PDA

View Full Version : fighter's eye, a way to see enemies flaw

monkman
2010-09-19, 01:59 PM
is there a fighter rage like ability? if not could i have suggestion to how to make it?
This ability is not a rage, it is some time where a fighter gains abilitys to defeat an opponent, it would give some sort of boost to the attack roll and damage, it would not focus on brute stregnt but on ways to decive oppents and specials techinques

Fax Celestis
2010-09-19, 02:04 PM
Try the Combat Focus feat chain from PHB-II.

monkman
2010-09-19, 03:25 PM
i think it's better if i try to make it give some comments please
Fighter's eye
Prerequisites: Need to Mid lv fighter(help)
Benefits:You can see flaws in oppentent's fighting styles and in there armor, This give a +1 insight bonus to Ac, attacks rolls,and damage rolls.This ability last 3 rounds +fighter lv+ con modifier.

Dectectable flaw
Prerequisites: Need to Mid lv fighter(help), Fighter's eye
Benefits: While using Fighter's eye, You are able to see a flaw in his armor or openings. You use that to advantage and attack the flaw. This is only usable one time on a enemy and it gives a +5 insight bonus to attacks rolls and damage. If using a full attack you gain +5 damage to the first,+3 to the second, +1 damage to the third and any other attacks. This ability stacks with the bonus of fighter's eye.

Zaydos
2010-09-19, 03:44 PM
On Detectable Flaw crunchwise the decreasing bonus is crippling to its usefulness you usually don't need another +5 on your main attack, but you might on your 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

Fluffwise you realize more about your opponent's fighting style and create more openings as you rain blows on them, not less.

monkman
2010-09-19, 03:55 PM
i made 3 homebrew thing here, and on all 3 you commented. Are you stalking me?
Do you think that it should have a bonus to hit(+5) on all attacka and maybe the 5/3/1 bonus to damage?

Zaydos
2010-09-19, 04:42 PM
i made 3 homebrew thing here, and on all 3 you commented. Are you stalking me?
Do you think that it should have a bonus to hit(+5) on all attacka and maybe the 5/3/1 bonus to damage?

I read the Monster Classes thread and you linked it and it looked interesting, also I have an interest in Healer style classes in general (I don't remember the other one you did).

It's a once per enemy effect so +5 to all probably wouldn't be too powerful, but I'm not really sure. I know that at high levels you're hitting with your first attack on a 2 for many enemies with just basic good weapon + good strength + good BAB while you are struggling to hit with your 3rd and 4th attacks because of the lower bonus on iterative attacks. So the +5 to all attacks seems nice and the bonus damage is fairly close in line with Weapon Specialization (+8 compared to +10 at Lv 16 or higher). Also how does it work with two-weapon fighting?