PDA

View Full Version : Word-change in DCF?

Cizak
2010-09-19, 06:38 AM
I just noticed that Roy's line "I think karma just evened that score" from comic #60, panel 10 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0060.html) has in the book been changed to "I think fate just evened that score". Does anybody know the reason behind this?

Ancalagon
2010-09-19, 07:03 AM
"Karma" was too RL-religious?

Le Piaf
2010-09-19, 08:44 AM
but, there is also elan's line "Karma-riffic", just a few pages after that (67 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0067.html), last panel)

is that changed too in the printed version... to "fate-riffic" or something :smallsmile:?

The Giant
2010-09-19, 08:58 AM
It was done specifically BECAUSE of karma-riffic, which appears just a few pages later. I didn't want to spoil the better karma-riffic joke with a mention of karma moments before. I noticed it when I printed the book because I was reading all of the strips together, and I had a chance to change it so I did.

This is the first time in six years anyone has noticed.

Kareasint
2010-09-19, 09:45 AM
It was done specifically BECAUSE of karma-riffic, which appears just a few pages later. I didn't want to spoil the better karma-riffic joke with a mention of karma moments before. I noticed it when I printed the book because I was reading all of the strips together, and I had a chance to change it so I did.

It did make the Karma joke better.

Hats off to Cizak for spotting it though. I didn't notice it myself and I have all of the books.

Hardcore
2010-09-19, 12:48 PM
To avoid unintended (that is such that is not done for dramatic effect, or likewise) repetition is an important advice for authors.
I read something like: "First time [the reader see a new word] is has novelty, second time it make him blink because he has seen it before, and the third time he fall asleep."

Tass
2010-09-19, 01:47 PM

Well, I think many of us noticed, but never bothered to point it out. Thats the case for me at least.

Cizak
2010-09-19, 03:35 PM

Ah, I see. Thanks for the response.

And someone must've noticed it before I did, but maybye I'm the only one who cares about such unimportants things :smalltongue: