PDA

View Full Version : Psionic/Martial Factotum

Kobold-Bard
2010-09-23, 11:18 AM
How would making Arcane Dillitent utilise Powers or Manouvers instea of spells affect the game?

Should I let Powers be augmented? If so should I give them a PP total, and how much?

Should they be able to use Stances?

Thanks in advance,
K-B

Starbuck_II
2010-09-23, 11:48 AM
How would making Arcane Dillitent utilise Powers or Manouvers instea of spells affect the game?

Should I let Powers be augmented? If so should I give them a PP total, and how much?

Should they be able to use Stances?

Thanks in advance,
K-B

Well, you get spell-like spells not actual spells. As an exception you can apply metamagic (Spell-likes normall can't use normal metamagic).

So give Psi-like powers (since psi-like pwer are auto-augmented, you don'ty need to give more than 1 PP. Can't use Psionics without 1 PP anyway)

Kobold-Bard
2010-09-23, 11:51 AM
Well, you get spell-like spells not actual spells. As an exception you can apply metamagic (Spell-likes normall can't use normal metamagic).

So give Psi-like powers (since psi-like pwer are auto-augmented, you don'ty need to give more than 1 PP. Can't use Psionics without 1 PP anyway)

I didn't realise they auto-augmented so that helps.

Zaq
2010-09-23, 11:27 PM
I did that in a game once. We were aiming at a slightly lower power level, so we ruled that you could use the PLAs unaugmented as normal, or spend Inspiration points (I forget if it was just one point, or one point per power level... probably just one point) to treat them as augmented. Again, though, that was aiming at a lower power level than the standard Factotum, so it probably wouldn't break much to treat them as normal (fully augmented) PLAs.

HunterOfJello
2010-09-24, 01:08 AM
Spell-Like Abilities have their own metamagic type feats. They're on the monster feats lists.

Creating a Psionic instead of Arcane factotum doesn't sould like a problem to me. They would count as Psi-Like Abilities and follow the rules defined in the Expanded Psionics Handbook.

Replace a spell of a certain level with a psionic power with the equivalent number of power points.

Kobold-Bard
2010-09-24, 03:55 AM
Any thoughts on the Martial Variant? Thinking just let him access equal level maneouvers/stances fom a few schools (thinking Diamond Mind an you get to choose the other two, one permanent an he other changeable daily).

Think I'll go with the auto augmenting psi-like abilities, though that defeats the purpose of using Psionics. Hmm...

Draz74
2010-09-24, 11:44 AM
Any thoughts on the Martial Variant? Thinking just let him access equal level maneouvers/stances fom a few schools (thinking Diamond Mind an you get to choose the other two, one permanent an he other changeable daily).

I think if you search, you can find a couple places where rules for this have been proposed on the Homebrew forum. I can't remember details, though, of e.g. whether they required prerequisite maneuvers to be enforced.