PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 which module to run?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-09-22, 05:42 PM
I have the option to get one of the following modules, and I wanted the playground's opinion on which is the best or their favorite

All of them run in the level range I like the most 5-10 ish

Here are the prospects

Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
I have always wanted to try ravenloft.

Eyes of the lich queen
Eberron nough said

Red hand of Doom
Dragons and Gobs!!! (I am really fond on gobs, hobs specially)

if there is another option in that level range that is good or you like please tell me.

TIA.

Saint of Kord
2010-09-22, 06:01 PM
March of the Sane is a really clever 5th level module if you're looking more for intrigue than hack and slash. The BBEG is basically an insane bard cult leader who believes that because heros always pop up to vanquish evil, evil would cease to exist if there were no heros, and sets out to destroy all heros... in the name of peace. Awesome.

Thurbane
2010-09-22, 06:58 PM
I'm currently DMing EtCR for my group - and they're all really enjoying it. It's a solid module.

RhOD - I played through this a couple of years back. It's a great module, and I've yet to hear of anyone who didn't enjoy it.

...IMHO, both of these are solid choices.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-09-22, 07:00 PM
March of the Sane is a really clever 5th level module if you're looking more for intrigue than hack and slash. The BBEG is basically an insane bard cult leader who believes that because heros always pop up to vanquish evil, evil would cease to exist if there were no heros, and sets out to destroy all heros... in the name of peace. Awesome.

Wow, sounds really interesting but it seems it mightbe hard t track down that one, thanks anyway.

I'm currently DMing EtCR for my group - and they're all really enjoying it. It's a solid module.

RhOD - I played through this a couple of years back. It's a great module, and I've yet to hear of anyone who didn't enjoy it.

...IMHO, both of these are solid choices.

Yeah I have heard/read a lot of good critics for those modules, hence why I can't choose.

Thurbane
2010-09-22, 07:59 PM
Yeah I have heard/read a lot of good critics for those modules, hence why I can't choose.
Depends on what type of theme you'd like:
EtCR - is a gothic horror type adventure, mainly involved in exploring the areas surrounding the castle, and the castle itself...
RHoD - has a more "epic" feel to it, racing the clock to stop an invasion...

...it just depends which type of adventure appeals to you and your players more. Bram Stoker's Dracula vs. The Magnificent Seven. :smallwink:

Dusk Eclipse
2010-09-22, 08:01 PM
Depends on what type of theme you'd like:
EtCR - is a gothic horror type adventure, mainly involved in exploring the areas surrounding the castle, and the castle itself...
RHoD - has a more "epic" feel to it, racing the clock to stop an invasion...

...it just depends which type of adventure appeals to you and your players more. :smallwink:

I think I'll go with RhoD in that case, a player said he might bring his cousins to the game and I feel a more.....traditional adventure (which includes dragons) might be more appropiate to get them hooked.:smallwink:

ShriekingDrake
2010-09-22, 09:56 PM
Wow, sounds really interesting but it seems it mightbe hard t track down that one, thanks anyway.

Not hard at all. http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/oa/20040827a

By the way, RHOD is amazing.