PDA

View Full Version : a pixie with polymorph

heymejack
2010-09-22, 01:58 PM
one of the players in my game is a pixie, and we made her character from the monster manual 1, including polymorph. yes, i know that pixie was errata'd to get rid of polymorph because of how good/potentially gamebreaking it is. but we'd already played a few sessions before we realized this, and the player isn't the type to even be interested in breaking the game, so we're just gonna roll with it. doesn't hurt that she's also my girlfriend. again though, she just isn't the type of player that I need to worry about her ruining the game with it.

anyway, we ran into a rules question last night involving her free action invis. does it still apply to her polymorphed forms? i know she can't pick up new su abilities, but does she lose hers?

in a related/just for fun question, what forms should she take? keeping in mind she casts it as an 8th level caster.

FirebirdFlying
2010-09-22, 02:13 PM
This spell functions like alter self…

You retain all supernatural and spell-like special attacks and qualities of your normal form, except for those requiring a body part that the new form does not have (such as a mouth for a breath weapon or eyes for a gaze attack).

So, RAW, she would keep her invisibility.

heymejack
2010-09-22, 02:39 PM
really? wow. i was sort of hoping it would be the opposite, so as to weaken it up a bit. polymorph really is broke-tastic.

perhaps i'll just restrict it anyway. at some point she'll be a 16th level invisible ogre rogue getting full sneak attack on every hit.

Diarmuid
2010-09-22, 02:40 PM
Or you could...y'know remove the Polymorph.

FirebirdFlying
2010-09-22, 02:46 PM
Or nerf it to Alter Self. Not that that isn't powerful, but the fey I usually see suggested for Alter Self is, well, pixie.