PDA

View Full Version : Loremasters secrets

jpreem
2010-09-22, 06:23 AM
In the text portion it goes something like that.
A loremaster chooses one secret every two levels after first.(from the table)
Her level plus intelligence modifier determines the total number of secrets she can learn.
In the table there is a first column - before secrets name and description.
The first column is titled level+int and then there is a number in there.
So by the text the level + int should just apply how many of those different secrets can she learn. But in the table the form seems to suggest that the secrets themselves are ranked so that some of them are harder to learn (cant learn them if you dont have level+ int high enogh)
So how should this be decided.
Also level+ int. Should I only count loremaster levels+ int or all class levels + int?
Also secret "applicable knowledge = gain any one feat" - can i ignore prereqs, and can i choose epic feats?

Saph
2010-09-22, 06:27 AM
In the table there is a first column - before secrets name and description. The first column is titled level+int and then there is a number in there. So by the text the level + int should just apply how many of those fdifferent secrets can she learn. But in the table the form seems to suggest that the secrets themselves are ranked so that some of them are hareder to learn (cant learn them if you dont have level+ int high enogh) So how should this be decided.

You can pick any secret for which your level + Int is high enough to qualify for.

Also level+ int. Should I only count loremaster levels+ int or all class levels + int?

It says 'level' not 'class level', so you count all levels, though this is probably not intentional. (corrected below)

Also secret "applicable knowledge = gain any one feat" - can i ignore prereqs, and can i choose epic feats?

No, you can't ignore prerequisites.

KillianHawkeye
2010-09-22, 06:30 AM
It says 'level' not 'class level', so you count all levels, though this is probably not intentional.

I thought "level" usually referred to the class level when it appears in a class description....

kamikasei
2010-09-22, 06:34 AM
In the text portion it goes something like that.
A loremaster chooses one secret every two levels after first.(from the table)
Her level plus intelligence modifier determines the total number of secrets she can learn.
"At 1st level and every two levels higher than 1st (3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th), the loremaster chooses one secret from the table below. Her loremaster level plus Intelligence modifier determines the secrets from which she can choose."

"Total number of secrets" doesn't enter in to it. You use your class rather than character level (the text supersedes the ambiguous table heading).

Saph
2010-09-22, 06:37 AM
"At 1st level and every two levels higher than 1st (3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th), the loremaster chooses one secret from the table below. Her loremaster level plus Intelligence modifier determines the secrets from which she can choose."

"Total number of secrets" doesn't enter in to it. You use your class rather than character level (the text supersedes the ambiguous table heading).

Ah, there we go. So it's class level after all.

Edit: Huh, what do you know. I just checked to figure out how I'd missed that, and it turns out the version I've got on my computer's different to d20srd. Guess he must have updated it.