PDA

View Full Version : (Shadow of the Colossus) Unlocking Time Attack mode?

awesomessake
2010-09-19, 04:11 PM
I've played through the game twice in a row, but i still can't figure out how you unlock time attack mode in SotC. Can anyone please clue me in on how you do this?

Thanks.

Level8Mudcrab
2010-09-20, 12:45 AM
I'm pretty sure that when you have beaten the game if you go to the statues in the main temple, you can pray at them as you would the save shrines around the map and that takes you into time attack mode.

awesomessake
2010-09-20, 01:19 AM
I'm pretty sure that when you have beaten the game if you go to the statues in the main temple, you can pray at them as you would the save shrines around the map and that takes you into time attack mode.

Wait, i thought you prayed at the remains where you beat them...

Okay, i realized my stupidity...

Corlindale
2010-09-20, 02:13 AM
Wait, i thought you prayed at the remains where you beat them...

That's reminisce mode, which is something different. Praying at remains merely let you fight the colossi again, like you did normally - and I think that's available as soon as you defeat the first one. You don't get any benefit from doing so.

Time Attack is unlocked by beating the game once - though of course you need to beat Normal to unlock Normal Time Attack and Hard to unlock Hard Time Attack.

Once you beat the game you get the option restart on the same difficulty, and there will be a little icon next to your save. Now you can pray at the statues in the starting temple to play time attack and unlock the bonus items.