PDA

View Full Version : Is Holy Lands RPG any good?

grimbold
2010-09-19, 09:47 AM
{Scrubbed}

Knaight
2010-09-19, 12:52 PM
I have no experience with it personally, but everything I've heard about it is positive. If it is reasonably cheap, its probably worth risking it on that alone, if its pricey, wait for someone who has played it and has a more informed opinion.

Prime32
2010-09-19, 07:38 PM
I have no experience with it personally, but everything I've heard about it is positive. If it is reasonably cheap, its probably worth risking it on that alone, if its pricey, wait for someone who has played it and has a more informed opinion.
It's free, but I worry that they'll send you spam. You have to enter your email address into a form, then they send you a link to the download page. What? :smallconfused: Use a dummy account or get it from someone else.

Also, the writers seem to think that the Middle Ages and the Dark Ages are the same thing.

Does it have faith mechanics of some kind or is it just branding?

Knaight
2010-09-19, 09:18 PM
It's free, but I worry that they'll send you spam. You have to enter your email address into a form, then they send you a link to the download page. What? :smallconfused: Use a dummy account or get it from someone else.

Also, the writers seem to think that the Middle Ages and the Dark Ages are the same thing.

Does it have faith mechanics of some kind or is it just branding?
Edited after reading enough to get the feel of the game.

They are trying to sell an "upgraded" membership that gives you access to later products, hence the account.

Now, regarding the game. Its awful. It reads as if it underwent no editing, at all, the mechanics are clumsy and ineffective, the faith mechanics are a complete joke, looking like someone found a mana based casting system, erased the word mana, and wrote faith in, and in general its a substandard system with substandard presentation. Considering the attitude the designers take towards other games, and the arrogance in it, they didn't put much work into this.

The short version: Get Dogs in the Vineyard.

grimbold
2010-09-20, 02:29 AM
{Scrubbed}

Vaynor
2010-09-20, 03:17 AM
The Red Towel: Discussion of real-world religion is off-limits, even as it pertains to gaming. Thread locked.