PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Planes

Rasman
2010-09-21, 11:58 PM
I've been looking at potential planes that a Planar Shepherd could take, but I want to take something strange and not outright broken, like something that affects time to make it where I have 10 turns for every 1 my enemy has.

So far I've gotten as far as the Plane of Mirrors and the Spirit World, but I'm not really sure how they'd work with a Planar Shepherd. Any thoughts or suggestions as to other planes and how they'd react?

Zaydos
2010-09-22, 12:02 AM
The Far Realm could be interesting. More seriously the Plane of Faerie might be neat; not sure what all the Planar Shepherds get of the planar traits but it applies 3 free metamagics to arcane spells cast there (maximized, empowered, and extended), has light gravity, and neat magical beasts, the big problem is it has flowing time in a way that means for every round you get your opponents get 7.

Elysium's planar entrapment could be interesting and it has a fair share of celestials, also what alignment are we looking at?

Rasman
2010-09-22, 12:15 AM
The Far Realm could be interesting. More seriously the Plane of Faerie might be neat; not sure what all the Planar Shepherds get of the planar traits but it applies 3 free metamagics to arcane spells cast there (maximized, empowered, and extended), has light gravity, and neat magical beasts, the big problem is it has flowing time in a way that means for every round you get your opponents get 7.

Elysium's planar entrapment could be interesting and it has a fair share of celestials, also what alignment are we looking at?

I'm True Neutral, atm, so I'm pretty open as to what plane I can take. My big thing other than Planar traits is what I can transform into. Like, if I took the Plane of Dreams, would I only be able to turn into creatures that I had known about since you can only really dream of things that you know exist or have the idea that they exist?

Also, if I took the Plane of Mirrors, does that mean that whatever enemy I have within the Planar Bubble would spawn a double that would try to kill it?