PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Champion of Corellon

Duncan_Ruadrik
2010-09-21, 03:03 PM
I was pondering how to make a fairly awesome Champion of Corellon the other night. I came up with this...

Ranger 4: Take the Complete Champions version. (pg. 50) This will give access to Combat Expertise at level 4 as a bonus feat. It is also a prerequisite. The 0 spells per day isnt really worth it?

Paladin 3: Gives you Fear Immunity, and Divine Grace, as well as Lay on Hands, which stacks with Corellon's Blessing.

Elf

1 Finesse
3 Improved Weapon Familiarity (prerequisite)
6 Mounted Combat (prerequisite)

Flaw: Loner: Lose Animal Companion/familiar.
Feat: Dodge (prerequisite)

You can easily get into Champion of Corellon this way, have some skill points courtesy of the Ranger, have Divine Grace, Lay on Hands, both of which go well with the Champion of Corellon's first level ability, (Corellon's Blessing) which as mentioned earlier stacks with Lay on hands. The CHA dependence of these abilities also synergizes well Champion of Corellon's capstone ability Corellon's Wrath, which can be used 3+CHA times per day.

This seems superior to the more standard Swashbuckler Fighter builds I usually see combined with this prestige class. I understand wanting +INT to damage, but it just increases the MAD of an already quite MAD PrC.

Am I missing something? Is there something Swashbuckler and Fighter do better than Ranger and Paladin?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help, ideas, and/or education that I get on the subject.

MrLich
2010-09-21, 08:55 PM
I made one of these for a game a while back and he did pretty well. He was kind of an ubercharger and did some pretty sweet damage.

Fighter 9/CoCL 10: Weapon Focus chain up to GWF. Dodge, Combat expertise, PA, Leap Attack, Monkey Grip and some other random stuff. He used a large sized long spear.

I think ranger/paladin would do alright just thought I'd offer some advice since I had one that did nicely. Let me know if you'd like more details

gorfnab
2010-09-21, 09:28 PM
How about Crusader or Warblade 3/ Fighter 4/ Champion of Corellon 5/ Eternal Blade 8
Feats:
1. Weapon Finesse
3. Improved Weapon Familiarity
4. Dodge
5. Combat Expertise
6. Mobility
7. Mounted Combat
8. Spring Attack
9. Weapon Focus: Elven Thinblade or Courtblade
11. Whirlwind Attack
12. Bounding Assault
15. Elusive Target