PDA

View Full Version : Human Chemistry Set

EdroGrimshell
2010-09-19, 03:20 PM
Okay, i remember this from another thread some time back, plus me majoring in biochemistry i know the human body is literally a living chemistry set. What i would like to do is make a class based around the concept of internal bio-alchemy, the problem is how to go about it. I would like to know any ideas anyone has about the concept and the mechanics for it.

Analytica
2010-09-19, 04:35 PM
I might use...

Fleshwarper PRC.

Psychometabolism Psion discipline.

Reflavouring of spells, particularly transmutation and necromancy.

Nanoblack
2010-09-19, 05:03 PM
Blood Magus from the Complete Arcane has an ability that lets him have potions stored in his bloodstream for later or maybe the Pathfinder Alchemist because of the mutagens and whatnot.

EdroGrimshell
2010-09-19, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

The blood magus's ability is a good one, as is the flux adept's version from the Dragon Compendium.The psychometabolism powers would definitely be a place to start, but they need to have the materials already in their system. Think Greed (http://fma.wikia.com/wiki/Greed) from Full Metal Alchemist.

these guys would be entirely self-buff and chemical warfare. Like creating alchemist's fire in their stomach then forcibly vomiting it to create a breath weapon, or using a surge of adrenaline to create an effect similar to a barbarian's rage.

imp_fireball
2010-09-19, 05:31 PM
Blood Magus from the Complete Arcane has an ability that lets him have potions stored in his bloodstream for later or maybe the Pathfinder Alchemist because of the mutagens and whatnot.

I also made a perk called store poison.

If you successfully save against the poison you can store it for X days or hours or whatever. When you store a poison you can shoot it into other enemies later on if they are adjacent to you (works best for contact/inhalation poisons obviously) - so you could squirt the poison out of your eyes (influenced by Dr. Mcninja).

Okay, i remember this from another thread some time back, plus me majoring in biochemistry i know the human body is literally a living chemistry set. What i would like to do is make a class based around the concept of internal bio-alchemy, the problem is how to go about it. I would like to know any ideas anyone has about the concept and the mechanics for it.

Forgive me for asking, but what did you think humans were before you realized they were living chemistry sets? Just curious. Not trying to antagonize.

EdroGrimshell
2010-09-19, 05:41 PM
I also made a perk called store poison.

If you successfully save against the poison you can store it for X days or hours or whatever. When you store a poison you can shoot it into other enemies later on if they are adjacent to you (works best for contact/inhalation poisons obviously) - so you could squirt the poison out of your eyes (influenced by Dr. Mcninja).

Forgive me for asking, but what did you think humans were before you realized they were living chemistry sets? Just curious. Not trying to antagonize.

I knew it i just never thought of it before now, that's all. Anyway that poison ability is a good one, i think i'll incorporate that in somewhere.

imp_fireball
2010-09-19, 05:43 PM
I knew it i just never thought of it before now, that's all. Anyway that poison ability is a good one, i think i'll incorporate that in somewhere.

Hey no problem.

Also a perk was a play-variant of mine (mainly for D&D 3rd ed). Spend xp to receive abilities or other things that benefit you (like certain bonus feats, proficiencies, custom abilities, etc.) in the same way that spending xp for creating spells/casting spells/creating items and such benefits you.

Nanoblack
2010-09-19, 08:49 PM
(influenced by Dr. Mcninja).

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb161/typicalidiot/10p40.png

Well how far are you trying to take it? If you're going full on Greed, then I further my suggestion for Pathfinder Alchemist.

DracoDei
2010-09-19, 08:56 PM
Well, if you allow a little physiological alteration for delivery systems... well, let us simply say I am a fan of skunks and direct you to the Mepholk in my signature(although I think I may have got the recharge time much faster than a real skunk).

Actually, going that route... what about healing effects through fangs?
Blood transfusion (and altering your blood so it won't be rejected by the recipient... even if they are an insectile abberation) would be the most straight forward.
I assume you know how they manufacture anti-toxins, so that would be one way (also, look up the RL snake-milker who has donated blood for that purpose after inoculating himself with cobra venom to protect his own life).

Not for everyone, but I would consider offering it as one possible route.

EdroGrimshell
2010-09-20, 09:44 AM
Well, if you allow a little physiological alteration for delivery systems... well, let us simply say I am a fan of skunks direct you to the Mepholk in my signature(although I think I may have got the recharge time much faster than a real skunk).

Actually, going that route... what about healing effects through fangs?
Blood transfusion (and altering your blood so it won't be rejected by the recipient... even if they are an insectile abberation) would be the most straight forward.
I assume you know how they manufacture anti-toxins, so that would be one way (also, look up the RL snake-milker who has donated blood for that purpose after inoculating himself with cobra venom to protect his own life).

Not for everyone, but I would consider offering it as one possible route.

Very interesting. I'll use a few of these.

I was going to use the pathfinder alchemist as a base, but it does not cover certain bases. Think chemical warfare plus converting substances already in the body to create a wide array of effects. And these would be mainly Extraordinary abilities, Greed's ultimate shield was only an example, metabolic fire could be another, as could a high power jet of water to impale an enemy, or a cloud of poisonous, noxious gas exuded from the sweat glands.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-04, 07:29 PM
Bump for more ideas

AugustNights
2010-10-05, 04:25 PM
Vorpal Tribble is working on a very Bio-Sciency PRC with Skilltricks and pet parasites in the PRC competition called 'The Monstrumologist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9392507&postcount=9)' which I may actually propose to. (The class not the creator.)
Might be good for inspiration, or as is for what you are looking for.

EdroGrimshell
2010-10-05, 07:56 PM
Vorpal Tribble is working on a very Bio-Sciency PRC with Skilltricks and pet parasites in the PRC competition called 'The Monstrumologist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9392507&postcount=9)' which I may actually propose to. (The class not the creator.)
Might be good for inspiration, or as is for what you are looking for.

One of my favorites actually. Not exactly what i was looking for but combined with a few other abilities and bioalchemy abilities i could make a rough idea for a class