PDA

View Full Version : variant & expanded rules for a 3.5 warlock

oookler
2010-09-20, 06:55 PM
hi guys, in the last few months i hae disscoverd the warlock and it has fast become one of my favrite classes.
My group is about to start new game (now one of the rules we use is that we can use any class that we can find, subject to approvle of corse) and im thinking of playing a warlock\assasin (the assasin being a mongoose publication).
I was wondering if anyone knew of any varient or expanded rules for the warlock all i'v been able to find is the brife section in phbll, i thank you in advance for any help.

P.s. Spelling is not my,strong point and im using the touch screen on my phone to post this so please be gentel.:smalltongue:

AslanCross
2010-09-20, 07:08 PM
There are more invocations for the Warlock in Dragon Magic.

Fiendish Codex II: Tyrants of the Nine Hells has the Hellfire Warlock (google it; it's available on the WOTC website), which is a blasterrific PrC.

the humanity
2010-09-20, 07:11 PM
Complete Mage.

if your into pulling off your hands.

Project_Mayhem
2010-09-20, 07:27 PM
Is the Hellfire Warlock any good without the cheese to negate the con damage?

The Glyphstone
2010-09-20, 07:50 PM
Yeah, it just costs money instead and hurts your APE (actions per encounter) to UMD Wands of Lesser Restoration.

oookler
2010-09-20, 09:31 PM
those are all good ideas and i have looked at them before i was more wondering if there was somthing like the quint' books for a warlock?
I thought tat the invocations in dragon magic were only usable by the dragon fire adept?

AslanCross
2010-09-21, 04:20 AM
those are all good ideas and i have looked at them before i was more wondering if there was somthing like the quint' books for a warlock?
I thought tat the invocations in dragon magic were only usable by the dragon fire adept?

You mean like a warlock handbook? I think there should be one on these forums.

There are some that are dragonfire adept only; others are for the warlock.

gorfnab
2010-09-21, 07:59 AM
Warlock Information Compilation (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2915.0)

Usually the build I recommend for Warlock is: Warlock 4/ Binder 1/ Ur-Priest 2/ Eldritch Disciple 2/ Hellfire Warlock 3/ Eldritch Disciple 8

For an Assassin like Warlock something like these may work: Swordsage 1/ Warlock 6/ Swordsage 1/ Telfammar Shadowlord 4/ Jade Phoenix Mage 8, Swordsage 1/ Warlock 6/ Swordsage 1/ Telfammar Shadowlord 6/ Child of Night 6, Rogue 1/ Warlock 6/ Assassin 1/ Telfammar Shadowlord 6/ Unseen Seer 6.

Chipp Zanuff
2010-09-21, 08:02 AM
Yeah, it just costs money instead and hurts your APE (actions per encounter) to UMD Wands of Lesser Restoration.

Leave the UMD to post-combat. Restoration takes 3 rounds to cast, not very practical during combat.

Eldan
2010-09-21, 08:08 AM
I'm currently preparing a Warlock 7/Child of Night 10/Telflammar Shadowlord 5 for play, and it's working out nicely.