PDA

View Full Version : Halfling Divine Caster help

truekender
2010-09-21, 01:43 AM
Stats rolled (4d6 drop lowest) are:
18, 16, 14, 13, 12, 10

I can't decide between cloistered cleric and druid.
Domains: Knowledge (cloistered bonus), Trickery and I can't choose between Luck and Travel.

The Half-orc barbarian of the group has a strength of 18 and has agreed to carry me in his backpack and I can heal him during fights while also casting spells when he doesn't require heals. I'm going for a stealth cleric build (hence the trickery domain). Any neat builds? For druids I'm a huge fan of summoning builds. I'd really be tempted to take the ACF for the elemental companion.

gorfnab
2010-09-21, 08:20 AM
I would definitely go with Cloistered Cleric since you've already stated that the half-orc is your mount so no real need for an animal companion. Tough call on the Luck or Travel, both are good and potentially useful.

For a build I would suggest:
Cloistered Cleric 3/ Rogue 3/ Divine Trickster (http://www.giantitp.com/articles/5M5QGsJ5mpbLfAHduZG.html) 10/ X 4 (full casting prestige class like Divine Oracle or more Cloistered Cleric especially if you can get the Sacred Outlaw feat from Dragon #357)

Greenish
2010-09-21, 08:58 AM
I would definitely go with Cloistered Cleric since you've already stated that the half-orc is your mount so no real need for an animal companion. Tough call on the Luck or Travel, both are good and potentially useful.

For a build I would suggest:
Cloistered Cleric 3/ Rogue 3/ Divine Trickster (http://www.giantitp.com/articles/5M5QGsJ5mpbLfAHduZG.html) 10/ X 4 (full casting prestige class like Divine Oracle or more Cloistered Cleric especially if you can get the Sacred Outlaw feat from Dragon #357)Ouch, three levels of rogue really hurt the casting progression, and by the sound of it, he won't be Sneak Attacking much at all.

Some good cleric PrCs:If you're LN or LG, Church Inquisitor (CDiv.) has easy entrance and good detection-based features, in addition to giving the Inquisition Domain. Also, 4+int skills with a good list and better HD/BAB than cC. Though Lawful deity with a trickery domain…

Divine Oracle (CDiv.) gets you Evasion and Uncanny Dodge that work in any armour, and the Divination Domain. One feat entrance fee.

Contemplative (CDiv.) is a late-entry class, but gives you extra domains and a few immunities.

Anyhow, on to your actual question: cleric or druid? I'd probably go with the cleric, since I'm not a fan of paperwork, and summoning can easily clutter combat. Focusing on being all castery helps not to upstage your melee.