PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Outside XVII

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Reinholdt
2010-09-19, 03:37 PM
This place is just as it sounds. It's outside.
Want a change of scenery? Go outside.
Always wanted to visit the beach? Come outside.
Looking to have a climatic fight on clifftops? Attempt outside.
Secret meetings being held where there's no cameras? Try outside.
Want an ambush without nasty base defenses? Yep. Outside.

Any and all are welcome here. There are no NPCs unless you bring them in. The major exception is the creepy eyed squirrel. The creepy eyed squirrel does not interfere with anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel is everywhere outside. The creepy eyed squirrel is always watching. The creepy eyed squirrel never sleeps. The creepy eyed squirrel can not be damaged, manipulated, or killed by anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel will eat anyone's very being who attempts to do so. Anyone can god-mode the creepy eyed squirrel. You may pet the creepy eyed squirrel at your own risk.

Other NPCs currently include:
The menacing crabs. These intimidating creatures are usually found by the shore.
The non-existant duck. You'll miss every time you shoot at it.

There is very little you can't do outside. However, like always, please follow the forum rules and general rules of conduct. Private conversations can be held outside. If it seems like a private (secret) conversation, please respect that. Those having such a conversation should do their best to indicate it as such. Otherwise, other characters may stumble upon you. Those desiring to spy in on private conversations should first PM those holding the private conversation, more out of courtesy than anything else.

There are many areas outside, and people can be in multiple places outside. In order to keep areas outside separated so there's no confusion, consider bolding your outside location at the start of each of your posts, like so:

The Fields

Reinholdt sets up various targets and practices his sharpshooting. All these events recently has made him a bit rusty. To his left, he notes the creepy eyed squirrel. Giving him the heebie-jeebies, Reinholdt decides to head somewhere else.

The Cliffside

Calublufiok broods over his latest scheme as he flies over the cliffs. The creepy eyed squirrel is watching him again. He finds occasionally landing and telling the creepy eyed squirrel his plans helps him find holes in his plotting.

Note Reinholdt and Calublufiok do not interact because they are in different areas outside. They could interact, if Reinholdt moves to the cliffside. Of course, various things like telepathy help bypass this. Also, please note outside has no major buildings, though minor ones crop up from time to time.

And most importantly, enjoy outside. That's what this is all about. :smallsmile:

Outside now contains various Outside locations! Such as...
[Dead Pine Lake]
This lake lies in the middle of the forest. On the eastern shore, woodpeckers feast on the dead pines that give the lake its name. Sometimes one can find Lady Death here, the Aspect of Eve also known as The Grandmother, or Jedwiga.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Jedwiga.)

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/p243360-Delray_Beach_FL-Wetlands_sc.jpg

[The Islands]

An island cluster forms an archipelago along the coast. Some of the islands are settled, some not, but most are at least occasionally visited by the fishermen who work these waters.

[Gersemi's Island]

Gersemi the seighkona lives on a small island in the archipelago with a single hut and a few sheep. Inside the hut, there is a single room, and a fireplace. A loom rests in one corner.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Gersemi.)

[Redbrick Falls]

A mountainous, cliffy region with a prominent waterfall. A large quarry once was worked in these cliffs. Now, only a few scattered villages and solitary dwellings remain.

[Norosa, Great City of the Elves]
A Lawful Evil city with an incredibly strong military and a very charismatic leader (Archmage Tyrion Lannister). It has a few CG resisters, but, otherwise, it is a city of peace and law, despite its evil nature.

[Brillian's Baneful Bestiary]
A secret series of caves where a mad scientist lives. A mad scientist who creates mutant attack creatures. These can be purchased for the right price.

[Auxiliary MagCave]

A relic from the days of the Age of Apocalypse, this abandoned cavern was once used by the infamous cyborg Magtok as a back-up laboratory and underground fortress, should Calublufiok have ever stormed the primary MagCave.

[The Katz Motel]
Located in the middle of Nowhere, our roadside motel is the only decent place for miles near the Taverna that has a bed. Run by a suave anthropomorphic cat, there is a strict No Dogs policy.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090705011306/courage/images/b/bc/Katz.png

A bellhop by the name of Bates is always ready to assist in carrying your luggage. Please ignore his constant mutterings about his mother. Other more unsavory employees can occasionally be found. Please try to avoid eye contact with them.

We at the Katz Motel wish to ensure you have a splendid stay. Any inconvenience due to randomly locking doors, giant spiders, secret passages, vampires, creepy paintings, and the occasional possession and subsequent exorcism are incredibly rare. Just look at our complaint cards! Not a single one mentions dying horribly in their sleep or becoming food for the monster in the basement.

And if you get bored, the owner will always be up for a game of sport, old boy.

((The Katz Motel is a horror filled place with the highest casualty rate of any motel in the Nexus area. Checking in is usually pretty easy and pleasant. Checking out is rare. Anyone can play the Motel and the NPCs within, free to invent their own horror. The NPCs within that can die usually only suffer death temporarily, the supernatural force causing the disturbances bringing them back to life for its own nefarious purposes. PCs get no benefit from this.))

[The Troll Cave]
A cave in a craggy hill. The undergrowth outside is trampled completely flat, and there's not much wildlife. There's a burned patch where a fire is sometimes there. Inside are a few large caves, linked by surprisingly smooth tunnels that look like something big has been regularly pushing through them.

[Blind Cat's Bluff]
A sheer cliff dropoff that travels straight down into the water, this is a favored point of people who commit suicide, romantics wanting to watch the sunset and anyone looking to get rid of evidence. The drop is pretty far and there are rocks at the bottom that spell almost certain doom, so watch your step.

PM Whoever's posted the current Outside thread if you wish to add locations to Outside.

Lord Magtok
2010-09-19, 03:45 PM
AuxCave

Magtok cringes, this sort of auditory nonsense always scared the hell out of him, even if he tried not to show it around everyone else.

Aken. I see.

Maggy quickly does a search on Quickypedia of the name, finding a vaguely worrisome reference to Egyptian mythology, but which could very likely just be coincidental. All in all, there's probably much worse names he could have, but on the other hand, these sorts of beings were usually pretty subtle with names like that.

Well Mr. Aken, it's nice to meet you, and I hate to have to ask this, and I apologize if it strikes you as a tad rude, but are you out to kill me, end the world, conquer sin, or babble inanely whilst smearing blood on the walls?

Gnrlshrimp
2010-09-19, 03:47 PM
((Repost, because a certain cat was far too quick with the new thread. :smallannoyed: *glares at Reinholdt*))

[The Golden Hall]

"Yess yess, I know, I'm doomed and all that. No chance of you finally dropping thiss and jusst leaving me alone then?" Damon asks, sending a burst of shadow fire at Pegrim.

He doesn't really expect it to do much, but he would appreciate it if his brother would just shut up and give up already.

"Ssarah iss going to drag me round on a leassh after thiss..." Damon mutters to himself quietly. If he's all Pegrim needs to wake the demon world once more, he's never going to get a moment's peace.

Kaelaroth
2010-09-19, 03:49 PM
[AuxCave]

The man, tall and imposing, pauses, ceasing his ominous tapping. I am not here to kill. He thinks, more. I am not here to cause the end of this existence. And again. Sin is not my concern. And smearing blood on the walls would be difficult even if I wanted to do it, given my incorporeal state. He resumes his tapping, but more slowly now, the rhythm more grave. I am here, subservient, to assist you from the recesses of your mind, offer words and wisdom, and aid in your transition.

Shadowcaller
2010-09-19, 04:08 PM
((Repost, because a certain cat was far too quick with the new thread. :smallannoyed: *glares at Reinholdt*))

[The Golden Hall]

"Yess yess, I know, I'm doomed and all that. No chance of you finally dropping thiss and jusst leaving me alone then?" Damon asks, sending a burst of shadow fire at Pegrim.

He doesn't really expect it to do much, but he would appreciate it if his brother would just shut up and give up already.

"Ssarah iss going to drag me round on a leassh after thiss..." Damon mutters to himself quietly. If he's all Pegrim needs to wake the demon world once more, he's never going to get a moment's peace.

[The Golden Hall]

And at the same moment the light of the staff consumes Damon and Nixm, Pegrim might be replying, but he can't even hear it as all sounds appear to drown out into utter silence as the staff activates.

[Outside the gates of Inside]

With a flash of light a half-naked beaten woman and a Zern appears a bit outside the gate of inside, they get a few spectators watching them, but in the nexus this is rather common stuff so it does not really count as something you should pay too much attention to. Assorting with people that do that kind of stuff often end up with people that don't do it dead.

Nixm falls down on the ground, even too weak to hold on to the staff that she leaves in Damon's grip. He might notice that she have filled the little clothing she have with various artifacts taken from the Golden Hall.

*will post for the black descent later when more have posted*

Lord Magtok
2010-09-19, 04:25 PM
AuxCave

Magtok raises an eyebrow as the man pauses repeatedly to think things over. Well, there goes his 'Are you a sane, normal fellow who just happens to be a figment of my imagination' question.

I see. What sort of transition, and what kind of help, and-

Magtok shakes his head. No, don't give him an excuse to stand around blankly again!

Actually, never mind that. So umm...did you have anything in mind for us to do first, or are decisions like that entirely up to me here?

Kaelaroth
2010-09-19, 04:28 PM
[AuxCave]

I am here to assist, and thus will assist as you will. Is there anything on your mind, sir? Aken pulls a large, dark chair out of nothingness, and sits himself upon it fluidly, his form folding neatly into its recesses. Sitting, he waits for Maggy's response silently, his tapping having now transformed to utter silence.

Lord Magtok
2010-09-19, 04:54 PM
AuxCave

Magtok shrugs, and sighs.

I suppose. After that last apocalypse we just dodged, I can't help but feel...trapped. We're all almost certain there will be more in the future, and I'm certainly going to be thrown into those, but I want to live my own life.

I want to do something Magg-ish. blow up the moon, kidnap someone with an influential spouse or lover, or lead a charge on NO, but as far as I can tell, the world's kinda frozen in a weird sort of stasis, with only mass graves for NPCs every few months to change things up. Dunno if there's really anything you can say or do about that, though.

Kaelaroth
2010-09-19, 05:00 PM
[AuxCave]

Ignore the wills of others. Other entities are weak, and die. You live on. Aken says, but his tone implies there's something he's not mentioning, but he continues on past it, all the same. Have you considered doing something amusing, mischievous, and yet positive? A prank of technological marvel, that would impress others and worry your enemies with your wit and might, and satisfy your urge to imprint your power upon this verdant plane? He shrugs his shoulders, slightly. Or perhaps, as you say, kidnap someone. It's a classic.

Lord Magtok
2010-09-19, 05:28 PM
I had an idea for something more positive, and really spectacular, but...

Magtok sighs, and hands over a folder with "Operation: DIAMOND" and "CLASSIFIED: I'LL SHOOT YOU IF YOU TRY TO SNOOP AND READ THIS, I SWEAR" stamped in red on the cover.

Deadtime got in the way. I figure I'll just scare the hell out of the other AMENites with a little show of force when we're all packed into that submarine, but that's just going to be a one-day thing. Maybe urge Gordon to go ahead and assault Inside and then clear out while he's off committing suicide, or-

Magtok smiles, and looks up at Arken.

Y'know, you're right. Screw their wills and plans and whining, I'm going to head out and do something.

Recaiden
2010-09-19, 06:13 PM
[ICB - Project Headquarters]

"You certainly may."

Outside the building, a cyborg and a non-cyborg are sneaking through the rain and vegetation towards the entrance. All that anyone is likely to notice at this distance is the faint red light of Kai's mechanical eye.

Lex-Kat
2010-09-19, 06:36 PM
[Gersemi's Isle]

Happy follows Melody's instructions.
The gash to Lyanna's forehead is deep. Under Happy's care, she begins to stir slightly. At least you know she's alive.

Reinholdt doesn't know what else there is besides a barn and a cottage and a beach on this island! He has no idea as to his options!

There were other people staying here though right? Perhaps other shelters? Reinholdt will try with those first, holding Estia close.
Reinholdt starts heading to where he thinks the shanty town once was. Maybe Lyanna and Jezebelle are there. But....

Quinn, catching up to Reinholt and Estia, is about to say something, when she hears Melody's shout in her mind.

~ - I'm on my way,~ she quickly responds, before shouting over the storm. "To the cottage! They're there! And hurt!" she yells, before turning and heading for, well, the cottage!

Where she'll basically burst down the door getting in.

Reinholdt tries to lead Estia that way once he hears the news. He considers quipping that just opening the door and walking in would be a whole lot more effective than destroying their shelter.

So he does.
Fortunately, he's probably not heard over the storm and the coming of the...
Quinn flies ahead of Reinholdt and Estia, prepared to burst down the door. First thing she notices is that the door is still open. Second, Jezebelle is laying in front of it. Third, blood leading to where Happy is administering basic care to Lyanna.

Trobby
2010-09-19, 07:08 PM
[ICB - Project Headquarters]

"You certainly may."

Outside the building, a cyborg and a non-cyborg are sneaking through the rain and vegetation towards the entrance. All that anyone is likely to notice at this distance is the faint red light of Kai's mechanical eye.

[ICB]

Inside a building filled with crystalline technology and painted with such a modernistic decor, the old sea dog in a leather coat feels...somewhat out of place, and in awe at the sheer magnitude of the place around him.

He looks towards Val, as if trying to find something more reassuring, and blinks a few times, before whispering to her.

These...Crystals...what are they for? Are they made of magic?

And yes, before you ask, Magicite is basically made of pure magic, hence him thinking that the crystals are made literally out of nothing but magic.

Reinholdt
2010-09-19, 07:16 PM
[Gersemi's Isle]

The gash to Lyanna's forehead is deep. Under Happy's care, she begins to stir slightly. At least you know she's alive.

Reinholdt starts heading to where he thinks the shanty town once was. Maybe Lyanna and Jezebelle are there. But....

Quinn flies ahead of Reinholdt and Estia, prepared to burst down the door. First thing she notices is that the door is still open. Second, Jezebelle is laying in front of it. Third, blood leading to where Happy is administering basic care to Lyanna.

"Get Lyanna." Reinholdt tells Quinn as he goes to check on Jezebelle himself to see what's wrong with her.

Lex-Kat
2010-09-19, 07:24 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

When Reinholdt gets to Jezebelle, he will find blood is pooling under her chest. When he checks her pulse, which I'm certain is next, he will find none. She is dead.

Momma? Estia kneels down beside Reinholdt, letting him do his thing.

Reinholdt
2010-09-19, 07:46 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

"Jezebelle..." :frown:

Reinholdt didn't know what to do. What he could do. What to say.
He had worked so hard to reunite her with her daughters. She was there for him when he really needed to cry.
And there was nothing he could do for her. No warning.
Nothing. It wasn't fair.

"I'm sorry Estia."

Reinholdt looks for what may have caused the wound. This seems unusual for something to happen in just a storm, harsh though the storm may have been.

Lex-Kat
2010-09-19, 08:03 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Estia looks to reinholdt. What was he sorry about? she wondered.

Then looked back to Jezebelle. Momma? Momma wake up. She grabs Jezebelle by the shoulders and shakes her, barely moving her. Momma!!

She flops down on top of her dead mother, balling, and making it hard for Reinholdt to find the cause.

Reinholdt
2010-09-19, 08:07 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Reinholdt makes no effort to stop her, silently crying himself, the bitter tears finding their way down his cheeks as he quietly goes to put a hand on Estia's back as some attempt at a comfort gesture.

Let's hope Quinn has better success with Lyanna.

ApeofLight
2010-09-19, 08:22 PM
[The Black Decent]

Balin looks around at the various prisoners, pour saps, they should be let free. " We should help these people... anybody have any idea of how to get them out of here safely? "

Recaiden
2010-09-19, 08:32 PM
[ICB]

Inside a building filled with crystalline technology and painted with such a modernistic decor, the old sea dog in a leather coat feels...somewhat out of place, and in awe at the sheer magnitude of the place around him.

He looks towards Val, as if trying to find something more reassuring, and blinks a few times, before whispering to her.

These...Crystals...what are they for? Are they made of magic?

And yes, before you ask, Magicite is basically made of pure magic, hence him thinking that the crystals are made literally out of nothing but magic.

[ICB Project HQ]

"I think it's mostly silica, actually. Seren is a bit busy for me to tap his memories and tell you all the details."

Trobby
2010-09-19, 08:38 PM
[ICB]

"Er...right. Silica. Of course." Captain Tobias replied, with the sort of grin that a young skipper would have when being asked to answer a question he couldn't, and wishing his captain hadn't heard him talking to his crewmate while trying to get an answer.

"It's um...the principal seems...well...I suppose it could..." ... "I suppose um...yes, made from um...the sycamore tree?"

Yeah, silicone doesn't see much use in a steampunk 1920's era world.

Recaiden
2010-09-19, 08:44 PM
[ICB]

Derek acquires the same look for a moment, as he searches through their mind for any hint of what a 'sycamore' is, likely finding that one of the spares, being from a mostly mainline earth, has heard of it.
"Ah, well, trees aren't usually involved, and ... no. Not at all."

Trobby
2010-09-19, 08:52 PM
[ICB]

"Oh...uh...well a similar process might um...well...I...really have no idea what Silica is, how it works, or what it does at all." The captain finally admitted, a bit sheepishly, looking down and rubbing his foot against the floor, looking around the room from side to side as if trying to find something he could analyze.

Of course, his monocle could only pick up on sources of magic, so if everything in here was run by pure science, it would prove utterly futile.

"It...it looks very nice..."

Recaiden
2010-09-19, 08:56 PM
[ICB]

Now that's something that will get him somewhere. Each and every crystal has a bit of magic to it. They're certainly not made of it, but there are tiny safeguard spells on each of them, and many are tuned to produce certain magic effects, constantly or when activated. Derek himself has a fair bit of magic around him, mostly in the orange amulet he wears.
"Thank you, Captain."

Trobby
2010-09-19, 09:00 PM
[ICB]

~...Ah! I see. Magic storage. That makes sense...~ He thought to himself, and smiled at Derek, offering the man his own hand to shake, large and strong. "A pleasure to meet you."

Recaiden
2010-09-19, 09:04 PM
[ICB]

"I felt certain I had already greeted you on the beach, Captain." But Derek shakes the captain's hand anyway.

Trobby
2010-09-19, 09:09 PM
[ICB]

"Ah...oh um...right." The captain nodded, either now remembering the nature of Six as Val described it to him, or else realizing in some small way what the nature was that they shared. Either way, now he seems to understand, and likely feels just as awkward about it as Val did.

"So um...you are...more than one person?"

Recaiden
2010-09-19, 09:17 PM
Derek shakes his head. "I am [I]exactly one person. I have many bodies. Think of this as a costume, if it helps you."

The Bushranger
2010-09-19, 09:43 PM
[ICB]

"Crystal computers. Silicon, some germanium, perhaps - magic is an ancillary thing," Val explains, a bit belatedly. Then chuckles at Derek's explanation, grinning at Captain Tobias. "Trust me, it took me a little while to get used to it. Between you and me, I still think of them as 'seperate but equal' to some degree." She then sticks her tongue out at Derek, knowing she was overheard.

---

[Gersemi's Isle]

Quinn stands there in shock for a moment, wondering just what happened.
But, she decides on 'magic triage'.

Healing first.

Resurrections later.

And thus, she hurries over to Happy to check on the wounded girl.

((Posting will be slow for a bit.))

Lord Iames Osari
2010-09-19, 09:46 PM
[The Black Descent]

Kirana summons her sword of golden light and starts to walk up and down the hall, cutting though the locks on the cells. "Those of you who can resist, help organize the ones who haven't."

Lex-Kat
2010-09-19, 09:54 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Reinholdt makes no effort to stop her, silently crying himself, the bitter tears finding their way down his cheeks as he quietly goes to put a hand on Estia's back as some attempt at a comfort gesture.

Let's hope Quinn has better success with Lyanna.
Estia is comforted. But it isn't evident, not even to her.

Quinn stands there in shock for a moment, wondering just what happened.
But, she decides on 'magic triage'.

Healing first.

Resurrections later.

And thus, she hurries over to Happy to check on the wounded girl.
The wound has been cleaned and a clean wash cloth held in place by Happy.

When Quinn pulls back the wash cloth, she can see bruising around the gash. Upon inspection of the wound, Quinn will be able to see that it goes down to Lyanna's cracked skull.

Haruki-kun
2010-09-19, 10:00 PM
[The Black Descent]

Haruki starts working on the portal. The portal appears immediately, but it doesn't lead anywhere, as the spell hasn't been finished yet. However, a very cute young lady with wings and a Halo steps out of it, smiling.

"Welcome! Thank you for traveling with Angelic Trans Plane. Please pay attention as we go over safety procedures.

First, remember to step through the portal and to continue moving forward. Stopping will, in fact, disrupt the continuum.

If you're traveling with children, make sure you step through the portal first, then secure them and continue on.

In case of forced landing, which is a possibility, since the Angel in charge has, like, no clue what he's doing, remember to pray to your deity of choice that the fall is short.

In case of water landing, swim to shore. Duh.

The space between the portals is pressurized for your comfort. In case of a loss of pressure, hold your breath and pray, as well. As Celestials, we can assure you, a little prayer goes along way.

In case the magic fails while you haven't reached the other end of the portal.... well, you're pretty screwed. But that rarely, if ever, happens. And it sure beats being imprisoned by demons.

It's a pleasure to have you on board... or through the space."

She then proceeds take out a cart with drinks.

Trobby
2010-09-19, 10:08 PM
[ICB]

"Crystal computers. Silicon, some germanium, perhaps - magic is an ancillary thing," Val explains, a bit belatedly. Then chuckles at Derek's explanation, grinning at Captain Tobias. "Trust me, it took me a little while to get used to it. Between you and me, I still think of them as 'seperate but equal' to some degree." She then sticks her tongue out at Derek, knowing she was overheard.

[ICB]

"Ah...we have some computers...but they are not very elaborate. Really, all that they do is calculations. They're not very practical for anything else.

Tobias nods at the explanation for how Six works, considering it for a moment.

"So you are in six places at once at this very moment?"

Recaiden
2010-09-19, 10:22 PM
Derek sticks his tongue out at Val momentarily.
"Ten, actually. Although six of them are 'this bunker'."
There are some footsteps which will soon resolve into Kai and Ranna going to enter the bunker as well.

Trobby
2010-09-19, 10:29 PM
"Ah, well that certainly doesn't-

Help make things less confusing, is what he WOULD have said, had he not picked up on the sound of footsteps, and instinctively turned around, hand reaching for his gun as he looked at the figures approaching.

The wolf man stops, and takes a moment to actually look at what he's turned to face.

Recaiden
2010-09-19, 10:41 PM
He's turned to face a pair of people.
One of them looks something like this (http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1006/d23/0125/a0de971.png). A northerner given his drawn features, a smile and primitive pointy metal bracer on his right hand, with a variety of metal and crystal tools at his belt. They are rather magical.
"Hey."
The other is decorated like the room is, with swirling shiny greys over dark skin. The left eye is brown and the right a glowing red, made of complicated mechanical parts. Her hair is anime-style pointy, cut to a moderate length and dyed white. Kai regards the captain suspiciously, hand near the knife on her belt.
Both of them wear amulets identical to Derek's.

The Bushranger
2010-09-19, 10:58 PM
[Gersemi's Isle]

Quinn gasps at seeing Lyanna's injury, wincing sympathetically. And takes a deep beath.
"She's lucky to be alive," she whispers to Happy, before closing her eyes and attempting a Laying On Hands on the wounded girl's head.

---

[ICB Bunker]

Val looks around in surprise at Captain Toby's reaction, blinking, and smiling as she sees her friend/s. "Meet more of my friends, Cap'n. Ranna and Kai, both of Six. It's good to see, ah, more of you." She chuckles. "Been out scouting more of the island?"

Trobby
2010-09-19, 10:59 PM
[ICB]

Recognizing that neither of them have the intent to attack (recognizing the intend to DEFEND rather than attack from Kai), the captain moves his hand away from his side, and takes a more relaxed stance.

"Ah, hello there. Again, I suppose." He chuckles, making the connection, hopefully a correct one, that the identical amulets are a symbol of being connected to the...six or ten that are connected in some way.

He eyes Kai with curiosity, having never seen a person dressed or decorated like her. He looks back to the boy, and speaks to him. He seems more relaxed.

"You'll have to pardon my reaction. I've learned to stay on my toes over the years. No disrespect meant."

Recaiden
2010-09-19, 11:02 PM
[ICB]

Good idea, but the man he met on the beach wore a necklace that was substantially different. Still, it must mean something.

"We don't mind. Though try not to let it happen again. You are a guest here." Ranna laughs, not truly serious about that. He couldn't be, after decrying the idea of honor earlier.
"It's fine." Kai says, visibly relaxing.

Trobby
2010-09-19, 11:07 PM
"Ah, Captain Tobias, at your service. All of you, actually. Sorry if I say it each time I see another one of you, it'll be a force of habit." Tobias grins, having to stop himself from extending his hand.

The Bushranger
2010-09-19, 11:11 PM
[ICB]

"I think the only person here you'll meet who isn't one of them is the guy frozen in the broken cyrostasis chamber," Val says. "So here, you're among friends. So, aside from your recruitment efforts, what's been going on for you?" she asks Six.

Recaiden
2010-09-19, 11:17 PM
"I've been building rockets. Come inside, and sit down, and we can talk."
Ranna gestures towards the staircase down.
"I've also been remodeling this place and building up our machines, as well as mapping the island." Kai has started towards the stairs.
"And it is decidedly [I]not recruitment. We made exactly one recruitment effort, and it failed. Acquiring new bodies is not the same at all." Derek has started walking that way as well.

The Bushranger
2010-09-19, 11:26 PM
[ICB]

Val presumes, possibly wrongly, that the 'recruitment effort' mentioned was her, and so she decides not to further comment on that, aside from an apologetic nod.

"So...rockets, eh? That sounds rather nifty. Short-range, long-range, or just straight-up-and-straight-down rockets?" she asks, sounding curious. "Found any surprises mapping, also?"

Trobby
2010-09-19, 11:29 PM
[ICB]

Tobias is...decidedly lacking on knowledge in rocketry, so taking a cue from the earlier conversation, simply follows the four...two...whatever...while admiring the scenery.

And decides that maybe he can talk to one of them. Or at least that he can try.

"I have to say I find the architecture very fascinating, but I'm afraid you have me totally lost on the functions of your machines."

Recaiden
2010-09-19, 11:45 PM
[ICB]

Val assumes correctly. They were devastated, had to rethink their whole conception of their place, and resolved to never make such a mistake again. There will be no further recruitment attempts.
"All of the above. Up being the most important. We need to get replicators into a wide solar orbit, here and at home. It'll take a very long time for anything to be finished, so it's best to start now.
No surprises yet."
"The machines mostly help keep us in contact more easily with parts of myself, control the environment here, and manage the little robots you see. The ones up here are mostly decoration and spare parts. Further down will be kitchen appliances, laundry, information storage, communicators. Things like that."

((Deadtime. Good night, all.))

Trobby
2010-09-19, 11:54 PM
[ICB]

"Ah, I see...I did notice those little fellows, actually. Never seen one before myself, but supposedly they've been working on automated construction workers for airship manufacture back in my old world. I saw a diagram once, and they remind me of that sort of design, though I have to say, yours are far more impressive."

The Bushranger
2010-09-20, 12:02 AM
[ICB]

Awwww. :smallfrown:

Val smiles, nods, and falls quiet. Staying close to the Captain, and feeling somehow just a little bit guilty.

(('Night!))

Trobby
2010-09-20, 12:10 AM
[ICB]

Captain Tobias, sensing Val's discomfort, holds her hand.

Well, that might not be the ONLY reason he decided to hold her hand...:smallredface:

((And I guess I'll go too. Night, all!))

happyturtle
2010-09-20, 05:06 AM
[Gersemi's Island]

Happy turns Lyanna over to Quinn, and sees Estia and Reinholdt mourning over Jezebel. She reaches the same conclusion that Reinholdt did - one wound might be an accident, but two suggests an attacker.

Melody, you might be in danger. I'll be right there.

She turns to Reinholdt. "I'm going for Melody. We'll come back here if we can, but will hold up in the barn if it seems better. Don't send anyone after us." She doesn't add 'because you have to stay and protect the children', because she figures that part is pretty obvious.

She heads for the door.

((Note to Reinholdt: [Nexus] tag needed!))

Recaiden
2010-09-20, 07:44 AM
[ICB]

They're still undecided on the issue of destroying all other life because of Val's decisions. Recent experiments show that it would probably be a bad idea, but it could go either way.
"Thank you, Captain."
"See, we need to build things that can reach asteroids out there, and eventually things to leave the system."
Kai goes and puts an arm around Ranna, because it seems fitting.

Reinholdt
2010-09-20, 09:52 AM
[Gersemi's Island]

Happy turns Lyanna over to Quinn, and sees Estia and Reinholdt mourning over Jezebel. She reaches the same conclusion that Reinholdt did - one wound might be an accident, but two suggests an attacker.

Melody, you might be in danger. I'll be right there.

She turns to Reinholdt. "I'm going for Melody. We'll come back here if we can, but will hold up in the barn if it seems better. Don't send anyone after us." She doesn't add 'because you have to stay and protect the children', because she figures that part is pretty obvious.

She heads for the door.

((Note to Reinholdt: [Nexus] tag needed!))

Yeah, yeah. :smallannoyed:
*grumbles something about back in my day and kids and trudging uphill both ways in two separate RP groups*

Reinholdt swallows and speaks with a cracked voice. "Alright. I don't know if Quinn fixed Melody's coma though. Fair warning. She was like that when I got here before the storm came because of how she protected the island. Overdid it. Like her mom." Figure it best to be out with it now before Happy gets there. In case she mistakes it for related to this, whatever this is.

He scoots over to try to hug Estia close and rock her a bit.

happyturtle
2010-09-20, 09:58 AM
((Don't blame me! I never started a new universe! *hides*))

[Gersemi's Island-The Cottage]

"Oh... might want to barricade the door." And off she dashes into the storm. Headed for

[The Barn]

Does she make it?

Lex-Kat
2010-09-20, 12:35 PM
{Gersemi's Cottage}

Estia is pulled off her dearly departed mother. She clings to Reinholdt, crying into his shoulder.

{Melody's Barn}

I don't know. :smallconfused: Does she?

Happy gets to the Barn just as Melody is fighting her way out.

Seeing Happy, Melody makes her way to her. Momma, are the children okay? She yells over the storm.

happyturtle
2010-09-20, 12:40 PM
[Melody's Barn]

"Quinn is caring for Lyanna. Estia is fine, but their mother is dead, and we don't know what killed her. Or who." Happy probably met the family during one of her deadtime visits. If not, then the above information was given without names. Happy puts an arm around Melody. "Are you okay?"

Lex-Kat
2010-09-20, 01:07 PM
{Melody's Barn}

((Most likely she met them during one of those visits. They stayed on the island to help Melody with chores and big floods of humans during disasters.))

I'm fine, Momma. She looks Happy over. But you need to lay down. She leads her to a bed of hay where the children are not.

She looks at Happy using the weave, trying to find what's wrong with her.

((DEADTIME))

happyturtle
2010-09-20, 01:11 PM
[Barn]

Happy resists being laid down. "If you're okay, let's get back to the cottage." Happy's core body temperature is a bit below normal. It was almost back to normal until she went out into the storm again.

((*rereads* There are children in the barn? I is confused. :smallconfused: If there are, then Happy won't try to return to the cottage.))

Lex-Kat
2010-09-20, 01:20 PM
((After taking in Lyanna and Estia, Gersemi's Isle became a refuge for orphans and unwanted children.))

happyturtle
2010-09-20, 01:23 PM
[Barn]

In that case, Happy will try and secure the barn against a potential attack, and herd the children into a defensible area. . She might feel a little foolish if Jezebel's death was an accident instead of an attack, but that's better than not taking necessary precautions and regretting it later.

Reinholdt
2010-09-20, 04:05 PM
{Melody's Barn}

((Most likely she met them during one of those visits. They stayed on the island to help Melody with chores and big floods of humans during disasters.))

I'm fine, Momma. She looks Happy over. But you need to lay down. She leads her to a bed of hay where the children are not.

She looks at Happy using the weave, trying to find what's wrong with her.

((DEADTIME))

Dang it Happy! Listen to Melody and lay down! :smallannoyed:

Reinholdt tries to pick Estia up a bit and go over to the door and close it before sitting down with his back to it, Estia pulled tight to him in his lap. Not the best barricade, but he doesn't want to disturb Estia or leave her alone longer than needed.

The Bushranger
2010-09-20, 05:35 PM
[Gersemi's Island]

"I...did. I think," Quinn speaks up as she hears Reinholdt's words. "She'll be around in about an hour...maybe faster, now."

After Happy leaves, she checks Lyanna to see how the healing worked, if it did.

----

[ICBs]

Val, unaware she had the opportunity to movitate people to destroy the world*, gives the Captain's hand a gentle squeeze - then has the words of Six sink in. "Wait, you're planning planetary travel? I can help with that - that's what I did, before. I don't know everything of course but I can help with basic principles some, and shielding circuits..."

Who knows, they just might recruit her at some point yet. :smallwink::smallamused:

* She'd hope they wouldn't. Among other reasons, she'd have to work with Magtok to stop them, and who'd want that?

Shadowcaller
2010-09-20, 06:35 PM
[The Black Descent]

"Her name's Quinn. She's sweet and caring and wonderful, and dad's great too. And she's also a healer," Mikani whispers to Hekta.

Mikani, looking a bit more composed, frowns as she looks over the prisoners, and raises her voice, looking especially at those who are fighting.
"Good NewsStay calm, everybody. We're here to set you free. Rescue has arrived!"

[The Black Descent]

Kirana summons her sword of golden light and starts to walk up and down the hall, cutting though the locks on the cells. "Those of you who can resist, help organize the ones who haven't."

[The Black Descent]

Haruki starts working on the portal. The portal appears immediately, but it doesn't lead anywhere, as the spell hasn't been finished yet. However, a very cute young lady with wings and a Halo steps out of it, smiling.

"Welcome! Thank you for traveling with Angelic Trans Plane. Please pay attention as we go over safety procedures.

First, remember to step through the portal and to continue moving forward. Stopping will, in fact, disrupt the continuum.

If you're traveling with children, make sure you step through the portal first, then secure them and continue on.

In case of forced landing, which is a possibility, since the Angel in charge has, like, no clue what he's doing, remember to pray to your deity of choice that the fall is short.

In case of water landing, swim to shore. Duh.

The space between the portals is pressurized for your comfort. In case of a loss of pressure, hold your breath and pray, as well. As Celestials, we can assure you, a little prayer goes along way.

In case the magic fails while you haven't reached the other end of the portal.... well, you're pretty screwed. But that rarely, if ever, happens. And it sure beats being imprisoned by demons.

It's a pleasure to have you on board... or through the space."

She then proceeds take out a cart with drinks.

[The Black Decent]

Balin looks around at the various prisoners, pour saps, they should be let free. " We should help these people... anybody have any idea of how to get them out of here safely? "

As Kirana starts to cut the looks of the cells some of the prisoners start to walk out on their own accord, looking a bit confused about what is going on.

A creature that looks a bit like a human-sized mantis mixed with lizard that chippers something only Haruki can understand as "I'm saved! The razhk be praised!"

The prisoners don't really appear to want to cooperate that much however, those who don't stay in their cells mumbling about their mothers are rushing towards the not yet finished portal passing by the girls without a second glance.

Some however stop and mumbles quiet thanks or payers to them, or so you might think as far from everyone speak your language.

"You girls are okay..." A dirty looking human male mumbles in Nexusian, nexus... whatever language they use in the nexus.

As the various prisoners that are still sane enough to move on their own starts to gather around the portal you can hear the door close in the room you came from.

Recaiden
2010-09-20, 07:08 PM
[ICB]

She's thinking both too big and too small. The world will be left just fine. But on the other hand, not just one world's sentient life. All of it.
"But of course, Val. A planet is far too little space. And you are being incredibly wasteful of this sun's energy."
The new layer has been made into a sort of living room. It has the same style of decor, but there are sofas and tables and screens built into the walls, which are now coming up with maps and calculations for orbits and flight paths, crystal programming diagrams, and some grand pictures of the nellite crystal shell encasing the majority of their home sun.
"It'll be a long time before we can match any of that Golden Age stuff, of course."

Trobby
2010-09-20, 07:14 PM
[Gersemi's Island]

"I...did. I think," Quinn speaks up as she hears Reinholdt's words. "She'll be around in about an hour...maybe faster, now."

----

[ICBs]

Val, unaware she had the opportunity to movitate people to destroy the world*, gives the Captain's hand a gentle squeeze - then has the words of Six sink in. "Wait, you're planning planetary travel? I can help with that - that's what I did, before. I don't know everything of course but I can help with basic principles some, and shielding circuits..."

Who knows, they just might recruit her at some point yet. :smallwink::smallamused:

* She'd hope they wouldn't. Among other reasons, she'd have to work with Magtok to stop them, and who'd want that?

[ICB]

She's thinking both too big and too small. The world will be left just fine. But on the other hand, not just one world's sentient life. All of it.
"But of course, Val. A planet is far too little space. And you are being incredibly wasteful of this sun's energy."
The new layer has been made into a sort of living room. It has the same style of decor, but there are sofas and tables and screens built into the walls, which are now coming up with maps and calculations for orbits and flight paths, crystal programming diagrams, and some grand pictures of the nellite crystal shell encasing the majority of their home sun.
"It'll be a long time before we can match any of that Golden Age stuff, of course."

[ICB]

The Captain stares at the vast array, not knowing what most of it is, but recognizing it as being way above his head.

"By the stars above..."

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-20, 07:37 PM
The Troll Cave

Gunther the troll walks slowly through the hilly terrain to his cave. It's been a while. He's carrying a dead cow over his shoulder. When he gets to the cave mouth, he throws the cow to the ground, goes into the cave and comes out with a pile of wood, which he throws on the fireplace, and a spit roast, which he shoves the whole cow on. He pulls a wand with a skeletal arm in a purple robe with stars still gripping onto it, points it at the fuel and sets it on fire.

He proceeds to slowcook the cow

Lord Iames Osari
2010-09-20, 07:41 PM
[The Black Descent]

As Kirana starts to cut the looks of the cells some of the prisoners start to walk out on their own accord, looking a bit confused about what is going on.

A creature that looks a bit like a human-sized mantis mixed with lizard that chippers something only Haruki can understand as "I'm saved! The razhk be praised!"

The prisoners don't really appear to want to cooperate that much however, those who don't stay in their cells mumbling about their mothers are rushing towards the not yet finished portal passing by the girls without a second glance.

Some however stop and mumbles quiet thanks or payers to them, or so you might think as far from everyone speak your language.

"You girls are okay..." A dirty looking human male mumbles in Nexusian, nexus... whatever language they use in the nexus.

As the various prisoners that are still sane enough to move on their own starts to gather around the portal you can hear the door close in the room you came from.

Tamesis steps in front of the portal, spreading her arms wide to block the way. "Wait! The portal isn't ready yet, and you need to help the people who haven't been able to resist!"

The Bushranger
2010-09-20, 09:27 PM
[The Black Descent]

Smiling quickly at Hekta, and beaming at the released prisoners, Mikani hurries to help Tamesis barricade the portal.
"Anybody who can help those who can't help themselves should do so!" she agrees...

-----

The world is not enough?

"Well, that depends on how you use the space. But you do have a point about the energy.
...it's not like magic follows the laws of mass-energy conversion anywhere, though..."

She stares, rather in shock, at Mission Control.

"...you [i]have been busy, haven't you? Um, you haven't invented the hyperdrive yet, have you?"

Recaiden
2010-09-20, 09:38 PM
[ICB]

Laughter ensues.
"Don't be silly, Val. Even magic is limited by the speed of light and principles of causality. Our magic, at least, follows most rules of physics. It only makes the application of energy easier."

ApeofLight
2010-09-20, 09:52 PM
[The Black Decent]

Balin's eyes go wide as he hears the door close. He quickly rushes over to see if there trapped inside or if he can still use the door.

If he can't... well that's a little bit of a problem.

Trobby
2010-09-20, 10:00 PM
[ICB]

"...The speed of light? I would think that something like magic could outrun light if it tried hard enough."

Ah, to be a man without any knowledge of Einstein or his laws of relativity. To think that speed is something that you can just keep achieving and never stop. Tobias truly lives in a free world.

Saying that something is held within the confines of science definitely doesn't appeal to him at all.

Lex-Kat
2010-09-20, 10:31 PM
[Melody's Barn]

Happy resists being laid down.

Happy will try and secure the barn against a potential attack, and herd the children into a defensible area. . She might feel a little foolish if Jezebel's death was an accident instead of an attack, but that's better than not taking necessary precautions and regretting it later.
Frowning at Momma for not laying down, Melody decides to help her barricade the barn. Momma, what are we defending against?

{Gersemi's Cottage}

Dang it Happy! Listen to Melody and lay down! :smallannoyed:

Reinholdt tries to pick Estia up a bit and go over to the door and close it before sitting down with his back to it, Estia pulled tight to him in his lap. Not the best barricade, but he doesn't want to disturb Estia or leave her alone longer than needed.
Estia curls up in Reinholdt's arms, but stares at her dead momma. Why'd she die, Reinholdt? Why?

Lyanna is healing alright. She's sleeping easier now. Quinn can see the crack in her skull has mended together. And then the skin begins doing the same.

But you can see where the crack was, and there will be a scar from the cut.

Recaiden
2010-09-20, 10:32 PM
[ICB]

"Not at all. Einstein's theories of relativity, and all that." Brought across dimensions to their world, once as free in its ignorance.

"But that won't be a problem for a long, long time."

Reinholdt
2010-09-20, 10:35 PM
{Gersemi's Cottage}

Estia curls up in Reinholdt's arms, but stares at her dead momma. Why'd she die, Reinholdt? Why?

Reinholdt shakes his head and summons a tissue box to blow his nose, offering some to Estia. "I'm sorry. I don't know. We probably won't find out until Lyanna can tell us what happened or the storm passes."

Trobby
2010-09-20, 10:36 PM
[ICB]

"..." Tobias chooses to nod in agreement, even though he doesn't agree at all with the sentiment, or with the theory.

"Well, I suppose I'm all for expanding and exploring new worlds. Can't see any fault in that."

happyturtle
2010-09-20, 11:24 PM
[Melody's Barn]

Maybe nothing. But until we know what killed Jezebel and injured Lyanna, I don't want to take any chances.

Hopefully someone in the cottage will investigate Jezebel's wounds?

The Bushranger
2010-09-20, 11:50 PM
[ICB]

"...magic is relativistic?" Val blinks in surprise. "I'd always thought it wasn't constrained by that. McKay would have kittens..." Val mutters, looking intense with thought.

---

[Gersemi's Isle]

Observing Lyanna's healing, Quinn sighs, making a note to use the Healing Device later to try to fix the scars.

And does, indeed, head over to check on Jezebelle now.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-21, 03:34 AM
[the Troll Cave]

Gunther finishes his meal, yawns very loudly, stands up and plods off towards the city

Recaiden
2010-09-21, 10:34 AM
[ICB]

They nod unison. "Of course, Val. How could it be otherwise?"
"I'm glad I meet your standards, Captain."

Trobby
2010-09-21, 11:37 AM
[ICB]

"It could very easily be otherwise, I imagine. Just because you can see that something's true doesn't make it true all of the time."

Yes, Tobias is VERY not into this sort of school of thought.

"I respect any man or woman who would try to explore the unknown, even more so if they plan to draw a map for others to follow in their footsteps. But I don't hold much for anyone who tries to tell people where they ought to go and in what direction.

You'll have to pardon me if that's not an entirely scientific state of mind. I've never been much of a scientist."

The Bushranger
2010-09-21, 07:25 PM
[ICB]

"How about the school of thought that says things don't exist unless they're being observed?" Val quips, smirking at Captain Tobias, then turning serious. "And that's actually a very scientific viewpoint. 'If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants'."

Finishing her quote, she turns her attention back to Six.

"If you're going into the space business, I think I might want to take up residence here. If you don't mind, of course."

Recaiden
2010-09-21, 07:32 PM
[ICB]

"Of course, you are welcome here."
Tobias, though, gets only a soft glare.
"What about telling them what seems to be true? That's all we do."

Trobby
2010-09-21, 08:30 PM
[ICB]

"Then you understand why I hasten to remind you of how easily the foundations of knowledge can be undermined at any time by the discovery of new truth."

The Captain feels a little more confident in the theoretical anyway. So he's going to run with it.

"However, I think we could debate this all day. So instead, i will simply wish you well on your journey."

Though yes, he can be a bit of a stubborn mule at times.

Haruki-kun
2010-09-21, 08:30 PM
[The Black Descent]

"Done!" yells Haruki, pulling back from the portal.

"We will now begin take-off," says the Angel Woman. "We hope you enjoy this teleportation."

Lex-Kat
2010-09-21, 09:22 PM
{Gersemi's Cottage}

Reinholdt shakes his head and summons a tissue box to blow his nose, offering some to Estia. "I'm sorry. I don't know. We probably won't find out until Lyanna can tell us what happened or the storm passes."
Estia just clings to Reinholdt and waits silently. She watches Quinn, unsure of what she's going to do.

[Melody's Barn]

Maybe nothing. But until we know what killed Jezebel and injured Lyanna, I don't want to take any chances.

Hopefully someone in the cottage will investigate Jezebel's wounds?
Wait! What? Jezebel is dead?

The children in the barn are startled by Melody's outburst, then confused when she says nothing after "Wait!"

[Gersemi's Cottage]

Observing Lyanna's healing, Quinn sighs, making a note to use the Healing Device later to try to fix the scars.

And does, indeed, head over to check on Jezebelle now.
As Quinn gets closer to Jezebelle, she will likely se Estia glaring at her.

When she kneels down beside the dead woman, Estia strikes. Leaping at the healer Estia swings her tiny fists trying to hit her. You leave my momma alone!!!

happyturtle
2010-09-21, 09:26 PM
[The barn]

Yes, I told you that already. Happy says. :smallconfused: Are you sure you're okay?

Reinholdt
2010-09-21, 09:30 PM
[Gersemi's Cottage]

:smalleek:
Reinholdt totally didn't see that coming! His reaction time is too slow to stop Estia! If he even would. I don't know. Probably.

"Estia please! She's a doctor!" She can tell you why!

The Bushranger
2010-09-21, 09:39 PM
[Gersemi's Cottage]

Quinn tries giving Estia a reassuring smile, but is taken totally by the surprise by the attack!

Estia hits her Weak Point, for Massive Damage!

"Oof!" She falls back onto her backside! "I'm trying to help her," she protests!

[ICB]

"Thanks. You guys are great."

Val starts looking a little distressed at the incipient argument between her friends. And squeezes the Captain's hand again.

Lex-Kat
2010-09-21, 11:44 PM
[Melody's Barn]

"Quinn is caring for Lyanna. Estia is fine, but their mother is dead, and we don't know what killed her. Or who."
Don't know how I missed this? :smallconfused:

Yes, I told you that already. Happy says. :smallconfused: Are you sure you're okay?
Melody grabs her head, and abruptly sits down. No, I don't think so. she says weakly.

The children (I think there is 8: 5 girls, 3 boys. None look older than Estia.) gather around the two adults. They're beginning to look scared.

[Gersemi's Cottage]

:smalleek:
Reinholdt totally didn't see that coming! His reaction time is too slow to stop Estia! If he even would. I don't know. Probably.

"Estia please! She's a doctor! She can tell you why!"

Quinn tries giving Estia a reassuring smile, but is taken totally by the surprise by the attack!

"Oof!" She falls back onto her backside! "I'm trying to help her," she protests!
Nuh uh!! You didn't help Melody. And now Momma is dead. You're evil!!

*Beat beat beat on the Paladin of Neirian*

Recaiden
2010-09-22, 07:41 AM
"True. But let me remind you that until we find new truth, the current foundation is all we have."
If it hasn't yet been obvious, they're quite stubborn itself.
"Thank you Val."

Trobby
2010-09-22, 08:03 AM
[ICB]

Tobias is about to speak up again, but at the slight pressure from Val's hand, he decides against it, and settles instead for a short nod.

happyturtle
2010-09-22, 09:47 AM
[Melody's Barn]

"I need you all to sit close to Miss Melody and be very quiet right now," Happy says, in a calm, but authoritative tone. "The noise the wind makes is Thor doing battle to protect us against the Jötunn, and if you listen closely, you might hear him laugh."

If she succeeds in calming the children, she will climb up to the loft and look out the windows to try and see what might be going on.

Reinholdt
2010-09-22, 10:15 AM
[Gersemi's Cottage]

Nuh uh!! You didn't help Melody. And now Momma is dead. You're evil!!

*Beat beat beat on the Paladin of Neirian*

Reinholdt stands and tries to grab Estia from behind and lift her up and away from Quinn. He's not the strongest around, but he's still bigger than she is. I think.

"None of which is Quinn's fault. You were there the whole time with her. Did Quinn ever leave and go out into the storm and hurt your momma?"

Shadowcaller
2010-09-22, 11:43 AM
[The Black Descend]

Hekta returns the smile a bit, but looks kind of confused when she see the numbers of prisoners approaching them.

Actually, it's the door you opened to enter the great hall that was closed, the door you just opened is still open and as Balin checks it he can hear someone walking through the hall, getting a brief glimpse of a huge spider-like creature between the pillars that is skittering towards the demon mother in the middle of the room.

A majority of the prisoners are not very comparative as they appear a lot more concerned about escaping then helping their fellow in-mates that don't really seems to want to be saved anyway. This might be because each cell is separated in a way so they never get to learn each other.

"I-I'm sorry, they just don't want to." A small pixie of undetermined gender replies to Tamesis, a great deal of the prisoners trying to get past her and escape into the portal.

There is a bull-like creature that sort of looks like a minotaur that howls at her and then a lean looking human male with black tattoos covering most of his semi-naked body that just tries to push her out of the way "Out of my way girl, I'm not staying another minute in this place!"

The Bushranger
2010-09-22, 01:10 PM
((Will post for Mikani after Iames posts))

---

[Gersemi's Cottage]

And Quinn gets beat upon. If Estia was a little bigger, her Quinn-ness might come into play, but as it is, she manages to avoid getting knocked over and hitting her head.

"I did help Melody," she protests. "And I can try to bring your mother back - if you'll let me!"
She finally tries to grab Estia's hands to stop the beating-upon.

...but Reinholdt beats her to it!

She mentally winces at his words, though. She fully expects Estia to say that's what she was actually doing instead of helping Melody.

---

[ICB]

"You're quite welcome." Val smiles. "And hopefully we can either prove or disprove those theories at some point, yes?"

Lex-Kat
2010-09-22, 01:21 PM
[Melody's Barn]

"I need you all to sit close to Miss Melody and be very quiet right now," Happy says, in a calm, but authoritative tone. "The noise the wind makes is Thor doing battle to protect us against the Jötunn, and if you listen closely, you might hear him laugh."

If she succeeds in calming the children, she will climb up to the loft and look out the windows to try and see what might be going on.
*Rolls Dice* Success!!

The children all sit around Melody and listen to Happy tell her mini-tale. When she leaves, Melody takes over and tells them more tales that Momma has told her about the Norse Gods.

((I have no idea what's going on with the storm though.))

{Gersemi's Cottage}

Reinholdt stands and tries to grab Estia from behind and lift her up and away from Quinn. He's not the strongest around, but he's still bigger than she is. I think.

"None of which is Quinn's fault. You were there the whole time with her. Did Quinn ever leave and go out into the storm and hurt your momma?"
Estia is grabbed from behind. She's only eight, so not very big at all. She swings ineffectively a couple more times, before giving in. I... I don't know. she admits softly.

And Quinn gets beat upon. If Estia was a little bigger, her Quinn-ness might come into play, but as it is, she manages to avoid getting knocked over and hitting her head.

"I did help Melody," she protests. "And I can try to bring your mother back - if you'll let me!"
She finally tries to grab Estia's hands to stop the beating-upon.

...but Reinholdt beats her to it!

She mentally winces at his words, though. She fully expects Estia to say that's what she was actually doing instead of helping Melody.
Estia continues to watch Quinn, daring her not to succeed.

Recaiden
2010-09-22, 01:24 PM
[ICB]

"Certainly. But as of yet, we have not disproven them. We certainly hope to." Ranna smiles at Val, and all three wince and pres a hand to their left shoulder.

happyturtle
2010-09-22, 01:25 PM
[The Barn]

The storm is just a storm. It's probably starting to weaken as the last bits of it pass over the island.

Whatever killed Jezebel and injured Lyanna is what Happy is looking for.

Reinholdt
2010-09-22, 01:27 PM
{Gersemi's Cottage}

Reinholdt brushes Estia's hair. "Well all Quinn is going to do is turn Jezebelle over so we can get a better idea of what happened. Right Quinn?" Reinholdt gives Quinn the look of 'Say yes'.

Trobby
2010-09-22, 02:17 PM
[ICB]

"Certainly. But as of yet, we have not disproven them. We certainly hope to." Ranna smiles at Val, and all three wince and pres a hand to their left shoulder.

[ICB]

Tobias seems a little more comfortable with this, and allows himself to smile...up until they suddenly wince, and Tobias suddenly has a look of concern.

"Is something wrong?"

Haruki-kun
2010-09-22, 02:58 PM
[The Black Descent]

The portal, unstable as it is, carries all prisoners safely to the Nexus. However, the other end of the portal is unstable as heck. Entering the portal is like playing roulette, where the resulting destination can be any of the following:

Trog's Tavern (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166922)

Inside (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164997)

Taverna Generica (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159836)

The Black Dragon's Den (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165827)

HALO Headquarters (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169205)

AMEN's Audition House (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138890)

GLoG Headquarters (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166295)

AMEN's Base (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167323)

And round and round it goes...

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-22, 04:31 PM
Gunther treks back to The Troll Cave, where he sits by the fire and falls asleep by the door.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-09-22, 05:07 PM
[The Black Descent]

Hekta returns the smile a bit, but looks kind of confused when she see the numbers of prisoners approaching them.

Actually, it's the door you opened to enter the great hall that was closed, the door you just opened is still open and as Balin checks it he can hear someone walking through the hall, getting a brief glimpse of a huge spider-like creature between the pillars that is skittering towards the demon mother in the middle of the room.

A majority of the prisoners are not very comparative as they appear a lot more concerned about escaping then helping their fellow in-mates that don't really seems to want to be saved anyway. This might be because each cell is separated in a way so they never get to learn each other.

"I-I'm sorry, they just don't want to." A small pixie of undetermined gender replies to Tamesis, a great deal of the prisoners trying to get past her and escape into the portal.

There is a bull-like creature that sort of looks like a minotaur that howls at her and then a lean looking human male with black tattoos covering most of his semi-naked body that just tries to push her out of the way "Out of my way girl, I'm not staying another minute in this place!"

"No." Tamesis backs up to stay between the minotaur and the portal and scorching a line in the ground with a beam from her sceptre. "If you were in their place, you'd want to be helped to freedom. So you will help them, and anyone who tries to cross this line before helping others will find their soul being freed from their body," she declares, in that moment every inch her father's daughter.

Kirana finishes cutting through the locks and winces as she hears her sister's speech. She grabs one of the ones who doesn't want to leave and starts moving him or her toward the portal, setting an example. "Come on and pitch in, all of you. It'll barely take a moment, and you'll get out of here nearly as quick. Besides, don't you want to get even with the ones who've been keeping you prisoner? Why leave these people here for whatever the demons want you all for?"

ApeofLight
2010-09-22, 10:08 PM
[The Black Decent]

Balin looks around and then hurries over to the prisoners that have just been freed. He tries to help Kirana get them going towards the portal and not towards the door. " Come on the faster you help the faster you get out of here! "

The Bushranger
2010-09-22, 11:09 PM
[Gersemi's Cottage]

Quinn gives Reinholdt a 'thanks' look, then nods. "Yes. That's alright, right Estia?" she asks, before reaching to carefully do exactly that.

[ICB]

Val also quickly looks concerned. "What happened? Are you alright?" she asks, hurrying forwards to check on her friend/s.

[The Black Descent]

Mikani gives Tamesis a worried look, but hurries forwards to help Kirana, going to take the prisoner she was guiding and assuming the role of guiding torwards the portal. "Everybody pitch in, and it'll only take a moment, and like she said, think of it on getting revenge at the demons who trapped you here!"

She also gives the apologetic pixie a cheerful and warm smile.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-09-23, 12:25 AM
[The Magnificent Firedbird]

[Summarized Resolution]

Moff sneaks around and stumbles upon a computer room. Thanks to the near-inability to focus on him, he manages to get schematics of the Spectre, but with limited information about the weapons, engines, and stealth systems. The schematics do say what they're supposed to be able to do...just not how.

He will then be pursued back to the Firebird while under heavy fire. It will then escape, using the fire portals to keep the cyborgs from pursuing with their jetpacks, and speeding away from the imminent laser and missile barrage.

Shortly thereafter, a massive portal can be seen opening in front of the Spectre, a dark night sky visible within. The stealth ship heads into the portal, which shuts once the craft has passed through it.

"Well, that was a harrowing experience. Damn ex-Imperials. I hadn't expected them to be able to hang on to that much hardware," Shanghai grumbles, and looks over at the Moff. "Did we get anything out of that but bumps and bruises?"

Recaiden
2010-09-23, 12:51 AM
[ICB]

"Seren got shot. We're fine though."

Lex-Kat
2010-09-23, 01:11 AM
[Melody's Barn]

The storm is just a storm. It's probably starting to weaken as the last bits of it pass over the island.

Whatever killed Jezebel and injured Lyanna is what Happy is looking for.
With the storm finally dying down, Happy is able to notice a fairly sizeable rock that sits buried in the ground about a third of the way from the Cottage.

The top of it looks like it may be jagged. But it would have to b e examined closer.

{Gersemi's Cottage}

Reinholdt brushes Estia's hair. "Well all Quinn is going to do is turn Jezebelle over so we can get a better idea of what happened. Right Quinn?" Reinholdt gives Quinn the look of 'Say yes'.

Quinn gives Reinholdt a 'thanks' look, then nods. "Yes. That's alright, right Estia?" she asks, before reaching to carefully do exactly that.
Estia gives a curt nod, then watches Jezebelle get rolled over.

They all will notice the severly bruised forehead. Though none here likely know the why, as they were not there when she "knocked".

Next is the chest. As Quinn begins to remove Jezebelle's shirt to investigate the nature of the wound, Estia can take n more, and turns away to cry into Reinholdt.

When Quinn, and possibly Reinholdt, look at her near naked chest (no need to remove her underclothes), they find a nice little hole just above her heart.

billtodamax
2010-09-23, 06:20 AM
Gunther treks back to The Troll Cave, where he sits by the fire and falls asleep by the door.

The troll will likely see a figure approaching his cave - that is, he would were he not asleep by the door.

The figure would probably be quite visible, dressed in a bright red robe with bright red hair - were, of course, Gunther awake.

It's highly likely that Gunther would notice James, for that is his name, approach the cave juggling a couple of fireballs in one hand, and looking intently and his fire - if, and I hate to bring it up again, Gunther weren't sleeping.

He'll try and bend the fire to his will, and this should be entirely possible for him, as he's an incredibly powerful pyromancer.

He'll make pictures in the fire, sitting quite close to the sleeping Gunther (unless he's woken up by now). Men on horses, great battles. Mostly to keep in practice, in reality.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-23, 06:25 AM
After a while, out of the blue, Gunther suddenly yawns and stands up

From the man's perspective it will appear as if a boulder has suddenly begun moving.

He rubs has massive hands over his eyes - he hasn't yet noticed the man

billtodamax
2010-09-23, 06:27 AM
Hi. Says James as he stares intently at the fire Gunther has going there. Pretty impressive for someone who can't create it out of their bare hands. A bit small though.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-23, 06:30 AM
uuhh?

Gunther looks around

oh. i didnt see you dere. where did you come from? i was watching on guard

billtodamax
2010-09-23, 06:34 AM
Outside. James says, pointing to outside the cave. Duh.

Sleeping, not guarding. James says, commenting on Gunther's unique style of guarding his cave.

((Deadtime))

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-23, 06:36 AM
Gunther accepts outside as an answer

however

nuh-uh. i wasnt sleeping. im a troll. we make good guards

Trobby
2010-09-23, 10:21 AM
[ICB]

"Seren got shot. We're fine though."

It took a few seconds for the Captain to process exactly what that meant.

When he did though, the realization shook him.

"You've been shot?!"

Hearing someone had been shot made Tobais reach for his pistol on instinct, and to start looking around for the person who did it. Some muscle memories are difficult to remove.

"Where is he? Or rather, where are you?"

((As said before, posts are going to be slow this weekend.))

Reinholdt
2010-09-23, 10:33 AM
{Gersemi's Cottage}

Estia gives a curt nod, then watches Jezebelle get rolled over.

They all will notice the severly bruised forehead. Though none here likely know the why, as they were not there when she "knocked".

Next is the chest. As Quinn begins to remove Jezebelle's shirt to investigate the nature of the wound, Estia can take n more, and turns away to cry into Reinholdt.

When Quinn, and possibly Reinholdt, look at her near naked chest (no need to remove her underclothes), they find a nice little hole just above her heart.
Reinholdt hugs Estia tight, holding her head with one hand.

So Jezebelle was shot. Reinholdt can think of only one person who'd do such a thing, but he was dead.
Right?

Recaiden
2010-09-23, 12:01 PM
"Another dimension. As I said, it's ...under control." They smile, amused at his reaction.

Trobby
2010-09-23, 12:26 PM
Tobias, wise enough to recognize a bemused smirk when he saw one, returns fire with a cold glare.

Though he really ought to have directed it at himself. I mean really, what was he thinking? That there was something he could do to protect them somehow?

He puts the gun away. "Well, just so long as you're alright..."

Shadowcaller
2010-09-23, 03:43 PM
[The Black Descent]

"I hear rats, two legged little rats walking around, such arrogant rats too, going in here, making trouble..." A voice can be heard as eight yellow eyes can be seen within the darkness of the hall, coming towards the mother, but looking in the direction of the recently opened gate. You can hear the nearby demons howl as it speaks.

The minotaur stares back at Tamesis and then snorts loudly, it's enormous head going from side to side, she might get some minotaur droll from staying so near it actually.

"The girls are right you know." The pixie agrees with Kirana "If everyone help, we are all going out of here in a moment or two!"

There is some mumble of agreements among the prisoners, that now, encouraged by the girls words, managed to get some of the less sane prisoners out of their cells.

Not everyone are that cooperative however and are currently trying to push their way forward to the portal, the minotaur appears to be blocking their path however, standing closest to the portal, it grunts as a thin red-haired human female tries to force her way past it.

"Get us out of here!" You can hear her scream in a panicked voice, looking right at the yellow eyes coming towards you, "The demons, the demons are coming!"

ApeofLight
2010-09-23, 04:18 PM

"Well, that was a harrowing experience. Damn ex-Imperials. I hadn't expected them to be able to hang on to that much hardware," Shanghai grumbles, and looks over at the Moff. "Did we get anything out of that but bumps and bruises?"

Warren nods. " Yeah, seriously we could have gone and stolen something valuable " He says somewhat grumpily.

[The Black Descent]

"I hear rats, two legged little rats walking around, such arrogant rats too, going in here, making trouble..." A voice can be heard as eight yellow eyes can be seen within the darkness of the hall, coming towards the mother, but looking in the direction of the recently opened gate. You can hear the nearby demons howl as it speaks.

The minotaur stares back at Tamesis and then snorts loudly, it's enormous head going from side to side, she might get some minotaur droll from staying so near it actually.

"The girls are right you know." The pixie agrees with Kirana "If everyone help, we are all going out of here in a moment or two!"

There is some mumble of agreements among the prisoners, that now, encouraged by the girls words, managed to get some of the less sane prisoners out of their cells.

Not everyone are that cooperative however and are currently trying to push their way forward to the portal, the minotaur appears to be blocking their path however, standing closest to the portal, it grunts as a thin red-haired human female tries to force her way past it.

"Get us out of here!" You can hear her scream in a panicked voice, looking right at the yellow eyes coming towards you, "The demons, the demons are coming!"

Balin looks around at the eyes staring through the door way. The young man gulps and pulls out his sword. " Just hurry up and start going! Help anyone if you can but we need to start going. " He says yelling over his shoulder as he stands at the ready near the doorway.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-09-23, 06:06 PM
[The Black Descent]

Kirana hands the prisoner she's helping to one of the saner ones. "If you get everybody through the portal, we'll hold the demons off while you do it," she says, looking through the group for Saul's father.

The Bushranger
2010-09-23, 10:39 PM
Val gasps a bit at hearing about Seren. "...oh, no. We should go help!"

At hearing they're in another dimension, she sighs a bit. "Back home, right? Anything we can do to help, here?"

---

[Gersemi's Cottage]

Quinn's eyes widen as she notices the hole. [i]She was shot-! she 'gasps', mentally, to Reinholdt. ~But by who?~

Frowning, she takes a deep breath. "Before I can raise her, I need to get the bullet out of the wound," she says quietly. "I need a clear table and privacy, alright?"

---

[The Black Descent]

"Don't worry, we'll make sure you all get through safely!" Mikani adds, looking concerened, but not worried. And, also, determined.

Recaiden
2010-09-23, 10:45 PM
[ICB]

"Absolutely nothing. Sorry."

The Bushranger
2010-09-23, 10:48 PM
[ICB]

"...thought so. Oh well. No need to be sorry, can't be helped." Val smiles. "You know, maybe we should see about setting up a regular airship service between your world and here..."

((And alas, I'm off. :smallfrown: Will be on more tomorrow though. Good night.))

billtodamax
2010-09-24, 02:38 AM
Gunther accepts outside as an answer

however

nuh-uh. i wasnt sleeping. im a troll. we make good guards

Looked like sleeping. James says, still staring intently at the fire. Name? He says, with the slightest of inclinations so it was a question.

happyturtle
2010-09-24, 05:20 AM
[Melody's Barn]

Happy isn't going to go outside to investigate a rock. She continues to watch while waiting for Quinn to contact her to give her more information.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-24, 05:57 AM
[The Troll Cave]

Looked like sleeping. James says, still staring intently at the fire. Name? He says, with the slightest of inclinations so it was a question.

i am gunther the troll. and what do you want little man?

He doesn't mean to be insulting. Everyone's little when your a troll.

Reinholdt
2010-09-24, 08:15 AM
Oh dear. It's James.
James AND Gunther.
This could never end well.

[Gersemi's Cottage]

Quinn's eyes widen as she notices the hole. She was shot-! she 'gasps', mentally, to Reinholdt. ~But by who?~

Frowning, she takes a deep breath. "Before I can raise her, I need to get the bullet out of the wound," she says quietly. "I need a clear table and privacy, alright?"

It's a long story, but her ex and the daughter's father was the head of a criminal ring that I took down a while ago so Jezebelle and her daughters could be together again. The kids don't know. Perhaps we should leave raising until AFTER the person who killed her is dealt with? Lest it happen again?

Reinholdt says nothing, waiting for Estia since it's really her say anyways.

He's going to feel awfully silly if he's thinking all these things and no one can hear him. He knows Melody could do two-way telethoughts, but there was some sort of special connection there, or so Reinholdt liked to think.
But not out loud to the tele-people! :smalleek:

Trobby
2010-09-24, 08:24 AM
[ICB]

"...thought so. Oh well. No need to be sorry, can't be helped." Val smiles. "You know, maybe we should see about setting up a regular airship service between your world and here..."

((And alas, I'm off. :smallfrown: Will be on more tomorrow though. Good night.))

Tobias's tail rose a little at bringing this up, his ears perking to attention, though not by very much.

He wasn't certain of the nature of interplanetary travel, but was almost certain that an airship might be entirely too slow to try it.

At least judging by the approximate distance to the moon, and considering how far away a planet must be to appear as small as it does in comparison...

Though a thought did strike him. It didn't need to be slow anymore...he had drawn up most of the remodeling himself...

Lex-Kat
2010-09-24, 01:16 PM
[Melody's Barn]

Happy isn't going to go outside to investigate a rock. She continues to watch while waiting for Quinn to contact her to give her more information.
As Happy turns her head slightly to look at the Cottage, she sees something glimmer near the rock.

[Gersemi's Cottage]

Quinn's eyes widen as she notices the hole. She was shot-! she 'gasps', mentally, to Reinholdt. ~But by who?~

It's a long story, but her ex and the daughter's father was the head of a criminal ring that I took down a while ago so Jezebelle and her daughters could be together again. The kids don't know. Perhaps we should leave raising until AFTER the person who killed her is dealt with? Lest it happen again?

Reinholdt says nothing, waiting for Estia since it's really her say anyways.

He's going to feel awfully silly if he's thinking all these things and no one can hear him. He knows Melody could do two-way telethoughts, but there was some sort of special connection there, or so Reinholdt liked to think.
But not out loud to the tele-people! :smalleek:
Raise her? Estia asks, confused. Why would you need to... to remove the bullet to pick her up?

((Ex= Johan. Just in case you don't remember. :smallamused:))

Haruki-kun
2010-09-24, 01:25 PM
[The Black Descent]

Haruki stands in front of the demons, blade in hand, in a battle pose. But he does not move. Yet.

"Come on.... bring it on...."

happyturtle
2010-09-24, 02:03 PM
[Barn]

Happy concentrates on the glimmer to see if she can make out more.

Reinholdt
2010-09-24, 02:26 PM
[Gersemi's Cottage]

Raise her? Estia asks, confused. Why would you need to... to remove the bullet to pick her up?

((Ex= Johan. Just in case you don't remember. :smallamused:))

Totally didn't forget. Honest.
>>
Reinholdt stays quiet for now. This is between Quinn and Estia anyways. And Quinn really should explain it and get permission before trying anything at all. He'll just be there for when Estia needs her.

He looks over to see how Lyanna's doing. Honestly, keeping the living living is more important at this point.

billtodamax
2010-09-24, 07:46 PM
[The Troll Cave]

i am gunther the troll. and what do you want little man?

He doesn't mean to be insulting. Everyone's little when your a troll.

James considers the question for some time.

Don't know. he says finally, still just... just staring at the fire. Might want to put that out or something.

The Bushranger
2010-09-24, 08:30 PM
[Gersemi's Cottage]

~You're probably right,~ 'says' Quinn, having 'heard' Reinholdt just fine, thankfully. :smalltongue:

She looks at Estia, and pauses. "Well, it's a long story, but...I might be able to bring her back, to make her alive again," she explains. "But I need to take it out first. It takes some time though. I can start the process now, though, if you want."

...and then, she tries to contact Happy. ~She was shot.~

--------

[ICBs]

Val chuckles softly as she notes the Captain's reaction, and waits to see (or rather hear) what Atorre thinks.

She'll explain how it would work to the Captian later. :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2010-09-24, 08:41 PM
[Melody's Barn]

Happy concentrates on the glimmer to see if she can make out more.
She can't make it out, but it looks to be golden.

{Gersemi's Cottage}

Reinholdt stays quiet for now. This is between Quinn and Estia anyways. And Quinn really should explain it and get permission before trying anything at all. He'll just be there for when Estia needs her.

He looks over to see how Lyanna's doing. Honestly, keeping the living living is more important at this point.
Lyanna is sleeping peacefully. Not making a sound. The head trauma looks to have healed up quite nicely.

~You're probably right,~ 'says' Quinn, having 'heard' Reinholdt just fine, thankfully. :smalltongue:

She looks at Estia, and pauses. "Well, it's a long story, but...I might be able to bring her back, to make her alive again," she explains. "But I need to take it out first. It takes some time though. I can start the process now, though, if you want."

...and then, she tries to contact Happy. ~She was shot.~
Will it hurt?

The Bushranger
2010-09-24, 08:49 PM
[Gersemi's Cottage]

Quinn shakes her head.

"No. It might be uncomfortable, but it shouldn't hurt." She starts to add that it won't force her to come back if she doesn't want to, but decides that she doesn't want to make Estia think she wouldn't want to come back for her.

Lex-Kat
2010-09-24, 09:11 PM
{Gersemi's Cottage}

Uncomfortable? Estia squirms in Reinholdt's lap, looking very serious as she considers the options. She doesn't wish to cause her mother any further uncomfort.

Finally, she looks up at Reinholdt. What do you think?

Reinholdt
2010-09-24, 11:40 PM
{Gersemi's Cottage}

"It's a hard choice Estia. On one hand, she may be happy in the better place she's probably in and it may be selfish to ask her to come back. On the other hand I know she loves you very much and never wanted to be separated from you. And it might not even work if she's in an afterlife that Neirian has no power over." Hard decisions.

The Bushranger
2010-09-24, 11:59 PM
[Gersemi's Cottage]

Quinn frowns at Reinholdt's last statement. What does he think a Goddess of Death does but have dominion over all death? :smalltongue:

But she stays quiet, and waits for Estia's decision.

happyturtle
2010-09-25, 07:15 AM
[The Barn]

Happy climbs down from the loft. Melody, Quinn says she was shot.

And to Quinn, she relays what she saw outside. I don't dare go investigate and leave Melody and these children undefended.
They really needed all the innocents in one place, but they shouldn't move Lyanna, and it would be rather crowded in the little cottage if they trooped all the children in.

If Melody was in fighting form, she'd go out and trust her to protect the others, but she wasn't, and her maternal protectiveness didn't want to let her out of her sight.

Shadowcaller
2010-09-25, 08:20 AM
[The Black Descent]

The minotaur enters the portal head first followed along with others, pressing themselves against each other to get into the portal, some of them even mumble a short thank you to the girls, Balin and Haruki.

Among them Kirana find as she looks, a frail man that matches the description of Saul's father, his are nearly hollowed in and as he moves he shakes, keeping look around as if someone was watching him, acting quite paranoid. He does not look as eager to escape as the prisoners further up the line.

The eight-eyed creature approaches them, now standing right before the door to the cells, the other demons inside the hall joining it in a circle, making escape from the room impossible (unless you use the portal of course.)

"No, your skin is all too dainty and white to be rats, pigs, yes that is what you are, sweet little white skinned pigs coming here, defiling our temple. I shall roast your flesh and eat it with many spices once we are done." The spider demon speaks as you can feel dark energy gather around him and spread outwoard to the other demons nearby, but it also giving the prisoners more time to escape.

"Giving you a choice little piglets, you can die here or join our mother in glorious rebirth... or you can leave and the hounds will cut your tasty little throats while you sleep. The crime you have committed here must be punished you dirty little curl-tailed things, sooner or later. You right now live on burrowed time for leaving your sty and coming here."

ApeofLight
2010-09-25, 10:12 AM
[Black Decent]

" Well that's not very nice. Calling us pigs and rats. How would you like it if people called you a insect to just be squashed? " Balin asks the demon. Right before he quickly tries to get tot he door and shut it. That should hopefully buy them another second.

iElf
2010-09-25, 10:34 AM
[outskirts of the empire]
a mile wide area has been completely covered in tents, and surrounded by makeshift palisades. the sounds and smells coming out of it are a mixture of the voices of vastly different races, and their respective fastfood. the slave market has come to twon

Ashen Lilies
2010-09-25, 10:39 AM
[Heaven]

Predictably, this is not on the Mortal Realms, but rather, in some plane above, over the rainbow, beyond the clouds, and all that shinyhappy sort of stuff. The green fields of it stretch on for infinity, bathed in eternal sunshine and being generally a Paradise for all those good people who died and ended up here, but they are not important. Leave them to their just reward, and turn your gaze to the single, seven-tiered mountain that stretches almost endlessly into the sky above, towering like a monument above the rest of Heaven, and indeed the Mortal Realms, The Nine Hells, the Abyss, and all the rest, for all is visible from the mount, for here is where the angels make their observance, and are observed in turn by the Council of Eight. Indeed, if one were to make their way to the Council chambers, buried deep within the heart of the mountain, one would find it in Attendance right now. They would also find that the name 'Council of Eight' is also somewhat misleading, as there are only Seven... beings... sat around the circular granite Table in identical chairs, their towering, faceless forms hidden within swaths of robing and armor. The Eighth being, Who sat in the Chair at the head of the Table, was not in Attendance. He had never been in Attendance. He never would be in Attendance. In fact, He likely had never existed, though the Seven who did exist would never readily admit to it.
One of them stirred, shifting his penetrating gaze to the visitor who stood, slightly trembling, in the hole in the center of the Table, his impressive eight-foot tall form, impressively covered by a single hooded cloak of deep blue made suddenly meager by the Magnificence of the Seven around him. The One who had stirred Spoke.
"Ah. You have come at last. Do you know why we have called you here?"
"Well actually, I-" Started the one in the middle, whose name was Martin, before he was cut off by another member of the Seven, sitting directly across from the First.
"Of course he has. We told him 30 minutes ago. You might have noticed if you hadn't been drawing pictures of naked women since the meeting began."
"I've no idea what you're talking about." Replied the First, not at all convincingly, as he attempted to brush the piece of paper in front of him discreetly off the Table, only to have it caught by a stray draft and sucked up into the air, fluttering about for all in Attendance to see.
After a suitably lengthy pause, which all the assorted Archangels (and Martin) had spent coughing awkwardly and looking pointedly downwards until the illicit material had fallen to the floor and safely out of sight, the Second one Spoke again.
"Anyway. Since apparently weren't paying attention to the start of the Attendance, we might as well summarize all that has happened so far. *ahem* We, the Council of Eight (one of whom was not in Attendance and the other of whom was in Attendance, but has no sense of anatomy) have decided that Heaven needs to get off its ass and start being a Player (but not a Playa) and so will send an emissary *cough*that'syouMartin*cough* down to the Mortal Realms in order to do something or other in order to further our Cause and uh... uh..."
"Balance the see-saw."
"Yeah, that. Anyway, Martin, do you agree to this Task that We have set before you?
"Well, sort of, I guess."
"What do you mean, sort of?"
"Well, you know, the whole 'furthering the cause, balancing the see-saw' thing. It's not very specific, you see. It sounds great and all, but what exactly does it mean? I mean, I'm not actually going to be balancing any see-saws, am I?"
There was an awkward silence as the Archangels sat around, pondering this sudden new development in their plan. One scratched his head. They all stared at one another, eventually singling out one to be the target of their gazes. Not because he was important or anything, mostly just because hey, someone had to answer. But of course he didn't, and it was up to GreenText to give out the answer that everyone was thinking.
"Beats me. Off you go." He pressed a button.
"Wait, that's not the answer I was exp-" But it was too late, as before Martin could spit out his entire sentence, a hole opened up beneath him, and he was unceremoniously dropped into the Mortal Realm.
"Oh wait! I forgot to say!" Said GreenText, standing up so he could lean over and call down the hole.
"Don't go to WATCHTOWER! Baalthazaar's daughter is there, and KR will probably rip your skin off and shove you into a box! And that would be really terrible!"
"So, when's the pizza arriving?" :smallsmile:

-----------------------------

With a soft sort of moaning, Martin lifted himself out from the small crater he had made in the floor of the house he had landed on, looking guiltily up at the hole in the roof he had created on the way down. Usually when the other angels said that they'd been 'dropped' into the Mortal Realms Martin had always assumed it was more of a metaphysical sort of dropping, not a literal one. After a few second making sure that he hadn't been wounded in the fall, Martin had retrieved his cloak, which was hanging from a rafter. He'd just been about to put it back on when a mortal had walked into the room, perhaps attracted by the noise of his house caving in. Instantly, Martin raised a hand in greeting.
"Do not be disturbed by my appearance Mortal, I mean you no ha- oh. Never mind." Martin shifted awkwardly, watching as the mortal fell to the ground, writhing on the floor and attempting to claw his own eyes out. He put his cloak on.
"Um... yeah. Sorry about that. It happens." The man moaned piteously, still trying to force his hands into his brain.
"Yes... um... love to stay and chat, but I've uh... got to go. Bye. Take care. Sorry about your house."
Small rivulets of blood had started to stream down the man's face.
Martin left.

Beans
2010-09-25, 11:05 AM
[outskirts of inside]
a mile wide area has been completely covered in tents, and surrounded by makeshift palisades. the sounds and smells coming out of it are a mixture of the voices of vastly different races, and their respective fastfood. the slave market has come to twon

http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1009/d25/1057/a0d0921.png
She sits in a cage, silent and staring at the floor.

iElf
2010-09-25, 11:09 AM
[slave market]

the entrance of the slave market is heavily guarded, the guards including some mages, and heavily armoured mercenaries. the entrance fee is 25gp

someone kicks the winged ones cage "you'll be on the block in an hour or so, depending on how well the neko's sell"

Beans
2010-09-25, 11:12 AM
She nods silently.

iElf
2010-09-25, 11:18 AM
the amn leaves again, and a neko in the cage next to her looks over. she's in ragged clothes and looks pretty beaten up "...are you scared?"

Beans
2010-09-25, 11:18 AM
She shakes her head.

iElf
2010-09-25, 11:27 AM
she looks over to her "...how did you get here then?"

Beans
2010-09-25, 11:29 AM
"Don't 'member."

iElf
2010-09-25, 11:32 AM
the neko sighs "...neither do I....it's been ages. at least you'll be actioned...I'm a discount product. 400 gold pieces"

Beans
2010-09-25, 11:34 AM
"Maybe we'll be bought by the same person."

iElf
2010-09-25, 11:36 AM
she sighs "...maybe...I don't think so though...you're too valuable"

Beans
2010-09-25, 11:38 AM
"Oh.
Am I?
Why?"

iElf
2010-09-25, 11:41 AM
she looks at her "...you're nice to look at...and you have wings, which is rare...you'll sell like hotcakes...and at a high price"

Beans
2010-09-25, 11:43 AM
"What are hotcakes?"

iElf
2010-09-25, 11:45 AM
"....i don't know....it's ...a metaphor?"

Beans
2010-09-25, 11:46 AM
"Oh.
I suppose it would be nice if we were bought together."

iElf
2010-09-25, 11:50 AM
"maybe if I'm thrown in as a free gift with you..."

Beans
2010-09-25, 11:52 AM
"Let's hope, I guess."

iElf
2010-09-25, 11:53 AM
she nods, and reaches a hand through the bars

Beans
2010-09-25, 11:55 AM
She looks at the hand and blinks once, not getting it.

VampireRot
2010-09-25, 11:55 AM
[outskirts of inside]

Assuming the slave market is officially 'open', Eig'Quzi comes lumbering in. The purple demon is well dressed, its tuxedo, top hat, and monocle making its wealth obvious. The demon tries to find some NPC slaves for sale, and the owners.

"Oh, I just love The Market. Such nice air, suffering and anguish abound."

iElf
2010-09-25, 11:58 AM
She looks at the hand and blinks once, not getting it.
"take it" she smiles

Assuming the slave market is officially 'open', Eig'Quzi comes lumbering in. The purple demon is well dressed, its tuxedo, top hat, and monocle making its wealth obvious. The demon tries to find some NPC slaves for sale, and the owners.

"Oh, I just love The Market. Such nice air, suffering and anguish abound."

several NPC's offer him their various slaves

Beans
2010-09-25, 12:00 PM
The winged girl tentatively takes the hand.

VampireRot
2010-09-25, 12:09 PM
Eig'Quzi grins a toothy grin. It takes a small bag out of one of its pockets and inspects the various slaves. The demon does this by forcing each slave to stare into its huge, yellow saucer-eyes. Eig'Quzi psionically inspects the slaves' temperament, and courage. After that he points out 5 slaves who are the most rebellious and unafraid.

"I'd like to take these ones. How much will that be?"

Eig'Quzi fishes down into the tiny bag. And will take out... another bag, this one bigger than the small one. :smallconfused: The bag taken out of the bag contains a large sum of money.

iElf
2010-09-25, 12:09 PM
the neko smiles "what's your name?"

Beans
2010-09-25, 12:11 PM
... Rexi.

It's odd.

iElf
2010-09-25, 12:15 PM
she looks at her "I'm lisa..."

Beans
2010-09-25, 12:57 PM
"Oh. I see."
She blinks.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-25, 01:31 PM
James considers the question for some time.

Don't know. he says finally, still just... just staring at the fire. Might want to put that out or something.

oh.

Gunther looks at him, at the fire, at him, at the fire, and then at him again.

why are you looking at my fire?

iElf
2010-09-25, 01:36 PM
"Oh. I see."
She blinks.

Lisa sighs "...well...what if we go to the same person then?" you or me make them?

Beans
2010-09-25, 01:38 PM
You.
She blinks and shrugs.

iElf
2010-09-25, 01:41 PM
she nods . my head is blank...oh, and QT?

Lex-Kat
2010-09-25, 01:56 PM
{Gersemi's Cottage}

"It's a hard choice Estia. On one hand, she may be happy in the better place she's probably in and it may be selfish to ask her to come back. On the other hand I know she loves you very much and never wanted to be separated from you. And it might not even work if she's in an afterlife that Neirian has no power over." Hard decisions.

Quinn frowns at Reinholdt's last statement. What does he think a Goddess of Death does but have dominion over all death? :smalltongue:

But she stays quiet, and waits for Estia's decision.
Estia looks up at Reinholdt, her lip begins to tremble and her eyes water. I want my Momma!! she buries her head into his chest.

And with that, Lyanna wakes up and begins to cry.

[Melody's Barn]

And to Quinn, she relays what she saw outside. I don't dare go investigate and leave Melody and these children undefended.
They really needed all the innocents in one place, but they shouldn't move Lyanna, and it would be rather crowded in the little cottage if they trooped all the children in.

If Melody was in fighting form, she'd go out and trust her to protect the others, but she wasn't, and her maternal protectiveness didn't want to let her out of her sight.
Shot! By who? And during that awful storm? Melody stands up and moves closer to Happy. Do you think they are still on the island? Is everything all right? she says the last part aloud, for the children's sake.

iElf
2010-09-25, 02:26 PM
You.
She blinks and shrugs.

some one enters the tent together with the slaver http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1009/d25/1415/f015277.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/39821035)

"so...how much for the winged one? can i inspect her?" the slaver nods, and lets her out of her cage

Beans
2010-09-25, 02:27 PM
She comes out. Her eyes are dark grey, with clubs-shaped (that is, the suit of cards) pale pupils.

She spreads her little wings.

iElf
2010-09-25, 02:31 PM
she looks her all over, and forces her to strip, "how much?" "100000" "...throw in the neko over there, and it's a deal " "ok" gold is exchanged

Beans
2010-09-25, 02:32 PM
"May I cease being unclothed, ma'am?"

iElf
2010-09-25, 02:34 PM
she nods "and you are to call me mistress" lisa is let out of her cages, and both are put on leashes

Beans
2010-09-25, 02:35 PM
She re-dresses and nods.

iElf
2010-09-25, 02:39 PM
lisa looks nervous, and the drow leaves the slave market, her new acquisitions pulled behind her . she heads for her home via teleport

Beans
2010-09-25, 02:40 PM
Rexi looks vaguely shy as always.

iElf
2010-09-25, 02:43 PM
which thread should i post the home in? the home thread of QT?

Beans
2010-09-25, 02:44 PM
Home would work.

Lord Iames Osari
2010-09-25, 03:09 PM
[The Black Descent]

Among them Kirana find as she looks, a frail man that matches the description of Saul's father, his are nearly hollowed in and as he moves he shakes, keeping look around as if someone was watching him, acting quite paranoid. He does not look as eager to escape as the prisoners further up the line.

As Balin moves to close the door and buy some time, Kirana goes over to the man. "Excuse me. Are you Saul's father?" she asks.

Earl of Purple
2010-09-25, 06:20 PM
Slave Market

Three seperate people enter, at different times yet for related reasons.

One is a human male clad in plate mail armour made from the chitin taken from a giant, carnivorous burrowing insect. He has brown hair and eyes, and there's a round, red shield on his back emblazoned with a red two-tailed scorpion device. At his waist is a morningstar shaped like the tip of a scorpion's tail; he also has a bandoleer of jars across his armour and a silver amulet around his neck. He looks at the more docile slaves, looking especially for ones incapable of writing and reading. His examinations do not take race into account, yet he focuses on the female slaves more.

Another is a female elf wearing a suit of chainmail under a white tabard with a black two-tailed scorpion prominantly displayed upon it. She has black hair and green eyes, and on a swordbelt at her waist is an ornate longsword with a scorpion embedded in amber set into its pommel. A jewelled brooch takes the form of a large-jawed beetle and is pinned to her tabard. She uses a spear as a walking staff. Around her neck is a silver amulet. She is looking for a specific kind of slave; a young male elf or half-elf, unable to read or write, especially attractive ones.

The third is a male tiefling with red skin, black hair, a pointed goatee and stubby horns. He is also wearing chainmail, but his tabard is black with a white two-tailed scorpion design. At his waist is a heavy black hell-iron mace. He also has a buckler that matches his tabard in design. Around his neck is a silver amulet. He heads to the Discount Tent, and young catgirls feature prominantly in his surveys; again, ones unable to read or write. The lack of Lisa do not seem to have disturbed him much.

All three amulets are identical in form; they display a two-tailed scorpion. It would appear as the three most important people in the Cult of Dalachrech are here.

iElf
2010-09-25, 06:25 PM
Slave Market

Three seperate people enter, at different times yet for related reasons.

One is a human male clad in plate mail armour made from the chitin taken from a giant, carnivorous burrowing insect. He has brown hair and eyes, and there's a round, red shield on his back emblazoned with a red two-tailed scorpion device. At his waist is a morningstar shaped like the tip of a scorpion's tail; he also has a bandoleer of jars across his armour and a silver amulet around his neck. He looks at the more docile slaves, looking especially for ones incapable of writing and reading. His examinations do not take race into account, yet he focuses on the female slaves more.

Another is a female elf wearing a suit of chainmail under a white tabard with a black two-tailed scorpion prominantly displayed upon it. She has black hair and green eyes, and on a swordbelt at her waist is an ornate longsword with a scorpion embedded in amber set into its pommel. A jewelled brooch takes the form of a large-jawed beetle and is pinned to her tabard. She uses a spear as a walking staff. Around her neck is a silver amulet. She is looking for a specific kind of slave; a young male elf or half-elf, unable to read or write, especially attractive ones.

The third is a male tiefling with red skin, black hair, a pointed goatee and stubby horns. He is also wearing chainmail, but his tabard is black with a white two-tailed scorpion design. At his waist is a heavy black hell-iron mace. He also has a buckler that matches his tabard in design. Around his neck is a silver amulet. He heads to the Discount Tent, and young catgirls feature prominantly in his surveys; again, ones unable to read or write. The lack of Lisa do not seem to have disturbed him much.

All three amulets are identical in form; they display a two-tailed scorpion. It would appear as the three most important people in the Cult of Dalachrech are here.
each can easily find what they are looking for. would you like to RP some of this out?

Earl of Purple
2010-09-25, 06:35 PM
Slave Market

(Maybe just the first slave in each case? Each wants multiple slaves)

iElf
2010-09-25, 06:45 PM
the first one will find a place that specialises in good looking females

the second one finds a slaver with a vast variety of elves and half elves

the third finds many neko's in the discount tent

Recaiden
2010-09-25, 06:49 PM
[ICB]

"I don't know. The long trip is kind of nice." Ranna says to Val. What do they need regular airship service for?

Earl of Purple
2010-09-25, 07:00 PM
Slave Market

Terrowin, High Priest of Dalachrech and Head Priest of the Inside Temple, looks at an attractive human woman, either late teens or early twenties. "A few questions: Can she read and write? Is she troublesome? May I inspect her fully?"

Reverend Lady Elezibethele, Head Priestess of the Outside Hermitage, looks at a sinewy elf appearing to be, in human terms, in his twenties. "What languages does it speak? Can it read and write in any language? Has it ever tried to escape? May I have a proper look?" She seems to dehumanise/de-elfinise him completely.

Defelent, Head Priest of the Town Temple, examines a middle-to-late teen tabby catgirl with few bruises. "Is she literate? Can she count? How old is she? May I examine her completely?"

In all three cases, the questions have sufficient gaps between them for answers.

The Bushranger
2010-09-25, 07:05 PM
[Gersemi's Isle]

[The Barn]

{Gersemi's Cottage}

Estia looks up at Reinholdt, her lip begins to tremble and her eyes water. I want my Momma!! she buries her head into his chest.

Quinn winces, and sends to Happy that she'll investigate. Then hurries over to try and comfort Lyanna.
"I'll do my best to bring her back. The process has already started, but it will take a little while, alright?"

----------

[The Black Descent]

[The Black Descent]

The minotaur enters the portal head first followed along with others, pressing themselves against each other to get into the portal, some of them even mumble a short thank you to the girls, Balin and Haruki.

The eight-eyed creature approaches them, now standing right before the door to the cells, the other demons inside the hall joining it in a circle, making escape from the room impossible (unless you use the portal of course.)

"No, your skin is all too dainty and white to be rats, pigs, yes that is what you are, sweet little white skinned pigs coming here, defiling our temple. I shall roast your flesh and eat it with many spices once we are done." The spider demon speaks as you can feel dark energy gather around him and spread outwoard to the other demons nearby, but it also giving the prisoners more time to escape.

"Giving you a choice little piglets, you can die here or join our mother in glorious rebirth... or you can leave and the hounds will cut your tasty little throats while you sleep. The crime you have committed here must be punished you dirty little curl-tailed things, sooner or later. You right now live on burrowed time for leaving your sty and coming here."

" Well that's not very nice. Calling us pigs and rats. How would you like it if people called you a insect to just be squashed? " Balin asks the demon. Right before he quickly tries to get tot he door and shut it. That should hopefully buy them another second.

[The Black Descent]

As Balin moves to close the door and buy some time, Kirana goes over to the man. [b]"Excuse me. Are you Saul's father?" she asks.

Mikani, meanwhile, straightens up, holding her wand tightly, and glaring at the demon over Balin's shoulder. "Oh yeah? Well your daddy was a housefly!" she hollers at the spider-demon, ready in case Balin can't get the door shut in time.

------

[ICBs]

[ICB]

"I don't know. The long trip is kind of nice." Ranna says to Val. What do they need regular airship service for?

To give Captain Tobias something to do?
"Well, there is that," Val admits with a nod. "And I suppose they already have the train service and all, don't they..."

iElf
2010-09-25, 07:06 PM
the first slaver smiles §she can do neither, and she's a tame little thing..and theres a small fee for full examinations"

the second slaver nods "look all you like. he speaks common and elfish, but he only can read elfish"

the third slaver sighs" she can count yes, but raeading and writing, not so much. she's 17 or so"

Recaiden
2010-09-25, 07:08 PM
Riiiight. >.<
"Yes. But to be practical, you're probably right. Airships [I]always have a place."

Earl of Purple
2010-09-25, 07:17 PM
Slave Market

"How much will she cost, and would you please tell me how old she is?" Terrowin doesn't bother about the examination. He's rather pleased with what he can see, so hopefully there won't be any unusual features hidden.

"I meant, may I look at it without the clothing. How much does it cost?" Elezibethele is staring at the slaver, and she doesn't care much about how old the slave is.

"Excellent. How much?" Defelent seems happy with this particular catgirl.

iElf
2010-09-25, 07:21 PM
"she's 19. and 5000 gold"

he nods, and the elf strips "12000 gold"

"500 gold for her..."

happyturtle
2010-09-25, 07:22 PM
[Melody's Barn]

Shot! By who? And during that awful storm? Melody stands up and moves closer to Happy. Do you think they are still on the island? Is everything all right? she says the last part aloud, for the children's sake.

Unless they teleported, they haven't had time to escape. "It looks like the storm is dying down," she says to answer Melody's query aloud. She isn't going to say everything is alright when the children are about to be told that someone they know has been killed.

Earl of Purple
2010-09-25, 07:30 PM
Slave Market

"Not too bad. Is there a blacksmiths here? Maybe not a blacksmiths, but somewhere with a very hot fire." Terrowin pays for the 19-year-old.

"That's steep. I guess elves are superior, after all. Certainly worth selling them." Elezibethele counts out the necessary coins. "Is there somewhere here I can get it branded? I have my own brand, I just need heat."

"Perfect. Anywhere I can get her marked?" Defelent takes a long metal rod from next to his mace and shows it to the slaver as he pays, careful not to let the catgirl he now owns from seeing.

iElf
2010-09-25, 07:33 PM
they all say the same thing "the branding tent in the middle...you can't miss it what with all the screaming"

Emperor Ing
2010-09-25, 07:36 PM
[Slave Market]

A burst of blue energy erupts from the sky, leaving in its wake a twisted creature of oscillating and pulsating blue veins of a sinister nature. The creature speaks in a heavy and echoing voice.
What is happening here?

iElf
2010-09-25, 07:38 PM
slave market

someone turns round to him"...this is a slave market ....do you live on the moon or something?"

Emperor Ing
2010-09-25, 07:42 PM
Nah. The twisted mass hovers under its own power, the dirt beneath it beginning to glow in a strange blue substance. Isn't slavery and the slave trade illegal?

iElf
2010-09-25, 07:45 PM
"not out here...it's ouside of the empire"

Earl of Purple
2010-09-25, 07:48 PM
Slave Market

Terrowin takes his slave to the branding tent, where she is branded on the right shoulder with a two-tailed scorpion and the letters IMT in a stencile style. He then goes off to hopefully buy another three or four offscreen; all attractive, young, female humans or half-humans and they are branded similarly.

Elezibethele also brands her slave; she does it personally. Again on the right shoulder, but this time with a two-tailed scorpion and the letters OT in a gothic fashion. She then goes to buy another four offscreen; all young, willlowy or sinewy elves and each is branded in the same manner.

Defelent also brands his slave, but pays a professional to do it whilst he watches. She has the brand of a horned skull on her right shoulder, marking this one as a personal slave and not a temple slave. He also goes to buy another five offscreen, but these get a two-tailed scorpion and the letters ImT in a blocklike font. These five are also all young catgirls with various markings.

The reason this has to be done offscreen is because I must Deadtime.

Emperor Ing
2010-09-25, 07:48 PM
Is it truly, or is it on the outskirts of Empire territory, far enough to go unnoticed but still within durisdiction? Nevertheless, vigilante or not, I am afraid...oh what's that human expression...the jigglypuff is up?

Lex-Kat
2010-09-25, 07:51 PM
[Gersemi's Cottage]

Quinn winces, and sends to Happy that she'll investigate. Then hurries over to try and comfort Lyanna.
"I'll do my best to bring her back. The process has already started, but it will take a little while, alright?"
Lyanna sits up and holds out her arms. Where's Mommy?

Estia looks at Quinn curiously. Don't you have to remove the bullet?

Lyanna looks at Estia then Quinn. Who are you? as if seeing Quinn for the first time.

{Melody's Barn}

Unless they teleported, they haven't had time to escape. "It looks like the storm is dying down," she says to answer Melody's query aloud. She isn't going to say everything is alright when the children are about to be told that someone they know has been killed.
I'll go look for anyone suspicious, Momma. You stay here. Protect the children. Melody heads for the barn door.

happyturtle
2010-09-25, 08:02 PM
[Melody's barn]

No. You could be a target too. I'll go. Honestly, who sends the healer out on point when there's a meatshield handy? :smalltongue:

Trobby
2010-09-25, 10:06 PM
[ICB]

"If you are in need of an airship pilot or captain, I've served aboard airships since the days of my youth." The captain volunteered, feeling he needed to contribute to this conversation.

Lex-Kat
2010-09-25, 10:12 PM
[Melody's barn]

No. You could be a target too. I'll go. Honestly, who sends the healer out on point when there's a meatshield handy? :smalltongue:
Melody? :smallconfused:

The Bushranger
2010-09-26, 12:18 AM
[Gersemi's Cottage]

Quinn smiles and picks up Lyanna. "I'm Quinn. I'm Melody's and your mom's friend," she says softly, before looking at Estia. "I do. But I can start the process now and take it out later before finishing," she explains.

---

[ICB]

"That's because," Val paraphrases the Doctor, "airships are cool. And also rather efficent."

She smiles at Captain Tobias, and squeezes his hand again.

Recaiden
2010-09-26, 12:22 AM
[ICB]

"Well, I'm afraid we don't actually have any airships ourselves, as such. But if I ever need one, I'll come to you, Tobias."

Reinholdt
2010-09-26, 01:26 AM
[outskirts of the empire]
Nadas, the scholarly drow shows up and starts looking around, trying to determine number and type of slaves.

But mostly looking at the number of slavers and their various defenses and if it could be possible with a little assistance to perhaps create a slave riot and give the slaves a fighting chance.

Having lived in the Underdark for some time, he knows how to handle himself in a slave ring so as to not draw attention to himself.

[Gersemi's]

{Gersemi's Cottage}

[Melody's Barn]

[Gersemi's Cottage]

Lyanna sits up and holds out her arms. Where's Mommy?

Estia looks at Quinn curiously. Don't you have to remove the bullet?

Lyanna looks at Estia then Quinn. Who are you? as if seeing Quinn for the first time.

{Melody's Barn}

I'll go look for anyone suspicious, Momma. You stay here. Protect the children. Melody heads for the barn door.

"Alright, I think we should go upstairs now and let Quinn work." He tries to lead Estia and move to scoop up Lyanna as well, intent and trying to get her upstairs before she has to see her mom like this.

"Do what you have to Quinn."

billtodamax
2010-09-26, 02:10 AM
oh.

Gunther looks at him, at the fire, at him, at the fire, and then at him again.

why are you looking at my fire?

Like fire. Pretty. Good at it. He says, completely absorbed. Live here? He asks, wondering if he could burn it to the ground. Yeah, he knows it's a cave.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-26, 05:23 AM
Gunther slowly grins

yes. dis is my troll cave. i was born here. i like it.

He looks at the man

you good at fire? thats good. used to have problems with it until i got my fire stick

billtodamax
2010-09-26, 05:30 AM
Don't need sticks. Pyromancer. James says, conjuring up a little flame in one of his hands to demonstrate.

He seemed pretty depressed when Gunther said it was his cave, but not for long. There was always more to burn.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-26, 05:32 AM
whats your name little man? why are you sad?

billtodamax
2010-09-26, 05:39 AM
James. He says. Get angry if cave was burned down. He says, tossing a fireball up and down. Something else will burn. It's fine.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-26, 05:47 AM
you want to burn things?

Gunther frowns

i know how you feel. im always hungry. always hungry. but cant eat people unless they are attacking me. bad trolls eat people. must feel similar yes?

billtodamax
2010-09-26, 05:55 AM
Sorta.

James has no idea how fire resistant trolls are.

People don't appreciate fire.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-26, 06:02 AM
people dont pre-she-ate trolls.

Gunthers face very slowly forms into a look of glee. He's had an idea! This isn't a common occurence

you want to burn things, and i want to eat things, but we cant. why dont we ... we ... find bad people so they fight us, and then you can burn them and i can eat them

billtodamax
2010-09-26, 06:07 AM

I'm reasonably certain that Gunther is much wiser than James.

James's arms and hands burst into flames, suddenly, and without warning.

Sure.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-26, 06:13 AM
Yay! chaotic stupid adventuring party!

Gunther looks confused for a second

where are bad people?

He thinks

maybe we should wander around and look for bandits and stuff?

say, wander to the slave market? :smallbiggrin:

billtodamax
2010-09-26, 06:16 AM
Yes. Very much yes.

Come on. James says, getting to his feet.

He glances sidelong at the troll. Resistant to fire? He asks, while a tree outside the cave bursts into fire.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-26, 06:21 AM
not sure. it hurts a bit, but i get better. the bad man who i got this off set me on fire

He pulls out his fire wand for a second, skeletal arm in wizards robe still attached

billtodamax
2010-09-26, 06:25 AM
James considers this for a while.

Good. He looks at the fire wand for a couple of seconds, before turning towards the entrance of the cave. A couple more trees immolate, although he isn't paying them much attention.

S'go.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-26, 06:32 AM
ok

Gunther sets off, ambling along at what would be a slow pace for a human, put for someone human size, but with his long legs, James probably has to stride to keep up. As he walks, Gunther hums out of tune adventuring songs. Currently he's butchering the Lord of the Rings Theme

dummmm dumdumduummm dumdum dummm (ad. nauseum)

Unless James does anything untoward, eventually they arrive at

[the slave market]

oh dear

billtodamax
2010-09-26, 06:39 AM
[Slave Market]

Hm. People here. James says, glancing around the slave market. Chance some are bad. he says, looking at all the extremely flammable tents. I'm pretty sure he's not gonna be checking too hard if they're bad or not.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-26, 06:50 AM
Gunther, meanwhile, is drawn to the branding tent with all the screaming. As he walks, he starts to frown more and more. Why are all these people looking so sad, and being pushed around? All those girls are frightened, and some look beat up. Your not supposed to hurt girls. Bad people do that.

Contrary to popular opinion, Gunther isnt *that* stupid. He's just very slow, and not used to making deductive reasoning. As he walks he gradually starts to work out whats happening

His breathing becomes deeper. His face sets into a very angry mask. His footfall becomes much heavier. The ground shakies as he walks. His personal space expands until people a good 5 meters away from him feel the need to pull away.

By the time he reaches the branding tent, he is *livid*

billtodamax
2010-09-26, 06:51 AM
((We should probably wait for iElf here.))

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-26, 06:52 AM
((agreed. This should be fun :smallbiggrin:))

Lex-Kat
2010-09-26, 01:45 PM
[Melody's barn]

Where does the meatshield go?

[Gersemi's Cottage]

Quinn smiles and picks up Lyanna. "I'm Quinn. I'm Melody's and your mom's friend," she says softly, before looking at Estia. "I do. But I can start the process now and take it out later before finishing," she explains.

"Alright, I think we should go upstairs now and let Quinn work." He tries to lead Estia and move to scoop up Lyanna as well, intent and trying to get her upstairs before she has to see her mom like this.

Reinholdt! Lyanna partly yells and glomps onto him. They are easily carried upstairs.

Where's momma? she asks. Estia wraps an arm around Lyanna, not saying anything.

happyturtle
2010-09-26, 01:48 PM
[Melody's island]

To investigate the rock and shiny stuff. But first she shapeshifts herself to look like Melody.

Reinholdt
2010-09-26, 01:54 PM
[Melody's barn]

Where does the meatshield go?

[Gersemi's Cottage]

Reinholdt! Lyanna partly yells and glomps onto him. They are easily carried upstairs.

"She's helping Quinn deal with the aftermath of the storm."

"What happened to you Lyanna? You had me worried." :smallfrown:

Lex-Kat
2010-09-26, 02:07 PM
[Gersemi's Melody's island]

To investigate the rock and shiny stuff. But first she shapeshifts herself to look like Melody.
Happy hears the gasp of a few surprised children who haven't yet seen her shapeshift before. Apparently other children have, as they just giggle at the gaspers.

Happy walks out to the rock, and as she gets closer can see blood splatter, likely from the gun shot. It sprays out away from the rock, back toward the cottage.

The shiny metal looks to be a mushroomed bullet, with an indention in the center. There are char marks around the indention, as if a secondary explosion occurred from it.

On the rock itself, there is more blood, along with a few brown hairs.

{Gersemi's Cottage}

"She's helping Quinn deal with the aftermath of the storm."

"What happened to you Lyanna? You had me worried." :smallfrown:
Momma fell. she places her hand to where the scar of her wound is. Oww. she says, not with any pain, but just a matter of fact.

happyturtle
2010-09-26, 02:12 PM
[Melody's Island]

"Melody" heads in the direction she presumes the shooter came from. *assumes Happy would be able to tell roughly*

Reinholdt
2010-09-26, 02:13 PM
{Gersemi's Cottage}

Momma fell. she places her hand to where the scar of her wound is. Oww. she says, not with any pain, but just a matter of fact.
"She was carrying you and you hit something when you fell? Is that it?"

"Try not to touch it. Let it heal better. Kinda. I guess it looks pretty healed up right now."

Lex-Kat
2010-09-26, 02:29 PM
[Melody's Island]

"Melody" heads in the direction she presumes the shooter came from. *assumes Happy would be able to tell roughly*
*Assumes correctly :smallsmile:* In that direction, "Melody" finds what's left of the playing field for the children, beyond that there are small hills that would be easy even for the children to climb. And good enough for an assassin to hide behind.

{Gersemi's Cottage}

"She was carrying you and you hit something when you fell? Is that it?"

"Try not to touch it. Let it heal better. Kinda. I guess it looks pretty healed up right now."
Lyanna nods at Reinholdt's questions. It doesn't hurt no more.

Miss Quinn healed you. She's nicer than she looks.

happyturtle
2010-09-26, 02:34 PM
Happy changes her arms into wings, to look like Melody when she's flying, and flies over the hills, though not at a high altitude.

Still, she's totally going to collapse again after this. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
{Gersemi's Cottage}

Lyanna nods at Reinholdt's questions. It doesn't hurt no more.

Miss Quinn healed you. She's nicer than she looks.

"She does look pretty mean and scary at first. That's just because she's a paladin. They... tend to be more proactive against mean people. But they're all pretty nice." Reinholdt absently fingers his burnt silver heart that's in his pocket, pulling it out a little, before realizing what he was doing and putting it back in.

Trobby
[ICB]

"Well, I'm afraid we don't actually have any airships ourselves, as such. But if I ever need one, I'll come to you, Tobias."

Tobias thought about that for a few moments.

And then, an entrepreneurial idea struck him.

"Would you consider investing in a business? An airship transportation service, perhaps?"

Lex-Kat
2010-09-26, 02:54 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Happy changes her arms into wings, to look like Melody when she's flying, and flies over the hills, though not at a high altitude.

Still, she's totally going to collapse again after this. :smalltongue:
Flying in the same direction, mostly, Hapody finds footsteps retreating from one of the hills and heading to the north-eastern end of the island. They are definetly man-sized.

She shouldn't be pushing herself so hard.

{Gersemi's Cottage}

"She does look pretty mean and scary at first. That's just because she's a paladin. They... tend to be more proactive against mean people. But they're all pretty nice." Reinholdt absently fingers his burnt silver heart that's in his pocket, pulling it out a little, before realizing what he was doing and putting it back in.
Where's momma?

Shhh. Momma's.... being looked at by Miss Quinn. Estia looks at Reinholdt for confirmation that she said that right.

Reinholdt
2010-09-26, 02:59 PM
{Gersemi's Cottage}

Where's momma?

Shhh. Momma's.... being looked at by Miss Quinn. Estia looks at Reinholdt for confirmation that she said that right.

Reinholdt nods.
"Quinn's also a doctor. Jezebelle fell, remember? So Quinn wants to make sure she's going to be alright. But you know doctors. Always want to be alone with their patients." *waits for a Moff to insert a lewd comment not appropriate for children*

"In the meantime, you should get some rest. Try to sleep. I have cards if you can't. We could play a game."

happyturtle
2010-09-26, 03:41 PM
[Melody's Island]

Perhaps not. But if she doesn't, and he kills someone else, how will she forgive herself? She follows, picking up speed to try and catch up with him.

(("Bow chikka bow wow" is inappropriate for children? Guess they better not watch Bugs Bunny. :smalltongue:))

Morty
2010-09-26, 04:29 PM
[Near the Slave Market]

The WATCHTOWER party composed of Wenomir, Efrim and anyone else who came along, should be getting close to the location indicated on the flier.

Lex-Kat
2010-09-26, 04:33 PM
{Gersemi's Cottage- Bedroom}

Reinholdt nods.
"Quinn's also a doctor. Jezebelle fell, remember? So Quinn wants to make sure she's going to be alright. But you know doctors. Always want to be alone with their patients." *waits for a Moff to insert a lewd comment not appropriate for children*

"In the meantime, you should get some rest. Try to sleep. I have cards if you can't. We could play a game."
Lyanna lays down, obviously still tired. Okay.

Estia smiles. Let's play Spite and Malice. If Reinholdt doesn't know how to play, she'll teach him.

[Melody's Island]

Perhaps not. But if she doesn't, and he kills someone else, how will she forgive herself? She follows, picking up speed to try and catch up with him.
Happy flies to the edge of the island, where she finds the tell-tale markings of where a small boat had landed. But it is gone now.

With a little looking out toward the sea, she sees a small dot speeding away toward the main land.

((DEADTIME))

happyturtle
2010-09-26, 04:36 PM
[Melody's Island]

She's tempted to follow. Very tempted. But she knows she's overdone it, and with the killer gone, at least the islanders are safe for the moment.

The killer just sped away in a boat. Not a fishing boat, but one powered by tech or magic. Fast. she tells Melody, while returning to the cottage.

Reinholdt
2010-09-26, 04:42 PM
{Gersemi's Cottage- Bedroom}

Lyanna lays down, obviously still tired. Okay.

Estia smiles. Let's play Spite and Malice. If Reinholdt doesn't know how to play, she'll teach him.

Neither Reinholdt nor ReinholdtTM know how to play. Which is probably a good thing. Keep them occupied with teaching the game for a bit. He'll make sure Lyanna gets some rest or sleep though, moving slightly away, though still in sight of the bed and speaking in whispers to Estia about the game.

Reinholdt's like the only adult on this island without special telepathic powers. Go figure.

The Bushranger
2010-09-26, 09:22 PM
[Gersemi's Isle]

Quinn nods to Reinholdt, and watches them go, before looking back to the fallen woman with a sigh.

~Melody? I'm heading out to try and find who shot her,~ she 'sends', before going to head out of the cabin and into the storm.

-----

<ICBs post coming after Recaiden posts. :smallsmile:>

Recaiden
2010-09-26, 09:31 PM
Tobias thought about that for a few moments.

And then, an entrepreneurial idea struck him.

"Would you consider investing in a business? An airship transportation service, perhaps?"

"Sure thing. Run by you, of course?"