PDA

View Full Version : Avast Ye! (Talk Like A Pirate Day)

Dogmantra
2010-09-18, 07:26 PM
Well, it's 1.25am here, so technically it's International Talk Like a Pirate Day.

I got back a while ago from my dad's band playing a slightly pirate-themed show in a pub. Nearly everyone was dressed as pirates. Including the band. Good times were had by all.

How are you celebrating, you scurvy dogs?

onthetown
2010-09-18, 07:36 PM
September 19th is my birthday.

:smallcool:

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-09-18, 07:43 PM
Arrrrrrrrrr!

WarKitty
2010-09-18, 07:47 PM
Well I'm currently working on my corset-top to go over my burnout stripe shirt. Not sure what to do for the bottom half yet.

Edit: If anyone has any suggestions I'm open! I have a pair of black boots. For bottoms, there's cargo pants, mildly striped jeans, a lace-up pencil skirt, or an old pair of white karate pants tied up at the bottom to look like sailor pants. Oh and a pair of really tight almost-legging black pants. Accessory suggestions also taken!

TheThan
2010-09-18, 08:24 PM
Well lucky me today is the 18th and the annual Scottish games are today, and tomorrow is talk like a pirate day. Coincidence?… possibly.

Thufir
2010-09-18, 08:33 PM
Facebook language set to English (Pirate). Arr.

Admiral Squish
2010-09-18, 08:38 PM
ARR! I be talkin' loik a pirate! That be how I be celebratin' this day!

Gullara
2010-09-18, 08:54 PM
AHHH! I forgot about talk like a pirate day! Only 4 hours to make an avatar.

TheThan
2010-09-18, 08:58 PM
AHHH! I forgot about talk like a pirate day! Only 4 hours to make an avatar.

Come one, that's avatarrrr!

Gullara
2010-09-18, 09:07 PM
Come one, that's avatarrrr!

It's only 8 o' clock here, I can't talk like a pirate until 12.

Cobalt
2010-09-18, 10:16 PM
Arr-

Arrrrrrrrrr!

Aw. I wanted to do that.

About 44 minutes till Pirate Day for me. Though earlier today, I frustrated myself teaching people how to not get lost and die by using a map. Pirates use maps. Right. So that counts.

arrrrr

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-09-18, 10:20 PM
I've spent the last half hour arguing about pop-punk. Is that pirate?:smallsigh:

I have band practice tomorrow. Nobody's gonna dress like a pirate. I'm going to bring my fedora.

AKAAATT
2010-09-18, 10:21 PM
"ARRRRRR feels good to be off that rusty boat, aye you stinkin varments?! I gots a good idea of what we can do. Lets punch out some scum suckers, and piss out da window! and then lets seduce WOMEN! LOTS OF WOMEN!"

Dr.Epic
2010-09-18, 11:04 PM
Burgers Ahoy! Want to know why my Roger's so Jolly? Taste my Pirate Paddy! (http://www.watchtheguild.com/the-guild/the-guild-season-4-episode-9-pirate-paddy/)

Rae Artemi
2010-09-18, 11:13 PM
Ahoy! I be a pirate! I also be a Blue Lantern! Avast, I have no idear how it wurks eether!

Gullara
2010-09-18, 11:14 PM
ARRRRR!! Avast ye land lubbers. I've decided to start this 'ear talk like a pirate day a couple o' hours early.

I be Cap'n RPG

Serpentine
2010-09-18, 11:58 PM
and then lets seduce WOMEN! LOTS OF WOMEN!"It's spelled wimmin, or better yet, "wenches". And pirates don't seduce women, they plunder them!
Tsk.

Avast!, the antivirus, has a pirate setting now. I was very disappoint when I found out it didn't talk in pirate, but now I have a happy :smallbiggrin: Also, they have an announcement on their website that they want Johnny Depp to do some voicework for them, but don't know how to contact him.

I shall not lower myself by corrupting the Queen's Own English, not as a legitimate privateer in her service!

SnowballMan
2010-09-19, 12:07 AM
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7529/swabthedeck.png

BlueWizard
2010-09-19, 12:48 AM
Argh!!!!! G't 'ff 'd plank lad, n swim wit' d' fishes!

happyturtle
2010-09-19, 02:49 AM
Avast, me hearties! Ye landlubbers may find t' pirate translator (http://www.talklikeapirateday.com/translate/index.php) t'be helpful! Yarrr!

Strawberries
2010-09-19, 03:41 AM
It's spelled wimmin, or better yet, "wenches". And pirates don't seduce women, they plunder them!
Tsk.

But what about pirate women?

Sorry, I meant:
Arrr, what 'bout Pirate Wimmin? Who d' we gets t' plunder?

Serpentine
2010-09-19, 03:47 AM
We get to plunder whomever we damn please!

Kobold-Bard
2010-09-19, 04:35 AM
September 19th is my birthday.

:smallcool:

Yaaaarrrr, pleasure to meet another pirate birthdayer.

Avast all the rest of ye, war be my birthday plunder??

Strawberries
2010-09-19, 04:42 AM
AHOY, HAPPY BIRRRTHDAY Y' BOTH! :smallbiggrin:

RdMarquis
2010-09-19, 05:09 AM
Ooh, and it arrived just in time for the next session of my campaign. I'm going to introduce my players to an ancient evil with a hook for a hand and an appropriate accent. :smallsmile:

onthetown
2010-09-19, 06:47 AM
Yaaaarrrr, pleasure to meet another pirate birthdayer.

Avast all the rest of ye, war be my birthday plunder??

I got me a piece o' silverrr that be tellin' me th' p'sition o' th' sun, arrrrr.

Plunderrring cake and rrrrum tonight!

VampireRot
2010-09-19, 07:38 AM
Yahar! All ye landlubbers 'ave a jolly Talk Like O' Pirate Day, ye 'ear?

Or else we'd 'ave to make ye walk tha plank! Yahahahahahhhahhar!

Trobby
2010-09-19, 08:30 AM
Well I'm currently working on my corset-top to go over my burnout stripe shirt. Not sure what to do for the bottom half yet.

Edit: If anyone has any suggestions I'm open! I have a pair of black boots. For bottoms, there's cargo pants, mildly striped jeans, a lace-up pencil skirt, or an old pair of white karate pants tied up at the bottom to look like sailor pants. Oh and a pair of really tight almost-legging black pants. Accessory suggestions also taken!

...If ye be verily dressed like this today, then ye be a far better pirate than any of us, lass. Well done. :smallredface:

Ahoy! I be a pirate! I also be a Blue Lantern! Avast, I have no idear how it wurks eether!

Yar, perchance ye be a pirate o' tha' blue sea? Yarharharharhar!

But what about pirate women?

Sorry, I meant:
Arrr, what 'bout Pirate Wimmin? Who d' we gets t' plunder?

We get to plunder whomever we damn please!

...E'ry day I be findin' new reasons ta' like bein' a pirate. Yar.

Skeppio
2010-09-19, 08:53 AM
Warkitty, happyturtle, Strawberries and Serpentine? Ye all be pirate wimmen! Or should ol' Cap'n 'Salty' Skeppio be callin' ye pirettes? Yarharharharhar!
Where be me pirate avatarrr? It...be in the wash. The dratted cabin boy be scimpin' on 'is duties, he be! Yarrr!

Trog
2010-09-19, 09:04 AM
Avast and shiver Trog's timbers! It be TLAPD! :smalleek:

*quickly changes avatar*

*whew* That be a close one.

Now... to business. Where be we keepin' the grog at? :smallamused:

AtlanteanTroll
2010-09-19, 09:08 AM
I think I'll try to read all of One Piece today.

Failure is eminate.

Arr.

Mauve Shirt
2010-09-19, 09:10 AM
Aye, I don't have a pirate a'atar, but me be participatin' anyway.

Ranger Mattos
2010-09-19, 11:42 AM
Dang, I forgot that it was...

Wait.

Arr, I be forgettin' that today be talk like a pirate day!

Yo ho, me hearties! Pass the grog ye filthy landlubbers!

Temotei
2010-09-19, 11:47 AM
I be usin' this scrawl all day!

Yaharrrrrr! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9385915&postcount=56)

EleventhHour
2010-09-19, 11:54 AM
Avast! Ye be sittin' on me plunder! An' I be wantin' ter be pillaging it back!

Rae Artemi
2010-09-19, 11:59 AM
In hon'r o' this here Talk Like A Pirate Day, I be settin My Google Lingo ta pirate!

Zocelot
2010-09-19, 02:19 PM
In hon'r o' this here Talk Like A Pirate Day, I be settin My Google Lingo ta pirate!

I didn't realize you could do that, but I checked it out after you mentioned it. It is awesomesauce, and I will keep on using it long after TLAPD.

Rae Artemi
2010-09-19, 02:39 PM
I didn't realize you could do that, but I checked it out after you mentioned it. It is awesomesauce, and I will keep on using it long after TLAPD.

I learned about it when my old computer was wiped. for some reason Google's language defaulted to Chinese, and I couldn't tell what setting was English, but, when I scrolled to the top of the list, lo and behold, there was pirate, written inside brackets in plain English. I used that to get my language back to plain old English, and have debated whether or not to change my language to pirate since.

smellie_hippie
2010-09-19, 04:17 PM
Ye scabs be changin' yer avatarrrrs fer naught! A true pirate talk like a pirate and walks like a pairate every day 'o tha year!! :smallamused:

I been drinkin' and wenchin' all night long, and if me friend with tha fancy portrait capture device spots this thread, I be havin' tha proof!!

*shares grog with Trog*

*renames next year's pirate ale as "Trog's Grog" *

Yo ho ho!

Gullara
2010-09-19, 04:28 PM

Arrrg you talk like a land lubber, arr.

Ranger Mattos
2010-09-19, 07:59 PM
Arrr. Me sister be tryin' t' talk like a pirate all day, but she be failin' miserably.

All the pirate lingo tha' she be knowing be Arrr, Yo ho ho an' a bottle o' rum, and fer some reason, she be callin' me mateys 'Peasants and Parrot Poop.'

Arrr, I think she be daft, that one.

Dr.Epic
2010-09-19, 08:03 PM
Arr! I'm a pirate!

AtlanteanTroll
2010-09-19, 08:11 PM

Failure is eminate.

Arr.

I failed. I made it to 239.

I have no life.

Arr.

Dr.Epic
2010-09-19, 08:18 PM

Failure is eminate.

Arr.

I failed. I made it to 239.

I have no life.

Arr.

You guys have too much time and money if you honestly own and tried to read all of in one day the complete set (which I'm assuming is far more than 239).

Rae Artemi
2010-09-19, 08:19 PM
You guys have too much time and money if you honestly own and tried to read all of in one day the complete set (which I'm assuming is far more than 239).

He was probably reading a scanlation online.

nihilism
2010-09-19, 09:00 PM
Arrrr i av no idea wut the devil be goin on.

now seriously me hearties, be we requiring ta' actually commit acts o' piracy? plunderin be all well an' good but it be a criminal offense, likely ta' get yee jailed faster an doin the cap'ns mistriss' ll get ye keel hauled.

consumin to much rum' ll damage yer liver. ho ho ho an a moderate serving of rum no more than once per hour.

really wth is going on

WarKitty
2010-09-19, 09:14 PM
Arrrr i av no idea wut the devil be goin on.

now seriously me hearties, be we requiring ta' actually commit acts o' piracy? plunderin be all well an' good but it be a criminal offense, likely ta' get yee jailed faster an doin the cap'ns mistriss' ll get ye keel hauled.

consumin to much rum' ll damage yer liver. ho ho ho an a moderate serving of rum no more than once per hour.

really wth is going on

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html