PDA

View Full Version : Behind Enemy Lines [IC]

WarBrute
2010-09-18, 11:08 PM
Behind Enemy Lines: Chapter 1

The sun rises on a beautiful Autumn morning. The sky is a bright blue and cloudless and the air is cold and crisp. The maple trees that grow across the foothills of the Skyripper Mountains are changing from green to bright reds and yellows. It is a perfect day for throwing on your favorite heavy coat, enjoying a big lunch and drinking a glass of cider by a roaring fire in the hearth.

However, none of this is possible because of the war that has come to this land. And a nice relaxing day is the last thing on the minds of five soldiers marching through muddy foothills, or perhaps maybe that is exactly what’s on their mind. Or perhaps their minds are wandering back to the day they were assigned this mission…

Commander Marlic sits in his tent while two retainers strap on his plate armor. He has strong chiseled feature and short black hair. His age is beginning to show in wrinkles around his eyes. He takes off a pair a reading glasses and sets down a piece of parchment when the group of five walk in, two dwarves, a half-orc, an elandrin and a dragonborn.

“Good, you’re here” the commander says. “I think it is becoming obvious that we are not wining here. Numbers are not on are side and Torderash’s army is getting bigger. It’s time we accept traditional methods of hitting head on is not going to work. You have all been recommended by your respective lieutenants as exceptional fighters. And you all are going to play a major role in our next operations. He stands and beckons the five over to the paper strewn. He unrolls a map. “This is Firestorm Glen, the home of one of Torderash’s forward bases. He has stationed it with a few small tribes of goblins and lizardfolk that have recently joined his forces. If we take them out it should discourage other tribes from joining his cause. Plus controlling Firestorm will give us a foothold for further operations.”

“The problem is we will incur large casualties with any attack. That’s where you five come in. Firestorm is a three day march east from here. You'll enter a gap in watch our scouts have spotted. Then you will have three more days to spread as much mayhem and chaos as you can. Cut supply lines, free POWs, assassinate the lieutenants. You get the idea.” He pulls out a piece of rolled parchment. “Here is some information on the area that our scouts have gathered. You might not be able to do everything on there, but do your best. And if you see an opputinty to do extra damage, take it. Keep this map too. Your entrance and extraction points are marked. Be sure to get to the extraction point on the night of the third day. There will be another group to help pull you out of whatever hell you’ve made. Good luck, and show those bastard they‘re fighting the best...”

A cold breeze blows through the mountains bringing the soldiers back to the present. They began scrambling up a muddy slope knowing the promise of violence lie only a few more miles away.

Map

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/FirestormGlen.png

Parchment

- Look out for the watch towers. The map has them marked but they might have built more by the time you get there.

-Try not to let them know your there until the later days. They’re not stupid, they’ll figure out what’s going on eventually.

- There is a system of caves and tunnels running through out the area. Use them to your advantage. The hills hold their entrances .

-Find a safe place to camp. You’ll need to sleep and rest. Try the hills or caves if you can.

-The supplies arrive once a week from the north. The next shipment will be arriving on the morning of the second day. An army can’t fight on an empty stomach.

-POWs have been spotted near the north of the main camp. There are soldiers in there. If you arm them they can help.

-There are two leaders in there. The Lizardfolk general Draketooth spends his time around Iron Lake fishing, he‘s the biggest meanest looking one out there. The Goblin General goes by the name Darkeyes. He’s not big, but he’s smart. You can spot him by the black and read cloak he wears.

OOC notes

Sorry for being so verbose. It’s just my style, you’ll get used to it. If you have any questions ask in the OOC thread.

Go ahead and role play for a little bit before you reach the entrance point so you can get a feel for each others character.

Leewei
2010-09-18, 11:46 PM
Gorum

"Are we there yet?" Gorum asks again for what must be the three hundredth time in three days.

The dragonborn eyes the rest of the group vapidly, but by now it is apparent he's really trying to get a rise out of his fellows. As irritating as his habit has become, his baiting has at least given others something to do during the hike punctuated by hidden camps and patrol dodging.

During the journey, some things have become apparent about the dragonborn. He enjoys nettling people, especially when bored. He loves gold. Every other thing to pass his lips likely passed out the back of a cow first. Lastly, he hates being called Gorum, insisting on occasion that others using his full name of Gorumliak.

Naturally, everyone who knows him in the army could give a fig about his preferences.

Clearing a rise and catching a glimpse of smoke rising from gobin fires, Gorum turns to his fellows and waits for a punchline.

Dekkah
2010-09-19, 12:08 AM
Karv
The tall and muscular half-orc look at Gorumliak,
"Karv think us close. Map show us close."
You've gotten used to Karv peculiar speach. He use a very basic common. It is apparent he didnt had to use it frequently before.
Karv wear his hide armor under a layer of animal skins. On his belt, you see a longsword and a dagger. The weapons scabbard are different from those used by common soldiers. They appear very used, with a slightly wider opening that you usually see.
Slung over his shoulder rest a quiver with a couple javelins.
Even though the group is close by the enemies now, he doesnt appear concerned about his safety, since he never bothered to draw weapon.

Being at the front of the group, Karv observe a few moments the area and say, pointing in a direction,
"Greenies this way."
Not waiting for an aknowledgement, he move forward.

Zaydos
2010-09-19, 12:45 AM
Throm

Throm watches the proceedings, and says somberly, "Be not too hasty, to engage the enemy. We don't want them to know we're here.

He moves behind the half-orc but does moves carefully and calmly.

Leewei
2010-09-19, 12:50 AM
Gorum

"Relax, Throm, he's leading us to the caves. Right?" Gorum looks at Karv, uncertain. "Yeah, he's leading us to those caves."

Viracocha
2010-09-19, 01:12 AM
Aramil

"The closer we get to their base, the more likely we are to encounter a patrol. We must be weary of eyes in the shadows noticing us. And could you possibly make more of a racket in that chainmail? I'm sure we'll have a welcoming committee at this rate."

Damn dwarves and their metals, what was Commander Marlic thinking? A patrol of deaf-blind goblins could spot us miles away, Aramil thinks to himself. His temper displays the irritability of youth, always thinking he knows better. He walks with his shield slung over his back and his hand always near his sword.

Dekkah
2010-09-19, 10:16 AM
Karv
Karv simply nod at Gorum question.
Stopping so the others catch up with him, as he always do when he want to speak for the group sinc ehey are close to the enemies, Karv says in a hushed voice to Aramil,
"You right. Us close to greenies. Voice make more sound than metal now. Lower voice, speak less."
The ranger then pick up a quick pace to return to his scouting position.
He look around to seek the way and resume his regular pace, keep an eye for the enemies.

I agree with you that we should seek the caves - any objections?

If I need a nature roll to find the hills (where the caves are supposed to be) :
Nature : [roll0]

dariathalon
2010-09-19, 03:53 PM
Kildak

Kildak chuckles silently. "I suppose I could make more noise, are you that eager to face the goblins?" he says, his voice little more than a whisper. He shakes his head, letting the testy eladrin's comments roll off his back.

Kildak is a rather average looking dwarf. He is about 4 and a half feet tall and probably weighs more than the average human. He has long brown hair that is tied back behind his helmet. Over the last few days, you have noticed that when he does remove it, the hair has begun receeding in the front. His beard is also long and brown and is tied together in front of him. He wears chainmail and a heavy shield and carries a battleaxe. He is very meticulous about caring for his equipment, regularly testing the sharpness of the blade and examing the chain links for any signs of damage.

Kildak nods his head at the suggestion of finding the caves first. "That sounds like a good plan. It will be good to have a place of some safety to fall back to if we need it. But where to from there? We can't just wander aimlessly and expect success."

Zaydos
2010-09-19, 04:14 PM
There are supply lines we could cut, an armory to raid, and a barracks to burn. Throm says, Not even to mention the main camp.

dariathalon
2010-09-19, 04:25 PM
Kildak

"Yes, but what do we do first? Most of those things will immediately alert the enemy to our presence. The more we can do before they discover us the better. So where do we start?"

Leewei
2010-09-19, 04:41 PM
Gorum

Gorum smiles in a predatory fashion. "Assuming the caves don't hold any surprises for us, we could backtrack the supply lines and take a supply train. If it carries weapons, we could use it to equip any prisoners we might rescue. It might not be missed for a day or two."

"In fact," he continues, "a crafty dwarf willing to disguise himself as a duergar might arrive at the gate and convince the locals to send a couple draft animals under the pretense that the train's animals had some difficulty."

"Of course, shaving would be required," he concludes, rocking with barely suppressed laughter.

Zaydos
2010-09-19, 04:43 PM
Throm

Throm shoots Gorum a dark look and says gravely, "My beard stays."

dariathalon
2010-09-19, 08:24 PM
Kildak

Kildak rolls his eyes then turns to reply. "Maybe so, but you could pass off as the right height for a duergar if we chopped you off at the shoulder. And I think we'd be just as likely to get either of us to agree to the plan."

He pauses, thinking, then continues. "Though trying to take out the supply line before it gets into the glen is a good idea. They might even send out a unit to see what happened to it, depending on how timely their shipments are. Less enemies there the better."

WarBrute
2010-09-19, 10:24 PM
The soldiers trudge their way up the muddy slope and reach the top of the hill. They can see the road bends right around one more peak before it reaches the valley that remains out of sight. They are flanked by hills tops on both sides. The faint sound of chopping starts to echo down into the road coming from beyond southern hills. (right side of the road)

Leewei
2010-09-19, 10:36 PM
Gorum

"Clearing trees away from a watchtower, perhaps?" Gorum muses aloud, "Shall we reconnoiter then, or avoid the noisemakers?"

He then looks theatrically to his fellows.

Zaydos
2010-09-19, 10:58 PM
We need what information we can gather, but should we all go or just send a scout? Throm says, "The first might get us caught, but," he pauses, we don't have the men to send any to their deaths.

Leewei
2010-09-19, 11:09 PM
Gorum

"Perhaps instead we could seek a distant vantage from which to peer upon these industrious goblins?"

Dekkah
2010-09-20, 06:54 AM
Karv
Karv wait for the others to catch up picking the end of his allies conversation,
"Us should stay toggether. Us need everyone if ambush."
He then add pointing at a few outcroppings on a hillside,
"Possible cave. Us should see. Find place safe for sleep."
Karv patiently await the others decisions, and follow the discussion.

Leewei
2010-09-20, 07:13 AM
Gorum

"Caves and a possible view of the chopping," the dragonborn approves.

Viracocha
2010-09-20, 07:06 PM
Aramil

"We might as well go, let's stick to what we know. That supply caravan must be stopped, we can't risk getting delayed elsewhere."

dariathalon
2010-09-20, 07:13 PM
Kildak

"I think it's worth taking a look at what is going on. Part of our orders were to cause trouble in whatever ways we can. There might be something we can do there. Sneaking up the hillside to take a look might not be a bad idea, but we need to be careful not to be seen. The higher we go, the more visible we are, and I know I'm not exactly sneaky."

Leewei
2010-09-20, 11:32 PM
Gorum

"Perhaps a way can be found that screens us from goblin eyes?"

If appropriate, check Stealth: [roll0].

Dekkah
2010-09-21, 08:54 AM
Karv
They are right, we must find a path if we want to make it safely. ponders Karv.
Looking around the area, Karv try to find a low path to get to the hill.
Is there a way to get to the hill while hidden (betweens hills, trees, etc.).
Perception : [roll0]

Dekkah
2010-09-21, 10:11 AM
Karv
As he look around for a path, Karv take a look at the map.
"Map show tower south. Us should keep cover from tower. Move north, then close hill from north face."

At Aramil mention of supplies caravan, Karv says,
"Caravan here tommorow morning. Us have time. Should find safe place, hill or not."

Sorry for double post - I just wanted to make sure people who already seen my previous post sees this - in edit, there is no notificaiton.

Zaydos
2010-09-21, 10:22 AM
"Aye, we should find a safe place. Going on a ridge will be dangerous if there isn't tree cover or at least shrubbery. Let's head north, and prepare to strike the caravan tomorrow." Throm seconds.

WarBrute
2010-09-21, 12:42 PM
OOC:

Normally I PM perception and knowledge checks results, but to speed up the game a little I'm putting Karv's results below. If you want to read it you can.

Karv

The half-orc looks up the hill to his right (Where the chopping sounds are being made) and sees it lightly covered in maple trees. Several boulders and out cropping are scattered around the hill and hill top ranging from several yards wide and 8 feet tall, to boulders only a halfling could crouch behind. The smoke trail from a small fire drifts from the top of the hill.

Dekkah
2010-09-21, 01:16 PM
Karv
Karv point south, to the hill with mapple trees.
"Smoke, probably enemies. Sound like woodchoppers."
"Karv agree with Throm. Us should go north. Find safe spot. Maybe come kill greenies later."
Looking at the layout and possible cover, Karv add,
"Plenty cover for hide to go hill. Good enough for Karv. Not sure good enough for others. What you think?"
He then look at the less sneaky types of the group, then point the boulders and out cropping, to indicate what he means by cover.

Zaydos
2010-09-21, 01:55 PM
Throm
"Ah, but I was agreeing with you" Throm points out with a smile, "I'm not sure how well I can hide, but I'm willing to try it."

Viracocha
2010-09-21, 02:05 PM
Aramil

Aramil shakes his head, thinking This is going to be interesting..

Leewei
2010-09-21, 02:29 PM
Gorum

The dragonborn will move uphill along the route to the cave as unnoticeably as possible.

Dekkah
2010-09-21, 02:53 PM
Karv
Looking at Gorum departure, Karv shrug and tell Khrom,
"Karv guess us go."
He follow Gorum silently, using his training at be stealthy to keep out of sight of the possible enemies south.
He take time to guide and help his less stealthy allies.

Zaydos
2010-09-21, 03:04 PM
Throm
Throm nods his assent, and follows along leaning on his staff as he walks. He moves as quietly and stealthily as he can.

Stealth[roll0]

Viracocha
2010-09-21, 03:09 PM
Aramil

Aramil brings up the rear, scanning all directions for trouble.

Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

dariathalon
2010-09-21, 07:23 PM
Kildak

Kildak joins the group in moving as quietly as possible, ducking from cover to cover.

[roll0]

Leewei
2010-09-21, 10:22 PM
Gorum

It seems the dragonborn is mostly good for talk.

If needed:

Dekkah
2010-09-22, 09:13 AM
Karv
Stealth : [roll0]

WarBrute
2010-09-24, 04:31 PM
Encounter!

The five soldiers walk along the muddy path carved by the dry ravine. Several them stumble over roots and bushes making a bit of a racket but the sounds of chopping seems to drown out the noise they are making.

They reach flat round and reach the outcropping that now looks like a cave. The opening is just large enough to accommodate the group. However, before they reach it, two shoots of orange acid fly pass Kildak and Karv just barley missing them. The acid splats against a tree truck and sizzles. Two Drakes can be seen, one standing above the cave mouth the other atop a bolder. Before any one can react a two swarms of smaller drakes charge on the Kildak's and Karv's flanks clawing up at them. Karv twist away from their claws, but Kildak takes a hit on his arm (7 damage). And if things could not get worse another medium sized drake runs out the cave snarling

OOC

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest.png

Map notes:
Gray blobs are rocks. The large one on the right is the mountain side with the cave(Provide cover, require athletics or acrobatics check to move over at half speed.) Colorful blobs are trees(you can move through them and they provide some cover). The cave opening is at G8.

The light green tokens are the swarms. (I 11, M11). Dark green is the medium sized drake. The brown are the drakes that spit acid (F9 -10 feet of the ground and P4-5 feet off the ground)

PC tokens are the color the speak in. Karv- red, Kildak- Blue, Gorumliak-Dark Orchid , Thorm- green, Aramil-Dark Blue .

Initiative order

Kidak
Gorumliak
Karv
Monsters
Aramil
Thorm

Please post in order of your initiative and wait for me to respond individually to each post. (I know it's slow, but I like to keep organized... if you can't tell.)

Result of surprise round:

Kildak takes 7 damage from drake swarm.

-------------------------------------------------

Kildak's turn

Ask questions if you need to!

dariathalon
2010-09-24, 06:02 PM
Kildak

Kildak narrows his eyes at the swarm of tiny drakes next to him. For a split second, he considers stomping every little one of them to a gooey paste, but just as quickly he realizes that there are bigger threats to deal with. Bigger threats that his axe is better suited for chopping. He takes one quick swipe with his axe at the swarm, hoping to keep their attention focused on him and then steps away and charges at the larger drake dead ahead. He leads with his shield, attempting to bowl the creature over.

Minor: Axe was probably already in hand and ready, but if not, ready it.
Standard: Crushing Surge on swarm of drakes [roll0] doing [roll1]. Mark the swarm with combat challenge. Kildak gets 3 temp hp if this attack misses or 6 temp hp if it hits.
Move: Shift 1 square SE to K13
Standard (Action Point): Charge to K9 and use Shield Bash. [roll2] doing [roll3] and pushes the target one square and knocks it prone. Mark the drake too. Kildak gets 3 temp hp if he hits.

Leewei
2010-09-24, 06:52 PM
Gorum

Quickly assessing the situation, the reptilian sorcerer opts to move tactically and restrain his attack. "Lure them close together and I'll make quick work of them," he advises.

Minor: -
Move Action: Back up to J16.
Standard Action: Ready Blazing Starfall (Burst 3) on the nearest swarm when they move 5 feet. If possible, attack the other swarm as well: [roll0] vs Reflex ([roll1] against 2nd swarm) for [roll2] radiant damage.

WarBrute
2010-09-25, 01:39 PM
Kildak's Turn resolve

Kildak's axe swipes uselessly amongst the swarm. However, he bowls over the larger drake by delivering a crushing blow to its skull with his shield.

- Crushing Surge: Miss, Kildak gains +3 temp HP, swarm marked by Kildak
- Shield bash: Hit, 8 damaged to Medium Drake, it's knocked prone and pushed 1 square. Marked by Kildak. Kildak gains +3 temp HP

Gorum's Turn Resolved

The Dragonborn steps back away from the Drakes and readies a spell.

Map:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-2.png

Map notes:

m=marked
p=prone

Karv's (red) Turn

Dekkah
2010-09-25, 02:30 PM
Karv
Hearing that Gorum would like the swarms to bundle up, Karv try to draw them toward the fighter.
He shift away, in a swift motion, he draw a javelin and throw it at the bunch of small lizard, aiming for a line hoping to pierce many of the small beast.
He then move around the lizard that Kildak just pushed up north to engage. As he comes beside the drake, Karv draw his longsword in one fluid motion and bring it over his head gripping it in two hands and bring it down on the drake. As he finish up his strike, the ranger flip his sword and reflexivly slide back his blade into his scabbard, leaving himself empty handed, in perfect balance to dodge the enemies.

Move : Shift to K11
Minor : Quary swarm (I11)
Free :Draw Javelin
Standard :Throw and stab at Swarm (I11)
Attack VS AC : [roll0]
Hit : [roll1] + [roll2] damage
Effect : You move up to your speed and make a
melee basic attack against a creature other than
the target. (move : K10 -> L9 -> M8 -> M7 -> L6)
Attack Drake VS AC (+1 (Running attack)) :[roll3]
Hit :[roll4] damage.
Free : Sheet weapon (Hunter fighting style)

Karv
HP :...25/25...TEMP HP :...0
Surge Value :...6
Surge left/surge per day :...7/7
AC:...16...FORT:...15... REF:...14...WILL:...12...
Main Hand :
Off Hand :
Powers :
Hunter's quary
Throw and stab
Hit and run
Action point (1/1)
Second Wind
Furious Assault
Precise Assault
Scything Blow
Items powers (1/1):

Consumables :

Effects from Karv :
Quary on swarm (I11)

Effects on Karv :

Items Carried :
Hide Armor
Backpack
Bedroll
Flint and steel
Beltpouch
Sunrod (2)
Rations (10 days)
50' hempen rope
Waterskin
Longsword
Javelin (6/7)
Climber's Kit
Dagger

Riches :
2 GP

WarBrute
2010-09-25, 03:52 PM
Karv's trun resolved

Karv gracefully, yet brutally makes his way through the battle field. His javelin runs through one of the small drakes it's disemboweled body flying knocking into it's allies and his long sword coming down and piecing it's tail.

- Left side sward quarried.
- Throw and Stab: Left side Swarm hit, takes 12 damage. Medium side drake hit, takes 11 damage.

Monsters' turn

The swarm angered by the thrown javelin turns to follow it's attacker, but is met by the dwarf, Kildak, and attacks him instead. Just as it moves however, the Dragonborn's spell is triggered and stars rain down on the two swarms, however it only hits the left sided one (Left side swarm takes 10 damage).

The remaining members of the swarm try to take the dwarf down, and succeeds easily since his back is turned. (Kildak Knocked prone)

The right side swarm heads for the now prone dwarf at bites furiously at him. Their small teeth sink in deep (Kildak takes 12 damage)

The larger and prone drake snarls up at Karv. It jumps to it's feet and lashes out at Karv with its fangs. The bite hits, but it is a glancing blow (Karv takes 6 damage)

The two drakes that stand upon the rocks turn their attention to helping the larger drake against the brutal half-orc. Both shots are direct hits and theacids sizle painfully on Karv's skin. (Karv takes 15 damage)

-Kildak Knocked Prone
-Kildak takes 12 damage
- Left side swarm takes 15 damage
-Gorum's iniative order moved to 3rd spot
-Karv takes 21 damage and is bloodied

Map:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-1.png

Q= Hunter's quarry

Aramil's turn

Dekkah
2010-09-25, 04:45 PM
Karv
Karv wince in pain as the acid hit him, but show his orcish heritage and ignore some of the pain.
Half-Orc resilience : Gain 5 temp hp first time Karv is bloodied in an encounter.
HP :...4/25...TEMP HP :...5
Surge left/surge per day :...7/7
Main Hand :
Off Hand :
Powers :
Hunter's quary
Throw and stab
Hit and run
Action point (1/1)
Second Wind
Furious Assault
Precise Assault
Scything Blow
Items powers (1/1):

Consumables :

Effects from Karv :
Quary on swarm (I11)

Effects on Karv :
Bloodied

Items Carried :
Hide Armor
Backpack
Bedroll
Flint and steel
Beltpouch
Sunrod (2)
Rations (10 days)
50' hempen rope
Waterskin
Longsword
Javelin (6/7)
Climber's Kit
Dagger

Riches :
2 GP

dariathalon
2010-09-26, 11:26 AM
Kildak

Kildak struggles to maintain his footing against the tiny lizards.

Saving throw against going prone. [roll0]

Sorry, had a busy day yesterday.

Oh and the Battle Vigor ability also gives Con mod temp hp when hit by a close or melee attack. So I think Kildak probably has a few more coming there.

Viracocha
2010-09-26, 12:38 PM
Aramil

Aramil runs deep into the fray after seeing Karv taking a beating and tries to bolster him.

Move to J8, will take one OA from the swarm at J10, then use inspiring word on Karv for a healing surge + [roll0]

He swings his sword and slashes a couple times at the raptor, inspiring Karv to do the same.

Warlord's Favor on the raptor K7, attack [roll1] (with CA), if it hits damage [roll2] and Karv has +5 power bonus to attack till the end of my next turn. If it's not dead, then I'll action point and use Commander's Strike on it, where Karv can do a melee basic attack on the raptor and get a +4 damage bonus.

WarBrute
2010-09-26, 01:51 PM
Kildak's fails saving throw and remains prone.

Aramil's turn resolve

Aramil swiftly passes through the battle field following a similar path as his half-orc ally. A swarm snaps at his legs but the Elandrin easily avoids their efforts. His words of inspiration helps the half-orc overcome the pain from the acid and his sword slashes violently down at the drake leaving it bloody and beaten but still alive. The drake's back is now completely open to anymore attacks

-Karv may spend a healing surge with +3 bonus
-Drake at k7 takes 19 damage and is bloodied
-Karv gains +5 bonus to attack against k7 drake until end of Aramil's next turn
-Karv makes a basic melee attack with +4 bonus to damage to drake.

Map:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-3.png

Thorm's turn pending resolve of commander's strike

Zaydos
2010-09-26, 02:07 PM
Throm

Throm will raise his staff causing an explosive burst of lightning to surround both swarms and then will move to the right until his is under the cover of the bushes.

: Throm will use Lightning's Revelation (area burst 1) centered on square K11 striking squares J-L 10-12. He will then move to square 13 P.

Attack versus swarm in J10: [roll0] vs Reflex; damage [roll1] lightning.
Attack versus swarm in L10: [roll2] vs Reflex; damage [roll3] lightning.
Any creature hit by this attack suffers a -2 to all defenses until the end of Throm's next turn.

Edit: messed up the spoilers, fixed now; I think that's a miss and a crit.

Dekkah
2010-09-26, 10:16 PM
DM
Karv, having an opening made for him by the warlord, lower his stance, draw and swing his sword hard in one fluid motion. As his strike end, he return hi sword back to his scabbard once more.

Regain 9 hps, not bloodied anymore
Free :Draw longsword
Free :Basic attack granted by Aramil (+4 damage)
Attack VS AC (+2 (Flank), +5 (Aramil bonus)): [roll0]
Hit : [roll1] damage. (Sad... rolled a 1)
Free :Sheet sword in scabbard.

HP :...13/25...TEMP HP :...5
Surge left/surge per day :...6/7
Main Hand :
Off Hand :
Powers :
Hunter's quary
Throw and stab
Hit and run
Action point (1/1)
Second Wind
Furious Assault
Precise Assault
Scything Blow
Items powers (1/1):

Consumables :

Effects from Karv :
Quary on swarm (I11)

Effects on Karv :
+5 to hit Drake UENT (Aramil).

WarBrute
2010-09-26, 11:56 PM
Resolving Karv's free attack

Karv swings down at the Drake hinting, but not hard enough to finish it off

-Medium sized drake takes 9 damage

Resolving Throm's turn

The lighting from Throm's staff just misses the left side swarm, but it strikes the right swarm dead on. As the electricity surges through the swarm several drakes explode with a sickening pop and shower the dwarf on the ground with blood. The drakes that remain in the swarm yap out in anger and fear.

-Right side swarm take 22 damage
-Right side swarm takes -2 to all defenses
-Right side swarm is bloodied
-Thorm gains cover

Map:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-4.png

I might get in trouble with PETA for that post :smalleek:

-Kildak's turn

EDIT: I neglected to mention the left side swarm is bloodied as well.

dariathalon
2010-09-27, 12:36 AM
Kildak

Kildak lets out a low growl of frustration as he struggles back to his feet. Glancing back and forth between the two clusters of tiny lizards surrounding him, he opts to attack the one which has just been struck by lightning.

Move: Stand up
Standard: Attack the right swarm with a Crushing Surge [roll0] doing [roll1]. Kildak gets 6 temps on a hit or 3 temps on a miss and will mark them.

WarBrute
2010-09-27, 10:07 AM
Resolve Kildak's Turn

Kildak is gets up to face the swarms of lizards that face him. He strikes down at the swarm knocking down a few.

-Kildak no longer prone
-Kildak gains +6 temp HP
-Right side swarm takes 3 damage (Takes half damage from melee strikes. I'll ignore earlier mistakes involving this)
-Right side swarm marked by Kildak

Map:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-5.png

Karv's turn. (He was moved ahead in order due to Gorum's delay of action)

Dekkah
2010-09-27, 11:24 AM
Karv
"Thank for heal Aramil. ", says the half-orc.
Karv then focus his attention on the drake, checking for its weaknesses and take a few steps back. He draw an other javelin and throw it at the drake. Not waiting to see the result, he wildly charge at the spitting drake close by and in one quick motion, draw, strike and sheet his longsword again.

Minor : Quary Drake (K7)
Move : Shift to L5
Free : Draw Javelin
Standard : Throw and stab on Drake
Attack VS AC (+5 (Aramil Bonus)) : [roll0]
Hit :[roll1] + [roll2] damage.
Free : Draw Longsword (2 handed)
Effect : Move to O5 and attack spitting drake.
Attack VS AC (+1 (Running Attack)): [roll3]
Hit (+1 (2 handed strike )): [roll4] damage.
Free : Stow longsword

Warbrute : As I asked in PM, is O5 square count as rock or ground? If rock, I hope I can try to jump on it in my movement.
Jump (with a running start - 2 squares ) if required : [roll5]

If you judge that I cannot try to jump on the rock in my movement (thus making my action illegal), I'll simply walk around top M11 and attack L10 with CA instead.

Karv Status
Main Hand :
Off Hand :
Powers :
Hunter's quary
Throw and stab
Hit and run
Action point (1/1)
Second Wind
Furious Assault
Precise Assault
Scything Blow
Items powers (1/1):

Consumables :

Effects from Karv :
Quary on drake(K7)

Effects on Karv :
+5 to hit Drake UENT (Aramil).
Items Carried :
Hide Armor
Backpack
Bedroll
Flint and steel
Beltpouch
Sunrod (2)
Rations (10 days)
50' hempen rope
Waterskin
Longsword
Javelin (5/7)
Climber's Kit
Dagger

Riches :
2 GP

WarBrute
2010-10-01, 10:53 PM
Resolve Karv's Turn

The half-orc's javelin launches directly at the drake and runs straight through its chest. It lets out a dieing shrike before collapsing into a pool of blood. Karv leaps on to the edge of the rock the orange drake is perched upon and brings down his long sword at its head, however the shocked drake was able to duck below the swinging blade.

-Medium sized drake is dead.
-Karv is now standing on the rock 5 feet above the ground next to the orange drake.

Map

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-6.png

Gorum's turn

Leewei
2010-10-01, 11:04 PM
Gorum

Gorum looks at the swarms of miniature drakes. "What a convenient package of nuissances," he muses. He then flicks his wrist, calling brilliant arcane energies down upon the enemies.

Standard Action: Blazing Starfall centered on K11, enveloping both swarms.
Damage: [roll0]
Left Attack: [roll1] vs Reflex
Right Attack: [roll2] vs Reflex
Contingent Action Point Action: If either swarm is still alive, spend an Action Point and repeat the Blazing Starfall centered on K11.
Damage: [roll3]
Left Attack: [roll4] vs Reflex
Right Attack: [roll5] vs Reflex
Move Action: Move to K11
Minor Action: Activate Aura. Enemies starting their turn adjacent to Gorum will take 4 fire and radiant damage.

Edit: Action Point attacks may get an attack bonus from Tactical Presence. Also, the right drake is at -2 to all defenses until the end of Throm's turn. Not that this will probably matter with these stanky rolls.

WarBrute
2010-10-03, 10:26 PM
Resolving Gorum's Turn

A copious amount of stars rain down upon the thinning drake swarms. The drakes snarl and yap as they dodge trying to avoid the burning light. When the stars fade all the drakes in the right-side swarm lay dead and sizzling, while a few still remain in the left side.

Gorum closes in for the kill, fire and radiance enveloping the area around him. The fire reduces the left side swarm to ashes, while providing the bodies of the right side swarm with an impromptu cremation.

-Right-side swarm dead
-Left-side swarm dead

Monsters' turn resolved

The drake that sits atop the cave shriek out as the half orc attacks his fellow drake. He gracefully bounds across the rocky outcropping, however he slips on a loose cobble just as he spits throwing his aim off. The acid splatters against the boulder, just below Karv's feet.

The drake, unexpectedly facing the hulking half orc, lashes out with his teeth, which grip onto Karv's hide armor, but fail to piece through.

-No damage

Map

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-8.png

Aramil's turn

Viracocha
2010-10-04, 07:28 AM
Aramil

Aramil teleports closer to one of the remaining drakes and engages it, attempting to open up its defenses for his allies to exploit.

Move: Use Fey Step to teleport to I4.
Standard: Intuitive Strike - Attack: [roll0] vs Will. Hit: [roll1] and the next ally that attacks with Combat Advantage gains a +2 power bonus to the attack roll.

WarBrute
2010-10-04, 10:04 AM
Resolving Aramil's turn

The drake growls and ducks under Aramil's attack.

- Intuitive Strike misses, no Damage

Map

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-9.png

Thorm's turn.

Zaydos
2010-10-04, 10:12 AM
Throm

The dwarf hurries to the center of the battlefield and raises his staff up. "Face the ire of Moradin!" Throm shouts as golden lights stretch from the top of his staff towards the two remaining drakes.

Move: Move to L9
Standard: Use Hands of Radiance on the two drakes. Drake H5 attack: [roll0]
Drake P4 attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

WarBrute
2010-10-04, 09:59 PM
Resolving Throm's Turn

The light from Throm's staff shoot out at the drakes. The light flies wide of the drake above the cave, but it hits the drake facing off with Karv.

-Drake at p4 takes 8 damage

Map

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-10.png

Kildak's turn

dariathalon
2010-10-04, 11:29 PM
Kildak

Kildak stowes his axe, sliding it's haft through a leather thong on his belt. He turns and heads toward the mountainside containing the cave. Using his free hand to grasp onto the rocks and vegetation there, he tries to pull himself into a position in which he and Aramil can surround the spitter that has been raining acid from above.

Minor action: Stow axe. I assume he'll need at least one free hand to climb up.
2 Move actions: W, W, NW, NW, N (I believe some of those are double move cost, but he should be able to get it all accomplished.)
[roll0]

WarBrute
2010-10-04, 11:46 PM
Resolving Kildak's Turn

Kildak quickly pulls himself up the rocky cliff and stands at the top. He moves over the uneven surface now and is now flanking the drake with Aramil.

Drake at H5 is flanked

Map

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-11.png

Karv's turn

Dekkah
2010-10-05, 10:30 AM
Karv
As the big drake dies, Karv change his prey focus to the spitter in front of him.
When the magic attack from the invoker hit the drake, Karv use the distraction to jump down the rock and slip away discretly. He walk crouched along the rock side, trying to make the lizard loose track of him. After a few steps, feeling that he is in good position, he draw his sword , reverse his grip in two hand and rush toward the drake, point leading just above the rock edge to impale the drake.
He pull back quickly taking some distance pulling a javelin from his quiver, letting the weapon fly at the small lizard battleling his allies on the small hill. He then rush rushing back at his own drake,
"Mojo-user help kill this!"
Walking around the rock, just out of reachof the small beast, he swing his sword at its head once then return his weapon to his scabbard.

Minor : Quary drake (P4)
Free : Draw longsword
Standard : Precise Assault on P4 Drake , (Move N5 -> N4 -> O3 (No OA))
Attack VS AC (+2 (precise assault), +1 (Running Attack)) :[roll0] (natural 1 , YAY!)
Hit (+1 two hand grip): [roll1] damage
Quary Damage (if Karv hit) : + [roll2] damage
Free : Furious Assault (if Karv hit) : +[roll3] damage
Move : Shift to N4
Free : Action point
Standard : Throw and stab
Javelin on H5 drake VS AC :[roll4] (natural 1 again , YAY!)
Hit : [roll5] damage (if Precise Assault attack missed, apply furious assault to this attack)
Effect : Move to Q3 (N3 -> O2 -> P2 -> Q3) and attack P4 drake
Attack VS AC (+1 (Running attack)): [roll6]
Hit (+1 (2 hand grip)) : [roll7] damage (if both previous attack missed, add Furious assault and quary to this attack).
Free : Stow longsword.

EDIT : WOW, rolled two ....how unlucky. I hope 18+2=20 (bonus form warlord for AP) is enough to at least hit with the last attack. If it does. I deal 22 damage (expending furious assault and applying quary damage).

Karv Status
Main Hand :
Off Hand :
Powers :
Hunter's quary
Throw and stab
Hit and run
Action point (0/1)
Second Wind
Furious Assault
Precise Assault
Scything Blow
Items powers (1/1):

Consumables :

Effects from Karv :
Quary on drake( P4)

Effects on Karv :

Items Carried :
Hide Armor
Backpack
Bedroll
Flint and steel
Beltpouch
Sunrod (2)
Rations (10 days)
50' hempen rope
Waterskin
Longsword
Javelin 4/7)
Climber's Kit
Dagger

Riches :
2 GP

WarBrute
2010-10-08, 06:52 AM
Resolving Karv's turn

Karv attacks the drake, but swings wide, the drake easily dodging the blade. However Krav's javelin throw is a directed hit... to the tree the partially obscures the drake from his view. The javelin makes a loud thud on contact and shakes the tree of a few leaves.

moving back and circling confuse the drake enough for Karv to hit on a second attempt of slashing it with his blade. The sword cuts deep causing a spray of blood to splatter across the rocks and surrounding trees

-Right side drake (p4) takes 22 damage.

Map:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-12.png

Gorum's turn

Leewei
2010-10-08, 08:01 AM
Gorum

"Looks like we need to get that birdie down out of his tree," Gorum observes as he repositions himself. Waving his staff, arcane power surges and booms towards Karv's drake.

Standard Action: Thunder Slam encounter power. [roll0] vs. Fort on the drake at P4. If this hits, the target takes [roll1] Thunder damage and is pushed three squares to S4.
Move Action: If possible to do so without penalizing his already-made attack roll, and assuming he hits, Gorum will run to S5 to nail the drake with his aura and possibly provide a flank for Karv and granting enemies Combat Advantage against Gorum until the start of his next turn.
Minor Action: (Unused).

WarBrute
2010-10-21, 10:10 PM
Resolving Gorum's Turn (Finally)

A wave a sound blasts out from the dragonborn's talons directly at the drake. The wave smashes into the overgrown lizard sending it flying through the air and into the trees where it is impaled upon a sturdy branch.

Gorum then heads to the mouth of the cave taking cover in the outcroppings. He takes a moment to pear inside the cave, but only sees blackness inside.

-Drake at p4 dead
-Gorum moved to G8 as his aura does not reach the drake due to height of the rock

Resolving the last drakes turn

The drake above the cave shrieks both in terror and anger. Confused and surrounded it lashes out at Aramil. His teeth graze the Eladrin's arm drawing blood. The drake hisses stepping away from the two combatants.

-Aramil takes 3 damage
- Drake shifts to G4

Map:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-13.png

Map note: Gorum is standing in the mouth of the cave, not on the outcropping. This is indicated by the transparent look of his token

-Aramil's turn

Viracocha
2010-10-21, 10:27 PM
Aramil

Aramil grimaces in pain, but steps forward resolutely and swings down with his sword.

Move:H3
Standard (Intuitive Strike): attack [roll0]; hit [roll1] and until the start of my next turn, the next ally with CA that attacks the drake has a +2 power bonus to the attack roll.

WarBrute
2010-10-21, 10:56 PM
Resolving Aramil's turn

The drake sidesteps the eladrin's sword.

-No Damage
(Also, make sure to put what defense the attack is against, it saves me a step)

Map:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-15.png

-Thorm's turn

Zaydos
2010-10-24, 07:36 PM
Throm

Throm raises his staff up and says, Moradin, finish this quickly. As he calls down a fierce attack of light onto the drake.

Standard: Use Mark of the Infidel on the drake. Attack: [roll0] vs Will, damage [roll1] and the target suffers -4 to attacks instead of -2 from being marked for 1 round.

WarBrute
2010-10-24, 08:09 PM
Resolving Thorm's Turn

The dwarf calls down his god's power upon the remaining drake, but the light does not phase it.

-No damage

Map

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-15.png

-Kildak's Turn

dariathalon
2010-10-24, 08:38 PM
Kildak

Kildak re-readies his axe, after having stowed it to climb up the hillside. He steps forward, flanking the creature with Aramil and let's out an annoyed grunt. He brings the axe down hard, but quickly recovers from the blow, making sure his shield is ready to get between him and the beast's assault.

Minor: Ready axe.
Move: Shift to F5
Standard: [roll0] vs. AC. [roll1] and mark the drake. If he hits, Kildak will also have resist 3 against the creature's attacks until the end of Kildak's next turn.

Edit: I realized I forgot to include the +2 for combat advantage from flank in the attack roll. It really should have been 14, likely still a miss but might be closer.

WarBrute
2010-10-24, 09:15 PM
Resolving Kildak's Turn

Kildak axes come within an inch of decapitating the drake , but it ducks just in time.

-No Damage
-Drake is marked by Kildak

Map

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-16.png

-karv's turn

Dekkah
2010-10-25, 08:20 AM
Karv
The half-orc sprint toward the last remaining beast, scaling the cliff quickly and getting his focus on its weakness.

Move + standard :Double move to H4 (scaling from J4)
Climb check : [roll0]
Minor : Hunter's Quary on Drake

Karv Status
Main Hand :
Off Hand :
Powers :
Hunter's quary
Throw and stab
Hit and run
Action point (0/1)
Second Wind
Furious Assault
Precise Assault
Scything Blow
Items powers (1/1):

Consumables :

Effects from Karv :
Quary on last drake

Effects on Karv :

Items Carried :
Hide Armor
Backpack
Bedroll
Flint and steel
Beltpouch
Sunrod (2)
Rations (10 days)
50' hempen rope
Waterskin
Longsword
Javelin 4/7)
Climber's Kit
Dagger

Riches :
2 GP

WarBrute
2010-10-25, 07:32 PM
Resolving Karv's Turn

Karv bounds across the battle field to the rocky wall, however as he starts to climb the rocks break off and he slide back to the bottom.

-No damage
-Karv failed climb DC.

Map
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-17.png

-Karv is at the bottom of the wall and will need to try climbing.

-Gorum's turn

Leewei
2010-10-25, 08:54 PM
Gorum

"Judging from that corrosive phlegm, Acid Orbs won't likely do much. Best stick with the basics."

Move Action: Move to J9.
Standard Action: Blazing Starfall to F3, attacking the remaining drake's Reflex ([roll0]) for [roll1] radiant damage. Enemies leaving the radius 1 zone surrounding F3 take 4 fire damage.

WarBrute
2010-10-25, 10:45 PM
Resolving Encounter

The rain of burning light falls directly upon the shrieking drake. It writhes for a few moments before laying still.

-10 damage to remaining Drake
- Remaining Drake Dead
-Everyone gains 135xp

--------Encounter Over-----------

A silence falls over the dry ravine, only the sound of the sizzling drake corpse breaks it. It takes a moment for the soldiers to realize the sound of chopping from behind them has stopped. With in another few seconds the distant sound of goblin voices are heard.

Leewei
2010-10-25, 11:15 PM
Gorum

"Stay? Flee? Hide?" Gorum asks rapidly. "Attempt subterfuge?" he continues, looking thoughtfully at his companions.

dariathalon
2010-10-25, 11:19 PM
Kildak

"I say some take cover in the plants over there. Others hide up here. When they come to investigate, we try to take them by surprise. Or at least as by surprise as we can since they already know something is going on around here." Kildak wipes the blood off of his axe, possibly a useless gesture, considering he is suggesting rebloodying it soon anyway.

Leewei
2010-10-25, 11:27 PM
Gorum

"These were hacked apart and blasted by raw elemental power," he states, surveying the fallen foes, "I don't suppose someone could hastily make some large, draconic footprints going into that cave? I could speak from within to the goblins and lure them into ambuscade."

Dekkah
2010-10-26, 10:44 AM
Karv
The half-orc look around,
"Surprise good. Need place to run. Enemy can be too many."
Karv take care of his wounds while regaining his breath. He then walk around gathering his javelins.
As he do so, he looks around for a good spot to hide for the ambush, where he could hide, rush at the enemies or run back if they got to flee.

If we can take a short rest, I'll spend 2 healing surges to be at full hps.

Viracocha
2010-10-26, 11:57 AM
Aramil

Aramil quickly climbs down from the cave top. "Hiding it is." He crouches behind the rock upon which the drake stood.

Hiding at O2.

Leewei
2010-10-26, 12:27 PM
Gorum

Gorum drags one drake back into the cave, depositing it inside the opening. He then backs around a corner and peers outside.

Dekkah
2010-10-26, 01:19 PM
Karv
Realizing that the enemies are too close for him to really relax, he quickly gather is javelins, take a second or two to focus his strenght to ignore some of his injuries and go hide behind the big rock south of the cave.

Karv will take his second wind since he cant take a short rest (better take it now than wastr an action later).

He hide at E14

Karv Status
HP :...19/25...TEMP HP :...5
Surge left/surge per day :...5/7
Main Hand :
Off Hand :
Powers :
Hunter's quary
Throw and stab
Hit and run
Action point (0/1)
Second Wind
Furious Assault
Precise Assault
Scything Blow
Items powers (1/1):

Consumables :

Effects from Karv :
Quary on last drake

Effects on Karv :

Items Carried :
Hide Armor
Backpack
Bedroll
Flint and steel
Beltpouch
Sunrod (2)
Rations (10 days)
50' hempen rope
Waterskin
Longsword
Javelin 4/7)
Climber's Kit
Dagger

Riches :
2 GP

XP = 135

Zaydos
2010-10-26, 02:11 PM
Throm

Throm retreats to hide behind the rocks and in the bushes.

Hiding at R3.

dariathalon
2010-10-26, 06:30 PM
Kildak

Kildak slides down the side of the hill and makes his way into the bushes near the cave. He hides there, hoping that the goblins were practically blind and deaf. In his shiny, heavy armor, he felt almost certain to be spotted.

Hiding in C11. I suppose that might require a [roll0]

WarBrute
2010-10-27, 12:05 AM
The soldiers scatter looking for cover in the brush and behind boulders. Less than a minuet after they settle in five goblins walk down into the dry ravine from the hill. Two carry crossbow and two carry spears all wearing leather armor. The last carries an axe and wears a black robe.

They walk around at the gory mess that once was a nest of drakes. Suddenly Kildak breaks a heavy branch making a load crack. All the goblin's attention go directly to the brush he hides in. The spear-wielders step over the dead drakes towards the trees and the two crossbow men raise their bows towards the trees...

OOC:

Okay so this is how I'm going to do this. I understand Gorum wants to try to bluff the goblins so I'll let him post next. Everyone succeeded on their stealth checks, except Kildak so they will have a surprise round if they attack.

Map
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-18.png

-Green dots are spear wielders
-brown/orange dots are crossbow men
-Black is the robed goblin

Please allow Gorum to bluff before any other actions are taken

Leewei
2010-10-27, 12:20 AM
Gorum

"AH, MY NEW NEIGHBORS," Gorum's loud, draconic-accented voice issues from the cave. "MY PREFERENCE IS KOBOLDS, BUT YOU'LL DO. WHICH ONE OF YOU IS THE TRIBAL LEADER? I'D LIKE TO ARRANGE FOR REGULAR OFFERINGS. GOLD, MIND YOU. I DISLIKE THE TASTE OF GOBLINS AND WOULD BE HARD PUT-UPON INDEED TO DEVOUR ONE OF YOU LITTLE SAUSAGES."

Gorum then spits loudly and lobs the mangled head of one of the drakes out from the depths of the cave.

WarBrute
2010-10-27, 11:39 AM
The goblins jump and are shaken by the voice of the supposed dragon. The spear wielders back away and the crossbow men lower their weapons, the disturbance in the brush completely forgotten.

The goblin in the black robe is pushed forward to speak by its fellows. He speaks in a loud voice but their is obvious fear in it, "Sir dragon! I am Trat leader of this band of goblins part Blood Spear tribe. Our chief is the fearless warlock Garmarluk! He is in the valley below with the army of Torderash! Surely he would want a powerful ally as yourself. Shall I send a message with one of my runners?"

Map

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-19.png

Leewei
2010-10-27, 11:50 AM
"Garmarluk? That name is familiar to me. Pray describe this warlock so I might discern if he is of sufficient might to be known among dragons. If he is this warlock of sufficient notoriety, I will want your runner to bear something to him."

WarBrute
2010-10-27, 02:17 PM
The goblin in the black robe smiles pleased that his tribal leader may be know by the dragon. He speaks again the fear giving away to hope. "Yes Dragon! I am sure you have heard his name. He wears a robe much like mine, but with the crest of our tribe, a red spear, running along it's back. His hair is long, but still black for he is still young yet still very powerful. He wears a belt from which the skulls of all the chiefs of other tribes we have conquered hang. But most distinct of all are his eyes, one of which burns gold like the sun and the other is cold and silver like the moon." His speech of his leader seems to fill all five of the goblins with pride.

Leewei
2010-10-27, 04:59 PM
Gorum

"Eyes such as those show one is blessed by great powers. Bide and I will retrieve a token for him," Gorum empties his coinpurse next to the dead drake, then drags its body over to produce a suitable sound effect. Finally, after a few minutes have passed, he states, "Ah, here it is, little worse for travel. Dispatch your runner to retrieve it -- or you may inspect and bear it yourself, should you wish. I look forward to dealing with this goblin of obvious power."

WarBrute
2010-10-27, 09:21 PM
There is a bit of squabble amongst the goblins and one of the spear wielders is pushed forward towards the cave. He walks towards the cave and gives Trat a angry look over his shoulder. The crossbowmen raises their weapons as the spear wielder enters the cave. The goblin walks into the darkness looking for the dragon and his gift but sees nothing. He opens his mouth confused about the empty cave.

Map:
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-20.png

-This period of RP is considered a short rest so everyone can use healing surges and regains their encounter powers

Leewei
2010-10-27, 10:10 PM
"Approaching with drawn weapons? Foolish. Ah, we could have been good allies," Gorum laments mockingly. He then steps out of the cave and unleashes arcane thunder on the robe-wearer.

Move Action: Shift to H8.
Standard Action: Thunder Slam on the robe wearer. [roll0] (+2 for CA included) vs. Fortitude. Hit: [roll1] thunder damage and push the goblin 3 squares to N7.
Edit: Strike that move. I didn't realize 4e only allowed one action on a surprise round. The nearby goblin probably gets an OA.

Zaydos
2010-10-27, 10:27 PM
Throm

"If battle is to begin, let no man say a servant of Moradin was slow to enter it!" Throm says calling upon his god's might to strike the enemy.

Standard: Hands of Light on the goblins at 10 J, 10 K, and 9 M.
10 J: [roll0] vs Ref
10 K: [roll1] vs Ref
9 M: [roll2] vs Ref
[roll3] damage

Dekkah
2010-10-28, 10:00 AM
Karv
Mid way in Gorum speach bluff, the ranger finaly manage to catch up his breath.
As Gorum give the attack signal, Karv was ready, his hand dangerously close to his spear quiver.
Poping his head above the rock he was hiding behind, he draws a javelin and throw it at the injured crossbow weilder. Following his momentum, Karv move around the rock and close onto the nearest spear weilder drawing his sword and bring it down in a two-handed chopping motion. As he finish his strike, he return his weapon to his scabbard to free his hands once more.

At the short rest, Karv spend one healing surge

Standard : Throw and stab (javelin, move and sword attack).
Javelin at Orange dot VS AC (+2 (CA)) : [roll0]
Hit : [roll1] damage
Free : Draw longsword
Move to I11 and attack light green dot VS AC (+2 (CA)) :[roll2] (forgot to ADD +1 for my running attack feature.... it should be 14 VS AC)
Hit : [roll3] damage.
Free :Stow longsword

Karv Status
HP :...25/25...TEMP HP :...5
Surge left/surge per day :...4/7
Main Hand :
Off Hand :
Powers :
Hunter's quary
Throw and stab
Hit and run
Action point (0/1)
Second Wind
Furious Assault
Precise Assault
Scything Blow
Items powers (1/1):

Consumables :

Effects from Karv :

Effects on Karv :

Items Carried :
Hide Armor
Backpack
Bedroll
Flint and steel
Beltpouch
Sunrod (2)
Rations (10 days)
50' hempen rope
Waterskin
Longsword
Javelin 6/7)
Climber's Kit
Dagger

Riches :
2 GP

XP = 135

Viracocha
2010-10-28, 12:34 PM
Aramil

Aramil jumps from behind the rock and, with a roar, charges at the closest goblin.

Standard (Charge): Charge to M8 and do mba. Attack: [roll0] vs AC (CA); hit [roll1]

WarBrute
2010-10-29, 11:00 PM
Resolving Gorum's surprise attack

A wave a thunder shoots towards the goblin Trat, catching off him guard. He yells in pain clutching his now bleeding ears.

The dragonborn's actions however reveal himself to the spear wielding goblin. He thrust his spear out at Dorum in relation to his spell. His thrust however goes wide.

-Black robe goblin (Trat) takes 16 damage
-Trat is bloodied

Resolving Throm's surprise attack

Throm calls his God's vengeful light down upon the goblins. The light directly hits Trat and the crossbow man, however the spear wielder is able to dodge the ray of light.

-Trat takes 8 damages
-Corssbow goblin (orange) takes 8 damage

Resolving Karv's surprise attack

Karv's javelin flys over the goblins heads and pierces into the already stunned crossbow man's arm. He yells in pain and yanks the javelin out of his wound. He charges forward and swings viciously, but the agile goblin deflects him with the butt of his spear

-Goblin (oange) takes 6 damage

Resolving Aramil's surprise attack

Just as the the crossbow wielding goblin tosses the bloody javelin in disgust he is attack from behind by a longsword wielding eledrin. Aramil's sword slashes across th goblins black splashing blood across the earth.

-Goblin (orange) takes 9 damage
-Goblin (orange) is bloodied

map:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-21.png

-B= bloodied

Dariathalon can still make a surprise round action.

dariathalon
2010-10-29, 11:09 PM
Kildak

Kildak rushes out of his hiding point, going around the far side of the rock. He runs full out towards the rear of the group, doing his best to cut off their escape route. If even one of the goblins escaped, it could disasterous for their plans.

Sorry, I didn't think Kildak got a surprise round action for some reason.

Move Action: Run to I15

WarBrute
2010-10-31, 10:50 PM
Resolving Kildak surprise round

Kildak crashes out of the trees into the dry ravine. He stands ready to stop the goblins from escaping

-No damage

Map:
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-22.png
Initiative order

Kiladak
Throm
Gorm
Monsters
Karv
Aramil

dariathalon
2010-10-31, 11:25 PM
Kildak

Kildak moves further around the enemies, trying to get himself between them and the direction they'd approached. In the process he approaches one of the crossbow wielding goblins. He raises his axe high over his head and chops downward, trying to split the little man in two.

Move: East then Northeast to K12.
Standard: Crushing Surge on Brown. [roll0] doing [roll1] and marking him. Kildak also gets 3 temps on a miss or 6 temps on a hit.

WarBrute
2010-11-01, 10:52 PM
Resolving Kildak's Turn

The dwarf maneuvers around the crossbow wielding goblin. He moves in and swings down with his axe, but the goblin proves to fast for him and dodges to the side.

Map:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-23.png

Throm's turn

Zaydos
2010-11-01, 11:06 PM
Throm

The dwarf moves forward raising his staff to once more call down the light of heaven against his enemies.

Move: Move to P7; if the bushes are difficult terrain just move to R4.
Standard: Hand of Radiance against the goblins at
N7 vs Reflex
M9 vs Reflex
I10 1d20+6 vs Reflex
Damage
If the black robed goblin is still alive after this I'll spend an action point to repeat the attack (if any goblins did die from the attack switch the attack against them to the goblin at J13; max 1 attack per goblin).
N7 vs Reflex
M9 [roll4] vs Reflex
I10 1d20+6 vs Reflex
Damage [roll5]

WarBrute
2010-11-02, 09:07 PM
Resolving Throm's Turn

With the goblin's distracted Throm emerges from his hiding place to face the his enmies head on. He calls light down upon the goblins. Trat manages to dodge the light but the near by spear wielder and crossbow wielder are hit. The spear wielder shrieks as his skins burns in the light (light green was critically hit).

Seeing Trat still standing, Throm musters more energy into his holy assault. This time Trat is hit and collapse under the holy light. His crossbow wielding ally follows suits and falls to the ground sizzling, but the spear wielder is able to stagger out of the way of the light.

-Trat (black token) Takes 7 damage and is dieing
-Light green goblin takes 9 damage (was critically hit by first attack... even though max damage was already rolled)
-Orange goblin takes 16 damage and is dieing

Map:
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-24.png

Map notes:
To keep track of the dieing goblin (In case it becomes import, whihc it may or may not) I have made their tokens transparent and stamped them with a D.

Gorm's turn

Leewei
2010-11-02, 11:01 PM
Gorum

Stepping back from the spear-wielding goblin, Gorum lashes out with a sizzling ball of greenish energy.

Minor Action: Activate aura (enemies starting in adjacent squares take 4 fire damage).
Move Action: Shift to H8.
Standard Action: Acid Orb on H6 (rolled 22) vs Reflex for (rolled 11) acid damage.

Rolls were resolved in OOC because I'm a chump.

WarBrute
2010-11-05, 11:11 AM
Resolving Gorm's turn

Gorum's ball of acid hisses through the air and makes contact with the goblin's left arm. The goblin snarls as smoke rises from his burning skin.

-Dark Green Goblin take 11 damage

Resolving Monsters' turns

Goblin hit by the acid shouts in goblin to his fellows, before bounding out of the cave. He pulls a javelin from a sheaf on his back and hurls it at the dragonborn. The missile hits Gorum in his shoulder. (6 damage)

The goblin spear wielder next to Karv spins and shifts next Gorum. He raises his spear and strikes hitting the dragonborn in the leg. (5 damage)

The crossbow wielding goblin steps back away from Kildak and fires his crossbow. The bolt flies like lightening and strikes Kildak in his shoulder.(10 damage)

-Gorum takes 11 damage
-Kildak takes 10 damage

Map:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-25.png

-Karv's turn

Dekkah
2010-11-05, 12:05 PM
Karv
The half-orc get his focus on the goblin in front of him. He move to engage him while throwing a javelin at an other goblin. As he engage him, he draw his longsword and slash with all his fury at the flanked goblin.

Minor :Hunter'S Quary on light green goblin.
Standard : Throw and stab (javelin, move and sword attack).
Javelin at Orange dot VS AC : [roll0]
Hit : [roll1] damage
Move to H10 and attack light green dot VS AC (+2 (CA-Flank)) :[roll2]
Hit : [roll3] + [roll4] damage.
Free : If I hit light green, expend furious assault [roll5] more damage.

Karv Status
Main Hand :
Off Hand :
Powers :
Hunter's quary
Throw and stab
Hit and run
Action point (0/1)
Second Wind
Furious Assault
Precise Assault
Scything Blow
Items powers (1/1):

Consumables :

Effects from Karv :

Effects on Karv :

Items Carried :
Hide Armor
Backpack
Bedroll
Flint and steel
Beltpouch
Sunrod (2)
Rations (10 days)
50' hempen rope
Waterskin
Longsword
Javelin 6/7)
Climber's Kit
Dagger

Riches :
2 GP

XP = 135

dariathalon
2010-11-05, 05:48 PM
Kildak

Kildak is not about to let his target get away from him without a fight. As the crossbowman steps away, Kildak takes another swing at him.

Since Kildak had the crossbowman marked and he shifted away, Kildak can use his combat challenge to take a melee basic attack.

[roll0] doing [roll1]. This includes +3 from a feat and +2 from having had temp hp when the attack takes place. Kildak would also gets 3 temp hp from a hit, but I don't think they'll stack.

WarBrute
2010-11-06, 10:13 PM
Resolving Kildak's interrupt

As the goblins maneuvers out of Kildak's reach the dwarf swings his battle axe down upon his back. The goblin yells as the axes digs deep.

-Goblin crossbowman, brown token takes 13 damage.

Resolving Karv's turn

Karv charges forward hurtling his javelin at the crossbowman, but it just grazes his arm. Karv comes up to the spear wielding goblin and slashes him across the face spraying blood across the rich brown earth.

-Goblin crossbowman, brown token takes 1 damage
-Goblin Spear wielder, light green token takes 18 damage.
-Goblin Spear wielder, light green token is flanked by Karv and Gorum

Map:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-26.png

-Aramil's turn

Viracocha
2010-11-06, 10:38 PM
Aramil

Aramil looks around him and sees the carnage his companions have wrought. He notices Gorum's many wounds and attempts to renew his ally. He scans the battlefield for the next foe, then closes in. Seeing Kildak on the other side, he yells, "Kildak, go for it!"

Minor: Inspiring Word on Gorum, Healing surge plus [roll0]
Move:K11
Standard (Warlord's Favor): attack [roll1] vs Will on K12, hit [roll2] and kildak has +5 power bonus to attack to this target until end of my next turn.

WarBrute
2010-11-07, 04:44 PM
Resoling Aramil's Turn

Aramil moves in and slashes at the goblin trying to flee from Kildak. The elandrin's maneuver to open up his enemy for an attack instead simply opens him up just above the waist. The dying goblin slumps to the ground, blood spilling in all directions.

-Goblin Crossbowman, brown token takes 8 damage
-Goblin Crossbowman, brown token is dying
-Gorum may spend a healing surge with +5 bonus

Map:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-27.png

Begin next round:

Kildak's turn

Gorum may post at anytime to spend a healing surge in response to Aramil's use of inspiring word.

dariathalon
2010-11-08, 12:29 AM
Kildak

Kildak shakes his head at the fallen goblin crossbowman. "Out of your league," he mutters. Then he takes off dashing across the battlefield toward one of the remaining spear wielders. He leads with his shield, attempting to bash him off his feet.

Move: to J9
Standard: Charge to K7, doing a Shield Bash attack. [roll0] doing [roll1]. If hit, the target is pushed 1 square and knocked prone and Kildak gains 3 temps. Either way, Kildak will mark him.

WarBrute
2010-11-08, 01:00 AM
Resolving Kildak's Turn

Kildak charges across the dry ravine that is rapidly collecting corpses. He reaches the other side of the battle and slams into the dumbfounded goblin sending him flying. The goblin skids across the earth before coming to a stop with a loud groan.

-Spear wielding goblin, dark green token takes 11 damaged.
-Spear wielding goblin, dark green token is prone, marked and bloodied.

Map:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Drakenest-28.png

Map notes:
M- marked
P- Prone

Also, I have failed to keep up on noting who is bloodied (mostly because the majority of the goblins were bloodied after the surprise round :smallsigh:)

Anyway all enemy combatants are bloodied

-Throm's turn

Zaydos
2010-11-08, 12:03 PM
Throm

Again the dwarf calls upon divine wrath to castigate his foes.

Standard: Hand of Radiance
Ref vs Goblin H9 [roll0]
Ref vs Goblin M5 [roll1] (includes a -2 for attacking a prone enemy with a ranged attack)
Damage: [roll2]

Apparently the 2nd attack roll was a crit :smallbiggrin:

WarBrute
2010-11-10, 10:47 PM
Resolving Throm's Turn

The goblins shriek out in horror as the wrath of Moradin fall upon them. They fall to the ground and lay silent.

-Everyone gains 110 xp

---------Encounter Over-----------------------

Again the dry ravine is silent. Bodies of goblins and drakes lay strewn across the ground. Already a pair of crows haven landed on the lip of the cave and look eagerly down at the feast before them. They caw at third that lands next to them.

Leewei
2010-11-10, 11:56 PM
Gorum

"The goblins will likely be missed. Unless these caves lead somewhere interesting, we should make ourselves scarce. Maybe taking down the supply train, hmm?"

Dekkah
2010-11-11, 08:35 AM
Karv
The ever pratical half-orc only nod to Gorum and start to search the corpse for usefull equipments.

Karv Status
Main Hand :
Off Hand :
Powers :
Hunter's quary
Throw and stab
Hit and run
Action point (1/2)
Second Wind
Furious Assault
Precise Assault
Scything Blow
Items powers (2/2):

Consumables :

Effects from Karv :

Effects on Karv :

Items Carried :
Hide Armor
Backpack
Bedroll
Flint and steel
Beltpouch
Sunrod (2)
Rations (10 days)
50' hempen rope
Waterskin
Longsword
Javelin 6/7)
Climber's Kit
Dagger

Riches :
2 GP

Group Loot :
Nothing

XP = 245

dariathalon
2010-11-11, 07:28 PM
Keldak

Kildak leans against one of the large boulders catching his breath for a moment.

"Yeah, we'll probably want to come back here at night to rest though. Maybe we should take the corpses and hide them somewhere. Hopefully we can keep them from discovering we know about this cave."

(Spending 1 healing surge to get back to full.)

Dekkah
2010-11-12, 12:19 PM
Karv
The half-orc nod to Kildak, "Karv help Kildak."
When he is done searching corpses, he carry them somewhere where they could hide the corpses. He would seek a place where he can either bury or or hide them well.

WarBrute
2010-11-15, 11:31 PM
After several minuets of raiding and pilfering the group has a small pile of goblin possessions.

Loot

-3 suits of ruined leather armor
-1 suit of working leather armor
-2 spears
-8 javelins
-2 hand crossbows
-30 bolts
-Battle axe
-2 short swords
-20 copper coins, 15 siver coins, and 20 gold coins
-1 jade ring from Trat's hand
-Scroll written in goblin

Leewei
2010-11-16, 01:28 AM
Gorum

Considering the situation for a moment, Gorum begins arranging corpses to make it appear that the goblins and drakes had been fighting. He then blasts the goblins repeatedly with Acid Orbs in an effort to disguise their missing possessions.

"Maybe the others will think they were drawn into a fight with the lesser dragonkin, here? Eh ..." Gorum sounds dubious. "Anyway, best make ourselves scarce and find a suitable camp. Taking down that supply train would be best done on a good night's rest and a full belly."

Dekkah
2010-11-17, 02:51 PM
Karv
Karv pile up all the equipment in the cave.
He split the gold peices and offer them to each others. He then pick a purse from the goblin and put silver and copper in it,
"Karv keep Inn money."
Looking at the piled equipment, he pick up a short sword and weight the javelins.
"Karv take these."
He add the javelin in his quiver and start to adjust the shortsword quiver to fit his quick drawing fighting style.
"You pick what want. Hide rest."

Looking at the ring, he weight it and check it out in case it have some meaning, maye a clansmark. If not, he simply add it to the group purse unless someone what a look at it.

Checking the letter, he simply say,
"Karv no can read."

Everyone get 4 GP.
I'll keep a group money bag (copper and silver for now) if you guys dont mind. I'll pay for Inns and stuff with it later.

I assume everything you listed is non-Magical, thus worthless unless we want it as personnal equipment.

Karv Status
Main Hand :
Off Hand :
Powers :
Hunter's quary
Throw and stab
Hit and run
Action point (1/2)
Second Wind
Furious Assault
Precise Assault
Scything Blow
Items powers (2/2):

Consumables :

Effects from Karv :

Effects on Karv :

Items Carried :
Hide Armor
Backpack
Bedroll
Flint and steel
Beltpouch
Sunrod (2)
Rations (10 days)
50' hempen rope
Waterskin
Longsword
Javelin 15/15)
Climber's Kit
Dagger
Shortsword

Riches :
7 GP

Group Loot :
20 CP
15 SP
1 jade ring (Trat)
Scroll written in goblin (Trat)

XP = 245

Viracocha
2010-11-17, 02:53 PM
Aramil

The eladrin cleans his sword, "It doesn't seem like this will be a safe place to rest, we should move on.

WarBrute
2010-11-17, 07:51 PM
Gorum's acid orbs make quick work of the bodies causing the wounds to be distorted. The smell of burning flesh fills the ravine as he works.

Karv piles up the equipment in the cave, hiding it from site. The ring appears to be a simple ordinary ring. He does notice a goblin inscription on the inside of the ring.

Dekkah
2010-11-17, 08:10 PM
Karv
Spoting the goblin words inside the ring, he ask others, showing the ring and scroll, "You read greenies drawings?"

Viracocha
2010-11-17, 08:13 PM
Aramil

"Afraid not. Never had a use for it, though now I wish I had learned."

Leewei
2010-11-17, 09:48 PM
Gorum

"The language of mere goblins is beneath me," Gorum shrugs.

dariathalon
2010-11-17, 11:36 PM
Kildak

Kildak grunts. "Nope. Wasn't part of my training. I suppose it might have been handy, but I don't know how to do it."

He picks up a hand crossbow and a case of bolts from the pile of goblin gear. He examines it carefully, not entirely certain he wanted it, but ends up taking them. "I'm not much for ranged weapons, but you never know when one might be handy," he says.

Dekkah
2010-11-18, 04:03 PM
Karv
Since no one understand the goblin tongue, Karv store the ring and paper in the group bag. Looking at the enemies equipement he thinks, We cannot leave this here or some enemies might find it.
When everyone is done picking what they want from the loot, Karv bundle it up and pick it up saying, "Karv hide it away later."
He then move around, inpecting the cave itself to see if there is any access to underground they have been told to be in the area.

If needed to search the cave.
Perception : [roll0]

dariathalon
2010-11-24, 11:13 PM
Kildak

Kildak looks around the assembled group, the decision having been made. "Right then. I guess I'll lead the way." He looks around the battlefield, making sure that the bodies were sufficiently and equipment all picked up so it could not be recovered. "Everybody follow me." Kildak heads into the cavern.

Leewei
2010-11-24, 11:25 PM
Gorum

Stretching himself languidly, Gorum slinks into the cave behind Kildak.

Dekkah
2010-11-25, 10:56 AM
Karv
The ranger follow his allies deeper into the cave. He keep near to front so he might be able to spot traps if there is any.

WarBrute
2010-11-28, 04:34 PM
The soldiers make their way into the mouth of the cave. The walls are made of a smooth slick limestone. The bones of small animals are scattered around the floor, which crunch under the soldiers boots. They walk along a straight passage for 60 feet before it twists and they are met with inky blackness.

dariathalon
2010-11-28, 06:13 PM
Kildak

Kildak grumbles quietly to himself about wishing he could just see in the dark as he fumbles around in his pack for a moment. Finally, he withdraws a sunrod and strikes it ablaze, illuminating the cave ahead. Assuming nothing unexpected is waiting in the dark, he continues to lead the way.

WarBrute
2010-11-28, 08:47 PM
The striking of the sunrod briefly echos through the cave. As Kildak moves forward through the cave the passage narrows to be about 10 feet across and 7 feet high. Another minute of waking the passage opens up into a larger room with three outlets, one that continues to wind in the same direction as the original passage. one the loops right and one that appears to be a large crack into otherwise flawless stone. There appears to be some kind of nest in a sheltered portion of the room.

The room echos with a steady drip.

Map of the area.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/Thecave.png

Leewei
2010-11-28, 10:49 PM
Gorum

Looking about in the light, Gorum eyes the crack in the stone suspiciously. "I shall prepare my sorceries in the likely event that something hungry comes out of that hole," he declares in a whisper, then dramatically adjusts his sleeves and flexes his fingers.

Dekkah
2010-11-29, 09:48 AM
Karv
The ranger move forward, toward the nest, taking a quick look into each side corridor as he pass by them.
Once into the nest, he search it.

WarBrute
2010-11-30, 02:10 PM
The half-orc makes his way around the room, checking the pathways. The crack in the wall appear to continue on in the same direction and remains narrow. The path furthest from the entrance continues with a slight downward slope. The path at the bottom of the map continues for about 20 feet before dropping off into a steep incline.

Karv moves around the nest finding 3 unhatched eggs, more small bones, 8 gold coins and a single emerald. There is also a worn and torn book, with a large amount of water damage. Karv does not understand the surviving text on the cover.

Dekkah
2010-11-30, 02:17 PM
Karv :
The ranger add the gold and emerald into the group bag saying,
"Share later."
as he pick up the book, he tilt his head ot the side looking at the writting before saying, "Karv no read drawings."
He offer the book to is closest ally so he can check it out.

Karv Status
Main Hand :
Off Hand :
Powers :
Hunter's quary
Throw and stab
Hit and run
Action point (1/2)
Second Wind
Furious Assault
Precise Assault
Scything Blow
Items powers (2/2):

Consumables :

Effects from Karv :

Effects on Karv :

Items Carried :
Hide Armor
Backpack
Bedroll
Flint and steel
Beltpouch
Sunrod (2)
Rations (10 days)
50' hempen rope
Waterskin
Longsword
Javelin 15/15)
Climber's Kit
Dagger
Shortsword

Riches :
7 GP

Group Loot :
20 CP
15 SP
8 GP
1 Emerald (Drake nest)
1 jade ring (Trat)

XP = 245

Leewei
2010-11-30, 02:20 PM
Gorum

Seeing shiny things perks up the dragonborn considerably. Gorum steps forward and peers at the book.

Languages known: Common, Draconic.

WarBrute
2010-12-01, 11:52 AM
As Karv shows the book around to the other Gorum immediately recognizes as the language of his kin.

Draconic:

The book cover reads:

The History and Origins of the Arcane

Alkrose Grayscale

Leewei
2010-12-01, 11:59 AM
Gorum

Quirking an eyeridge, Gorum says, "This may be handy. It appears to be a treatise on arcane arts. May I?" he says, grasping greedily at the book.

Viracocha
2010-12-01, 12:12 PM
Aramil

"You can read this? Why would such a book be in a place like this? I wonder if our bluff about a dragon inhabiting these caves will end up being true..."

Leewei
2010-12-01, 12:38 PM
Gorum

"At the moment, it is true," Gorum asserts, eyes glinting and smoke curling from his nostrils as his smile reveals several pointed teeth.

Dekkah
2010-12-01, 02:57 PM
Karv
The half-orc look at Gorum,
"Book important to mission?"

Leewei
2010-12-01, 03:03 PM
Gorum

"It may well be."

OOC: Of course, Gorum is lying his ass off, but from a metagame perspective, he's right. :smallwink:

Dekkah
2010-12-01, 03:12 PM
Karv
Karv wait a few moments for Gorum to elaborate, before asking,
"Gorum read us book?"

Leewei
2010-12-01, 03:26 PM
Gorum

"I'd be delighted to," Gorum states, "There is the matter of exercising some subtlety while we're here, however. If you allow me," he barely restrains himself from snatching at the tome, "perhaps I can find some suitable passages to read to you during our next camp."

Dekkah
2010-12-01, 03:32 PM
Karv
The half-orc tilt his ead to the side, apparently thinking, then say,
"So no important now."
He turn around and check each ppossible path for a few second and say,
"Karv say us check crack."
He await his allies opinion before heading there.

dariathalon
2010-12-01, 05:51 PM
Kildak

Kildak nods to Gorum's assessment of the book. "I have to wonder, if it is somehow related to the goblins what they would be doing with a book written in... draconic?" he guesses at the language Gorum reads but he does not.

"Either way, we should keep moving. In enemy territory, staying in one place too long could spell problems." He moves toward the crack Karv was standing next to. "This way then?" He pauses for a moment, and if no one objects he will begin down the passage.

Leewei
2010-12-01, 06:02 PM
Gorum

His eyes darting to the book in Karv's possession, Gorum hangs back until he's certain something isn't leaping out to devour his companions. He then follows into the crack.

WarBrute
2010-12-18, 01:13 AM
Through the Crack in the Wall

The soldiers squeeze their way through the crevice, having to turn sideways several times to fit. The light from Kildak's sun rod reflects brightly against the slippery walls. The smell of moss and dirt fills their nostrils and their ragged breath echos loudly in their ears. Suddenly the crack opens up into a straight hallway.

The soldiers stop and at the edge of the crack looking into a wide and shallow staircase running perpendicular the crevice. The walls are smooth and oblivious sculpted opposed to the natural cave walls from the previous room. Shadowy metal sculptors line the walls. The stairs lead down to a heavy wooden door. The top of the stairs appear to have been blocked by rockfall.

Map:
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/enc3.png

Key:
Tokens: (you should know your color by know)
S: Statue
Jagged lines: Represents a step. Left of the map is down stairs, right is up . (The staircase is very shallow)
Gray blobs: Rockfall
Brown Line: Wooden door

Important OOC notes:
Please allow me to post after each character's post before posting, just like how we would handle a normal encounter.

Leewei
2010-12-19, 10:41 AM
Gorum

After waiting several minutes, Gorum sneaks out around the corner for a better look at the statues (he'll crouch to the East of the nearest one), then proceed to check its composition. "Statuary in a hall behind the lair of drakes?" he whispers, then continues, "Unlikely! Hapless petrified victims of some beast, on the other hand ..."

WarBrute
2010-12-20, 05:28 PM
Encounter Begin

Gorum "sneaks" his way into the hallway making a bit more noise than he intended, as he approaches the statue he feels a tile beneath his feet sink and pop back up as he take his foot off. Suddenly the sound of gears can be heard and two wall mounted crossbows unfold from the wall. Two bolts fly by Gorum and clatter against the rocks at the other end of the hall. As soon as they fired the mechanisms began reloading them.

But the crossbows weren't the only think to come to life. As the bolts fly the three statues began to shake and move. The two closest to Gorum are short and almost resemble well armored halfings or gnomes. The third is about six and a half feet tall and its eyes glow red as it sees the intruders.

Map and OOC Notes
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/TrapsandConstructs.png

Key:
Blue tokens are the smaller statues (I think I might change color later due to this would make 4 blue tokens:smallsigh:)
Brown token is the medium sized statue
Green square- the tile Gorum stepped in that activated the crossbows
Blue Squares- Wall mounted crossbows. The crossbows do not impede movement in these squares

Initiative Order (yes I roll'd for you)

Karv
Gorum
Aramil
Kildak
Monster
Thorm

Karv's turn

Dekkah
2010-12-21, 11:14 AM
Karv
The half-orc move into the corridor, seeing his enemies.
He quickly draw a javelin and throw it at the left one while moving closer and striking at the one in front of him with his longsword. As usual, he return his weapon to its sheat after his attack.

Move : Move to K5
Minor :Hunter's quary on Light blue (H5)
Standard : Throw and stab
Attack VS AC on Dark blue (H7) : [roll0]
Hit : [roll1]
Effect : Move his speed to I5 and make a melee basic attack.
Attack VS AC on Light blue (H5) (+1 (Running attack)) :[roll2]
Hit (Hunter's quary) : [roll3] + [roll4] damage.

Karv Status
Main Hand :
Off Hand :
Powers :
Hunter's quary
Throw and stab
Hit and run
Action point (1/2)
Second Wind
Furious Assault
Precise Assault
Scything Blow
Items powers (2/2):

Consumables :

Effects from Karv :

Effects on Karv :

Items Carried :
Hide Armor
Backpack
Bedroll
Flint and steel
Beltpouch
Sunrod (2)
Rations (10 days)
50' hempen rope
Waterskin
Longsword
Javelin 15/15)
Climber's Kit
Dagger
Shortsword

Riches :
7 GP

Group Loot :
20 CP
15 SP
8 GP
1 Emerald (Drake nest)
1 jade ring (Trat)

XP = 245

WarBrute
2010-12-21, 02:13 PM
Resolving Karv's Turn

Karv's javelin shoots through the air, but only glances off of the creature's armor. Moving on to his next target Karv swings his sword and makes contact with the living statue's side causing it to let out a machine-like grunt.

MAP:
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/TrapsandConstructs-1.png

-Nothing special to add here

Gorum's turn

Leewei
2010-12-21, 03:08 PM
Gorum

Smacking himself on the head, Gorum mutters, "Statues coming to life. The oldest scam in the book!" He then backs away, calling down radiant energy on the nearby foes.

Minor Action: Activate Aura (4 Fire to adjacent enemies at the start of their turn).
Move Action: Shift to J6.
Standard Action: Blazing Starfall (3x3 zone) centered on G6. Damage: [roll0] radiant.
Attack Small Statue #1: [roll1] vs Reflex.
Attack Small Statue #2: [roll2] vs Reflex.
Additionally, the zone is now bordered with fire, causing 4 fire to enemies leaving the zone.

WarBrute
2010-12-26, 12:29 PM
Resolving Gorum's Turn

Fire rises up around the dragonborn and bright fire rains from the ceiling above. One of the living statues dodges out of the way, but his ally takes the fall brunt of the dragonborn's starfire.

-Light Blue token (Small living Statue) takes 12 damage

Map:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/TrapsandConstructs.png

-The purple line is the zone created by starfire

-Aramil's Turn

Viracocha
2010-12-27, 09:25 AM
Aramil

Aramil rounds the corner and jumps into the fray, directing Karv's strike.

Move: I6, going around the green square
Standard (Commander's Strike): Karv gets an mba vs light blue statue, with a +4 (int) modifier to damage if he hits.

Dekkah
2010-12-27, 10:59 AM
Karv
Seizing the opportunity made by Aramil, Karv quickly draw his sword and swing with a powerfull two-handed grip at the enemy in front of him.

Free :MBA
Attack VS AC : [roll0]
HIt (+4 (Aramil), +1 (2 handed)) :[roll1] damage.

WarBrute
2010-12-29, 10:10 PM
Karv take an opportunity to strike made by Aramil, however his sword bounces off of the statue's heavy armor.

MAP:

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r291/WarBrute/Maps/TrapsandConstructs-2.png

-nothing to add here

Kildak's turn

dariathalon
2010-12-30, 01:53 AM
Kildak

Kildak was taken completely by surprise as the statues come to life. He grumbles "shoulda known it..." in his gravelly voice as he moves forward. He stops in the last remaining front-rank position in front of the statues. His axe swings forward, and as he recovers from the swing, his other arm quickly pulls his shield up to defend against any return attacks.

I think you had Kildak and Aramil's tokens backwards. You should have moved the dark blue one up to I6 for Aramil, and now the normal blue one (Kildak) goes to I7.

Move: To I7 passing through Gorum's square since he saw to avoid the trapped green square.
Standard: Resolute Shield on darkest blue statue (in H7). [roll0]. Also, mark him.
If it hits, he takes [roll1], and Kildak gets 3 temp hp and gains resist 3 against the target's attacks until the end of Kildak's next turn.