PDA

View Full Version : (ToB) Multiple Manuevers Per Round?

Dralnu
2010-09-19, 04:46 PM
Can I use a swift action boost maneuver (eg. burning blade) and a standard action strike (eg. sapphire nightmare blade) on the same turn?

Kyeudo
2010-09-19, 04:48 PM
Yes. There is no "one manuver per round" limit.

Snake-Aes
2010-09-19, 04:51 PM
Maneuvers are limited by two things: the actions they consume and their availability (can't use the same maneuver twice without recharging).

Morph Bark
2010-09-19, 04:53 PM
Huh. For some reason I always thought there was a limit.

...considering how the big powerplayer in my group loves Warblades, perhaps I just shouldn't tell them about this. :smalltongue:

Snake-Aes
2010-09-19, 04:54 PM
Huh. For some reason I always thought there was a limit.

...considering how the big powerplayer in my group loves Warblades, perhaps I just shouldn't tell them about this. :smalltongue:

go go Raging Mongoose Time Stands Still 22 attacks!

Psyborg
2010-09-19, 05:11 PM
Note that Raging Mongoose is limited to four extra attacks per round, NOT per full attack.

Snake-Aes
2010-09-19, 05:21 PM
Note that Raging Mongoose is limited to four extra attacks per round, NOT per full attack.

Doesn't specify.

Chipp Zanuff
2010-09-19, 07:16 PM
go go Raging Mongoose Time Stands Still 22 attacks!

The record is sitting at 1,000,000. Just to put this in perspective. (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=146.0)

Psyborg
2010-09-19, 08:08 PM
Doesn't specify.

Initiation Action: 1 swift action
Duration: End of turn
After initiating this boost, you can make two additional attacks with each weapon you wield (to a maximum of four extra attacks if you wield two or more weapons).

These attacks are not part of a full attack action. They are in addition to whatever else you do that round. You could do move + single attack + Raging Mongoose attacks, 5'-step + full-attack + Raging Mongoose attacks, draw weapon + cast spell + Raging Mongoose attacks, or Time Stands Still (two full-attacks) + Raging Mongoose attacks.

Because these extra attacks are not part of a full-attack action, two full-attack actions do not give you two sets of Raging Mongoose attacks.

Snake-Aes
2010-09-19, 09:00 PM
These attacks are not part of a full attack action. They are in addition to whatever else you do that round. You could do move + single attack + Raging Mongoose attacks, 5'-step + full-attack + Raging Mongoose attacks, draw weapon + cast spell + Raging Mongoose attacks, or Time Stands Still (two full-attacks) + Raging Mongoose attacks.

Because these extra attacks are not part of a full-attack action, two full-attack actions do not give you two sets of Raging Mongoose attacks.

"oh noes I will only do 18 attacks! wait, nvm, i have a bite attack. back to 20!" :p I see your point, but it opens more serious exploits, mainly in the form of not using attack actions and performing 4 attacks anyway.