PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder: Duskblade PrC

Joshinthemosh
2010-09-21, 07:33 PM
Hi playground. First a little issue After two days of trying to make the table transfer into the thread poster I've given up and decided to write it all out. If anyone shows me how to do the table I'll post it again and make it all look pretty:smallsmile: Apologies

So moving on.....

I have been trying to make an Arcane Fighter in 3.5 since I played a Swordmage in 4e. Our DM recently switched us from 3.5 to Pathfinder for all games in the forseeable future. I looked at Eldritch Knight and frankly I think it's underpowered and flavor wise uninteresting. My DM(and I now agree with him) feels a gish character should be a multiclass not a base class. So after much deliberation I present the Duskblade PrC translated from the 3.5 base class.

I want feedback good or bad. Also I don't want to break the system to oblivion so please tell me if it needs to be taken down a notch.

Thanks everyone

Duskblade Prestiege Class

Requirements

BAB+4
Ability to cast second level arcane spells
Initiation into the Order of the Duskblades(that's totally a world specific requirement so it's less important for other campaigns)

Hit Die-d10

Class Skills-2 + Int modifier

Climb, Concentration, Craft, Decipher Script, Jump, Knowledge (all
skills taken individually), Ride, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Swim.

1st level
BAB+1
Fort +1
Ref+0
Will+1
Armored Mage (light)
Bonus Feat

2nd level
BAB+2
Fort+1
Ref+0
Will+1
+1 level existing arcane spell casting class
Arcane Channeling

3rd level
BAB+3
Fort+2
Ref+0
Will+2
Quick Cast +1 or Spell Power +1

4th level
BAB+4
Fort+2
Ref+1
Will+2

5th level
BAB+5
Fort+3
Ref+1
Will+3
Armored Mage (Medium)

6th level
BAB+6
Fort+3
Ref+1
Will+3

7th level
BAB+7
Fort+4
Ref+2
Will+4
Quick Cast +2 or Spell Power +2

8th levels
BAB+8
Fort+4
Ref+2
Will+4

9th level
BAB+9
Fort+5
Ref+2
Will+5

10th level
BAB+10
Fort+5
Ref+3
Will+5
Arcane Channeling (full attack)

A lot of this is translated word for word from the Duskblade on pg 19-24 in PHB2.

Armored Mage (Ex):
Normally, armor of any type interferes with an arcane spellcaster’s gestures, which can cause spells to fail if those spells have a somatic component. Duskblade training allows you to avoid arcane spell failure so long as you stick
to light armor.
At 5th level, you learn to use medium armor with no chance
of arcane spell failure.

Spells per Day: At the indicated levels, a duskblade gains new spells per day as if he had also gained a level in an arcane spellcasting class he belonged to before adding the prestige class. He does not, however, gain other benefits a character of that class would have gained, except for additional spells per day, spells known (if he is a spontaneous spellcaster),and an increased effective level of spellcasting. If a character had more than one arcane spellcasting class before becoming a duskblade, he must decide to which class he adds the new level for purposes of
determining spells per day.

Arcane Channeling (Su):
Beginning at 3rd level, you can use a standard action to cast
any touch spell you know and deliver the spell through your
weapon with a melee attack. Casting a spell in this manner
does not provoke attacks of opportunity. The spell must
have a casting time of 1 standard action or less. If the melee
attack is successful, the attack deals damage normally; then
the effect of the spell is resolved.

At level 3 a Duskblade chooses whether he wants to become a quicker caster or a more powerful caster. He chooses either Quick Cast +1 or Spell Power +1.
Quick Cast: You can cast one spell each day as a swift action, so long as the casting time of the spell is 1 standard action or less. You can use this ability twice per day at 7th level.
Spell Power (Ex): Starting at 6th level, you can more
easily overcome the spell resistance of any opponent you successfully injure with a melee attack. If you have injured an opponent with a melee attack, you gain a +1 bonus on your caster level check to overcome spell resistance or the remainder of the encounter. At level 7 this bonus increases to +2

Arcane Channeling (full attack) At 10th level, you can cast any touch spell you know as part of a full attack action, and the spell affects each target you hit in melee combat that round. Doing so discharges the spell at the end of the round, in the case of a touch spell that would otherwise last longer than 1 round

Thanks for reading and if you like it take it and run it in your own campaign. :smallbiggrin:

AustontheGreat1
2010-09-21, 07:44 PM
Well, there is already a pathfinder gish class. I know you said that your Gm thinks that a Gish should be a multiclass instead of a base class, but since this made by paizo, you guys might want to give it a look anyway.

I'll just give you a link to a thread discussing it (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169121). There is a link in there to the site where you can freely download it if your interested.

Joshinthemosh
2010-09-21, 08:24 PM
Well, there is already a pathfinder gish class. I know you said that your Gm thinks that a Gish should be a multiclass instead of a base class, but since this made by paizo, you guys might want to give it a look anyway.

I'll just give you a link to a thread discussing it (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169121). There is a link in there to the site where you can freely download it if your interested.

Thanks for the link. My GM and I have discussed this class already. He's pretty against it(he's pretty set in his opinion that a gish is a mulitclasser) and I don't really care for it myself.

I guess at this point I should mention the character I have in mind for this build is Sorcerer(Draconic Bloodline)6/Dragon Disciple 4/Duskblade 10. Gets him nice casting with a pretty good BAB and some nice ability boosts