PDA

View Full Version : Alternate crafting system for 3.5e? So crafting things doesn't take a year?

Gavinfoxx
2010-09-22, 09:21 PM
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could link me to an alternate crafting system for D&D 3.5e? One where the difficulty and time of crafting something is based on 'how difficult and hard the material is to work with' rather than 'how expensive the end item is going to be'?

Has anyone figured out a workable system for crafting MUNDANE things? That fits in the Normal / Masterwork / Dwarvencraft crafting thing with D&D, and the expected skill that a crafter would have?

My Druid really really wants the party Artificer to craft a Duskwood Breastplate... (wooden mithril yay!) but it'd take forever... Thanks!

We'd like to have something that takes into account "Wood Shape" getting the item halfway there...

Gametime
2010-09-22, 09:39 PM
The Craft Point (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/craftPoints.htm) system from Unearthed Arcana sounds like what you're looking for, and it's available for free online through the SRD.

AslanCross
2010-09-22, 09:49 PM
Seconding the Craft Point system. It works for both nonmagical and magical items.

Gavinfoxx
2010-09-22, 10:31 PM
Does the Craft Points system need FEATS for masterwork stuff?

Ick!

Mostly, I'm looking for something that changes the craft DC's and the *time spent* on crafting stuff, and separating "nonmagical gp cost of item" with "crafting time".