PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus Plot] Dark Search of the Sea

Pages : [1] 2

ThePhantom
2010-09-20, 11:34 PM
Ah, the sea. Home of many fishes, and where sunken ships sail in the currents of the deep. While the surface is well known, few men or women venture below the waves.

But it is here, where the sunken city of Atlantis would be found. And in search of that fabled city, AMEN has sent a submarine. Crewed by a number of members and henchmen, they hope to claim the city for their dark designs.

Now only if they don't kill each other first.

Murkus
2010-09-20, 11:42 PM
Flint is wandering back and forth on the ship, pacing almost obsessively. He looks hungry and pale.

Jack is in whatever acts as a control room, fiddling with his top hat.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-20, 11:44 PM
The Moff settles himself into a chair next to Jack. So... I'm thinking of starting an AMEN betting pool on how my clones turned out. You know, which cliches they'll end up as. :smallbiggrin:

Reinholdt
2010-09-20, 11:45 PM
"I call dibs that one of them hates and wants to kill all other Moffs."

Ilpholin is there... lying down on a beachchair in a bikini? Does she know that they're underwater? :smallconfused:

happyturtle
2010-09-20, 11:46 PM
Moff kills everyone first.

Moff reports that his player is likely to be hooked on the Civ V demo until Friday and the Civ V release after that, so don't be surprised if he seems unavailable at times. >.>

ThePhantom
2010-09-20, 11:46 PM
Pete, with Polly on his shoulder stands at the helm, steering the submarine.

"Yo, ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me."
"Great, he started singing. Moff, tell him someplace to go so he'll stop."

Moff Chumley
2010-09-20, 11:49 PM
The Moff waves at the bird. Eh, it's no big problem. Anyhow, I'm thinking: opposite Moff, kid Moff, female Moff, even-more-insane Moff, Moff from the FUUUUTURE, and, uh... probably a completely different interpretation of an opposite Moff. Any takers?

Murkus
2010-09-20, 11:49 PM
Jack fits his neat little hat back on, flicking his eyes to watch Moff and Ilpholin. "I call dibs that one of them turns out as an old, bearded, 'future imperfect' Moff and goes around trying to tell you what to do."

Might be a long shot.

ThePhantom
2010-09-20, 11:54 PM
"You don't understand, his singing attracts sea monsters!"
"Ten dead men on a dead man's chest. Yo ho, yo ho and a bottle of rum."

On the sonar, a large dot is moving the direction of the sub.

Murkus
2010-09-20, 11:56 PM
Jack blinks and starts to step forward. "Um... Pete? You might want to stop that a moment."

ThePhantom
2010-09-21, 12:01 AM
"We sink and pavillage and yes?"

Pete stops singing, but the large dot is still heading for the sub.

"Too late. Well, best see what he attacted in the viewing window."

Moff Chumley
2010-09-21, 02:16 PM
The Moff looks through the viewing window. Regardless of what it turns out to be, if I hear ONE person use the phrase "always a bigger fish", even accidentally, I will see to it that you suffer for all eternity. :smallsmile:

Murkus
2010-09-21, 02:23 PM
"And... my life goal is now to say that precise phrase at an appropriate time." Jack says, smiling.

Flint is still stalking about the ship.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-21, 02:30 PM
The Moff decides to ignore Murkus, for now. Anyhow, I'm hearing "future Imperfect" Moff. I'll say, 5:1 odds on that. How much? And Ilpholin, homicidal Moff... um, 3:1 odds on that, I'll say. Place your bets!

Murkus
2010-09-21, 02:36 PM
"How big a pool we talking, Moff?" Jack says, crossing his arms. "I got some pocket change stashed, but I wanna know just how high we'll be rolling here."

happyturtle
2010-09-21, 02:54 PM
"Wait, which one am I?" Moff says. He's sprawled somewhere with a laptop playing the Civ V demo. "Screw you, Bismarck!" :smallyuk:

Murkus
2010-09-21, 04:28 PM
Jack is suddenly eating an apple. Num num.

ThePhantom
2010-09-21, 04:32 PM
And outside the sub, a giant eel is heading for it.

Lord Magtok
2010-09-21, 04:55 PM
Magtok cringes as he looks out the viewport.

Oh gods, giant eel, why did it have to be a giant eel? I hated that level in Mario 64. Hated hated hated it.

ThePhantom
2010-09-21, 05:04 PM
Pete watches Magtok from below the viewing area.

"Um, Professor, what do we do?"

Reinholdt
2010-09-21, 05:08 PM
"Fire excessive amounts of explosives at it. That always works." Ilpholin says as she rubs sunscreen on herself from her chair, her sunglasses perched on her head.

Earl of Purple
2010-09-21, 05:12 PM
Nephrim and Dam'Bul, both of whom have always been aboard, are watching the eel. "Is there an external communication array without using radiowaves on this boat?" Dam'Bul is wearing trousers, trainers, a tricorn hat and a sheathed sabre at his waist, no shirt to show of his muscled body. His black hair and red eyes are unhidden. Nephrim is wearing her best outfit, namely the white robes encrusted with black gemstones; she's also caused herself to look like a preteen, female human with a remarkable resemblance to Gordon.1

Murkus
2010-09-21, 05:14 PM
"I could go beat it up." Jack says, in all seriousness. Still eating his apple. The hollow man steps towards the viewport, watching the creature. "Well, there's always the issue of getting swallowed."

ThePhantom
2010-09-21, 05:17 PM
Pete scratches his head.

"Um, I foget where the cannons are, and the ship only has radio."

And the eel strikes the sub, sending it rolling around. Henchmen and crates rattle around like dice in a shaken box.

"Waah!"
"How can you forget where the firing controls are, you nutcase!"

Earl of Purple
2010-09-21, 05:25 PM
"It seems I am unable to try and get it to follow my whim through mind control, then." Not that Nephrim's advertising weaknesses or anything.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-21, 07:37 PM
"Wait, which one am I?" Moff says. He's sprawled somewhere with a laptop playing the Civ V demo. "Screw you, Bismarck!" :smallyuk:

You're the identical clone. I think. Or am I the identical clone? Oh well, it hardly matters. The Moff thinks for a moment. Guys? No betting on the likelyhood of an identical clone showing up. That's cheating, and not the cool kind. :smalltongue:

The Moff is tossed about a bit. Gorramit. Jack, ya mind teleporting out there, severing the things front half from its back half?

Murkus
2010-09-21, 08:09 PM
Jack gets his hat knocked off as he's thrown against a wall. He takes the last bite of his apple and tosses the core towards a henchmen. "I'm tempted to make some joke about seafood, but since that would probably get a few eye-rolls, let's just move this little mission right along..."

The hollow man pulls off his suit in the middle of the room, tossing them to a henchman nonchalantly.

As I said, expensive clothing is expensive. He's just wearing some grey trousers now.

Jack gives everyone a wave and dives through a portal.

Outside, something shoots towards the Eel's head like a torpedo. Probably smashing into it and stunning it, at the very least.

With any luck, he'll hack at the beast with the White King's Sword until it's head looks more like a fish fillet than an eel.

ThePhantom
2010-09-21, 08:17 PM
And so, Jack fends off the giant eel, at the cost of likely getting very waterlogged.

Pete after getting up, heads back to the helm.

"So, any of this scury crew have an idea of our course?"

Moff Chumley
2010-09-21, 08:19 PM
The Moff plays a few notes on Synchronicity. Lemmme try... If Pete lets him pilot, it'll hardly be a smooth ride, but it'll get 'em there.

ThePhantom
2010-09-21, 08:26 PM
(Well, not exactly. You see, in order for it to stay hidden, there is an field that makes magical means of finding it not work around Atlantis. They'll get there in time, but there's a least one more encounter to have before they get there.)

Pete stands back and let's the Moff drive, cause he's the Skipper.

Murkus
2010-09-21, 08:31 PM
About twenty minute later, Jack slumps out of a portal, hugging the solid metal of the submarine. He's covered in eel innards and soaked to the bone.

"Fighting underwater sucks. Did you ever notice that?"

D_Lord
2010-09-21, 08:33 PM
It's bad for most people. I'm going back scrying around the world in the corner of the sub.

Hey, look it's brought it's Tv with it. Mmmm, looks like it's not a normal Tv after all.

Lord Magtok
2010-09-21, 08:42 PM
Nope. Only got water-proofed a few years ago, still dodging contact with the seas out of habit.

Magtok passes Jack's suit back to him, which may or may not have "KICK ME" spraypainted onto the back in large, red, bold letters for all to see. That's some gratitude towards the guy who just saved your life, Maggy.

Speaking of which, next time someone has to leave the sub, we have wet suits to prevent slumpy horrified messes like what Jack just became, right?

VampireRot
2010-09-21, 08:43 PM
DarkRed, Lemon Chiffon, Pink, Cyan, and LimeGreen are all lounging around in the the sub. They're all modified henchmen, but only one of them still has the Ebon Mirror doom-code stuck in his/her head. DUNDUNDUN! PLOT!

"Man, this is boring. When are we going to get there?"

"In approximately 'When-ever-the-hell-we-get-there'. I've checked the schematics, this ship runs at the Speed of Plot."

"As long as they don't get bored and decide to torture us... There's a reason they brought some of my clones!" :smalleek:

Murkus
2010-09-21, 08:48 PM
Jack goes and grabs a towel, taking the suit graciously from Magtok. He spots the spraypaint.

Giggling, he decides not to wear the coat part of the suit. Vengeance would come later.

Setting his hat back at it's stylish angle, he turns to the henchmen. "Shouldn't you guys be doing something useful?"

At which point, Flint jumps out of the shadows. He tries to tackle Cyan and sink a pair of vampiric fangs into his neck. "Oh, never mind."

ThePhantom
2010-09-21, 08:52 PM
"Sigh. With people like these, who needs friends."

"Polly! Be kind to the crew. Now then, which of ye bring that book that the captain had about the city?"

Pete keeps the sub steady.

VampireRot
2010-09-21, 08:53 PM
Cyan, screaming out curse words, is eaten. The henchman is rather bad tasting compared to any other human, because, as Rot would surely explain, cloning makes things taste bad. But its still a filling meal, and Cyan dies painfully. Unless Flint turns him into a vampire too.

"Aww, come'on! You got blood all over my jumpsuit!"

Pink's rather revealing pink jumpsuit has splatters of Cyan's blood on it. She looks rather annoyed that her clothes have to be washed, again. Stupid Cyan, always dieing messily.

Murkus
2010-09-21, 08:57 PM
Flint savagely sucks out as much blood as possible, not bothering to turn Cyan into a vampire. He stands, wiping his mouth, and glances at Pink. He smiles.

It's a bit red, but surprisingly clean for a stereotypical british person.

He bows his head apologetically. "Sorry love. Still gettin' used to this."

Jack is... well, he's on the floor laughing at Cyan's misery.

VampireRot
2010-09-21, 09:00 PM
Pink grumbles something about not changing into any new clothes on a sub full of men and Ilpholin and starts trying to rub the blood out.

Cyan pokes his head into the room.

"You're not going to kill me again, are you? I only have two other clones here."

The henchman then realizes that is those two clones were destroyed, he'd come back in AMEN proper. Hmm... Nah, not worth the dieing.

Murkus
2010-09-21, 09:03 PM
Flint slumps in the place where Cyan was sitting, watching his fellow henchmen. He frowns at the clone. "No. Sorreh pal, got a bit too hungry there for my own good."

Jack has picked himself up, dusting off his hat and stalking off into the bowels of the sub.

Reinholdt
2010-09-21, 09:11 PM
Pink grumbles something about not changing into any new clothes on a sub full of men and Ilpholin and starts trying to rub the blood out.

Cyan pokes his head into the room.

"You're not going to kill me again, are you? I only have two other clones here."

The henchman then realizes that is those two clones were destroyed, he'd come back in AMEN proper. Hmm... Nah, not worth the dieing.

"Oh don't mind me Pink. I promise only looking and no touching." Ilpholin grins as she sets up her tanning mirror and reclines back, the epitome of a vain woman covered in sunscreen getting a tan in a bikini at the beach.
In a sub.
No I'm not sure what she's thinking either.

VampireRot
2010-09-21, 09:14 PM
"That is part of the problem." :smallannoyed:

Cyan nervously chuckles.

"Yeah... Well, just try to get food before coming near us henchies. We really don't like it when you guys murder us. It hurts."

Reinholdt
2010-09-21, 09:19 PM
Ilpholin grins. "Oh. I didn't know you wanted touching too. Well, I'm certain we can arrange something." :smallwink:

ThePhantom
2010-09-21, 09:21 PM
"As amusing as it is to watch you all, does anyone have an idea of how to find Atlantis? I don't want to watch my feathers to turn grey before we get there. Or be eaten when you lot run out of food."

Pete, still steering, starts humming.

VampireRot
2010-09-21, 09:26 PM
"... Touch me, and I'll show you all the features this here arm has."

... She's going to interpret that sexually too, ain't she?

"How were we supposed to find Atlantas? What did Gordon say about it? Or did he just send us out with vague directions to the bottom of the sea?"

"You can't blame us, we're not even PCs. And we're not plot exposition faeries, we're henchmen!"

Reinholdt
2010-09-21, 09:28 PM
"... Touch me, and I'll show you all the features this here arm has."

... She's going to interpret that sexually too, ain't she?[/COLOR]

Already done.
"I can't wait sugarplum." :smallbiggrin:

Ilpholin addresses Polly. "Try Australia. I'd bet anything Australia is secretly Atlantis."

ThePhantom
2010-09-21, 09:38 PM
"What's Australia?"

Pete, just under his breath, starts singing again.

happyturtle
2010-09-21, 09:39 PM
"Don't ask me, bird. I wasn't around when Lizardbreath was handing out the missions." Moff says.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-21, 11:18 PM
What I said. Someone wanna radio Gordon, ask him what's going on? Oy, Chiffon, get on that. The Moff revises his opinion of Ilpholin from "rather a bitch" to "classy bitch". Which are two totally different thigns. :smalltongue:

ThePhantom
2010-09-21, 11:24 PM
Pete continues with the steering, but now his singing can be heard again.

"Shut up! We don't want another monster!"

Polly slaps Pete.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-21, 11:26 PM
Uh, Chiffon radios Gordon. Hey, boss, how are we supposed to find Atlantis?

ThePhantom
2010-09-21, 11:28 PM
I wasn't sure.

"You lot forgot the book didn't you. *Sigh* I'll get it and read it to you, will that make Moff feel better?"

Moff Chumley
2010-09-21, 11:29 PM
Hey. :smallannoyed:

:smalltongue:

LemonChiffon glances over at The Moff, who's idly playing with The Cost. I hope so. Go ahead.

Reinholdt
2010-09-22, 09:49 AM
Oooh. Classy.

"Austria is that place surrounded by water they call the land down under. Seems to fit in my opinion." Ilpholin shrugs and sips on her Pina Colada.

VampireRot
2010-09-22, 04:21 PM
"Australia. Austria's a different place entirely. Australia is the place with the kangaroos, koalas, and platypuses. Platapi? Oh yeah, and all those really fricken venomous spiders and snakes and lizards and jellyfish and snails and rocks. Almost as dangerous living there as it is being a henchmen for you lot."

Silly LimeGreen. The venomous lizards live on a different island. And the rocks are actually fish! :smallbiggrin:

Reinholdt
2010-09-22, 04:30 PM
"Yeah, yeah. That's what I said. Isn't IT?" :smallannoyed:
Ilpholin shoots LimeGreen a glare. Answer correctly.

VampireRot
2010-09-22, 04:32 PM
"Course it is. The other henchmen are rather thick, and probably misheard you."

"Hey!"

Murkus
2010-09-22, 04:35 PM
Flint chuckles (word: grunts humorously) at Green's remark.

Jack is somewhere.

Earl of Purple
2010-09-22, 04:37 PM
"You three, jump up and down." Nephrim motions at three random people as she says this, and there's mind-magic in the statement. Resistable, but still present.

VampireRot
2010-09-22, 04:40 PM
DarkRed starts jumping up and down.

"Wha?! Grr! Bloody witch!"

The two other jumpers can be PCs. :smallamused:

Murkus
2010-09-22, 04:41 PM
Flint starts jumping up and down. He shoots Nephrim a glare. "Hate you all so much."

Reinholdt
2010-09-22, 04:42 PM
"Sod off little wench. I'm getting a tan."
Like she's going to be interrupted from her... beach chair laying down in.

She leans her head back, putting the mirror up a bit, satisfied with LimeGreen's answer.

Earl of Purple
2010-09-22, 04:48 PM
"You may stop now. I was bored. I am not a witch, I am a Fallen. There's a difference. And please don't call me a 'wench', girl." Yes, that last sentence is directed at Ilpholin. Nephrim was not actually expecting Flint to jump; most undead have the annoying ability to ignore mind-effecting magic.

Murkus
2010-09-22, 04:51 PM
Perhaps he was vulnerable since he's still fresh?

Anywho, he stops jumping, and sits down. Still glaring daggers at Nephrim. "I wish we could just call all you weird folk 'monsters'." He huffs. "Make things a helluva lot simpler, I'd wager."

Coming from a relatively normal world, Flint doesn't seem to realize the variations of sentient species.

Or that he's now a 'monster' too.

Reinholdt
2010-09-22, 04:54 PM
"Since you said please." Ilpholin gives Nephrim a sickly sweet smile of total sincerity.

She's got much nastier names she can use.

VampireRot
2010-09-22, 04:55 PM
Undead are usually immune to mind-effecting spells by being too stupid to have a mind (zombie, skeleton) or have too powerful a mind to effect (lich). Vampires, or at least fresh and low-intelligence ones, can be effected. :smallbiggrin: At least that's how I'm picturing it now.

DarkRed stops jumping.

"Fallen, witch, wench, monster, its all the same, ain't it? Something that's making my life less than satisfactory."

Earl of Purple
2010-09-22, 05:01 PM
"A witch is a mortal user of magic. A Fallen was an angel, one whom now serves the more fun side of things. The difference is rather large. Oh, and vamp-boy? You are a bloodsucking, undead, creature of the night. I believe that you are, by your own standards, a monster. And girl? You need to respect your elders." Nephrim appears to be under ten years old; too young to be anybody's 'elder' or to rightly call them 'girl'.

On an unrelated note, which catagory of undead does Rot fall into?

Reinholdt
2010-09-22, 05:04 PM
"Ah, go to hell."
She says laying there unmoving in her bikini with sunglasses on.
She doesn't really care about being called a girl, but I don't think she respects anyone.

VampireRot
2010-09-22, 05:06 PM
Low intelligence vampire. The name 'Rot' wasn't picked out of a hat. :smallwink:

"Yeah, again, don't care. They're all annoying."

DarkRed is grumpy. Then he realizes something.

"Except for the wench one. That's fun." :smallbiggrin:

He gets a taser to his back for the remark.

"Ow! What the he-"

"Tut tut. Respect."

"Bloodywimmen."

Murkus
2010-09-22, 05:08 PM
Flint keeps glaring at Nephrim, knowing she's right. "Maybe I am. Still think I'm right, though."

The brit crosses his arms, still looking huffy.

Earl of Purple
2010-09-22, 05:10 PM
"I have. Thrice. Once to try and capture an archduchess' spouse, again to rescue my superior, and the last time because I was captured." Well, that's new information.

Reinholdt
2010-09-22, 05:13 PM
"Are we there yeeeeeeet?" About the only people Ilpholin can stand right now are Flint and Pink. And that's probably just because Flint hasn't actually talked to her yet.

Murkus
2010-09-22, 05:16 PM
"I have. Thrice. Once to try and capture an archduchess' spouse, again to rescue my superior, and the last time because I was captured." Well, that's new information.

"Christ, not another friggin' immortal." Flint rolls his eyes, grunting and sighing at the same time.

VampireRot
2010-09-22, 05:17 PM
"Seein' as how the pilot and DM is deadtimed, you'll have to wait, sugar-cheeks."

LimeGreen gestures toward Petey, who might not be as deadtimed as previously thought. Oh well.

ThePhantom
2010-09-22, 05:20 PM
"Here's the book. Now, head to 40, 55."

Pete starts heading in that direction, it shouldn't take long to get there.

Earl of Purple
2010-09-22, 05:26 PM
"I'm not immortal. I can die. Just not here." Demons, Fallen, angels, etc. from where she's from can only be killed permanently on their home plane. Otherwise, Nephrim'll just regrow her body.

Murkus
2010-09-22, 05:27 PM
Jack tries to grab the radio from Chiffon and raise it to his mouth. "Say, Gordie. How exactly did the Atlantis on this world sink, anyway?"

Flint frowns, looking annoyed. "Whatever you say, girlie."

ThePhantom
2010-09-22, 05:33 PM
"Um, let's see. The people of Atlantis, seeing how the darker forces were gaining in power, decided for their safety to hide their city under the waves. Oh yes, and there was something about a kraken? That part is a bit faded out."

Pete continues to steer the sub.

Murkus
2010-09-22, 05:35 PM
Jack winces at the kraken bit. "Really now." He whirls, looking at the radar to see if they're picking up anything large.

What was that law that said if something can go wrong, it probably will? Murphy's?

Earl of Purple
2010-09-22, 05:36 PM
"Technically, I'm not a 'girlie'. My current form is, so I suppose it is temporarily accurate." Nephrim's player also finds it easier to think of Nephrim as female.

((Deadtime, alas))

VampireRot
2010-09-22, 05:39 PM
Jack winces at the kraken bit. "Really now." He whirls, looking at the radar to see if they're picking up anything large.

What was that law that said of something can go wrong, it probably will? Murphy's?

"No! You fool! Don't tempt fate (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TemptingFate) like that!"

LimeGreen makes a dive to try and obstruct Jack's view of the screen. He's probably too late though. :smallsigh:

ThePhantom
2010-09-22, 05:39 PM
"Let me know if something happens."

Nothing other the seafloor on the radar right now.

The sub is in the area.

"Um, we're here, but there nothing there."

Murkus
2010-09-22, 05:47 PM
Jack tries to grab the side of Limegreen's head and shove him back from whence he came, staring at the radar. "Gods, calm down. There's nothing there anyway."

He turns to Pete. "Dive! That's always the answer!"

VampireRot
2010-09-22, 05:49 PM
LimeGreen glances at the screen, and looks surprised.

"What, really?

Well you better not do it again. Some scary stuff can happen if you do things like that."

ThePhantom
2010-09-22, 05:50 PM
"And crash on the rocks? No thank you. But I'll do it anyways."

The sub goes down, and nothing other than getting closer to the sea floor changes.

Murkus
2010-09-22, 05:53 PM
"Buzz off, Limey. You're a henchman, remember?" He turns back to Pete. "Well, this is getting terribly boring. Why don't we murder the henchman for giggles?" He turns to the other AMEN members expectantly.

Reinholdt
2010-09-22, 05:54 PM
"Fire excessive amounts of explosives at it. That always works." Even on non-existent cities, sea-beds, and that looming kraken overhead.

VampireRot
2010-09-22, 05:56 PM
"Oh!" :smalleek:

LimeGreen scoots backward. The other henchmen do too, except for Cyan. Poor poor Cyan. Pink trips him up with a barely-noticeable kung-fu foot-block and shoves the other henchman forward.

"Oh blast it."

ThePhantom
2010-09-22, 05:57 PM
"Alright. I'll find the cannons."

Pete starts looking for the firing controls.

(Be back later.)

happyturtle
2010-09-22, 06:06 PM
"BORED!" Moff announces. "Moff, why don't you change into a speedo and sunbathe so I have something nice to look at?"

Lord Magtok
2010-09-22, 06:12 PM
Magtok glances outside with a scowl. The idea of being constricted to death by some ill-tempered ancient sushi dish doesn't really have much appeal, but so long as he can continue to wear his silly pirate outfit and look authoritative in it, he's not abandoning the others to their fate.

Hey, speaking of which, Ilph? Assuming that somehow the absence of UV rays and sun down here is irrelevant, are drowfolk even physically capable of tanning?

Murkus
2010-09-22, 06:15 PM
Jack looks flabbergasted at Moff's request, completely forgetting about harming the henchies.

"Moff, are you trying to oggle yourself?"

Reinholdt
2010-09-22, 06:16 PM
"No idea. I mean, the sun is pretty harsh on us, so I can imagine the answer would be yes. Most of us aren't willing to try mind you. But honestly, any excuse I have to get dressed up in a bikini and oiled is good enough for me." Ilpholin winks suggestively at Magtok.

VampireRot
2010-09-22, 06:18 PM
"And me..."

"I know whatcha mean. Wowza!"

DarkRed and LimeGreen high five.

Lord Magtok
2010-09-22, 06:58 PM
Probably should've guessed as much. For someone who claims to favor the fairer sex, you've quite an...interest, in giving the males something to drool over.

Magtok's back remains turned towards the group as he staaaaares imposingly into the dark aquatic void, so Ilpholin's wink goes entirely unnoticed, so far as anyone can tell. Who knows, maybe he's ogling her by hacking into the eyes of one of the henchpeople. Pretty darned unlikely, though.

Just remember, if we run headlong into a sharktopus because some idiot henchperson is too busy ogling you or taking pictures with their recently-installed slap-to-the-face-powered robo-camera eyes, Gordon's gonna have a hissy fit.

He's lying about the camera eyes, by the way. Of course, the minions don't know that, and tricking henchmen into hurting themselves is always good for a laugh.

VampireRot
2010-09-22, 07:30 PM
Two slaps to the face are heard. Then another, though this one is Pink facepalming. And secretly checking.

"Idiots..."

Reinholdt
2010-09-22, 07:35 PM
"Of course. Helps keep the wild animals in control." Ilpholin grins at Magtok as she draws up one of her legs in some sort of suggestive pose. Though I think her existence is suggestive in and of itself.

"Besides, I never said I didn't go both ways. Just cause women are the far superior gender, doesn't mean there aren't a few cute guys out there. DarkRed for instance. Gordon can complain all he wants about it."

VampireRot
2010-09-22, 07:37 PM
DarkRed grins widely. And LimeGreen glares at him. Pink just shakes her head and repeats herself.

Lord Magtok
2010-09-22, 08:00 PM
Magtok nods, though still seems to find the window much more interesting than whatever Ilpholin is doing now. He allows himself a small smile as the slaps echo about the submarine, wondering if they'll continue if he makes a remark about the film developing in a few hours.

Mhm. Tempted to argue with you on the gender superiority thing, bring up the male dominance over most of surface world's societies, and the advantages that come with not bearing children, bleeding monthly, or suffering from a multitude of other things, but I think it'd be best for both of us if I didn't.

Reinholdt
2010-09-22, 08:14 PM
"Seeing as how male dominated societies oppress women out of your own inadequacies, your fear of commitment, the idiocy generated by testosterone which largely lead to a recent AMEN power struggle if I recall, and the fact that males can easily be crippled by a single blow to the groin, it is probably best for you not to bring it up. For both of us." :smallamused: Ilpholin smirks and turns over to lay on her back.

D_Lord
2010-09-22, 08:22 PM
And females too. But I don't really care. As long as you don't interrupt my show. I will not have hurt You both.

Lord Magtok
2010-09-22, 09:16 PM
Pfft. Inadequacies, commitment, testosterone? Is that the sort of mediocre propaganda Lolth has been spoon-feeding her naive cave-children?

Magtok's never been one to pass up a challenge, and though a voice inside tells him that he really should know better, he turns around and smirks, his body language announcing his declaration of this verbal war of ideologies before his words do. Such a maneuver isn't an easy task with that clumsy peg leg he's wearing, and he hasn't exactly had much practice with the thing, but he somehow manages to make the shift seem almost graceful.

The recent AMEN power struggle was due to disagreement with Gordon's policies about Inside and his tendencies to snap at everybody. It was a maneuver made by a pair who aren't too clever with politics, to deal with someone who doesn't even bother acknowledging that such things exist. Sure, I suppose you could claim testosterone overdose when he reacted to that with violence, but I think all dragons of both genders are like that.

As for the pelvic region, such threats imply that you'd actually get anywhere near it before being effortlessly brushed aside by any number of man-made devices I might be carrying precisely to keep unruly henchmen, savage sea-beasts, or misogynistic associates in line.

And dear, the only reason your gender is in charge in the Underdark in the first place is because your Queen was kicked out of the cool kid's deity club. She was forced to become the divine equivalent of a blind cave salamander, where she projected her feelings towards getting kicked out by a bunch of male gods by smacking her XY chromosome'd followers around.

Murkus
2010-09-22, 09:19 PM
Jack raises a hand, palm up, to cover his mouth. So that Ilpholin 'can't' see him whispering towards the henchies, "And that's why we keep Magtok around, kids."

Reinholdt
2010-09-22, 09:27 PM
Ilpholin giggles and flips to her feet from the chair.
"Really now? Care to put your money where your mouth is? One little wager. I manage to knee you in 'the pelvic region', as you put it, before you incapacitate me and I win. You stop me, you win. Sounds like a better and quicker way to end this debate to me than to listen to your petty mouth talk. Surely such a superior person like yourself should have no trouble stopping me." :smallamused:

As far as Ilpholin is concerned, if Magtok refuses the challenge, he's straight up admitting inferiority.

Murkus
2010-09-22, 09:31 PM
Every henchman in the room, and Jack, all go 'OOOOOO' in unison. All eyes on the cyborg.

Except Flints. He appears to be drinking from a canteen and generally hating everyone, as usual.

D_Lord
2010-09-22, 09:34 PM
Or I hit you both over the head until your both out cold

Looks like someone is getting annoyed.

ThePhantom
2010-09-22, 10:17 PM
"Found it!"

Pete hits the button to fire the torpedos, which hit the sea floor. He was too busy looking to pay attention to other things.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-22, 10:21 PM
"BORED!" Moff announces. "Moff, why don't you change into a speedo and sunbathe so I have something nice to look at?"

ON IT!

Ilpholin will find another beach chair set up beside her own... :smalltongue:

Lord Magtok
2010-09-23, 07:22 AM
I dunno, I think my girlfriend might take issue with the idea of me accepting propositions from greased-up drow in bikinis, but if you really want to look like a buffoon in front of everyone, who am I to object?

Magtok's smile spreads, and he kicks aside his peg-leg and plants both feet solidly on the ground, as his silly pirate costume instantaneously gives way to a black suit and purple tie, one of the few clothing items he had that won't make him trip over his own feet and fall on his face, but which also includes pant legs and will only making finding her target easier for Ilpholin. I'm willing to bet he's got a better plan than "Get kicked in the groin while wearing that one cool suit", though I haven't a clue what that might be.

Your move, elf.

Reinholdt
2010-09-23, 11:28 AM
You'd think an eldritch master of time and space could easily just make a little time-space bubble for itself to block out the annoyances while it watches tv.

Ilpholin uses her foot to kick the handle of her whip into her hand and she rolls it around with a loud crack. She then darts forward towards the suited cyborg at incredible speeds in a feint to get Magtok to react first.

Lord Magtok
2010-09-23, 04:26 PM
Magtok doesn't twitch. Heck, he doesn't even breathe, and his eyes only blink once or twice, without shifting about at all. One might find that suspicious, but really, would anyone look that closely at Maggy anyways?

D_Lord
2010-09-23, 04:33 PM
Well, one of the main reasons it does most of what it does, it that it's crazy even for an eldritch horror. The thought doesn't come into it's broken strange mind. But what does come into it's mind is right now keeping it's word.

Ilpholin maybe interrupted in her attack on "Magtok" by a huge fist coming down towards her head at lighting fast speeds.

Murkus
2010-09-23, 04:37 PM
Jack draws the Sword of the White King, staring at D_lord, grin disappearing. "Hey! No attacking the members."

D_Lord
2010-09-23, 04:55 PM
When was that a rule? Remenber Gordon's fight to regain leadership of Amen.

Earl of Purple
2010-09-23, 04:56 PM
"Magtok's got a trick up his sleeve. He always has a trick up his sleeve. Even if he's not wearing sleeves." Nephrim has taken off her red rucksack, and one of her hands is resting on the zip.

Dam'Bul, however, still in the trousers, trainers and tricorn hat which exposes his muscular body, is eating fudge from somewhere. It's probably Sweetums made. At his waist is a sabre, and Dam'Bul lightly rests one of his hands upon it.

Murkus
2010-09-23, 04:59 PM
When was that a rule? Remenber Gordon's fight to regain leadership of Amen.

"I never said it was a rule." Jack says, hefting his blade. "I just don't have to like eldritch evils pushing my allies around, now do I?"

D_Lord
2010-09-23, 05:03 PM
Would Legion count then? Then agin Legion hasn't done much yet?

Let the games of an far older Horror with an just starting out horror begin.

Murkus
2010-09-23, 05:05 PM
"What does Legion have to do with anything?" Jack says, quirking an eyebrow.

Reinholdt
2010-09-23, 05:07 PM
The entire thing a feint in preparation of an attack, Ilpholin easily and swiftly rolls out of the way of the oncoming fist before it splatters her.

"Doesn't count if you don't stop me yourself Maggles." :smallamused:

Still... Magtok should have at least flinched during all that. Ilpholin has a hard time believing that robot half of the cyborg was that much in control and she certainly wouldn't admit that he's that confident even if it were true. It was a trap somehow. But how to trigger it and not get blasted?

With a flick of her wrist, the whip in her hand flows with electricity equivalent to that of a taser and she sends it towards Magtok's midsection and the goal. Nothing said she couldn't fight dirty and beat him up a bit before kicking him. The tip is blunt this time and sharp stabby bits is not at the end.

D_Lord
2010-09-23, 05:08 PM
Oh Legion is in Amen right now.

Dark Lord's giant fist is upraised again, but hurling towards people's heads anymore. Looks like it's short attention spain kicked in again.

Murkus
2010-09-23, 05:11 PM
"What?"

Jack blinks, glancing back in the direction of AMEN. "How did I not notice?"

He rolls his eyes. "Gods, I suppose I'll have to sort something out when we get back."

Lord Magtok
2010-09-23, 05:29 PM
I'm well aware of the rules, Ilph.

The thing passes right through Magtok, and there's a momentary flicker when it first comes into contact with the hologram. Meanwhile, the real cyborg appears behind her, and attempts to jab at one of the veins on the drow's exposed back with a syringe built into his finger, hoping to inject her full of a mild sedative. While not enough to immediately incapacitate someone of her size, it should leave her fairly groggy and disoriented, giving himself ample opportunity to shove her forward with his chrome palm, hopefully sending her tripping over her own feet and to the submarine floor.

Should this work, Maggy will turn towards Jack, as if the fight were already over.

Oh, Miss Legion? She seems pretty alright. Most people with that sort of name are all "BLARGH, I have Multiple Personality Disorder Demons", but as far as I can tell she's one of the most sane folks around. Go easy on her, please.

D_Lord
2010-09-23, 05:32 PM
I was hoping you wouldn't tell him that little detail.

Murkus
2010-09-23, 05:35 PM
Jack shoots D_lord a smirk, glancing at Magtok. "Oh, she's a devious one. That woman stole an asset right out from under me. Half the Seeking world wants her dead." Jack looks a bit irritated about it. "But I suppose I could try to be nice."

VampireRot
2010-09-23, 05:37 PM
"Yeah, Jacky. 'Nice'."

LimeGreen grins and nudges Jack (or tries to) twice while winking twice as well. He stresses the word 'nice' to sound extremely sexual.

ThePhantom
2010-09-23, 05:37 PM
Pete looks out the window.

"Um, me eyes are spying an eye."

That's right, the sea floor has opened an eye.

VampireRot
2010-09-23, 05:43 PM

"Jack. Would you mind if I said 'I told you so'?"

Pink sensibly rushes over to any weapons the sub might have. If there are no exterior weapons on the sub, she curses.

Murkus
2010-09-23, 05:45 PM
"Green, at this point, I'll be forced to kill you if you say anything else." He says, chuckling at the silly henchman. Limey may or may not interpret this as a joke.

Jack gives Pete a weird look. "You gone loopy on us, skipper?"

Earl of Purple
2010-09-23, 05:48 PM
"I believe that the mentally repressed commander of this vessel is reffering to the fact he's just found the kraken. It's lying on the ruins, which is why we were unable to detect them." Nephrim, naturally, has a window seat. Dam'Bul doesn't, however.

Murkus
2010-09-23, 05:50 PM
"Thank you, Nephie." He says, nodding to Nephrim. "Should I be stabbing it?"

VampireRot
LimeGreen chokes back a "my name is LimeGreen, not just Green!". Because when a member of AMEN threatens to kill you if you talk, he's usually serious about it. So the henchman stays quiet.

ThePhantom
There are the torpedos.

In the window, and on the sonar, parts of the sea floor rise up, revealing to be very large tentacles, covered in rock.

"Mateys, its the Kraken!"

VampireRot
2010-09-23, 05:52 PM
Pink will attempt to fire the torpedoes! At the Kraken. She's good with machinery and isn't going to randomly press the "fire" button. She does whatever necessary to lock onto the Kraken, and won't fire unless she has a clear and sure shot.

ThePhantom
2010-09-23, 05:58 PM
Its big enough that hitting it won't be a problem. The problem might be hurting it, it is covered in rock.

Pete goes and tries to get the sub away from the kraken.

Who dares disture my slumber.

Shot, its intelligent.

Murkus
2010-09-23, 06:00 PM
Jack rushes over to the radio, setting it to some sort of microphone thingie. From the ship comes the message, "Hiiii! We're AMEN."

Earl of Purple
2010-09-23, 06:01 PM
"Do we have any airlocks?" I don't really like the look in Nephrim's eyes, and if they are smart, neither will anybody else vulnerable to mind manipulation.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-23, 06:28 PM
The Moff pokes Jack. Ooh, ask it if it wants to join.

Murkus
2010-09-23, 06:29 PM
Jack nods at Moff, grinning. He clicks on the microphone again. "You can join, too. Not sure you'd fit in the base, though."

VampireRot
2010-09-23, 06:31 PM
"Ask if it would please show off some major important external organ. So I can get to <bleep> hitting its weak point for massive <bleep> damage!"

Pink angrily fires another torpedo. Probably to know avail. The henchwoman seems stressed about the gargantuan monster that might want to eat their submarine. Just a little.

Earl of Purple
2010-09-23, 06:32 PM
"I'm not sure we have an aquarium big enough, to be honest." That is in regards to inviting the giant monster to join. But now, Deadtime alas.

ThePhantom
2010-09-23, 06:34 PM
"Yes, we do."

The torpedo hits the rocks on the kraken, blowing some loose. But in return the Kraken grabs the sub.

Then AMEN, you will die.

And now it is trying to break the sub in two. Water starts flowing in.

"We are going to die!"

Moff Chumley
2010-09-23, 06:36 PM
Settle down, we're player characters. We NEVER die. The Moff's drug of choice: the 4th Wall. :smalltongue:

VampireRot
2010-09-23, 06:38 PM
"DO SOMETHING YOU USELESS PCs!!!!"

Pink fires another useless torpedo.

The other henchmen hide in the corner in the fetal position. Feel free to kill a couple of em. :smallbiggrin:

Murkus
2010-09-23, 06:40 PM
Jack shrugs at Pink and points at the wall. A portal to AMEN appears. "Feel free to run away, henchies. I'm honestly not sure how we're gonna kill this thing either."

Moff Chumley
2010-09-23, 06:42 PM
The Moff rolls his eyes. I have a plan. He plays a quick little tune on Synchronicity, and pulls out his newly acquired object, a bone-handled chisel. Oy, Cyan. Come over here for a moment. Oh crap...

D_Lord
2010-09-23, 06:44 PM
Easy. SUMMON BIGGER FISH!

Something rips into reality from the Far Realms. It's huge, huge and valgy fishly. It looks like it eat mountains for lunch. It's over three times the size of the kraken.

Hahhahahahhaa!!!!! EAT IT!!!!!!

ThePhantom
2010-09-23, 06:46 PM
The Kraken let's go of the sub.

What in the sea!?!

The kraken lets goes and starts to swim away from the far realm fish.

"See, just needed a turn to go and fix the sub."

The water is still coming in, but Atlantis, is visible on the radar now.

VampireRot
2010-09-23, 06:47 PM
"SUMMON BIGGER FISH?! WHAT KIND OF <bleep> STUPID IDEA IS THAT?! THE BIGGER FISH WILL EAT US TOO!!!"

Stupid eldritch abominations, not thinking things out enough.

The other henchies rush into the portal. Except Cyan. Poor poor Cyan.

Murkus
2010-09-23, 06:50 PM
Jack falls over laughing at pretty much everything. It's all just such a chaotic disaster.

D_Lord
2010-09-23, 06:54 PM
But I'll miss the best part of the trick.

Mouths start coming out of Dark Lord's hooded face, jumping, flying, crawling towards the fishly other and eating it. It screams in pain sounding like a cat in a paper bag, as it disappears into Dark Lord's horde of mouths.

ThePhantom
2010-09-23, 07:05 PM
Pete goes white as D_Lord eats.

"I think I prefered the kraken, mateys."
"Me too."

Reinholdt
2010-09-23, 07:52 PM
I'm well aware of the rules, Ilph.

The thing passes right through Magtok, and there's a momentary flicker when it first comes into contact with the hologram. Meanwhile, the real cyborg appears behind her, and attempts to jab at one of the veins on the drow's exposed back with a syringe built into his finger, hoping to inject her full of a mild sedative. While not enough to immediately incapacitate someone of her size, it should leave her fairly groggy and disoriented, giving himself ample opportunity to shove her forward with his chrome palm, hopefully sending her tripping over her own feet and to the submarine floor.

Should this work, Maggy will turn towards Jack, as if the fight were already over.

Oh, Miss Legion? She seems pretty alright. Most people with that sort of name are all "BLARGH, I have Multiple Personality Disorder Demons", but as far as I can tell she's one of the most sane folks around. Go easy on her, please.

Oh the life of the Underdark. Harsh. Brutal. But one of the things the survivors learn very quickly is how to deal with invisible people trying to stab you in the back with a *insert weapon of choice coated in poison of choice here*. Granted, not all of them have distracting holograms, but it's not as uncommon as you might think.

As soon as Ilpholin sees the hologram flicker, she ducks and sweeps with one leg, not actually aware of what angle Magtok's coming from due to all the noise, but making a full sweep around her anyways to try and catch him off guard and knock him down. His stab will go over her, but it's not unreasonable to say that he could redirect it downwards at the last minute and still stab her in the shoulder if he sticks around long enough, though that probably makes him more vulnerable to her leg sweep. Shame he didn't go with the shooting a syringe as she wouldn't have thought to roll out of the way, more used to melee assassinations.

Then a whole bunch of sea kraken stuff happens.
"Ugh. I hate that fish smell. Oi! One of the Cyans! Plug that water up through any means necessary. Sea Water makes me all wrinkly."

VampireRot
2010-09-23, 07:55 PM
Henchie clones don't work that way, so the Cyan clone is deactivated without a mind right now. And the current Cyan is being chiseled by the Moff. :smalleek: Ilpholin can probably ask the Moff for what's left over to use as a cork.

Lord Magtok
2010-09-23, 08:06 PM
Yes, a syringe gun would've been for the best, but most of those were designed to hit with enough force to cut a swathe through any light clothing that might be in the way. Putting a big ol' hole in Ilpholin would be rather rude, to say the least.

Gah!

He's tripped, after going the extra mile and following through with his vertical syringe swing. Stupid cyborg, just because your hologram had legs and a suit doesn't mean you should do the same.

I would've suggested we put this on hold to help the others, but I don't think either of us is qualified to deal with that mess. And Jack? They're henchpeople. If anyone should be going down with the ship or dying horribly to make things more dramatic, it should be them.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-23, 08:06 PM
...I had to stop in mid post. I had some terrific idea re: how to deal with the Kraken, but never mind. However, he has now chiseled Cyan into a conveniently shaped plug for the sub. The henchie should be quite dead, so his next clone is left to plug the hole, with his own body... :smallyuk:

ThePhantom
2010-09-23, 08:20 PM
Pete puts a rubber raft in one of the holes.

"Well, at least we're not going to be struck on a sitcom island when the ship has a hole in it, and the genius doesn't know how to fix it."

"Anyone for heading to the city?"

Moff Chumley
2010-09-23, 08:21 PM
Onward! The Moff, still in a speedo, gestures dramatically. :smallcool:

ThePhantom
2010-09-23, 08:31 PM
"Right skipper. Now just use that head of yers to keep the sub from sinking forever."

The sub heads for Atlantis, water coming in from a few holes now.

Lord Magtok
2010-09-23, 08:35 PM
Magtok glares at Pete.

Hey, I could fix it if I had the time and tools and stuff, but I don't, and plugging holes is for menial labor monkeys, not geniuses.

happyturtle
2010-09-23, 10:00 PM
Moff pinches Moff's butt.

"Onward!"

((Civ 5 just unlocked for me (previously was just playing the demo) so I'm likely to be slow to unresponsive. Poke hard or godmod if needed. :smallsmile:))

Moff Chumley
2010-09-23, 10:13 PM
The Moff pulls out the chissel. Alright, Cyan, I'm in need of your... uh, well, if you hold still this'll only take a minute. crap... The Moff uses the henchman's flesh to stop up further leaks. :smallcool:

ThePhantom
2010-09-23, 10:16 PM
And so, after some infighting, and nearly dying once, the sub of AMEN floats in the sunken city of Atlantis. Pete goes and breaks out the suba gear.

"Ready, Skipper?"

Moff Chumley
2010-09-23, 10:19 PM
Like there's any chance The Moff is gonna lead an exploration on some abandoned underwater base... Hm... Pete, would you care to lead the henchies in first, have a poke around?

ThePhantom
2010-09-23, 10:21 PM
"Well, which ones are still here? Most of the scury dogs left with the tide."

Pete continues with his suiting up.

Reinholdt
2010-09-23, 10:46 PM
"Well, which ones are still here? Most of the scury dogs left with the tide."

Pete continues with his suiting up.

"Just Cyan I think."

Yes, a syringe gun would've been for the best, but most of those were designed to hit with enough force to cut a swathe through any light clothing that might be in the way. Putting a big ol' hole in Ilpholin would be rather rude, to say the least.

Gah!

He's tripped, after going the extra mile and following through with his vertical syringe swing. Stupid cyborg, just because your hologram had legs and a suit doesn't mean you should do the same.

I would've suggested we put this on hold to help the others, but I don't think either of us is qualified to deal with that mess. And Jack? They're henchpeople. If anyone should be going down with the ship or dying horribly to make things more dramatic, it should be them.

"I know. Do we look like fish to them?" Seriously.

Ilpholin isn't starting to slow immediately what with poor syringe placement. It'll probably start next post. But she does take advantage of Magtok being on the ground to try to send a fast, light kick his way towards the goal and finish things quickly.

Even as she does so, she lashes her own back with her whip. Now she's no masochist like Reinholdt. As people may have noticed by now, her whip carries a number of substances that can be delivered through getting smacked through the end. Much better than a mere potion bandoleer, though there is the risk of accidentally poisoning yourself if you mispick by accident. In this case, she delivered a powerful general anti-toxin to herself. Not that it's going to help much against a sedative, but to be fair she has no idea what was in the syringe and honestly, why take the chance?

Murkus
2010-09-24, 10:12 AM
Jack declines the scuba suit, still walking around in those soaked trousers of his. Hopefully they won't have to fight something else.

He glances at Maggie and Ilpholin. "Yeah, yeah. They wouldn't have been exactly useful anyway. But you have a point about dying horribly. Just lemme drag their asses back here..."

He 'ports away, returning a few minutes later. The henchmen get tossed out of a portal. "There we go, everybody's home."

Any remaining portals snap shut, leaving the poor henchies trapped once more.

VampireRot
2010-09-24, 02:15 PM
Pink goes into another room of the sub to change out of her pink jumpsuit. She zaps any cameras or eyes she sees while doing so. When she comes back, she's suited up in a pink scuba suit.

"Lets go slaughter some merfolk or something."

The other henchmen look miserable as they get into the scuba suits.

"Great... Just as I get a chance to kick back and relax, you guys need me as cannon fodder again. Damn PCs."

Cyan is dead. He respawns is cloned back in AMEN proper! :smallbiggrin:

Earl of Purple
2010-09-24, 03:10 PM
Nephrim pulls one of the smaller gemstones from her robes and pushes it into the nearest hole, hopefully plugging it. Dam'Bul, meanwhile, blocks other holes with severed fingers he 'happened' to have in his pockets.

ThePhantom
2010-09-24, 04:15 PM
And Pete is ready to go. He gets in the air lock and waits for the others who are coming with him. No point in doing this more than once.

Murkus
2010-09-24, 04:17 PM
Jack hops in, ready to go. The grey man gestures to his compatriots. "Don't got all day, fellas."

Earl of Purple
2010-09-24, 04:19 PM
Nephrim chooses to join him. More because of looting rights than because she's volunteering to be cannon-fodder. Dam'Bul accompanies Nephrim like a shadow, still eating Sweetums' fudge.

VampireRot
2010-09-24, 04:19 PM
The henchmen file into the airlock. LemonChiffon is whimpering a bit.

Murkus
2010-09-24, 04:23 PM
Jack gives Dam'bul a questioning look. "What is it with you and that fudge? I wouldn't be surprised if your host died from stomach rupture."

ThePhantom
2010-09-24, 04:25 PM
"We'll leave the professor and Ginger to duke this out."

Pete closes the hatch, and the water fills up the airlock.

Earl of Purple
2010-09-24, 04:27 PM
"Before I came here, I'd not had fudge at all. And it tastes nicer when I'm using somebody else's mouth." Then he keels over as the host dies of stomach rupture

Murkus
2010-09-24, 04:32 PM
Jack shrugs, still giving him an odd look every so often.

And then he deadtimes.

happyturtle
2010-09-24, 04:39 PM
Moff is along as well. Possibly still ogling himself.

Earl of Purple
2010-09-24, 04:44 PM
Nephrim turns to the Moff. Not the one in swimmingtrunks. "You are vain and narcissistic, and also rather egocentric, pyromanic, and appear to suffer from delusions of grandeur. You would make a good demon, and so I don't trust you." Is that a compliment?

Moff Chumley
2010-09-24, 06:19 PM
The Moff is there! Who you callin' delusional? :smallannoyed:

ThePhantom
2010-09-24, 06:26 PM
After the other hatch opens, Pete swims out. He heads for a freestanding column, and looks at it.

"N'ce des'gn."

He sounds odd cause he's underwater, and using an air tank.

happyturtle
2010-09-24, 07:30 PM
"You forgot narcissistic," Moff says. "Oh, wait. You didn't. Carry on then."

He amuses himself with setting something on fire underwater. Because underwater fire is cool. :smallcool:

ThePhantom
2010-09-24, 07:33 PM
H'y! D'n't do th't! Th's st'ff va'l'ble.

Pete turns around when the Moff set something on fire.

VampireRot
2010-09-24, 07:44 PM
Set something on fire? Something?

LemonChiffon screams in underwater agony as he is burned by underwater fire. Steam bubbles shoot off as the fire heats the water, and it is obvious the henchie is being burned alive. Underwater.

Unless the Moff was nice enough to just set some priceless artifact or architecture on fire instead. :smallsmile:

Moff Chumley
2010-09-24, 07:50 PM
HAH. Not likely. :smallcool:

Murkus
2010-09-24, 09:43 PM
Jack is running his hands over the architecture, swimming amidst cyclopean pillars and the forgotten tombs of drowned ancients. "This place reminds me of the old days..." Comes his muffled voice.

ThePhantom
2010-09-24, 09:46 PM
"I f'und a b'bble!"

Pete, heads inside a greek temple like structure.

Earl of Purple
2010-09-25, 06:45 PM
Nephrim and Dam'Bul follow Pete, each with their eyes open for loot/plunder. Nephrim's more focussed on finding something magic, but Dam'Bul would rather have something valuable and shiny. Unfortunately, neither has any way of detecting magic, so Nephrim's reduced to finding something that looks valuable or shiny too. Nephrim does, however, turn into the form of a female drow, the equivalent of ten years old, to gain better eyes for the gloom. Dam'Bul can see in the dark too, but not as good through his host's eyes as a drow can.

Murkus
2010-09-25, 06:48 PM
Jack moves along through the water, pushing and swimming from pillar to pillar.

The hollow man glances at the Greek-esque structure, examining it's exterior before pulling himself inside.

Also, he has a flashlight. Y'know, bottom of the ocean and all.

ThePhantom
2010-09-25, 06:52 PM
The structure is made of a dark stone, with metal engravings.

Inside, is a number of pillars, but in the center is a glowing bubble covering a hole in the floor.

"S'e, a b'bble."

Murkus
2010-09-25, 06:58 PM
Jack steps forward and tries to poke the bubble.

ThePhantom
2010-09-25, 06:59 PM
The bubble is poked. To Jack, it should feel like he poked an object of solid steel.

Lord Magtok
2010-09-25, 07:12 PM
Ilpholin isn't starting to slow immediately what with poor syringe placement. It'll probably start next post. But she does take advantage of Magtok being on the ground to try to send a fast, light kick his way towards the goal and finish things quickly.

A shin is stupidly raised up, and inside of losing the contest, Magtok simply is put in an obscene amount of pain. Would it kill you to invest in some personal shield generators, Maggy?

Aaagh!

Meanwhile, the hologram from before glances at the leaks, and cringes.

Oh by the way, this thing is flooding. Can we catch up with the group and finish this later, before the three of us drown and/or suffer a short-circuit?

Murkus
2010-09-25, 07:16 PM
Jack draws his blade, raising it ceromoniously. He tries to sweep it down in an arc and sever the shield.

Naturally, he's a bit slow from being underwater and all.

Earl of Purple
2010-09-25, 07:20 PM
Nephrim continues to search the ruins for any possible magic, as Dam'Bul searches for anything shiny. Both are able to see through the gloom, but Dam'Bul may miss things unless they're really obvious because his darksight is not as good as Drow-Nephrim's.

ThePhantom
2010-09-25, 07:27 PM
(How does Jack's sword work again?)

Murkus
2010-09-25, 07:31 PM
(Cuts things at an atomic level. Anti-magic. Deflected by other artifact weapons, Objects, sometimes special magic.)

ThePhantom
2010-09-25, 07:34 PM
(What kind of special magic?)

Murkus
2010-09-25, 07:35 PM
(Really old? Designed to keep out artifact weapons, I suppose?

Of course, it can also cut gods, but only because of certain metaphysical properties. Magic could still stop it, if powerful enough.)

ThePhantom
2010-09-25, 07:40 PM
(Well, this is really old. So, this should be okay.)

Jack's sword bounces off.

Murkus
2010-09-25, 07:42 PM
(Cool wit' me, man.)

Jack staggers a bit as his blow is deflected. "Oh. So it's gonna be like that." He examines the room they're in more closely. Looking for secret panels, dark corners, weird things, etc.

ThePhantom
2010-09-25, 07:46 PM
The temple, other than the bubble in the center, is empty except for seawater and darkness. The columns are there, but other than metal engravings, nothing special on them.

Pete swims over to the bubble, and poke its it, his hand going through.

(How this works, evil supernatural enties can't get through the bubble. People who aren't can get through.)

happyturtle
2010-09-25, 07:47 PM
I have no idea if a Moff clone that's been twisted by the Yellow Road counts or not. I'll let you decide.

Moff pokes teh bubble.

Murkus
2010-09-25, 07:50 PM
Jack isn't looking as the others poke the bubble. He moves over to the engravings, kicking his legs to swim, and floats up alongside.

He plays his light along the metallic markings, trying to discern their meaning. He knows a variety of ancient and modern languages, many from our Earth. Some not so.

Perhaps it is a variation of Greek?

You know, I just thought about how ominously quiet it must be down there.

Earl of Purple
2010-09-25, 07:52 PM
Nephrim might be able to get through. She is an evil supernatural entity, yes. But for 1,000 years she was a good supernatural entity. Although, there's been about 4,000 years between then and now, all evil.

Dam'Bul is certainly an evil supernatural entity. But his host is a confused, neutral natural entity, which may cancel it out.

Whether or not either can pass through, I have no idea and I must Deadtime.

ThePhantom
2010-09-25, 08:04 PM
I have no idea if a Moff clone that's been twisted by the Yellow Road counts or not. I'll let you decide.

Moff pokes teh bubble.

Jack isn't looking as the others poke the bubble. He moves over to the engravings, kicking his legs to swim, and floats up alongside.

He plays his light along the metallic markings, trying to discern their meaning. He knows a variety of ancient and modern languages, many from our Earth. Some not so.

Perhaps it is a variation of Greek?

You know, I just thought about how ominously quiet it must be down there.

(If he has an object on him he can't.)

A language similar to greek, but has a number of differences. How couse, most of the markings are just decorations.

The transation reads: dArk~~ ward p~~t~~

happyturtle
2010-09-25, 08:06 PM
No bubble for Moff then. He kicks it irritably.

ThePhantom
2010-09-25, 08:08 PM
He kicks its? Won't that hurt?

Pete goes in and out of the bubble.

"Wh't's wr'ng?"

Moff Chumley
2010-09-25, 08:17 PM
:vaarsuvius: It's almost as if the universe is trying to punish us for being better than normal people...

happyturtle
2010-09-25, 08:17 PM
He's in a diving suit. I don't imagine it would hurt too much. :smalltongue:

"Seems to be a henchy only bubble," Moff says, drawing the wrong conclusion from events.

Reinholdt
2010-09-26, 12:35 AM
A shin is stupidly raised up, and inside of losing the contest, Magtok simply is put in an obscene amount of pain. Would it kill you to invest in some personal shield generators, Maggy?

Aaagh!

Meanwhile, the hologram from before glances at the leaks, and cringes.

Oh by the way, this thing is flooding. Can we catch up with the group and finish this later, before the three of us drown and/or suffer a short-circuit?

"I thought Cyan plugged this place up? Or we plugged it up with Cyan? Fine. It's not like anyone's here to see who will win and whoever loses isn't really going to change their mind and will likely just end up swearing revenge or something." Ilpholin leans over to brace herself against the wall. "Go on ahead. I'll catch up." Guess the sedative is catching up.

Murkus
2010-09-26, 12:01 PM
Jack glances between the engraving and the bubble, one hand still gripping his sword. He turns, raising it high, before forcing it towards the floor.

It might not cut old magics, but it can cut almost anything else. He tries to carve a square hole in the ancient masonry.

VampireRot
2010-09-26, 12:04 PM
Pink follows Jack and Pete into the Greek-like temple. The pink-clad henchmen stares at the bubble before experimentally sticking a hand in. Seeing as how she's not supernatural in any way, I'm assuming it lets her in.

"Hmm... Why would Pete and I be able to get in, but not you? Is it PCs or NPCs? What do you two have in common that we don't have?"

The other henchies join the demons in looking for treasure.

happyturtle
2010-09-26, 12:08 PM
"It's obviously a henchie bubble," Moff says. "Which means this is not going to be a very useful base for AMEN."

Murkus
2010-09-26, 12:34 PM
"Well, I'm... something or other." Jack says through his waterproof radio, still jamming his sword through the floor. He glances at Moff. "And Moff is just a human. Maybe it doesn't like evil? Is Pete evil, or chaotic neutral?"

Moff Chumley
2010-09-26, 12:34 PM
The Moff folds his arms. You know, in the event of a henchie rebellion, this place would be way too useful for them. We should get rid of it.

VampireRot
2010-09-26, 12:40 PM
"Maybe. Though I do think us henchmen count as evil just for working for you monsters."

Pink taps some stuff on her robot arm. Yes, it does work underwater. Why wouldn't it?

Lord Magtok
2010-09-26, 12:45 PM
Magtok telewarps off the sub, joining the others with a fishbowl helmet on his head, and some sort of bizarre bicycle thingy beneath him. He briefly considered sticking around to ensure that Ilpholin doesn't screw up and get stranded on the vessel, but as second-in-command of AMEN, he can't afford to care what happens to people he doesn't particularly like, lest it make him look weak.

Oh hey guys, neat bubble. Why aren't we moving along? Is it anti-magic or something?

Moff Chumley
2010-09-26, 12:48 PM
Well, it hasn't let a single member through. Only henchies. But why don't you try it, see what happens?

happyturtle
2010-09-26, 12:48 PM
"No, it's anti-PC," Moff says. "Henchman only. I'm right, we need to destroy it."

Murkus
2010-09-26, 12:54 PM
Out of curiousity, Jack waves Magtok forward. "Let the man try. See what happens."

Lord Magtok
2010-09-26, 01:01 PM
Magtok shrugs, unscrews his left arm, and throws it at the bubble. When it goes through, he pedals on his bike after it, passes through, and then puts his hand back on.

Hmm. Well, it's definitely not a text color filter either, or all you Darkslategray-thieving wannabes would be here with me.

Moff Chumley
2010-09-26, 01:28 PM
Hey, I only picked this color because it was at the top right corner, which is easy to remember! :smallmad:

happyturtle
2010-09-26, 01:31 PM
"Wait, Magtok's a henchie? We can kill him now?" :smallbiggrin:

Moff Chumley
2010-09-26, 01:37 PM
Well, I know he has a bunch of clones... Magtok IS a henchie! He's like, the henchie king. But a henchie nonetheless. GASP!

VampireRot
2010-09-26, 01:39 PM
"We take orders from Magtok, and they overrule Rogar's. He's not a henchman."

Pink glares at the Moffs. Stoopid men.

Lord Magtok
2010-09-26, 01:44 PM
Magtok sticks his tongue out at Moff, pulls out a waterproof pen, and tries to draw an insulting doodle of the AMENite in a frilly dress, being held in a tower by a draconic Gordon as some inept Moff knight quests to rescue himself.

Oh yeah, sure. Definitely a henchie. In fact, you can come right across to the other side and shank me right now if you want.

OH WAIT, YOU CAN'T. Good luck standing around uselessly and drowning on the wrong side of the objective while I get to look at cool Atlantean stuff, by the way.

Okay, so maybe it's a bit more than a doodle. He even goes out of his way to draw it backwards, so the Moffs don't have to strain their wimpy minds to figure it out.

happyturtle
2010-09-26, 01:46 PM
"Hey, that's pretty good. Which one is me?"

Lord Magtok
2010-09-26, 01:49 PM
Magtok shrugs.

I dunno. Which Moff are you?

Moff Chumley
2010-09-26, 01:51 PM
Gordon isn't on, so we have no idea if Jack's plan's gonna work. So for now? You're safe, Maggie. :smallannoyed:

happyturtle
2010-09-26, 01:53 PM
"The hot one. Duh"

VampireRot
2010-09-26, 01:53 PM
"That's the delusional one."

Pink directs this to Magtok, but in a loud enough voice to make sure both Moffs hear.

Reinholdt
2010-09-26, 01:58 PM
Ilpholin seems to have caught up, wearing yet another skintight catsuit. Cept it's more of a scuba suit. I don't think any of her wardrobe ISN'T skin-tight.

Ok, that's not true. She loves dresses. But no one sees that.

"And... why are we separated into two groups?"

happyturtle
2010-09-26, 02:04 PM
"Bubble that only lets in henchmen and Magtok," Moff says. Supernatural evil creature barrier probably blocks an evil nymph.

ThePhantom
2010-09-26, 04:43 PM
I won't be sure of that. But then again, seeing as who was her mother, she might not be able to get through. (GM knowledge)

Jack's sword cuts through the stone floor, but how are you going to get through. You can cut it, but how are you going to get out of the way.

Pete smiles, swimming in and out of the bubble.

"M'ybe if y'u l'ft y'ur b'g m'g'c th'ngs, y' c'uld g't thr'ugh?"

Murkus
2010-09-26, 04:52 PM
Well, I would think cutting through the floor would cause the slab to fall into a larger room. Unless it's dozens of fee thick or something.

Jack remains silent as he works. Partly because he has no idea what Pete just said.

Reinholdt
2010-09-26, 04:53 PM
Ilpholin's only half and half really. She definitely got the looks, but her access to true nymph power is limited. But all in all, she's mostly just a person. A person with a lot of life and death training and an obsession with ballet.

I'll go with can get through, but with some resistance and therefore effort on her part. Unless Phantom says otherwise.

"Like molasses that thing." :smallannoyed:

"Oh hey! A hole!" She'll swim over to peer down into it!

Earl of Purple
2010-09-26, 04:54 PM
Dam'Bul retreats into the mind of his host, his hair fading to its original blonde and his eyes turning blue. Everything else remains the same about him, however. Nephrim then tries to push the host through the bubble before the host recovers from so long under the mental dominion of a demon. Hopefully, this will work.

ThePhantom
2010-09-26, 04:56 PM
Fine for me. As for Jack, under most of the floor is solid rock.

Ilpholin should see a few holes in the wall of the pit under the bubble. Very regularly places holes.

Pete goes to shine his flashlight where Ilpholin is looking at.

Unfortunalty for Dam'Bul, the trick doesn't work. The ancients of Atlantis foresaw demons trying a trick like that.

Murkus
2010-09-26, 04:59 PM
Jack starts to get annoyed. "Aw, c'mon. What good is this freaking sword if I..." Then he has an idea.

The hollow man swims outside the temple, amongst the pillars and ruins, looking for more writing that he can read. Trying to interpret it.

Earl of Purple
2010-09-26, 05:02 PM
Dam'Bul is back in control as soon as the host failed to penetrate the bubble. Nephrim then tries to swim through the field; as a Fallen Angel, she is not inherently evil. Of course, that might not help.

ThePhantom
2010-09-26, 05:06 PM
Jack finds mostly messages like this Tem~~ ~~ Wa~. There are arrows pointing towards the temple building.

He might also hear the sound of something moving.

As for Nephrim, being fallen is enough to keep her out.

Murkus
2010-09-26, 05:11 PM
Arching a brow, he chases the sound, swimming along merrily.

ThePhantom
2010-09-26, 05:18 PM
The sounds comes from a nearby ruined building.

Earl of Purple
2010-09-26, 05:26 PM
Nephrim swims to a nearby placque. She can read Abyssal, Celestial, Common, Infernal and Elvish.

Murkus
2010-09-26, 05:33 PM
Jack pulls himself inside, sharp little eyes scanning the room.

Reinholdt
2010-09-26, 05:35 PM
Fine for me. As for Jack, under most of the floor is solid rock.

Ilpholin should see a few holes in the wall of the pit under the bubble. Very regularly places holes.

Pete goes to shine his flashlight where Ilpholin is looking at.

Unfortunalty for Dam'Bul, the trick doesn't work. The ancients of Atlantis foresaw demons trying a trick like that.

"Whaddya think Pete? Windows? No... traps? Hey Cyan! Go down there and trigger any traps for us, k?" She'll grab Cyan and try to push him down the hole. Course, underwater, everything moves funny so it's probably awkward and might not even work! Then again, he is just Cyan.

VampireRot
2010-09-26, 05:40 PM
Well, this would work. If Cyan's clones hadn't all been used plugging holes in the submarine. So Ilpholin finds herself grabbing LemonChiffon instead! The henchman is pushed into the hole, and looks around fearfully.

"Help."

ThePhantom
2010-09-26, 06:05 PM
For Nephrim, the placque reads the same as it did for Jack. dArk~~ ward p~~t~~

As Jack enters the ruins, a tentacle from above the doorway tries to go around his neck.

In the hole, there are no traps.

"C'n w' g' d'wn?"

VampireRot
2010-09-26, 06:07 PM
"Nuthin jumped out at me yet so I suppose you guys can come down."

LemonChiffon looks around to explore the hole more.

Reinholdt
2010-09-26, 06:12 PM
Ilpholin shrugs and swims down and goes to investigate the other holes.