PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Generator / Loot Generator by Monster Advancer released [D&D 3.5/Pathfinder]

TheOverlord
2010-09-21, 08:31 AM
The treasure generator (http://www.monsteradvancer.com/magicItemGenerator.jsp) has been released by Monster Advancer (http://www.monsteradvancer.com). It currently has 2 methods of treasure generation that allow the DM to have the control he/she has always wanted. It generates all types of items and even creates weapons, armor and shields using all the appropriate properties where applicable. Ask for a armor between 9000 and 14000 gold and it will generate something like +3 splint mail with the glamered property. The flexibility makes it really easy to generate "cooler" treasure while still holding the reins of treasure value. Because you choose the item types to include it also is very easy to exclude crappy treasure like low level scrolls. Set a reasonable minimum or just leave off scrolls and potions all together...you are the DM after all.

Generate Treasure by a total value - In this method you specify a gp amount, the list of item types you want included and (optionally) you can specify a minimum and/or maximum value that each item must fall within.
Generate a certain number of items - In this method you specify a number of items, the list of item types you want included and the range of gp value that each item must fall within.

Free as always
it groups items, so if you ask for a bunch of potions it will stack the potions for you
Print friendly-the printing is automatically printer friendly via a bit of 0th level css magic

Esser-Z
2010-09-21, 08:50 AM
Ooooh. I like this. Rolling treasure is fun--especially reading it off in real time as you go--but sometimes you just don't have time. Bookmarked!

TheOverlord
2010-09-21, 07:32 PM
Ooooh. I like this. Rolling treasure is fun--especially reading it off in real time as you go--but sometimes you just don't have time. Bookmarked!

I am glad you like it. There are probably a few things to clean up in it still but it was close enough that I figured it was time to release what I had so far. Feel free to route any requests to me as always.