PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Arcane ranged attacks as melee attacks?

Wamba the Fool
2010-09-22, 05:36 AM
I swear I saw a feat somewhere that allowed arcane ranged attacks to be delivered through a weapon (i.e. melee range with no AoO), but I can't find it.

Do any of you all know where it is? Or is my mind playing tricks on me?

(Thanks in advance!)

KillianHawkeye
2010-09-22, 06:17 AM
I think there was something like that for Sorcerers that let them cast spells at melee range through a dagger implement. Sorcerous Blade Channeling or something? It's probably in PHB2 or Arcane Power.

Xallace
2010-09-22, 07:34 AM
Sorcerous Blade Channeling in PHBII, as well as the "Shivs of Sorcery" article in Dragon Magazine.

HMS Invincible
2010-09-22, 07:15 PM
I swear I saw a feat somewhere that allowed arcane ranged attacks to be delivered through a weapon (i.e. melee range with no AoO), but I can't find it.

Do any of you all know where it is? Or is my mind playing tricks on me?

(Thanks in advance!)

There's a feat to give you the option of casting magic missile as a melee touch attack.

cupkeyk
2010-09-22, 07:33 PM
Or Shimmering Cloth or Shadowdance Leather Armors. Halflings also have a feat to do that with area, but not ranged, powers, I think.

Mando Knight
2010-09-22, 08:53 PM
There's a feat to give you the option of casting magic missile as a melee touch attack.

It's Shadar-Kai only. (Reaper's Touch, which allows the Shadar-Kai that takes it to use pretty much any implement-based RBA at-will from PHB2 or earlier as a touch-ranged MBA)

Meta
2010-09-23, 02:12 PM
I assume this is for a build idea you have? There's a few hoops you can jump through to make this happen, but I'd need an idea of what you're looking for.