PDA

View Full Version : Drawing/Drinking faster

Dark_Juggernaut
2010-09-22, 04:49 AM
What feats or items can be used to draw potions and splash weapons faster?

What feats or items can be used to drink potions faster?

So far I've found potion belts for drawing potions. And bottoms up for drinking potions, but as a move action.

Quick Draw says no alchemical items/potions...does this include splash weapons?

While digging around online I found someone mentioning a Howards Handy Camelback...guess he was joking?

FyreByrd
2010-09-22, 05:37 AM
...mentioning a Howards Handy Camelback...?

Hewards's Handy Haversack??

drakir_nosslin
2010-09-22, 05:48 AM
While it can't be used to drink faster, a Potion Bladder allows drinking a potion as a standard action without triggering an attack of opportunity. Also allows drinking a potion underwater.
Price: 25 GP
Weight: 0.5#
(Drow of the Underdark p. 92)

Shax's Indispensible Haversack (Equipment Handbook) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148101) is your friend :smallsmile:

I can't remember if I've ever seen something that allows you to drink faster :/

Dark_Juggernaut
2010-09-22, 06:05 AM
Hewards's Handy Haversack??

Nah, the mention of this item was years ago on a forum, where I'm not about to necro the thread to ask. The item was described as allowing you to drink 5 potions from it as free actions, but they never cited where it came from.

Shademan
2010-09-22, 06:23 AM
potion beer hat?
potion nose capsules: they take awat your abillity to smell, but one snort is enough for TWO healin pogtions!

Dark_Juggernaut
2010-09-22, 07:47 AM
potion beer hat?
potion nose capsules: they take awat your abillity to smell, but one snort is enough for TWO healin pogtions!

Are these real items or just stuff you're thinking up...?

Lhurgyof
2010-09-22, 07:56 AM
Where is the bottoms up feat found?

jiriku
2010-09-22, 08:10 AM
I think Complete Mage has a Delay Potion feat that allows you to drink a potion before combat without having it take effect right away, then activate it as a swift action at a later time.

Telonius
2010-09-22, 09:42 AM
I vaguely remember a suggestion on the boards about using a bunch of tiny spell-storing darts. Cast your beneficial spell into them prior to combat. Darts are subject to quick draw. Attack yourself, and voluntarily allow the attacker to hit. You can now down as many "potions" as your attack bonus allows, at the cost of 1hp per.

(Technically the Dart idea wouldn't work since Spell Storing is melee only, but several tiny Daggers would work just as well).

gallagher
2010-09-22, 12:19 PM
i remember hearing a while back about a crazy gnome inventor who made potions into pill form so that they can be carried and consumed easier/quicker. take a mouthful of like 4 chewable tablets and have at it

Radar
2010-09-22, 12:58 PM
i remember hearing a while back about a crazy gnome inventor who made potions into pill form so that they can be carried and consumed easier/quicker. take a mouthful of like 4 chewable tablets and have at it
Hmm... is there a spell, that gives you an ice breath weapon? Just asking. :smallbiggrin:

Shademan
2010-09-22, 01:19 PM
Are these real items or just stuff you're thinking up...?

original ideas. but I see no reason why it should not work
drinking potions trough the nose does, anyways...

Skorj
2010-09-22, 04:02 PM
potion beer hat?

I let the party tank wear a potion beer hat in the campaign I ran in college - it fit the character and wasn't really a balance issue. Also, college.

Reis Tahlen
2010-09-22, 04:12 PM
Play a Dwarf.

Seriously, nobody guzzles liquid like a Dwarf. They MUST have some bonus when drinking potions!

Asheram
2010-09-23, 02:20 AM

Magic tiles and Spell wafers. Complete arcane. Fun book. :smallbiggrin:

Though the effect is entirely cosmetic. Still proves attack of opportunity.

Darrin
2010-09-23, 04:28 AM
What feats or items can be used to draw potions and splash weapons faster?

The only thing I've ever seen in 3.x that might allow you to drink a potion faster was the Drunken Master's "Drink Like a Demon" class ability... but you have to get your DM to agree that a potion counts as an alcoholic beverage, or get him to allow you to spike it with alcohol without ruining the effects of the potion.

cupkeyk
2010-09-23, 04:47 AM
There is an item in complete scoundrel, I think, which is a hollow tooth filled with potion.
you can crack it and swollow. Usually used to commit suicide though.

Curmudgeon
2010-09-23, 05:53 AM
Attack yourself, and voluntarily allow the attacker to hit.
That's not permitted. D&D is a game of heroic striving, not ignoble defeat. There are very few options in the rules where failure can be chosen, and getting hit isn't one of them.