PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5] rules for intentionally making cursed items?

Tetrasodium
2010-09-20, 11:27 AM
I can't seem to find any decent rules for intentionally crafting cursed items. Sure there is the bit in the DMG, but it lacks any real guide for how it might affect the cost & time to make a beneficial magical item that intentionally has a cursed side effect. There are plenty of threads (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126056&highlight=cursed+item&page=3) scattered about with lists of cursed items, but I'm not able to find any official or homebrew guides for making them. Is anyone aware of such a thing?

ArcanistSupreme
2010-09-20, 12:01 PM
The MIC might have something. This thread probably belongs in the Roleplaying forum, though, unless you're asking for people to help whip up some rules.

Tetrasodium
2010-09-21, 10:45 AM
The MIC might have something. This thread probably belongs in the Roleplaying forum, though, unless you're asking for people to help whip up some rules.

Yea I was a bit surprised at the lack of info on cursed items in MiC, I was hoping that someone had put together a system for intentionally adding a curse to items at some point in the past and I just wasn't finding it or they hadn't thought about posting it :)