a mess when I found you outside Seireitei. What did you do? Insult the Ghost King's mother?

Terry576
2010-10-10, 01:18 PM
Karite glares at Seiko.

"Perhaps engaging with one of the Privaron, not releasing for a while, leaving her alive, getting my reiatsu drained, and then releasing had an effect?

Don't worry, she's buried under ice. I'll just go fix her temporary aliveness in a sec-"

He tries to get up, and falls back on his pillow.

"Day."

Kayne650
2010-10-10, 01:24 PM
Karite glares at Seiko.

"Perhaps engaging with one of the Privaron, not releasing for a while, leaving her alive, getting my reiatsu drained, and then releasing had an effect?

Don't worry, she's buried under ice. I'll just go fix her temporary aliveness in a sec-"

He tries to get up, and falls back on his pillow.

"Day."

"You tried to toy with a Privaron?" Seiko said, not quite believing what he had just heard. "Are you always so stupid? And you're not going anywhere. If she's still alive, then she's gone by now. You've been asleep for the better part of a day."

"And I didn't know about the reiatsu draining. I'll try to get someone in here to deal with that. And I wouldn't try to move again. Feiyan-san has been in here, and I don't think that she'd think twice about severing the tendons in your arms and legs to keep you in bed." Seiko said with a wry grin. "If you'd like though, I can go check on this Privaron and see if she's still there. I don't think that she will be, unless your ice can last outdoors for about 18 hours."

Terry576
2010-10-10, 01:26 PM
Karite shrugs, pretending it wasn't his Bankai ice, that dissolved under massive spiritual pressure.

"Nope, it can't. So I guess I'll be here a while. By the way, where's my Zanpakuto?"

It doesn't seem to be near him.

strawberryman
2010-10-10, 01:40 PM
[1st Division]

In his office, Ryouichi sighs as he begins to receive reports of the most recent Joint-Op patrol. There would be a need for damage control, assessing their losses... and possibly overseeing punishments, on the preliminary results.

Signing off on a few forms, he stands, making his way out at a leisurely pace toward the 4th Division headquarters.

Well, at least it gives me an excuse to leave the office...

Kayne650
2010-10-10, 01:59 PM
"Your Zanpakutou?" Asked Seiko, confused. "I actually didn't see it. I didn't think much of it, but you don't have it? Hold on, I'll go check where I found you." And with that, Seiko vanished in a blur of Shunpo.

But the blade wasn't there. Seiko questioned everyone nearby; the farmers, the citizens, the patrolling Shinigami. None had seen Karite's blade. Seiko couldn't imagine worse news to bring to a recovering Vice-Captain.

But he had to tell him. Seiko returned to where Karite was recovering, looking a little uncomfortable. "You blade wasn't there, Karite-san. Did you perhaps leave it in the Mortal World? I could go look there if you want..." It was obvious that Seiko wasn't very confident that it would still be there, especially if there was a Privaron left there.

Terry576
2010-10-10, 02:05 PM
Karite begins to glare at Seiko.

And then a wall.

If looks could burn things, the wall would be a smouldering wall of ash.

"Dammit Shini, why'd you vanish?"

tgva8889
2010-10-10, 02:16 PM
Natsuko smiles at him. "Hello there, sleepy. Have fun last night?"

She stretches a little. "I assume you don't have much on today. I'm taking more and more days off work myself..."

"Huh? Oh, last night? It was alright..." Taiki slides up on the bed, leaning up slightly on his pillow.

"Yeah, it's been a bit slow lately. Not much anyone's really done that requires my expertise. And my division's been quiet as of late. Haven't heard much from Goro. Everywhere else has been quiet." Taiki turns and looks up at the ceiling. Then he looks at Natsuko, his expression softened. "Are you alright?"

horngeek
2010-10-10, 02:22 PM
[Three Days Earlier]

Natsuko looks at him. "Yeah, I am. Still dealing with these mood swings, feel bloated, can't fight... but I'm carrying our child. That outweighs anything else, to me."

----

[Present]

Hayashi Natsuko, 13th Division Captain, opens the door on Karite's room. "Karite. What happened?"

Terry576
2010-10-10, 02:29 PM
Karite suddenly takes an interest in a point a few inches above Natsuko's head.

"I heard the call, and went into the Mortal World to help out the Joint-Operation. I engaged the Privaron after a few seconds, because the bloody unseated refused to move, and fought her unreleased for a bit. When the unseated had finally left, Akio came out of nowhere, and engaged Elder. I continued to fight with the Privaron, eventually encasing her cero in ice. However, I turned around, and she stabbed me, and covered me in bandages that seemed to steal my reiatsu. Once I broke out of them, I encased her in ice again, and then... My zanpakuto went out of it's release state before I could kill her.

And now I'm here, without my sword."

horngeek
2010-10-10, 02:33 PM
Natsuko leaned forwards. "So, why didn't you take a Strike Team? And why, exactly, did she stab you after you turned your back on her when you should have CUT HER HEAD IN HALF!"

Terry576
2010-10-10, 02:42 PM
The interest in the point grows.

"Well, I did take a Strike Team, and told them to cover all points, to prevent the Arrancar from getting backup. She stabbed me because she was frozen, and I forgot that I don't control spiritual ice, just regular ice."

This would be more believable if she knew he had a Bankai, that does control spiritual ice.

Oh Karite, you and your plan to hide your abilities.

Kayne650
2010-10-10, 02:46 PM
Seiko listened for a while to the discussion between Karite and Natsuko, and decided soon afterward that it would be intelligent of him to leave. He mumbled a goodbye and then swiftly made his exit.

In the main barracks, he started looking for either Feiyan-san or Udeoshi-taichou. The sword was definitely not there at Karite's entry point, nor had any of the villagers taken it. It appeared to have simply stopped existing. And Seiko wanted to know what could possibly have caused a Zanpakutou to vanish.

And what effect that would have on the Shinigami.

horngeek
2010-10-10, 02:47 PM
"And still leaving an opponent alive. Honestly, Karite, that was a stupid move any way you look at it."

Terry576
2010-10-10, 02:54 PM
Karite glared at Natsuko.

"I'm well aware, but I've got a more pressing problem. Where's my sword? It's nowhere, and nobody else could find it. So, Natsuko-taichou, where's. My. SWORD!?!?!"

He tries to sit up when he begins to scream, and falls back down, groaning.

Kayne650
2010-10-10, 03:08 PM
Damn, Seiko cursed inwardly. At this rate, Karite was going to seriously hurt himself.

"Where is Udeoshi-taichou?!" He demanded of the passing Shinigami as he ran through the barracks. He had to find Udeoshi, and quickly. Karite's sword was gone, and something was wrong with his reiatsu. Seiko couldn't say what, but to his senses, something was wrong with Karite, and Udeoshi was probably the only person who could figure out what it was.

Viera Champion
2010-10-10, 04:12 PM
So... now that the party is all over and stuff, and Yuuki is sober and awake. Kyasarin is angrily searching for him.

Kuroimaken
2010-10-10, 05:42 PM
"Karite-fukutaichou. If you could perhaps cull some of your anger? You're not the only patient in recovery, you know."

It was Kazuma. For once, he didn't have his shades on, so his eerily dark purple eyes were visible. They had a slightly glassy look, and the Shinigami looked fairly pale. Blood loss would do that.

He was covered in bandages too, and an unseated 4th divisioner was trying to get him to return to his bed.

Terry576
2010-10-10, 05:55 PM
Karite lays back in bed, and says with an undertone of rage,

"Kazuma-kun, you can't complain.

You still have your sword, your other being. Mine... Has vanished."

horngeek
2010-10-10, 06:01 PM
"Yes, and if you had decided to actually follow protocol on this, you would probably still have it.

I can't overlook this, Karite. I'm docking your pay until ten days have passed. If you're still unable to return to duty by then, you're on half pay until you can. That said, all patrols will be on lookout for your Zanpaktou, and once you're physically recovered, you can go and look for it."

Natsuko's tone allows no argument.

strawberryman
2010-10-10, 06:20 PM
"As I understand it, Lieutenant Mitsukai, your actions were highly irresponsible, and as a representative of your squad, as well as a high-ranking officer, you should know better." Ryouichi steps in, a grave frown on his face, and letting his reiatsu loose just enough to make it uncomfortable for those nearby.

"And if you truly wish the best for your division, you should not seek to worsen your situation by antagonizing officers from outside the 13th." With that, he turns to Natsuko, with a wane smile. "Anything else I should be aware of? Hopefully you aren't under too much stress from this, Natsuko-san."

horngeek
2010-10-10, 06:22 PM
Natsuko is scowling. "Just really annoyed at the moment. If this happened in about a week from now, we might have problems, but not now. But can you tone down the reiatsu a little, Soutaichou?"

He'll notice Natsuko is using her own reiatsu to protect her child from any potential harm from his reiatsu.

Steilos
2010-10-10, 06:32 PM
Hideyaki was back at his desk three days after the 'party' as if nothing has happened. In truth, it hadn't, but that was changing, it seemed. News had spread about Karite's rather undignified arrival back from his patrol, and just what that meant. Something had gone wrong, obviously, but Hideyaki had absolutely no idea what.

Besides, it wasn't his problem - although he'd have to talk with Emet later about it - and therefore warranted none of his time. Picking up another sheet of paper, he continues to write.

Terry576
2010-10-10, 06:58 PM
Karite grows surly temporarily, then grins wickedly.

"Wait, so I'm unpaid right now correct?

I'd like to speak to Taiki-taichou for a few minutes, if you don't mind.

I want to speak with someone, in his jail."

Callos_DeTerran
2010-10-10, 07:13 PM
Osamu

"So lively for someone so injured! That really takes me back." the raspy voice comes from the dignified, if bent backed, figure who had silently stepped in while Natsuko had been berating her subordinate. Osamu had a warm smile on his face, even as he uses his own zanpakuto as a cane to walk with. "I'm certain your visit can wait though Karite-kun, I have some questions that I would like to ask you about this Privaron. Information about potential enemies is key after all."

Though it was a bit odd for the oldest living shinigami to be doing such tasks himself, usually he delegated the duty to his Vice-Captain or seated officers to save some of the strain on himself.

"With your permission Natsuko-chan, of course." He says politely, giving a nod of his head towards the pregnant woman, "Nothing too intensive that would strain your man's injuries further then he already has, but the Seireitei's records on the former Espada and Espada are woefully bare and this is an excellent chance to begin remedying this problem as well as extend our understanding of that thrice-cursed Elder."

horngeek
2010-10-10, 07:16 PM
Natsuko nods. "Feel free."

Kuroimaken
2010-10-10, 07:57 PM
"Natsuko-sama, I had hoped we would meet under better circunstances. No doubt the situation seems... unsightly." Kazuma offered in respect. "I have some tea leaves that I have been cultivating of late that you may find very good. According to my sources, they are particularly good for expecting mothers, as they improve blood circulation." The 11th divisioner sounded quite humble, almost meek, in front of Natsuko. For some reason, the fact she was pregnant... got to him somehow. It almost begged for him to break the wall he usually put between those he barely knew and himself, but he couldn't tell why.

Maybe it's the radiant glow expecting mothers have.

strawberryman
2010-10-10, 08:03 PM
Karite grows surly temporarily, then grins wickedly.

"Wait, so I'm unpaid right now correct?

I'd like to speak to Taiki-taichou for a few minutes, if you don't mind.

I want to speak with someone, in his jail."

Ryouichi eyes Karite suspiciously, before turning back to Natsuko with a nod, then giving a slight bow to Osamu. "Lieutenant Mitsukai, perhaps you should focus on Captain Osamu for the time being. As well as recovering your wounds."

He then turns to Kazuma. "You were also on the Joint-Op, yes? Care to tell me how many are in recovery?"

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-10, 10:06 PM
[Earlier, at the 13th Division walkway]

Alysha had come through the gate, not far behind Nasumi and Kyou. She was helping Hachirou, and was glad to see others from her division present.

She called for a stretcher, and helped Hachirou onto it. Then she started helping with getting the injured to the 4th division.

[Present, 4th Division]

Alysha is carrying out her normal duties at the barracks. She wasn't skilled enough to do any of the major healing yet, but she is able to do minor to moderate healing. So, she's been going from patient to patient, checking on them, administering what she can.

And it is currently Kazuma's turn.

However, as Ryouichi is currently speaking to Kazuma, she waits, standing at the side of his bed, hands held behind her back. She didn't want to be rude and interrupt.

tgva8889
2010-10-10, 10:15 PM
[Three Days Earlier]

Natsuko looks at him. "Yeah, I am. Still dealing with these mood swings, feel bloated, can't fight... but I'm carrying our child. That outweighs anything else, to me."

Taiki's eyes shift slightly. "You're sure? You don't seem to be totally content with the situation. I want to help, if I can."

Kuroimaken
2010-10-10, 10:33 PM
"That is correct, sir. Near as I can tell, everyone's got some extent of injury or exhaustion, except maybe Zaraki-san. I got careless... so I ended up getting some bruises for my troubles. Nothing some Kidou and a good night's rest can't fix." The 4th divisioner in charge of his treatment would be inclined to disagree, but it was kind of hard to argue against Kazuma. He just had that kind of vibe. Or maybe that particular 4th divisioner just happened to be a pushover.

"Frankly... just feeling what the Reiatsu from that thing was, it's a small miracle we've got no casualties. I'm not surprised Karite-fukutaichou ended up fighting it to a draw." It was kind of funny to see the 11th divisioner address a Vice-Captain by first name and rank, rather than surname and rank. With practically anyone else Kazuma seemed to have more care with protocol.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-10, 10:38 PM
Kazuma may find that the 4th divisioner that will now treat him will be a little bit harder to disobey.

strawberryman
2010-10-10, 10:52 PM
Ryouichi nods to Kazuma with a thoughtful expression. "Thank you, soldier. As disappointed as I may be in some of you..." Karite may feel he is being referred to. "I am quite glad you all came back alive. But don't push yourself too hard, we have the 4th division for a reason, and not being in good shape can lead to slip-ups." He smiles slightly before departing the recovery room, with a bow to his fellow Captains.

Next stop... the 12th division. The Commander takes out a note on the way there, looking somewhere between tired yet motivated. Upon entering the Headquarters, his first destination is his fellow Captain's office (or lab, as it were).

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-10, 10:57 PM
Now that Ryouichi has left, Alysha can begin her work!

Alright, Kazuma. Time for me to check on you. Now, please, hold still. And, she'll try to make sure he's laying back before she starts checking him.

Draken
2010-10-10, 11:21 PM
[12th Division Captain's Office with Lab Anex]

Kazuo greets Ryouichi with one raised hand, behind a stack of paper not unlike several other stacks of paper covering his desk like a wall, the eight stalks of his shikai writing furiously.

"Greetings Commander-General, what brings you to the 12th division today?"

strawberryman
2010-10-10, 11:28 PM
[12th Division]

Ryouichi raises his eyebrows at the paperwork. "Don't have a file-cabinet, Kazuo-san?" With a shrug, he approaches the desk, pushing the envelope forward. "I figured I would deliver your budget assessment in person. I trimmed a little fat, so you'll be getting more money for the R&D department."

Kayne650
2010-10-10, 11:36 PM
Seiko walks back into the room, looking confused. "Was that the Commander-General?" he asks, bewildered. Then he sees the other captain present.

"Osamu-taichou, it's rather a surprise to see you here." Seiko says, bowing at precisely the right hight for a Vice-Captain to a Captain. His manners are impeccable. "Natsuko-taichou, I've sent for Udeoshi-taichou. If he's not busy, he should be here shortly."

Then he sees that Kazuma is awake. He'd been waiting for this. He cracked his knuckles and approached the 8th seat. "Pardon me for one second, Captains. I need to speak with my subordinate." He puts an odd emphasis on the word speaks, and it's an emphasis that Kazuma would know all too well. Michiko is awfully fond of it. It's an emphasis that usually ends in pain for the one being spoken to.

"Kazuma-kun." Seiko began, putting his hand on Kazuma's bedside. "Would you care to explain how you obtained these injuries? Perhaps, like Karite, you too were fighting the Privaron?" Seiko's face displays only concern for his subordinate, but to Kazuma, it shows only danger. All too familiar danger.

Draken
2010-10-10, 11:41 PM
One of the stalks rears up at the envelope, taking it down to the level of Kazuo's visor.

"This is a sizeable boost in budget Ryouichi, you have some special project you want us to pursue?"

horngeek
2010-10-10, 11:42 PM
[Three Days Ago]

Natsuko smiles. "Nah, just me complaining. But it's worth it."

tgva8889
2010-10-10, 11:46 PM
[Three Days Ago]

Natsuko smiles. "Nah, just me complaining. But it's worth it."

Taiki smiles and sits up in the bed. "Of course." He slips out of the bed without disturbing it at all and pulls a robe from the closet. "I'm feeling a bit hungry. Would you like me to bring you breakfast?"

horngeek
2010-10-10, 11:48 PM
Natsuko smiles. "Yes, please."

[Now]

Natsuko exits Karite's hospital room, and starts heading over to Ude for her check-up.

strawberryman
2010-10-10, 11:52 PM
"Nothing in particular, Kazuo-san." Ryouichi puts his arms behind his back. "As noted, however, I'd like half of these extra funds to go to arms and defense, another quarter to transportation, preferably battle-worthy as such, and the rest for whatever you see fit. I trust your innovation, Kazuo-san."

"I have nothing but a hunch that the times ahead may be troubled..." For a moment, the Commander looks about a century older... before he sighs, and recovers his (relative) youth. "If we are lucky, we won't have a need for them. But as a Commander I have learned to account for the worst while hoping for the best. Any questions before I take my leave?"

tgva8889
2010-10-10, 11:54 PM
Three Days Ago

Taiki leaves and returns with a tray carrying enough breakfast for the both of them. He sets it down on the bed, sits next to Natsuko, and offers her some food, grinning the whole way. "After you and the kid."

Once they've eaten (assuming nothing happens during the meal), Taiki sighs contentedly and falls back into the pillow behind him. "I could just stay in today. They wouldn't miss me. Probably." Sighing a bit more laboriously, Taiki sits up and gets out of bed, pulling his official Captain's uniform from the closet. "Unfortunately I suppose I have to be in the office today, as usual. I'd get complaints from the division and such. I'll come home early, though! No late nights for a while."

horngeek
2010-10-10, 11:57 PM
Natsuko smiles. "All right. I'm going in tomorrow and the day after, but then I'm taking leave until after I've recovered from the birth."

tgva8889
2010-10-11, 12:04 AM
Taiki nods as he heads out the door. He turns back at the door frame and winks at her, smiling in his goofy way. "See you tonight, then."

Now

Taiki walks by Natsuko, on his way from another infirmary room, and does a double-take. "Natsuko? Hun, aren't you supposed to have the day off?"

horngeek
2010-10-11, 12:08 AM
"Bloody Karite ignoring basic rules of fighting Hollows. Like not turning your back on them unless you're sure they're dead."

tgva8889
2010-10-11, 12:10 AM
Taiki grumbles. "Damn him. I'll kick his ass myself."

horngeek
2010-10-11, 12:12 AM
"And now I'm going to Ude for a checkup."

Draken
2010-10-11, 12:13 AM
"I guess I will pull project Koutetsu out of the files and put in in the works in this case, hoho, this should be fun, the prototype test videos are so very fun to watch. I bet it could even match up toe to toe with one of Las Noches' Menos Colossi."

Kuroimaken
2010-10-11, 12:16 AM
Kazuma wouldn't make Alysha's job any more complicated than it needed to be. He laid back even as Seiko approached.

It was a funny thing, but Kazuma seemed to be a glutton for punishment. Despite knowing all too well what Seiko's tone meant, his expression was one of almost complete relaxation.

"Not the case, sir. I was busy dealing with other Hollows. The Privaron showed up near another team - by the time mine reached it, they'd been going at it for some time now. I was delayed by a quartet of Hollows that proved more capable than the others."

tgva8889
2010-10-11, 12:18 AM
"And now I'm going to Ude for a checkup."

"Oooh yeah. I'm here to deal with some mandatory Division appointments. Nothing major. Shall I let you go?"

horngeek
2010-10-11, 12:18 AM
Natsuko nods. "See you at home, then?"

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-11, 12:21 AM
Alysha, still checking on Kazuma, looks up at Seiko.

Um...if it helps, sir...I can confirm that he wasn't there when the, uh, Privaron showed up.

Her voice is a little timid.

strawberryman
2010-10-11, 01:15 AM
"I guess I will pull project Koutetsu out of the files and put in in the works in this case, hoho, this should be fun, the prototype test videos are so very fun to watch. I bet it could even match up toe to toe with one of Las Noches' Menos Colossi."

"Good day, then, Kazuo-san." With a nod, Ryouichi makes his way out, and back to his office.

Kuroimaken
2010-10-11, 10:12 AM
Wounds-wise, Kazuma had some superficial lacerations, a couple of puncture wounds here and there, some scorch marks as though from electric burns... But most curious amongst them (assuming Alysha had the means to check) was that some of his bones seemed to be cracked (though not broken) in some places where the tissue was unaffected. It was almost like they'd been affected with a direct impact.

Frozen_Feet
2010-10-11, 11:04 AM
[4th Division, two rooms to the left from Karite's]

"... her outward appearance and powers matched with Auset, one of the known Espada... or former Espada, from the sounds of it." Hachirou dictates his report to one of his fellow officers. He's lying prone on a hospital bed, with his glasses on a nearby table and his burned face and arms covered in bandages. His injuries had only been minor, but restoring his reiryuku had already left two unseated gasping for breath and they still hadn't been able to restore it to a level where they could actually mend his wounds. Hachirou is still also too tired to twitch a muscle - or maybe he's just lazy and relishing the chance to get some rest.

At least his colleague suspects so.

"And what about the other one?", he asks.

Hachirou sighs. "Didn't identify it. It was tall, maybe 8 feet or more, and pale. I'm pretty sure it was an Arrancar as well. Mask fragment covered lover half of its face. I only gave it a cursory glance, didn't catch many details through the rain. I left it to Allan Crossdale of 13th division and went after the first enemy." The officer quickly writes this down on his notepad.

"And that's the last you remember of him?"

"Yes. I had it trapped firmly in Bakudo 63, I was sure Allan could take it on. I have no idea how it escaped." It's clear the 13th seat isn't overly happy about that particular miscalculation of his, so he decides to change the subject. "Did you manage to track it, by the way?"

Now it's the other officer's turn to sigh. "No. We didn't pick it up from among the lesser Hollows until it ran straight at you, and it vanished abruptly after fighting Akio-dono. Surveillance didn't detect any use of Garganta after the fight. There was no breach in dimensional integrity, so we had nothing to lock on to. Sorry."

Hachirou furrows his brow. "So I take it you'll have to wait for Akio's report to get anywhere?"

"Yes."

"So he and Allan... have they returned yet?"

" . . . "

[3rd Division grounds]

Nasumi is quickly skipping towards her new assigned division. She had first gone towards 10th, then 6th, by memory, until finding the right course. Her face is beaming red - both from berating herself from getting lost, and embarrasment due to her new Shihakusho. They had given her an intact one in the 4th, but it's too short, leaving half of her shins and forearms bare, and much too tight; it had been a struggle to stretch the cloth properly over her bust. She's very much hoping no-one will pay her any attention.

After giving her report to 13th division ("I don't really know, we were so far from others an we fought so many Hollows, and then Kazuma-san got wounded and I really couldn't let him fool around and..."), she had initially thought about going to see Kazuma, but after seeing her wounds were non-existent, they had told her to report back in her own division first.

So, now Nasumi's heading towards Koishima Daisuke's office - she'd been told the youthful 3rd seat would be the go-to person for her platoon. She turns even redder when she remembers what she managed to blurt out when she first saw him ("He's so tiny! I could pick him up and throw him in the air.") Hopefully, he would not remember the case anymore.

Soon enough, she knocks on his office door...

[Kido Corps grounds]

Sayuri had left work before the news of the joint-op disaster had reached 1st division - unusual for her, but she had more pressing and personal matters to take care of.

Dressed in her freetime clothes, the dark blue yukata with cloud patterns, she waits for Vice-Commander Yuuta at the Corps gates. Curiously enough, she's holding a brightly decorated gift-bottle of fine Sake - this catches the attention of several Junior members who are spending their time outside.

What could be going on?

[Maggot's Nest]

One 'undred 'n' ninety-eight... One 'undred 'n' ninety-nine... two 'hundred...

Having nothing better to do in his dark prison, Hannibal Magalhaes is doing push-ups with seemingly inexhaustible vigor, sweat drops falling from his brow on the dusty stone floor. After all, just being locked up is no excuse to let one's self waste away, and physical extertion has always helped him to forget his frustration and loneliness.

It's not working so well now, though. His three days in the Seki-Seki cell have not been fun - he constantly feels pressed from all sides, as if the walls were trying to push him and keep him at the center of the room. In his normal cell, he'd sometimes gotten away with punching the walls to pass time, but here, he'd nearly broken his fist with first try, because the deathstone had reflected all force he could muster straight back at him. Stone is not supposed to punch back, dammit!

Oh well. Just few more days, and they'll let me out. That's the thought that has kept him in his senses for two centuries now. What's the point of locking someone up if ye don't plan to let 'em go one day? If they'd wanted to get rid of me for good, they'd have put me before the firebird long ago...

The note Taiki had thrown at him is still lying on the floor. The ex-captain hadn't even touched it.

From the corner, a battered hannya-mask leers at him. Even though it's dark, he still somehow feels it lying there where he threw it in rage yesterday. Gritting his teeth, Hannibal lowers himself to the ground and gives it an angry look. Dammit! Stop mocking me, ye worthless piece'o'****!

Maybe his long incarceration is finally starting to get at him - who knows?

A bitter frown spreads on his face.

I want out.

Kayne650
2010-10-11, 11:25 AM
Kazuma wouldn't make Alysha's job any more complicated than it needed to be. He laid back even as Seiko approached.

It was a funny thing, but Kazuma seemed to be a glutton for punishment. Despite knowing all too well what Seiko's tone meant, his expression was one of almost complete relaxation.

"Not the case, sir. I was busy dealing with other Hollows. The Privaron showed up near another team - by the time mine reached it, they'd been going at it for some time now. I was delayed by a quartet of Hollows that proved more capable than the others."

Wounds-wise, Kazuma had some superficial lacerations, a couple of puncture wounds here and there, some scorch marks as though from electric burns... But most curious amongst them (assuming Alysha had the means to check) was that some of his bones seemed to be cracked (though not broken) in some places where the tissue was unaffected. It was almost like they'd been affected with a direct impact.

Seiko's tone stayed dangerously quiet. "Kazuma-kun, we both know that you are very capable in battle. Surely, a group of ordinary Hollows could have slowed you down, but not given you these wounds. Either there's something you're not telling me, or you've gotten sloppy, Kazuma-kun. If you were aware of the Privaron Espada, then surely you used every means at your disposal to dispatch the Hollows you were engaging in order to assist your allies, correct?"

Alysha, still checking on Kazuma, looks up at Seiko.

Um...if it helps, sir...I can confirm that he wasn't there when the, uh, Privaron showed up.

Her voice is a little timid.

"And I'm not blaming him for not knowing about it, but I'm making sure that once he knew of it, he made every effort to aid his allies against it."

"Also, what are these injuries from?" Seiko asks, indicating the cracked bones on Kazuma's body. A lifetime of fighting and studying how best to hurt the human body had taught Seiko to recognize problems and weaknesses in others. "Ms...ah..." Seiko trailed off, realizing that he doesn't know Alysha's name.

Kuroimaken
2010-10-11, 11:34 AM
"I will reiterate, sir. I got careless." Kazuma admitted. "I used a number of Hollows I recognized as being stronger than average to test a combat technique I've been developing. They were stronger than I anticipated, however, so they ended up hurting me more than I expected." Alysha would find it quite strange that there were no bruises where Kazuma's bones were cracked.

"I apologize for not being able to render better assistance to our allies."

Moon Wolf
2010-10-11, 11:53 AM
((OOC: Again, sorry for not being on yesterday.))

Yuuki

As a captain, Yuuki figured that after a good sleep, he would be fine to get up and continue on with his duties. So he got up....and promptly fell over. Muffled swears could be heard from his office. Then, he froze. Oh crap...wasn't Kyasa-chan....kind of supposed to kill me?

Feiyan

Feiyan rushed down the halls. The Joint Ops mission is back! That means people to heal! She skidded around the corner, and after getting directions from a frazzled unseated, she took off again. Wait, have you even pulled out all the glass from your right side yet? Saezuki asked in concern. Nope! Feiyan grinned cheerfully. With that, she slowed herself and entered the room where some of the Joint Ops victims patients were being cared for.

Kayne650
2010-10-11, 11:58 AM
Seiko sighed. Wasn't one of the main tenants of the 11th division to give one's all against all opponents? Of course, such behavior was not uncommon from Kazuma. Seiko stood up (he had been leaning down to speak to Kazuma) and looked with an odd mixture of pity and sympathy at Kazuma.

"I'm a little disappointed in you, Kazuma-kun. Actual battle situations such as the one you were in are not the proper time or place for experimenting. I'll let it slide this time because I've made similar mistakes myself, but I don't want to see this happen again. And once you've recovered, I want to see you in the 4th sparring ground in our division grounds. There I'll see for myself if this was just you being careless, or if you've actually gotten rusty. Dull blades are of no use in our division, Kazuma-kun."

Seiko's tone seemed a little harsh, but it was easy for Kazuma to tell that this came from genuine concern. It was odd, and rather unprecedented in the 11th division for someone high in the ranks to actually care for their subordinates, but that was what the 11th division had become under Michiko-taichou.

InyutheBeatIs
[2nd Division]

Sigint had been meditating, discussing the possibility of attack on Soul Society, when Taganjuu called attention to the fact that Yuuki was now awake. So, Sigint had walked out of his Inner World, and back into reality. Sure enough, Yuuki was wide awake. So, Sigint crawled out of his quarters and proceeded to walk towards the Captain's Office.

When he reaches it, he knocks on the door with his left hand.

Viera Champion
Head of security sees all! So she quickly shunpos to Yuuki's location.

Moon Wolf
2010-10-11, 12:00 PM
Yuuki proceeds to get up. Walking a few steps, he doesn't fall. Come in! He called, preparing for Armageddon.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-11, 12:02 PM
Sigint opens the door, revealing that he's not the person that was going to kill Yuuki a thousand times. He bows towards him. "Captain. How are you feeling?"

Viera Champion
2010-10-11, 12:02 PM
And Kyasarin is standing right behind him. An evil look on her face.
Gambling, eh?

Kuroimaken
2010-10-11, 12:06 PM
Seiko sighed. Wasn't one of the main tenants of the 11th division to give one's all against all opponents? Of course, such behavior was not uncommon from Kazuma. Seiko stood up (he had been leaning down to speak to Kazuma) and looked with an odd mixture of pity and sympathy at Kazuma.

"I'm a little disappointed in you, Kazuma-kun. Actual battle situations such as the one you were in are not the proper time or place for experimenting. I'll let it slide this time because I've made similar mistakes myself, but I don't want to see this happen again. And once you've recovered, I want to see you in the 4th sparring ground in our division grounds. There I'll see for myself if this was just you being careless, or if you've actually gotten rusty. Dull blades are of no use in our division, Kazuma-kun."

Seiko's tone seemed a little harsh, but it was easy for Kazuma to tell that this came from genuine concern. It was odd, and rather unprecedented in the 11th division for someone high in the ranks to actually care for their subordinates, but that was what the 11th division had become under Michiko-taichou.

As unusual as it might be, Kazuma was able to recognize it for what it was.

"Understood, sir."

He knew Seiko didn't mean to simply berate him for his wounds. That wasn't like the 11th either, after all.

Moon Wolf
2010-10-11, 12:12 PM
Ehehe.... Yuuki looked at Kyasarin. I'm fine, I just can't help thinking that you're probably going to beat me like a rag doll.

Kayne650
2010-10-11, 12:13 PM
As unusual as it might be, Kazuma was able to recognize it for what it was.

"Understood, sir."

He knew Seiko didn't mean to simply berate him for his wounds. That wasn't like the 11th either, after all.

"All right then. Now, if you give the 4th division any more trouble, I will personally come here and sever the tendons in your limbs to keep you still. Do I make myself perfectly clear?" It was impossible to tell if Seiko was joking or not. "I would hate to do that, it would keep you bedridden for so much longer.

Viera Champion
2010-10-11, 12:16 PM
Ehehe.... Yuuki looked at Kyasarin. I'm fine, I just can't help thinking that you're probably going to beat me like a rag doll.

What? No! I just paid for a very hefty party/ drinkig contest bill with your personal salary.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-11, 12:17 PM
Sigint preemptively holds his arm out to block Kyasarin from getting any closer to Yuuki. "Not now, Kyasarin-sama."

"I wanted to report that, while you were unconscious, I took the liberty of overseeing the duties that your Corps. was assigned, as well as the others who were unavailable. Of course, I only did this when Kyasarin-sama was also unavailable as well. The paperwork should be on your desk. I tried to be as non-invasive as possible."

Terry576
2010-10-11, 12:18 PM
Karite looks left.

Then right.

Then it hits him..

"Oh no oh no oh no oh no! I can't be in the hospital for the next few months! It'll ruin all my plans! Like finding my sword! And not being in the hospital!

LET ME OUT!"

Kuroimaken
2010-10-11, 12:25 PM
"All right then. Now, if you give the 4th division any more trouble, I will personally come here and sever the tendons in your limbs to keep you still. Do I make myself perfectly clear?" It was impossible to tell if Seiko was joking or not. "I would hate to do that, it would keep you bedridden for so much longer.

"I would have to work by dragging myself with my teeth, sir. But if it isn't much trouble, could you sever Karite-fukutaichou's voicebox instead? His screams are giving me a headache..."

Moon Wolf
2010-10-11, 12:30 PM
You WHAT?!? Yuuki shouted, nearly losing his balance and falling again. D-define hefty for me, how much did that cost? He said, trying not to let the annoyance that bordered on anger creep into his voice. And thanks-Sigint-kun. He sighed.

Viera Champion
2010-10-11, 12:32 PM
Hmmm well over all I think we had about seventy five drinks. Plus the repairs to the walls.

Kayne650
2010-10-11, 12:33 PM
"I would have to work by dragging myself with my teeth, sir. But if it isn't much trouble, could you sever Karite-fukutaichou's voicebox instead? His screams are giving me a headache..."

Seiko laughed at that. "I suppose that I could, but he isn't my subordinate, and it might cause some problems if I go around severing things in the middle of the 4th division. And there are so many witnesses..." Seiko said a little wistfully.

"But actually, Karite-san seems a bit louder than usual. Where is Udeoshi-taichou? Karite-san's condition seems to be worsening."

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-11, 12:36 PM
"Basically, Captain," Sigint started, "you might have to take a loan to pay it all."

He said all that in a completely straight man kind of way.

Kuroimaken
2010-10-11, 12:42 PM
"He seems particularly distraught by the loss of his sword. I can't say that I blame him. But he's in no position to go gallivanting around looking for it... I hoped there was a Bakudou for silence." Kazuma noted. "Sazan'ou is right here by my bedside, and it seems fully intent on lecturing me at length for my actions. Damned old man can't leave well enough alone, it seems."

KnightDisciple
2010-10-11, 12:51 PM
The tapping of a staff on the floor announces...someone...is coming.

After a few moments, it's revealed as Yoshi, walking into the area holding Kazuma. He appears tired, but uninjured and at least moderately energetic.

"I'll see what I can do about that, Kazuma. Vice-Captain Seiko, a pleasure."

He gives a small bow, further emphasizing his almost "under-dressed" nature. No labcoat, no weapon belt, nothing but the normal Shinigami Seated Officer clothing that he wore, and the staff of his Zanpakutou at his side. He walks a bit closer.

"Sorry to hear you're going to be out of commission for a while. I was "lucky" in only being heavily drained; they got me up to about half my optimum, and said if I take it easy, I'll be able to get the rest on my own."

His smile falls a bit.

"Sorry I or the others didn't back you up. That whole operation turned into one giant furball of disaster. I don't blame you for not showing up, though. The few glimpses I got told me you seemed to keep attracting the attention of the "small-fry" Hollows. Which tend to be deadly in groups. Anyways, I'm just visiting a few people here and there before I leave. Good day."

He gave both Seiko and Kazuma a small bow before turning and walking away...towards Karite's bed. When he was at that section, just a couple feet from the bed, he stopped. His face was set into something of a scowl.

"How dare you talk about plans? Hachirou's still in horrible shape, they can't even properly heal him yet! Kyou's not even conscious yet, and I'm only in the "good" shape I am because I had my gear with me. We were fighting tooth and nail for our lives against that Arrancar. You were there, Vice-Captain Karite. You saw that we couldn't even retreat, because retreat would have opened one or more of us to attack.

You should know, since you stood by and did nothing while we fought for our lives!"

His voice raises in volume and intensity, and he slams his staff against the floor.

"You didn't need to do anything flashy, or release you shikai, to help. Just using some kido and your sword could have given us an opening to escape. Then, you could have released, and maybe even beaten that creature! Instead, you stood by, asking the the beast to calmly go off somewhere else with you so it could die. What, did you think she was an utter moron? What sort of Hollow would do that, when they had easier meals in the form of our patrol group! But no!"

He starts pacing, his eyes never leaving Karite's prone form.

"You complain about "ruined plans". About your sword not being at your side. Well, I'm sure we'll recover it. Give the 12th some time, and I wager we can find it. In fact, I'll be generous and actually helpful and start the process when I get back to 12th myself. But not until you listen to me."

He stops and points one finger at Karite.

"I hope you stay here for months. I hope Natsuko doesn't pay you anything for that whole time. Because that's still nothing compared to watching you stand there like some spectator at a sporting even while we fought for our lives. Just so you could look a little better in your fight. I say fie to that. I hope it takes us weeks to find your sword. I hope you appreciate what feeling nearly helpless feels like. Then maybe you'll show yourself worthy of being a Shinigami, let alone a Vice-Captain. I'm not sure what you had to do to get that rank, but I'm starting to doubt you earned it honestly."

With that, Yoshi turns and walks out, heading for Hachirou's room.

Terry576
2010-10-11, 12:58 PM
Karite lays coolly, unphased.

He's heard worse. He's had worse. It's hard to compare being yelled at by a seated officer to losing his sword.

"Hey, you don't have to take that from him... You're a Vice Captain aren't you? So why are you just sitting there?

Che. Weakling."

Karite looks around, searching for the voice that wasn't there.

But of course, there's nobody around.

He lies back down, and closes his eyes.

"What's going on with me these past weeks...? I'm out of practice, but I nearly killed four Shinigami.

Maybe I should ask Natsuko for some lessons on how to deal with my bloody sword after I find it again..."

Moon Wolf
2010-10-11, 01:25 PM
Yuuki stared at her. Now he really was mad. Do you have any idea how stupid that was, Kyasarin?

Dorizzit
2010-10-11, 01:27 PM
Kido Corps
Grounds

Iwaki strides through the grounds of the Kido Corps, taking his time as he progresses. He has been lost in thought recently, thinking about the mission several days ago. It had been his first combat mission for the Shinigami. An interesting experience. It had also been a violent and dangerous one. Iwaki had been very lucky and avoided harm, but several of the others had received injuries of varying levels of severity. He had made very brief visits to some of the others who were hospitalized, but he tended to get in the way in the Fourth Division buildings due to his size and he had avoided staying for long. It was something, though. Sighing lightly, he continues on towards his destination.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-11, 01:30 PM
Yuuki stared at her. Now he really was mad. Do you have any idea how stupid that was, Kyasarin?

Sigint held his hand up. "Captain, if I may, can I please ask to delay any disciplinary action towards Kyasarin-sama long enough for me to inquire about something and leave you two alone?"

((This is during the timeskip, where Karite is laying on a stretcher right now, right?))

Moon Wolf
2010-10-11, 01:31 PM
Yuuki sighed. Fine, Sigint-kun, ask away.

((Yes, this is after/during the time skip.))

Viera Champion
2010-10-11, 01:32 PM
Kyasarin is preparing to run.
I can guess.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-11, 01:34 PM
Yuuki sighed. Fine, Sigint-kun, ask away.

((Yes, this is after/during the time skip.))

Sigint glanced at Kyasarin, then looked at Yuuki. "I was wondering how we should react to the incident with the Joint-Patrol that went out to the mortal realm three days ago."

Moon Wolf
2010-10-11, 01:35 PM
Yuuki already has his suspicions on where this is going. And what are you proposing that we do?

Viera Champion
2010-10-11, 01:36 PM
Kyasarin sighs, and sits down, knowing she should hear this too.

Also, Inyu, go ahead and start the plot Noe. The Chris one.

Kuroimaken
2010-10-11, 01:38 PM
Kazuma barely got the chance to collect his thoughts as Yoshi presented himself. He was about to reply and say that he couldn't blame Yoshi or any of the others for not coming to his aid, considering the monster they were up against.

Perhaps more shocking to the 11th divisioner was to find out that there were a number of people demonstrating actual concern for him. Alysha, Yoshi, Seiko, Nasumi... They all showed they were worried to see that he had injured himself, despite it merely being the nature of his duty to fight. It was a very unusual feeling for him.

I shouldn't worry everybody like this. I guess I'm going to have to take it easy with my training for a couple of days...

He couldn't rationalize why so many different people were worried. Alysha was in the 4th, it was at the very least her duty to worry about the health of other Shinigami. Seiko had to make sure his subordinates wouldn't go gung-ho and get themselves killed.

But neither Yoshi nor Nasumi had any particular reason for caring, duty-wise. Well, maybe Nasumi, she probably wouldn't want to have to place flowers on a new grave. But even so.

Camarederie. What a strange concept.

That's when he heard Karite getting another dressing-down, this time from a companion who WAS there. Despite not having been in their shoes, Kazuma would have a few choice words for that behavior. But he wouldn't say them. It seemed punishment enough that all others were taking the time to address the Vice-Captain's behavior.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-11, 01:39 PM
Yuuki already has his suspicions on where this is going. And what are you proposing that we do?

Sigint shakes his head. "I'm...not sure. This incident...brought back the warnings Taganjuu gave me around the same time the patrol left. I can't ignore it. I think this is a metaphorical warning shot. The next one might not be so easily mended."

"As for action, I was hoping you could tell me what needs to be done. But, I am inclined to suggest using this as a foundation for reinforcing our defenses."

Moon Wolf
2010-10-11, 01:43 PM
Yuuki sighed. Sigint, I am well aware that the patrol engaged in combat with arrancar. And I know that the arrancar, or at least one of them, was quite strong. I know you've got only the best in mind, but don't be too eager. I'll make sure to bring the issue of defence up at the next captain's meeting, and see what the CG and the others have to say about it. And if we do end up moving into a position where we need to take action of some kind, I'll make sure you get your fair share of it. Sound like a fair trade?

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-11, 02:04 PM
Yuuki sighed. Sigint, I am well aware that the patrol engaged in combat with arrancar. And I know that the arrancar, or at least one of them, was quite strong. I know you've got only the best in mind, but don't be too eager. I'll make sure to bring the issue of defence up at the next captain's meeting, and see what the CG and the others have to say about it. And if we do end up moving into a position where we need to take action of some kind, I'll make sure you get your fair share of it. Sound like a fair trade?

Sigint looks down. "My concern isn't that I am a part of this so much as it is that we are safe. I don't want us to have an enemy we can't fight back. However, if you feel I am adequately prepared for the job, I will be honored if you do decide to have me participate." Sigint sounds sincere. In fact, he truly is. "...Captain...is it right of me to be worried about Karite-fukutaichou's actions and how it applies to the situation?"

Moon Wolf
2010-10-11, 02:17 PM
Well, if he's really been acting as strangely as everyone says, then yes, you have every right to be suspicious. But he isn't our enemy. Not in the slightest. If he starts acting up, you've got my full permission to monitor him, though. Same goes for you, Kyasarin. Yuuki told her without giving her so much as a glance.

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-11, 02:23 PM
Well, if he's really been acting as strangely as everyone says, then yes, you have every right to be suspicious. But he isn't our enemy. Not in the slightest. If he starts acting up, you've got my full permission to monitor him, though. Same goes for you, Kyasarin. Yuuki told her without giving her so much as a glance.

Sigint bows, apparantly satisfied. "Very well. That is all for now. Thank you for listening, Captain. I shall see you later, then." He then turns and bows to Kyasarin. "Kyasarin-sama." He then walks out, and closes the door behind him, going about his duties as usual.

Moon Wolf
2010-10-11, 02:29 PM
Yuuki waved to him. Later, Sigint-kun. He then turns to Kyasarin. Well, have you given it some thought?

Viera Champion
2010-10-11, 02:45 PM
Kyasarin sighs.
Yes...

Moon Wolf
2010-10-11, 02:54 PM
Right. Now then.... Yuuki walked over to his desk, grabbed a massive stack of papers, and dumped them in front of Kyasarin. Why don't you fill these out for me? I think I'll take the afternoon off. That being said, you've got a lot on your plate, so I shouldn't be keeping you. You should get to work. He said with a smile.

Viera Champion
2010-10-11, 03:00 PM
Kyasarin glares at him. Glllllaaarrreeeessss.
Oh he's good. But we'll get him back.
Shut up you.

She starts filling out the paperwork.

KnightDisciple
2010-10-11, 03:43 PM
A little over a minute after Yoshi left Karite's room, he stood at the door of Hachirou's. His expression was one of pained sympathy as he gave a courtesy knock on the door.

"Hachirou, sir, are you able to receive visitors at the moment?"

Frozen_Feet
2010-10-11, 04:59 PM
[4th Division, recovery ward]

The door is opened by the officer who'd been interviewing Hachirou. "You're fine. We just got done with the usual stuff. I'm off the check Yama-dono and Crossdale-kun now." The officer makes way for Yoshi to slip in, then leaves the room and closes the door behind him.

"Hirako-san? What a... pleasure to meet you", Hachirou croaks wearily from his bed. He'd rather be sleeping already. "Was it you shouting to my superior just now?"

Kayne650
2010-10-11, 05:28 PM
[3rd Division grounds]

Nasumi is quickly skipping towards her new assigned division. She had first gone towards 10th, then 6th, by memory, until finding the right course. Her face is beaming red - both from berating herself from getting lost, and embarrasment due to her new Shihakusho. They had given her an intact one in the 4th, but it's too short, leaving half of her shins and forearms bare, and much too tight; it had been a struggle to stretch the cloth properly over her bust. She's very much hoping no-one will pay her any attention.

After giving her report to 13th division ("I don't really know, we were so far from others an we fought so many Hollows, and then Kazuma-san got wounded and I really couldn't let him fool around and..."), she had initially thought about going to see Kazuma, but after seeing her wounds were non-existent, they had told her to report back in her own division first.

So, now Nasumi's heading towards Koishima Daisuke's office - she'd been told the youthful 3rd seat would be the go-to person for her platoon. She turns even redder when she remembers what she managed to blurt out when she first saw him ("He's so tiny! I could pick him up and throw him in the air.") Hopefully, he would not remember the case anymore.

Soon enough, she knocks on his office door...

Daisuke looked up from his work. Was that Sayuri-san already? No, it had only been three days since he'd asked her to help him be more commanding, and she would never have come while he was working. Also, the room's temperature hadn't dropped twenty degrees.

"Come in!" Nasumi would hear a cheery voice from inside say. When she entered, she would see the rare sight of a 13 year-old boy at desk, doing actual paperwork.

"Ah, Nasumi-chan! Can I help you?"

Purple Rose
2010-10-11, 05:55 PM
[Execution Grounds]

It was a solemn event; the execution of a citizen on the soul society. Death in the land of the dead. To earn such a crime required acts so vile that the only solution was to disband the person, wiping their slate clean and letting their soul rejoin the cycle of reincarnation, born anew into the mortal world.

Sakura, Captain of the Third Squad, the one who would deliver final judgment upon the soul that made its way down the ornamental path, walked with precise footfalls, her presence filling the ceremony despite the absolute silence imposed upon all those involved. She leads the condemned man along the path towards the raised platform beneath the towering, ancient oak. When they reach the dais, Sakura turns to face the man. When she finally speaks, her voice cuts through the silence like a blade.

"Terrel Poi, your deeds in this life have earned you the punishment of death, as decreed by the Gottei 13. Do you have any final words you wish to speak?"

The man looks up at her, his hands bond behind his back, and smiles.

"You can kill me, but I promise, my hatred will sustain me even in rebirth. A thousand new lives would not dull my wrath."

He spits on the Captain and grins, waiting for her reaction. Sakura, however, disappoints any expectation of backlash. She simply nods and turns her back on him, stepping forward and lifting the ceremonial sword from its altar.

"Your actions have carried you to this place. Now, this blade shall lift you once more into birth and your sins shall be cleansed."

As she turns back, the man snarls and bares his teeth, rushing towards her with no other intention than to cause whatever pain his limited time permits. Sakura, without any hint of surprise or worry, draws the sword from its sheath and sweeps it forward to meet the man's desperate charge. The weapon cuts halfway through the man, lodging in his chest as his momentum stalls against it.

"Terrel Poi, your sentence has been served."

The Ceremony ended, the grounds cleaned of its necessary mess, another criminal released. Sakura returns to her squad's headquarters, entering silently, her entire demeanor one of deep contemplation. She did not enjoy this part of her possition. But it was one that needed to be done. One that she had fought tooth and nail with the others in the Gottei 13 to allow. No, she did not enjoy executions. But it was far better than the way such affairs ha been handled before her.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-11, 08:54 PM
Seiko laughed at that. "I suppose that I could, but he isn't my subordinate, and it might cause some problems if I go around severing things in the middle of the 4th division. And there are so many witnesses..." Seiko said a little wistfully.

"But actually, Karite-san seems a bit louder than usual. Where is Udeoshi-taichou? Karite-san's condition seems to be worsening."

Alysha giggled a little at Seiko's comment. She thought it was funny.

As for the whereabouts of her superior...

Um, if the Captain isn't in his office, I think he might be at a local restaurant. But, don't worry, he shouldn't be gone long. Not with this many people here.

Alysha did find Kazuma's injuries odd. She'd have to check with him later. In case it's something he doesn't want to share with his superior. Doctor-patient confidentiality and all.

She was about to finish up with Kazuma when Yoshi walked in.

And she stood in shock after he left.

She shifted a little at Kazuma's side, not exactly sure what to do now. Guess that yelling caught her off guard.

Honestly, she wasn't exactly sure why he was getting yelled at. But, then again, she wasn't paying attention to what he was doing when the fight was happening. She was more worried about keeping the unconscious Kyou safe from harm.

She was a little sad to hear that Kyou still hadn't woke up. She'd have to check on her later. After Hachirou.

Wahrheit
2010-10-11, 09:04 PM
Magatsu was leaning against the wall inside the entrance hall of 3rd Division's headquarters, waiting for Sakura. "You look even more somber than usual, Sakura-taichou. No enjoyment of a job well done?"

KnightDisciple
2010-10-12, 12:18 AM
[4th Division, recovery ward]

The door is opened by the officer who'd been interviewing Hachirou. "You're fine. We just got done with the usual stuff. I'm off the check Yama-dono and Crossdale-kun now." The officer makes way for Yoshi to slip in, then leaves the room and closes the door behind him.

"Hirako-san? What a... pleasure to meet you", Hachirou croaks wearily from his bed. He'd rather be sleeping already. "Was it you shouting to my superior just now?"Yoshi steps quietly into the room, standing next to Hachirou's bed.

"It was. I felt I needed to express my feelings regarding that...incident. He doesn't deserve to get off light for that."

He examines Hachirou's current state.

"I won't lie and say you look "great". But you look like you're holding steady. Sadly, I don't do biosciences, so I don't have a handy gadget for such a situation. I mostly just make guns, and a few other trinkets. You're welcome to a couple if you'd like. Once you're recovered, that is. Have they said how long that will take?"