PDA

View Full Version : The Reclamation II

Pages : [1] 2

Sanguine
2010-09-23, 09:37 AM
Sun and Wings

The man rotates his ring and a needle pops out which he immediately sticks into his neck. "Failure is death." With that he falls to the ground dead. After a moment you can see that the dagger he flung earlier is dripping some liquid that is eating away at the stone floor.

Makoto

"Oh they're true. Cecelyne has been wanting to make someone pay for the disaster in Sandsedge since the moment it happened. The only real question is if any of the other Architects will be their."

Nera and Valken

After a moment a young boy about the age of four opens the door. He has hair and eyes the same color as Iron Raven's but slightly darker skin. Smiling a smile that could warm the heart of a Demon Prince the boy says. "Have you seen my drawin' I fink I lef it in here." The boy though older than Athena does not seem to have her magnificent grasp of language.

Green Bean
2010-09-23, 10:01 AM
Makoto swallows his suddenly re-rising panic. The Coven was one thing, but the Endless Desert was another. If Nera's testimony didn't lay blame at the Coven's feet... well, it didn't bear thinking about. "I will have to instruct Nera on the proper courtesies, then."

Not sure if I need to roll, but proper behaviour around spirits is Occult, right?

Just in case:
Intelligence + Occult [roll0]

Sanguine
2010-09-23, 10:18 AM
Makoto

Iron Raven smiles and says, "Probably a good idea. Not to change the subject but what can you tell me about your companion Sun's Hidden Seeker?"

DrakeRaids
2010-09-23, 10:35 AM
Valken looked over the child for a moment. There where.... More then one? "Ah. Perhaps this can be what child seeks?" Valken said, pulling the paper out with a sigh and showing it to the child, "Self cannot help but wonder though, what drawing may be...?"

Green Bean
2010-09-23, 10:44 AM
Makoto takes a moment to think. "Passionate. Impatient. Violent, but in a directed way. She wants what she wants, and she's willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish that. Was her past incarnation similar?"

Sanguine
2010-09-23, 10:47 AM
Nera and Valken

The little boy looks at it and says. "That's it. It's a geeoman..jeoman...geeman... It's a manse. Daddy took me to see the new 'dee-mayn' he made and I thought I would try to make a Manse for it. I wanted to show it to daddy when he gets home."

Makoto

Iron Raven smiles and says, "In many ways it would seem. Though I would never use the word impatient to describe the Survivor."

Ganurath
2010-09-23, 11:20 AM
"Demay-" Nera had been smiling politely at the child initially, but what he was describing was... Of concern. Hopefully Iron Raven was less like the Coven's Defiler and more like Makato. "Demon or demense?"

Reynard
2010-09-23, 12:09 PM
Sun and Wings

The man rotates his ring and a needle pops out which he immediately sticks into his neck. "Failure is death." With that he falls to the ground dead. After a moment you can see that the dagger he flung earlier is dripping some liquid that is eating away at the stone floor.

Yes, it often is.

Sun moved forwards, and began to search to body for clues as to his purpose beyond an assassin. She moved all over the body, searching every nook and cranny of his clothes for secrets, checking for any defining tattoos, examining the ring to determine the poison. She then went and did the same to the dagger.

Throughout this all, she said little.

Spending 6 motes on the 2nt Ex, for 3 extra successes.
[roll0]+3 +Stunt (if any)

Green Bean
2010-09-23, 08:39 PM
Makoto bows politely "Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me. Perhaps we could continue this in your home once today's festivities are over?"

Sanguine
2010-09-24, 11:19 AM
Nera and Valken

"The second one. It was really purty. Can I have my drawin back now?"

Sun
1 die stunt recover 2 motes. Also it's Intelligence + [Highest of Occult, Medicine, or Larceny] to determine what type of poison he used. Although the fact that Occult is in their should give you a hint.

Inside of his clothes are two more dagger both coated with the same substance as the other one and the ring, also all of the daggers now that you get a closer look are perfectly balanced the kind of weapons Mortal Blacksmiths might never match in all of their days.

On his right shoulder blade is a vertical scar running it's entire length. Aside from that he is free from any blemishes or callouses indicating that he is probably a well off individual.

Finally he is wearing a medallion you recognize it as the seal of the royal family of An-Teng, and not the current one.

Makoto

"I would be honored."

OOC

Green, Gan, and Drake do you guys mind just skipping forward too Valken's testimony and then after that skipping to the end of Calibration?

Green Bean
2010-09-24, 11:22 AM
Sure. Assume I warned Valken and Nera about Cecelyne and how to deal with her in advance.

DrakeRaids
2010-09-24, 11:23 AM
Valken smiled slightly and handed the paper to the child. "Very good, must be smart boy, make father proud." Valken said warmly. It was odd to see such innocence in the heart of hell. Iron Raven was an interesting man indeed.

I'm cool with that

Reynard
2010-09-24, 11:27 AM
You're a long way from home. An-Teng is miles and miles away. And you came all the way here for me?

She snatches the medallion, and tucks it away, before holding the knife gingerly, examining the poison, seeing if it bore any resemblance to one she knew.

5 dice oh my so many.
Int+Larceny [roll0][/spoiler]

Ganurath
2010-09-24, 11:29 AM
Nera waved goodbye to the boy, then smiled jokingly at Valken after the former departed. "Iron Raven must be very charismatic."

Sounds much better than what is surely torturous ship teasing.

Reynard
2010-09-24, 11:39 AM
Yozi Venom. Heh. Seems the coven is still hurting.

Sun carefully stored the daggers, using the man's sheathes. They'd come in handy. She walked back over to the hearth, again ignoring Wings, and began the process of attuning. While she did, she spoke to Sky, asking him if anything more was wrong with this manse, and if the communications with him were permanent.

Sanguine
2010-09-24, 11:53 AM
Nera, Valken, and Makoto; The Fourth Day of Calibration

The first three days of Calibration pass relatively uneventfully. For Makoto it consist mostly of people saying they have accomplished nothing but doing it in such a verbose and poetic way that it sounds impressive. For Nera and Valken the only exciting thing that happened was a Demon-Blooded would be assassin. They never saw him however as Jeeves blinded the man and then proceeded to pull every dirty trick in the book on him preventing him from even coming close to his targets and quite possibly rendering him sterile.

Nera and Valken now stand at the disgustingly organic podium; standing with them is a Traditionalist Fiend(it was agreed by most that he was as close to impartial as they were going to get). "As soon as the Endless Desert arrives we will swear you in."

With that Cecelyne steps through almost as if she had been awaiting the most dramatic entrance she could make. She stands seven feet tall a figure of statuesque beauty completely nude save for a small glass hourglass hanging around her neck. Her longing flowing hair comes nearly too her ankles and shifts color between all the various shades that sand comes in. Her eyes are marvelous orbs of glass that glitter in all of the colors of the rainbow.

Clearing his throat the Fiend flares his anima in preparation for the oath. "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth until this gathering has ended?"

I don't think there is an official description of Cecelyne so I winged it.

Sun

"Nothing else is wrong with the Manse and communications are permanent unless someone manually shuts them down or geomanticaly sabotages the Manse. On a different note there are some men mining my Red Jade deposit, they seem to be either unaware or uninterested in my Orichalchum and Silver deposits."

The knifes are Perfect the +2 being to Accuracy and the two +1s being to Damage and Range.

Reynard
2010-09-24, 11:59 AM
"Can you do anything about them?" Sun asked, still felling her way into the essence of the manse.

Sanguine
2010-09-24, 12:00 PM
Sun and Wings

"No, I cannot manipulate my environment only perceive it."

DrakeRaids
2010-09-24, 12:01 PM
Valken took a deep breath and nodded, "Yes. Self swears to tell truth as best as self knows it to all who shall listen." He was walking on eggshells here, just being around once of the Yozi themselves, it was an experience that was difficult to describe.

Reynard
2010-09-24, 12:12 PM
"Leave them, then. We'll deal with them later. Or, if Nera is there, get her to do it."

That said, she got down to focusing on the manse, finally fully emerging herself in the flow of essence of the landscape.

Sanguine
2010-09-24, 12:12 PM
Valken, Nera and, Makoto

As Valken swear the oath the Fiends anima coalesces into a portion of the Shinmaic substrata on which Creation was created and wraps itself around Valken disappearing in a flash of light though he can still feel it beneath his skin.

"Now would you be so kind as to describe the event at Sandsedge in your own words?"

DrakeRaids
2010-09-24, 12:27 PM
Valkens skin itched with essences, the feeling the oath totally unlike when Nera had bound him. It was a disturbing, but he tried to push it to the back of his mind as he spoke. Switching to his native tongue for clarity, he began detailing the events leading up battle, such as the capture of Cloud Faced King, with as much care to detail as he could muster. He did not make assumptions, or guess, simple told how events unfolded exactly as he saw them, nothing more, nothing less.

Sanguine
2010-09-24, 12:36 PM
After you finish telling your story a woman you recognize from the Coven stands up. "Lady Cecelyne I request the right to question the Lunar." Cecelyne nods and the beautiful Delzahn woman steps up to the podium. Turning to you the woman asks. "On a scale of one to ten how would you rate your anger during the battle?"

Reynard
2010-09-24, 12:43 PM
Sun opened her eyes, and handed the Gem to wings, pecking him on the cheek. "Use this for your suit."

She smiled, then began to explore the manse for herself, rather than checking the map. Exploring it herself would help her get a better feel for the place.

DrakeRaids
2010-09-24, 12:46 PM
<Six I would guess. Maybe five. I remained in control throughout battle, and the magical fury many lunars use in battle is not part of my array. However, it is difficult to remove all emotional entanglement in battle once my Mate took the field, and I was determined not to allow them to harm the mortals.> Valken explained in forestongue.

Ganurath
2010-09-24, 12:46 PM
Nera, for what it's worth, tilts her head at the Coven member's question and furrows her brow. The woman had something planned, and wasn't to be underestimated.

Sanguine
2010-09-24, 12:54 PM
Grey Serpent nods at this answer. "Six you say. Interesting. Now if you could refresh my memory what exactly did King say?"

Tackyhillbillu
2010-09-24, 01:45 PM
Wings

Wings had occupied himself with looking about for this fellows partner. Sending a single person to kill someone was very rarely smart. But it appeared he was alone. He took the Gem, smiling. Attuning to these things was a pain, but Sun was wandering off.

...yeah, I'll attune later. Everytime Sun goes anywhere by herself, she gets into trouble...

Wings followed after his mate, pocketing the Gem for now.

senrath
2010-09-24, 06:58 PM
Feathers

From the gates of the city, Feathers headed towards where he had lived before being hired to join up with the other Exalted. While he had paid for quite a while in advance, he wanted to make sure that nothing had happened in his absence. Once things were taken care of there, he planned on prowling the city, looking for bounties. It had been far too long since he'd faced something that he could deal with on his own.

Sorry for not posting for a while, and for my post to be so short when I finally did post it. I really didn't know what I wanted Feathers to be doing.

DrakeRaids
2010-09-24, 10:57 PM
<'I just got a message from Wrath, Negotiations are off. Kill all of them but the Iron Wolf with the two daiklaves.' was the exact wording.> Valken said dutifully.

Sanguine
2010-09-26, 12:44 PM
Makoto, Valken, and Nera

Grey turns to the assembled Infernals and Cecelyne. "So he admits he was angry, and protecting the mortals and his mate commanded at least part of his attention. I ask can we really trust his testimony then, of course he is not intentionally lying but he could easily have made a simple mistake. Even if we assume his testimony is completely accurate it doesn't really prove anything so King or Mask took over after Mask was attacked that is not relevant. Furthermore..."

At this Cecelyne stands up. "Oh do shut up. We all know that event wasn't anything like any of your other operations. We also know that Iron Tearing King is the head of your little Coven. If that weren't enough to put suspicion on your claim this is."

"Even if your claim that you planned the Sandsedge event is true it doesn't matter. You think just because you haven't been punished yet the Ebon Dragon approves of it? He doesn't he has merely been busy with wedding preparations. However not long before this little trial here he did take the time to decree a punishment for you imbeciles."

"Your punishment is that I get to punish you for this mistake. I only let this go on because I was curious what the Lunar had to say. From what I have heard you fools messed up even more then I thought. After The Thing you will report to me immediately for punishment." With that there is a gust of wind and Ceceylene's jouten disappears in a torrent of blowing sand.

DrakeRaids
2010-09-26, 12:59 PM
Was it over?

Valken paused where he stood glancing over at Raven and Makoto questioningly, waiting for conformation he could finally get the hell out of this place. Being around all these infernals and demons was unnerving, but at least they seemed to have succeeded at what they had set out to do....

Green Bean
2010-09-26, 01:04 PM
Relief flooded through Makoto, glad the issue had been resolved without implicating him in treachery. He almost felt pity for the Coven. Cecelyne was not as depraved as the Ebon Dragon, but she didn't lack in vindictiveness or spite.

He waved Nera and Valken down off of the podium; a Yozi's decision meant the matter was decided.

DrakeRaids
2010-09-26, 01:19 PM
Valken practically jumped down, doing his best to shift away from the center of attention. The sooner he was out of here, the better.

Reynard
2010-09-26, 01:21 PM
As she wandered the Manse, Sun started talking to her past self, in her head. Though she tried her best not to let it show, sometimes the odd word did escape her lips at a whisper.

So, Survivor, what was this place for? Just the Essence, and place to be undisturbed, or...?

Sanguine
2010-09-26, 01:28 PM
Sun

The place is largely what you have already seen. There were a few side tunnels full of corpses that end in dead ends but aside from that nothing new. Several reasons. For one the capping allowed mortals to mine the Jade without risking mutation, while it is true we could have just used Dragonblooded to do it there were to few jobs for mortals and even if they were cared for having nothing to do can drive someone mad. Also it expanded Sky's awareness of the world which is important. Last and quite possibly least the essence was nice.

Reynard
2010-09-26, 01:41 PM
Returning to the main chamber, Sun spoke to Sky-Horizon again.

"Sky, when you said there were men in your Jade deposit, did you mean at this manse or your main one?"

Sanguine
2010-09-26, 01:44 PM
Sun and Wings

"My main one Mistress. As I specified they are mining Red Jade whereas the Jade in the Manse you are currently in is predominantly White."

Reynard
2010-09-26, 01:49 PM
"Very well, get anyone who's there to fix them. Would you mind telling me the current time of day?"

Sanguine
2010-09-26, 01:53 PM
Sun and Wings

"The Sun reached it's zenith roughly three hours ago I believe. While the Sun is not always the most reliable time measuring tool it is the only one I have."

Reynard
2010-09-26, 02:00 PM
Is there anywhere I can hide Lancelot, Survivor? I don't want to bring him when we go down to the city.

While awaiting a response, She motioned Wings towards the Hearth. "Don't get comfy, you want to meet my mother soon, don't you?"

Tackyhillbillu
2010-09-26, 02:02 PM
Wings

Wings nodded, and smiled at her.

"Promise not to go anywhere? Say... vanishing ad turning up in the middle of the Southern Desert?"

Sanguine
2010-09-26, 02:04 PM
Sun

That's a negative. Of course earlier you could have asked Raven if you could stay at his Manse. He would have said yes, it would have been closer, and most relevant to your question, it would have a place to hide Lancelot.

Reynard
2010-09-26, 02:07 PM
"*sigh* get Blown up and flung thousands of miles just once, everyone assumes it'll become a regular thing."

She pecked him on the cheek, and set about sorting out the bodies. "I'll clean this mess up, see what can be salvaged."

Yeah, not going to happen. If he's really who he says he is, he should be long-dead. We have Wing's transport, we should make good time. I'll put Lancelot in the mine.

While waiting for Wings, she piled the bodies in one of the corridors, stripping armour and weapons and putting them in a pile in the control room. She started with the white-cloaked one that she'd pushed off the panel before.

Sanguine
2010-09-26, 02:13 PM
Sun

Because you are an expert on Solar lifespans all of a sudden? Pro tip: there are ways for even mortals to have survived this long.

It takes you about two hours to strip all of the various corpses of their valuables and put them in a pile and another hour to get Lancelot inside the mine.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-09-26, 02:16 PM
Wings

Wings winked at her, and settled down at the hearth, beginning the meditation required to attune himself tothe Manse. Wings wasn't very good at meditation, but he knew enough to get it done.

I can't remember if a roll is required or not...

Once wings has finished the attunement proccess, he wanders out to help Sun with the bodies. When they finished, he looked over at her.

"Time to get going?"

Reynard
2010-09-26, 02:35 PM
"Yes, It'll be dark by the time we get there, which is just the way I like it."

She smiled. Home. Who knew how it had changed.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-09-26, 02:38 PM
Wings

Wings nodded. She was probably right, and Night was a good time for them to arrive. Harder to observe them.

"Alright, we best get moving then. The passenger seating isn't exactly quite as comfortable as the Manse, but it will do fine."

Reynard
2010-09-26, 02:48 PM
Sun jumped into one of the spare seats, whichever wasn't taken up by the armour, and got comfortable. Her battle armour shifted, hiding away under the light, flowing dress made of golden thread. She was going home, and she was going to make the best possible impression, not as some soldier or professional assassin, but as a woman who'd made something of herself while she'd been away.

She even let her hair free from its tie, something she'd done over the past two years only to bathe.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-09-26, 02:51 PM
Wings

Wings looked over at Sun, as he readied the machine for flight, a little bit suprised. He'd knew Sun could do it, but... well, she'd been so focused on being battle ready for the time she had spent with him...

"You look good with your hair down."

He smiled faintly. There was little he could do to change his appearance. Sun's mother would accept him, or she would not.

"Away we go..."

With that, the Warbird took flight once more.

Reynard
2010-09-26, 02:57 PM
She leaded over and pecked him on the cheek.

"Thank you."

She tried to work our what to do about her swords, and elected to hide them as best she could under the dress. It took some time, and gave Wings a fair amount of armoured leg to look at, but she was able to strap them so they hung upside-down from her waist. It would be quick to manuever and unsheathe them.

Dunno what the roll is, since it's not in Core, but I'll assume Dex+Larceny to conceal weapons.

[roll0]

Sanguine
2010-09-26, 03:07 PM
Sun and Wings

It takes a little over an hour for you to make your way to the Lap and make your way too The Fold; the neighborhood in which Sun grew up. As you make your way through the city you see several wanted posters with both of your faces on them. The charges for Sun consist of Murder, Treason, Breaking Indenture, and of course being Anathema. The charges for Wings are largely the same with the lack of Breaking Indenture. All of the posters are signed and sealed by all three Satraps and King Macotri and our offering a quite sizable bounty. However despite this noone seems to give you any trouble. Wether this is because they somehow don't recognize you, they agree with what you did, or they are just afraid is impossible to say.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-09-26, 03:11 PM
Wings

Wings looked over at Sun, as they walked through the neighborhood, chuckling as he went.

"They are still bent out of shape about that?"

He shook his head. They weren't here to play with the Dragonblooded.

"I suppose I'll wait outside at first. That way, you can..."

Wings finished lamely, not sure what Sun would want to do alone, but pretty sure there would be something.

Reynard
2010-09-26, 03:15 PM
"Seems so. I've changed a bit, new hairstyle and clothes, we should be safe for a time. The Hunt could be around, though."

She shook herself and walked up to her mothers door, then knocked.

Sanguine
2010-09-26, 03:22 PM
Sun and Wings

A few moments after Sun knocks on the door her mother opens it. At seeing you she seems taken aback for a moment but after that moment passes her faces splits into a huge loving smile and she embraces you. "Oh Shoilia you came back!" As Sun takes a moment too look at her mother she can see that she appears to be in much better health and is getting enough food. There are also several new wrinkles; somewhat surprisingly most of these seem too be smile lines.

Reynard
2010-09-26, 03:26 PM
"That I have, mother. How've you been since I... left?"

Sun notices the little details, but they don't tell her much. Maybe her mother has just been eating better without a daughter to support. Instead she smiles and hugs her mother back, but not too hard.

Sanguine
2010-09-26, 03:33 PM
Sun and Wings

"Well I have missed you terribly but aside from that things have been very well. The government has largely left me alone about the little event. As you know last year I turned forty-three and so my Indenture ended, with the help of some new friends I even managed to open my own Tea Shop. And don't worry about my reaction to your..change; my new friends have explained everything to me and I couldn't be happier about it. Please come in and bring your boyfriend with you, their are some people inside who would love too meet you."

Reynard
2010-09-26, 03:38 PM
Sun tensed, this could end badly. "Of course. But first, mum, this is Evar Daran." Her voice showed little of her worry.

She steps aside, letting her mother get a better look at Wings.

"He traveled with me since I... changed."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-09-26, 03:41 PM
Wings

Wings steppd forward. He was worried as well, but... well, he might only get to meet Sun's mother once. And he wasn't going to give up the chance.

"Evening Miss. I have a question for you when you get a moment, but please, I'm sure you and your daughter have plenty to discuss."

Wings gave her his biggest smile, and stepped back.

Sanguine
2010-09-26, 03:45 PM
Sun and Wings

Sun' mother smiles at Wings and says. "Hello Evar Daran. I must say you are much better looking in person the on you wanted poster."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-09-26, 03:46 PM
Wings

Wings chuckled, and winked at her.

"I knew I should have had them paint my good side. Oh well, I'm sure I'll give them another chance someday."

Reynard
2010-09-26, 03:47 PM
Taking his arm, Sun followed her mother further into the house, looking around to see what had changed and what had not.

Ganurath
2010-09-26, 07:25 PM
Nera was quick to follow Valken down from the podium, if only to remain close to him. As they walked, she put a reassuring hand on his shoulder and smiled at him, the expression showing a mix of approval and triumph.

Sanguine
2010-09-27, 10:42 AM
Sun and Wings

As Sun's mother takes you through the house both of you realize that the place is much better furnished then a house that might be more accurately called a hovel should be. There is nothing extravagant but everything is nice and in good repair. A noted difference from when Sun had been here last.

After roughly a minute she has brought you into what could only be called a room because it is slightly too wide to be a hallway and it doesn't go anywhere. Sitting in the 'room' are three individuals. One is a blond young man with a sword strapped to his waist and the look of someone who knows how to use it even though he is a Laplander; Sun recognizes him as Tever Marsune the grandson of the King. Another is a middle aged man with the look of a priest about him. The last is an elderly old woman in all black knitting something. Strangely it seems the little old lady holds everyone respect.

What is Sun's mother's name? Also can anyone guess what's going on?

Makoto, Nera, and Valken at Iron Raven's Manse, Malfeas. The 1st Day of Ascending Air

Calibration has ended and with it The Thing you all now sit around a large round table in the Manse at which Nera and Valken had been staying. Jeeves and all three of Iron Raven's children are their as well though Janequin is conspicuously absent. Various different First Circle demons are serving food and based on the way the keep looking at Jeeves and Iron Raven they would rather kill themselves then poison anyone present.

"So I imagine you will want to return too Creation soon. But before you leave I believe both Valken and Makoto expressed interest in talking too me."

DrakeRaids
2010-09-27, 11:24 AM
"Host retains numerous memories of First Age yes? Such time holds more then its share of curiosity for Self, and wondered if one may speak at length about certain subjects. In particular... Solar activates during the time prior to the usurpation. Self retains some memories from the time, some of which are disturbing. Curious to what Host may know of the events." Valken said, picking at the food carefully.

Reynard
2010-09-27, 12:08 PM
Sun and WingsWhat is Sun's mother's name? Also can anyone guess what's going on?

Alisse Mosigh. Mosigh is Sun's father's family name, which Alisse didn't have, being a slave.

Sun, felling ill at ease, smiled at the guests. This was most strange. Surely a prince didn't visit her mother every night? This couldn't be a coincidence.

And who was the woman wearing black?

Sun gave a small bow, and prompted Wings to do the same.

"Good evening. This is an unexpected find, I suppose you're the people who've been keeping my mother in good health without me? I must thank you, but I'd like to know why."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-09-27, 12:38 PM
Wings

Wings bowed curtly as well, but he was obvious ill at ease. If these gentleman made a threatening move, he'd have his bow drawn and pointed at their throat. This wasn't what he expected, and Wing's disliked suprises.

Green Bean
2010-09-28, 08:26 AM
"Yes, actually. I was hoping to talk to you about your manse and the technology within it. It's really fascinating, and while I think I understand the basics of what you did, I'd love to know more. Now, your workshop..." As Makoto babbles on about motonic resonance and the metaphysical importance of including trace elements of moonsilver, you can see the shape of the real person behind the Exaltation and the fear; a man driven towards knowledge, and eternally fascinated by the world around him.

Sanguine
2010-09-28, 10:27 AM
Valken, Nera, and Makoto

Smiling at Valken's roundabout questioning Iron Raven answers. "Perfect memories of a life that covered all of it in fact. And yes near the end we were all crazy enough too make Adorjan look sane by comparison. Which is odd because if I was still insane I wouldn't be able too recognize my own insanity would I? I have a couple of theories regarding that. But there is something important you need to realize, while we were all insane that wasn't necessarily bad. Sure some of the Solars were horrible sadists others insanities manifested themselves as caring too much about the world too make necessary decisions or in my case and a couple others paranoid isolationism. Also while Solars were the worst I noticed some small amount of insanity in the other Exalts as well."

At Makoto's questioning Iron Raven goes into an even more complex rant on motonic physics, the necessity of large use of jade, and the deva structure of Gaia and how it affects her geomancy that leaves even Makoto baffled. As the two defilers are talking both Athena and Alexander are furiously taking notes. Finally winding down from his long winded speech Iron Raven says. "You wouldn't mind indulging my curiosity about something, would you Makoto? Where did you get your gloves?"

Sanguine
2010-09-28, 10:35 AM
Sun and Wings

Tever looks as if he is about to answer when the old lady makes a gesture and he falls silent. Putting down her knitting the woman looks up at you and says. "Good evening to you Lady Shoila or would you prefer for me to call you Sun? As for why we helped Alisse, she is a well respected member of our organization and we take care of our own."

Green Bean
2010-09-28, 10:51 AM
Makoto looks down at his hands. "These? It's the strangest thing. There were these two strange beings-they seemed to actually be made out of moonsilver and orichalcum. There was...a fight, and I took these gloves from one of them; there's power within them, but I haven't been able to figure out how to tap it."

Sanguine
2010-09-28, 10:58 AM
Nera, Valken, and Makoto

Iron Raven's eyes dart back and forth as he mumbles thing no one can quite make out and even if they could they probably wouldn't understand. Finally having made all the mental connection he needs he replies. "Now I realize since it was a fight you probably didn't get a chance to ask but do you know where these people came from?" There is something almost pleading in the way he asks.

Green Bean
2010-09-28, 11:03 AM
Makoto hesitates for a moment, offput by Iron Raven's sudden desperation, but in the end decides honesty is the best option. "They came from Autochthonia, the world within the body of the lost Primordial Autochthon."

Sanguine
2010-09-28, 11:05 AM
Nera, Valken, and Makoto

Iron Raven just stands there smiling for several minutes before finally he regains himself and says. "Would you like me to tell you what those gloves do?"

Ganurath
2010-09-28, 11:07 AM
While the full signifigance over her head, the idea of people made of magic materials living inside a still-living Primordial is more than enough to make Nera do a spit-take.

Green Bean
2010-09-28, 11:08 AM
Makoto briefly glances over at Nera to make sure she isn't choking before replying. "I would appreciate that a great deal, yes."

Ganurath
2010-09-28, 11:12 AM
Nera holds up a hand to put Makato and the others at ease, taking another sip of her drink to affirm that she was fine.

Sanguine
2010-09-28, 11:17 AM
Nera, Valken, and Makoto

Iron Raven takes a few calming breaths before saying. "The gloves subtly alter the wearers anima. It is so subtle in fact the wearer won't realize what has happened until they stumble over the effects. The changes in the anima make it more harmonic allowing it to easily harmonize with any Magical Material. It was never designed to be used with Vitriol Tainted Magical Materials but it was also not designed to cut off any harmony already there. The net affect is that the wearer treats all Magical Materials as their natural materials except Vitriol tainted ones. However in or rather on the hands of someone who naturally resonates with Vitriol Tainted materials such as a Green Sun Prince or Akuma even that limitation disappears."

Reynard
2010-09-28, 11:17 AM
Sun and Wings

Tever looks as if he is about to answer when the old lady makes a gesture and he falls silent. Putting down her knitting the woman looks up at you and says. "Good evening to you Lady Shoila or would you prefer for me to call you Sun? As for why we helped Alisse, she is a well respected member of our organization and we take care of our own."

"Organization?" Sun asked, looking to her mother. "What organization? And Sholia is my name."

She perked her ears, listening to the words about to come, sorting through them, weighing how they spoke, checking for any lies or misdirection. Hey essence aided her, whispering the truth in her ears as she did so.

Activating Judges Ear Technique from personal.

So you don't need to look it up:
JUDGE’S EAR TECHNIQUE
Cost: 3m.
Mins: Investigation 2, Essence 1.
Type: Reflexive (Step 1)
Keywords: Combo-OK
Duration: One scene
Prerequisite Charms: Any Investigation Excellency

The Lawgivers are the guardians of truth.
This Charm allows the character to recognize as lies all deliberate lies presented to her. The character can also recognize the deliberate use of half-truths, though doing so does not tell her which part of the statement is true. If another Charm contests these effects (see p. 179), add the character’s Essence in automatic successes to the (Perception + Investigation) roll to oppose the other Charm.

Sanguine
2010-09-28, 11:19 AM
Sun and Wings

It is Alisse that answers. "Well... it is more a religion than organization really..." She studies her feet scrupulously as she says this and through your magic you can tell she is being completely honest.

Reynard
2010-09-28, 11:32 AM
"Okay, but what is it?" While saying this, she looks flatly at the woman in black.

Sanguine
2010-09-28, 11:34 AM
Sun and Wings

The woman in black replies nonchalantly. "Are you familiar with The Cult of the Illuminated."

Reynard
2010-09-28, 11:40 AM
"...yes. Well, I heard rumours of it." She sneaks a look to her mother, then back to the black-clad woman.

You fool, mum. You can be killed for believing that. When did it start, I wonder? The day I left?

Green Bean
2010-09-28, 11:41 AM
"Oh my." Makoto's mind races through the possibilities the gloves entailed. "I should make use of these. If I am to succeed, I will need more items of such power. Will you teach me how to make them?"

Sanguine
2010-09-28, 11:50 AM
Nera, Valken, and Makoto

Iron Raven sighs and says. "Even though I know how they were made I don't understand it. One of the curses of my new body is that I have near infinite wells of knowledge that my brain just isn't powerful enough to comprehend. If that changes however I would be more then glad to teach you." The tone of his voice suggests that what he meant by "if" was "when".

Green Bean
2010-09-28, 02:19 PM
"Oh." Makoto's tone is disappointed, but understanding. "Still, I would be honoured to learn whatever you can teach me, especially with regards to magitech and general crafting."

DrakeRaids
2010-09-28, 09:26 PM
"Does not mean to interrupt, but... Host said he had theories on matter? Self is curious about cause as well. Some lunars have suggested the inherent perfection of Lawbringers in imperfect world brings discord, though the relative stability of younger solars makes such a view problematic." Valken broke in curiously.

Sanguine
2010-09-29, 09:44 AM
Makoto, Nera, and Valken

"Ah I have heard that theory. However it fails to explain several important factors. First there is the fact that Ignis Divine showed no such madness, at least before the Primordial War. Second is the madness of the other Exalts. Third, even though young Solars are relatively sane they still show precursors to their madness; I however noticed none of these precursors during the Primordial War." Then turning back to Makoto Raven continues. "I would be more then glad to teach you what I can. However I don't plan on staying in Malfeas much longer; it's not the best environment to raise kids in after all."

Sanguine
2010-09-29, 09:59 AM
Sun and Wings

The woman in black picks back up her knitting and says offhandedly. "Well I can't say how accurate the rumors you have heard are. However we would request the aid of you and your Mate, Lady Shoilia."

Green Bean
2010-09-29, 10:07 AM
Makoto nods. "Of course. I certainly do not wish to tarry here."

Reynard
2010-09-29, 10:09 AM
Sun replies, smiling sweetly. "You have my attention. What do you want me for?"

DrakeRaids
2010-09-29, 10:13 AM
"From what do the Dragon Blooded suffer? Softness yes, but considering their station, what can be expected but weakness and decadence? We Lunars seem untouched as well. We may become... erratic by the full moon, but is it not logical that Luna's glory effect us so? The Solars madness seemed to be of a different sort." Valken mused.

Sanguine
2010-09-29, 10:25 AM
Sun and Wings

The woman nods to Tever Marsune and the Prince stands up. "Last year my grandfather passed away, the Satraps immediately had my cousin assassinated. An Assassin was also sent to kill me however the assassin failed. It would seem the Satraps have decided to end the Monarchy. This has forced me too move forward with a plan I was hoping not to have to use for several years. A Revolution, we want too drive the realm out of The Lap. We want you and you Mate as Anya calls him too eliminate as many of the dragonbloods as you can before the Revolution moves forward. We feel that without the assistance of the Terrestrials the Realm forces will be on equal footing with us."

Nera, Valken, and Makoto

Iron Raven turns to you anger filling his eyes and smacks down on the table. "You claim it's natural!?! My Mate an otherwise peaceful woman killed my little girl under the light of the Full Moon!! You call that logical!?! Do you think Luna would want that!?!" As their father erupts Athena, Alexander, and the infant burst into tears with Jeeves doing everything he can to comfort them.

Ganurath
2010-09-29, 10:29 AM
Nera rises slightly out of her seat, making a warding gesture for Iron Raven to ease off, and try to relax. "I'm fairly certain that Valken is meerly quoting the popular theory among his fellow Lunars. I can attest from personal experience that he takes issue with Exalts letting their passions make them a danger to others."

Reynard
2010-09-29, 10:30 AM
Sun's eyes widened. The idea was... ambitious, but he was at telling the truth. Or he thought he was. "...I could. How long do I... I mean 'we'... have?"

DrakeRaids
2010-09-29, 10:38 AM
"Maiden speaks truth..."

Valken said quietly, for a moment thinking back to his once, and only time broke under the full moon. When he exalted. When he came to, the other soldiers everywhere, himself covered in blood and who knows what else... Valken shivered. He had worked not to let himself lose control since, and if he did feel it welling within him, push it as far down as he could. Maybe Raven is right, could Lunar wish them to be monsters? Yet who could fathom her, even now?

"Self spoke of common theories among Lunars. Apologizes."

Sanguine
2010-09-29, 10:39 AM
Nera, Valken, and Makoto

Calming down Iron Raven continues in a contrite voice. "I apologize, it's a bit of a touchy issue. As for the Terrestrials it varies by Aspect and is not nearly as obvious as in the Celestial Exalted. It is however there and most of my observations are from before the Usurpation so I would say their current position might make it worse but is not in fact the root cause."

Sun and Wings

The prince considers for a moment before saying. "I think a couple of months is as long as we can keep our preparations secret. After that we will have to move forward."

Oh yeah forgot to mention this. Roll for Throwback.

Reynard
2010-09-29, 10:43 AM
"And do you know how many of them are in the city?"

8d10 vs diff 3.
If this is 2 or less, we are boned.

[roll0]

Sanguine
2010-09-29, 10:47 AM
Sun and Wings

The prince goes through a few mental calculations before saying. "I think about a hundred or so. Obviously the Satraps and those in the Legion are top priority."

DrakeRaids
2010-09-29, 10:49 AM
"Of course. But, if host finds fault with current theories, what must believe? Surely can see the problem, but without source, cannot find solution."

Reynard
2010-09-29, 10:53 AM
"...That's three or four a day. I think, think, that's doable. Who's the biggest of the bunch?"

Then she looked back at the obvious ringleader. "And besides a the goodness of my heart, why should I do this?"

Sanguine
2010-09-29, 11:01 AM
Nera, Valken, and Makoto

"My favorite theory is that something happened during the Primordial War. It altered all of us not just the Exalted but also the Incarnae. It makes sense if you think about it, the madness started after the war and both sides certainly messed up reality quite a bit. Whose to say what kinds of side effects either side could have caused. I mean after all both sides used weapons that are literally impossible now."

Sun and Wings

The woman looks at you with eyes like gimlets and says. "As Tever already said the Satraps and Legionaries are the most important targets. Which of those you go after first we leave up to you. As for why you should help us. First we have shown great kindness to your mother and it would be good of you to show kindness in turn. Second the Realm poses a threat to your mother as long as she is in with us. Last and most definitely not least I can supply you with the answer you are seeking."

Social Attack playing on your Motivation: ten successes.

Reynard
2010-09-29, 11:08 AM
"Ah. I see. You and me will need to have a private chat after this is done, won't we?"

Sun sighed, and her armour shifted back, emerging from under her dress to protect her whole body, her face obscured as plates and black silk flowed over it. Eventually, her head was covered, her face now a featureless black and gold mask.

"Let me talk with my Mate, privately."

Sun gave a short bow, merely a nod of her head, then steered Wings out of the room. She whispered in his ear. "What do you think?"

Tackyhillbillu
2010-09-29, 11:13 AM
Wings

Wings looked at Sun, and shrugged. The fellow was just a bit to careful, a bit to pat for Wings to be happy about this.

"I think there is more to this then they are revealing. On the other hand, that doesn't mean they aren't telling the truth."

Wings shrugged.

"You decision Sun. I'll stay by you no matter what it is."

Reynard
2010-09-29, 11:20 AM
"I think the prince is nervous because of us, Wings. And no, they haven't lied so far. I grew up here. The city would be better off without the Realm, and if we can rid them of DBs beforehand, it would be much more bloodless."

The armour over her mouth slid aside, and she gave him a quick kiss. "Thank you."

Heading back into the busier room, Sun nodded to Anya. "I'll help you. Do you know of any orgies taking place at the moment?"

Tackyhillbillu
2010-09-29, 11:27 AM
Wings

Wings followed Sun back into the room. He had his misgivings, but he would not abandon Sun. And the Orgy line caught him by suprise.

"Wait, what? fun and games is all good..."

DrakeRaids
2010-09-29, 11:57 PM
"Perhaps such is case." It certainly fit the facts as explained, he had never thought to look before the war for the insanity that plague the Sol- no, the Exalts as a whole. "Yet Makoto has spoken once, that Infernals do not act in such ways... Such true?""

Sanguine
2010-09-30, 09:42 AM
Sun and Wings

Anya doesn't even bat an eyelash. "I believe Satrap Peleps Tuchet is having one with some young boys from House Cynis at the moment. They are in the Satraps room in the palace at the moment with a large amount of hashish and alcohol."

Nera, Valken, and Makoto

"Well that's a little hard to prove conclusively since most Infernals are bat crap crazy to begin with; it's not the sort of thing most sane people agree too after all. Though Infernals is the wrong word in this case as it also includes the Akuma who I am almost certain they still suffer from their madness."

Sanguine
2010-09-30, 10:47 AM
Feathers

When you get to your rented home you find that your landlord has kept it exactly as you left it. Your landlord also tells you that there is a man waiting for you in the sitting room. "I told him you weren't here and I didn't know when you would be back but he was quite insistent that you would return soon. It would seem he was right."

Sorry Senrath I've been meaning to post this for days but it just kept slipping my mind.

Reynard
2010-09-30, 11:30 AM
Sun and Wings

Anya doesn't even bat an eyelash. "I believe Satrap Peleps Tuchet is having one with some young boys from House Cynis at the moment. They are in the Satraps room in the palace at the moment with a large amount of hashish and alcohol."

"Then we shall momentarily be joining them. Wings, feel like some fun?"

Ganurath
2010-09-30, 11:39 AM
Nera raised an eyebrow. Finally, an opportunity to learn the proper terminology! "Then what would the term be for non-Akuma Infernals? I'm pretty sure that that's what Valken meant, semantics aside."

senrath
2010-09-30, 01:10 PM
Feathers

"I've certainly encountered stranger things since I've been gone. I suppose I shall go see what he wants." Feathers said before heading to the sitting room. Who could be waiting for him there, since not even he had known he'd be returning on this day?

Entirely okay.

Sanguine
2010-10-01, 11:51 AM
Nera, Valken, and Makoto

"That would be Green Sun Princes. The name comes from the fact that our anima banners mimic many of the qualities of Ligier's light."

Feathers

Whatever you were expecting the man sitting in your sitting room is not it. He is quite easily fat enough to be called obese but small enough that he can move around without trouble. His clothes while fine silks and satins are horribly sweat-stained and rumpled. Finally rather then the aloof expression any mysterious visitor worth his salt should wear he is wearing one that appears to be a mix between worry and avarice.

Waving a hand covered in jewelry that beneath all of the tarnish you can just barely see would be worth a fortune the man calls to you. "You would be the Bounty Hunter correct? I have a business proposition for you."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-10-01, 12:46 PM
"Then we shall momentarily be joining them. Wings, feel like some fun?"

Wings

"Always, Sun."

He turned to Sun's mother however, first.

"Since it appears we will be going soon, I'd like to make a request. Would you mind terribly if I... well, married your daughter?"

Wings wasn't sure what the traditions of Lap were, in that regard. He just knew Sun would dissaprove of him trying to do it the was he would have back where he was from.

Reynard
2010-10-01, 12:52 PM
Sun did a double take. She was glad the helmet was up, so they couldn't see her shocked expression as she stared at Wings.

Sanguine
2010-10-01, 01:03 PM
Sun and Wings

Alisse is just as shocked as Sun. Stumbling over her own words she replies. "err...well...that's really her decision dear. I wouldn't oppose anything that would make my little girl happy."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-10-01, 01:04 PM
Wings

Wings inclined his head politely. He didn't know if he'd gotten it right, but at least he had tried to be traditional. He turned to Sun, and winked.

"Best we get going, then."

Reynard
2010-10-01, 01:16 PM
Sun, still dumbfounded, nodded in what was supposed to be a authoritative way, leapt out of the window and then up the short distance to the roof.

Wha- what the hell? This... I don't know.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-10-01, 01:18 PM
Wings

Wings followed Sun swiftly, leaping up after her, curious as to what her plan was.

"So what now, Sun?"

Reynard
2010-10-01, 01:28 PM
Sun spun round and slapped him across the face. It was a weak slap, at least for her, but it still would have knocked a mortal clean out.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-10-01, 01:30 PM
Wings

Wings looked at Sun, shocked. It wasn't so much that hurt, but that it was unexpected. He didn't think he had done anything to deserve being slapped.

"Ouch."

Reynard
2010-10-01, 01:38 PM
Sun stepped forwards, hand raised for another slap, then sagged, her arm dropping as though dead.

"What were- Why did you do that? Right then of all times?"

Tackyhillbillu
2010-10-01, 01:41 PM
Wings

Wings looked at her, trying to think of what she was refrencing.

"You mean asking your mothers permission? Because I don't know if I'll get another chance? I'm doing my best to do this whole thing properly."

Wings shrugged.

"Did I do it wrong? Back where I'm from, marriage is a bit... different, and I doubt you would approve. So I'm trying it what I'd been told is your way."

Reynard
2010-10-01, 01:50 PM
"Oh. Nonono! It's not that you asked," Sun said, mildly distressed. "It's that you asked right now, when we're about to go assassinate a load of pompous buffoons."

She turned away from him, staring up at the building that held their target, which was visible from near everywhere in the city.

"I need to be focused, but then you... agrh. Wings..." She trailed off.

"Look, let's... talk about this after we kill these people."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-10-01, 02:03 PM
Wings

Wings looked at Sun, not sure what had her all wound up.

"What, about us getting married? I wasn't planning on asking right now. I'll have to plan that out. I just wanted your mother's permission."

Reynard
2010-10-01, 02:13 PM
"I said after, Wings. After."

Sun bounded away towards the palace, over the rooftops.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-10-01, 02:17 PM
Wings

Wings sighed, taking the form of an Owl to flap after her, watching things carefully. And trying to figure out what Sun was thinking. Not that he was likely to succeed in the latter.

Oh well. I can live with getting slapped every once in a while.

senrath
2010-10-01, 09:44 PM
Feathers

"That I am." Feathers replied, rather suspicious that someone had tracked him to his home. He was usually quite discreet, and did his best to keep his bounty hunting career separate from his normal life.

Sanguine
2010-10-02, 11:50 AM
Feathers

The very fat man sighs. "Well I was hoping you would display more curiosity but oh well. I have been having some trouble with bandits. As you can probably tell I am a rather well off merchant; these ruffians" the way he says the word you would almost believe it was a curse word. "have been attacking my caravans. Now normally I would just hire some mercenaries too supplement my guards; and believe me it would be significantly cheaper then what I propose too pay you. However it would seem the ruffians count among their number several god-bloods rendering standard measures ineffective. My advisers however seem to think you can do something about them."

Sun and Wings

As you reach the palace you see that the entrance is guarded by several mortal soldiers, whether Lap Sepoys or Realm Legionaries you are too far away to say. Another possible route into the palace you see is an unguarded balcony a few feet above a nearby rooftop; easily within climbing distance. Finally you see several burly men carrying eggs and grains and various other foodstuffs in through a side passage. Unfortunately unlike many foolish rulers the Satraps did not neglect too guard the servant entrance; though it is not as heavily guarded as the front entrance.

Reynard
2010-10-02, 12:26 PM
Crouching on a roof top, Sun waved Wings down.

While she waited for him to land, she removed the golden dress and vanished from sight, her armour's cloak activating with not even a cliched 'woosh' sound.

She left the dress on the roof for Wings to collect, folding it into a small bundle before removing the essence she'd invested in it. It turned fairly solid, the magical silk hardening.

She spoke into the night, assuming Wings could hear her. "Look after this. I'm going to scout it out. Don't worry, I won't kill anyone unless it's a prime opportunity."

Then, invisibly, she leapt from her rooftop and approached ones nearest the balcony, moving swiftly and silently like only a Night Caste in full stealth armour could.

Activating the Cloak of the armour for 5 motes.

And stealth roll to avoid being noticed: [roll0]
Third Ex. In OoC. Another 5 motes, using Caste ability to stop it adding to anima.

Combat Block
Essence:
Permanent: •••
Personal: 12/17
Peripheral: 12/40 (Attuned: 21)

Dodge DV 8
Parry DV 7

Soak: 15B / 11L / 6A
Hardness: 4B / 4L

Health:
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ] [ ]
-2 [ ] [ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ]

Weapon:
>2x Short Daiklaves
Speed 2 | Accuracy 17 | Damage 11L | Rate 6 | Minimum Str • | Attune 6 | Tags - |

Hearthstones:
••••• Gem of Perfect Mobility: Halves the Speed of all actions except sorcery. In Bracers.
•• Monkey Stone: Doubles distance Jumps. In Amulet.

Motes Regained Per Hour: 15 (19 when not working hard)(23 when relaxing)(8 in Shadowland/Underworld)
10: ●●●●● Manse.
4: ●● Manse
1: Amulet

Tackyhillbillu
2010-10-02, 12:37 PM
Wings

Wings hooted indigantly. However, he was able to keep his eyes on Sun, even in this form, and settled down on the Roof Top, perching and keeping an eye out. While hooting occasionally in worry.

senrath
2010-10-02, 06:13 PM
Feathers

"Forgive me. It's simply that I try to keep my job and personal life separate, and yet you managed to connect the two. Still, I will probably take the job. What is the pay, and do you have any more information on said God-Blooded?" Feathers said, doing his best to keep his excitement from his face and voice. Finally, some good, solid information on bandits to work with. He'd probably take the job, even if the pay was insulting.

Sanguine
2010-10-03, 12:48 PM
Feathers

"Well as I said there are several of them. The leader is a young man who goes by title of "The Bandit Prince"; my occult adviser tells me he is most likely the son of the god of bandits Jing, the Bandit King. Aside from him I have very little information on the various half-mortals in the group. As for the pay they have proven a very large thorn in my side and I am willing to pay you quite handsomely. The exact amount depends on which currency you desire payment in: Jade, Silver, Cowrie Shells, or even objects of power from the Shogunate or possibly earlier? Plus of course full salvage rights."

Sun

You leap effortlessly up onto the balcony with barely a noise. The balcony leads to a rather sparse room with nothing in it but a rather small bed with a pale young girl sitting on it. The girl is looking right at you though looking is not the right word as she is quite obviously blind. "Who's their?"

Nera, Valken, and Makoto; The Tenth of Descending Air

It was on the fifth of Ascending Air that you all returned too creation. The trip through the endless desert was rather uneventful Iron Raven seeming too know the place like the back of his hand. Once on the other side you learned the Jeeves was in fact a spirit of some variety as in Creation he was immaterial, what type of spirit though he declined from saying. Iron Raven took you too a crystalline tower a small way north of the Lap for your training. The training has now ended.

senrath
2010-10-03, 01:09 PM
Feathers

Thinking things over, Feathers nodded. "I'd say objects of power would be most beneficial for the moment. Full salvage rights is also most appreciated."

Sanguine
2010-10-03, 01:16 PM
Feathers

The man smiles, a disgusting and revolting smile. "Good, good. I will send along my Occult Adviser to work with you on exactly which items you want and my Head of Intelligence to inform you of everything he currently knows about them. Tomorrow at noon good for you?" Without giving you even a second too respond he continues. "Good then it's all settled. Now if you will excuse me time is money and honestly you are costing me enough already." With that the man heads for the exit.

Reynard
2010-10-03, 01:34 PM
Sun moves over to the child, as silently as she can. She sits next the child, invisible, and speaks softly to her.

"A guest to the palace. I must apologize, I did not know this room was occupied. Who might you be, my dear?"

Sanguine
2010-10-03, 01:39 PM
Sun

The girl smiles and says. "I'm Alice. I'm waiting here until I get sent off too the Blessed Isle. They say they don't know whether or not the Great Houses will be interested in me though. On the one hand I Exalted very young showing strong blood. But on the other I'm blind and their is no room for weakness among the Great Houses. Or at least that is what they say."

Reynard
2010-10-03, 01:48 PM
Sun pondered. This good be a nice chance to learn some things about the goings on in the palace. She might not not have seen much, but who knew what she had heard? "You are blessed by the dragons? It is an honour to meet you, Alice. My name is Shoilia. May I ask your family name?"

senrath
2010-10-03, 01:48 PM
Feathers

"I find that...acceptable." Feathers said, mildly annoyed at the man's curt behavior, although it was something he'd come to expect. Those who hired bounty hunters generally think of themselves much more highly than the people they relied upon.

Sanguine
2010-10-03, 01:50 PM
Sun

The smile disappears from the girl face. "Don't got one... then with her earlier cheer she says. "But hopefully I will soon."

Green Bean
2010-10-03, 01:55 PM
Makoto spends the next couple of months alternating between nigh-incomprehensible discussions of motonic physics, deep meditations arranging his internal essence into increasingly complex forms, and putting together complicated magitech devices under Iron Raven's watchful eye. The secrets of Magitech opened to him, but he went even further. Before long, he had mastered the power of shape; to redefine the world, to purge unwanted changes to himself, and with effort, others. In the whirling heart of the Wyld, there are unlimited ever-shifting possibilities; it was simply a matter of collapsing the infinite into one. Iron Raven was a skilful tutor, and Makoto was a voracious learner. It had seemed like no time at all, but in truth it had been over three months.

With his training nearly complete, Makoto had invited Valken and Nera to spend a day out of Iron Raven's tower, ostensibly for a pleasant lunch and a bit of fresh air. However, as the tower grew out of sight, the scholar's caste mark appeared on his forehead, and he looked around suspiciously before speaking. "I think we have taken advantage of Iron Raven's hospitality long enough. We should discuss what to do next."

Makoto activates Essence Dissecting Stare with peripheral essence, just in case there are any dematerialized beings around.

Reynard
2010-10-03, 02:02 PM
"I wish you luck. How long have been living here?"

Ganurath
2010-10-03, 04:51 PM
"Well, my first instinct is to head back to the manse, make sure Valken wasn't the only one who was fortunate. Plus, thanks to being outted by the Silver Pact I can't exactly go back to Chiaroscuro." Nera sighs at this thought, looking at the ground. All those years of effort... Wasted. The Silver Pact had good intentions, so her response would be more symbollic revenge than tangible, but they were on the list with the Perfect.

Green Bean
2010-10-03, 05:39 PM
"I'm not sure how much of a welcome we'd get. You've seen how Wings is. If we admit to sitting down and chatting politely with demons, he'd probably try and kill us." Makoto sighed. "Still, the library in that place. And the workshop. And there's Sandsedge, too. With what I know about Magitech now, I could make it into a new Chiaroscuro."

Ganurath
2010-10-03, 06:00 PM
"Heh. A lofty goal, and a good one for the long-term, but between the Realm, the Silver Pact, the Loyalists, the Coven themselves if they survive..." Nera glances up in realization. That would draw a lot of attention. "...If my name comes up, we can add in the Perfect of Paragon to the list of reasons we need to consolodate our resources before making any huge moves."

Green Bean
2010-10-03, 06:15 PM
Makoto chuckled. "Look on the bright side. Most of them would probably want you dead even if they didn't know you personally."

"Anyway, sort of 'huge moves' are you planning to make? I mean, I know you've got a knack for diplomacy, and aren't too fond of the Perfect. Are you after revenge?"

Ganurath
2010-10-03, 07:00 PM
"Revenge, closure... I can't get my parents back, or the years spent running from him." Nera sighs again. She realizes that she's going that a lot, and should probably stop. "As for plans, what I ultimately want is to make it so that the people I care about here in the South can't be hurt by tyrants and murderers. Initially I figured I'd do that by rising to the top in Chiaroscuro and working from there, but between being outted and the political checks neccesary to accomodate the oath, I'll have to take a different approach."

Green Bean
2010-10-03, 07:29 PM
Makoto half smiled. "We seem to want the same things, ultimately. The world's a corrupt place, and it's the little people getting hurt. I suppose I just have my sights set a little lower, metaphysically speaking."

Sanguine
2010-10-04, 09:09 AM
Sun

The little girl without a second of thought says. "I've been her for three weeks now. There is some trouble in the Inland Sea so my ship too the blessed Isle was delayed."

Reynard
2010-10-04, 11:06 AM
"That's unfortunate. Have they been treating you well?"

Sun heard the Survivor muttering something in the back of her mind, but suppressed it. Revenge was all well and good, provided it was directed at the right sources.

DrakeRaids
2010-10-04, 11:22 AM
"Do not begrudge Pact, sometimes foolish, yes, but making enemies of them is fair more trouble then possibly worth." Valken paused as gear twisted and turned in his mind, "However, mentioning such brings memories to self of old talks. Silver Pact occasionally run nations behind scenes for various purposes, called River projects. Perhaps we could begin one of own? Running from behind scenes would keep Maiden from breaking oath, remaining in the shadows to aid and guide. May allow us to gain resources to use towards other goals as well as creating safe haven in long run."

Valken also made a note about Nera mention of her parents, something to ask about later he supposed. Either way, getting out of Malfeas waswelcome. First thing he need to do was take a long, cold bath in a spring somewhere. Get this taint off him.

Sanguine
2010-10-05, 10:28 AM
Sun

"Uh huh, they give me three meals a day and I get a bed. It's also really warm in this room." From Sun's point of view as far as room go this one isn't especially warm; it doesn't even have a fireplace. The open air balcony in the middle of winter doesn't help either.

Feathers

The day comes and passes. Rose takes the opportunity too take a bath and buy a change of clothes. The meeting is now taking place Rose sitting beside you in her new dress. The "Occult Adviser" as the man had called him was a scruffy little man with a full beard and the appearance of not having washed in week; he also is carrying several dossiers. The "Head of Intelligence" on the other hand looks quite well washed and is in a fine suit and has no documents. They are both Eastern though only the Occult Adviser shows any hint of an accent.

Setting his papers on the table the Occult Adviser clears his throat and says. "Do you ha' any particular preferences?

Green Bean
2010-10-05, 10:43 AM
Makoto nodded his agreement. "Taking power behind the scenes would be the best way to do it. But I think that first we should return to Sun's manse. If Nera can persuade her we're on her side, the information and artifacts within would be invaluable."

Reynard
2010-10-05, 11:20 AM
They must have plucked her from the slums. Poor girl. She was probably nothing more than a bargaining chip. Her hands curled into fists and the thought of it. It was too similar to slavery.

"Alice, what do you know about what happens in the rest of the palace?"

Ganurath
2010-10-05, 11:25 AM
Nera didn't want to bring up the possibility, but she felt it needed mentioning. "And if Sun never got back from Zhao's teleport blast?"

DrakeRaids
2010-10-05, 11:30 AM
Valken paused, she had a point, but there was nothing they could do about it if it was true. They would simply find themselves out of some artifacts, and a potential ally later. "Not much can accomplish on that end. Only arrive and find out. If she did not survive manse likely closed to us, and we will go on as we would before."

Green Bean
2010-10-05, 11:30 AM
"Then I use what I have learned from Iron Raven and see if we can't get in anyway. And if that fails? We go forth without it. But Sun's...tenacious. I doubt that blast would stop her."

senrath
2010-10-05, 03:24 PM
Feathers

"Weaponry or armor is what I'm looking for at the moment. Anything that increases my effectiveness in combat." Feathers said, glancing over the two men in front of him. He wasn't sure what he could get out of them, but he hoped it would be of at least moderate power.

Sanguine
2010-10-06, 09:48 AM
Sun

"Well, lots. Satrap Ragara Aloru goes out regularly too gamble. Satrap Peleps Tuchet has parties regularly." The way she says the word it is quite clear she knows exactly what happens during those parties. "I believe he is having one right now. Satrap Chathak Sijip doesn't do anything like that except for the embezzlement; they all do that."

Feathers

The grubby man begins tearing through his stacks of paper then after several minutes he emerges from what could now only be called a hill of papers. "Have you heard of the Crimson Bow?"

Reynard
2010-10-06, 09:59 AM
Pigs. Well, I knew that already, but if they're so brazen about it... This will just be more enjoyable than necessary.

Sun put one hand on the girls shoulder. "Where did you come from, Alice?"

Ganurath
2010-10-06, 10:05 AM
Nera nodded. So, the first priority was getting back to the manse. "I'm guessing we'll need to get ready for such a trip across the desert, then, unless you gentlemen can think of any reason to linger around the Lap."

Green Bean
2010-10-06, 10:11 AM
Makoto shook his head. "I haven't learned all I can from Iron Raven, but to do so would take more time than we have. We should prepare to leave as soon as we can."

I think we're ready for a timeskip/scene change.

Sanguine
2010-10-06, 10:12 AM
Sun

"Well before I came here to the palace I lived at Northleg." The way her voice begins to quaver as she continues the next part is not a happy memory. "I wandered the streets scrounging for food. Then a little over three weeks ago on my eighth birthday a drunken man tried to f-f-force himself on me, that's when th-th-the dragons..." After that she collapses into tears. What she said was quite intriguing on one point however. She was eight when she Exalted even you know it's unheard of for someone to exalt before the age of ten.

Reynard
2010-10-06, 10:17 AM
Sun hugged the poor girl, the plates of her armour shifting around so the girl didn't feel them. "It's okay, child. I know what it must have been like. I had a similar life before I was given power."

I can't let her stay here. She's going to be nothing but a source of children to the Realm. Should I take her?

senrath
2010-10-06, 04:27 PM
Feathers

"Nope. What does it do?" Feathers said, his interest piqued. Whatever this artifact was sounded like it was at least useful, and potentially a better bow than the one he was currently using.

Sanguine
2010-10-07, 09:49 AM
Feathers

His voice dripping with sarcasm the Occult Adviser explains. "Well after 'The Great Uprising' the "Holy Terrestrial Host' burned many of 'The Vile Texts of the Anathema'." Then without the sarcasm he goes on. "Because of this our research has been quite hampered. Despite my protests the research department has no Enlightened individuals so we have been unable too do any hands on research either. However we do know that it dates back to the early First Age of Man possibly even before and that the owner of the bow was named Ai. We also know that a buyer from House Ledaal has offered Seventy-Five talents of Jade as an opening bid on it. Why the Master approved such a valuable piece as possible payment for you I have no idea."

In case anyone is wondering Seventy-Five Talents of Jade is more then five time the average annual income of a someone with Resources 5.

Sun

Alice just sits there sobbing into your shoulder. After a few moments she pulls back so she can speak and says. "Y-y-y-you're Exalted too?"

Sanguine
2010-10-07, 10:33 AM
Nera, Valken, and Makoto

At your request for aid in your travel Iron Raven agrees. Leaving his children in the care of Jeeves he begins casting a spell. After several moments of green and red lights mixing together at his gestures form begins to take shape. Shaped from his mighty essence stands a crystalline chariot of glass pulled by equine automatons made from the same glass. Surrounding the chariot and horses are pale white flames like that in the orbs of She Who Lives in Her Name. The flames feel heat-less to your touch but by the way Jeeves warns the Children away from the chariot you would guess the same does not hold true for everyone.

Once you are all inside the chariot Iron Raven takes hold of the surprisingly flexible glass rains and urges the horses onward. At Iron Ravens urging the automatons gallop forth running along the air as easily as ground. After mere moments the land is just a vague blur several hundred yards beneath you and even the Penitent of the Lap is begins to dwindle.

Faster then any of you can believe landmarks fly past; at least those that are visible from this distance above the ground. Within an hour Iron Raven pulls on the rains bringing the chariot to a stop on the ground in front of the Manse. With a huge grin on his face Iron Raven looks at you and says. "That was fun!"

Reynard
2010-10-07, 11:08 AM
Sun

Alice just sits there sobbing into your shoulder. After a few moments she pulls back so she can speak and says. "Y-y-y-you're Exalted too?"

"...I am. I'll let you guess what aspect."

Sun smiles, and takes one of Alice's hand in her own. "It was nice to meet you, Alice. I have to attend to my other business here, but I'll come and see you again soon." Sun stood away from the girl, adn made her way to the only exit, her armour's cloak still up, as it had been through out the talk with the girl.

senrath
2010-10-07, 12:43 PM
Feathers

Thinking it over for a moment, Feathers nodded. It was a bow, it was valuable, and it was probably a potent artifact. "That sounds perfectly acceptable."

Sanguine
2010-10-08, 12:10 PM
Sun

Outside the door is a hallway with several doors on both walls. To your left the hall continues on for about thirty feet before ending in a T. To your right the hall continues for fifty feet before ending at a window. As you step outside the door you hear the sound of armored feet marching toward the hall.

Feathers

With that matter settled the "Head of Intelligence" looks to you and says. "Ask me any questions you wish about the bandits and I will answer to the best of my ability."

senrath
2010-10-08, 12:16 PM
Feathers

"First, what are their numbers? And other than their leader, is there anyone in particular I need to watch for?" Feathers asked, turning to face the "Head of Intelligence."

Reynard
2010-10-08, 12:18 PM
Sun moved carefully, moving up the hall towards the sound of marching feet. She wouldn't be seen with her armour working, but she drew her swords in preparation anyway.

Sanguine
2010-10-08, 12:33 PM
Feathers

"We aren't certain on their numbers though my agents believe it is around 150, of those at least half are god-bloods of some variety. As for people to watch out for their is Prometheus who is The Bandit Prince's right hand man. We are currently unsure of his parentage though it is definitely powerful. The other major person to watch out for is Ares, he holds no actual rank in the organization but he is exceedingly dangerous."

Sun

The sound of marching feet comes from five guards on patrol. Four of the five are pretty standard guard fare the leader however isn't. He is a huge man both in height and build, his skin is the gray-white of granite and his hair the brown of freshly turned loam. Quite possibly the thing most striking about him are his eyes, powerful predatory eyes. If there was any doubt in your mind that he was Exalted the giant scythe of white jade he carries dispels it.

Reynard
2010-10-08, 12:44 PM
Sun watched them pass, staying clear not to bump into any of them. One they were gone, she kept going the way they'd come from, mapping it in her mind.

Sanguine
2010-10-08, 12:56 PM
Sun

The dragon-blood passes inches from you and stares right at you. Just as you think he has somehow caught you he shakes his head and continues down the corridor. As you head down the corridor the way they you find that it is largely free of any rooms until you come to the end at which is a rather large door.

Reynard
2010-10-08, 01:01 PM
Sun had a crazy idea. She knocked on the door.

Pressing up against a wall, she waited for it to open.

Green Bean
2010-10-09, 01:41 PM
Makoto takes a deep breath, but was unable to fully conceal his exhilaration. "Thank you, Iron Raven. It was most...fortuitous that you were able to get us here so quickly."

Briefly, he ducks inside the manse's entrance. "Hello? Is there anyone here? Sky?"

senrath
2010-10-09, 06:41 PM
Feathers

"Okay, so there are at least 75 god-blooded to deal with. Good to know. Of Prometheus and Ares, what is known about their capabilities?"

Sanguine
2010-10-10, 02:01 PM
Feathers

"Little is known about Prometheus, he is most definitely a Thaumaturge and as I already said he has powerful blood. Aside from that the fact that most of our spies investigating him never return is all we know. Ares we know more about; in battle he is known to enter a powerful fury his entire body turning red. In this state he experiences a significant power boost and has been known to slay more then 30 men in an hour. He is also preternaturally gifted with the sword."

Can anyone guess Ares supernatural Parent? I'll give you a hint his name is a clue.

Makoto

As you call out his name Sky appears. "Hello Makoto. I am quite glad to see you are safe. Did you find Valken?"

Green Bean
2010-10-10, 02:03 PM
"Yes, he's back and healthier than ever. Is Sun in?"

senrath
2010-10-10, 08:54 PM
Feathers

"Well that's problematic. No matter, I'll find a way to handle things. And if I don't, well, I'll be dead and you won't have to pay me. Last question that I can think of for now. Do you know where they are currently situated, or will I simply be tagging along with a caravan and waiting for it to be attacked?" Feathers said, thinking things over. He needed back-up for this one, and he wasn't sure that Rose would be enough. Against that many mortals he'd be confident, but god-blooded posed a problem.

Ganurath
2010-10-10, 09:09 PM
Nera glanced at Iron Raven. Well, now seemed as good of a time as any to address the elephant in the room. Well, the desert, but this elephant was to scale all things considered. "Not that it hasn't been appreciated, but... Why are you helping us?"

DrakeRaids
2010-10-11, 12:09 AM
"Self is here." Valken said, glancing back at Iron Raven, curious at his answer to Nera's question. The infernals aid was certain unexpected, if not unwelcome. What did the man have to gain from this?

Sanguine
2010-10-11, 09:52 AM
Makoto, Nera, and Valken

Sky answers Makoto's question immediately. "Lady Sun is not here. She left on a trip to a place called the Lap some time ago."

Hearing this Iron Raven smiles. "Well isn't that one hell of a coincidence." When Nera asks her question Iron Raven turns to her and says. "Several reasons: First and foremost I am genuinely a nice guy. Second I believe myself and Makoto share a common goal. Third Athena and Alexander like you two."

Feathers

The man smiles. "That is in fact one area where my agents have been successful. Their main base of operations is a Fire Aspected Manse to the East of here. I have marked the location for you on this map." With that he gives you a to scale map of the Delzahn Empire.

Sun

Shortly after you knock on the door it opens and a fat mortal guard sergeant opens the door. Seeing that there is no one around he mumbles to himself and make to go back inside what is revealed to be the barracks.

Reynard
2010-10-11, 10:21 AM
Sun held her breath and leapt over his head, flowing like water through the gap between the fat man and the top of the door frame. She kept her momentum, careful not to knock his noggin, and swung up to balance on her palms in the inch of space that was the bit of door-frame that stuck out from the wall.

Stunting Dex Athletics to get over:[roll0]

And activating Graceful Crane to keep balance.

EDIT: *expletive*

Reynard
2010-10-11, 10:42 AM
Perched above the door, Sun examined the room with eyes sharper than a hawks, letting nothing escape her notice.

Per+Aware: [roll0]

senrath
2010-10-11, 04:44 PM
Feathers

"Thank you." Feathers said, looking at the map he had just been given. "Well, I think that's everything I was wondering. Unless you thought of anything else that I should know."

DrakeRaids
2010-10-12, 02:03 AM
Valken looked at Raven curiously, but did not vocalize any doubts, simply nodded respectfully and turned back to the manse. Whatever he's real reasons where he was glad to have him as an ally for now. It was important to be ready for anything though, anything at all.

"Lady Sun grant as access to manse Sky?"

Sanguine
2010-10-12, 10:24 AM
Nera, Makoto, and Valken

"Lady Sun told me to allow you and Nera inside but not into the lower levels. She made no mention of Makoto though extrapolating from previous conversations between her and her Mate I would presume she does not want him in."

Listening too this carefully Iron Raven asks. "Do you guys need anything from the lower levels?"

Feathers

"That is all."

Sun

Their are roughly twenty guards in the barracks. They are all fully armored and carrying weapons. Several of them appear to be on break drinking coffee and chatting inanely. For the most part they seem too be crack troops their are however a few older members who only seem too be their because they know nothing else; the fat sergeant being one of those. Their appear too be no Dragon-Bloods in the barracks. Also due to the size of the barracks and number of lockers you would say that more then twice the number of guards in the barracks are on patrol.

Ganurath
2010-10-12, 10:32 AM
Nera shrugs, looking at the others a moment before turning her attention back to Iron Raven. "I wouldn't know. What'd be in the lower level?"

Sanguine
2010-10-12, 10:40 AM
Nera, Makoto, and Valken

"Well the first lower level is the library. The level directly below that is my workshop and store of artifacts. There is nothing below that except earth."

Green Bean
2010-10-12, 10:41 AM
Makoto sighed. Of course they would have been in the Lap the whole time. Still, if there was a chance he could access the library again... He turned to Iron Raven. "I don't suppose you could override Sky and let me in?"

Sanguine
2010-10-12, 10:45 AM
Nera, Makoto, and Valken

Iron Raven smiles and replies. "Why in fact I could. Their was no actual order given this is purely his own judgment. However if you want in to the lower levels that is a little trickier though I can do that too."

senrath
2010-10-13, 03:52 AM
Feathers

"Alright then. Is there any way I should get in contact with you when I've finished the job, or will you just know?"

DrakeRaids
2010-10-13, 08:06 AM
"Self..... Lady Sun may find herself irked if orders directly ignored." Valken pointed out with a shake of his head. "Perhaps best to wait. While artifacts in lower area may prove useful, not worth complications that may arise from Suns anger. Mayhaps we can access such at later date."

Ganurath
2010-10-13, 10:35 AM
"So long as the bedrooms are accessable, I can wait." Nera blows some idle strands of hair out of her face. Her position wasn't unreasonable, considering that tonight would be the first time she slept in a bed without a favor attached since she was a child.

Green Bean
2010-10-13, 10:41 AM
"But the books..." Makoto recalled Sun's terrifyingly calculated impatience, and the way Wings had looked down the shaft of his arrow at him. "No, you are right. The lower levels can wait for now. Sky, I don't suppose there's any way for us to contact Sun?"

Sanguine
2010-10-13, 10:45 AM
Makoto, Nera, and Valken

Sky pauses for a second before saying. "She is carrying a Prayer Transceiver Module, however the other one is in my lowest level."

Iron Raven takes this all in before saying. "Sky let Makoto in. Now unless their is something else you need I would like to get back to my children."

Feathers

"We'll contact you."

Ganurath
2010-10-13, 10:51 AM
Nera ponders a few seconds, then shakes her head. "I thought maybe we'd ask you to tell Sun we're at the manse if you saw her in the Lap, but if she finds out about what happened to your Exaltation she'd stop trusting us too in such a situation."

Green Bean
2010-10-13, 10:54 AM
"I do not believe there is anything else we require." Makoto bows low in a gesture of respect to his teacher. "Thank you again for your help. We could not have done this without you."

DrakeRaids
2010-10-13, 11:08 AM
Valken turned and simply gave Raven a slight nod, a respectful, accepting one if a tad wary. Thanking an infernal, who would have thought he'd see the day? "Self offers thanks as well. Has been true ally." It would be good to be able to sit back in the manse though, unwind at last, without worry about someone trying to kill him.

Reynard
2010-10-13, 11:15 AM
Sun dropped down, removing the poisonless dagger from it's sheath, and moved through the ranks, slicing the leather bonds that held the amour on to the guards. She only cut targets she could easily get at, and only only or two per guard, but it would be enough to lower their performance.

Dex+Stealth.[roll0]
Dex+Larceny. [roll1]

Ganurath
2010-10-13, 12:14 PM
Nera nods agreement with the others, giving Iron Raven a polite bow. "I hope the next time we meet will be under less... political circumstances."

senrath
2010-10-13, 08:16 PM
Feathers

"Alright, then. Nice doing business with you." Feathers said, standing, and waiting for the men to show themselves out. He needed to talk with Rose, and he didn't want them around for it.

Sanguine
2010-10-14, 10:31 AM
Sun

You manage to sabotage the armor of most of the guardsmen. The effects of this will not be immediately apparent however after some stress on the straps-such as combat-they will break.

Nera, Makoto, and Valken

Iron Raven nods his head before jerking on the glass reigns and sending his chariot speed the way you came.

Feathers

The men take the hint and excuse themselves. Or rather the head of Intelligence takes the hint and then convinces his companion that it is time too leave.

Reynard
2010-10-14, 11:09 AM
Sun manuevered around the room, waiting for the chance to present itself. When it finally did, she stuck her foot in the path of the fat sergeant, causing him to fly sprawling into the coffee pot. Distraction caused, she rushed from the room, closing the door behind her.

Ganurath
2010-10-14, 11:15 AM
Nera smiles, giving Iron Raven a polite wave goodbye before nodding her head in the direction of the manse. "Well, Makato, Valken and I haven't actually been inside the manse beyond the initial entrance area. Perhaps a tour of the area we have access to is in order?"

Green Bean
2010-10-14, 11:30 AM
Makoto gives a wry smile. "Honestly, I didn't see much more myself. Sun just tossed me into the library and told me to get translating. Quite literally. Fortunately, I know enough about First Age manses and magitech to figure it out as we go along."

senrath
2010-10-14, 07:49 PM
Feathers

Once the men had left, Feathers turned to Rose. "So, how far in over my head do you think I've gotten?"

DrakeRaids
2010-10-15, 07:57 AM
"Wise Sky will no doubt aid us in such endeavor, correct Sky?" Valken said with a smile, approaching the doorway. He was curious just what facilitates this place had, beyond a mere library. First age manses like this where legends in the pact.

Sanguine
2010-10-15, 04:21 PM
Sun

The resulting clamor from the fat seargent's fall cause enough of a distraction that no-one notices the door close. Or at least no-one on that side. Directly in front of you is the Earth Aspect guard. "I know you're their. Show yourself."

Feathers

Rose shakes her head like you just said the sky is purple. "We're Exalted. We can handle it."

Nera, Makoto, and Valken

"I would be more then willing to aid you in any way you may desire."

Green Bean
2010-10-15, 04:50 PM
"Excellent. Could you start by showing us around the upper levels?"

Reynard
2010-10-15, 05:37 PM
Sun laughed internally, and kicked the door open with one leg, leaping back then swinging up to the position she'd taken the last time she'd gone through it.

Holding her balance with only one hand, she waited for the Dragon-Blooded to chase after where he thought she'd gone.

Dex+Athletics [roll0]+any stunt

senrath
2010-10-16, 02:18 AM
Feathers

"Even Exalts can be overwhelmed by large numbers of opponents. Still, we can always run if things start to go south." Feathers said, stretching and letting his eyes wander around the room. If Rose felt they could do it on their own he felt much better about things. And it wasn't as if he actually knew anyone he could ask for help.

Sanguine
2010-10-16, 01:33 PM
Sun
1 die stunt recover 2 motes

The earth aspects eyes lock onto you as you move suddenly. "So that's where you are. Shut down your invisibility and I won't have to hurt you."

DrakeRaids
2010-10-16, 02:26 PM
Valken nodded, "Yes, does such manse have kitchen? Bedrooms would be appreciated as well."

Sanguine
2010-10-16, 02:50 PM
Nera, Makoto, and Valken

"Their are several bedrooms. Their is no kitchen as such however there is a garden that automatically prepares the food it grows."

Reynard
2010-10-16, 02:51 PM
Sun said nothing.

She arched her back, and swung smoothly from her perch, launching herself down the corridor at an incredible rate. She hit the ground a good few feet away from the door, and began a dash to Alice's room. She did this with such speed and silence, the Dynast would be left staring at the door frame for the next hour or so, depending how long it took for him to get bored.

Um. Okay, Sun's Str+Athletics comes out at 9, or 11 if the +2 from the suit applies here, so that 18 or 22 yards horizontal.
Monkey Stone doubles that, to 36 or 44.
Dash speed is 20 yards (6+Dex*2) per tick.

Dex+Stealth: [roll0]+Any stunt, to avoid his notice that I've gone.

DrakeRaids
2010-10-16, 02:57 PM
"Directions if you would?"

Self preparing food? That would be a sight to see indeed, assuming it was functional. This manse had been left for a long time, there was no telling what shape some of its facilities was in.

Sanguine
2010-10-16, 03:12 PM
Sun

The Earth Aspect seems not to notice your leaving however from around the corner you here him order. "We've got an intruder. Spread out and see if their are any others. At least the one I spotted is invisible so focus on sound and any weird disturbances in the air. If you see any of the others out on patrol tell them the same. Darik you watch the door frame that's were the intruder is I'm going to go make sure Alice is safe." Surprisingly you hear no complaining not even from Darik only the sounds of marching feet.

Nera, Valken, and Makoto

At Valkens request a pathway of golden lights illuminates on the floor.

Reynard
2010-10-16, 03:31 PM
Sun stopped running when she heard the orders, and turned, swords drawn, to head back to the barracks. Rounding the corner, she flung herself though the air, sailing as silent as a ghost, swords held ready.

She skimmed past the mortal soldiers, on a collision course with the Earth aspect, and hit him, blades first. Her swords went for the gaps in the armour, for the joints and his face.

Chaarge. Going for an unexpected attack here, so:

Dex+Stealth: [roll0]

And two melee attacks, one with each sword. Spending 5motes on the 1st excelency, 2 for the fist attack and 3 for the second.
[roll1]
[roll2]
Base damage: 10+Extra Sux.

Green Bean
2010-10-16, 03:37 PM
Makoto follows the glowing lights, glancing into the other rooms as he passes by, and asking Sky about any of them that he does not recognize.

Sanguine
2010-10-16, 03:44 PM
Sun

Your swords slice their way into his flesh tearing and rending as the go. As he lies in a ppol of his own blood he looks desperately at the mortal guards and croaks. "Protect my sister..." With that the life fades from his eyes and he lies completely still.

Hearing his final words the assembled guards head down the hallway toward Alice's room. The only exception is the young man named Darik about fourteen who runs off in another direction saying. "I'll go get Jor."

Reynard
2010-10-16, 03:54 PM
Sun follows behind the boy, swords drawn, keeping silent. The instant this Jor fellow appeared, she would act. Her feet don't even disturb what little dust lies on the floor, and not even her breathing is audible.

Dex+Stealth: [roll0]+Any Stunt

Ganurath
2010-10-19, 11:36 AM
"Is that leading to the garden or the bedrooms?" Nera perked a brow, curious as to whether or not the bedrooms in an untainted manse compared to the accomodations Iron Raven had been providing. That, and the matter of her not having slept in a bed without some form of business partnership since... Did a pile of straw covered in sack cloth count as a bed? "Food is good, but right now... Well, I'd just like to see where the bedrooms are."

Sanguine
2010-10-19, 06:32 PM
Nera, Valken, and Makoto

After Nera finishes a new path of lights appears these ones silver. "The gold path leads to the garden the Silver to the bedrooms."

Sun

After several minutes following the young man he comes too a stop. You are on the ground level in what appears too be a large overly posh room of miscelaneous purpose. Lazing about on a comfotable looking chair is a man who assumedly is Jor. Resting on the man's lap is a powerbow of green jade.

Bowing awkwardly Darik says unceratainly. "Er, uhm Jor. Their is an er invisible intruder..." Jor does not seem at all interested in this. "...they uhm killed Kaian." This however he sends immediate anger into Jor's eyes. Jumping to his feet he draws back his bowstring and lets an arrow fly.

Seeing this Darik falls to the ground sobbing something about not shooting the messenger. You can however see that the arrow isn't heading for him; it's flying straight toward you.

[roll0] -2 External Penalty due to your armor.

Ganurath
2010-10-19, 06:56 PM
Nera glances at the two men, giving them a quick wave goodbye before running along the silver path. Finally, after everything that's happened, an actual opportunity to unwind. "You'll know where to find me!"

Green Bean
2010-10-19, 07:07 PM
Makoto looked over at Valken and shrugged as Nera ran off. "Sky, is there any First Age research material that I am permitted to access?"

Sanguine
2010-10-19, 07:40 PM
Makoto and Valken

"Any such material would be in the Library which you are not allowed to enter."

You pass by very few sights on your way to the garden the sights that you do pass however are quite spectacular. First is the bathroom, not exactly the grandest architecture in the world but a good example of Magitech put to mundane problems. The next sight is a grand room with a long table. All along the way are tapestries of such exquisite work that even one could buy a small kingdom. Finally you come to the Garden.

It is a magnifcent sight, lined by green jade are rows upon rows of every edible plant either of you have ever seen and several that you highly suspect haven't been seen by living eyes since the Balorian Crusade. Flying through the air the ripened fruits and vegetables and grains are sliced and diced and any number of other things including cooked with no apparent cause before being placed upon plates of green jade.

The grandeur of it is spoiled however by the sight and smell of a mountain of rotted food upon green jade plates. It is quite clear that the Manse didn't stop preparing food despite the fact that no-one has eaten any for the past fifteen centuries.

Nera

The silver path eventually leads you too a wing of the manse entirely comprised of bedrooms. Their are thirteen in total each furnished with large canopied beds as well oaken desks and dressers. Two of the bedrooms stand apart however. Their furniture is all gilded with orichalcum and upon the marble walls rest magnificent tapestries. The beds are also bigger.

Green Bean
2010-10-19, 07:52 PM
Ironically enough, the sight of the garden caused Makoto to completely forget about his appetite. Instead, he makes a beeline for the plants themselves and the miraculous device preparing them for consumption. He takes an especially careful look at the several unfamiliar plants, quizzing Sky closely about crop times, necessary climates, and their water needs. Even in a desert environment like the South, agriculture would always be important.

Reynard
2010-10-19, 11:42 PM
Sun

After several minutes following the young man he comes too a stop. You are on the ground level in what appears too be a large overly posh room of miscelaneous purpose. Lazing about on a comfotable looking chair is a man who assumedly is Jor. Resting on the man's lap is a powerbow of green jade.

Bowing awkwardly Darik says unceratainly. "Er, uhm Jor. Their is an er invisible intruder..." Jor does not seem at all interested in this. "...they uhm killed Kaian." This however he sends immediate anger into Jor's eyes. Jumping to his feet he draws back his bowstring and lets an arrow fly.

Seeing this Darik falls to the ground sobbing something about not shooting the messenger. You can however see that the arrow isn't heading for him; it's flying straight toward you.

[roll0] -2 External Penalty due to your armor.

Sun twitched her head to one side, letting the arrow sailing past to bury itself in the wall like a harpoon. She smiled, and waited to see what he'd do next.

No, not really. She ran forwards like a bullet, with a hop, a skip, and a jump. Two pieces of invisible golden metal swung through the air to crunch into the Wood Aspect.

He failed to meet DDV. Dex4+Dodge5+Ess3+Bracers3/2 rounded up = 8.
He got 8 sux, 6 after penalties.

Dex+Stealth to regain Surprise: [roll0]

Another 5 motes spent on the 1st ex, same spread. And this time form Peripheral, but spending the extra mote to stop it adding to the Anima.
Attack1: [roll1]
Attack1: [roll2]
Base Damage 12+Any extra sux.
(I forgot the bonus damage from the bracers before.)

As an aside, did I get any Stunt dice from the attack on Kaian and subsequent sneaking?

Essence.
Permanent: ●●●
Personal: 12/17
Peripheral: 11/40 (Attuned: 23)

Sanguine
2010-10-20, 12:52 PM
Sun
1 die stunt on those two occasions and one now.

As your swords swing towards Jor he leaps back flipping backwards through the air. Landing perfectly balanced several feet away from where he was before and just inches out of the reach of your swords.

Nocking three arrows simultaneously on his bow he lets them fly, each heading staright for you.

First Arrow: [roll0]
Second Arrow: [roll1]
Third Arrow: [roll2]

Also Join Battle: [roll3]

Reynard
2010-10-20, 01:29 PM
Sun chuckled, taking a ready stance. I'd lower the cloak to make this fair, but I'm under orders.

He feet slid unnoticed across the floor, readying to hop and attack her opponent.

Per+Aware: [roll0]

Essence.
Personal: 17/17
Peripheral: 12/40 (Attuned: 23)

Ganurath
2010-10-21, 01:04 PM
Nera takes her time examining the rooms before settling on one of the lesser chambers to test out the bed. She wanted to go for one of those fancier two, but she imagined they were for Iron Raven and Sun's past life. Whatever the physical sensation of the bed, Nera would enjoy the mental sensation of being able to rest without attachments or worries. Valken was safe, the Coven was dealt with, Sun was up and mobile... Wait.

"...Sky. Where are Feathers, his Bondmate, and the Bondmate of Makato? Still in Sandsedge, or somewhere around here?"

Reynard
2010-10-21, 01:22 PM
Sun skipped forwards like a dancer, and rolled past the Wood with a speed and grace buoyed by her magics.

Not coming from where he expected her to, his front, Sun raked her swords up along his back, then unleashed an absolute torrent of blows on his rear. The air hissed faintly as her blades whirled, striking the Dragonblooded with overwhelming speed and power.

Six times she struck, spreading blood across the room.

Dex+Stealth for Surprise [roll0]

[rollv]11d10[rollv]
[rollv]10d10[rollv]
[rollv]8d10[rollv]
[rollv]7d10[rollv]
[rollv]6d10[rollv]
[rollv]5d10[rollv]
Base Damage: 12+Extra Sux.

Now here's a thing I really should have asked sooner. As by the description of the hearthstone in Oadenol's Codex, the Speed of this attack should be 2 Is the right? There's no Errata for it that I can see.

Essence.
Personal: 17/17
Peripheral: 12/40 (Attuned: 23)

DrakeRaids
2010-10-22, 08:18 AM
Valken follows his own golden path to whatever this place has that passes for a kitchen, his even paced stride taking in the enter manse with intrigued eyes. "So. Self understands Lady Sun has prevented self from entering lower area's with first age archives, however, Manse much know much from that time yes? Has sun forbid Sky from speaking to me?"

Sanguine
2010-10-22, 12:36 PM
Sun

Jor ducks bobs and weaves around the swords evading their wickedly sharp edges. As he does this he smiles in your general direction and mocks. "What were you saying about making things fair? I didn't quite catch it."

Almost simultaneously, the young mortal Darik runs out of the room screaming.

Tick Order

Tick 3: Sun
Tick 6: Jor
Tick 15: Mysterious Event!

Makoto

Among the many fascinating plants that Sky tells you about in the garden, one stands proud as the most strange. Viscus Sero: Colloquially known as "The Meat Tree". Created through cross-pollination, essence induced biological changes, and judicious use of Wyld Energy by Iron Raven thousands of years ago. The tree stands roughly five feet in height and bears strangely shaped pinkish fruit. The meat of the fruit below the skin, is just that, meat. It has the exact same taste, smell, texture, and nutritional content as meat. Their are various sub-species of the plant, each giving forth a different type of meat, everything from cows and pigs to tyrant lizards and simhata. Their is at least one example of each in the garden. Another, slightly less strange, feature of the tree is that it can not only survive, but thrive throughout the South without human intervention.

Nera

"Feathers and his Mate left some time ago. Owl is still in Sandsedge tending to the wounded, to my knowledge."

Valken

Sky looks at you suspiciously and says just as suspiciously. "What do you wish to know?"

Wings

From your perch you can hear a great uproar coming from the palace. Most of it is utterly unintelligible, however you do make out one word oft repeated. Anathema.

Feathers

"So are we gonna get going, or are you just gonna sit here all day?"

Ganurath
2010-10-22, 12:42 PM
Nera slowly sits up, nodding. Yeah, not done yet. "Tell Makato I was thinking of going to check on Sandsedge, see how it was recovering from the Coven's attack with Owl's supervision. Unless you've been able to monitor the village somehow, that is."

Sanguine
2010-10-22, 12:47 PM
Nera

"Sandsedge lies outside my area of influence. I will tell Makoto immediately."

Makoto

"Makoto, Nera wanted me to pass on a message...." Continuing, now in the exact voice of Nera. "Tell Makato I was thinking of going to check on Sandsedge, see how it was recovering from the Coven's attack with Owl's supervision."

DrakeRaids
2010-10-22, 12:49 PM
"Self wonders about what about the people of the first age, as a hobby one could say. What where previous incarnations of Sun and Wings like? Raven as well, if Sky would be kind enough to speak of them." Valken asked calmly as he walked, not making any reaction to Skys suspicious tone.

Reynard
2010-10-22, 01:00 PM
Sun smirked, and leapt at him, her two swords slicing for his neck. His efforts dodging her had left him open, and she planned to make good use of this. Sun sailed over his head, her blades missing his flesh by a fragment of an inch.

As she fell to to the ground, she twisted midair to deliver a crushing double blow to his shoulder.

Dex+Stealth for Surprise [roll0]

Spending 5 motes total on the 1st melee ex, from personal.

[rollv]19d10[rollv]
[rollv]19d10[rollv]
Base Damage: 12+Extra Sux.

Essence.
Personal: 15/17
Peripheral: 14/40 (Attuned: 23)

Green Bean
2010-10-22, 01:17 PM
Makoto is examining the Viscus Sero closely for seeds when Sky passes on the message. "Hmm? Mind if I accompany you? I'm curious myself, and it will be good to see Owl again."

senrath
2010-10-22, 11:37 PM
Feathers

"Let's get going." Feathers said, heading out to get his weapons and armor ready. He was still a little worried, but they probably could handle it.

Sanguine
2010-10-24, 01:51 PM
Sun

Capitalizing on a split second where his eye is turned, you attack. The blades rip through his abdomen spilling gory viscera all over the floor. Jor looks up at you with glazed eyes as he lays dying. "Damn..."

Valken

"Well people change over the course of a lifetime. Exalts more then others, after all their lifetimes are longer. Some traits however stay the same. She Who Survived The Darkness was a strong woman, with a very defined code of ethics, one completely free of outside influence. She also loved her mate dearly."

"Iron Raven, was always a very compassionate man who loved his family dearly. I don't think he ever recovered from the death of his daughter. He also loved to create things."

"Wings unlike the Master or Mistress has had many incarnations over the years. His love of the Mistress being the only trait they all shared."

Reynard
2010-10-24, 03:21 PM
Sun knelt and finished off the Dragonblooded with a swift removal of his head.

Two down. Now, let's see if that boy did what I think he did.

Sun ran to do the door Darik had fled through and leapt, standing ready on the lintel, above the door. She balanced easily on the balls of her feet, and waited.

Ganurath
2010-10-24, 07:22 PM
"Actually, I was planning on going alone, and just thought I'd say so you'd know where I was." Even being relayed by Sky, Nera's sarcasm was evident. "I'll meet you at the entrance area, maybe help you prepare an explanation for your Mate as to where you vanished to without warning."

After sending that, Nera realizes her sarcasm has a serious element. "Sky, could you tell Valken that Makato and I are heading out to Sandsedge? He can come if he wants, but he may need to mind his tattooes in case of a fresh Immaculate presence."

Immaculate presence. Nera's stroll toward the entrance took on a sense of urgency.

Green Bean
2010-10-24, 07:29 PM
"I'll be there in a moment. And I wouldn't worry about preparing an explanation. She deserves the truth."

DrakeRaids
2010-10-24, 11:05 PM
Valken considered pressing for more information about them, but he didn't want push the Manse so hard it became suspicious of him. This bit of information would be enough for now, perhaps give him something to build off of later. "Self is curious about Manse is well. Perhaps have likes and dislikes? Must be lonely here all alone for such years. How long spent in such state? Or was silence preferable to such strange company as Self?" He asked wryly.

Sanguine
2010-10-25, 09:50 AM
Valken

"You know, to me it seems such a short while since Master was here last. I suspect it was an in-built process to prevent loneliness. And yes like all sentient beings I have likes and dislikes." Sky stops talking for a moment and then he looks at you and says. "Nera wishes me to give you a message. "Sky, could you tell Valken that Makato and I are heading out to Sandsedge? He can come if he wants, but he may need to mind his tattooes in case of a fresh Immaculate presence.""

DrakeRaids
2010-10-25, 10:23 AM
"Ah. Shall talk later then? For now tell Maiden Self shall arrive shortly," Valken said, pausing to wonder what state the town was in now. It had been a few months since they had last seen them... And after that tragedy he only hoped they where coping well. Taking a few steps foreword his form seemed to shrink and compact out of itself as he moved, till his form was that of a large monsgoose, covered in slight silver markings, that quickly began scampering to the entrance.