PDA

View Full Version : You're a Heartbreaker......[PrC] - PEACH

Pyromancer999
2010-09-21, 03:43 PM
Heartbreaker

"Love me, love me, say that you love me."
- Jysten Beber, famed Heartbreaker

There are many people who are just charismatic in this world. They get all the men/women, and are able to turn any foe into a friend. These people generally tend to make the world a better place, uniting people and places in peace and harmony. Then there's those who have this charisma, and then use it for self-benefit. Using this natural charisma for their own gains, and then augmenting it with magic, these people almost always leave behind a string of broken hearts everywhere they go.....sometimes literally.

Prerequisites:

Skills:Knowledge(Arcana), Bluff, Diplomacy, and Sense Motive 8 ranks
Spells: Able to cast Charm Person and Charm Monster

or

Skills:Knowledge(Arcana), Bluff, Diplomacy, and Sense Motive 8 ranks
Special: Has a natural ability that mimics Charm Person or Charm Monster

Skills: Same as Rogue's, but replace Disable Device and Decipher Script with Knowledge(Arcana)
Skill Points: 6 + Int mod

HD: d6

Heartbreaker
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|Charming, Stop In the Name of Love 1/day|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|Heartbreaker 1/day|

3rd|
+1|
+1|
+1|
+3|Love to Hate|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

4th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4| Heartbreaker 2/day, Stop in the Name of Love 2/day|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

5th|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|Natural Charmer|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

6th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5|Hearbreaker 3/day|

7th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+5|Stop in the Name of Love 3/day|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

8th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+6|Heartbreaker 4/day|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

9th|
+4|
+3|
+3|
+6|Please, for me?|+1 level of existing spellcasting class

10th|
+5|
+3|
+3|
+7|Heartbreaker 5/day, If you leave me, I'll die|
[/table]

Class Features

Spellcasting: At all levels except 2nd, 6th, and 10th, Spellcasting improves as though you gained another level in a spellcasting class you belong to. If you don't belong to a spellcasting class, you gain no benefit from this.

If you entered this class through a Charm ability with daily uses, then you gain +1 additonal use per day of that ability per level instead.

Charming: At 1st level, A Heartbreaker gains a +2 on Cha-based skill checks. Additionally, whenever the Heartbreaker tries to improve the attitude of an NPC, the DC is lowered by the Heartbreaker's class level.

Stop in the Name of Love: Once per day as a standard action, a Heartbreaker may use Hold Monster as a spell-like ability. Also, if the subject is Charmed by the Heartbreaker, once per two days, she may use this class ability without expending any uses of it.

Heartbreaker: At 2nd level, the Hearbreaker gains the class's signature ability. She tells a creature a devastating thing, or does something that literally causes their heart to break, dealing (1d6 + 1) damage per class level. Creatures that are immune to mind-affecting effects, or do not possess an intelligence score are not affected by this ability. If the creature has been charmed by the Heartbreaker, it deals an additional 1d6 damage per two class levels.

Love to Hate: The Heartbreaker knows how to make people dislike each other as much as she knows how to make people like her. When interacting with an NPC, she may make a special Diplomacy check. If she would be able to improve an NPC's attitude towards her by a certain number of steps, the Heartbreaker may instead choose to worsen the NPC's attitude towards someone else by the same number of steps. For example, a Heartbreaker successfully makes the roll to improve an NPC's attitude towards her from Indifferent -> Friendly (+1 step). She instead worsens the NPC's attitude towards her boss by 1 step, from Unfriendly -> Hostile.

Natural Charmer: Once per day at 5th level, when she casts a Charm spell, she may treat it as an Extraordinary ability. This ability is expended even if the Heartbreaker somehow fails to Charm the target of the spell.

Please, for me?: At 7th level, once per week, the Heartbreaker may strengthen the effect of a Charm spell. As long as the Heartbreaker succeeds on a check to improve the attitude of a subject of one of her Charm spells, she may change the effect to that of a Dominate spell.

If you leave me, I'll die: At 10th level, the Heartbreaker's charm reaches it's pinnacle. Once per day, she may expend a use of her Heartbreaker ability, to gain a special effect that only works on a subject of her Charm spells. Should the subject of the Charm spell fail her saving throw against the Heartbreaker ability, she takes no damage, instead dying on the spot.

Please PEACH

DracoDei
2010-09-21, 04:45 PM
Here is a link for you... learn it, use it, live it... http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313
(http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313)
It will get you much more feedback.

Actually, looking at all 4 of the threads linked from the following place will help you... the second gives some thoughts on HOW to homebrew (but remember: "rules are made to be broken... if you are good enough."). The fourth will let you look for some prior examples so you don't end up COMPLETELY re-inventing the wheel... (although a google search starting with "site:www.giantitp.com" followed by your search term(s) will be much much more through. The third is where to go if you are feeling generous, looking for something to do, or have a project you need completed, but don't feel up to attempting yourself.

Mongoose87
2010-09-21, 04:54 PM
Two major points:

1. No one takes levels in classes that only advances spellcasting on half its levels, especially not to gain abilities for Enchantment, often said to be the weakest of spell schools.

2. Rogues skills combined with 2+int skill points means a lot of unused class skills, or very few skills with enough ranks to be useful.

AustontheGreat1
2010-09-21, 04:55 PM
Heartbreaker

"Love me, love me, say that you love me."
- Jysten Beber, famed Heartbreaker

You know he's not the guy who sang that song, right?

Other than that, I think it looks neat.

Pyromancer999
2010-09-21, 05:20 PM
Alright, thread edited to include table, now much easier to read.

Spellcasting and skills changed.

And yes, I know he never sang that song.

Continue PEACHing! woot.

Mongoose87
2010-09-21, 05:20 PM
You know he's not the guy who sang that song, right?

Other than that, I think it looks neat.

Dear, I fear we're facing a problem. Kids these days.

One more thing I might do is, if someone enters with Charm SLAs instead of spellcasting, is grant them extra uses.

Pyromancer999
2010-09-21, 07:56 PM
Sounds interesting. Say +1 use per class level?

Mongoose87
2010-09-21, 07:58 PM
That should do nicely.

Pyromancer999
2010-09-21, 08:42 PM
Alright, added that on. Feel free to continue PEACHing, everyone.