PDA

View Full Version : Help me Optimize a Blaster Cleric

Eronai_Jantig
2010-09-20, 05:48 PM
Hello playground, I know that typically we don't see blaster clerics as worth it, but for the sake of argument, if you had to make a cheesy blaster cleric of level 20, how would you do it?

The-Mage-King
2010-09-20, 05:55 PM
Hello playground, I know that typically we don't see blaster clerics as worth it, but for the sake of argument, if you had to make a cheesy blaster cleric of level 20, how would you do it?

DMM Persist Implosion.

Proceed in the following manner.

"AHAHAHAHA!!!"

Belay that. Find a nasty fixed range spell and then DMM persist it.

Eronai_Jantig
2010-09-20, 05:56 PM
Okay, you got me there, but I was thinking more in lines of typical blasting spells.

Claudius Maximus
2010-09-20, 06:24 PM
Ruby Knight Vindicator + Ordained Champion. You can spontaneously convert 5th and higher spells into Flame Strikes, which you cast as a swift action. You can use RKV's Divine Impetus ability to trade turn attempts (which you have dozens of, with all your Nightsticks) for swift actions, at no action cost and without a per-turn limit. Enjoy the fireworks.

Eldariel
2010-09-20, 09:28 PM
You average Cleric, just take DMM: Twin & DMM: Energy Admixture (for example) and maybe use Customize Domain from Dragon Whatever to get Orbs on the Cleric-list. Or use Dweomerkeeper [CDiv Web]. That pretty much replicates everything Incantatrix can do and then some (like make an "SR: Yes" spell pierce SR). Just stack Domains, ramp caster level and apply lots of metamagic. The usual deal. If you wanna use spells from Cleric-list, it's harder, of course. They are rather inefficient in level-to-damage ratio and lack good seeds spells.

Oh yeah, and with all divine CL buffs, finding an uncapped seed would be nice.