PDA

View Full Version : Summarize these games in 3 sentences or less

silversnowe
2010-09-18, 08:23 PM
I'm discussing with some friends about what game we want to play next, but not all members are familiar with all the games I have. So...help me summarize these games:

Exalted
World of Darkness
Pathfinder
Shadowrun

Malfunctioned
2010-09-18, 08:25 PM
Exalted: MAGIC GOD EXPLOSIONS.

World of Darkness: Good luck mortal.

Pathfinder: Dungeon Crawlin' Fools!

Shadowrun: Magic Cyborg Elves.

That good enough?

EDIT: I thought that said three words. :smalltongue:

Oh well, I guess that qualifies as 'shorter'.

Fax Celestis
2010-09-18, 08:27 PM
Exalted: If you've watched Avatar: The Last Airbender (the show), it's sort of like that. Otherwise, it is sort of like every wuxia kung-fu movie ever in one big katamari.
World of Darkness: If you've watched Underworld (the movie), it's sort of like that. Otherwise, it's vampires and werewolves and wizards and other stuff in modern day.
Pathfinder: If you've played D&D 3.5, it's sort of like that. Otherwise, it's sort of like Lord of the Rings, except everyone is a superhero.
Shadowrun: If you've read Snow Crash or the Diamond Age, it's sort of like that. Otherwise, it's sort of like Blade Runner with trolls.

ShneekeyTheLost
2010-09-18, 08:34 PM
I'm discussing with some friends about what game we want to play next, but not all members are familiar with all the games I have. So...help me summarize these games:

Exalted
World of Darkness
Pathfinder
Shadowrun

Exalted: You are a godling who took levels in Badass. Wutai-level cinematic combat doesn't begin to compare to the things you can pull off right from character creation, if you want to be able to brag about parrying a meteor with your bare hands, unscathed, this is for you.

World of Darkness: Morbidly dark modern setting with werewolves, vampires, and other supernatural beings. Can make Anita Blake look tame in comparison, with the right (or wrong) storyteller.

Pathfinder: The way some people thought D&D 3.5 should have been. YMMV.

Shadowrun: It's got magic and cybernetic enhancements in the same game, with a simplistic yet lethal combat system, and it takes almost no time to write up a character.

silversnowe
2010-09-18, 08:35 PM
Thanks guys! :smallbiggrin: