PDA

View Full Version : Age of Warriors Testing -- Somber (IC)

dspeyer
2010-09-22, 01:49 AM
As is ever the case, our adventure begins in a tavern....

The tavern is a simple place: one large, tall-ceilinged room with four round tables and a bar. Three very drunk men sit at the bar, and one of the other tables holds a party of wandering scholars. The door is on one side of the wall opposite the bar. At the end of the bar facing the door is a walled off bathroom (powered by magics you'd rather not contemplate at mealtime). Your table is in the corner furthest from the bathroom. Behind the bar is a staircase leading down, presumably to the wine cellar (you've never been, nor are you allowed).

The waitress (a trusted, though secret, contact of yours) has left food and ale on your table, and an annotated map tucked under the napkins.

Moments after the waitress leaves, a great blast on fire shoots in through the door. Fortunately no one is caught in the blast itself, but many of the floorboards have caught fire.

Zaydos
2010-09-22, 11:16 AM
Adric

Adric rises from his chair, and moves to look through the devastated doorway, drawing his spiked chain as he goes. "I was enjoying my ale!" he complains.

Evlet springs from his chair nearby, casting Invisibility and staying within 20-ft of Adric.

demidracolich
2010-09-22, 05:58 PM
"Well, I guess my break from protecting townsfolk is over." Darastrix says. He then goes outside to investigate.

FullmetalChef
2010-09-22, 09:30 PM
Fathi scowled at the interruption and rose from the table, checking to make sure his spear was loose and ready. As he followed his companions through the door something felt off to him and he relaxed his mind and body, listening for subtle changes in the wind. His soldier's sense was telling him that anyone that would commit such an act in broad daylight was just as likely to be waiting for opposition and there was no reason to be caught unaware.

Activating Whispering Wind Stance (15ft Blindsense) and following Adric and Darastrix outside. This will be my default non-combat stance.

dspeyer
2010-09-23, 01:46 AM
Just outside the door (and blocking the exit) is what could only be the arsonist. The creature is 10 feet tall, vaguely humanoid, and utterly hideous. Its outside is a mix of bumpy green skin and scattered red scales. A pair of incongruous bat-like wings are awkwardly folded behind its back. It wears a loincloth of animal skin and clumsy chainmail, and wields a greataxe bigger than its head. Its nostrils are still smoking.

Zaydos
2010-09-23, 01:51 AM
"What have you here? Why do you terrorize this town and interrupt my ale? Adric shouts. He moves closer to the beast ready for the battle.

I forgot to mention what stances Adric and Evlet were in. Adric is in Master of the Field, while Evlet is in the Blurred Step. These are their default stances unless otherwise noted. If possible Evlet will change to Island of Blades. Also how high is the ceiling? Is it high enough that Evlet could enlarge Adric without sending the warblade's head through the roof?

Master of the Field gives me the ability to make extra AoO up to my Charisma bonus (does not stack with Combat Reflexes) and gives me +5 damage on AoOs.

Blurred Step gives Evlet a +10-ft enhancement bonus to speed and a 20% miss chance (negated by True Seeing but not by See Invisibility). He may expend a spell slot to increase this to 50% for 1 round.

Avalon®
2010-09-23, 10:56 AM
Kaoru was taking a moment to sip some of the bland ale their waitress gave them when the fiery burst happened.

Sighing, she picks up her massive glaive and follows her companions out the door. As she does so, she lets the wisdom of the elders and the grove to flow through her and guide her movements. Obviously this fiery burst was the sign of an adversary and she would not be one to be caught unprepared for any trading of blades.

Going into Mercurial Trismigestus stance

Whilst in this stance, the Crimson Executor may use the result of a Profession (astrologer) check in place of their AC against one attack per round as an immediate free action. Furthermore, they may exchange their d20 result with that of their opponent’s in an opposed check. This stance is considered to belong to both the Diamond Mind and Coin’s Edge disciplines.

note: this is the Child of Autumn's default stance.

FullmetalChef
2010-09-23, 11:48 AM
Fathi glanced around at his companions, all of them ready for a fight. He reached over his shoulder and drew out his spear. Whatever this infernal creature was it seemed like keeping it at a distance would be the wiser option. As he moved his spear in front of him his legs shifted and he lowered himself a few inches. His grip on his spear would have seemed strange to those not trained in Sharak al-Quantar, but it would allow him to better react if the monster tried to trick them.

Changing my stance from Whispering Wind Stance to Readied Spear Stance (Threaten every square in your reach). Drawing my Great Spear as a free action. Readying Sweeping Spear (Bullrush an enemy that gets too close with spear) as a standard action if the opponent comes within one of my threatened squares.

demidracolich
2010-09-23, 09:11 PM
"Well, its time for you to appear , old friend." Darastrix says as he summons Verth. He then climbs on to the dragonnel, draws his lance and straps his shield onto his other arm.
He is in the mounted assault stance, which will be his default stance.

dspeyer
2010-09-26, 02:08 AM
The creature's only response is an incoherent roar, as it charges Aldric (who is closest) and swings its axe downward with devestating force.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Zaydos
2010-09-26, 10:20 AM
Hold the Line gives me an AoO if it has a reach of 10-ft or less.
Attack [roll0] damage (on a hit) [roll1] and [roll2] electric

Evlet will cast Enlarge Person on Adric making him large (and able to share a space with the small sized Evlet).

If within 10-ft of the enemy Adric will 5-ft step back and then make a trip attempt.
Touch Attack [roll3], strength check [roll4], follow-up attack [roll5] damage [roll6] and electric [roll7]. If trip failed [roll8] to avoid being tripped in return.
If he is not tripped:
2nd attack: (if the last trip failed: Touch Attack [roll9], strength check [roll10], follow-up) attack [roll11] damage [roll12]. (If trip failed [roll13] to avoid being tripped in return.)
If he is tripped: Touch Attack [roll14], strength check [roll15], follow-up attack [roll16] damage [roll17] and electric [roll18].

Adric will also use a swift action to activate his Stoke the Fires ability on Darastrix (granting him a +3 Morale bonus on damage rolls for 4 rounds).

Zaydos
2010-09-26, 10:21 AM
Forgot to include 1d6 of electric damage on attack 2 if I manage to avoid being tripped. [roll0] electric.