PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 4E] Martial Controller coming in Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms

tbarrie
2010-09-21, 02:20 AM
Don't if anybody's mentioned this here yet, but the new Heroes of the Fallen Lands includes a list of classes/builds with roles that will be in the forthcoming Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms. And just as Fallen Lands' two Fighter builds have different roles (the Slayer is a Strike, the Knight a Defender), Forgotten Kingdoms has two Ranger builds with different roles: The Scout is a Striker, but the Hunter is the long-awaited Martial Controller!

Discuss.

Kurald Galain
2010-09-21, 02:47 AM
It would seem that the Ranger has killed the Seeker and taken its stuff.

mobdrazhar
2010-09-21, 04:44 AM
{{scrubbed}}

Nu
2010-09-21, 06:18 AM

I hope so. I never really saw much point to the Seeker anyway.

RebelRogue
2010-09-21, 06:56 AM
I really like the Seeker, but I do think of it as sort of a debuffing ranger.

BlckDv
2010-09-21, 08:23 AM
Of note, Essentials (with DDI) has also added the first DUAL power type class, as the new Assassin in both Martial and Shadow, opening up interesting feat and power options without a MC dip.

I for one am very excited about the Hunter build, and eager to see it, without the mixed feelings I have about some other Essentials changes.

I have been considering a campaign in which even NPC spellcasters are only seen every couple of levels, and the ability to restrict the players to martial only without loosing access to a role is very tempting. But, I don't want to threadjack, so I'll just repeat that having all roles in the Martial power source is a big plus to me.

Yakk
2010-09-21, 08:52 AM
It could easily be a dual martial/primal class.

There is already a dual arcane/martial paragon path for rangers.

shadowmage
2010-09-21, 09:54 AM
Of note, Essentials (with DDI) has also added the first DUAL power type class, as the new Assassin in both Martial and Shadow, opening up interesting feat and power options without a MC dip.

They have said that the Shadow Power book coming out early next year will not be so much a new class book but more of here are ways to add the Shadow power source to existing classes. So I exspect to see a Shadow Fighter build, Shadow Mage, Shadow Cleric, ect builds in it with feats that give a shadow flavor to what ever class you want to play.

Mando Knight
2010-09-21, 12:51 PM
It could easily be a dual martial/primal class.

There is already a dual arcane/martial paragon path for rangers.

The Essentials Assassin has Martial at-wills (and some utilities), but most of its powers are Shadow hexes, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Essentials Ranger was a return (or at least homage) to the martial/primal form of 3.5 and before.

true_shinken
2010-09-21, 12:52 PM
The Essentials Assassin has Martial at-wills (and some utilities), but most of its powers are Shadow hexes, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Essentials Ranger was a return (or at least homage) to the martial/primal form of 3.5 and before.

That would be awesome.