PDA

View Full Version : [d&d 3.5] Half-dragon build

LanderTaker
2010-09-23, 10:59 AM
Hello,

i am looking for ideas or info about building a character with half-dragon template.

I am primarily thinking about doing something like a fighter.

We are going to use some house rules that convert the game in a HP fixed game (you do not gain more HP per level) and some adjustments like armour = absorb damage and base attack is added to AC (instead of the armor and only if you are not flat footed, can react to the attack... etc).

At the end, big creatures have a lot of advantage in physical combat just because the big strength, brutal natural armor, etc.

A half-dragon have the main part of the advantages of a big creature (troll like size) but with middle size and so it is not underpowered as common fighters at common 3.5 d&d.

In base to that, I am looking for classes and prestige classes (a build) with the next conditions:
* fun
* some resources
* some bonus to saves to compensate the +3 LA.

If you have too some good houserules to the half-dragon, please feel free to share them :)

I have been looking and taking notes about feats, classes, prestige classes, possible dips, etc:
* Occult slayer: for some nice skills and bonus to saves vs spells and spell-like.
* duskblade: dip 1 for some spells, and it is good for skill requisites (to get occult slayer, by example)
* dip 1 or 2 levels of lion of bear barbarian (you can multiclass them with warrior to be able to carry a full-plate and you do not loss any class feature)
* Paladin: dip 2 levels for bonus to saves, work to the dm... lol
* monk: dip 2 levels for natural damage improvement, good base saves (house ruled to upgrade claw from 1d4 to d8 (common human is 1d3 to 1d6 ;P)), and some feats like lightning reflexes (to be able to get it like prerequisite to some nice opportunity attack feats like you move I hit you, you do not move I hit you)
* 2 level dip: Crusader: bonus car. to will saves. Some maneuvers, maybe maneuvers based feats.
* one or more level dip of Swordsage: maneuvers, good list of skills!, initiative bonus, free weapon focus (too see if is there one valid for two handed sword, by example). Bonus to AC if imprisoned (because they get all your equipment so you must survive without armor ;) lol!!). Nice saves.
* warrior: for more feats. It this character hits level 21, will get a lvl of warrior to get 2 epic warrior feats (devastating strike and the like ;P, from draconomicon rulebook).
* 1 level dip of warblade: maneuvers, add int to ref saves. Nice class for main progression.
* ghost-faced killer... nice skills for high strength warrior. Can get requisites from swordsage.
* ronin: I do not like its fluf for my char, but warrior base attack + sneak attack is nice.

More later... like some nice feats I am considering...

Thanks you very much!