PDA

View Full Version : Stacking Damage from Footpads Friend and Sly Flourish ??? (DND 4.0)

Akulatraxis
2010-09-21, 03:16 PM
Just as the title suggests I want to know what RAW says about stacking all the different damage from Sly Flourish and Footpads Friend.

I have a rogue that has the enhancement on a short sword, the text states:

Property: When you hit with this weapon and deal extra damage from your sneak attack class feature, add your charisma modifier to the damage roll.

Sly Flourish states:

Hit:1[w] + Dexterity modifier + Charisma modifier damage.

My rogue has a + 4 charisma modifier and a +4 dexterity modifier. So if she makes a sneak attack with the blade while using the Sly Flourish power does that mean she adds +4 for her dexterity, +4 for her charisma and another +4 for her charisma on top of that?

I imagine it being something like this:

1d6 (base weapon dmg)
+4 dex (ability bonus dmg)
+4 cha (power bonus dmg)
2d6 (sneak attack bonus dmg)
+4 cha (item bonus dmg)

A total of 3d6 +12.

Is that correct or does the charisma modifier only get applied once since it is from the same ability modifier?

Thx in advance.

Kurald Galain
2010-09-21, 03:30 PM
Yes, it stacks. The rules say that the same power, item, or feat doesn't stack with itself, but there's nothing that keeps you from adding several ability modifiers, or the same ability modifier twice, to damage in some combos.

Akulatraxis
2010-09-21, 03:46 PM
Thanks, I had thought this to be the case but decided it was best to ask around a bit to see if anyone else agreed.