PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Replacement Feats?

Cardea
2010-09-22, 07:09 AM
Just to get a hands-on knowledge of these kind of feats, I ask you guys:

What are the names of all the 'replacement' feats? In this context, they're the feats that let you use another ability score for a specific check. For example, and to list all the ones that I know of:

- Brutal Throw (Use Strength instead of Dexterity for Thrown Weapons)
- Force of Personality (Use Charisma instead of Wisdom for Will Saves)
- Insightful Reflexes (Use Intelligence instead of Dexterity for Reflex Saves)
- Weapon Finesse (Use Dexterity instead of Strength for Light Weapons and certain one-handed weapons)
- Zen Archery (Use Wisdom instead of Dexterity for Ranged Attack Rolls)

drakir_nosslin
2010-09-22, 07:13 AM
I think most of those (if not all) are in the X stat to Y bonus (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125732) thread, check it out!

Coidzor
2010-09-22, 07:19 AM
Dynamic Priest (use Charisma instead of Wisdom for determining highest spell level known and bonus spells per day for divine casting class)
_______ Priest (as Dynamic Priest, use Intelligence instead of Wisdom for divine casters) I think the first word is Resolute, but I can't recall for certain.

I don't think either of those appeared in the old X stat to Y bonus thread.

Ruinix
2010-09-22, 09:57 AM
there is a CON to WILL save feat too but i can't remember the name

Greenish
2010-09-22, 10:06 AM
there is a CON to WILL save feat too but i can't remember the nameSteadfast Determination. It's in Person_Man's list, like just about everything published for 3.5.

Thurbane
2010-09-22, 06:41 PM
I like this one, from the 3rd party 3.0 Bastards & Bloodlines (and by like, I mean horrendously broken):

LOST TRADITION [GENERAL]
You are descended from a group of spellcasters who had very different ways of mastering magic, and you follow in their tradition.
Benefits: Choose one spellcasting class. You may change which ability score governs spellcasting with that class. That ability cannot be changed again.
For example, Meishel Ellazen is a houri cleric. She takes the Lost Tradition feat and chooses to base her clerical spellcasting on Charisma instead of Wisdom. She now uses her Charisma score to determine her bonus spells, spell save DCs, maximum spell level she may cast, and any other calculation regarding her cleric spells.
Special: You can take this feat only at 1st level.

Coidzor
2010-09-22, 08:06 PM
Did Brilliant Gameologists pick up the ashes of the old X stat to Y bonus thread or not?
Swordsaged.

I like this one, from the 3rd party 3.0 Bastards & Bloodlines (and by like, I mean horrendously broken):

LOST TRADITION [GENERAL]
You are descended from a group of spellcasters who had very different ways of mastering magic, and you follow in their tradition.
Benefits: Choose one spellcasting class. You may change which ability score governs spellcasting with that class. That ability cannot be changed again.
For example, Meishel Ellazen is a houri cleric. She takes the Lost Tradition feat and chooses to base her clerical spellcasting on Charisma instead of Wisdom. She now uses her Charisma score to determine her bonus spells, spell save DCs, maximum spell level she may cast, and any other calculation regarding her cleric spells.
Special: You can take this feat only at 1st level.

So.... Strength-based casting for a gish then?

Foryn Gilnith
2010-09-22, 08:07 PM
I was hoping this would be about things like Desert Wind Dodge. :(

Susano-wo
2010-09-22, 08:07 PM
I love how theyforgot (at least I hope it was forgetfulness) to specify any other non physical stat. >.>
Also, yeah, Instant SAD in a feat. sheesh...

Thurbane
2010-09-22, 09:18 PM
In another thread a while back where this feat came up, I said I might use it in my games under two provisions:

1. Only available to dual-stat casters like Healer, Favored Soul etc.
2. Can only be a mental stat (INT, WIS, or CHA)

...even then, I still have my reservations. :smallyuk: