PDA

View Full Version : Group Two IC: All Endings are New Beginnings

Lix Lorn
2010-09-23, 04:20 AM
You awake, noting ground as cold as ice, smooth too. The air is thick and warm, and a sense of general wrong floats around you.

Counting yourself, you see a pair of beautiful beings, one of whom has what appears to be a pair of tentacles upon his back, what appears to be a spirit, lying on the ground as if it were solid, a relatively normal, black haired male, and a strange, draconic statue.

Good luck. Also, everybody make a spot check to notice something.

Rauthiss
2010-09-23, 09:56 AM
Egosum sits up and looks around. A look of shock comes into his eyes as he sees his companions. The air around him begins to buzz. "Where am I? Who are you all?"

OOC:
FIRST POST!!!1!!1!1!

jguy
2010-09-23, 11:17 AM
Fel'then knew he was no longer in the inn. The smell was far too different. Sulfur, brimstone, ash, and blood. A lot of blood. He cursed whoever sent him out to that inn but he had a hard time remember exactly why he was there in the first place.

He kept perfectly still, a trick he learned long ago. He looked more like a statue than anything and people tend to get very, very close to odd looking statues. Within clawing range. He opened his eyes a crack as to draw no notice and scanned the room. There weren't many other people here, though it'd be hard to consider anyone besides a dwarf "people". One human who just spoke without his lips moving, two who smelt of magic and...something otherworldly. He was most concerned about the vaguely translucent figure on the floor.

He scans the room as much as he can from his limited point of view, trying not to bring attention to himself.

I am simply going to take a 10 on my spot check. I have no modifiers so it is simply a ten.

Lix Lorn
2010-09-23, 11:36 AM
You don't see it. XD

Rauthiss
2010-09-23, 02:21 PM
Forgot about my spot check. Derp.
Spot: [roll0]

Jack_Simth
2010-09-23, 05:14 PM
Lorque Inaorm

The spirit seems to move, and tests the ground as he glances around at his companions. The spirit looks mostly normal, if you can ignore the the slightly bulging brown eyes, the rope burn around his neck, and the fact that he's slightly transparent. His attire is simple enough - he keeps two simple wooden holy symbols around his neck - that of a blue and yellow octagram. He wears leather boots, brown wool breeches, a sturdy leather belt, a long-sleeved brown shirt, and a dark green cloak with a hood. Two pouches hang from the belt at his waist, and there is an old beat-up leather bag on his back. "So... anyone know where we are?"

Actions:
Nonaction: Reactive Spot: [roll0]
Move: Test the solidity of the ground
Free: Speak

Lorque Inaorm (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=238706): HP 93/93, AC 28 (T 28, FF 26), saves +18/+18/+23

Lix Lorn
2010-09-23, 05:23 PM
Jack Simth:
You notice that Egosum's black hair has a streak in it, dyed black, only just noticeable.
Come to think of it, so did the leader of the archers at the execution...

Kallisti
2010-09-23, 05:26 PM
Mad Maudlin and Tom O'Bedlam

Moving in eerie unison, the beautiful people in green sit up. Both start, and quickly sweep their gazes over the hellscape before them. With a perfectly synchronized motion, both are armed--he with an iron sword, she with a beautifully carven fiddle with ominously fleshy strings. They look around them. "Air and Darkness...We're in hell, aren't we?" "It was inevitable we'd pay a visit sooner or later..." "True enough, but I was rather hoping for later."

Jack_Simth
2010-09-23, 05:27 PM
Lorque Inaorm

The spirit gathers his wits, and asks a question of the black-haired man: "Ah, before we start introducing ourselves, do ya mind letting me know why, under the dye, your hair just happens to fit the same pattern as the guys that had me on the firing lines? "

Any results on poking at the ground earlier? Makes a big difference to my AC.

Lorque Inaorm (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=238706): HP 93/93, AC 28 (T 28, FF 26), saves +18/+18/+23

Lix Lorn
2010-09-23, 05:31 PM
Jack simth:
As far as you can tell, the ground is perfectly strong and safe.

jguy
2010-09-23, 06:50 PM
Fal'then seemed to have gone unnoticed, just another strange object in a strange world. He was concerned when the spirit got up, its feature looking to be of a hung human.

He takes a big yet steady breath in hopes of no one noticing his chest rising, trying to get a scent on everyone here and perhaps get a clue on their location.

Edit: seems like my rolls are acting weird, going to to do this in next post

jguy
2010-09-23, 07:08 PM
Survival + Scent to get scents of fellows along with any unfamiliar ones for a hint. [roll0]
Knowledge: Dungeoneering [roll1]
Listen to hear anything besides our talking [roll2]

Kallisti
2010-09-24, 12:34 AM

"An excellent question. Although since I find you here with us, I assume they executed you as well? I imagine there's a very interesting story behind that. Please, do tell."

Rauthiss
2010-09-24, 01:06 AM
Egosum holds up his hands in a gesture of nonaggression. The air around him starts to waver again. "Please, calm down! I don't know why my hair is like this any more than you do! I don't remember much of anything... groggily waking up, then being shot at!"

Jack_Simth
2010-09-24, 07:03 AM
Lorque Inaorm

The spirit looks at the man for a bit, then asks "So... at some point, you felt strongly enough about the markings in your hair to dye them away, but you have absolutely no idea who the guy with the exact same markings was, and what he was doing, and you can't remember anything? That's quite a stretch, but so's the situation. Hmmm...." The spirit takes a moment to examine the black-haired man very, very closely.

Sense Motive: [roll0]
Also, Spot to beat the Freeze on the Gargoyle: [roll1] Vs.... what, DC 20?
Edit: Ah well, at least I'm getting the low rolls out of the way now....

Lix Lorn
2010-09-24, 08:44 AM
@jguy:
You smell several scents, but they're stale, overcome by the smell of smoke and flame.
With the knowledge... you think the place is quite safe, although the environment is alien to you.
You don't hear anything else.
@jack_simth:
You believe him.
You also notice that the stone being is alive.

Jack_Simth
2010-09-24, 04:42 PM
Lorque Inaorm

The spirit nods, and addresses the black-haired man "Very well. You may call me Lorque. How would you like me to refer to you? Oh, and by the way...." The spirit turns to the stone statue "You might as well introduce yourself, too."

Rauthiss
2010-09-24, 04:44 PM
Egosum Sanus

"Hello, Lorque. You may call me Egosum; it is the name I prefer to go by."

Kallisti
2010-09-24, 07:25 PM

"This is Tom O'Bedlam, and I am called Mad Maudlin."

Jack_Simth
2010-09-24, 07:37 PM
Lorque Inaorm

The spirit nods, and addresses the group. "Nice to meet you Tom, Egosum, and Mad ... May I call you Mad? It seems a bit off for a first name... is that a title? I'm a little confused as to my situation - the last I remember before waking here was being drugged... which is quite the trick in my case ... and put on some form of mage firing line. What of the rest of you?"

Kallisti
2010-09-24, 07:41 PM

"Call me Maudlin. Or perhaps Lenore, if you prefer. We were, as it seems, executed for no crime whatsoever. None that we were caught committing, anyway, which is close enough. Whoever those men were, I must admire their aim, if not their sense of fairness."

Jack_Simth
2010-09-24, 07:51 PM
Lorque Inaorm

The spirit concentrates on Maudlin and Tom as he speaks "None that you were caught committing? Does the possibility exist that they might have Divined something you had previously done?"

Detect Evil; full three rounds, to get location and strength, and rule out the portions of the location that might be evil. At-will, spell-like, and doing so defensively. Concentration check: [roll0] - auto-pass.

Also, Lore check (functions as Bardic Knowledge) to see if any of those around me are 'notable persons': [roll1]

Kallisti
2010-09-24, 08:07 PM
Mad Maudlin

"Absolutely not! Do you really think we're that careless? Not even the finest diviner in Heaven, Earth or Faerie could prove anything. We are as blameless and pure as lambs in winter. Legally speaking."

(OOC: Maudlin has no evil aura. Tom has a faint one [not really sure how CN leaning CE works with detect magic...])

jguy
2010-09-24, 08:44 PM
Fal'then's head shifts ever so slightly as the ghost acknowledges him. He doubted he could hide from the dead for long, but it never hurt to be careful.

"The name is Fal'then", he says in a voice that sounds like slate rubbing together more than an actual voice. He notes everyone's name and particular scent in case he needs to find them again.

"We are not dead", he says suddenly. We might be in hell but we are not dead. If I was died, I'd go to Moradin's side, not here. Even if I was condemn to eternal torment, it would not be here. The punishment for a dwarf is to be placed upon Moradin's anvil and be hammered until all the sins one has committed have been smashed out, then they will proceed to serve at the High Father's side."

Jack_Simth
2010-09-24, 08:51 PM
Lorque Inaorm

The spirit asks a simple question of Maudlin "Not that it matters much, but have you considered the possibility that some might not care about proof in the legal sense, and things inadmissible in court for your jurisdiction might cause someone to act outside of the law? But for what little it's worth, I think I do believe that you were not sent here for a specific crime."

The spirit chuckles a bit at the gargoyle's specific choice of wording, but makes no comment on that aspect. "Interesting choice of logic... but decent enough, I suppose. The question becomes, then, where do we go from here? I do keep readied a spell that attempts to force a creature back to it's native plane... although it's not very picky... if anyone wishes to try that route."

Link (http://easydamus.com/alignmenttendencies.html)

For the purposes of the game system, ignore the alignment tendency. Thus, a Lawful Neutral (Evil) cleric would be not detected as evil by a paladin using a detect evil spell. This character would take 6d6 points of damage when touching a Talisman of Pure Evil because he is Lawful Neutral. The alignment tendency is simply a part of that character's description and has no effect on game play.

Kallisti
2010-09-24, 08:55 PM
Mad Maudlin

"So it would appear. I wish I knew exactly why, though. Or how, as, not to appear indelicate, but it would seem that you were, ah, priorly dead. Unless you haven't always been this way, but awakened here newly etheric?"

(OOC: Nevermind, then. Neither of me are evil.)

Jack_Simth
2010-09-24, 08:58 PM
Lorque Inaorm

The spirit replies to the bundled chaos "I have not been numbered among the living in a rather long time. There are rather good odds that I predate the grandfather of the last pureblood elf you saw."

jguy
2010-09-24, 09:33 PM
Fal'then

He turned to the spirit of Lorque. "Even the long-lived elves would go mad from being around that long. Are you?

Jack_Simth
2010-09-24, 09:51 PM
Lorque Inaorm

The spirit considers a moment, and says "I suppose it rather depends on how you define mad. I do have a different view on life and death that most, standing on the precipice between the two, and traveling back and forth periodically. But what I see seems to reflect what is, and I am not irrational in pursuit of my goals."

Lix Lorn
2010-09-25, 12:42 PM
Actually, I was using the alignment tendancies ruling that it works half. CN leaning CE would have half the aura of evil they would have as a pure CE.

Kallisti
2010-09-25, 12:52 PM
Then yeah, Tom has a faint evil aura.

Jack_Simth
2010-09-25, 03:47 PM
Lorque Inaorm

The spirit continues "Now, I know not what you've done, Tom, but the path you're on is not one that leads where you will want to go."

jguy
2010-09-25, 10:55 PM
Fal'then

A deep rumble like rolling stones comes from Fal'then's chest. I think it would be best if we started thinking on how to get our of here and a way home than anything else. This place is safe for now, but I don't know for how long." He looks around the cave for any obvious signs of an exit.

Jack_Simth
2010-09-26, 09:29 AM
Lorque Inaorm

The spirit nods "Wise enough. I have something to try, but I'd need a volunteer who's willing to accept the spell. If it works, we all go home happy tomorrow. If it doesn't... well, we can continue looking. Is anyone willing to be subject to a Dismissal, even with it's slight chance of sending you to the wrong plane?"

jguy
2010-09-26, 03:49 PM
Fal'then

He steps forward and nods his assent. "I will accept your spell. I am the most capable of handling myself anyway," he says as if it is a matter of fact.

Jack_Simth
2010-09-26, 04:44 PM
Lorque Inaorm

The spirit nods, says "Thank you" and then begins casting...

Spellcraft DC 19:He's casting DismissalFal'then:Giving up the Will save, I trust?

Mechanics:

Standard: Cast Invisible Spell Dismissal.
Chance of wrong plane: 20 or less = wrong plane: [roll0], although I seriously doubt it matters (ideally, it doesn't; otherwise, the game gets cut a bit short...).

Lix Lorn
2010-09-26, 04:55 PM
Nothing appears to happen.
Jack Simth:
The magical energy dissipates with no effect. On the plus size, it didn't use a spell slot.

Jack_Simth
2010-09-26, 05:00 PM
Lorque Inaorm

The spirit shrugs, and says "Yeah, about what I thought. We'll need to find a different way out of here. Well, I'm heading out to look; anyone who wants to come with, you're welcome to do so." With that, the spirit begins walking out of the cave... slinking down into the ground to minimize his exposure.

Actions: Move down into the ground enough that it gives a high degree of cover - for hiding. Assuming I'm still incorporeal here, anyway.

Hide: [roll0]

Rauthiss
2010-09-26, 06:30 PM
Egosum begins to follow the spirit, toying with his hair. "How odd... I don't suppose any of your hair has the same dying, does it?"

jguy
2010-09-27, 02:50 AM
Fal'then

Fal'then joins the man who smells like a breeze down the tunnel. His eyes flicker at him as he comments on his hair and Fal'then shakes his head in the negative. He makes no attempt to mask his presence in hopes of pulling attention away from his transparent companion.

Lix Lorn
2010-09-27, 01:45 PM
You are ethereal and successfully half hide underground. XD

Jack_Simth
2010-09-27, 05:09 PM
Yes, it is an amusing image, isn't it? And, of course, even with the nat-1, the +25 Hide modifier makes him somewhat difficult to spot, but it's not going to have much effect (most demons and devils have spot as a class skill, and max ranks, so while a CR 5 Bearded Devil might miss him, the much more likely CR-13 Horned Devil is, at worst, going to tie). So... waiting on the gargoyle to say 'following', or just continuing under the assumption that the fourth player is going along with the rest for now?

jguy
2010-09-27, 05:59 PM
I am following Egosum who is following you Jack, so we are all in a congo except for the nutty duo

Kallisti
2010-09-27, 10:55 PM
Maudlin is following, while playing a tune on her fiddle and humming to herself. Tom is nowhere to be found, unless you can See Invisibility, in which case he's right next to Maudlin, dancing to the music and waving his tentacles like metronomes.

Lix Lorn
2010-09-28, 04:59 PM
Now THAT is an amusing image. WHICH tunnel are you going down?

Jack_Simth
2010-09-28, 05:25 PM
Whichever one heads upwards the most. We don't exactly have a map, here, and at the moment, the apparent goal is simply to get out.

Lix Lorn
2010-09-28, 06:03 PM
How can you tell?

Kallisti
2010-09-28, 06:30 PM
Tell which one leads upwards? Gravity, I'd think...

Jack_Simth
2010-09-28, 08:26 PM
The angle of the 60-feet of it I can see through Darkvision? If you'd prefer, I can roll a die and pick one at random, if you'd like. Slight problem though: How many are there? Need to get the die size right. Actually, I can just roll one each for the likely numbers of tunnels, as the boards permit arbitrary die sizes:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

There. Pick whichever tunnel number is rolled by the die size that corresponds to the number of options. Seriously. I'm just trying to get the plot moving. With the current lack of information, one tunnel isn't any better than another as far as we'd know in character.

Lix Lorn
2010-09-29, 02:44 AM
There are two tunnels, they both look pretty flat. You picked tunnel two! There is a humanish skull with the top broken in, in the entrance.

Lix Lorn
2010-09-29, 11:57 AM
As you head for the tunnel, you hear something, sounding like something sharp entering flesh, and possibly a whimper of pain. You turn around, and another being lies unconscious on the floor, just where you awoke.

Jack_Simth
2010-09-29, 04:58 PM
Lorque Inaorm

The dead man looks at the seemingly dying person on the ground, and takes a moment to examine the almost-corpse closely.

Nonaction: Look at things. So...

How's the subject dressed? Any visible wounds? Apparent race? Gender? Age? Hair color? Skin color? Eye color? Any adornments, such as rings, amulets, et cetera (and do note that Lorque has a Ring of X-Ray vision, and so would also see things under the first layer of clothing - so rings under gloves, for instance, would still show up)? Any distinguishing markings (scars, tattoos, brands, and so on)?

Lix Lorn
2010-09-29, 05:00 PM
It's Talore.

Talore
2010-09-29, 06:37 PM
As you head for the tunnel, you hear something, sounding like something sharp entering flesh, and possibly a whimper of pain. You turn around, and another being lies unconscious on the floor, just where you awoke.

The body twitches. More twitching. Its left hand reaches out, grasping air. Then, a long moan. The elf picks himself up with infinite slowness.

Stetching stiff muscles, he sharply observes his surroundings.

Knowledge: The Planes to see if he knows without asking that he's in the Hells.
[roll0]

Spot check
[roll1]

jguy
2010-09-30, 02:35 AM
Fal'then

The gargoyle eyes the newest arrival to their own personal hell, curious how he was conjured seemingly out of thin air. A quick glance to his companions show they were as confused as he was.

Lix Lorn
2010-09-30, 05:10 AM
Talore:
You know you're in Baator, and you think pretty near to the top. You see most of the other people around, and the two tunnels leading out.

Talore
2010-09-30, 09:15 AM
"Oh damn it," exclaims Mornefinir, "We're in the hells... but I'm not dead?" He looks around, "and who do I see before me? Did you all arrive just now?"

Kallisti
2010-09-30, 12:10 PM
Mad Maudlin

"No indeed! We are wicked devils, your tormentors, and have been waiting a thousand years and a day for you to awake!"

Jack_Simth
2010-09-30, 07:35 PM
Lorque Inaorm

The dead man glances briefly at Maudlin, and reassures the elf "Well, you don't seem to be dead, and I'm no demon. But I think I'd like to find a way out of here, as I did not come here on my own terms ... and I think it would be a good idea to stop the people who are kidnapping people and sending them here directly. But anyway, you may call me Lorque; how do you prefer to be addressed, and are you up for an alliance while our interests coincide?"

Talore
2010-09-30, 10:00 PM
Mornefinir

"Aye, I'd be interested in an alliance, so long as we can get out of here," he responds. He eyes the first man with disdain, then joins the party.

jguy
2010-09-30, 10:33 PM
Fal'then

The stone man grunts his assent as the soft-skin joined their strange crew. He bends down to the ground, grabbing a handful of dirt and stuffing it into his mouth. He chews and swallows, getting a taste of his surrounding. He takes a look at the floor, trying to get any information he can.

Survival check for information: [roll0]

Lix Lorn
2010-10-01, 03:18 AM
@Talore:
Maudlin is female. So you know. XD
@jguy:
The soil tastes like ash and blood. You get the idea that a dangerous tunneling creature lives somewhere nearby.

Rauthiss
2010-10-01, 09:03 AM
"My name is Egosum, sir. Are you harmed in any way?" He approaches the new inhabitant, and grins.

jguy
2010-10-01, 09:13 AM
Fal'then

"Something big is nearby" he says simply.

Kallisti
2010-10-01, 12:32 PM

"Oh? Well, that is most ominous, not to mention rather troubling. If I--"

"Where?" Standing beside the bard is a handsome man whose beauty is marred by the pair of tentacles, like those of a displacer beast, that rise through slots in his heavy armor and currently rest, next to his hands, on the hilt of the heavy iron sword he holds. A few moments ago, he hadn't been present.

Tom is, usually, invisible, so I'm assuming this is the first Mornefinir has seen of him.

Talore
2010-10-01, 08:55 PM
"I'm fine," says Mornefinir. He notes the newly-visible figure with a cool glance, then knocks an arrow to his bow. "So soon, I get to sink my arrows into Devil flesh?" he says, dry with a hint of anticipation.

Kallisti
2010-10-01, 09:19 PM

"Well, that's simply rude. This is Tom O'Bedlam, and he's our friend. Mine, at least."
"I thought we were devils come to torment him?"
"Right you are, right you are. In that case, yes! This is Tom O'Bedlam, a wicked devil of vast and immense wickedness!"
"That's the sister I've come to know and tolerate."

He turns to Mornefinir. "I am Tom. A friend, or at least an ally." He turns back to Fal'then. "Now. Where?"

jguy
2010-10-01, 10:04 PM
Fal'then

He shrugs his stony shoulders. "I don't know. These tunnels were made by a beast. If we follow it, we'll run into it." He says, pointing deeper into the tunnel.

Jack_Simth
2010-10-01, 11:36 PM
Lorque Inaorm

The dead man whispers back at the concerns of meeting the originator of these caves "Danger waits for us at every turn, regardless. Let us continue."

Kallisti
2010-10-01, 11:45 PM
Mad Maudlin nods her assent. Tom is, once again, nowhere to be seen.

Rauthiss
2010-10-02, 12:56 AM
"If this is indeed hell as the man says, I may be able to assist us in protection from its flames. The Song protects its listeners," Egosum says as he stands up.

jguy
2010-10-02, 06:27 AM
Fal'then

A small slap of stone on his brow arched at the mute's airy words. "Song?" he asks. "Make it quick." He looks down the tunnel, eager to get moving.

Rauthiss
2010-10-05, 11:09 PM
Egosum closes his eyes for a moment, then opens them with a focsed intensity. His hands begin to move in slow motion, eventually growing faster as the air around him fills with an upbeat, powerful tune. (http://freeplaymusic.com/search/download_file.php?id=263&dur=0&type=mp3) As it plays, the party begins to feel slightly cooler, as if the heat of hell is lessened.

Using Burning Melody, providing the party with Fire Resistance 15 for as long as they can hear me. I will continue playing unless I need to stop.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-06, 03:49 AM
I assume you go now. XD
You head down the smaller tunnel, which is hot and dry, the walls gleaming slightly from the ambient, orange light. It remains easily large enough for you to stand up straight in-which casts worrying implications on the size of the creator.

jguy
2010-10-07, 06:39 PM
Fal'then

The gargoyle leads the way, leaving himself open as an obvious target for whatever created these tunnels. He heard the others following in whatever order they chose. Stealth was hardly an option with that catchy tune playing.

Talore
2010-10-07, 07:06 PM
Mornefinir

The elf grasps his bow with determination, prepared to fire at anything hostile, as they continue the walk. He is silent, grim-faced.

Readying an action eact turn (we're only walking) to multishot at a hostile appearing

Lix Lorn
2010-10-13, 02:04 PM
A tremor runs through the tunnel, and a loud noise sounds, a rumbling, crushing noise.

Jack_Simth
2010-10-13, 04:24 PM
Lorque Inaorm

With no particularly notable alternatives, Lorque presses on.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-19, 05:34 PM
The ceiling seems to implode, and a huge worm-like creature appears, with dark purple scales, and skeletal wings that hold it in the air. It spits a spray of acid towards you, but seems to miss-roll initiative.

Kallisti
2010-10-19, 05:54 PM
Mad Maudlin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=239823) and Tom O'Bedlam (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=239612)

Maudlin: Init [roll0], HP 60/60, AC 17, Burning Melody (Fire Resistance 15).

Tom: Init [roll1], HP 102/102, AC 39, DR 5/Cold Iron, Burning Melody (Fire Resistance 15), Never Waning (Fast Healing 5), Rising Splendour (Immunity to negative energy, energy drain, ability drain, and ability damage), Lost-hope (All foes within 50 feet take a -2 penalty to all d20 rolls), Life and Light Fade (All foes within 50 feet of the Seiškona take a cumulative -1 penalty to all ability scores [reducing them by 1 each to a minimum of 1] each round they remain within the vicinity. Every round outside the area of effect removes 1 point of the penalty), Black Moon in Dark Skies (Invisible).

Jack_Simth
2010-10-19, 06:04 PM
Lorque Inaorm

Lorque starts to react to the surprise attack....

Initiative: [roll0]

Lorque Inaorm (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=238706): HP 93/93, AC 28 (T 28, FF 26), saves +18/+18/+23, Init 16 (+2)

jguy
2010-10-19, 06:22 PM
Fal'then

"Finally! A fight! I thought we'd walk to oblivion and die of boredom!" He says, his face splitting into a wicked smile.

initiative: [roll0]

Talore
2010-10-19, 08:19 PM
Initiative
[roll0]
I'll cast Nerveskitter for a +5 bonus to that, to a total of +18
For Knowledge Devotion:
Knowledge: The Planes
[roll1]
*Notice* For every encounter, I will default to a knowledge: Planes check for Knowledge Devotion. If it is something else, please let me know (ahead of time)
Also, with my roll (every time) please let me know what I would normally be allowed to figure out with the Knowledge roll.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-20, 03:44 AM
[roll0]

The Gargauntuan creature bellows something jarring in Undercommon. You can feel a greatly malign presence coming from it, and the spray of acid it spat appears to be eating into the ground in front of you.

Talore:
Knowledge: Dungeoneering or Psionics is what you need, but that Planes check will tell you that it's fiendish.

jguy
2010-10-20, 10:51 AM
Fal'then

Fal'then lets out a string of curses in dwarven, spittle flying out of his mouth as the creature roars at him

For those who speak dwarven: "Your father was a beardless elf and your uglier than a orc!"

Kallisti
2010-10-21, 12:31 AM
Mad Maudlin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=239823) and Tom O'Bedlam (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=239612)

Up until now, Maudlin's head had been cocked as she listened to Egosum play. Now, fiddle in hand, she begins to join in, playing high as he plays low, singing with him to form chords. The combined skill of the two musicians is impressive to behold, and the jaunty tune seems to push back the shadows, and make the massive monster seem just a little less intimidating.

Tom remains invisible, but a truly hideous laughter peals from the air like iron bells, an awful counterpoint to the song of the bards.

According to Song and Silence, using a fiddle lets me produce two separate Bardic Music effects at one--one with the fiddle, one vocally. Song and Silence is 3.0, but the errata didn't change it, so I think that still stands. I'd like a ruling anyway, though.

If the rule stands, I'll go Inspire Courage/Inspire Greatness. If not, just Inspire Courage.

Tom is doing the following: Standard Action, Activate Lunar Expansion to become large. Move Action to activate Read the Heavens (a vestige ability). Swift, manifest his Aberrant Nature, which...does all kinds of stuff that I still need to crunch numbers for. The problem with going Binder/Ozodrin is that there's a lot of stuff to keep track of.

Rauthiss
2010-10-21, 12:41 AM
Egosum braces himself for battle.

Init: [roll0]

Jack_Simth
2010-10-22, 06:24 PM
Lorque Inaorm

Lorque reacts, saying "We'll need to discuss languages later; for now...." Lorque considers a moment, and a blob of air coalesces just behind the beast. Lorque addresses it a moment in a tongue that sounds like the wind whistling through the trees, and it nods, standing ready.

Actions:
Move: Get to a point where I can put a Summoned Elemental on the opposite side of the beasty (30-foot range on the effect; if it fell near to us, shouldn't be hard)
Standard: Summon Elemental Reserve Feat. Put an Air Elemental (Medium) opposite the beast, for a flank if anyone moves in.
Free: Order the elemental around: Aid another on attack rolls.
Elemental Standard: Aid Another Attack Roll: Slam: [roll0] vs. AC 10: Grants +2 for the first melee attack made against the worm, if it happens before Lorque's turn rolls around again.

Oh yes, and Lorque has Undercommon as a language known. For the most part, if it speaks, he can understand it. More specifically:

Automatic: Common
Int Bonus: Abyssal, Aquan
Bought with Speak Language: Auran, Celestial, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Gnoll, Ignan, Infernal, Orc, Sylvan, Terran, Undercommon, Drow Sign Language

What did it say earlier?

Lorque Inaorm (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=238706): HP 93/93, AC 28 (T 28, FF 26), saves +18/+18/+23, Init 16 (+2)
Earth Elemental (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/elemental.htm#earthElemental): HP 30/30, AC 18 (T 9, FF 18), saves +7/+0/+1, initiative as summoner (Lorque)

Lix Lorn
2010-10-22, 06:29 PM
Jack_Simth:
It wasn't talking so much, as just screaming obscenities, roaring hungrily.

Also, is your elemental a summoning or a calling effect?

Jack_Simth
2010-10-22, 06:34 PM
Jack_Simth:
It wasn't talking so much, as just screaming obscenities, roaring hungrily.

Also, is your elemental a summoning or a calling effect?Summoning - functions as Summon Monster, with some caveats - vanishes if it ends a turn more then 30 feet from Lorque, summons a specific size of elemental (based on the spell held in reserve - Medium, for the 6th level spell held for it), can only have one out at a time, and it only lasts a number of rounds equal to the level of the spell held in reserve (so 6 rounds). But it's a standard action effect, usable as long as he has a spell held in reserve for it. Technically the elemental gets it's full turn, but the Move action doesn't really matter much in this case.

So I take it there's some special restriction on at least one of those two subschools of spells? Fun.

Lix Lorn
2010-10-22, 06:38 PM
Kay.
Everyone: If you start planning combat, I'll say now that it's about 30ft away, and about 20ft up.

Jack_Simth
2010-10-22, 07:29 PM
Ah. Need an Air elemental, then, for the flight to put it at the ceiling, which would be obvious. Same attack bonus, so it doesn't really change anything. I'll edit.

jguy
2010-10-23, 11:54 AM
Fal'then

A deep rumble of joy echoes from the gargoyles chest as the promise of a good fight and the haunting music seemingly fills him with power. "You'll look good stuffed on my mantle beasty!" he points before rushing forward

For a dwarf made out of solid stone, he was incredibly fast. He rushed towards the wall near the purple monster and made an outstanding leap. With agility that belied his stature, he seemingly turned on a silver piece and pounced from the wall right into the waiting tentacles of the monstrosity.

First leap attempt was a 46, allowing me a 11 foot vertical leap. Using Sudden Leap off the side wall, I attained another 46, giving me another 11 feet. This will put me at 22 feet and in perfect range of my enemy. As I have 80 feet movement on a charge, I should easily be close enough to get to him. I do get an Attack of Opportunity. When charging, my AC is 38. Even if hit, I doubt that will spoil my attack chain.

With a rawr that sounded as if belong more to a angry dragon than a 4 foot tall stone dwarf, Fal'then unleashed a string of claws, bites, and on devastating punch

Okay, I am getting +12 to hit from bard song, +2 to hit from charging, +2 from flanking, and +2 on first attack from aid other. I get +9 damage from bard song and I will be power attacking for 10 damage. Decisive strike means I get 1 unarmed strike at no penalty but it and every other attack that round does double damage. Here we go.

Unarmed Strike:
To Hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Bite with Con drain if hits:
To Hit: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
Con Damage: [roll4]

Edit: Claw Damage doesn't seem to want to work. Both were a 28, do tell if that is a hit or not for me

jguy
2010-10-23, 03:04 PM
Both my claws rolled a 28, so here are the claw damage rolls

[roll0]

[roll1]

Talore
2010-11-29, 07:58 PM
Mornefinir snaps into action. He moves with unearthly speed, drawing three arrows from his quiver, firing, and repeating that another three times within six seconds; a total of 24 magically-charged arrows fly towards the monster.

Okay, boys and girls, here goes. I'm going to spend nine inspiration points (2 left) to get another three standard actions this turn. I'm going to spend the remaining two points to get +2d6 sneak attack until end of turn. I'm going to move to the side a bit to get a clear shot. Then, I'm going to 3-arrow multishot four times. Splitting, that's a total of 24 arrows at the monster's face. In each attack cluster, the first attack counts for three (the original multishot) and then an attack for each split arrow. Any attack roll get's it's own sneak attack dice (which means the first roll of the 3-arrow multishot clusters get SA but not the two 'dummy arrows.') Here goes.

-----ATTACKS-----
Cluster [roll0]
#2 [roll1]
#3 [roll2]
#4 [roll3]

Cluster [roll4]
#2 [roll5]
#3 [roll6]
#4 [roll7]

Cluster [roll8]
#2 [roll9]
#3 [roll10]
#4 [roll11]

Cluster [roll12]
#2 [roll13]
#3 [roll14]
#4 [roll15]

-----DAMAGE-----
Cluster [roll16]
[roll17]
#2 [roll18]
[roll19]
#3 [roll20]
[roll21]
#4 [roll22]
[roll23]

Cluster [roll24]
[roll25]
#2 [roll26]
[roll27]
#3 [roll28]
[roll29]
#4 [roll30]
[roll31]

Cluster [roll32]
[roll33]
#2 [roll34]
[roll35]
#3 [roll36]
[roll37]
#4 [roll38]
[roll39]

Cluster [roll40]
[roll41]
#2 [roll42]
[roll43]
#3 [roll44]
[roll45]
#4 [roll46]
[roll47]

HAS FUN DYING NOW. Once again, I won't do this normally, but I want to move this thing along!

Talore
2010-11-29, 08:08 PM
Rolling for two crits in cluster #3, to confirm.
Attack [roll0]
Attack [roll1]

Extra Damage [roll2]
Extra Damage [roll3]

Make sure the extra damage isn't counted against Damage Reduction, unless it completely soaked up the original attacks (then add the unsoaked DR to these rolls seperately. In the case that this isn't already overkill)

EDIT: Sorry, subtract 2 from the extra damage from each, added too much bonus to the rolls.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-02, 09:54 AM
The creature gives a keening roar of pain, great, leathery wings flapping several times, and then it nosedives, crashing into the ground. It doesn't move.

Talore
2010-12-02, 10:02 AM
Mornefinir nods, and turns to the rest of the party. "Let's move on, shall we?" He starts walking on.

Jack_Simth
2010-12-02, 06:04 PM
Lorque Inaorm

Lorque puts a hand up to delay Mornefinir, and says "You're missing a step." He then looks around for things the beast might have been carrying or had nearby, which could potentially prove useful, later.

Search: Taking 10, for a result of 20 - loot the body!

Lix Lorn
2010-12-02, 06:25 PM
The search doesn't find anything yet, but it seems likely that the creature has a lair nearby.

Jack_Simth
2010-12-02, 06:30 PM
Lorque Inaorm

Lorque shrugs, and says "Looks like it wasn't carrying anything with it... it probably has a lair, though; does anyone here know how to track, or should we just try following up the path it came from? It's not like we have a specific destination, yet."

Lorque Inaorm (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=257062): HP 93/93, AC 28 (T 28, FF 26), saves +18/+18/+23, Init +2

jguy
2010-12-02, 07:31 PM
Fal'then

Fal'then tried for the first few minutes to remove the head of the giant wurm...thing but to no avail. It was not he wasn't strong enough, it was that it's neck was so wide that he couldn't get to all the sinew to fully remove it.

"Blasted beasty smells all the way to the mountains depths," he says as he pulls his hands out a gaping wound of the monster, wiping the various fluids across his stony surface. For a trophy he instead decides to keep one of the foot long tentacles he ripped off its face. Worse comes to worse, it might make for a good snack. He holds the tentacle up to his face and takes big whiff of the scent and turns back to his companions.

"I might be able to track the scent back to its lair." With that he leans lower to the ground and begins his search.

Rolling Survival to track this thing. I get my +2 favored enemy to this as well so: [roll0]

I am curious if having Scent and a source of the scent trail with me will give me any bonuses to tracking this thing

Lix Lorn
2010-12-03, 09:30 AM
The easiest trail seems to be a tunnel embedded in the wall some distance above you, but the scent is all around you. It seems that you are in the creatures warren.

jguy
2010-12-03, 03:00 PM
Fal'then

The gargoyle sniffs the air for a few more moments before looking towards the tunnel above them. "Well it looks like the easiest way to follow it back to its lair is to follow that tunnel up there, but I have no idea where it leads. The entire tunnel is permeated with its scent. I think we are in its home already."

Kallisti
2010-12-03, 05:49 PM
Mad Maudlin

"If we're in that...creature's...lair, might there not be more of them? Perhaps we should send the more discreet among us ahead first..."

Jack_Simth
2010-12-03, 06:09 PM
Lorque Inaorm

Lorque shrugs, says "Sensible enough," and proceeds to vanish into the ground, scouting ahead.

Going entirely into the ground, using the Ring of X-Ray Vision to navigate (25 foot sight, essentially, but really, REALLY hard to spot Lorque when he's doing this, as you'd have to be able to detect stuff through objects yourself), following the path the monster came from a ways up the direction it came, to see if there's anything there, then returning to the group to report back.

If you want them:
Hide: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]

Lorque Inaorm (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=257062): HP 93/93, AC 28 (T 28, FF 26), saves +18/+18/+23, Init +2

Lix Lorn
2010-12-03, 06:26 PM
Lorque:
How far down the tunnel are you willing to go?

Jack_Simth
2010-12-03, 06:50 PM
Ten minute walk, or until something particularly interesting is seen. That'd be, what, about half a mile?

Lix Lorn
2010-12-03, 06:52 PM
@Lorque:
After five minutes or so, you find a room with very large concentrations of scent. There also appears to be a small pile of gold, and various other items.

Jack_Simth
2010-12-03, 07:06 PM
Lorque checks for magic (Magic Sensitive), making sure to also check the walls and such (as Detect Magic can penetrate barriers to an extent, and thus show good loot that's buried slightly or behind wall panels), and transports the lot of loot back to the party, utilizing Telekinesis and a Summoned Medium Earth elemental (technically a series of them, as they don't last too long, but meh, it's an at-will ability thanks to the Summon Elemental Reserve Feat).

Oh yes, and please describe the Earth elemental walking at the party. It'll be funny to watch them kill it.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-03, 07:31 PM
@Lorque:
Several items appear to be magical, but they don't compare to what you and the party already have. (tl;dr, sell them. I'll tell you how much gold you get for it all when you have a chance to spend it, fair?)
From the tunnel Lorque just went down comes an elemental of medium size, carrying gold.

jguy
2010-12-03, 08:06 PM
Fal'then

Fal'then's obsidian eyes twinkle at the sight of the gold, tickling his dwarf sensibilities. "I am actually enjoying my stay in Hell. Might have to come back for a visit later."