PDA

View Full Version : Favoured Soul to Prestige Paladin.

Petrocorus
2010-09-21, 01:46 PM
Hello.

I'm looking for a build of a Paladin / Favoured Soul.
I've tried to do it myself and to use the Prestige Paladin, but the problem is the Turn Undead ability is a requirement for entering this PrC and the only way i know to give it to the Favoured Soul is to use the Sacred Exorcist, which require to be able to cast "dismissal" a lvl 4 spell.
So that gives:
Favoured Soul 8 / Sacred Exorcist 1 / Prestige Paladin 3

Is there a way to optimize this? Or to give the Turn Undead ability without a dip in Sacred Exorcist, so to qualify earlier for Prestige Paladin?

Does somebody know some favoured soul handbook on the net?

Thanks.

Thurbane
2010-09-21, 09:18 PM
Hey there!

No handbook I can find...but I started a little thread I was hoping to turn into a handbook someday: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152070

A bit of an obscure source, but the Knight of the Raven PrC (EtCR) grants turning at 3rd level - it's entry reqs are pretty simple (except for the adventure specific "praying in the temple"), and it's full BAB, so it's not a bad fit with Prestige Paladin. You only lose 1 level of casting.

gorfnab
2010-09-21, 09:22 PM
4 levels of Prestige Paladin lets you qualify for the feat Sword of the Arcane Order from Champions of Valor.

Kudaku
2010-09-21, 10:16 PM
I'd ask your DM to waive the Turn Undead clause first of all - the turn undead requirement is there specifically to make the class available only available to characters with a cleric level - the favoured soul flavour seems equally suitable, if not more suitable.

Petrocorus
2010-09-21, 10:58 PM
Hey there!
No handbook I can find...but I started a little thread I was hoping to turn into a handbook someday: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152070

I'm reading it, very interesting.
I don't get how a FS can access to the Initiate of Mystra feat?

A bit of an obscure source, but the Knight of the Raven PrC (EtCR) grants turning at 3rd level - it's entry reqs are pretty simple (except for the adventure specific "praying in the temple"), and it's full BAB, so it's not a bad fit with Prestige Paladin. You only lose 1 level of casting.

Nice catch. I'll will look this.

FMArthur
2010-09-22, 01:24 AM
If you're going to choose any method that loses you a caster level, you're better off just taking a level of Cleric. The Devotion feats you can trade your domains for will benefit you more than almost any low-level PrC's features, and sometimes the domains themselves are worth keeping despite your only having its first level spell (there's even a Cleric variant where you can spontaneously cast from your domains instead of the Cure spells).

Thurbane
2010-09-22, 02:51 AM
Prestige Paladin is only 1/2 caster increase anyway...so another lost level or two shouldn't make a huge difference...

Petrocorus
2010-09-22, 07:08 PM
I'm actually trying to find a way to lose only one CL.