PDA

View Full Version : (3.5) any good published eberron modules?

Ozreth
2010-09-21, 10:56 AM
Looking for a good published eberron module. Level one would be nice but any level works. Thanks!

jmbrown
2010-09-21, 11:16 AM
There was a neat adventure in one of the later Dungeon magazines (before the end of Paizo's publishing) where you rob a dwarven bank. Hopefully someone can help you with issue number.

Ozreth
2010-09-21, 12:24 PM
There was a neat adventure in one of the later Dungeon magazines (before the end of Paizo's publishing) where you rob a dwarven bank. Hopefully someone can help you with issue number.

Thats be awesome.
Anybody have this?

Greenish
2010-09-21, 12:36 PM
Thats be awesome.
Anybody have this?It's in #147, my sources (http://www.werecabbages.com/node/35) indicate.

Ozreth
2010-09-21, 08:43 PM
Well some wiki'ing revealed that there are indeed 5 published ebberon modules for 3.5:

Shadows of the Last War: A sequel to the Forgotten Forge adventure that is in the setting book.
Whispers of the Vampire's Blade: Sequel to the above, for 4th level.
Grasp of the Emerald: Sequel to the above, 6th level
Voyage of the Golden Dragon: Sequel to above, 7th lvl

Eyes of the Lich King: A super adventure for levels 5-10.

Now im wondering if I should do the series of adventures or just run the super adventure...hmm

Has anybody run these?

Hague
2010-09-21, 08:55 PM
Eyes of the Lich Queen.

Someone's been playing too many Blizzard games...

RebelRogue
2010-09-21, 08:58 PM
The Eyes of the Lich Queen is ok, if a little railroady. It has a lot of Eberronish things: Indiana Jonesy temple adventures, The emerald Claw, Dragonmarks, shady employers, pirates, rescuing prisoners from Dreadhold, quori and a trip to Argonnessen to name some of the highlights. Actually, I think the best action sequence I ever DM'ed in 3.5 was in that campaign (in the Q'barra temple), but we never got to finish it.

Hague
2010-09-21, 09:07 PM
All of the Eberron stuff really feels like it's designed to played open-ended anyway. The biggest problem I have with most modules is how they tend to rail-road in general. Explorer's handbook had a pretty novel way of working it, but it did tend to leave you with a lot of extra work to do in the interim, preparing stat blocks and the like.

If you like Heroes of Battle-esque things, the Forge of War works pretty good for designing adventures around the Last War.

FuryOfMetal
2010-09-23, 06:30 AM
Ontop of those 5 previously mentioned i also have:

Fallen Angel which gives options for levels between 1 and 5. Read through it, it's pretty cool.

Queen with Burning Eyes, also 1 through 5. Something involving a naga living under a town and recruiting followers including a nobleman.

Steel Shadows built for lvl 7. An interesting Who-Dunnit murders mystery in a warforged settlement. Is it human protesters against the warforged presence? Is it a rogue warforged? (it's the timid warforged you meet earlier. He kills other warforged to create a very big warforged construct similiar to a charger.)

AslanCross
2010-09-23, 09:12 AM
I've played Eyes of the Lich Queen and own the book. It's pretty good, but yeah, it's somewhat railroad-y.

Also, it has some editing problems. There are encounters that are flat-out unusable as printed due to glaring errors.

EDIT: There's also the Saint-Demain trilogy: Chimes at Midnight, Quoth the Raven, and Hell's Heart. They're all murder/mystery/horror (Hell's Heart is the most horrific), though they might call for a slightly low-powered party to play up the tension.

The first two appeared in Dungeon (133 and 150, respectively), while the last one is on the WOTC website archive.

Kol Korran
2010-09-23, 11:23 AM
Well some wiki'ing revealed that there are indeed 5 published ebberon modules for 3.5:

Shadows of the Last War: A sequel to the Forgotten Forge adventure that is in the setting book.
Whispers of the Vampire's Blade: Sequel to the above, for 4th level.
Grasp of the Emerald: Sequel to the above, 6th level
Voyage of the Golden Dragon: Sequel to above, 7th lvl

Eyes of the Lich King: A super adventure for levels 5-10.

Now im wondering if I should do the series of adventures or just run the super adventure...hmm

Has anybody run these?

Some of my own opinions, take it with a grain of salt:
the forgotten forge route isn't that good in my opinion. in most places it is vastly under powered, or vastly does injustice to Eberron. if your party aren't good optimizers, it could work. some more focused review:

shadows of the last war: the changling pretending to be a vampire is quite badly protrayed, and some parties that played through this killed it in their first or second encounter with him. the morunland encounter leave MUCH to be desired. this is the Mournland! it should be more freaky, more bizzare, more out there... the Cannith hold is mediocre at best. again, it feels very small and limited to what you'd expect of a Cannit research facility. and the living spells there are a bit of a joke, though they do add flavour.
Whispers of the Vampire's Blade: simply the worst module i've ever seen. very very railroady, where a persistent and resourcefull anough party might end things very very early. some things don't make sense (the party not being allowed into the private booths on the lightning rail. they can force their way/ charm/ persuade and more). don't play this unless your players don't improvise at all
grasp of the emerald claw: this one is actually kind of well made. i liked the tootah minor artifact, and the way the Giant's place is built. good dungeon. some traps are quite deadly though, and are a game stopper, as is the encounter with the Drowned.
voyage of the Golden Dragon: i have never played this, so i can't comment.
Eyes of the lich Queen: kinda nice, but a bit railroady, as mentioned by others.

hope this helped.