PDA

View Full Version : [BitP:R] Mortal World 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Frozen_Feet
2010-09-19, 03:31 PM
Phoenix Town. To the untrained eye, it is like any number of other midsized city in Japan. Its people live their lives, bustling to and fro. Phoenix Town High School (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8384005&postcount=1276) staff prepares for the return of the students, as those self same students bemoan, look forward to, or do not really care about the end of their vacation. In its classrooms, club rooms, and athletic grounds lie many memories for most of the populace of Phoenix Town.

The more devout attend one of the many local shrines. One in particular is tended to by one of those self same students, Sayaka-san’s vacation likely consumed by the work necessary to keep the Houheiden Shrine (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8232211&postcount=23) in tip-top condition. Situated on a forested hill, apart from much of the development, the Shrine is surrounded by Forest, give it a picturesque backdrop. The Shrine grounds are the picture of peace and tranquility. For now, they serve as refuge for those exhausted by their day to day lives, a spot to rest, recuperate, and find the strength to continue on with their lives. To the Shinigami, it is known as a place where they may pass between worlds… along as they obey the rules set forth.

The Venti Buon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8187927&postcount=17) is no less a refuge, in a different fashion. The Café is placed near to many important spots for individuals with a sense of the supernatural, including the Cemetery, and (Blank) High School. The Café is not huge, and both its staff and regulars would raise an eyebrow at a more formal establishment, but to the High School Students that frequent it, such is just normal. Perhaps some of them will seek it out today, as that dreaded or anticipated date closes.

Not far from Venti Buon sits a shop. Most overlook it, but for those interested in the more supernatural aspects of this world, it is a must see. Furousha Shop (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8158318&postcount=6) caters to many kinds, and much of its clientele counts other clients as enemies. However, Viatrix’s skills and usefulness has kept it quiet thus far, and the place is an invaluable source, no matter if you are Shinigami, Hollow, or Medium. However, everything has a price.

---

So, on this rainy and dark evening, let the story continue. Phoenix Town is about to be tossed into the center of dire plots, and none know the full extent of the danger, including those conspiring to bring about its destruction.

However, the first sings of what's coming are already clear as day to a collection of students standing in their school gym, staring at the spot where only moments ago there was a horrid monster...

Prime32
2010-09-19, 04:55 PM
Ayase Heart Angel Ayase blinks as the Hollow's mask dissolves. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9387325)
Mori-san?

She stares at him as he vanishes. The Akumushi... was Mori-san?
There was no mistaking the school's old janitor. Even that smoke, it was just like him. But he was supposed to be dead!

tgva8889
2010-09-19, 05:07 PM
Kina Yoshimoto

They beat it? Kina watches as the hollow dissolves, defeated by the Shrine Maiden's talisman and the efforts of the others. How could they have...? Composing herself, Kina slowly begins to push open the door, hoping to join the others.

strawberryman
2010-09-19, 06:33 PM
[Gymnasium]

After the beast dissolves, Valeria sinks to her knees, exhaustion hitting her like a brick wall. She coughs on the remainder of the black smoke produced by the janitor...

...and a look of horror passes her face as she continues to cough it out, expelling blackened fog from her lungs beyond her control.

Dorizzit
2010-09-19, 06:42 PM
Nakahiro

Nakahiro is stunned for several seconds as his powers manifest for the first time, leaving him staring at his umbrella. By the time he has recovered, it's all over; the combined efforts of the students cleanse the hollow and release the spirit to the afterlife. The first thing Nakahiro sees is Mori Souta's face, a sight that leaves him shocked.

The...hollow...was Mori? Unbelievable. I hope he's in a better place, now.

Looking down at his still glowing body, Nakahiro concentrates for a few seconds and dismisses his powers. Feeling a little dizzy, he stumbles over to one of the walls, leans against it, then sinks down to the ground, closing his eyes in relief. Then he hears Valeria's coughing, but when he sees what's going on he doesn't immediately react as he is unsure of what to do.

nothingclever
2010-09-19, 07:05 PM
Ken walked over to Kina ands spoke. "It looks like we're safe now." He then turned to Sayaka. "Would you mind telling us more about what that thing was?" The events that had just transpired didn't move him much. He was indifferent to the discovery of the hollow's identity, largely unharmed and already somewhat acquainted with the being's kind. His impassive nature and previous combat experience further made things easier to handle.

KnightDisciple
2010-09-19, 10:02 PM
[Kaito]

When the Hollow had first started charging him, Kaito had begun backpedaling. The items orbiting his head dropped to the ground as his hands were pushed forward, trying to hold the Hollow back. It only slowed the beast down a bit. He fell backwards onto the ground, trying to scramble away as best he could.

Thankfully, that tiny bit was enough to save Kaito's life, as the whole group came together to finally vanquish the creature.

Any of Kaito's questions to Sayaka were blown away when Val started coughing...and couldn't stop.

"Val!"

He scrambles over, half-crawling, to his friend. He stops a couple of feet away, clearly unsure what to do. He turns to the girl who helped them in the nurses' office.

"Sayaka! Do something!"

His face is pleading, as are his words.

Purple Rose
2010-09-19, 11:27 PM
[Takara]

Takara drops to her knees, exhausted from the fight and somewhat shaken by the visage revealed in its defeat. Her spiritual energy is running low.

"Eri... we... we did it-"

A pulse runs through her body. The delicate balance between her spiritual power and Erima's begins to break down. Her restraint over Erima's more monstrous side begins to fade.

"Eri... change back... please..."

Kasanip
2010-09-20, 11:34 AM
Sayaka

Sayaka breathed a sigh of relief as the hollow was defeated. But she did not have time even to have this time to think. Ken was asking her to explain- and really she had a lot to explain. And a lot of questions of her own.

But she had gotten them involved in this somehow. Or it was at least her responsibility. She opened her mouth, a little uncertain where to start. But Kaito's voice of panic stopped her and she turned. With a horrible feeling, she saw Valeria collapsed. Coughing black smoke. Without another word Sayaka hurried over.

It could be something terrible- was Valeria going to die? Sayaka didn't know. The black smoke was tainted and foul, not unlike the hollow. But she had never heard of it to touch a living person. Sayaka helped Valeria to rest on her legs and put a comforting hand on her forehead and tried to keep her in a position to breathe.

"Easy... Please try to breathe normally. Try to calm yourself." She looked at Kaito and then to the others.
"...There is a lot to explain. But not here. I don't think I can heal Valeria. If it's a spiritual sickness, we must go to my father at the shrine."
Her expression was of concern and focus as she looked around.

Erima

Takara felt a very satisfied feeling from Erima, a kind of love of violence being fulfilled, but then stopped with the spiritual seal. Maybe for a youkai, such a talisman is always a thought of one's own mortality. So perhaps Erima was pondering briefly this fate.

But as Takara's control and unity with Erima lessened, she could feel the monstrous energy of the scarf a little more suffocating- less controlled and more free to revel in violence.

But Takara had known this feeling before, and as she patted the tsukumogami gently, suddenly Erima relented.

"Mmm... We did. Good job Takara." Erima said, sounding quite childishly satisfied. If she was worried about anything, Takara could not tell.

The monstrous energy disappeared, and soon the scarf had shrunk and return to the normal pattern and length that Takara had worn her before. After a minute Erima spoke again.

"I-it....feels like you used a lot of my strength in that fight... More than normal..." Erima said, sounding sleepy. One of the side effects of joining was that Takara and Erima's power was combined...but it always left Erima more drained than Takara. Maybe because the tsukumogami lent her strength to Takara?

strawberryman
2010-09-20, 11:59 AM
Valeria continues to cough.

What's happening!?

Calm down. You absorbed a part of that monster... and gained its power. Just listen to her. Breath, and calm down. Focus and regain control.

...I gained it's power...?

After a few moments, Val closes her blackened eyes, and breathes slowly, expelling less and less smoke as she slows her pulse. She finally opens her eyes after regaining control, standing up and looking to Kaito and Sayaka.

"T-thanks... I'm not even sure what's happening to me..."

riccaru
2010-09-20, 02:07 PM
Sora growled. It sounded almost... feral. Dangerous even.

"Look, I'm not really enjoying your whole sarcasm thing. Can you just cut to the chase, and tell me what you want?"

Yoko looks up to the window once more as Angry Janitor dies. "Oh, nothing anymore. Feel free to leave if you'd like, Sora. The fight's over, it seems." She stops looking at the windows.

Steilos
2010-09-20, 04:15 PM
One lead. One paltry sodding lead. That was all he had to work with. As his car pulls up outside Claudia's residence, Henry's mind reflected on all those cop shows and paranormal shows on TV, and just how wrong they were. He'd come here to get information on a girl in green, and had spent the last 5 hours trying to piece together possible names from the description. A sheet of paper in his pocket bore four names, which he took out to remind himself.

"Let's see here... Chikako Ayame, Honoko Hina, Hisamori Aki, Kazui Manami. Not exactly the biggest list, but I didn't have time for any more... Ah, soddit, here goes nothing." And with that stirring battlecry, Henry got out of his car, trudged over to the door and and sluched in front of the doorframe in full expentance of failure... before suddenly straightening up and knocking smartly on the door. Appearances always helped.

nothingclever
2010-09-20, 06:14 PM
"Heading over there now sounds like a good idea to me. Do any of you really want to hang around here after what happened? Without that spirit around we'll hopefully be able to leave." His voice wasn't pressing, it was matter-of-fact. Ken didn't care much about what they did but he saw little reason to stay.

Prime32
2010-09-20, 06:26 PM
[Gymnasium]

Denden, what is this? People are turning into Akumushi?
Ayase's mental voice was panicked.

If there's anything I can do to help Val, please tell me! Can my wand heal her, or...

Were they going to come for Valeria too, and make it look like she was dead? Maybe they didn't even fake it, maybe Mori-san was dead when they turned him into one of them.

KnightDisciple
2010-09-20, 07:07 PM
"Heading over there now sounds like a good idea to me. Do any of you really want to hang around here after what happened? Without that spirit around we'll hopefully be able to leave." His voice wasn't pressing, it was matter-of-fact. Ken didn't care much about what they did but he saw little reason to stay.Kaito half-turned to face Ken.

"Can we maybe have a couple of minutes to collect ourselves? I just about got killed by that...Hollow? And I think Valeria and everyone else could use a moment to collect ourselves. Then we can head outside."

Terry576
2010-09-20, 07:30 PM
Yoko looks up to the window once more as Angry Janitor dies. "Oh, nothing anymore. Feel free to leave if you'd like, Sora. The fight's over, it seems." She stops looking at the windows.

Sora stops.

"Fight? What fight? What are you talking ***-"

He finally notices that the Janitor's energy is gone, and his eyes go wide.

"I get it. You were distracting me. You didn't want me to get involved. It just goes to show that I can't trust anyone, anymore then I used to be able to."

He turns on his heel, and walks away, towards the graveyard.

Moon Wolf
2010-09-20, 08:07 PM
Beck left the house, leaving her family to talk about the situation. She strolled along the street, with her bag still slung over her shoulder. She decided to just relax, and so she headed for the Venti Buon Cafe. As she approached the cafe, she saw Yoko sitting at a table. Hey! She waved casually. Noticing the uniform, she asked: You go to Phoenix High?

nothingclever
2010-09-20, 08:50 PM
Kaito half-turned to face Ken.

"Can we maybe have a couple of minutes to collect ourselves? I just about got killed by that...Hollow? And I think Valeria and everyone else could use a moment to collect ourselves. Then we can head outside."
"Sure, by all means. I'm not trying to rush you," said Ken smoothly.

tgva8889
2010-09-20, 09:04 PM
Kina Yoshimoto - The Gym

Kina watches Valeria, her face contorted into various emotions, some of them much stronger than others. When Valeria begins breathing normally, though, Kina steps back a step, merely surprised. "Is that...normal?"

Absentmindedly, she nods at the idea of going to the shrine. What is this shrine? Who is Sakaya?

KnightDisciple
2010-09-20, 09:11 PM
Kaito closes his eyes for a second at Ken's response. He seems to be trying to calm himself.

"It's just been kind of stressful for at least some of us. Though you seem oddly calm..."

He turns at Kina's question, giving off a slightly bitter laugh.

"Sure Kina, why not. After all..."

Without looking or pointing, a nearby basketball rose into the air with no outside assistance.

"Normal's a bit relative for us. Look at us, Kina. I'm a telekinetic. Sayaka has all sorts of "magical" charms or something that she just used. Nakahiro sliced off that creature's arm with an umbrella. Takara's scarf grew claws. Val manifested a mask and energy blasts."

He pointed to Ayase, who was likely still standing there in her magical catgirl form.

"Ayase turned into a magical catgirl in a skirt with a wand. Though maybe she hit her head and forgot who she was, since she's insisting she's someone else. Ken, Michiko, and Yuudai all seemed to be able to see that...thing."

He shakes his head with a wry grin.

"Assuming you could see it, I'd say "normal" just got redefined for you as well as the rest of us. Then again...who cares?"

He looks to the others with an odd light in his eyes.

"I mean...so we've got these powers? So what? We're still us. Even if we don't tell anybody, I don't think we should be ashamed. We're people. We just...have an edge."

Sucrose
2010-09-20, 09:16 PM
One lead. One paltry sodding lead. That was all he had to work with. As his car pulls up outside Claudia's residence, Henry's mind reflected on all those cop shows and paranormal shows on TV, and just how wrong they were. He'd come here to get information on a girl in green, and had spent the last 5 hours trying to piece together possible names from the description. A sheet of paper in his pocket bore four names, which he took out to remind himself.

"Let's see here... Chikako Ayame, Honoko Hina, Hisamori Aki, Kazui Manami. Not exactly the biggest list, but I didn't have time for any more... Ah, soddit, here goes nothing." And with that stirring battlecry, Henry got out of his car, trudged over to the door and and sluched in front of the doorframe in full expentance of failure... before suddenly straightening up and knocking smartly on the door. Appearances always helped.
[Abel Residence]

A breathless voice answers Henry's knock from directly behind him.

"Oh. Hello... officer. What... can I do for you?"

The voice comes from a slightly disheveled Claudia Abel, presently brushing a few strands of hair out of her face.

Dorizzit
2010-09-20, 09:37 PM
Kaito closes his eyes for a second at Ken's response. He seems to be trying to calm himself.

"It's just been kind of stressful for at least some of us. Though you seem oddly calm..."

He turns at Kina's question, giving off a slightly bitter laugh.

"Sure Kina, why not. After all..."

Without looking or pointing, a nearby basketball rose into the air with no outside assistance.

"Normal's a bit relative for us. Look at us, Kina. I'm a telekinetic. Sayaka has all sorts of "magical" charms or something that she just used. Nakahiro sliced off that creature's arm with an umbrella. Takara's scarf grew claws. Val manifested a mask and energy blasts."

He pointed to Ayase, who was likely still standing there in her magical catgirl form.

"Ayase turned into a magical catgirl in a skirt with a wand. Though maybe she hit her head and forgot who she was, since she's insisting she's someone else. Ken, Michiko, and Yuudai all seemed to be able to see that...thing."

He shakes his head with a wry grin.

"Assuming you could see it, I'd say "normal" just got redefined for you as well as the rest of us. Then again...who cares?"

He looks to the others with an odd light in his eyes.

"I mean...so we've got these powers? So what? We're still us. Even if we don't tell anybody, I don't think we should be ashamed. We're people. We just...have an edge."
[School]
Gymnasium

Nakahiro folds his arms and legs, his now once again powerless umbrella lying at his side. He listen's to Kaito's summation of the position the assorted group found themselves in. It was still extraordinary; internally he was reeling from the event, although he projected a facade that was calm... or at least calmer. That was standard for him, although this projection usually matched his internal state. He slowly looks around the room at the others, trying to gauge where they are. Sayaka obviously wasn't in as much shock as most of the others, since she apparently knew about the...hollows. Takara, too, seemed pretty calm, as did Ken. Maybe they have had previous run-ins with more malevolent aspects of the spirit world. Aspects that Nakahiro had never known existed until now. Kaito seems to be taking it well, too. Valeria and Kina look like they're having more difficulty. Michiko he isn't sure about. And Ayase...

Well, she wasn't panicking, at least.

Carefully, Nakahiro stands, pulling his umbrella up with him. He leans on the wall for support; the initial manifestation of his powers had left him tired and dizzy, and he still is having trouble standing unaided. Despite that, they had felt...warm. Good. Right. Nakahiro probably couldn't describe it if called upon to do so, but he would definitely be investigating his powers further. Once he feels a bit steadier, he responds to Kaito.

"It's not just an edge, though. Normal may be different for us, but...I know that I, at least, have some thinking to do. This is all just..."

He trails off, shaking his head.

strawberryman
2010-09-20, 09:40 PM
Valeria blinks. "Oh... My mask..." She attempts to take it off to observe it... which results in it vanishing. And immediately after that her exhaustion doubles, causing her to fall to her knees. "...Ngh... G-guess I t-tired myself out..." Her eyes are back to normal, as is her voice.

...who are you, anyway?

...well, thanks, I guess.

tgva8889
2010-09-20, 11:01 PM
Kina Yoshimoto

"But...it's not supposed to be like this...is it?" Kina looks around at everyone, scanning each face as she goes. Her hands tense up slightly, but relax a bit afterward. "Seeing...it's different than what w-you do What are you going to do now? I...nothing changes for me. I saw before. I know more now...but I don't have anything new. You...you do, don't you?" She brings a hand up to her face. "What...consequences are there? Will you...use it?"

Without waiting for response she wipes her face with her arm, turns, and walks towards one of the smashed windows. You can't hide forever. She puts a hand up, grasping at what light poured through the broken glass. Her eyes close, her hands coming down to her heart. "Will you...always fight?"

KnightDisciple
2010-09-20, 11:07 PM
[School Gym]

Kaito blinked at Kina's speech and questions.

"I...I'm not sure yet, Kina. I don't even know what it would mean to "keep fighting". I think Nakahiro has a point; right now, I'm only coherent and reasonable sounding because of the adrenaline. In an hour, I'll probably be a mess. I think we should try to process all of this.

I mean...school's over for the day. Let's...let's just go home. Maybe a couple of us can make calls to parents, and we'll all wait out front, until everyone's been picked up. That might be better for us than just trying to walk home. But...let's rest for a couple of minutes before we do much more."

Kasanip
2010-09-21, 12:25 AM
Sayaka

Sayaka gave Valeria a comforting smile but watched carefully until the mask had disappeared. Then looked at the other students- silent for a minute as she collected her own thoughts.

Why did the barrier weaken like this today? Was it direct interference from the other side? What will happen to the balance?

Why did it have to happen now?

Kaito is taking it well- right now. And most of them seem..ok.

Why?

Why are they so accepting of this?

Don't they know that their lives will never be the same again?

No. Of course not. It was like to scoop water with one's hands. Sayaka never had the chance they did. She was always to stand on the border and maintain it. But...

There was not time for regrets.

"It's not magical." She said out loud.
"And...she's right." Sayaka said, looking at Kina.
Sayaka stood up and began to gather the paper that were talisman before.

"A lot has happened today. Of course you should go home. I'll explain later... I guess.

Just remember... Spiritual pressure like what allowed you to attack this hollow can be tracked. It may even draw more spiritual entities to you. Ghosts or even worse." Sayaka warned again.

"But if any of you doesn't feel safe-"
Sayaka paused.

Not because she was worried her father would be upset about this decision.

"You can stay at my place tonight. I'll wait until everyone leaves and walk home. It looks like it stopped raining at least."

She finished. She was worried her father would be excited about it.
Until she told him the news.

Terry576
2010-09-21, 12:36 AM
[Graveyard, Sora]

Sora walked through the graveyard, calming down. Anyone around would hear words being said.

"Of course. Of course the day I leave is the day that poor Souta becomes a bloody Hollow. Why? Why did I leave?"

Sora's knees shake, and he falls down.

"Why couldn't I help him?"

nothingclever
2010-09-21, 01:57 AM
Ken's focus was primarily on Kina, but it shifted between the others as well. "I'll use my powers and I'll always fight, at least to defend myself. I haven't gained anything new from this experience besides knowledge either, but I've had unnatural abilities for a quite a while. They aren't anything flashy. My speed, strength, stamina, durability and reflexes are much better than they should be. In addition to not being a very emotional person I've had a few encounters with creatures like this one in the past which is why I'm able to handle this well. None were on this scale though and I'm still largely clueless about what they are." He was pleased with how well he had conveyed his thoughts. Ken paused to collect them again. "You said before that no one would be home at your house for a while. How long would that be exactly? I'm going to be on my own for the next several days. If you'd also be spending the rest of the day alone and don't want to why don't we both take Sayaka up on her offer? I'm not scared but I am interested in meeting a spiritual expert. Plus I've never had a sleepover before." He smiled slightly as he said the last part.

strawberryman
2010-09-21, 12:11 PM
[Gymnasium]

Valeria smiles and shakes her head at Sayaka. "T-thank you for the offer, but my mom would be worried... speaking of which..." She pulls out her phone, and smiles slightly at the fact that she has reception again. To think she took it for granted before...

She quickly hammers out a text message to send to her mother's phone.

school let out early, can u pick me up?

Steilos
2010-09-21, 12:13 PM
[Abel Residence]

A breathless voice answers Henry's knock from directly behind him.

"Oh. Hello... officer. What... can I do for you?"

The voice comes from a slightly disheveled Claudia Abel, presently brushing a few strands of hair out of her face.

Turning around to face Mrs Abel, Henry wastes no time in getting down to business. "Mrs. Abel? I need to have a word with you. Nothing serious. It's about someone you had at your residence." He stands aside. "Would you care to discuss this further inside?"

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-09-21, 01:21 PM
Botsuraku Kishi

A figure strode silently through Phoenix Town, a single destination in mind. It was tall, taller than most, and clad in medieval plate mail, dented, scratched, and dark. The figure wore a pointed knights Helm, the face a blackened mass beneath the visor, a dark plume rising from the top of it's head. A long cloak of thick brown Bear fur hangs from the figure's shoulders, a large broadsword strapped to his waist in a beaten, well oiled scabbard.

All in all, this was a figure that would draw attention to itself, especially in a large city, but noone paid it much mind. No one stopped to stare, commented about the figure's passage, looked out windows in confusion at the strange sight. Some may have noticed the figures passing, though only as a vague notion of something passing, perhaps a glance that seemingly reveals nothing, and they continue on their way.

Finally, the figure reached it's destination, a small out of the way store, known as the Furousha Shop. The figure opened the front door, and strode into the strange little store frequented mostly by those in the know about it's proprietor and the nature of it's wares. The figure had come, for similar reasons.

Kuroimaken
2010-09-21, 02:42 PM
[Gymnasium]

Denden, what is this? People are turning into Akumushi?
Ayase's mental voice was panicked.

If there's anything I can do to help Val, please tell me! Can my wand heal her, or...

Were they going to come for Valeria too, and make it look like she was dead? Maybe they didn't even fake it, maybe Mori-san was dead when they turned him into one of them.

...I... I dunno how to answer that. It's never happened before. Val... I think Val is herself... but she can use Akumushi powers somehow...

strawberryman
2010-09-21, 02:50 PM
[Furousha Shop]

Viatrix walks in from the back, looking annoyed. "Oi, haven't you heard of kn-" Then she notices the armored fellow. Her expression turns confused and skeptical.

"...I don't know of any renaissance fairs around here, so sorry, can't help you."

[Elsewhere...]

Hibiki walks from the outskirts of town back into the middle of Phoenix city, looking rather... well, like himself. Though his mind is more lost in thought than usual. He picked his gigai back up from the bushes where he hid it, and is still looking rather wet, though he doesn't seem to mind.

What was all that about... good thing I got out of there before I was noticed.

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-09-21, 03:44 PM
[Furousha Shop]

The tall armored figure looks towards the speaker, his face unreadable beneath his metal helmet, a heavy voice rasps past the heavy helm, echoing slightly from within, "I'm sorry, I was informed that this was a good place for someone looking for some work. Should I seek possible employment opportunities elsewhere?"

Sucrose
2010-09-21, 04:24 PM
Turning around to face Mrs Abel, Henry wastes no time in getting down to business. "Mrs. Abel? I need to have a word with you. Nothing serious. It's about someone you had at your residence." He stands aside. "Would you care to discuss this further inside?"

Claudia nods, having finally caught her breath.

"Certainly, officer."

She slips past him, and begins to unlock the door, when a series of beeps are emitted from her purse. She hesitates, then draws out her cell phone, and takes a look at the message.

"Oh... I'm sorry, sir, but it seems like my daughter needs to be picked up. If you don't mind coming with me, you can ask your questions on the way, but otherwise, please come back a little later."

With that, she hurries down the steps, toward her car, her eyes on her phone as she taps out a reply.

np, honey. B there soon. :)

KnightDisciple
2010-09-21, 04:26 PM
Kaito listens to Sayaka and Ken, as well as the others.

"I'm sleeping in my own bed tonight. No offense, but a "sleepover" might be a bit awkward, all told. Between my folks wondering where I am, and the fact that it's not, ah, single gender. At any rate, maybe we should just make sure we all have each other's cell phone numbers? So that we can call each other if something comes up?"

Kuroimaken
2010-09-21, 05:05 PM
It was a while until wave after wave of Hollows stopped trying to make their way into the school. When Hasunaga finally felt at ease enough to deactivate his powers, he found himself shrunk down.

"...Aw ****."

He looked like he was perhaps 12 years old or so - even if a little on the big side for that. Either way he faced a problem that happened to him often when he overused his powers.

Cue the embarassment music. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAr2lmfmZBs&p=D5D899D992D6C306&index=42)

Doing his best to rearrange his clothes, and without the distinguishing marks that would allow him recognition (namely his right eye's injury and the snake-shaped scar on his chest), but still very much fatigued and a little injured, the old teacher pondered what to do. He couldn't go back into his office looking like this - he couldn't affort to be caught on camera after all. But he was still worried about the students left behind.

That's when he noticed that the Reiatsu that seemed to pervade the school was gradually disappearing. At the same time, he could feel a dense concentration of different kinds of Reiatsu coming from the gym. He figured he could at least peek inside. Making his way around the school building, Hasunaga made his way to the place where a battle had happened not that long ago.

Draken
2010-09-21, 06:11 PM
Principal's Office

"That side effect of Hasunaga's powers never fails to amuse me... Keep him away from that Gymnasium Gralster."

Six unbecoming critters appear, not unlike dogs, and not unlike crustaceans, and these six things, called Shrimp, rush through spaces that do not touch, and in the blink of an eye they stand across Hasunaga's path, chittering a growl at him.

"And Gralster... Send for Erscheinung."

And a seventh shrimp appears, but this one leaps straight into the rift of a garganta.

Kuroimaken
2010-09-21, 06:17 PM
Luckily, it never got any worse than this.

"Puh-lease."

He'd stick to the boots alone for now. But it was odd. He was sure there were no more Hollows around. Who, or what could have spotted him?

nothingclever
2010-09-21, 06:24 PM
"Alright." Ken took out his phone and prepared to recite his number and enter those of others.

Prime32
2010-09-21, 06:29 PM
[Gymnasium]
Then it was a new type of Akumushi that did this to Mori-san?

As the numbers start to be called out, Ayase glances at her wand.
Denden, you can add those to memory, right?

She tries to be as subtle as a pink-haired catgirl in a miniskirt can be, wondering if Sayaka can provide any answers.

Kuroimaken
2010-09-21, 06:46 PM
Look, I don't know what to tell you right now. I need to think about it. But don't worry, I can store those no problem.

Steilos
2010-09-21, 06:57 PM
Claudia nods, having finally caught her breath.

"Certainly, officer."

She slips past him, and begins to unlock the door, when a series of beeps are emitted from her purse. She hesitates, then draws out her cell phone, and takes a look at the message.

"Oh... I'm sorry, sir, but it seems like my daughter needs to be picked up. If you don't mind coming with me, you can ask your questions on the way, but otherwise, please come back a little later."

With that, she hurries down the steps, toward her car, her eyes on her phone as she taps out a reply.

Henry nodded. "No, I don't mind all that much." Locking his car, he followed Claudia down to her car, talking as he went. "I believe you've already had an officer out this week. Something about a suspicious individual at a party?"

Callos_DeTerran
2010-09-21, 07:24 PM
Michiko

This was all getting to be too much. Something undeniably...weird had happened in the gymnasium and for perhaps the first time in a long time...Michiko found herself on the outside loop of information. None of it made any sense! What had that weird shimmer been and why had everyone been attacking it? Or rather, why had it been hostile and attacked them? All of those questions, and more, were blunted from the pain she felt in her side, pain that kept her sharply aware of everything that was happening around her and who seemed the most 'aware' of the situation.

That turned out, inevitably, to be Sayaka who had extended a hand to all of the others for safety for those who didn't feel safe. What was the sickly shrine girl up to with such an offer? What was her angle? Oddly, she didn't find herself particularly bothered by the fact that other students had 'gifts' like her deviants and herself seemed to possess. That just rang of opportunity to the yakuza-minded young woman, but there were more important matters to attend to then that at the moment. As the others began to hand out their cell phone numbers, Michiko catches Yuudai's gaze and gives a short jerk of her head towards the doors leading outside into the rain. An ugly looking bruise was beginning to show on the pale skin of her mid-riff, prompting her to pick up the pace. Only once she was outside did she begin to let the pain show, gritting her teeth and doubling over for a moment with her eyes squeezed shut.

This is nothing...pain is temporary. Just get home quick and try to get a handle on things. Figure it out. Was that shimmer alive or did someone make it? Come on girl, you can't just wait out here puzzling it over like a kindergartner. Get home, before Father does, and then get a grip on the rest.

Quickly she begins to lightly jog off towards the street, the route home from school ingrained in her memory by this point...

Shades of Gray
2010-09-21, 07:42 PM
Yuudai

The delinquent slipped out of the school as well, putting the sword back in the bag. He figured that Michiko knew what was happening better than he did, and he wasn't about to go hang out at a shrine overnight, especially with these super-powered... freaks, for lack of a better word.

Downtown

Michiko heard the sound of a motor approaching from behind. As she turned her head she saw a figure on a motorcycle. She had a red jacket on and a helmet, though Michiko could see brown hair trailing behind.

"I'd know that hair anywhere..." The woman said as she stopped the bike in front of the delinquent. She took her helmet off, revealing a familiar face; the face of Yuudai's older sister. "Michiko-San?" It is as the point that she saw her bruise. "Oh god... What happened? Do you need a lift to the hospital?"

Callos_DeTerran
2010-09-21, 08:18 PM
Michiko

Should have brought my umbrella. Stupid shimmer making me drop it. Someone is probably going to take it for themselves once their pow-wow is finished, I'll just use one of the spares back at the house. So cold.

Michiko stormed angerily down the soaked street, arms crossed over her chest for warmth and in a vain attempt to keep from getting as soaked as she seemed likely to become. The light from the bike behind her didn't garner much of her attention, she was too stuck in her own brooding thoughts, until it pulled up along side of her and removed their helmet.

For the first time that day, Michiko lets her practiced mask of cold indifference slip to reveal dumbfounded amazement. Was that really...? What on earth was the chance of this actually happening?

A fresh throb from her side and back brings Michiko back to the situation at hand and she quickly shakes her head, alarm flashing in her blue eyes. Who would blame her? How could she explain an injury like this?

Why yes Doctor, I did say that a sentient gas leak attacked some of my fellow students and I leaped to protect one of them. Why are you giving me such a funny look?

"No! I mean...that's not necessary Fuyuko-sempai, I just need to get bandaged up and get a night or two of good sleep with some ointment. I was just heading ho..." There Michiko paused, a look of constertation crossing her wet face. She couldn't very well go home in this condition, not if her father had managed to get home early. It was too big a risk and would likely get someone hurt. "I was just heading to Yuudai's house actually...He was going to give me a hand getting wrapped up and then I was going to give him some help on homework is all..."

If nothing else, Michiko definitely thought fast on her feet!

Shades of Gray
2010-09-21, 08:26 PM
Fuyuko

"I see. Yeah, he was always so terrible at Math. And English... And Science... And... Well, anything. Anyway, it's so nice to see you again. You've grown up, unlike my brother... Oh! Sorry." Fuyuko remarked as she threw the helmet to Michiko; Michiko should hope that her reflexes are as quick as her wit to catch it. "No sense in getting soaked. Hop on, I'll give you a ride." The woman patted the seat of the motorcycle. "I was heading over that way anyway. I need to pick up some things, I can get you some bandages or whatever."

strawberryman
2010-09-21, 08:49 PM

Valeria sighs in relief, putting her phone back. For a moment, she just sits there, trying to get the energy to stand. When she fails, she looks up ever so pitifully to the others.

"I... I think I'm going to need some help getting my stuff."

Callos_DeTerran
2010-09-21, 08:51 PM
Michiko

The delinquent hesitates for a moment, even as she snatches the helmet out of the air. Did she really want to accept a ride at this point? Hadn't Sayaka mentioned that other things could sense those with 'powers' and might come after them? Would that mean she was putting Fuyuko in danger as well...?

Finally, reluctantly, she hopped up unto the motorcycle behind Yuudai's older sister and pulled on the helmet properly. Soon, she's wrapped her arms about the older girl's mid-section and rests her head against Fuyuko's shoulder for the duration of the ride. Had she ever actually gone to visit Yuudai before?

Hrm...can't remember right now...oh well.

KnightDisciple
2010-09-21, 08:58 PM
Valeria sighs in relief, putting her phone back. For a moment, she just sits there, trying to get the energy to stand. When she fails, she looks up ever so pitifully to the others.

"I... I think I'm going to need some help getting my stuff."Kaito slowly stands up on his own, having just finished taking down some cell phone numbers, and making a quick call to his mother (who could more easily take off work to come pick him up). With a tired smile, he offered Val one hand to help her stand.

"Come on. I think I can manage that, at least."

Shades of Gray
2010-09-21, 09:01 PM
Michiko

The delinquent hesitates for a moment, even as she snatches the helmet out of the air. Did she really want to accept a ride at this point? Hadn't Sayaka mentioned that other things could sense those with 'powers' and might come after them? Would that mean she was putting Fuyuko in danger as well...?

Finally, reluctantly, she hopped up unto the motorcycle behind Yuudai's older sister and pulled on the helmet properly. Soon, she's wrapped her arms about the older girl's mid-section and rests her head against Fuyuko's shoulder for the duration of the ride. Had she ever actually gone to visit Yuudai before?

Hrm...can't remember right now...oh well.
Fuyuko

The ride is not too long, certainly much faster than walking in the downpour. They eventually arrive at a small, modest, one-story house. Fuyuko stopped at the curb, letting Michiko off. "Alright, I'll be back soon, twenty minutes tops. If no one answers the door then there's a key under the mat." Fuyuko explained, taking the helmet off of Michiko. "Remember to take it easy. My brother should be on his hands and knees, getting you anything you need." The woman instructed with a smile, it was hard to tell if she was being sarcastic or not. With that she drove off.

Dorizzit
2010-09-21, 09:16 PM
[School]

Nakahiro gives and receives phone numbers like most of the rest of the students, then slides his phone back into his pocket. He then looks over at Kaito and Valeria.

"I can help too, if you need."

KnightDisciple
2010-09-21, 09:33 PM
Kaito nods at Nakahiro's offer.

"It would be greatly appreciated."

strawberryman
2010-09-21, 10:30 PM
Val takes the offer with a smile, doing what she can on her own. "...sorry, I've been about as useful as an anchor..." She blushes. Even if she helped in the fight, she was incapacitated for nearly the whole time before that... more than enough to feel guilty, anyway.

tgva8889
2010-09-22, 01:48 AM
Kina Yoshimoto

Kina sighs. "Don't...don't always fight. There are times...times when it's best to let sleeping dogs lie." She swings her bag from her back and pulls her phone from it to record several phone numbers. Afterward, she puts everything back. "I think...I'll just take a walk. It's something to think about...and...I sort of...don't feel well in big groups." An awkward smile comes to her and she laughs nervously a few times. "Th-thanks...I'm sorry..." She turns and heads for the door, waving as she leaves.

Although she notices Michiko at least separating from the group, Kina makes no motions to include or bring notice to her in the slightest.

strawberryman
2010-09-22, 10:46 AM
[Furousha Shop]

[Furousha Shop]

The tall armored figure looks towards the speaker, his face unreadable beneath his metal helmet, a heavy voice rasps past the heavy helm, echoing slightly from within, "I'm sorry, I was informed that this was a good place for someone looking for some work. Should I seek possible employment opportunities elsewhere?"

"...I dunno who told you, I'm not exactly looking for anyone..." The guy weirded her out a little... but, then again, she could use someone else to do dirty jobs around the shop, since Eirene was almost always at the cafe...

"...But I guess, if you'll take extremely low pay, and a bed to sleep in, if you need it, I can think about it. What's your name anyway?"

Wahrheit
2010-09-22, 12:19 PM
[Graveyard, Sora]

Sora walked through the graveyard, calming down. Anyone around would hear words being said.

"Of course. Of course the day I leave is the day that poor Souta becomes a bloody Hollow. Why? Why did I leave?"

Sora's knees shake, and he falls down.

"Why couldn't I help him?"

A certain hulking Texan lurked around the graveyard, white duster coat waving in the breeze. He'd left school early, somewhat concerned by the strange, sudden thunderstorm. Back home such things often indicated trouble. Apparently things were different here; he'd sensed Hollows around, but hadn't actually run into any in his patrol to try keeping them away from civilians. He sighed and made a mental note not to jump into action so quickly and on so little evidence next time.

Just a bit ago, though, his reiatsu sense had pinged with... something. It felt almost like a Hollow, but not quite... Rex had never encountered anything like it before. He moved in, ready to let fly with Schreiender Adler if need be, but found only another student. Rex nearly left, but then Sora mentioned Hollows. What? He knows about them? Where did he find out? Rex stepped into the open as Sora fell to his knees. "Uh... are... are you alright? Can I help?" He asked in thickly Texan-accented Japanese, somewhat difficult to understand.

KnightDisciple
2010-09-22, 03:40 PM
Yoshi nods and waves to Kina.

"I'll keep that in mind, Kina. Stay safe, have a good evening, and we'll see you later."

He then turned back to Val, frowning a bit at her comment.

"You contributed just as much as anyone else there at the end. Don't sell yourself short."

He smiled.

"If nothing else, your powers are more dramatic than mine!"

Terry576
2010-09-22, 03:45 PM
A certain hulking Texan lurked around the graveyard, white duster coat waving in the breeze. He'd left school early, somewhat concerned by the strange, sudden thunderstorm. Back home such things often indicated trouble. Apparently things were different here; he'd sensed Hollows around, but hadn't actually run into any in his patrol to try keeping them away from civilians. He sighed and made a mental note not to jump into action so quickly and on so little evidence next time.

Just a bit ago, though, his reiatsu sense had pinged with... something. It felt almost like a Hollow, but not quite... Rex had never encountered anything like it before. He moved in, ready to let fly with Schreiender Adler if need be, but found only another student. Rex nearly left, but then Sora mentioned Hollows. What? He knows about them? Where did he find out? Rex stepped into the open as Sora fell to his knees. "Uh... are... are you alright? Can I help?" He asked in thickly Texan-accented Japanese, somewhat difficult to understand.

Sora whirled around, his eyes turning that pitch black, the inky blackness that enveloped everything, until he saw who was there. His eyes change to their normal (being the operative word,) color.

"Oh. Hi. I-I'm fine. Just fine. Nothing is wrong. Nothing at all."

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-09-22, 03:49 PM
[Furousha Shop]

[Furousha Shop]
"...I dunno who told you, I'm not exactly looking for anyone..." The guy weirded her out a little... but, then again, she could use someone else to do dirty jobs around the shop, since Eirene was almost always at the cafe...

"...But I guess, if you'll take extremely low pay, and a bed to sleep in, if you need it, I can think about it. What's your name anyway?"

The man nodded along with her words. "That'll be fine for now I suppose. It's Botsuraku. Botsuraku Kishi."

Sucrose
2010-09-22, 07:21 PM
Henry nodded. "No, I don't mind all that much." Locking his car, he followed Claudia down to her car, talking as he went. "I believe you've already had an officer out this week. Something about a suspicious individual at a party?"

Claudia nodded, opening her driver's side door, and climbing in.

"A young man with strange delusions, though he did eventually go away."

She shut her door, and opened the passenger-side for Henry to get in.

"So, what's this about a suspicious person you'd like to know about?"

As soon as he gets in, and is more or less seated, she intends to roar out of the driveway.

Wahrheit
2010-09-22, 07:44 PM
Sora whirled around, his eyes turning that pitch black, the inky blackness that enveloped everything, until he saw who was there. His eyes change to their normal (being the operative word,) color.

"Oh. Hi. I-I'm fine. Just fine. Nothing is wrong. Nothing at all."

Rex twitched at the sudden changes in Sora's eyes, moving his hand closer to the inside of his duster. He didn't like the look of this, and he wasn't about to let some new Hollow power get the best of him. "You sure? You sound pretty torn up."

Terry576
2010-09-22, 07:57 PM
Sora grins nervously. His pointy teeth don't help.

"Oh, torn up? Me? No, I'm fine. Nothing is wrong. Now leave."

He shakes a bit, and slaps his face.

"Sorry, that happens sometimes.

Wahrheit
2010-09-22, 08:44 PM
Sora grins nervously. His pointy teeth don't help.

"Oh, torn up? Me? No, I'm fine. Nothing is wrong. Now leave."

He shakes a bit, and slaps his face.

"Sorry, that happens sometimes.

Black eyes. Weird voice. Pointy teeth. OHGOD HOLLOW. Rex swept his hand out of his duster in a drawing motion, crimson light flaring around his hand before forming into a glowing Smith and Wesson revolver, ready to fire. Still, something tickled the back of his mind, and Rex held his fire. "What are you? What's going on today?"

Terry576
2010-09-22, 09:11 PM
Sora does a doubletake.

Wait..... He's got a gun... And I'm still in hu-OHCRAP

His eyes close.

Dark energy crackles around him, as he slowly goes into his False Form, the mask fragment appearing, a sword hanging at his side.

A pair of aquamarine eyes stare at Rex.

"You know, I've been able to keep this a secret for like four years. It's ironic that Random McPerson somehow finds out. You should probably forget this ever happened."

A sword is drawn. The sound is silent, cool, and a feral grin overcomes Sora's face, the eyes glinting in malice,

"It's no bother, I'll help you forget!"

A sonic boom where Sora once stood, as he appears at a nice distance behind Rex, pointing his sword at him.

"Bala."

A single Hollow Bullet shoots out of his sword, straight towards the only one around....

Rex.

Purple Rose
2010-09-22, 09:22 PM
[School]

Takara takes in a deep breath and gets to her feet, feeling a bit more energetic. Still tired, but able to hopefully walk home. She looks at the others and sighs.

"Could... could anyone walk me home? I'm very tired..."

She strokes her scarf as she talks.

KnightDisciple
2010-09-22, 09:24 PM
Kaito turned towards Takara as he, Nakahiro, and Valeria start walking out the gym door.

"Would you accept my mother driving you home when she gets here? Should just be a few minutes now. I'm sure she won't object, what with the weather."

Dorizzit
2010-09-22, 09:26 PM
[School]
Gymnasium

Nakahiro looks over Takara when she speaks up. He stays silent for a few seconds, thinking, before responding.

"Um...I can, if you want. Kaito and Valeria, you guys didn't need my help, did you?"

KnightDisciple
2010-09-22, 09:29 PM
[School]
Gymnasium

Nakahiro looks over Takara when she speaks up. He stays silent for a few seconds, thinking, before responding.

"Um...I can, if you want. Kaito and Valeria, you guys didn't need my help, did you?"Kaito thinks for a minute, then shrugs.

"That works fine as well. I think Val and I can manage; both our parents should be here soon with the car."

It was obvious now that even seemingly unflappable Kaito was tired; he was clearly fighting the urge to yawn. The fact that his left hand was occasionally trembling ever so slightly was more due to the as-yet-unexpressed nerves from his brush with death.

strawberryman
2010-09-22, 10:54 PM
[School]

"You contributed just as much as anyone else there at the end. Don't sell yourself short."

He smiled.

"If nothing else, your powers are more dramatic than mine!"

"T-Thanks." Val blushes slightly.

[Furousha Shop]

The man nodded along with her words. "That'll be fine for now I suppose. It's Botsuraku. Botsuraku Kishi."

Viatrix shrugs. "All right... I'll call you Bo. Come on, I'll show you around." The girl casually scratches her back, looking down to her attire. ...It was probably improper to greet people in short shorts and a tank top, but too late now. With that, she leads into the back of the store, a modestly-decorated living room with contemporary furniture, and a large flatscreen TV. "This is the living room. I'm usually back here until customers come, but I'll probably have you keep everything clean in front." She continues the tour to a nicely-stocked and well-equipped kitchen. There are even two fridges. What is in each one can only guess. "Kitchen. Can you cook?"

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-09-22, 11:12 PM
[Furousha Shop]

Viatrix shrugs. "All right... I'll call you Bo. Come on, I'll show you around." The girl casually scratches her back, looking down to her attire. ...It was probably improper to greet people in short shorts and a tank top, but too late now. With that, she leads into the back of the store, a modestly-decorated living room with contemporary furniture, and a large flatscreen TV. "This is the living room. I'm usually back here until customers come, but I'll probably have you keep everything clean in front." She continues the tour to a nicely-stocked and well-equipped kitchen. There are even two fridges. What is in each one can only guess. "Kitchen. Can you cook?"

Botsuraku follows with a seeming lack of interest, squeezing his armored frame through the shop. When presented with a question, he nods slowly, "Yeah I can cook."

Callos_DeTerran
2010-09-22, 11:35 PM
Michiko

The ride may not have been long, but the wind chill was vicious for someone wearing wet clothing and by the time that Fuyuko had pulled up along side the house to let her off, she's violently shivering with her teeth almost audibly chattering.

"T-t-thank you Fuyuko-sempai." She grumbles, thoughtfully passing back the helmet as she walks up to the door and knocks loudly. It occurred to her that she could have just gone right in...but if he lived with his parents or something that would prove...problematic in the extreme.

Wahrheit
2010-09-23, 12:44 AM
Sora does a doubletake.

Wait..... He's got a gun... And I'm still in hu-OHCRAP

His eyes close.

Dark energy crackles around him, as he slowly goes into his False Form, the mask fragment appearing, a sword hanging at his side.

A pair of aquamarine eyes stare at Rex.

"You know, I've been able to keep this a secret for like four years. It's ironic that Random McPerson somehow finds out. You should probably forget this ever happened."

A sword is drawn. The sound is silent, cool, and a feral grin overcomes Sora's face, the eyes glinting in malice,

"It's no bother, I'll help you forget!"

A sonic boom where Sora once stood, as he appears at a nice distance behind Rex, pointing his sword at him.

"Bala."

A single Hollow Bullet shoots out of his sword, straight towards the only one around....

Rex.

Rex cursed at himself as Sora transformed. He tensed as the Hollow? drew its sword and disappeared; the moment he reappeared, Rex had already begun to blur into Hirenkyaku, dumping reiatsu into his bow and snapping off a shot towards the incoming attack, then launching himself immediately after the bolt while flaring his reiatsu. It probably wouldn't nullify the attack, but it'd get him through it.

The bala pounded into Rex's body, but no worse than some of the tackles back home. Well, maybe a bit worse. In any case, crimson flared through it and cleared a path for a now-battered Quincy. "You're not going to threaten anyone else!" Rex fired a spray of bolts from Schreiender Adler as he lunged towards Sora, blurring into rapid motion a moment later with the intent to tackle immediately after the bolts hit.

Terry576
2010-09-23, 01:02 AM
Sora casually took the shots. Sure it hurt, but he's an Arrancar. It isn't very painful.

He raises an eyebrow as he watches Rex try to tackle him, and decides to start airwalking.

From about 25 feet up, he says,

"Look, widespread property destruction isn't good for spirits. So I'd rather not have to Cero you into forgetting. I'd prefer to merely knock you out and give you short-term amnesia."

After that, he shoots another Bala at Rex.

Wahrheit
2010-09-23, 01:12 AM
Sora casually took the shots. Sure it hurt, but he's an Arrancar. It isn't very painful.

He raises an eyebrow as he watches Rex try to tackle him, and decides to start airwalking.

From about 25 feet up, he says,

"Look, widespread property destruction isn't good for spirits. So I'd rather not have to Cero you into forgetting. I'd prefer to merely knock you out and give you short-term amnesia."

After that, he shoots another Bala at Rex.

"Why? So you can have free reign to prey on the school?" He flashed away from the Bala, continuing to spray shots at Sora until he vanished behind a tree. "What are you doing here?!"

Terry576
2010-09-23, 01:42 AM
Sora rolls his eyes, and vanishes at a farther distance.

"Look, for one, I don't eat human souls. I'm not an... Average Hollow. I'm more of an... Evolution of a Hollow, if you will."

Steilos
2010-09-23, 06:15 AM
Claudia nodded, opening her driver's side door, and climbing in.

"A young man with strange delusions, though he did eventually go away."

She shut her door, and opened the passenger-side for Henry to get in.

"So, what's this about a suspicious person you'd like to know about?"

As soon as he gets in, and is more or less seated, she intends to roar out of the driveway.

Henry gets into the proffered seat, clicks his seatbelt and closes the door. "Oh no, it's nothing about him. I wanted to ask you about who attended that party.
There was an incident at the hospital earlier. Someone, a girl in green, was seen leaving the hospital via window. I got a good enough description from the bystanders to get a list of names."
While he had been talking, the car has started. Not exactly keen to distract someone from driving, he asks "Would you like to see this list now or at the school?"

Wahrheit
2010-09-23, 11:29 AM
Sora rolls his eyes, and vanishes at a farther distance.

"Look, for one, I don't eat human souls. I'm not an... Average Hollow. I'm more of an... Evolution of a Hollow, if you will."

Rex actually stops firing at Sora, though he keeps his gun ready. "What are you doing here?" He thought quickly, considering. This thing was out of his league, at least for the moment, but maybe he could salvage the situation. At least buy time to come up with something. "If you're telling the truth, we don't have any reason to fight. Go back to looking like a kid, I'll put away my gun, and we can talk things through all civilized."

Frozen_Feet
2010-09-23, 11:41 AM
[Outside of School]

When Kaito, Valeria and Nakahiro (and maybe others) step outside, they are greeted by a most surprising sight. Namely, a man dressed in what looks like a black kimono falling from undetermined height and crashing to the ground with a resounding thud. His momentum causes him to bounce and roll on the ground, before coming to stop just a dozen feet away from them. If the kids are perceptive, they might notice a pair of glasses was sent flying to nearby patch of grass by the impact. For some unfathomable reason, the man's clothes are burned and cut, and he has two sword sheathes strapped to his waist.

Sato Hachirou grits his teeth with eyes shut tight, trying hard to preserve what little might remain of his dignity by not screaming from the top of his lungs.

Oopsie.

Say that one more time and OH GOD THE PAIN!

KnightDisciple
2010-09-23, 02:40 PM
[School]

Kaito had been about to say something to his friends and classmates, when the injured man fell from the sky.

"Holy crap!"

He froze in place, unsure of what to do.

Up above, Hirako Yoshi cursed under his breath as Hachirou plummeted. He was too weakened himself to catch the 13th Seat. Nonetheless, he let his own platform dissolve, allowing him to fall, though he carefully used his dwindled reserves to at least land safely near the Officer. Glancing over, he noted Hachirou's glasses on the ground; he quickly walked over and retrieved them, tucking them into a pocket as he jogged over to the man himself.

"Hachirou! Hachirou, can you hear me? Just...just stay there for the moment. I have some first aid training."

With that, Yoshi begins attempting to help at least ease Hachirou's pain; if he has any obvious wounds, he will extract some basic bandages to bind them. If his issues seem to be primarily internal, he will simply make the man comfortable until help arrives.

Meanwhile, Kaito is even more stunned. Two of them? And this one has what looks like guns! Softly, he spoke to everyone present.

"Um...maybe we should leave these guys alone. Move over to one side and stuff. They look like they have things under control..."

Frozen_Feet
2010-09-23, 02:52 PM
"Save your effort", Hachirou grumbles to Yoshi through gritted teeth, "I live through worse everyday. I'm not injured, just tired dead. And you better not try to do anything about that, or you'll end up like me. I know you have no extra energy to spare. Lets just wait for Sietka-kun." He is visibly in a bad mood. Then again, you'd be too, after falling on your face from thirty feet...

strawberryman
2010-09-23, 03:32 PM
[School]

Valeria stares... also lost for words. And here she thought the day couldn't get more stressful...

[Furousha Shop]

"Oh, good. Then you wouldn't mind cooking occasionally?" Viatrix asks... but Botsuraku gets the sense it was a rhetorical question. She quickly moves on before allowing the armored fellow a chance to answer, leading the way through a hall before stopping at the very end, and opening a door to a small, spartan visitor's room with a futon and a few drawers on the walls. "And you can sleep here. If you hear any weird sounds at night... uh, don't mind those."

Kuroimaken
2010-09-23, 04:10 PM
In the meantime, shota-Hasunaga was playing whack-a-mole with the Shrimps.

Sucrose
2010-09-23, 04:33 PM
Henry gets into the proffered seat, clicks his seatbelt and closes the door. "Oh no, it's nothing about him. I wanted to ask you about who attended that party.
There was an incident at the hospital earlier. Someone, a girl in green, was seen leaving the hospital via window. I got a good enough description from the bystanders to get a list of names."
While he had been talking, the car has started. Not exactly keen to distract someone from driving, he asks "Would you like to see this list now or at the school?"

Claudia thinks, coming briefly to a stop at a sign requiring it.

"At the school, please. Valeria might be of help as well."

With that, she turns back to the road, and stares for a moment. When she leaves the stop sign, she's going ever so slightly faster than before.

Prime32
2010-09-23, 06:02 PM
The other students may realise that the mysterious warrior of love vanished at some point.

"Heart power, undo." Ayase whispers, looking around the cubicle. She'd wait in the bathroom a bit longer, and say she had been hiding.

Terry576
2010-09-23, 06:30 PM
Rex actually stops firing at Sora, though he keeps his gun ready. "What are you doing here?" He thought quickly, considering. This thing was out of his league, at least for the moment, but maybe he could salvage the situation. At least buy time to come up with something. "If you're telling the truth, we don't have any reason to fight. Go back to looking like a kid, I'll put away my gun, and we can talk things through all civilized."

Sora snorts.

"Fine. I'm warning you, if you shoot me, it will go badly for you."

He phases back into human form, and that sparkling aquamarine is replaced with dull red.

Wahrheit
2010-09-23, 07:25 PM
Sora snorts.

"Fine. I'm warning you, if you shoot me, it will go badly for you."

He phases back into human form, and that sparkling aquamarine is replaced with dull red.

Rex took a deep breath, hesitating, and Schreiender Adler vanished in a flash of red light. "Okay, what's going on? What are you?" He vaguely recognized Sora from school, but didn't know him. "While we're at it, let's cut a deal. You don't expose me, I don't expose you."

Shades of Gray
2010-09-23, 08:00 PM
Michiko

The ride may not have been long, but the wind chill was vicious for someone wearing wet clothing and by the time that Fuyuko had pulled up along side the house to let her off, she's violently shivering with her teeth almost audibly chattering.

"T-t-thank you Fuyuko-sempai." She grumbles, thoughtfully passing back the helmet as she walks up to the door and knocks loudly. It occurred to her that she could have just gone right in...but if he lived with his parents or something that would prove...problematic in the extreme.

The door opened revealing... no one at first. The walls of the house were a rather pale cream and didn't seem to be really decorated at all. As Michiko looks down she'll see two girls. They appeared to be around eight, give or take a year. The two young girls stare at Michiko blankly. They then turned around and began talking to each other in a voice that they think Michiko can't hear.

"Nee-Chan, she looks like those girls from Onii-San's posters."
"I wonder why she's here."
"Maybe she's lost."
"Maybe she wants her poster back."
"Why would she walk through the rain to get here?"

Finally one of the girls spoke up, looking to face the purple-haired giant that stood before them.

"Ummm... Miss, who are you?"

Terry576
2010-09-23, 08:17 PM
Rex took a deep breath, hesitating, and Schreiender Adler vanished in a flash of red light. "Okay, what's going on? What are you?" He vaguely recognized Sora from school, but didn't know him. "While we're at it, let's cut a deal. You don't expose me, I don't expose you."

Sora ponders this question.

"I don't know. I consider myself an... Anomaly, if you will. I gained these abilities in a rather different way, and I use them much like a Shinigami, albeit in Hollow style. And about your deal? Fine. I don't care much for Quincies, but you're more trustworthy than the average human or Shinigami."

He reaches out for a hand, ready for a handshake.

(I'm well aware Sora flat out lied about his abilities. I meant for him too.)

Wahrheit
2010-09-23, 08:51 PM
Sora ponders this question.

"I don't know. I consider myself an... Anomaly, if you will. I gained these abilities in a rather different way, and I use them much like a Shinigami, albeit in Hollow style. And about your deal? Fine. I don't care much for Quincies, but you're more trustworthy than the average human or Shinigami."

He reaches out for a hand, ready for a handshake.

(I'm well aware Sora flat out lied about his abilities. I meant for him too.)

"I also wanna keep an eye on you. See if I can figure out what you are. Be good to know." Rex shrugged and shook Sora's hand firmly, his other hand holding the Ginto on his keychain, just in case.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-09-23, 08:53 PM
Michiko

I...did come to the right house, didn't I?

Michiko stares at the two girls just as they stare back at her. Was this the right house? She didn't know that Yuudai had some younger sisters, but then again she hadn't been over here before either. Perhaps she should have waited for Fuyuko before coming in...

"...I could ask you the same question. Does Yuudai live here?" She asks bluntly, falling back to the familiar 'entitled rich girl' persona in the face of this most recent confusion. Thus she became haughty, cold, and imperious...the bane of most children!

"...What posters?"

Terry576
2010-09-23, 08:55 PM
"I also wanna keep an eye on you. See if I can figure out what you are. Be good to know." Rex shrugged and shook Sora's hand firmly, his other hand holding the Ginto on his keychain, just in case.

"Fine. Now excuse me, we were making noise that could wake..."

He whips out a pair of red kind of pointy sunglasses, and puts them on.

"The Dead."

Shades of Gray
2010-09-23, 09:10 PM
Michiko

I...did come to the right house, didn't I?

Michiko stares at the two girls just as they stare back at her. Was this the right house? She didn't know that Yuudai had some younger sisters, but then again she hadn't been over here before either. Perhaps she should have waited for Fuyuko before coming in...

"...I could ask you the same question. Does Yuudai live here?" She asks bluntly, falling back to the familiar 'entitled rich girl' persona in the face of this most recent confusion. Thus she became haughty, cold, and imperious...the bane of most children!

"...What posters?"The two convened again.

We're not supposed to talk about them, right?
Yeah, he said we'd get in big trouble if we did.

They turned around and began speaking once more, entirely sure of the secrecy of their conversation.

"Ummm... Nothing, nevermind."
"Anyway, yeah. He just got home a couple of minutes ago."
"Are you his girlfriend or something?"
"Nee-Chan, girls that look like that don't date people like our Onii-San." She said, addressing her sister.
"Oh, I guess you're right. She's probably his tutor or something."

Yuudai just came into view as well. "M-Michiko... Why are you here?" His eyes went wide. "Airi-Chan! Aiko-Chan! The hell are you two doing? Let her in!" He ordered to his sisters. "Uhhh. I'll get you a towel or something." He suggested, being far less inquisitive than he would normally be due to the presence of his sisters.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-09-23, 11:26 PM
"Save your effort", Hachirou grumbles to Yoshi through gritted teeth, "I live through worse everyday. I'm not injured, just tired dead. And you better not try to do anything about that, or you'll end up like me. I know you have no extra energy to spare. Lets just wait for Sietka-kun." He is visibly in a bad mood. Then again, you'd be too, after falling on your face from thirty feet...

After a few moments, a young looking woman joins the two men. She is dressed in a similar manner, with the addition of black half gloves. Her sword is a little smaller than theirs, with a keychain dangling from the pommel. She also has an unconscious woman on her back.

Hachirou! Sir! Are you alright? She lands near them and gently sets Kyou down before seeing to the injured man.

Sorry I didn't get here sooner! I guess I need to work on my speed. She starts looking him over, checking the damage.

Steilos
2010-09-24, 10:32 AM
Claudia thinks, coming briefly to a stop at a sign requiring it.

"At the school, please. Valeria might be of help as well."

With that, she turns back to the road, and stares for a moment. When she leaves the stop sign, she's going ever so slightly faster than before.

"Alright." Claudia seemed to be urgent... Had something happened at the school? There was something... wrong about this. But there's nothing to do but wait, and so Henry does just that.

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-09-24, 10:36 AM
[Furousha Shop]

Botsuraku nods as Viatrix speaks, and when she finishes he asks simply. "Anything else?"

Wahrheit
2010-09-24, 04:59 PM
"Fine. Now excuse me, we were making noise that could wake..."

He whips out a pair of red kind of pointy sunglasses, and puts them on.

"The Dead."

Rex stared blankly at him. "Keep up jokes like that and I'll hafta put you down for the good of humanity." Awkward silence ensued. "So, uh, I reckon I'm gonna get back into civvies and go about my day."

strawberryman
2010-09-24, 05:24 PM
[Furousha Shop]

Botsuraku nods as Viatrix speaks, and when she finishes he asks simply. "Anything else?"

"Nope, that oughta be about it... oh, are you fine with, say... 422 yen an hour?" Viatrix eyes Botsu.

((That's about $5 in USD. :smalltongue:))

Callos_DeTerran
2010-09-24, 08:07 PM
The two convened again.

We're not supposed to talk about them, right?
Yeah, he said we'd get in big trouble if we did.

They turned around and began speaking once more, entirely sure of the secrecy of their conversation.

"Ummm... Nothing, nevermind."
"Anyway, yeah. He just got home a couple of minutes ago."
"Are you his girlfriend or something?"
"Nee-Chan, girls that look like that don't date people like our Onii-San." She said, addressing her sister.
"Oh, I guess you're right. She's probably his tutor or something."

Yuudai just came into view as well. "M-Michiko... Why are you here?" His eyes went wide. "Airi-Chan! Aiko-Chan! The hell are you two doing? Let her in!" He ordered to his sisters. "Uhhh. I'll get you a towel or something." He suggested, being far less inquisitive than he would normally be due to the presence of his sisters.

Michiko

Michiko can't help but feel as if she was an intruder in this situation, considering how the children talked to one another as if she wasn't there. Did all children do that? She didn't remember doing that when she was their age...then again she didn't exactly have someone else for a secretive conversation with either.

So, instead, she loudly cleared her throat.

"I can hear you, you know that right?" she says loudly, though part of her really didn't want to know more about these 'posters'. "What? What on earth would make you think I was his girlfriend?!"

Without even realizing it, some color had filtered unto her cheeks at the insinuation, about the same time that Yuudai came into view and ushered the two girl's back so Michiko could storm into the small abode.

"Yuudai, now would be a bad time to tell me that you are running an illegal sweat-shop out of your basement. Are these two...children your sisters?" She demands loudly, gesturing to the two girls as a bit of a growl creeps into her voice.

Sucrose
2010-09-24, 08:38 PM
Claudia nods, and says nothing further until they arrive.

When they get to school grounds, she parks in the nearest legal point, and then runs straight toward Valeria's location, taking no notice of the fallen shinigami. She opens her arms wide for an embrace, smiling beatifically.

"Vally!"

Shades of Gray
2010-09-24, 08:48 PM
Michiko

Michiko can't help but feel as if she was an intruder in this situation, considering how the children talked to one another as if she wasn't there. Did all children do that? She didn't remember doing that when she was their age...then again she didn't exactly have someone else for a secretive conversation with either.

So, instead, she loudly cleared her throat.

"I can hear you, you know that right?" she says loudly, though part of her really didn't want to know more about these 'posters'. "What? What on earth would make you think I was his girlfriend?!"

Without even realizing it, some color had filtered unto her cheeks at the insinuation, about the same time that Yuudai came into view and ushered the two girl's back so Michiko could storm into the small abode.

"Yuudai, now would be a bad time to tell me that you are running an illegal sweat-shop out of your basement. Are these two...children your sisters?" She demands loudly, gesturing to the two girls as a bit of a growl creeps into her voice.

Yuudai

The boy nodded, seeming uneasy. "Step-sisters, but yeah. Step-sisters who need to learn to be polite to strangers." He said with a sigh. "Airi, Aiko, could you make yourselves useful and get her some tea or something?" The girls nodded and left to the kitchen as Yuudai walked out of sight for a moment and came back with a towel that he threw to the unexpected guest. "... If I knew you were coming I would have cleaned up better. How'd you find out where I lived?" The boy asked, concerned. "More importantly, why'd you come?"

strawberryman
2010-09-24, 09:16 PM
[School]

Val blinks as her mom hugs her, perplexed by her enthusiasm, but reciprocating it nonetheless. "...It was only the first day of school, mom..." She's only slightly embarrassed.

Sucrose
2010-09-24, 09:31 PM
Claudia nods, calming down a bit.

"Oh, I know, Vally. I'm still just excited for you, and glad that it seems like it went well."

She then sighs, and pulls herself back to look into Valeria's eyes.

"Anyway, the car is close. Do any of your friends need rides?"

KnightDisciple
2010-09-24, 09:38 PM
Kaito kept glancing towards the Shinigami, but didn't say anything about it. He smiled and gave a slight bow as Claudia arrived.

"Thank you for the offer, ma'am, but my mother should be here soon. And Val's right. It was an interesting first day, but...well, you know how school can be."

Come on, poker face Kaito, poker face.

Meanwhile, with Yoshi and the others...

Yoshi had stepped back when Alysha arrived, wanting to give her room to work. Now, he was standing there watching the kids.

Some of whom were watching back.

Turning towards Hachirou, he spoke up with relatively low volume.

"Hachirou, I think at least some of those mortal children can see us. What should we do?"

Kuroimaken
2010-09-24, 09:47 PM
It was about then that a very much annoyed Shotanaga (yes, that will be his official name while in such a state, deal with it :smalltongue:) had finally finished what he had run into and ran into the kids proper.

Worst of all, not only was he... very much out in the open, there were injured Shinigami AND regular people around. Not very good.

He looked like he'd been through some really odd stuff. That's not to speak of the fact that he was wearing clothes that, by all rights, belonged to an adult man, not a 12-year-old.

And there were spots of him that had been bleeding until no longer than a half hour ago - if that.

strawberryman
2010-09-24, 11:11 PM
[School]

Valeria puts up a smile despite her inner strife. "Yeah, mom..." As soon as she's set free, she looks to Kaito. "See you tomorrow, Kaito, Nakahiro... let's talk about clubs tomorrow." That it's a bit early in the year for clubs yet should clue the others in that she's talking about other extracurricular activities...

Frozen_Feet
2010-09-25, 06:40 AM
[School]

"Eh?" Hachirou quirks an eyebrow and stiffly turns his neck to catch a glimpse of Kaito. He tries hard to remember what their standard memory-erasing devises are called, but it just doesn't come to his mind through the pain. "Unless you have one those... whatever they are... with you, just leave them be. I doubt we're the first spirits of the dead they've seen." The officer doesn't bother to keep his voice down.

Hachirou turns his eyes back at Yoshi and crosses his hand on his chest. He seems a bit more relaxed now. "Depending on their attitude, they need either a shrink or priest more than us. There's a shrine nearby, isn't it? They can go there if they're worried... Just call surveillance and ask for a Senkai gate to our location now."

Kuroimaken
2010-09-25, 09:51 AM
Shotanaga decides to stumble his way directly to the side of the injured Shinigami.

He sits besides them, looking particularly tired, and mumbles something for them to hear.

"I really wish I didn't have to pick up your slack, guys. Can either of you tell me what the hell happened?"

Sucrose
2010-09-25, 01:28 PM
Claudia smiles.

"Indeed I do, Kaito-kun. Well, if none of you need rides, then I suppose we'll be going~."

WIth that, she turns back toward the car, and gently ushers Valeria in that direction as well.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-09-25, 02:18 PM
Yuudai

The boy nodded, seeming uneasy. "Step-sisters, buy yeah. Step-sisters who need to learn to be polite to strangers." He said with a sigh. "Airi, Aiko, could you make yourselves useful and get her some tea or something?" The girls nodded and left to the kitchen as Yuudai walked out of sight for a moment and came back with a towel that he threw to the unexpected guest. "... If I knew you were coming I would have cleaned up better. How'd you find out where I lived?" The boy asked, concerned. "More importantly, why'd you come?"

Michiko

Michiko snatches the towel out of the air and drapes it over her head almost right away, setting about to drying it with almost vengeful enthusiasm. It's why her head is so hidden that she answers.

"I do have a computer Yuudai. As well as your name, cellphone number, and what school you go to. It's not exactly hard to find a person's address with all that information." She mumbles, finally lowering the towel once she feels that her mane of dyed hair is dry and revealing a veritable mess of black and purple hair. If it wasn't Michiko then it probably would have been hilarious...well...it was still hilarious actually. ...Oh, and your older sister dropped me off here. That too. She should be getting back shortly."

Exposed skin came next, the girl eager to get any of the chill water off of her before casting a side-long glance at Yuudai.

"All the weird stuff today...and you are wondering why I showed up? I need answers about what happened in the gym...and...uh...some place to get patched up before heading home." She admits somewhat sheepishly, cheeks coloring pink again, "If my father sees me beat up like this then heads are going to roll."

Finally she drapes the towel over her shoulders, "Where's your bathroom?"

Shades of Gray
2010-09-25, 02:56 PM
Yuudai

"What makes you think I have the answers?" Yuudai asked with a frown as the girl dried her hair. Wait, there was a girl in his house! And Michiko, no less. Though if anyone were to visit him then it'd probably be his boss. Damn, why couldn't one of those cute girls from earlier come to his house all soaking wet and asking for warmth? Wait, was Michiko saying something? Something about his sister, Yuudai was not really paying attention to the first girl who ever came into his house; he was busy thinking of future opportunities. Maybe monsters should attack the school more often? A few seconds and fantasies later he resumed listening to Michiko.

"Uh, r-right. The bathroom is just down the hall and to the left. More towels are on the top shelf."

nothingclever
2010-09-25, 03:47 PM
Ken Go - School

Ken turned to Sayaka. "Even though the others aren't interested in going with you I still am, if that's alright."

Callos_DeTerran
2010-09-25, 04:24 PM
Yuudai

"What makes you think I have the answers?" Yuudai asked with a frown as the girl dried her hair. Wait, there was a girl in his house! And Michiko, no less. Though if anyone were to visit him then it'd probably be his boss. Damn, why couldn't one of those cute girls from earlier come to his house all soaking wet and asking for warmth? Wait, was Michiko saying something? Something about his sister, Yuudai was not really paying attention to the first girl who ever came into his house; he was busy thinking of future opportunities. Maybe monsters should attack the school more often? A few seconds and fantasies later he resumed listening to Michiko.

"Uh, r-right. The bathroom is just down the hall and to the left. More towels are on the top shelf."

Michiko

"You were in the gym before I was and the people in there seemed to know what was going on. It's just logic to assume that you know as well." the young woman says simply enough, nodding at the directions and leaving without much more commotion. There would be time for discussion latter after she had dried off a little bit.

Once in the bathroom she's quick to locate a hair dryer and brush, proceeding to tame her long hair back into it's typical 'hime' cut. Then came the slightly riskier part, that of laying out her wet clothes on the sink, wrapping a towel around herself, and turning the hair dryer on them (After wringing them out) to help them dry out a little bit. To help warm up a bit faster, Michiko turns on the hot water in the shower but leaves the stall open, letting the steam billow out and fill up the bathroom.

Shades of Gray
2010-09-25, 04:38 PM
Yuudai

Yuudai sighed in relief, then made his way to his room to tear down a few posters. He went to get some clothes, a sweater and some loose sweatpants, when he heard a peculiar yet familiar sound. The sound of a knob turning... Fsssssssssssh. The water was running. A girl was in his bathroom. A girl was using his shower. A girl was going to use his bar of soap. A girl was going to use his towel. This all proved to be too much for the poor boy to handle, so he went with his instincts. Michiko would hear the bathroom door slam open, and would see Yuudai bursting into the room, wide-eyed and shocked.

Dorizzit
2010-09-25, 07:25 PM
[School]

Nakahiro remains totally silent as the Shinigami arrive in increasing numbers. He tilts his head to the side, staring at them curiously. He'd a seen a Shinigami before, but never up close. To anyone who couldn't see the death gods, it would look like he was staring into space with absolute focus. His friends knew better. He seems totally oblivious to his surroundings until Valeria leaves, subtly referencing the day's events.

"Hm? Oh, yeah. See you tomorrow."

Meanwhile, on the Shinigami end of things, Hideuchi arrives soon after the others, appearing on the ground at the end of a flash step. His Zanpakutos have been resealed and hidden up his sleeves. He gives the other Shinigami cursory glance, decides his help isn't needed, then folds his arms and glares over at the staring students. Iwaki makes it to the ground some time later, having eschewed the tiring flash steps for a quick jog. He lands heavily, then scans the sky above for any signs of pursuit. He then glances at the students briefly, before turning his attention to the other Shinigami.

KnightDisciple
2010-09-25, 08:41 PM
[Kaito]

Kaito gives a faint smile and a wave.

"You have a good day as well, Mrs. Nobel."

Once she and Val are in the car and moving, he'll turn to look towards Nakahiro.

"Try not to stare too hard. I think they've noticed us."

Kaito himself was splitting his attention between watching for his mother, watching the other students, and glancing at the shinigami. He shivered a bit when one of the later arrivals started glaring at them.

Yoshi barely restrains the urge to pull his hair out as several frustrations appear. He first turns to Hideuchi, a deep frown on his face.

"Hideuchi, stop that. Now. The mortals have done nothing wrong, and clearly don't intend to approach us. Well, those mortals, at any rate. Keep your eyes focused on watching for real enemies. You know, Hollows."

Exhaustion tinges his words right alongside sarcasm. He then turns to face Shotanaga, a thoughtful frown on his face.

"I have a few questions.

First, who are you?
Second, how can you see us?
Third, why do you appear so young, yet wear clothes that seem to befit someone older, and speak as if you were older?
Fourth..."

Here his frown becomes a scowl.

"Where do you get off telling us off? You don't even know what we've been doing. We barely survived out there, mortal. We put our lives on the line, and nearly lost some of our own. Defending this school from a monster the likes of which might just kill you with a backhand blow. So I'd appreciate you not talking about "picking up our slack", when we kept most any Hollows from getting close to the school."

Dorizzit
2010-09-25, 09:06 PM
[School]
Outside

It takes Nakahiro a few seconds to react to Kaito's suggestion, at which point he turns to look at the other Medium.

"Hm? Oh. Right."

He turns away from the Shinigami, but seems distracted.

Hideuchi glowers sourly at Yoshi, but respects his superior rank and turns his head away.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-09-25, 09:09 PM
[Alysha]

Alysha darts back and forth between the gathering shinigami, checking on any damage from their encounter. She'll heal such damage, even if the person tries brushing her off. She just can't let injured people walk around! It's just not right.

She glances at the mortals watching them every so often. She's never really had contact with them, and this is the closest she remembers being to them before. She was a little curious. If she wasn't busy fixing people, she'd probably go over and start talking to them.

Kuroimaken
2010-09-25, 09:43 PM
Damn... can't smoke.

"I don't have a name to give you just yet. Introductions will have to wait." Shotanaga mumbled. "Someone else could be listening after all."

"You know the answer to the second one. I just can."

Taking a deep sigh, the adult in a child's body stares grimly into Yoshi's eyes. There's something very sad about his eyes. Specially his right one. It feels... faded. As though it hasn't "seen" in a very long time. For a child, his eyes were excessively weary. And then there was the downpour slowly becoming more and more of a drizzle, but still soaking him to the bone.

With one eye I see tomorrow, and the other one I see yesterday...

"Thirty years too late, Shinigami."

But this was no time to talk about the past.

"I can tell. Some of your own are still fighting. Someone stronger than you."

Hollows didn't leave corpses behind. But they did shed blood. They left a small part of their Reiatsu behind. Otherwise, no Zanpakutou would ever grow dull.

This was the front of the school. And the ground was red.

tgva8889
2010-09-25, 10:40 PM
Kina Yoshimoto

Kina steps outside of the school, bag slung over her shoulder. She looks back every so often, wishing someone had followed her out, but she realizes that he's not coming after a while. Eventually, she starts walking, her mind racing with thoughts.

Who...was that girl? ...Sakaya? Phoenix Town isn't my home. But that many spiritually-empowered people...in one school? In one class no less. And then...a spirit available for hollowfication, and someone capable of teaching us...but not capable of solving the problem on her own. Sakaya had skill, certainly...but something about it all wasn't right. This couldn't be just coincidence...could it? And...what if there are others? What if... what if we aren't the only kids with spiritual awareness?

A car horn pulls Kina from her reverie. She barely has enough focus to stop walking before she enters the crosswalk. Wow. There's just...too much going on.

Kasanip
2010-09-26, 01:37 AM
Ken Go - School

Ken turned to Sayaka. "Even though the others aren't interested in going with you I still am, if that's alright."

Sayaka

Sayaka turned to Ken and nodded.
"Ok. I am afraid we will have to walk. It is not very close either."

She looked at the first year student.
"My name is Sayaka Kondo." She continued. "I am a second year student here. Nice to meet you."

Still seeming a little distracted, she turned to look up at the ceiling. Of course her thoughts were like 'something else surely is wrong, and I must discover it.' But to take the paper talisman on the ground and put them into her gymnasium bag, and then to turn to leave.

"If you want, you can use my cell phone to call your parents? I-I'm not sure what sort of an arrangement this is, but a promise is a promise that I will protect you."

What an awkward thing to say.

Erima

"O-oi, Takara. Are you ok? Don't go falling asleep here...we'll never get home!" The sleepy sounding scarf seemed to say to Takara silently.

nothingclever
2010-09-26, 02:14 AM
Ken

"That's fine by me. Doesn't a long walk sound like a pleasant way to unwind after what happened? I'm Ken Go and I'm your junior. It's nice to meet you too." Unlike Sayaka the events that had transpired cleared his mind and put him at ease. To him they were exhilarating. "It's alright. I don't need to call them. How about we both promise to protect each other mutually? I feel the current arrangement is a little one sided." Saying "I'll protect you," definitely was awkward and so was being on the receiving end of those words, especially as a guy when they came from a girl.

Steilos
2010-09-26, 12:31 PM
Henry said nothing as Claudia pulled up to the school. He does, however, do a double-take at the people that Claudia blithely ran past. By the time Claudia gets back to the car, she will find Henry stood outside the passeneger side, just taking in the sights.

And boy, was there a lot to see. His mind now absolutely roiling with questions, the detective waved as the Abels made their way over. There was something most definitely off about... about, well, pretty much everyone gathered except for Claudia. He'd need some time alone with this Valeria... See what she knew.

strawberryman
2010-09-26, 02:58 PM
[School - Transit]

Valeria climbs in the back on seeing someone sitting in front. She looks to the man carefully. Should he look back, he will notice that Valeria is a fair bit sickly-looking as compared to other kids her age.

"Um... hello?"

Sucrose
2010-09-26, 03:05 PM
Claudia pauses for a moment.

"Oh, yes. Vally, this is Officer... I don't believe I got your name, actually. Well, anyway, he just has a few questions for us, while we go back home."

Relations established, she then climbs into the driver's seat, and begins pulling out of the parking space.

Kasanip
2010-09-27, 04:08 AM
Sayaka

Ken's notice of a pleasant way
Sayaka gave a rare smile.
" Being someone who always was alone, I did not think of your feelings. I apologize.

Very well, let's work together then." Sayaka said with a nod. She pointed straight. And in silence then for a while they walked as the houses become more small-numbered.

What do I try to say? Sayaka thought with troubled feelings.

"How long have you seen spirits?" She asked Ken.

nothingclever
2010-09-27, 10:41 AM
"I've sensed strange things for years, but I've only started to actually see spirits several months ago. How long have you been able to see them? Do you regularly fight them?" Ken didn't mind the temporary lack of conversation. The act of walking together alone could further their potential friendship. They'd also have more to say when they reached her place.

Steilos
2010-09-27, 03:48 PM
"My name is Henry, and don't worry. You aren't in trouble." He says no more as he waits to get back to Claudia's house to talk this over.

...Valeria was bothering him though. She looked like she'd seen a ghost.

Frozen_Feet
2010-09-27, 05:04 PM
[School yard]

Something in Hasunaga's attitude is grating Hachirou's nerves. True, he hadn't personally slain a single Hollow on this expedition, but overall his patrol had probably freed the poor town from significant portion of its lost souls. While it seems the mortal had done his fair share of fighting, it should be obvious he would've faced much worse were it not for the Shinigami.

So why is he being such a thankless bastard?

"Mortal, it's true the Hollow we left behind overwhelmed us. But we're just footsoldiers, scouts, and guides; hardly the extent what our kin have to offer", he says matter-of-factly, though his face belies some amount of pride and snark in his demeanor. "Even now, people better suited for the job are engaging the creature. I have no doubt we'll prevail today."

He tries to rise up and offer a hand to the seeming boy, but his muscles don't bother to obey him. Sighing, he keeps talking from the ground. "Of course, your efforts have been valiant today as well. Though I have no insight to the nature of your powers, I still offer my graditude for your help. Where ever your enemies might be now, you've still saved innocent lives. Thank you."

About middleway through this speech, another black-glad figure appears to the horizon. When Hachirou finishes, Zaraki Nasumi has rejoined their company, panting heavily and carrying Kazuma on her back. After few seconds of catching her breath, she suddenly stiffens, almost falls backwards, and then salutes her prone officer as well as she can. "Za - Za - Zaraki Nasumi -mi reporting!", she stutters. "I hope you didn't have to wa - wait too long! I'm so sorry if we're late!"

Hachirou can only quirk an eyebrow at this single-minded devotion to military etiquette.

Aww, don't you just love that girl?

For the last time, Jin, shut the hell up!

Kuroimaken
2010-09-27, 06:08 PM
Kazuma seemed uncomfortable at being on Nasumi's back. It probably had to do with the fact he was still aching, and bouncing up and down on her shoulders did little for his state. He eventually poked her slightly in the shoulder and whispered, "Zaraki-kun, if you'd be so kind to let me down...?"

"Amagatsu Kazuma here, sir. In one piece, more or less. Anyone else we should be expecting?"

Shotanaga merely eyed the quite beaten Kazuma and his companion. Then he turned back to Hachirou. "I've always wondered why you Shinigami dress in black. The way I figure, it's so you don't see your own blood soaking your clothes when you fight at night." He murmured. "I can tell that someone's fighting even now. But the last time I let someone fight on his own, that someone got killed. You can complain all you want about my attitude, and it won't change the fact that as of right now, someone else is fighting for you."

It seemed that he was trying to be less 'thankless', but he had a great deal of bitterness in him. "Out of the Hollows I killed today, only one gave me significant trouble. The rest were easy. So you don't need to thank me." He looked a little nervous. Every so often he'd reach for his breast pocket and stop himself just shy of that. "Anyway, I guess some of you fought harder than others... not that I blame you."

He gazed towards Nasumi and Kazuma in particular, whom pretty much were in absolute stark contrast with each other. Nasumi was winded, but it seemed to have been from running over with a companion over her shoulder.

KnightDisciple
2010-09-27, 06:58 PM
[Yoshi]

Yoshi was at a scowl now.

"Color schemes aside, I don't appreciate what you're trying to guilt us with. We Shinigami are wise enough to realize when we're outclassed by something."

He glanced at Kyou.

"Well, most of the time. At any rate, the person fighting that threat now is vastly more capable than we are. We'd actually present more of a risk for him if we were present, as he wouldn't feel as free to fight all-out. Knowing your own strength, and the limits thereof, is just common sense. So don't try to make us feel like scum just because we've given it our all, and passed the baton onto someone else willing and able to fight."

strawberryman
2010-09-27, 07:12 PM
Kyou sneezes in her unconsciousness.

...Yep.

Kuroimaken
2010-09-27, 08:16 PM
"And what's going to happen when you're the only one that your companions can depend on?"

He let that sink in for a minute.

The obvious answer to that would be, "as long as I have my companions, I have others to depend on". But companions need to be protected too. Yoshi would likely catch onto that.

"I am not accusing you of anything. If there's guilt in there somewhere, that's all you. All I am saying is that next time, you might not be able to run. You might not have someone to count on. THEN how do you plan to protect your friends?"

After another pause, he shrugged ever-so-slightly.

"But you probably knew all that already. I don't need to remind you of what you must strive for. In the end, when it's all up to you... you'll be glad for this little lecture."

KnightDisciple
2010-09-27, 08:31 PM
[Yoshi]

"Then I'd do whatever I could to protect my comrades. What else do you want me to say? That I'll stay on the battlefield, even when I'm useless in a fight, just to get in the way of someone who's well above me in strength? I've been learning how to work with my fellows since before you were born, Mortal. Even if you're older than your current physical body would suggest. Which I suspect you are.

So shut up and stop trying to act like you know better than us. We have to take care of our wounded."

With that, he turned his back on Shotanaga and activated his interdimensional phone.

"I need a senkai gate at my present location. Roger, 60 seconds, understood."

He turned off the phone and raised his voice slightly.

"Gate will be online and on-site in 60 seconds and counting, people! Let's get ready to move out!"

Meanwhile, Kaito had edged even further from the growing tension by the Shinigami. He sighed in relief as his mom pulled up in her car.

He turned and waved to everyone who was left.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow. Feel free to call me if you need to...check scheduling."

With that, he hopped in the car and was quickly on his way home.

Kuroimaken
2010-09-27, 08:40 PM
"What I want you to say doesn't matter. Words are cheap. What I want you to do is keep anyone from dying. Because maybe, next time, I might not be here."

Shotanaga finally fell back on his arms, suddenly feeling very tired.

"You don't want to live with regret. Specially since you live longer than humans."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-09-27, 08:51 PM
Alysha could feel the tension in the air. To keep herself occupied, she checks on the newest arrivals, fixing them as needed.

Sucrose
2010-09-27, 08:58 PM
The trio fairly quickly arrive back at the Abel residence, though Claudia is a little slower this time around. Claudia slips out, and opens the door for the other two.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-09-28, 12:29 AM
Yuudai

Yuudai sighed in relief, then made his way to his room to tear down a few posters. He went to get some clothes, a sweater and some loose sweatpants, when he heard a peculiar yet familiar sound. The sound of a knob turning... Fsssssssssssh. The water was running. A girl was in his bathroom. A girl was using his shower. A girl was going to use his bar of soap. A girl was going to use his towel. This all proved to be too much for the poor boy to handle, so he went with his instincts. Michiko would hear the bathroom door slam open, and would see Yuudai bursting into the room, wide-eyed and shocked.

Yuudai enters the bathroom to find Michiko leaning up against the bathroom wall, towel wrapped tight about her body even as steam billows all about from the open shower. She blinks in surprise, still turning the hair dryer on her slightly warmed clothing before her cheeks color red.

"Explain. Yuudai. Now." Comes the guttural growl from Michiko as she gives the mother of all death glares to her loyal subordinate and second-hand-man.

Kasanip
2010-09-28, 10:53 AM
Sayaka
[Way to Houheiden]

Sayaka thought for a moment on how to reply.

"I've always been able to see them. It's a family tradition... My father is the priest at the Houheiden shrine, so the supernatural world is one I've always known. I never had a choice on that.

But in terms of 'fighting,' I think that's a difficult question to answer. We are more neutral than some of the Temples. Actual interference is not really allowed, unless it's to protect someone innocent and otherwise uninvolved.

In that way, I was able to act when things became dangerous and everyone was trapped inside- but I could not act before.
Actually that can be a very frustrating feeling you might think.
But it's law of neutrality that we maintain." She said, her voice was calm, if only to cover any feeling of regret.

"Ah, speaking of the Shrine then, you might see it if you look through the trees." She pointed up at the top of a forested hill, and a little red can be seen.
"Maybe to answer your question better... Now is not the first time I have fought such abominations. But it has always been a rare occasion. This city is a center of a spiritual flow, so there are many who are sensitive to it, and many things that are drawn here. If they are good, and if they are bad...that is not a judgment we can pass easily. I-"

She paused. Was This too much for Ken now? He seemed to be handling himself well, but she hesitated talking more about the shrine for the minute.

"I apologize in advance for my father. H-He is... ah.." She failed of words. "Well, you will see."

Shades of Gray
2010-09-28, 12:26 PM
Yuudai enters the bathroom to find Michiko leaning up against the bathroom wall, towel wrapped tight about her body even as steam billows all about from the open shower. She blinks in surprise, still turning the hair dryer on her slightly warmed clothing before her cheeks color red.

"Explain. Yuudai. Now." Comes the guttural growl from Michiko as she gives the mother of all death glares to her loyal subordinate and second-hand-man.Yuudai

"Crap, what was I thinking? Why did I burst in? At least she isn't actually showering... then I'd be deader than dead. As it stands I think I'm already dead enough... Quick Yuudai, think. Excuses, excuses. Crap."

An audible gulp was heard coming from Yuudai as he stood up straight and saluted, keeping his eyes mostly shut (he was, however, human.) "Ojou-Sama! I-I was just getting some clothes for you and making sure that you weren't using my shower- Not to imply that I would have looked if you were, I'd be dead. W-w-wait, no, I don't mean that looking at you would kill me like Medusa, but that you'd kill me if I looked at you... I mean, I'm not saying you are a cold-blooded killer. I-I mean, I'm sure you have no hesitation when you do want to kill- B-b-but I mean that you are a fair and just Ojou-Sama and wouldn't simply kill a Peeping Tom... N-not to imply I am one!" Yuudai stammered out at an incredible speed. He covered his eyes and held out his sister's old clothing. "I brought you some clothes Ojou-Sama!"

I, Aoki Yuudai, being of sound mind and body...

nothingclever
2010-09-28, 01:04 PM
Ken
[Way to Houheiden]

Ken listened intently as Sayaka spoke and his eyes followed her direction. "I see it... Are you generally alright with staying neutral?" He thought about saying his opinion on the matter but he decided to play it safe and wait to find out her position before doing so.

Frozen_Feet
2010-09-28, 02:28 PM
[School Yard]

Hasunaga's mumbling is giving Hachirou a headache now. Why is this boy lecturing them about truisms of war? "That goes both ways; we might not be here next time, in which case you would be doomed to failure", he retorts. "There is absolutely no sense in musing about worst-case scenarios. We did today what you hope we'll do tomorrow; if we fail, then we fail."

He's fought alone for too long.

"And that's it. Exactly because our longevity, we can't stop to regret every single past mistake, or accumulating weight of guilt would crush us to the ground. We can afford regretting things that haven't even happened yet even less."

Oh, look who's talking.

"That's what separates us from our enemy - ability to forgive others, ourselves, even them - ability to let go of past and live for the future. You should take heed of that, mortal, so when your time comes... your regret won't weigh you down too tightly to this world."

Whatever wisdom there might be in the officer's words, he speaks them with such disillusioned monotone that no-one is left in doubt of how much he detests the discussion they're having. Then, the Senkai Gate swirls into existence, and Hachirou relaxes a bit. "It seems it's time to leave. Sietka-kun, could you help me up?"

Meanwhile, Nasumi regards the situation with confusion. Who is that boy? It doesn't seem he's dead... so why is he talking to us like that? And infront of so many other mortals too! She glances nervously around as Alysha hurries to them, before lowering Kazuma down on his own feet. Surely, some breach of protocol is taking place, but her memory isn't good enough to tell which one. She absent-mindedly rubs her naked arms to ward off the growing cold, before it dawns to her something seems to be missing.

"Uh, where's Crossdale-san?"

strawberryman
2010-09-28, 02:40 PM
[Abel Household]

Valeria steps out, giving her mother a smile before making her way into the house. For now, she sits on one of the sofas in the living room, figuring that the detective wanted to speak with her. This is probably about the party... Mom told me some weird guy tried getting in.

To the detective, the size of the Abel house may be a little intimidating. It was readily apparent that the family was very well-off. The mansion is large, contemporary, and on the interior, was simply decked out in high-end furniture, artwork, and other accommodations. There's even a pool visible in back.

[Furousha Shop]

"Nope, that oughta be about it... oh, are you fine with, say... 422 yen an hour?" Viatrix eyes Botsu.

((That's about $5 in USD. :smalltongue:))

KnightDisciple
2010-09-28, 03:12 PM
[Yoshi]

Yoshi looks around, then curses under his breath.

"Just a moment.."

He then reaches up and fiddles with a dial on his monocle, his frown deepening as he accesses the information gained by the 12th Division's dimensional scanners.

"It appears he and 3rd Seat Akio are both attacking the other powerful Hollow from earlier. I'm not sure why Crossdale is still on the field, but Akio is on-site. We have to trust them both to handle this; no one here is in the condition to try extracting him at the moment."

He turns to the various Shinigami present, his expression seeming to be carved from stone.

"Everyone, get moving! Myself and anyone who's combat capable will play rearguard until the injured, exhausted, and medics are through the portal. Then we go through 2 at a time."

He gave everyone a look that said "I expect you to listen to me".

Kuroimaken
2010-09-28, 04:44 PM
Shotanaga wasn't one to let a discussion go easily. It would appear that his natural stubborness was severely amplified in his child form.

"But I will be here. And as long as I am, no Hollow will bring pain to any of the students present. You almost don't sound like you believe your own words, Shinigami."

But Hachirou's intuition was correct. Hasunaga HAD fought by himself for far too long. In the end, there's no such thing as a perfect soldier because no single soldier can bear the pain of waging war by him/herself.

At the mention of a pair of their companions still being left behind, the boy stood up. And started walking.

"You've got injured and wounded. And one of your most capable men right now is fighting an abomination of a Hollow. Two others are fighting by themselves. All I've got are a few scratches."

He turned to look back at the Shinigami with his faded right eye. "I'll say it again. As long as I'm here, no Hollow gets near this school."

KnightDisciple
2010-09-28, 04:57 PM
Yoshi turned as Shotanaga began to walk towards the battle. A few strides put him in front of and to one side of Shotanaga. He drew his staff, and placed it in the man-child's path.

"You will not interfere and risk further disruption in the fight. Akio will have his hands full with that creature and Allan already. I don't want you endangering him by further distracting him. Keep an eye on these children, then sweep the streets if you wish. But stay away from those fights. It's the best way to make sure they win."

His face is as hard as obsidian.

Kuroimaken
2010-09-28, 06:44 PM
"You haven't caught onto anything I was trying to tell you, did you?"

With that said, Shotanaga turned one very stern face towards Yoshi. "I haven't been a 'civillian' for some time now. Your friends are in need of extraction. Meanwhile, I know that should they fall, I face the very likely possibility of facing whoever they're up against by myself. Simple battlefield logic would tell you what the smartest way to fight this would be."

He kept staring at Yoshi. "Don't worry. I'm not about to lay down my life for your friends. I've still got a lot of sins to atone for."

With that said, he took a tentative step forward.

"Have you considered using your escape route to request reinforcements for extraction?"

KnightDisciple
2010-09-28, 06:56 PM
Yoshi's staff remained in place.

"You are not trained to fight with us or like us. Akio would lose valuable time and attention adapting to your entry and fighting style.

And we have procedures for sending additional help as necessary. I will be informing the relevant parties in Soul Society of the current situation, something they are likely already keenly aware of. I realize you likely don't trust us, but I don't care. This isn't a request."

Kuroimaken
2010-09-28, 08:44 PM
"It's not a matter of trust. But I guess you wouldn't trust me to stay put, either. Sorry, but I'm choosing not to accept."

With that said, Yoshi would suddenly feel a jolt of some sort as one of Hasunaga's invisible gauntlets materialized behind his back, grasping his shoulder and draining some of his Reiatsu. Another quickly catches the Shinigami as he falls unconscious.

"I tried to hold back some. You should be back to the land of the awake in a few minutes."

Properly donning his suit's jacket, then the bandana (and last but not least, the eyepatch, though he's careful to hide it from the schoolkids), Hasunaga focused in expending some of the excess energy so he could return to at least an appearance that let him fill his pants. He disliked doing so, however - it felt uncomfortable, and occasionally tiring. Plus it gave him the munchies.

The boots were next, as he took off in the direction he felt the greatest discharge of Reiatsu from. From there, he should be able to fly up to a tall building and scout the general area.

Or maybe the smoke of a Cero or two blowing up half the pavement would tip him off.

KnightDisciple
2010-09-28, 09:59 PM
"Damn it boy, don't you-"

And then he's drained, and shortly unconscious, staff still grasped tightly in one hand.

Hopefully someone will come retrieve him ASAP.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-09-28, 10:38 PM
[Alysha]

Alysha seems surprised for just a moment by Hachirou's request. She blinks at him, then responds.

Oh! Uh...right, yes sir.

She quickly hurries over to the officer and helps him up. Then she remembers something and turns her head to face Nasumi. Um, can you make sure somebody grabs her, too? Please? She points to where Kyou lays.

She listens to Yoshi's discussion with the mortal, a part of her worried that somebody will do something. Which, of course, happens.

Yoshi! Now she's in a pickle. She wants to run over to him, but she can't just drop Hachirou. That would be very rude indeed.

Do not worry, Alysha. One of the others will see to him.

She knows that he's right. But, that won't stop her from still wanting to attend to him.

Dorizzit
2010-09-29, 05:30 AM
[School]
Outside

Hideuchi watches the confrontation between Yoshi and Hasunaga with increasing amusement, a faint smirk spreading across his face in malicious enjoyment. This breaks into a condescending smile as Yoshi is knocked unconscious by a surprise attack by the mortal.

Iwaki, on the other hand, watches their discussion with little visible reaction, although he keeps himself ready to move if things turned violent. As Yoshi falls, he steps forward and catches the officer gently in his massive hands.

Kasanip
2010-09-29, 08:21 AM
Ken
[Way to Houheiden]

Ken listened intently as Sayaka spoke and his eyes followed her direction. "I see it... Are you generally alright with staying neutral?" He thought about saying his opinion on the matter but he decided to play it safe and wait to find out her position before doing so.

Sayaka
[Hill of Houheiden]

Sayaka was silent and thought about Ken's question.
"Yes." She answered after one second. Such a thought was an easy conclusion.

She took a step up. The tall stone stair path lead into the trees and it was sound of nature only around them.

(ooc: To be short response sorry. It seem maybe Ken had response of her answer to share I thought)

nothingclever
2010-09-29, 09:58 AM
Ken

"I'm glad you're able to answer so confidently. I was wondering if you'd be at odds with upholding that stance since you might not agree with the tradition the way your father does. I think it's sensible to take a more passive approach than others. Just because you have the power to deal with hostile spirits and help others doesn't mean you're obligated to do so all the time. You have your own life to live and protect. I might feel the same way if I were in your position." Ken surveyed the land and enjoyed the scenery as he walked. He rarely took the time to appreciate the nature around him and decided not to let this excellent opportunity pass by.

Steilos
2010-09-29, 11:32 AM
Henry walks through the door with a nod of thanks. "Get yourselves settled in. I will be in the dining room when you are ready to talk." Although he doesn't know where the dining room is, it's not exactly a large house so he only has to search for 5 seconds tops. He then takes a seat and waits for the other two.

strawberryman
2010-09-29, 11:40 AM
To the detective, the size of the Abel house may be a little intimidating. It was readily apparent that the family was very well-off. The mansion is large, contemporary, and on the interior, was simply decked out in high-end furniture, artwork, and other accommodations. There's even a pool visible in back.

((Uhhh.... Steilos? :smalltongue:))

Kasanip
2010-09-29, 11:50 AM
Ken

"I'm glad you're able to answer so confidently. I was wondering if you'd be at odds with upholding that stance since you might not agree with the tradition the way your father does. I think it's sensible to take a more passive approach than others. Just because you have the power to deal with hostile spirits and help others doesn't mean you're obligated to do so all the time. You have your own life to live and protect. I might feel the same way if I were in your position." Ken surveyed the land and enjoyed the scenery as he walked. He rarely took the time to appreciate the nature around him and decided not to let this excellent opportunity pass by.

Sayaka

Sayaka stopped on a stair.

"It is not a thought of 'no obligation' and it is not a thought of 'my life.'

I never had a chance for 'normal life' so it was never that thought. "

She opened her arms to the world.

"It's about Balance and Position.

We are at the center of a balance of this world. That does not make us ruling or powerful. It just means that around us, there is a world that always is moving. If we also are to push, it is like one to make waves in a pool."

She pointed one finger at herself.

"But is it a good idea to push? Maybe my father knows a lot about spiritual nature...but we are living. We only know a little about 'death' and 'sides' and 'balance.'

It's dangerous.

The position that we can define as the 'position of humans' is one surrounded by many wonderful and terrible things.
There are some people who long ago decided to be this kind of 'push' to change...And some of their descendants are still alive today.

But for us... There is a Law to be obeyed and it is not a bad law."

She shrugged. A small embarrassed smile.

"Sorry for any confusion... Maybe it would be better to start from the beginning.

But my father is better to do that sort of thing." She grimaced. And then to continue walking until the top.

nothingclever
2010-09-29, 12:41 PM
Ken

"So that's how it is. I get it. I thought I might've been off the mark as to your motivations. If the spiritual world is as complicated as our own and we know much less about it then we can't be sure any of our interactions with it will actually be positive in the long run." He paused briefly. "Y'know, I've gotta say, the more you act like you dislike the idea of me meeting your father the more eager I am to see him," said Ken teasingly.

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-09-29, 12:48 PM
[Furousha Shop]

The huge figure shrugs "I didn't come for mortal money, so it doesn't matter much to me."

Steilos
2010-09-29, 01:55 PM
.......Having been betrayed by the immutable laws of time and space, Henry just follows Valieria into the living room. Taking a seat and taking a small piece of paper out of his pocket, he begins. "I know you have had a problem with a party crasher. Another officer is on that case and it will be dealt with, I assure you.
What I actually wanted to speak to you about was the identity of someone else. There was an incident at the hospital and witnesses gave a description that matches up with the following names." He hands Valeria the list of names. "Do you recongnise any of these?"

((Uhhhh yeah. Didn't see that, sorry.))

strawberryman
2010-09-29, 02:33 PM
[Abel Estate]

Valeria looks over the list, then looks to her mom. "...Isn't Aki the granddaughter of one of our neighbors...?" She then turns back to Henry. "That's the only name I recognize, though..."

[Furousha Shop]

Viatrix raises an eyebrow, but no use looking a gift horse in the mouth. She holds out a hand. "Well, then, welcome to Furousha Shop."

Callos_DeTerran
2010-09-29, 06:12 PM
Yuudai

"Crap, what was I thinking? Why did I burst in? At least she isn't actually showering... then I'd be deader than dead. As it stands I think I'm already dead enough... Quick Yuudai, think. Excuses, excuses. Crap."

An audible gulp was heard coming from Yuudai as he stood up straight and saluted, keeping his eyes mostly shut (he was, however, human.) "Ojou-Sama! I-I was just getting some clothes for you and making sure that you weren't using my shower- Not to imply that I would have looked if you were, I'd be dead. W-w-wait, no, I don't mean that looking at you would kill me like Medusa, but that you'd kill me if I looked at you... I mean, I'm not saying you are a cold-blooded killer. I-I mean, I'm sure you have no hesitation when you do want to kill- B-b-but I mean that you are a fair and just Ojou-Sama and wouldn't simply kill a Peeping Tom... N-not to imply I am one!" Yuudai stammered out at an incredible speed. He covered his eyes and held out his sister's old clothing. "I brought you some clothes Ojou-Sama!"

I, Aoki Yuudai, being of sound mind and body...

Michiko

Whatever Yuudai might lack in talent, spiritual powers, or leadership ability...he certainly made up for it by being able to handily diffuse tension in a rather humorous manner. If nothing else he knew how (unconsciously) to make her smile, enough so that she switches off the hair dryer and takes the clothing out of his hands.

"Quit babbling." She says shortly, "I was going to call you anyway to tell me when your sister got here. Now turn around."

She waits until Yuudai had done as she had 'asked' him, quickly dropping the towel and tugging on the dry clothes. Though she does keep an eye on Yuudai, mostly just to see how repentant he was feeling. If he still had the gall to peek after this incident then he'd deserve the beating that Michiko was thinking up for him. If he didn't then it really was a tragic mistake that she could forgive.

Sucrose
2010-09-29, 09:40 PM
[Abel Estate]

Valeria looks over the list, then looks to her mom. "...Isn't Aki the granddaughter of one of our neighbors...?" She then turns back to Henry. "That's the only name I recognize, though..."

[Furousha Shop]

Viatrix raises an eyebrow, but no use looking a gift horse in the mouth. She holds out a hand. "Well, then, welcome to Furousha Shop."
Claudia looks over Valeria's shoulder, and nods.

"That's right... I don't know the other three names either. Officer Henry, would you like me to direct you to Hisamori-san's home? I imagine he could tell you more of Aki than we could... we only moved in about a week ago, after all."

Steilos
2010-09-30, 10:01 AM
"Yes please. That would be a great help." He considers sending Claudia out of the room, thinks better of it, and just gets ready to leave. "Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. I have to hurry, so could you please write down the directions on the other side of the paper?"

Sucrose
2010-09-30, 08:34 PM
Claudia nods, and slips forward, quietly removing a pen from Henry's uniform to write with. After putting down some simple, easy-to-follow directions down, she hands the paper back.

Kasanip
2010-10-01, 03:46 AM
Ken

"So that's how it is. I get it. I thought I might've been off the mark as to your motivations. If the spiritual world is as complicated as our own and we know much less about it then we can't be sure any of our interactions with it will actually be positive in the long run." He paused briefly. "Y'know, I've gotta say, the more you act like you dislike the idea of me meeting your father the more eager I am to see him," said Ken teasingly.

Sayaka
[Houheiden Shrine]

They walked under the gate to the shrine. Sayaka washed her hands and mouth without saying anything, but when Ken said his response, Sayaka flinched of embarrassing feeling.

"Ah, it's because he is-"

A hand appeared on Sayaka's head with affectionate ruffling.

"It's because he is the best father in the world, right Saya chan?" A cheerful voice that seemed 'there is no worry just to be lazy.' Of the appearance, a kind and cheerful man stood in a pink shirt of reading "Hawaii Vacation" on back. Such a picture inspired thought of pineapple, but not priest.

"F-father! Don't treat me like a kid!" Sayaka exclaimed as she tried to escape from the surprise hug.

"Oh no, my sweet and innocent daughter has brought a boy home. Oh my oh my, what is a father to do but have tears for the lost years he may never have back? How soon must he prepare to see off his little Saya chan?" The mournful and comic priest named Haruaki said.

Sayaka managed to escape and to make a few steps of retreat, a red face and glare.

"He is not my boyfriend and if you keep up with this then maybe that time will come sooner than you think!"

"Oh my, I did not say boyfriend, but it must be like the saying- Stones speak of accidents of tongue and don't forget the singing birds-"

"That isn't a real 'saying'!!" Sayaka sighed. She looked with determined look to Ken.

"He is Ken Go, a first year student at my school." In her look, Ken could see the desperation and resignation.

"Ah? Is that so? To invite a classmate, must it be a 'study together dinner meeting'?" Haruaki put a hand on Ken's shoulder.

"Even if she is stubborn and uncooperative, Please take care of her!" He said to Ken with a small bow and big smile.

"Father!! I'm not a first year student and you know it! Stop the 'lazy appearance' please, this is important!!" Sayaka tried to say again.

Haruaki laughed and pointed at the hall.

"Oh my, I'm sorry to upset you my dear. Let's go inside for proper meeting to talk and you may explain after drinking some tea."

[Inside the Houheiden House]

After they were inside and ice-tea was served, Haruaki sat with more politeness. Some less of the comedy now, and he looked across at Ken. Sayaka sat at the side.

"My name is Haruaki Kondo. I am the priest of Houheiden Shrine and Sayaka's father." He introduced himself.

nothingclever
2010-10-01, 11:04 AM
Ken
[Houheiden Shrine]

Ken decided to take a humourous approach to things as well while attempting to ingratiate himself with Sayaka's father. He hoped she could forgive him for the gratuitous flattery, indulgence of her parent and dramatization of his circumstances within the speech he was about to deliver. "It's a pleasure to meet you sir. It's nice to see you two getting along so well. It looks like you're really close. I wish I had a similar relationship with my parents. Unfortunately they're rarely home since they're constantly busy with work. I'm grateful that they try so hard to provide for me but it can get pretty lonely returning to an empty home day after day. It's amazing how depressingly vast one can feel without anyone else around. As she said, I'm just a fellow student. I only really met her today. I'd like to get to know her much better though. She seems like a great person and after witnessing how caring her father is my impression of her has only further improved. We met when she valiantly gathered together a group of terrified students that were trapped inside the school with a hollow and led them to victory over it. We all did our part but she was ultimately the one who defeated it. Without her decisive initiative who knows what would've happened. Thankfully because of her swift action no one was seriously injured. Afterwards she selflessly offered to let us stay the night here if any of us felt uncomfortable going home knowing we might attract the attention of other malevolent spirits. I'm actually unconcerned about my safety. I only came to learn more about her and what we fought. Of course now that I'm here I feel much more secure being in the care of such fine people." Once he finished Ken put on a modest smile of his own to mirror Haruaki's sunny disposition. The sight might make one think they were made for each other.

Steilos
2010-10-01, 04:13 PM
Claudia nods, and slips forward, quietly removing a pen from Henry's uniform to write with. After putting down some simple, easy-to-follow directions down, she hands the paper back.

Henry nods his gratitude, retrieves the paper (and pen) and turns to leave. A polite "Goodbye." later and he was back in the car and following the directions to the Hisamori residence.

Once outside, Henry repeats the ritual of trudging up to the door, straightening up and knocking. At this point, Henry wasn't actually sure what to say. "Hi, I heard your daughter tried to kill a spiritual being" would not go down well. Truth be told. he... hadn't really planned this part out. Oh well. He'd think of something to say... wouldn't he?

Edge
2010-10-01, 05:45 PM
[School]

Even with the new maps installed in the school, Sören still ended up lost, even though he took the time to carefully plot his route. No sign of his missing students.

When he felt reiatsu spiking up all over the school, he abandoned his carefully planned routes as he panicked and attempted to reach them. But the school's layout seemed to constantly change around him, and he hadn't gotten close.

Now, having finally found his way back to his class' homeroom and retrieved his possessions, he exited the school and made his way back home, his face sullen.

------

[Anonymous Warehouse]

The Concierge didn't like to be kept waiting.

They had been contacted by a party from outside Furoushou, who said that they had someone who needed transportation. They had said that their man would have been here 28.35467 seconds ago.

The Concierge didn't like to be kept waiting. They had been sat on the outside of their Aston Martin Vantage for too long now. They were getting impatient.

One of the people walking past on the road the Concierge could see out beyond the warehouse's door turned into the site and gave the hand signal the contact had said he would give. Finally.

Had the Concierge cared for societal conventions, they would have noted the man as being darkly attractive. His slender, athletic frame, notably taller than most of the people he had passed on the street, coupled with the face his mixed heritage had gifted him with gave him an exotic edge. The man ran a hand through his black hair as he drew close to the Concierge, his red eyes meeting and holding the expressionless gaze of the driver's visor.

"My Lord Kujo thanks you for your aid in this endeavour, Concierge," said Eriku Ginomamori, "I assume you have been informed of the details?"

The Concierge took a tape recorder out of their pocket, hit the fast forward button, and then played it.

"I...I was told... th-that you would b-brief me," came a sobbing woman's voice from the recorder's built-in speaker, "N-now, be quick... P-please... I-I've done everything you asked, let me go, plea-"

"Very well. My Lord Kujo requests that you transport me to Hueco Mundo, to these precise co-ordinates," Eriku says, handing over a scrap of paper. "You are to leave me there and return twenty minutes later and return me to the location we left the Mortal World at. You are to allow up to two minutes, twenty three seconds on the pickup run in case of delays or complications. To ensure that you do this, I am to provide one quarter of your fee now, and my Lord Kujo will wire your account the balance upon completion of the task, regardless of my presence, provided you can prove that you waited for the two minutes and twenty three seconds. Is this acceptable?"

The Concierge remained motionless for 3.212 seconds before nodding. They hit the rewind button on their recorder before playing again.

"A-agreed. Oh God, please let me-"

"Excellent," Eriku smiled, as he handed the Concierge the advance payment. The driver quickly counted off the money, nodded, and opened one of the rear doors for their customer.

The Concierge then quickly slid round to the driver's door, and entered their vehicle with almost disturbing grace. They hit the ignition, revved the engine, and speeded off, the car accelerating at a ridiculous pace.

The Vantage exited the warehouse sideways, slipping through a gap in the traffic and into the wrong lane. The Concierge swerved to avoid an oncoming lorry, turning it into a drift that edge the car round an oncoming corner that Eriku had not even seen coming. The road ahead was clear, and the Concierge put the pedal to the floor. As the car sped down the empty road, the driver withdrew the key from the ignition, though the car's engine continued running against all logic. Throwing the key upward gently and catching it in their opposite hand, the Concierge then pointed the key at the windscreen and turned it in mid-air.

A gaping black portal tore itself several hundred yards in front of the Aston Martin, which hurtled into it without slowing down.

Kasanip
2010-10-02, 03:12 AM
Ken
[Houheiden Shrine]

Ken decided to take a humourous approach to things as well while attempting to ingratiate himself with Sayaka's father. He hoped she could forgive him for the gratuitous flattery, indulgence of her parent and dramatization of his circumstances within the speech he was about to deliver. "It's a pleasure to meet you sir. It's nice to see you two getting along so well. It looks like you're really close. I wish I had a similar relationship with my parents. Unfortunately they're rarely home since they're constantly busy with work. I'm grateful that they try so hard to provide for me but it can get pretty lonely returning to an empty home day after day. It's amazing how depressingly vast one can feel without anyone else around. As she said, I'm just a fellow student. I only really met her today. I'd like to get to know her much better though. She seems like a great person and after witnessing how caring her father is my impression of her has only further improved. We met when she valiantly gathered together a group of terrified students that were trapped inside the school with a hollow and led them to victory over it. We all did our part but she was ultimately the one who defeated it. Without her decisive initiative who knows what would've happened. Thankfully because of her swift action no one was seriously injured. Afterwards she selflessly offered to let us stay the night here if any of us felt uncomfortable going home knowing we might attract the attention of other malevolent spirits. I'm actually unconcerned about my safety. I only came to learn more about her and what we fought. Of course now that I'm here I feel much more secure being in the care of such fine people." Once he finished Ken put on a modest smile of his own to mirror Haruaki's sunny disposition. The sight might make one think they were made for each other.

Sayaka and Haruaki
[Houheiden]

Sayaka's face was burning red as she looked in surprise at Ken's speech. But Haruaki payed attention respectfully. And then he spoke.

"Oh my oh my! To hear such modest words, a father is too proud!"

He patted Sayaka's head again which made her grimace. She stared at Ken with an uncertain expression. Was this how this boy was? She had only just met him too.

"I knew she is a good girl, but to hear such praise!"

Haruaki then looked to Ken.

"Your story is so moving, of course you may stay here! My daughter offered you our house, so it is our hospitality! You may stay the night. Or many nights! You sounded so lonely, of course you may stay as long as you would like. And of course please get to know Sayaka better! As a fellow student and classmate-"

"Father!" Sayaka interrupted.

"-Yes yes. But mr. Go said he wanted to get to know you better and since your birthday is very late and you missed so many days last year with sickness then it may be good to call the Board of Education and to make a change so you can have friend-"

The table made a strange sound, and Haruaki grabbed his foot with a face of pain.

Sayaka breathed deeply several times to become calm again while Haruaki moaned over his crushed foot.
She pointed quickly at Ken.

"Please don't give his behavior support." She asked. But maybe it was more of a comical plead.

Haruaki coughed and sat up, recovered.

"It is concerning that an attack came upon the school and that a group of students were involved. Certainly it must be examined carefully, so we can understand why.

But this shrine is quite safe. It is protected completely from violence." He looked at Sayaka, who frowned as she looked at him. But Haruaki's cheerful face returned and he stood.

"There is plenty of time to discuss. If you have questions, please ask. Maybe I could ask Sayaka to go start dinner?"

Sayaka sighed and stood up. To retreat from this room was maybe a bad idea, but it might also save her from headache.

When she left the room, Haruaki's face became solemn.

"What is it that you already know, and what is it you desire to learn?"

nothingclever
2010-10-02, 12:46 PM
Ken
[Houheiden Shrine]

Ken was very pleased with the results of his efforts. An offer to extend his stay was exactly what he sought. It implied that even if he didn't do so he could casually visit them when he liked without fuss. At the same time he felt somewhat bad for vexing Sayaka and made a mental note to apologize to her and explain his intentions when they were alone. Ken's demeanour likewise became more serious as he answered Haruaki. "All I really know is what they look like, that they're very strong compared to the average person and that their shapes and sizes vary. What I mainly want to know is where they come from, how they come into existence and why they attack us."

Callos_DeTerran
2010-10-03, 04:32 PM
Anthony

A knock sounded on the door of the Abel residence, the knocker being a familiar figure to the family if one who hadn't been around lately. With his care-worn face and the gray at his temples, Dr. Wallace looked the same as always in his khaki slacks and sweater vest, with his warm expression and slightly off mannerisms. A home-visit kit rests easily in his hand, even as a faint look of worry crosses his face.

"This is the right house...I think...I should have wrote down the address..."

Shades of Gray
2010-10-03, 06:04 PM
Michiko

Whatever Yuudai might lack in talent, spiritual powers, or leadership ability...he certainly made up for it by being able to handily diffuse tension in a rather humorous manner. If nothing else he knew how (unconsciously) to make her smile, enough so that she switches off the hair dryer and takes the clothing out of his hands.

"Quit babbling." She says shortly, "I was going to call you anyway to tell me when your sister got here. Now turn around."

She waits until Yuudai had done as she had 'asked' him, quickly dropping the towel and tugging on the dry clothes. Though she does keep an eye on Yuudai, mostly just to see how repentant he was feeling. If he still had the gall to peek after this incident then he'd deserve the beating that Michiko was thinking up for him. If he didn't then it really was a tragic mistake that she could forgive.

Yuudai

The boy was a pervert, but he wasn't suicidal. His eyes remained fixed on the wall. A million thoughts were rushing through his head, not one of them was thinking about the fact there was a naked girl in his bathroom. He was just happy to be alive. He didn't speak; he thought if he said anything then Michiko would rip out his tongue. He just waited, reminding himself every few seconds not to look. He already avoided death twice today, he did not want to try for a third.

I'm missing out on the opportunity of a lifetime. Maybe if I just angle my head away... Damn, the mirror is fogged up from the shower. Yuudai sighed, his eyes now directed towards the floor in defeat.

Sucrose
2010-10-03, 06:28 PM
Claudia looks out the window, and blinks.

"Oh, he's here early. Vally, just to make sure that you wouldn't be having any troubles during the school year, I asked Dr. Wallace to stop by."

With that, she heads to the front door, which she opens for the family practitioner.

"Thank you for your punctuality, Dr. Wallace. Please, come in!"

Lord_Asmodeus
2010-10-03, 06:38 PM
[Furousha Shop]

Batsuraku Kishi nods his armored head, and shrugs slightly "So, is there anything you need for me to do?"

strawberryman
2010-10-03, 07:15 PM
[Abel Estate]

Valeria blinks. "...oh... yeah, I guess." She sits on the couch, contemplating.

There's so many new things to worry about... What am I? Am I even human? Will Doctor Wallace be able to tell...?

[Furousha Shop]

Viatrix thinks for a moment, before grabbing a broom and handing it to the armored man in front of her. "You know how to sweep, right? Just grab an apron, and clean up the front of the shop~"

Callos_DeTerran
2010-10-04, 06:45 PM
Yuudai

The boy was a pervert, but he wasn't suicidal. His eyes remained fixed on the wall. A million thoughts were rushing through his head, not one of them was thinking about the fact there was a naked girl in his bathroom. He was just happy to be alive. He didn't speak; he thought if he said anything then Michiko would rip out his tongue. He just waited, reminding himself every few seconds not to look. He already avoided death twice today, he did not want to try for a third.

I'm missing out on the opportunity of a lifetime. Maybe if I just angle my head away... Damn, the mirror is fogged up from the shower. Yuudai sighed, his eyes now directed towards the floor in defeat.

Michiko

The clothes weren't exactly a great fit, the t-shirt she had been given was a bit tight across the chest, though that wasn't such a big surprise, but otherwise it fit well enough. Michiko looked down at herself contemplatively for a couple of moments, making sure nothing was out of place before daring to open her mouth.

"Alright, you're free to look now." Michiko says begrudingly, turning around to look back at Yuudai with a level gaze as if daring him to say something about her new outfit. Not many people could pull off a sweater/sweat-pants combination after all. But with a quick glance at the bathroom door to make sure the two sisters weren't there, Michiko quickly crosses the bathroom to close it tightly and lock it.

Before Yuudai can question her too much, she's pushing him over closer to the shower and turning the water up higher.

"Alright Yuudai, spill the beans, what happened in the gym today?" She whispers fiercely.

==================

Dr. Wallace

The good doctor's face lights up when Claudia finally answers the door, a relieved smile coming to his lined face even as he moved to step through the doorway.

"Thank you Ms. Abel, thank you. It's really been too long since we've met, huh?" He says, friendly enough as he enters the Abel residence and looks about for a couple of minutes. "Wow, this is a lot better then my apartment..can barely fit my entire family in there. So loud and noisy...but I'm getting away from myself! Where's my favorite patient?"

Dr. Wallace had always been a friendly and kind man to Valeria, even if he was prone to treating her like a little kid by giving her kiddy band-aids after drawing blood or insisting that she had lolli-pop after examinations.

strawberryman
2010-10-04, 06:54 PM
[Abel Estate]

Valeria looks up to Anthony with a smile, from the living room (which is easily visible from the entryway). "Right here, Dr. Wallace..." She didn't mind the kiddy-talk much.

Shades of Gray
2010-10-04, 07:13 PM
Michiko

The clothes weren't exactly a great fit, the t-shirt she had been given was a bit tight across the chest, though that wasn't such a big surprise, but otherwise it fit well enough. Michiko looked down at herself contemplatively for a couple of moments, making sure nothing was out of place before daring to open her mouth.

"Alright, you're free to look now." Michiko says begrudingly, turning around to look back at Yuudai with a level gaze as if daring him to say something about her new outfit. Not many people could pull off a sweater/sweat-pants combination after all. But with a quick glance at the bathroom door to make sure the two sisters weren't there, Michiko quickly crosses the bathroom to close it tightly and lock it.

Before Yuudai can question her too much, she's pushing him over closer to the shower and turning the water up higher.

"Alright Yuudai, spill the beans, what happened in the gym today?" She whispers fiercely.Yuudai

The boy responded in a less-fierce and less-quiet whisper.

"I told you, I have no clue. According to this one girl, it was a ghost. Another said it was something called a hollow. People said it looked like that old janitor, but I didn't get a good look at it. That sick girl, Sakuya or something seemed to know a lot about it." Yuudai explained, not even noticing where he was being led. Totally not thinking about Michiko's outfit. "I think it was what was causing the doors to be locked and the storms. Luckily I was able to take it out with a taste of good old Masamune." According to Yuudai's memory, this was true. As soon as he gave it one stab the creature was vanquished. "And apparently everyone in our school is some kind of super-powered freak."

Moon Wolf
2010-10-04, 07:32 PM
At the Venti Buon cafe, Beck sneezes. :smalltongue:

Draken
2010-10-04, 07:47 PM
Donovan hears the sneeze.

"Health to you."
"But isn't it God Bless you?"

Moon Wolf
2010-10-04, 07:52 PM
Beck smiled. Thanks. Well, where I'm from, we say God bless you. By the way, could you get me a... she paused, thinking about what to order. Mochaccino, perhaps?

Terry576
2010-10-04, 08:03 PM
Sora sighs.

"Screw it, I'll go to a cafe. I'm bored anyways."

He walks for a bit, and enters Venti Buon, shuddering a bit at the memories of what Yoko did to him here.

Draken
2010-10-04, 08:04 PM
"Of course, of course. Rosa, Eirine!"

Donovan swiftly has the mochaccino prepared, and waits for one of the waitresses to come fetch it.

horngeek
2010-10-04, 08:05 PM
At the same time, Izumi enters the cafe, looking... exhausted.

Someone didn't get much sleep last night. :smalltongue:

Terry576
2010-10-04, 08:13 PM
Sora glances over at Izumi, grinning his sharp-toothed death head grin.

It's one of those things people get used to about him.

"You look tired today. Bad night for sleeping?"

He says this casually, while looking out at the corner of his eye at Beck, praying to god she doesn't notice him.

That would be bad. He didn't want to have 3 confrontations in one day.

horngeek
2010-10-04, 08:15 PM
She looks at him sleepily. "Some guys were being noisy outside."

She looks at the nearest waiter. "Coffee, please..."

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-04, 08:20 PM
Rosa heard Donovan call out. "Right away sir!" She then gets right on serving the mochaccino. On the way, she takes Izumi's order. Thus, she gives a trade of orders, and then goes to serve Becky her order. "Here you go!" The whole time she does this with a smile.

Terry576
2010-10-04, 08:22 PM
Sora nods sympathetically.

It's strange, considering his usual personality how he acts with Izumi.

"I see how that is. Somebody broke my window.

Again.

In hindsight, I probably shouldn't sleep in an abandoned house."

horngeek
2010-10-04, 08:24 PM
"...well, if you're sleeping in it, technically it isn't abandoned..."

Terry576
2010-10-04, 08:58 PM
"But my house isn't registered, I don't pay for it, and it's classified as 'condemned'. Therefore it's abandoned."

He glances up at the cashier and says politely,

"I'll take a coffee too. But make it black. Black as the sky on a moonless night. Black as the day of an eclipse! BLACK AS MY SOUL!"

He appears to be acting needlessly dramatic.

horngeek
2010-10-04, 09:05 PM
Izumi looks at him flatly. "Did you find out who threw the brick?"

Terry576
2010-10-04, 09:23 PM
Sora looks shifty and mutters something.

If she has good ears she could hear the words "People" and "School" and the phrase "One of these days..."

horngeek
2010-10-04, 09:25 PM
She frowns. "Sora, what happened?"

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-04, 09:28 PM
Rosa calmly delivered the orders, then swung around by Izumi and Sora with their orders. "Here you go! Your coffee and your coffee, black just like you ordered it."

Terry576
2010-10-04, 09:28 PM
Sora shuffles awkwardly.

"Well, some people from school might have followed me to my house, and they might have brought bricks and thrown them at me as I tried to open the door, and one of those might have gone through the window."

Seeing a distraction, Sora smiles gratefully at Rose and grabs his coffee, beginning to sip it.

horngeek
2010-10-04, 09:34 PM
Izumi sighs. "Idiots."

Her reiatsu actually leaks out a little as she frowns.

Then she looks at Rose. "Thank you very much."

Terry576
2010-10-04, 09:46 PM
Sora shrugs.

"It's fine Izumi. I'm used to it. It's just... sometimes I wish they wouldn't attack me at home. School's fine."

He looks down at his coffee, glumly.

His reiatsu appears to be oozing out of him, in a vaguely sloth-like way.

horngeek
2010-10-04, 09:48 PM
Izumi pauses. Looks at Sora. "Ummm... Sora? Is there anything else you want to tell me?

...like why you've got reiatsu?"

She whispers this last bit to him, trying to not let anyone else hear.

Terry576
2010-10-04, 09:50 PM
Sora panics a bit, and it starts pouring out a bit more.

"R-r-r-reiatsu? That's a made-up word right? I-I-I mean we stopped playing those games when we were like ten right? Heh. Good one. Reiatsu. What's next, swords that turn into other swords?"

horngeek
2010-10-04, 09:55 PM
Izumi looks at him flatly. "Sora. Please don't take me for an idiot."

Terry576
2010-10-04, 09:56 PM
Sora starts guzzling coffee.

His reiatsu's not being very... You know. Hidden.

At all.

horngeek
2010-10-04, 09:57 PM
"Sora, please. Tell me what's going on. I only just got thrown into this whole mess a couple of weeks ago."

Terry576
2010-10-04, 10:01 PM
Sora finishes his coffee and begins talking fast.

Really fast.

"WellawhilebackIgotattackedbyaHollowandlived, andwasgivenitsabilitiessomehow, makingmealivinghollowofsomesort."

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-04, 10:01 PM
[Venti Buon]

Before the conversation starts about reiatsu, Rosa smiled and gave them a "your welcome" and goes off to serve others with cafe goods.

horngeek
2010-10-04, 10:02 PM
"...heh. I got attacked too... but this guy came and gave me his powers. Said he was a Shinigami.

Then he disappeared."

Terry576
2010-10-04, 10:05 PM
Sora nervously twitches.

"Oh."

He edges away slightly. Rex has made him paranoid.

And he just told what he was in the middle of a cafe, near Beck.

And with his luck today, it was gonna go bad.

horngeek
2010-10-04, 10:07 PM
Izumi looks at him. "I get the feeling we'll need each other's support to get through this."

Terry576
2010-10-04, 10:11 PM
Sora looks back at her, his red eyes reflecting in hers.

"You see, this is why you confuse me. I reveal I'm technically a Hollow, and you don't do anything about it."

He sighs and shakes his head, grinning. "But... Yeah. I guess sometimes two is better then one, eh?"

horngeek
2010-10-04, 10:15 PM
"...technically never held much weight with me. It's not where powers come from, it's how you use them."

Terry576
2010-10-04, 10:16 PM
Sora glances outside, lost in thought.

"But Shinigami powers are made from justice, whereas mine...

Are made from dark."

horngeek
2010-10-04, 10:18 PM
Izumi shakes her head. "Doesn't matter. How you use those powers is what matters."

Sucrose
2010-10-04, 11:06 PM
[Abel Estate]

Valeria looks up to Anthony with a smile, from the living room (which is easily visible from the entryway). "Right here, Dr. Wallace..." She didn't mind the kiddy-talk much.

"Yes, we're very fortunate, Dr. Wallace."

Claudia smiles brightly and steps aside, allowing the doctor's diagnosis to begin. She then walks off toward the kitchen.

I'll just make some tea, then. The pot roast should be about done, as well... maybe I should offer him a meal; he did come all this way...

Terry576
2010-10-05, 01:02 AM
Izumi shakes her head. "Doesn't matter. How you use those powers is what matters."

Sora grinned, kind of embarrassed.

"You do realize that it's kind of odd that two of the most powerful mortals in Phoenix have been friends since they were kids? It's kind of strange, huh?"

horngeek
2010-10-05, 01:07 AM
Izumi chuckles. "Chance is a funny thing at times, yeah. The guy who gave me these powers actually had an... odd reaction to my family name."

Terry576
2010-10-05, 01:18 AM
Sora raises an eyebrow.

"Really oh Brave and Wise Hayashi-sama? How did this man react to your venerable name, which I am not fit to speak?"

He appears to be sarcastic, albeit jokingly.

horngeek
2010-10-05, 01:29 AM
"He didn't believe me. Which makes no sense, unless it's important in some other way."

Kasanip
2010-10-05, 04:06 AM
Ken
[Houheiden Shrine]

Ken was very pleased with the results of his efforts. An offer to extend his stay was exactly what he sought. It implied that even if he didn't do so he could casually visit them when he liked without fuss. At the same time he felt somewhat bad for vexing Sayaka and made a mental note to apologize to her and explain his intentions when they were alone. Ken's demeanour likewise became more serious as he answered Haruaki. "All I really know is what they look like, that they're very strong compared to the average person and that their shapes and sizes vary. What I mainly want to know is where they come from, how they come into existence and why they attack us."

Haruaki
[Houheiden Shrine]

Haruaki smiled more grimly.

"I appreciate simple and straight questions. However, answers are harder to give. What you call they come from us before crossing to the other side. They come into existence because of loneliness and emptiness, and they attack beings with spiritual pressure to try to fill that hole. That is why we might call them 'Hollow.' " Haruaki frowned.

"I should have Sayaka draw example pictures, but she is making dinner. Maybe afterward. They are much more like monsters than ghosts in appearance, but there is not a single one. Like each of us, it is unique, and a reflection of yourself."

I don't know how much to type. If others come to shrine, maybe long explanation should happen then I think.

Moon Wolf
2010-10-05, 09:46 AM
((OOC: Sorry for the wait...midterms have arrived, and I'm sicker than a plague victim... :smallfrown: ))

Beck thanked Rosa for her mochaccino, and was almost through drinking it when she felt reiatsu. Hollow reiatsu. But this reiatsu was different, much more civilized, than hollow reiatsu. She looked around, searching for where it was coming from. Her eyes locked on Sora. It was no-doubtedly eminating from the boy. She also recognized Izumi from the pool party. She walked over to the pair, and smiled. Hey! She said, and waved. Strange feeling in the air today, huh? She said, staring directly at Sora while she said it.

nothingclever
2010-10-05, 12:34 PM
Ken
[Houheiden Shrine]

"Well now that I better know where to go for answers and you've graciously allowed me to extend my stay I feel much less anxious to get them. It might actually be better for you to hold off explaining further because the other students will probably come by soon asking the same things. Maybe you'd be better off taking this time to compose your thoughts to address us all together. If you don't mind, Sayaka and I could arrange for them to all come tomorrow after school to save you the hassle of speaking to each of us individually."

I don't know how much to type. If others come to shrine, maybe long explanation should happen then I think.

There's no need to worry. I just had him ask a few questions so things would make sense. I figured we'd summarize and skip over things anyway.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-10-06, 06:49 PM
"Yes, we're very fortunate, Dr. Wallace."

Claudia smiles brightly and steps aside, allowing the doctor's diagnosis to begin. She then walks off toward the kitchen.

I'll just make some tea, then. The pot roast should be about done, as well... maybe I should offer him a meal; he did come all this way...

Dr. Wallace

He may treat Val a bit like a kid sometimes, but there's no denying that the good doctor knows his stuff and knows it well. Once along, he runs Valeria through a quick physical with the stuff he has on hand, looking thoughtful by the end of it...and a bit regretful too.

"Hmm...you seem to be okay but I can't really do a full battery of tests here either. I want your father to schedule an appointment with me sometime soon so I can do a full work-up, okay Val?" he says finally after jotting some notes down unto a note pad, looking contemplative for a couple of minutes before absently pulling a handful of lollipops out of his pocket and holding them out.

"Now remember, you only get one!"

=====================

Yuudai

The boy responded in a less-fierce and less-quiet whisper.

"I told you, I have no clue. According to this one girl, it was a ghost. Another said it was something called a hollow. People said it looked like that old janitor, but I didn't get a good look at it. That sick girl, Sakuya or something seemed to know a lot about it." Yuudai explained, not even noticing where he was being led. Totally not thinking about Michiko's outfit. "I think it was what was causing the doors to be locked and the storms. Luckily I was able to take it out with a taste of good old Masamune." According to Yuudai's memory, this was true. As soon as he gave it one stab the creature was vanquished. "And apparently everyone in our school is some kind of super-powered freak."

Michiko

The buxom girl glowers at Yuudai as he talks, as if suspecting he was somehow hiding something from her, but the simple reality was that Michiko's brain was turning over the clues she'd already observed along with what her second in command had said.

"Sayaka, huh? Figures she knows something. She was acting oddly during school hours as well..." Michiko muses aloud, finally loosing her disgruntled expression in favor of a more thoughtful one. This was slightly upsetting news to find out, just what did Sayaka know that she hadn't told anyone else? The simplest answer was to find the shrine girl and ask her.

Yuudai's last comment though draws an exhasperated sigh from the delinquent, even as she straightens up and fixes her clothes before going to the bathroom door, "Yuudai, I'm a super-powered freak. This shouldn't be THAT big a surprise. Now come on...once your older sister gets here I'll need you to bandage me up before we go visit Sayaka..."

Shades of Gray
2010-10-06, 07:12 PM
Yuudai

"It seems to me like everyone in the world has some sort of power besides me." Yuudai thought to himself as he exited the bathroom with a sigh. And I totally just missed out on an opportunity of a lifetime. Yuudai nonetheless pretended to be his usual overconfident self. "Oh, so we are going to see Sayaka after all?"

Yuudai's sisters, having gotten the tea ready and heard Yuudai's voice, walked up to Michiko and Yuudai. They then saw the open bathroom door, drew their own conclusions, and looked at the pair of teenagers.

"You can do so much better than him." The twins said to Michiko as they held out the tray of tea to Yuudai, shaking their heads.

"Hey, I didn't ask you two." Yuudai complained, taking the tea without so much as a "thank you." "Now go back to playing, or whatever it is you two do."

The sisters nodded, gave Michiko a look of disapproval, then left to their room.

strawberryman
2010-10-06, 08:05 PM
[Abel Estate]

Valeria picks a red one. "Thanks, Dr. Wallace..." She forces a smile. "Dad's off on business, so... Mom can probably take care of it, yeah? She has before..." Give how busy her father was, it was indeed true.

Kasanip
2010-10-07, 09:42 AM
Ken
[Houheiden Shrine]

"Well now that I better know where to go for answers and you've graciously allowed me to extend my stay I feel much less anxious to get them. It might actually be better for you to hold off explaining further because the other students will probably come by soon asking the same things. Maybe you'd be better off taking this time to compose your thoughts to address us all together. If you don't mind, Sayaka and I could arrange for them to all come tomorrow after school to save you the hassle of speaking to each of us individually."

There's no need to worry. I just had him ask a few questions so things would make sense. I figured we'd summarize and skip over things anyway.

Haruaki and Sayaka

Haruaki smiled.
"Yes yes this is a good idea! We can have a big dinner and party! Oh my, Sayaka never has had such a party-"

"-Because this is a Shrine." Sayaka said as she entered with dinner.

She looked at Ken. "Tomorrow I won't cook for everyone. But I think maybe it is a good idea." She agrees. Then she becomes red.
"Don't be mistaken. If I cook for you when you stay here, it does not mean anything special."

After dinner Sayaka prepared the guest room for Ken.

"If you need something, please ask." She said. "I have some housework before it becomes very dark."

nothingclever
2010-10-07, 10:30 AM
Ken
[Houheiden]

Ken smiled slightly at Sayaka's assurance that cooking for him was merely a formality. He found it highly amusing. So cute. Later when he was shown to his room he decided to speak his mind. "I'm fine. I apologize for encouraging your father's behaviour and teasing you. I just wanted to have a little fun with the situation and make a good impression on him. I'm normally not like that. I don't mean to impose upon you either. I did embellish how I feel about the state of my family but I do get pretty lonely at times and I really did enjoy spending time with you and your father. It was very refreshing. I sincerely want to get to know you better and be your friend. If you'd like I'll gladly help you with whatever needs doing around here. If you ever need help with anything in general feel free to ask me." His expression was serious yet soft and relaxed at the same time.

Wahrheit
2010-10-08, 02:25 AM
Rex, now lacking his white duster coat, wandered on into Venti Buon, ostensibly in search of some coffee. It definitely wasn't because he'd caught a glimmer of reiatsu from inside. Not at all. Honest. Besides, he did want coffee. The hulking Texan easily made his way to the counter and grinned at the barista. "Hey, could I get a double mocha with Irish cream? Syrup, I mean."

InyutheBeatIs
2010-10-08, 02:31 AM
((I'm kinda confused as to what job means what, so I'm going to assume that Rosa gets the order and then serves it.))

The young woman of hispanic heritage with light blonde hair smiles at Rex in that calm manner she always does. "Certainly. Just a moment."

A few moments later, she arrives with the coffee in hand. "Here you go. One double mocha with Irish cream syrup."

Terry576
2010-10-08, 02:49 AM

Sora looks down, and grins shyly at Izumi.

No words need to be said between the two.

horngeek
2010-10-08, 03:18 AM
She smiles at him reassuringly.

Then breaks the silence. "Did something happen last night? I was near the suburbs..."

Kasanip
2010-10-08, 04:55 AM
Ken
[Houheiden]

Ken smiled slightly at Sayaka's assurance that cooking for him was merely a formality. He found it highly amusing. So cute. Later when he was shown to his room he decided to speak his mind. "I'm fine. I apologize for encouraging your father's behaviour and teasing you. I just wanted to have a little fun with the situation and make a good impression on him. I'm normally not like that. I don't mean to impose upon you either. I did embellish how I feel about the state of my family but I do get pretty lonely at times and I really did enjoy spending time with you and your father. It was very refreshing. I sincerely want to get to know you better and be your friend. If you'd like I'll gladly help you with whatever needs doing around here. If you ever need help with anything in general feel free to ask me." His expression was serious yet soft and relaxed at the same time.

Sayaka

Sayaka was unsure what to say.
"Thank you." She finally said with a smile.

"Of my father... Well, it was a warning for such a reason. But I do not think you will change much of his behavior, for good or bad."

She put the sheets down for the futon.

"If you do stay here for a while, then you'll have to help with housework. I guess I will have to teach you how do it. But some of the things I must do are not 'housework,' but my 'job,' so I have to do that and cannot ask for help."

She stopped talking to think.

"Maybe you have never seen some of the rituals. If you want to go outside, it is not a problem to watch." She offered as she turned to leave.

nothingclever
2010-10-08, 10:20 AM
"Sure. I probably haven't. Maybe I could even thoroughly learn them and their significance at some point and assist you in them if they're what you refer to as your job. Every spiritual act suddenly becomes far more interesting after an otherworldly being tries to kill you," spoke Ken with a grin as he followed her out.

Kasanip
2010-10-08, 10:52 AM
"Sure. I probably haven't. Maybe I could even thoroughly learn them and their significance at some point and assist you in them if they're what you refer to as your job. Every spiritual act suddenly becomes far more interesting after an otherworldly being tries to kill you," spoke Ken with a grin as he followed her out.

(Maybe it is good time to move for another day.)

Callos_DeTerran
2010-10-08, 12:09 PM
[Abel Estate]

Valeria picks a red one. "Thanks, Dr. Wallace..." She forces a smile. "Dad's off on business, so... Mom can probably take care of it, yeah? She has before..." Give how busy her father was, it was indeed true.

Dr. Wallace

The doctor frowns at Val's comment on Mr. Abel, giving another shake of her head.

"Isn't right that a man is away from his family so often. He should make time for you and your mother." Dr. Wallace says a bit irately, even if he was a bit more knowledgeable about the reasons why Mr. Abel was away so often then most people. Still didn't make it right!

And with that thought in mind, he begins to pack up his various instruments until all of them had been replaced in the bag. Looking at Val contemplatively though...he abruptly reaches into his bag, pulls out a brightly colored object and opens it, launching several vividly colored serpents straight at her face!

Yes, before you ask Berry, they are made of cloth. :smalltongue: He's determining what her reaction to this is.

Yuudai

"It seems to me like everyone in the world has some sort of power besides me." Yuudai thought to himself as he exited the bathroom with a sigh. And I totally just missed out on an opportunity of a lifetime. Yuudai nonetheless pretended to be his usual overconfident self. "Oh, so we are going to see Sayaka after all?"

Yuudai's sisters, having gotten the tea ready and heard Yuudai's voice, walked up to Michiko and Yuudai. They then saw the open bathroom door, drew their own conclusions, and looked at the pair of teenagers.

"You can do so much better than him." The twins said to Michiko as they held out the tray of tea to Yuudai, shaking their heads.

"Hey, I didn't ask you two." Yuudai complained, taking the tea without so much as a "thank you." "Now go back to playing, or whatever it is you two do."

The sisters nodded, gave Michiko a look of disapproval, then left to their room.

Michiko

The cold-eyed delinquent looks steadily at Yuudai as he asks his question, as if marveling at the sort of mind that could come up with that sort of inquiry.

"Yes, we are. Unless you know of some other resident 'monster' expert who can explain this sort of thing to us?" Michiko says sarcastically, prevented from continuing along that line of snarking by the sudden reappearance of the two little girls with trays of tea.

"..." She remains silent until the two begin to leave for their own room, face slowly turning purple as her hands tightened into fists.

"I'm not dating him!" She asserts firmly to their retreating backs, casting a side-long glare over at her second in command. Obviously this was his fault after all...for having sisters and for making her meet with him in such clearly suspicious ways.

Frozen_Feet
2010-10-08, 04:01 PM
[School Grounds, Shinigami Patrol]

Hachriou blinks at Hasunaga's action, and then nearly roars in rage. However, he manages to control himself, and only sighs in exasparation as the insufferable mortal makes his exit. "Lets not linger here", he says wearily. "All through the gate! Hurry up!"

Nasumi gives a worried glance at Kazuma, as if to check he can surely stay on his own two feet. Then she nods at Alysha, and hoists Kyou from the ground. Without further words, she hurries through the Senkai gate, guided by a familiar and ever-diligent Hell Moth. Hopefully, Allan, Akio and Karite would follow the patrollers soon.

There'd still be many things to solve once they'd get in Seireitei, but the worst is over... or at least, so it seems...

strawberryman
2010-10-08, 04:33 PM
[Abel Estate]

Valeria jumps, so much so that she slides off the couch, rear hitting the ground forcefully. "Oww! Hey... it's not nice to play tricks..." The teenage girl pouts, yet manages a slight smile after a few moments. "Sorry, Dr. Wallace, just thinking about a lot lately... I'd like dad to come home more, too, but I understand... it's hard work helping to run a company and all..." Lost in thought again, she stands, and bows to Anthony. "Thank you, Dr. Wallace... see you again soon?"

After she gets a response, Val heads up to her room, leaving her mom to deal with her next appointment scheduling. She was acting a little odd... but not much different than any other teenage girl Anthony had seen before.

When she reaches her room, Valeria tiredly flops onto her bed, sighing. What am I...? It didn't seem like Dr. Wallace noticed anything different about me yet... It almost seems like I'm one of those monsters...

Kuroimaken
2010-10-08, 05:07 PM
Kazuma tried his best not to be a burden on Nasumi, but his body was considerably more battered than he thought. Regardless, he didn't want to make her worry.

Hasunaga, in the meantime... was looking for where Akio and Elder were supposed to be battling. Needless to say, he couldn't tell for sure, so his progress was less steady than he liked.

Wahrheit
2010-10-08, 08:15 PM
Venti Buon

Rex scanned the crowd as he sipped his coffee, his height making it easy to see over everyone's heads. The pseudo-Hollow he'd met earlier was in deep conversation with a girl; he'd keep an eye on them. However, someone else caught his eye... a punkish-looking American girl who rather stood out, not least for possessing reiatsu. He wandered over to Beck.

"Hey there. I'm still kind of new in town... you're from Phoenix Town High School, right? I just transferred in and figured it'd be good to make some friends since there's a weird feeling in the air." He gave her a meaningful look.

Terry576
2010-10-08, 08:18 PM
She smiles at him reassuringly.

Then breaks the silence. "Did something happen last night? I was near the suburbs..."

Sora begins to speak, saying,

"Well, I thi-"

Then he sneezed. Loudly.

Sniffling, he rubbed his nose, apologizing.

"Sorry, I think I have a cold. But no, nothing happened last night."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-10-08, 09:25 PM
[School Grounds, Shinigami Patrol]

Hachriou blinks at Hasunaga's action, and then nearly roars in rage. However, he manages to control himself, and only sighs in exasparation as the insufferable mortal makes his exit. "Lets not linger here", he says wearily. "All through the gate! Hurry up!"

Nasumi gives a worried glance at Kazuma, as if to check he can surely stay on his own two feet. Then she nods at Alysha, and hoists Kyou from the ground. Without further words, she hurries through the Senkai gate, guided by a familiar and ever-diligent Hell Moth. Hopefully, Allan, Akio and Karite would follow the patrollers soon.

There'd still be many things to solve once they'd get in Seireitei, but the worst is over... or at least, so it seems...

Alysha helps Hachirou through, still worried about what all happened. But, she'd have to dwell on that later. First, she had to see to the injured.

strawberryman
2010-10-08, 10:29 PM
[Elsewhere...]

A black car pulls up in front of a burnt-down museum in Bordeaux, France. This unremarkable car, in such an otherwise unremarkable situation, shouldn't turn heads to any normal person... and yet the enormous gravity of the situation was high above most common knowledge.

After a few moments of parking, a tall, specter man steps out. Otherwise unremarkable, this shadow approaches the remains of the blackened repository for refined relics, a cigarette in his mouth, and blackened spectacles hiding his eyes. With slicked back, black hair, and no other notable mark than a scar leading from the bridge of his nose to the left bottom side of his chin, this man blended in with the crowd of media swarming outside the yellow tape.

For some time, he just stands there, taking in the questions around him. Who could have done this? How many casualties? Was anything stolen? The usual fare. Satisfied, he retreats back to the vicinity of his car, making a few phone calls. It had been confirmed that an artifact set to be sent to Phoenix City in Japan had been the only item stolen. Definitely odd... It didn't necessarily preclude supernatural involvement, but given certain parties interest in the city...

After finishing his business calls, the man brings one more number up on speed dial...

...some ways away, Valeria's cell-phone rings. After snapping out of her reverie, she slowly grabs it... then instantly picks up after seeing the caller ID. <Daddy?> She doesn't answer in japanese, but romanian.

<Hey, Princess. How was your first day of school? ...That was today, wasn't it?> Nero Abel lets out a short chuckle.

Her mood instantly lifted, Val responds with a happy tone. <It was great! We had to be let out because of some electrical issues, but otherwise, I loved it.>

<Well, that's good.> Nero manages a small smile. He was genuinely happy for his daughter... <...So, I take it the move went well, too?>

<Yeah, daddy. It's a really nice house. When will you be coming to see it?> Val frowns slightly, knowing not to get her hopes up...

<...Well. Actually. I've been given some time off. So, barring any last minute disasters... I'm taking a plane there tonight.>

The girl's expression lights up instantly. <Really!?>

<Yeah. So make sure the house is all ready for me, okay, princess? And tell your mom for me.>

<Okay!> Val certainly needed this after the stresses of the day.

<All right. I need to hang up now. See you in a day or so.>

<...Okay. Seeya, daddy. Love you.>

<Love you too, princess.> Nero hangs up, sighing before climbing back into the car and resuming his stone cold, unreadable expression. His driver looks back.

<Learn anything?>

<Nothing new. We're heading to Phoenix Town. Have some investigating to do. Airport.>

The driver nods, and immediately sets to driving. <...Really ought to see that 'family' of yours, as well, eh?> He is responded to with a cold, piercing glare that makes him shiver.

<You would do best to not abuse your clearance, agent.> Nero looks back to the passing buildings.

tgva8889
2010-10-09, 05:13 AM
Kina Yoshimoto

Kina sat cross-legged on the ground, eyes closed, her mind focusing on several ribbons flowing through the air. She could see each one, fluttering in the air and stretching into the beyond. They surrounded her, some brushing against her as they flowed. The longer she sat and concentrated, the more of the ribbons pushed away, moving back to the beyond from whence they came. Slowly, their numbers dwindled until a few remained. One or two were obvious; they were red, an incredibly odd color considering the dark world around. But the others were all white. From her meditative position, Kina pulled her arm up and grasped one of these white ribbons, pulling it and letting the others flow away.

Her eyes opened and the world around reformed. The ribbon was gone, but Kina could feel the energy it held in her hand. Standing, she looked far off, a hand over her heart. This is too much. Spinning suddenly, Kina swings her left arm out, the cross charm swinging into position. A small energy bow begins to form, slowly trying to pull itself into being in Kina's outstretched hand. Instinctively, she brings her right hand up and pulls back, a large arrow of pure blue light forming. Though the energy glows brightly, it wavers and shimmers. Kina's face tenses. She breathes in, then releases the arrow. It strikes a statue in the courtyard, exploding as it does. Without watching to see her handiwork, Kina spins once more and attempts to draw another arrow. This time, however, her hand stops halfway back. She tries to concentrate, focusing all her energies into pulling that one hand back. Particles in the air begin pulling towards her as she tries to draw in energy. But the strain becomes too much. Unable to hold on, Kina lets go, the bow and the arrow exploding in front of her. She lands on her back almost three feet away.

Groaning, Kina pushes herself to her knees, then to her feet. I will...I will get better. For you, Grandfather. I will get stronger. Her left arm outstretched, Kina closes her eyes and focuses. The cross charm swings again, and the small bow forms once more. Kina brings her right arm up and begins to pull an arrow, but once again stops halfway. Don't...stop...Kina... She continues to pull, trying to draw the ambient energy in the air down to her hand, but as she pulls the energy in the arrow begins to waver. Unable to complete it, Kina releases, an explosion once again throwing her back.

An old lady rushes out into the courtyard as Kina lands. "Kina, dear, you can't push yourself so much. You won't get any further just by throwing yourself into the same situation!" Kina shrugs off the woman's kind hand. Again she stands, holding her arm out, the cross dangling in the air.

Shades of Gray
2010-10-09, 12:35 PM
Michiko

The cold-eyed delinquent looks steadily at Yuudai as he asks his question, as if marveling at the sort of mind that could come up with that sort of inquiry.

"Yes, we are. Unless you know of some other resident 'monster' expert who can explain this sort of thing to us?" Michiko says sarcastically, prevented from continuing along that line of snarking by the sudden reappearance of the two little girls with trays of tea.

"..." She remains silent until the two begin to leave for their own room, face slowly turning purple as her hands tightened into fists.

"I'm not dating him!" She asserts firmly to their retreating backs, casting a side-long glare over at her second in command. Obviously this was his fault after all...for having sisters and for making her meet with him in such clearly suspicious ways.Yuudai

Yuudai cursed his sisters in his mind, they sure weren't making it easy for him to avoid death. "Th-they're such little brats, right Michiko-Sama?" Yuudai said nervously as he walked with the tea to his room. Yuudai's room was rather small, consisting of a single bed, a cabinet, and a writing desk that seemed to be gathering dust. The walls look rather bare, but if Michiko looked closely she'd see some bent staples.

At this time the two can hear the door open. "Michiko? Yuudai?" The older sister asks as she enters the house, two large shopping bags in hand. She eventually locates them in his room. "Oh, there you are." She said in relief, dropping the two bags. "I hope Yuudai's been treating you well."

A little too well. One of the twins' voices was heard coming through the wall.
"... Right. I brought you some aspirin and some ice. Remember to keep pressure." Fuyuko reminded the girl, handing the bag of ice over. "Yuudai, go get her some water." The boy agreed and left the room. "If you're staying here then you can sleep in the guest room."

Moon Wolf
2010-10-09, 05:57 PM
Venti Buon

Rex scanned the crowd as he sipped his coffee, his height making it easy to see over everyone's heads. The pseudo-Hollow he'd met earlier was in deep conversation with a girl; he'd keep an eye on them. However, someone else caught his eye... a punkish-looking American girl who rather stood out, not least for possessing reiatsu. He wandered over to Beck.

"Hey there. I'm still kind of new in town... you're from Phoenix Town High School, right? I just transferred in and figured it'd be good to make some friends since there's a weird feeling in the air." He gave her a meaningful look.

Beck looks at Rex. With an accent like that, he is soooo from Texas. And at his latest remark, she raised her eyebrow and looked at him in a sort of bemused way. Oh? What's that supposed to mean? She asked teasingly, ruffling her hair, her Quincy cross bracelet glinting silver.

Callos_DeTerran
2010-10-09, 07:52 PM
Michiko

"Yuudai's been the perfect gentleman...except for one minor incident, but I may have to strangle your younger sisters." Michiko says entirely too evenly when Fuyuko enters the room but she wasn't serious...right?...Right?

"...I need someone else to hold it. The bruise is on my back." she says in that same unnervingly calm tone of voice, as if she was masking some great anger behind a polite facade to maintain apperances. Quickly Michiko turns her back to the two, even as Yuudai left, and lifts up her borrowed shirt enough to expose the large and vaguely hand-shaped bruise across pale skin. The perv actually caught sight of some other pale skin before he was out of the room, but Michiko's steely gaze was on the wall.

"I'm sorry Fuyuko-san, but I can't stay here tonight. Once the edge is taken off, I need to go to a shrine." she says softly, wincing a bit when the ice pack is first applied.

==================

Not too long afterwards...

Michiko walked up to Houheiden Shrine quietly, feeling the sense of quiet reverence that came with a calm night and a sacred spot. She always liked shrines, people were usually much quieter and willing to leave her be, especially if the delinquent looked like she was in the middle of a prayer. But there were lights on here...likely where Sayaka and her parents lived. Taking a deep breath to settle her frazzled nerves, the purple-and-black hair girl walks up to the door and raps on it with her knuckles loudly.

Shades of Gray
2010-10-09, 08:05 PM
Before

After Michiko left, Yuudai got his things together and was about to leave the house before he got interrupted by his twin step-sisters once more.

"We know you don't have a lot of cash."
"So we're giving you a bit so you can afford to buy the deluxe suite at that "shrine" or whatever." The twins said, both of them winking.

Yuudai groaned, glaring at them, took the money anyway, and left the house.

After

Yuudai eventually caught up to Michiko at the door of the shrine, having brought along some of his belongings including some bottled water, a pillow, and his sword. He also brought the aspirin. He was out of breath, clearly he ran. He tried, however, to hide this fact. 'Real men don't need to run, the world waits for them.', he thought.

Wahrheit
2010-10-10, 01:28 AM
Beck looks at Rex. With an accent like that, he is soooo from Texas. And at his latest remark, she raised her eyebrow and looked at him in a sort of bemused way. Oh? What's that supposed to mean? She asked teasingly, ruffling her hair, her Quincy cross bracelet glinting silver.

"Oh, nothin' much. Just call it a hunch." Rex grinned and let his own reiatsu flare just the slightest bit as he extended a hand to shake, his Texas star Quincy cross dangling from the offered wrist. "Name's Rex Irons."

((OOC: Beck may have heard of the Irons clan; they're generally considered weird by other Quincies for reshaping their bows.))

horngeek
2010-10-10, 01:32 AM
Flaring reiatsu, unfortunately, caught the attention of said girl, who's head jerked up as she looked at the Quincy Texan.

Kasanip
2010-10-10, 08:50 AM
Sayaka
[Houheiden Shrine - Night]

Sayaka opened the door and seemed a little surprised. Of course she was surprised, but most of it was hidden, maybe because she was tired, or because always with a neutral feeling.

"Ms. Inagawa-kai and Mr. Aoki. I did not expect to see you this evening."

If she was formal and confused, when she saw Yuudai's pillow and the clothes being worn, she stepped to the side to show them inside.

"You are welcome to stay tonight. There is still some food from dinner if you would like. Ah, please also be warned of my father's childish behavior."

Such an embarrassment seemed to become used to for her because she was resigned now that Michiko was here to see him.

Maybe she had given up hope for 'normal' life for tonight.

But sleepover parties are supposed to be fun, yes?

So Haruaki appeared humming a cheerful song and with extra futons.

Such was a certain happy family.

Draken
2010-10-10, 10:16 AM
Donovan's grip on a cup slips as the reiatsu is fared, leading to him scrambling to not let the glass fall and then falling behind the counter himself.

But hey, at least he saved the glass.

Terry576
2010-10-10, 12:04 PM
Flaring reiatsu, unfortunately, caught the attention of said girl, who's head jerked up as she looked at the Quincy Texan.

Sora catches the flaring Reiatsu, and suddenly the usual feeling of his is cut.

As in, the Hollow scent that usually emits from him suddenly vanished.