PDA

View Full Version : Car door window opener broken

Marnath
2010-09-23, 02:45 PM
So yeah, the thing that makes my rear passenger window go up and down broke. I tried taping the window to the top of the door but it slides down. I tore off the interior panel(which I hope i'm not going to regret) and stuck an axe handle in to hold the glass up. Does anyone have ideas on a better way to keep the window closed? restoring functionality is not something I care about, all I want is to keep the weather out of my car.

Many thanks for the help. :smallsmile:

Lycan 01
2010-09-23, 03:15 PM
My dad's a mechanic, and he's fixed this problem plenty of times before. Yes, you will problably regret tearing off the interior panel, as a mechanic could have probably taken it apart professionally and fixed whatever the problem is without messing anything up. IIRC, there's a small motor that runs the window up or down, and the motor has probably shorted out and needs to be repaired/replaced.

Until you get it fixed, here's what my dad did for his car. He just folded up a piece of paper, and placed it up at the top of the window. He then slid the window all the way up into place, where the folded piece of paper kept the window stuck in place. A very easy and cheap solution that's the cost of a piece of paper. It gets knocked loose when you open/close the door sometimes, but its easy to put back in place

Marnath
2010-09-23, 03:16 PM
Cool, I'll have to try that if what I did doesn't work. Thanks. :smallsmile:

Gullara
2010-09-23, 03:19 PM
An axe handle, something about that is hilarious.

Marnath
2010-09-23, 03:23 PM
An axe handle, something about that is hilarious.

Lol. It's what I had laying around that was roughly the right length. :smalltongue: